NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Joohan wrote:
Aueroth wrote:
Many thanks, also are there any good tips on how to progress and expand?

Also what depths has Isaac sunk to?

Extermination of the entire male populace of a given tribe or settlement, and the forced marriages of the defeated female population to the soldiery is a common practice within the Icedonian Army.

Aside from that though, he's rather reserved in temperament and cordial to his own people.

I'm not sure favoring your own people says much unfortunately. This is the ancient era unfortunately tho.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Seems I do, a mongol empire in Persia vs the Sumerian greed machine that swallowed up Elam. Might have to go pacify some horse lords if they pose a giant problem in my Persian markets and trade.

Don't worry, I'll allow your cities to keep their wealth, so long as they bend the knee; and since I can't kill you, it'd be good to have a pet I for the rest of my immortal life

You mean in an alternate reality where you won? Because in this one would have me cross the Zagros and call in Indus to smash some hordes that threaten overland trade. Hell, I could also just disrupt any sort of political power structure that's rising up in the northern Iranian plains. Throw enough dissents into civil war and spread some good praporaganda to keep the war going from their Sumerian support and I could make your idea shatter underneath your feet.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Aueroth wrote:
Don't worry, I'll allow your cities to keep their wealth, so long as they bend the knee; and since I can't kill you, it'd be good to have a pet I for the rest of my immortal life

You mean in an alternate reality where you won? Because in this one would have me cross the Zagros and call in Indus to smash some hordes that threaten overland trade. Hell, I could also just disrupt any sort of political power structure that's rising up in the northern Iranian plains. Throw enough dissents into civil war and spread some good propaganda to keep the war going from their Sumerian support and I could make your idea shatter underneath your feet.

Well, I'm not saying their needs to be war, but we could reach an agreement I'm sure; I could always use what you're selling, and you'd be missing out on a valuable trading opportunity. I don't want to have to cross the Tigris. It would be foolish to lock blades with an established power, especially so early on

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Ahhhhh, troubles in the Middle East. Somethings really don’t change.

That aside, I’m going to assume it’s not it crazy to think stone spears/arrows will do jack shit to Bronze armor, right?
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

I imagine not, unless said spears can find their way between a joint or gap in the plating.

On another note, how long does it take to establish a civilization?

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Aueroth wrote:I imagine not, unless said spears can find their way between a joint or gap in the plating.

On another note, how long does it take to establish a civilization?

From what I’ve noticed, 15 years seems to be fine time for the setting up of a regional power.
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:You mean in an alternate reality where you won? Because in this one would have me cross the Zagros and call in Indus to smash some hordes that threaten overland trade. Hell, I could also just disrupt any sort of political power structure that's rising up in the northern Iranian plains. Throw enough dissents into civil war and spread some good propaganda to keep the war going from their Sumerian support and I could make your idea shatter underneath your feet.

Well, I'm not saying their needs to be war, but we could reach an agreement I'm sure; I could always use what you're selling, and you'd be missing out on a valuable trading opportunity. I don't want to have to cross the Tigris. It would be foolish to lock blades with an established power, especially so early on

Actually not really in some variance. Most of Persia's resources on in Elam and the southern part of the country, where I'm near to. You would have resources, but not in the vast quantities that I can use to fuel the expansion of the Sumerian greed machine. However going to war with you would disrupt overland trading between Sumer and Indus, which is already a heavily invested interest since they give us access to northern India in trade posts where some are barely being constructed in the coasts. This I hope to start to remedy once I'm done with the big campagins trying to eat half of Iraq.

So we will do peace, at least until you try to go against Sumerian interest in the area then I'll have to start putting some flex on the Mongol Persians to stop that or I'll have to do something about it. Can bring Indus in this as they to rely on the overland trade with me in some large form. Would make me develop a much more advance navy, true sailing ships to keep things cheap on my end.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Hmmmm, seems fair, how long does it take for a year to pass in IRL time?

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Aueroth wrote:

Actually not really in some variance. Most of Persia's resources on in Elam and the southern part of the country, where I'm near to. You would have resources, but not in the vast quantities that I can use to fuel the expansion of the Sumerian greed machine. However going to war with you would disrupt overland trading between Sumer and Indus, which is already a heavily invested interest since they give us access to northern India in trade posts where some are barely being constructed in the coasts. This I hope to start to remedy once I'm done with the big campagins trying to eat half of Iraq.

So we will do peace, at least until you try to go against Sumerian interest in the area then I'll have to start putting some flex on the Mongol Persians to stop that or I'll have to do something about it. Can bring Indus in this as they to rely on the overland trade with me in some large form. Would make me develop a much more advance navy, true sailing ships to keep things cheap on my end.

can promise nothing, and I would choose to respect and profit from this trade route, but ultimately once I start expanding much of it will fall under my protection. I have no interest in cutting the trade between Sumeria and Indus is half. But if you try to meddle in the affairs of my civilization, then we will have war, and war is bad for business.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Actually not really in some variance. Most of Persia's resources on in Elam and the southern part of the country, where I'm near to. You would have resources, but not in the vast quantities that I can use to fuel the expansion of the Sumerian greed machine. However going to war with you would disrupt overland trading between Sumer and Indus, which is already a heavily invested interest since they give us access to northern India in trade posts where some are barely being constructed in the coasts. This I hope to start to remedy once I'm done with the big campagins trying to eat half of Iraq.

can promise nothing, and I would choose to respect and profit from this trade route, but ultimately once I start expanding much of it will fall under my protection. I have no interest in cutting the trade between Sumeria and Indus is half. But if you try to meddle in the affairs of my civilization, then we will have war, and war is bad for business.

Sure war is bad for business, but having an expansionist militaristic power of Horse Lords that may cause blows of Sumerian interests in Iran is even worse business than war. Your affairs are to grow large and expand with your Mongol culture to become the premier power in Iran? Fine, you will have it somewhat easier since Iran still have nomadic tribes that live off of trade that comes between Sumer and the rest of Mesopotamia and some even developed some city-states I would believe. But thinking about marching on the Zagros and I will march on your empire with no quarter as the last thing I do.

I rather we do trade, trade builds everyone but I will put people to the sword if my interests are threatened.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Aueroth wrote:

Sure war is bad for business, but having an expansionist militaristic power of Horse Lords that may cause blows of Sumerian interests in Iran is even worse business than war. Your affairs are to grow large and expand with your Mongol culture to become the premier power in Iran? Fine, you will have it somewhat easier since Iran still have nomadic tribes that live off of trade that comes between Sumer and the rest of Mesopotamia and some even developed some city-states I would believe. But thinking about marching on the Zagros and I will march on your empire with no quarter as the last thing I do.

I rather we do trade, trade builds everyone but I will put people to the sword if my interests are threatened.

Then we have an agreement, I will expand so long as it does not interfere with you, and in return, I'm allowed to trade freely along the trade routes you made.

Also, you know what I bring to the table in terms of military, what kind of army do you have? Conscripts and spear-men? Maybe even chariots? I should think of adopting chariots eventually, that'd be cool

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Aueroth wrote:Hmmmm, seems fair, how long does it take for a year to pass in IRL time?

There's no official timetable. Usually new posters start by documenting what they're doing daily. By post three or four, you can probably start doing weeks or months. OP will periodically announce timeskips of 5ish years, bringing everyone back to the same date roughly, but you shouldn't be doing year long jumps on your own. As an example, Plzen and G are kind of in a bad spot, since they're a year ahead of Joohan and I with their war. It means any interactions we have with them are out of sync.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Ralnis can we get back to trade. I am hoping we can work on iron. There are a few things I am hoping to do.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Ralnis can we get back to trade. I am hoping we can work on iron. There are a few things I am hoping to do.

I thought we were? That's why I sent the whole peace envoy to try and smooth things over. And, while I do have access to Elam's stone and iron, I don't know how to work it so I'm hoping to send some people and Luther in secret to come learn with Egypt and Oak to try and figure this out.

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Sure war is bad for business, but having an expansionist militaristic power of Horse Lords that may cause blows of Sumerian interests in Iran is even worse business than war. Your affairs are to grow large and expand with your Mongol culture to become the premier power in Iran? Fine, you will have it somewhat easier since Iran still have nomadic tribes that live off of trade that comes between Sumer and the rest of Mesopotamia and some even developed some city-states I would believe. But thinking about marching on the Zagros and I will march on your empire with no quarter as the last thing I do.

Then we have an agreement, I will expand so long as it does not interfere with you, and in return, I'm allowed to trade freely along the trade routes you made.

Also, you know what I bring to the table in terms of military, what kind of army do you have? Conscripts and spear-men? Maybe even chariots? I should think of adopting chariots eventually, that'd be cool

The backbone is still conscripts and spearmen, chariots up to horses and onagers are of use. We have gone to two wheels as the majority of the cavalry but we also have actual horsemen in the form of the Kurgan, a real-life culture that had been messed with by another trade partner called Nesto on accident and nearly caused them to fall. I'm using my large trade influence to bring them over to settle as a vassal horde on call in case I need experience riders. Plus they brought me superior breeds of horses I'm currently breeding for my own cavalry.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Ralnis can we get back to trade. I am hoping we can work on iron. There are a few things I am hoping to do.

Tbh I’d liked to discus Iron making too, considering it would probably be ideal for your people to come trade in the case of a 15 year jump. We’d probably be messing around with Arsenic Bronze by that point, Andrew pushing to get to Iron and be rid of Arsenic Bronze.
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Alaroma wrote:

Tbh I’d liked to discus Iron making too, considering it would probably be ideal for your people to come trade in the case of a 15 year jump. We’d probably be messing around with Arsenic Bronze by that point, Andrew pushing to get to Iron and be rid of Arsenic Bronze.

You should be seeing some Sumerian galleys from the Red Sea in my post. Whenever I finish it.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Tbh I’d liked to discus Iron making too, considering it would probably be ideal for your people to come trade in the case of a 15 year jump. We’d probably be messing around with Arsenic Bronze by that point, Andrew pushing to get to Iron and be rid of Arsenic Bronze.

You should be seeing some Sumerian galleys from the Red Sea in my post. Whenever I finish it.

I don’t have access to the sea, I at best am aware through talk from traders. It might cause interest to Andrew, but he’s got things to do.
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:You should be seeing some Sumerian galleys from the Red Sea in my post. Whenever I finish it.

I don’t have access to the sea, I at best am aware through talk from traders. It might cause interest to Andrew, but he’s got things to do.

You should, Aksum is a region bordering the Red Sea and would have most of its population on coastal settlements maybe? At least I would say that the Sumerians have had some interactions with Aksumite settlements in short trades to the Sinai and Egypt.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:

I thought we were? That's why I sent the whole peace envoy to try and smooth things over. And, while I do have access to Elam's stone and iron, I don't know how to work it so I'm hoping to send some people and Luther in secret to come learn with Egypt and Oak to try and figure this out.

Aueroth wrote:

The backbone is still conscripts and spearmen, chariots up to horses and onagers are of use. We have gone to two wheels as the majority of the cavalry but we also have actual horsemen in the form of the Kurgan, a real-life culture that had been messed with by another trade partner called Nesto on accident and nearly caused them to fall. I'm using my large trade influence to bring them over to settle as a vassal horde on call in case I need experience riders. Plus they brought me superior breeds of horses I'm currently breeding for my own cavalry.

A wise move, I think I'll settle for the 'ol Divide Et Impera, start with the weakest rival tribes and work my up, annihilating any who refuse to join. The biggest challenge, just like the real Mongols, will be with siege engines

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I don’t have access to the sea, I at best am aware through talk from traders. It might cause interest to Andrew, but he’s got things to do.

You should, Aksum is a region bordering the Red Sea and would have most of its population on coastal settlements maybe? At least I would say that the Sumerians have had some interactions with Aksumite settlements in short trades to the Sinai and Egypt.

Aksum is closer to a river and lake than the sea. It’s got settlements all around it, and is 15 days away from the sea. When Axum unifies the tribe, that’ll be different. The Tigrayans border the sea, but that doesn’t mean Axum borders the sea. You’d have to go 15 days inland to find me.
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I thought we were? That's why I sent the whole peace envoy to try and smooth things over. And, while I do have access to Elam's stone and iron, I don't know how to work it so I'm hoping to send some people and Luther in secret to come learn with Egypt and Oak to try and figure this out.

A wise move, I think I'll settle for the 'ol Divide Et Impera, start with the weakest rival tribes and work my up, annihilating any who refuse to join. The biggest challenge, just like the real Mongols, will be with siege engines

We do have siege engines as well, forged antiquity level stuff not to long ago in unifying Sumer. Even starting to get crossbows in the way but that's taking some time and have gotten my hands on knowing how to make traction trebuchets but I'm not focused on war now. I'm spearheading massive industrial projects across Southern Mesopotamia and in Aratta(north of Elam) with water power in three rivers. It will take me years before me conquering Elam and years after before I can turn my attentions elsewhere. Should still be doable during the timeskip, if there's a timeskip.

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:You should, Aksum is a region bordering the Red Sea and would have most of its population on coastal settlements maybe? At least I would say that the Sumerians have had some interactions with Aksumite settlements in short trades to the Sinai and Egypt.

Aksum is closer to a river and lake than the sea. It’s got settlements all around it, and is 15 days away from the sea. When Axum unifies the tribe, that’ll be different. The Tigrayans border the sea, but that doesn’t mean Axum borders the sea. You’d have to go 15 days inland to find me.

Then I guess I shall be doing business with the Tigaryans till you conquer them.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Just in case any1 wonders, I am still in and around. jusy waiting for people to hit the 19 years mark, as I jumped too far into time in two posts.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 pm

How long are these wars gonna last?
-Nuverkikstan

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:19 am

With regards to transporting farm animals, do you think it is doable to put animals in a boat or cart for long distance (1-2 weeks away+) trade?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse