NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:cool cool, tis my event. I dispute between two tribes within the tribal kingdom correct?

You're feudal system seemed to be going a bit too smooth. Im quite decided in testing to see how much proud barbarian tribes with long grudges against each other would be willing to undergo a system so foreign and altruistic.

Aye, sounds good. Its basically feudal lite though, pyramid scheme like always but nothing so far preventing a all out war between tribes save for the kings interference as of yet.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Whew. Finally back. What did I miss? Sudden 300 year timeskip?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:40 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Whew. Finally back. What did I miss? Sudden 300 year timeskip?

Nothing much spring break for the most part paused posts for a bit. I thimk I made 2 posts or something like the during your disappearance. Thanks to vacationing.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:49 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Civilization OP wrote:
You're feudal system seemed to be going a bit too smooth. Im quite decided in testing to see how much proud barbarian tribes with long grudges against each other would be willing to undergo a system so foreign and altruistic.

Aye, sounds good. Its basically feudal lite though, pyramid scheme like always but nothing so far preventing a all out war between tribes save for the kings interference as of yet.

The system kind of reminded me of the early Roman monarchy in structure. They had a king, and the Kings advising senate. When the king died a senator was chosen who had 5 days to nominate a new king and get them approved by the senate, and during that time they had king like powers. If that senator didn't nominate someone and get them approved, another senator had 5 days to do the task. Except in your case, the senators would be tribal chieftains.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Aye, sounds good. Its basically feudal lite though, pyramid scheme like always but nothing so far preventing a all out war between tribes save for the kings interference as of yet.

The system kind of reminded me of the early Roman monarchy in structure. They had a king, and the Kings advising senate. When the king died a senator was chosen who had 5 days to nominate a new king and get them approved by the senate, and during that time they had king like powers. If that senator didn't nominate someone and get them approved, another senator had 5 days to do the task. Except in your case, the senators would be tribal chieftains.

Pretty much yeah, I mainly havent been pushing hard for reform, because ive firmly been on focusing on making the tribes comfortable with this government. (Which is why Ted didnt really interfer with its birthing)

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Whew. Finally back. What did I miss? Sudden 300 year timeskip?

EVERYTHING IS BURNINGGGGG

Long story short:
Japan has a caste system, and some issues with slavery/all of their neighbors hating them

Thrace is doing Thracian things. Mostly just peacefully advancing Oak

Ireland is basically just Terminus at this point

England is doing warlord things

Argos is getting ready for a civil war

Everyone else is just getting set up

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:

Long story short:
Japan has a caste system, and some issues with slavery/all of their neighbors hating them

Hey mention me! I know I haven't been writing decent of late, but I will definitely get better!

Civilization OP
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
Me when reading the event. :p

This is going to shake things up for southern Japan for awhile.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I'VE READ ASIMOV! YOU HEAR ME OP?! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

[Insert menacing fist shaking]

Hey Multivac, how do you get rid of salt?

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:

Long story short:

Hey mention me! I know I haven't been writing decent of late, but I will definitely get better!

Oh right! I knew that I missed a few people

Rome is currently engaged in a nationwide fistfight

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:09 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:Japan has a caste system, and some issues with slavery/all of their neighbors hating them

Cue new theme.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 pm

New post up. I wrote it from the perspective of multiple characters, since I figure things are moving pretty fast with the whole war situation. I don't know if I'll do that again in the future, but I'm pretty happy with it. Not exactly the crime of the century, so the investigation was pretty basic all things said and done (though based on how simple society is right now, maybe it is the crime of the century...)

I'll probably do one more buildup post before the conflict itself. I'd like to get an actual government set up at some point, but I'm pacing things based on what I feel makes the most sense instead of rushing ahead. If that doesn't happen after the war, then I've got something planned for the north west of Ireland, since the megaliths there indicate a few other larger settlements existed around this time period.

Brown is explored/contacted. Light green is sphere of influence (allies and resource extraction mostly). Dark green is Dublin. Red is Drogheda. Yes I am just posting this because rip the IoM
Last edited by Bortslovakia on Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:37 am

A little bit of self realization. There is very little written. Mainly cuneiform with some hieroglyphics. Most of it is religious texts, songs and allegories, and lots of accounting for business. At this point most mathematics, medicine, cooking, surveying, history have not been written down yet. There are a few curiosities like letters between people and recipes. Almost all writing is business transaction records and records of government-- priestly stuff. Hieroglyphics is basically the holy language. There may be some barter tokens as well.

This means in order to get anything really interesting and practical recorded, I will have to get the people and then write things down. It should be an interesting challenge. In Egypt being a scribe is a nice life, so is being a temple scribe in Sumeria. There is no reason to wander off to live among the barbarians. The merchants or physicians might do this who can write, but not most others.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 am

I have been absent from this thread for a while, and while on my own I try and catch up to what has happened for other people in my area, could someone give me a summary of what has happened

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 am

The Surge Empire wrote:I have been absent from this thread for a while, and while on my own I try and catch up to what has happened for other people in my area, could someone give me a summary of what has happened

You didn't miss much. Most authors have bronze now, and a few are working on iron/steel. I summed up the situation in more detail a bit earlier, but suffice to say a long absence of G allowed most authors to catch up to some extent.

For the British Isles specifically, since you're in Devon if I remember correctly, I'll give a bit more detail

Issac has been going on the warpath, basically butchering all his neighbors men when they threaten him, and enslaving the women. It's pretty messed up, but Oxford is far away still at the moment, so you're probably fine to just peacefully build up. Issac has competent bronze working, a professional military structure, and is also domesticating horses.

I haven't seen the other Cornwall guy in a while, so that's a nonfactor.

Pat has been working on a bit of diplomacy, but will likely be in a bronze v bronze war against a population wise stronger city soon. Dublin is still pretty small compared to most author settlements, but it has competent bronze working, basic sailing tech, and has a diversified food network. Currently able to just barely work iron, and also trying to domesticate horses.
Last edited by Bortslovakia on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 am

Thank you for that, I'm about to get semi-Competent Bronze making, give it a few months we'll be up there, and horses I totally forgot about those. technically I been here but I trying to get a post in another roleplay, by the amount of time I saw this ooc thread skyrocket with post I was getting worried

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 am

The Surge Empire wrote:Thank you for that, I'm about to get semi-Competent Bronze making, give it a few months we'll be up there, and horses I totally forgot about those. technically I been here but I trying to get a post in another roleplay, by the amount of time I saw this ooc thread skyrocket with post I was getting worried

Honestly, for as active as the OOC thread is, IC is still only on page 9. Admittedly, each post there is a short essay in length usually, but really you haven't missed much.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:01 am

Posted, eh, Edward gets kings favor by giving advice, and brawl 2.0 arrangements made. Noting the future scorn between the two tribes, etc, etc.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:48 pm

I wanted to tell the story of the centaur, but centaurs don't appear to occur in legend until around 4 b.c. However, chickens first appeared around Europe in 3000 b.c. They were the birds that laid eggs every day. Originally chickens were kept as fighting birds, not for meat.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mushroomio
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mushroomio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Author Applicaiton

Name:John Drier
Height and Weight: 6', 150lb
Skin, hair, and eye description: Caucasion, brown hair+eyes
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: Civil Engineer
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): PHD in civil engineering
Physique description: A bit of a beer gut, but otherwise healthy. Square jaw, short hair, and strong arms define him.
Useful skills: Experience in building, and leadership skills

National Origin: American
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Contemplating suicide in an alley
Description of personality: Cold and callous at times, and afraid of making new relationships for fear of losing someone again
Where in the world are you landing?: Suez, Egypt

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
From a young age, John was raised to be tough. Raised in the Bronx, he knows what it is like to lose someone. His father was arrested for possession and sale of illegal substances, and when he went to jail, his parting words to his son were, "Don't be like me." Now, one PHD in civil engineering later, John has fulfilled his father's parting wish. A successful civil engineer, with his own company, John was feeling better about himself. But tragedy struck when his wife and unborn child were killed in a mugging gone awry, and John has never been the same. He stopped doing his job, he stopped managing properly, and had to file bankruptcy. His comfy apartment gave way to an alley behind a Burger King's, and he turned to crime. He could very well get himself a new job, he could very well start over. But his mind was too clouded, too far gone. 'Next morning', he thought, 'I will do it. Nobody will miss me in the Hudson.' he went to sleep that night, and little did he know, his life would be changed forever.
Last edited by Mushroomio on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP: New Civilizations
Character: Going mad with power, it's getting to his head. His delusions of grandeur are getting worse.
RP: Black Cell
Character: Slightly sarcastic, friendly
RP: A Heart of Rust
Character: Going mad, thinking his robots are his children, a bit of a recluse

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Hum. So are Plzen and Kelmet MIA. Anyone hanging about near Germania?

I feel like I could use an interaction to get the creative juices flowing again.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:15 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hum. So are Plzen and Kelmet MIA. Anyone hanging about near Germania?

I feel like I could use an interaction to get the creative juices flowing again.

I'm over in the southern Rhineland. If you want to say hi. We've got glazed pots and not much else.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:19 pm

If @Civ OP comes back and does my event, I'll finish my massive post up by this weekend.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:14 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hum. So are Plzen and Kelmet MIA. Anyone hanging about near Germania?

Just stay away from Italy my good man. For the great journey must commence before we can meet.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Still stuck in Ireland, so nothing I can do on that front. Maybe a shorter post on the beginning of Imperial bureaucracy might be something you could do in the meantime. Most of my filler in between bits of story has been explanations on government organization. Then again, I'm still an amateur at best when it comes to long form nation RP, so having filler in general may be a bad habit I need to kick.

Alternatively, you could have Viktor go on a trip south to Greece after hearing about a budding small, but complex trade network (a few books through dumb luck could have managed to migrate up to the Czech border). Maybe meet up with the authors in Argos or Thrace.

The problem is that so many authors were scared off from central and western Europe, Viktor is effectively alone. There's no real valid reason for anyone to wander off into what likely seems to be the middle of nowhere at the moment, so unless Mara takes the initiative, not much is going to end up there naturally.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Perhaps a trouble in paradise post? Start showing some cracks in the Imperium's system to help fuel an internal conflict?

Or perhaps a philosophical post? I don't recall you doing much in the terms of laying down a foundation and or justification for your society's existence.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse