NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

Is my app good?
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

Kelmet wrote:
Plzen wrote:Comparative reconstruction of proto-Germanic is a thing that exists.

How do you think I got my character names? :)

http://www.babynames.net/all/old-norse
I just used this.

Clearly yall lack creativeness. I slap names together and hope for the best.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Civilization OP
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:51 am

Plzen wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Noted. How fast would it take me to teach some lads to farm?

None. Agriculture is already prevalent in Continental Europe in this era.

Civilization OP wrote:The three year time skip will be Sunday - so finish up any short term story arcs you have soon.

Uh... dropping a timeskip right after our events? That doesn't leave us time to respond to them properly. I doubt I can get a post up this weekend.

I could probably boost it to monday

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am

Bortslovakia wrote:
Civilization OP wrote:* wipes blood away from nose *

Okay... I think... I think I did it. All events.... are done.......

If I missed you by chance, just tell me and I will rectify it as soon as possible. I will be updating the OP for new players and map positions tomorrow.

The three year time skip will be Sunday - so finish up any short term story arcs you have soon.

You missed poor Dublin!

Crap!

Imma get that now

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

How fast can we progress, anyhow?

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

How’s my App looking atm?

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:17 am

Wysten wrote:Author Applicaiton

Name: Samuel McElroy
Height and Weight: 5'8"
[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: White but tans, borderline buzz cut brown hair with brown eyes.
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: College Student
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): Was studying Russian History at Ohio State.
Physique description: Moderately built though not big by any means.
Useful skills: Has a baseline knowledge of most of history. Has a good understanding of Russian and European History. Is an ok survivalist thanks to his father teaching him.

National Origin: American
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Studying to be a History Professor.
Description of personality: Blunt to the point of being rude at times and when he thinks he's right Sam will dig in his heels and not move and inch.
Where in the world are you landing?: Tihany Hungary

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Born to a Nurse and Soldier in Georgia Sam had an ok childhood. Shortly after he was born though his parents divorced over matters he still doesn't quite understand. Living with his Dad for awhile Sam was taught the basics of survival from his dad though this all stopped when his Dad was deployed. After this he went to go live with his mother. Once his Dad came back he decided to stay with his Mom though kept close with his Dad. Moving out he went to Ohio State and is currently on his second year of his masters.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To make a lasting civ no matter the size.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Given the location I'm going with Ancient Slavs.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: It's the starting area for the original Slavs, specifically it'll be a nice area to grow by using the lake as a center for both food and trade.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?:
What are your character's motivations?:
Theme Song?:https://youtu.be/JEXw6Ck1F2M
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

Keep in mind that when the app means skills - it means unique abilities which you posses which would help you survive in this world. Abilities which you are either an expert in or highly proficient in doing: combatives, carpentry, or first aide, or engineering would be considered skills.

So, could you look over your skills again?

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:18 am

Everhall wrote:How’s my App looking atm?

As said by Teladonia - your skills need work. Look at my above post to see what I mean

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:43 am

Edited
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Clearly yall lack creativeness. I slap names together and hope for the best.

Luckily I have the premade badass name of Hibernia

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:01 pm

[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: White but tans, borderline buzz cut brown hair with brown eyes.
( Optional ) Picture:

Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): Was studying Russian History at Ohio State.
Useful skills:
• First Aid
•Basic Construction
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Studying to be a History Professor.
Description of personality: Blunt to the point of being rude at times and when he thinks he's right Sam will dig in his heels and not move and inch.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Born to a Nurse and Soldier in Georgia Sam had an ok childhood. Shortly after he was born though his parents divorced over matters he still doesn't quite understand. Living with his Dad for awhile Sam was taught the basics of survival from his dad though this all stopped when his Dad was deployed. After this he went to go live with his mother. Once his Dad came back he decided to stay with his Mom though kept close with his Dad. Moving out he went to Ohio State and is currently on his second year of his masters.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To make a lasting civ no matter the size.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Given the location I'm going with Ancient Slavs.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: It's the starting area for the original Slavs, specifically it'll be a nice area to grow by using the lake as a center for both food and trade.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Probably not a problem now, but later we should do something to curb war bonering

Looks good. I saw you kept basic construction? What does that entail to you? Because its pretty subjective to me, and warrants a explanation.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 pm

There are a number of very basic inventions which I am hoping to include, but my character is too busy in the RP to do them himself. Would they happen during the time skip. Here are a few of them.
1) Make charcoal.
2) Trade for chickens which appear around 3000 b.c.
3) Experiment with pickling, fermentation, drying and salting food.
4) Grow a variety of trees-- willow, olives, etc.
5) Experiment with willow bark and mold for medicine.
6) Convince the person who makes baskets to make barque, a large woven basket with animal skins that can be used to make a boat. Also make a boat out of reeds for fishing. Also to make fish traps.
7) Breed large vicious dogs. Introduce selective breeding-- heredity into plants and animals using basic Mendelian genetics.
8 ) Invent wood block printing.
9) Finish the book he is writing. Also, the book which Alcibiades is writing on Astronomy and Astrology. Also, the religious book from Darian which includes poetry and music.
10) Use charcoal mixed with crushed rocks, insects, natural product to make pigments for ink and dye.
11) Get a variety of scrolls from ancient Egypt and written tablets from Sumeria.
12) Develop ropes into nets, rope bridges, pulleys, etc.
13) Introduce logic, deism, stoicism.and other ideas.
14) Visit the library at Memphis in ancient Egypt which has scrolls around 2800 b.c.
15) Introduce more athletics including running and swimming.( On a personal level, I can swim fairly well.)
16) Bring more sages into the town than Alcibiades (the Astronomer), and Darian (the priest)
17) Make maps of the area surrounding the village and further north and south.
18) Convince more tradesmen to come to the town including blacksmiths, jewelers, beadmakers, weavers, and others.
19) Improve the hunting bow into a longbow with copper horns and a 100 lb draw that is man tall.
20) Make true boiled rawhide armor glued together in layers.
21) Create the first warrior scholars who understand the beginnings of strategy and drill.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

( Optional ) Picture:

Useful skills:
• First Aid
•Basic Construction

( Optional on down)
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Probably not a problem now, but later we should do something to curb war bonering

Looks good. I saw you kept basic construction? What does that entail to you? Because its pretty subjective to me, and warrants a explanation.

Things like sheds, small barns, huts, small houses etc. Though nothing larger than a Mansion.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:10 pm

What can I assume when making my post upon villages?

Gremand
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gremand » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Honestly I would probably start celebrating someone "healing everyone" as a miracle if everyone else around me did so. Thus the reasoning for the going with the flow instead of educating these people on more antibiotic principles- plus after a first couple months living in the forest I would probably forget most of my hygiene practices beyond bathing.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Gremand wrote:Honestly I would probably start celebrating someone "healing everyone" as a miracle if everyone else around me did so. Thus the reasoning for the going with the flow instead of educating these people on more antibiotic principles- plus after a first couple months living in the forest I would probably forget most of my hygiene practices beyond bathing.

I hope authors have a defense against the plagues all men of poor hygiene, acne
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:21 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:What can I assume when making my post upon villages?

Sorry - I'm not sure I follow exactly. Could you use more words to explain what you mean?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:24 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:What can I assume when making my post upon villages?

Sorry - I'm not sure I follow exactly. Could you use more words to explain what you mean?

I think he meant what he could assume the qualities and charactiristics of the generic village of this time.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Wysten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Looks good. I saw you kept basic construction? What does that entail to you? Because its pretty subjective to me, and warrants a explanation.

Things like sheds, small barns, huts, small houses etc. Though nothing larger than a Mansion.

Hmm, change it to, basic survival construction. Specifying and clarifying that it is only for constructions like that, because based upon you bio and purpose of it, I imagine thats going to be the main use of it.

Other then that you should be good to go.

Gremand
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gremand » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Gremand wrote:Honestly I would probably start celebrating someone "healing everyone" as a miracle if everyone else around me did so. Thus the reasoning for the going with the flow instead of educating these people on more antibiotic principles- plus after a first couple months living in the forest I would probably forget most of my hygiene practices beyond bathing.

I hope authors have a defense against the plagues all men of poor hygiene, acne

I know people who are basically immune to acne as it stands, so I wouldn't doubt that authors are at least resistant.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:06 pm

And thus, Issac unleashed his most powerful weapon upon the Imperium -

Copyright!

Ill be getting my post up today. My turn from advisor and local craftsman towards martial overlord will begin with the death of Klef.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Gah! My cows! I'll try to get a post or two up tomorrow (maybe today if I'm lucky), handle the current situation, then participate in the timeskip

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Any advice on diplomacy with Ortez after Lotoba (my village) if my village defeats them? I imagine Ortez could cease from the earth, but that will benefit no-one.

I want Ted to offer a different but reasonable solution. I've been thinking do the roman destroy village and incorporate survivors method, or the vassal strategy for a kingdom.

Incorporating survivors would grow the village exponentially, however keeping the village around would be a good source of ore.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Wysten wrote:Things like sheds, small barns, huts, small houses etc. Though nothing larger than a Mansion.

Hmm, change it to, basic survival construction. Specifying and clarifying that it is only for constructions like that, because based upon you bio and purpose of it, I imagine thats going to be the main use of it.

I see. Well, I don't know to affect the world, but something will happen.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:51 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hmm, change it to, basic survival construction. Specifying and clarifying that it is only for constructions like that, because based upon you bio and purpose of it, I imagine thats going to be the main use of it.

I see. Well, I don't know to effect the world, but something will happen.

All you need to do to effect the world is to write. Anything you write will be considered as something that happened in the world, unless told othereise. Just don't go crazy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse