NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Commercial Hubs, Traders, and Luxury Resources. Improved Gems are perhaps the easiest way to get ahead. An early profitable trade route is also valuable.

[Laughs in Horse Archer Spam]

Luther may have to cut his trade adventure short to use his power and wealth to unite the Fertile Crescent to fight the Horse Spawn.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Gremand
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gremand » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Revlona wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Swordsmen have 36 melee strength. Spearmen have 25 and Warriors 20. Your tech puts you way head in military score.

Where did you get those stats?

Ya spears are actually generally more powerful for untrained units to fight with. Sure, trained military units with sword sword and shield do very good against spearmen, but you could as easily give them stabbing spears as swords. That being said, highly trained+armored swordsmen can definitely prove extremely successful. One of the main reasons that swords were so important in the old world was the style of fighting- often the lines would break and fight individually, instead of holding centered and ramming each person in front of them down. That's the understanding I have at least, it's possible I misunderstand something in there.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:53 pm

I should clarify - my last few posts have been joke posts using Civilization 6 stats. They have no bearing on actual gameplay.
I'm really tired

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Skarten wrote:

Luther may have to cut his trade adventure short to use his power and wealth to unite the Fertile Crescent to fight the Horse Spawn.

You're Lucky. for now, im Just waiting for the OP. I awnsered his question, but he didnt respond
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Gremand wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Ya spears are actually generally more powerful for untrained units to fight with. Sure, trained military units with sword sword and shield do very good against spearmen, but you could as easily give them stabbing spears as swords. That being said, highly trained+armored swordsmen can definitely prove extremely successful. One of the main reasons that swords were so important in the old world was the style of fighting- often the lines would break and fight individually, instead of holding centered and ramming each person in front of them down. That's the understanding I have at least, it's possible I misunderstand something in there.

Pretty much, yep. Spears are great because you have reach on an enemy, and, working in formation, they are much preferable for holding a shield-wall.

Swords, however, are generically the better option for single combat, or when lines lock/break. Ditto fighting axes. A spear is useless if you are fighting someone up close, and then you want a cutting shortsword ala a gladius or falcata.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I should clarify - my last few posts have been joke posts using Civilization 6 stats. They have no bearing on actual gameplay.

Noooooooooooooo
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:58 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Gremand wrote:Ya spears are actually generally more powerful for untrained units to fight with. Sure, trained military units with sword sword and shield do very good against spearmen, but you could as easily give them stabbing spears as swords. That being said, highly trained+armored swordsmen can definitely prove extremely successful. One of the main reasons that swords were so important in the old world was the style of fighting- often the lines would break and fight individually, instead of holding centered and ramming each person in front of them down. That's the understanding I have at least, it's possible I misunderstand something in there.

Pretty much, yep. Spears are great because you have reach on an enemy, and, working in formation, they are much preferable for holding a shield-wall.

Swords, however, are generically the better option for single combat, or when lines lock/break. Ditto fighting axes. A spear is useless if you are fighting someone up close, and then you want a cutting shortsword ala a gladius or falcata.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I should clarify - my last few posts have been joke posts using Civilization 6 stats. They have no bearing on actual gameplay.

Noooooooooooooo

Spears are also really nice for fighting in on walls or barricades
Lover of doggos

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Everyone being so violent.

Breaks leg for science

Be peaceful, yah?
I'm really tired

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Y’all post way too fast. My second will go up tonight.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Skarten wrote:

Take your Saka's and rot
Revlona wrote:

They're the stats from Civilization 6

I'm currently playing as the Mongolians. My Keshiks saw a brief period of use to conquer the Egyptians before they became obsolete. I wish UUs had a longer period of relevance :/

Anyways I edited my post. Instead of invulnerability Jason used the power of bullshit to barely save his own hide. Hope that's sufficient. No idea when my fourth is going up, the week is gonna be hella busy.
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

Andaacht
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaacht » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Y’all post way too fast. My second will go up tonight.

Agreed haha I'm working on my second, but not sure if I need to jump ahead or not and how far.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Here's hoping for a positive event to fire now that my third post is out.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 pm

At this rate my second post will have to cover a lot.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Andaacht wrote:

Agreed haha I'm working on my second, but not sure if I need to jump ahead or not and how far.

Mine will probably cover at least six months, seeing how far behind we are.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Kelmet wrote:At this rate my second post will have to cover a lot.

Tbh you can go at any rate you want right now. Presently I'm only on month 4
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Andaacht wrote:

I feel bad for OP, everyone's time scaling differs lol. I'm about one day in on my third post while others are three years in.
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Kelmet wrote:At this rate my second post will have to cover a lot.

Tbh you can go at any rate you want right now. Presently I'm only on month 4

I'm on day 1, lol
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Andaacht wrote:

I feel bad for OP, everyone's time scaling differs lol. I'm about one day in on my third post while others are three years in.

To be fair, that's really the only way to do it, as we have seen some people are into there 3-4 posts while others are on 1.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Take your Saka's and rot

They're the stats from Civilization 6

I'm currently playing as the Mongolians. My Keshiks saw a brief period of use to conquer the Egyptians before they became obsolete. I wish UUs had a longer period of relevance :/

Anyways I edited my post. Instead of invulnerability Jason used the power of bullshit to barely save his own hide. Hope that's sufficient. No idea when my fourth is going up, the week is gonna be hella busy.

Play on a slower speed then.
I'm really tired

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 pm

I Hope OP gets to my app soon. I'm getting more and more If a distance between me and the other players. Soon enough i wont be able to unify sarmatia without G gobbling me up

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Andaacht wrote:

That person on 3 years scares me, no one but him have broken a year
Lover of doggos

Andaacht
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaacht » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Revlona wrote:
Burgerlandia wrote:I feel bad for OP, everyone's time scaling differs lol. I'm about one day in on my third post while others are three years in.

That person on 3 years scares me, no one but him have broken a year

I'm on the first day still haha

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Everyone else is starting grand civilizations, and all my character is doing is introducing hunter-gatherers to the concept of germ theory. :lol2:

It's like one of those tourist t-shirts: “I went to 3000 BC Japan and all I got was this lousy pottery.”
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:I'm currently playing as the Mongolians. My Keshiks saw a brief period of use to conquer the Egyptians before they became obsolete. I wish UUs had a longer period of relevance :/

Play on a slower speed then.

Slow build times also come with that

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Andaacht wrote:

I've stayed in my first year, because im not sure im allowed to enter the second year
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:Everyone else is starting grand civilizations, and all my character is doing is introducing hunter-gatherers to the concept of germ theory. :lol2:

It's like one of those tourist t-shirts: “I went to 3000 BC Japan and all I got was this lousy pottery.”

The only thing Clara introduced to date is writing and recordkeeping, so don't feel too bad about yourself. :) Your character isn't the only poorly-skilled one.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse