NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Civilization OP wrote:Im just reading through Rev's posts, and on the first page he has already made:

Bronze
A religion
An Army
Swords
Forges

And I've been:

Captured

I planned on drawing all that out over some years. Like, I was gonna go copper tools for a long while before moving up to bronze...

I wanna catch up, but I want the story to seem reasonable - ya know? I don't want to just spend a whole day writing a small novel in order to catch up...

Agreed.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Inmeria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Inmeria » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tbf, most people cling on to small rays of hope, or attempt to rationalize what happened with their limited information... Reality will set in soon.

Most people usually, in past games, figured out after a couple of years, or assumed it was an alien world. Really, how would you rationalize such a thing?

Pretty sure I'm gonna end up with some sort of solipsism rationalization. Like, I have no idea how I got here, or if this world is even real or some product of my imagination, but... Its the world my mind is "experiencing" so it might as well be the one I live in, regardless of its reality or lack thereof.
The Inmerian Holy Empire was founded by a migratory group of Pagan Europeans who were fleeing persecution from Christian Rome in the early 100's C.E. While seeking shelter in a large cave system, they found a teleportation device left behind by a still unknown Precursor species that transported them to the planet Arsiarci. The planet was a leyline and generated Aeonic Powers (magic) in the population. The strongest Aeon among them developed a cult of personality and would eventually come to be the God-Emperor of an Inmerian civilization that spans the stars. They would come back into contact with their homeworld of Terra nearly two-and-a-half millennia later.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Civilization OP wrote:Im just reading through Rev's posts, and on the first page he has already made:

Bronze
A religion
An Army
Swords
Forges

And I've been:

Captured

I planned on drawing all that out over some years. Like, I was gonna go copper tools for a long while before moving up to bronze...

I wanna catch up, but I want the story to seem reasonable - ya know? I don't want to just spend a whole day writing a small novel in order to catch up...

*sighs*

I’ve not made a religion, I’ve converted one person to Christianity

I’ve not made an army, I’ve just formed the hunters and guards of the village into a semi organized group

I’ve not made any swords at all

And my forge is really as simple as it can get

I don’t see why I should draw out using copper when I know how to make bronze, and have the necessary materials to do so

And why are you only targeting me may I ask?
Lover of doggos

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:29 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tbf, most people cling on to small rays of hope, or attempt to rationalize what happened with their limited information... Reality will set in soon.

Most people usually, in past games, figured out after a couple of years, or assumed it was an alien world. Really, how would you rationalize such a thing?

My character will probably realize where she is relatively soon, because she's been to Nara before, and knows about the Jōmon period.
Revlona wrote:I’ve not made a religion, I’ve converted one person to Christianity

Shouldn't that be Judaism because of the time period? :p
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Civilization OP wrote:

My character will probably realize where she is relatively soon, because she's been to Nara before, and knows about the Jōmon period.
Revlona wrote:I’ve not made a religion, I’ve converted one person to Christianity

No? I’m a Christian...so I’ve converted him to Christianity.
Lover of doggos

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Revlona wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

Christ hasn't been born
I'm really tired

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:35 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Christ hasn't been born

I don’t know that

Even if I did it’s still a miracle I’m here in the first place
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Revlona wrote:

Christ hasn't been born

Or has he?

Alternate timelines bitch.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:37 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Christ hasn't been born

Or has he?

What would be interesting would be people from different eras being transported back
I'm really tired

Inmeria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Inmeria » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:41 pm

So, first post up. Alex falls in with a group of hunter-gatherers, still under the assumption he's just in some heavily isolated part of the modern world.

Personally, I think its alright if some people want to skip most of the drama and go more quickly into the empire building. If people are worried about "catching up" then, well, at some point we could have a time skip that will get as all around the same point in time, and you can just say a lot of empire building happened in the time lapse.
The Inmerian Holy Empire was founded by a migratory group of Pagan Europeans who were fleeing persecution from Christian Rome in the early 100's C.E. While seeking shelter in a large cave system, they found a teleportation device left behind by a still unknown Precursor species that transported them to the planet Arsiarci. The planet was a leyline and generated Aeonic Powers (magic) in the population. The strongest Aeon among them developed a cult of personality and would eventually come to be the God-Emperor of an Inmerian civilization that spans the stars. They would come back into contact with their homeworld of Terra nearly two-and-a-half millennia later.

Andaacht
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaacht » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Plzen wrote:Looks like our resident Norway-author is stretching the timeline even more than I am. :) Proto-Germanic in Norway at 3000 BC...

Andaacht, my character (Clara Rose) is starting in Roskilde and Kelmet's is in Copenhagen. We've already agreed OOC to pool our resources together towards one united Scandinavian civilisation, and I would love to have your participation as a third partner in this arrangement.

Sorry, I'm not too knowledgable about what life was like before Christ...I'm trying my best. :)

And your guy's plan sounds super cool, though I like my independence. Let's play it as it goes and see what develops naturally.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Or has he?

What would be interesting would be people from different eras being transported back

Who said thats happening? Or disappearances from reality didn't happen on the same day.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Civilization OP
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:46 pm

Skarten wrote:Name: Felipe De Schaffensburgo
Height and Weight: 188cm|67kg
Skin, hair, and eye description: Felipe De Schaffensburgo is an tall, very light beige skinned man. He presents the common looks of an germanic person, with incredibly smooth, blonde hair and strongly blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: Information Technology Programmer
Level of education: Master's Degree On Information Technology, Probably some other degree things which i don't know how to translate to English, but they're essentially all about Software Development and that kind of stuff (You know, Programming, Databanks, that kind of thing)
Physique description: Felipe De Eleur has a rather athletic build. He is no body-builder, but it can be clearly noticed that he possesses natural strength.
Useful skills:
-Experience With Agriculture/Farm Management
-Experience With Gathering/Hunting
-High Knowledge In Mathematics
-Advanced History Knowledge
-Old Warfare Knowledge (Pre-Cold War)
-Horsemanship
-Basic Carpentry
-Basic Blacksmithing/Simple Metallurgy
National Origin: Brazil
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Browsing The Internet
Description of personality: Philipp Von Eleur's personality is an odd one. At first sight, he might appear to be an rather calm, calculative person. Yet, those who are closer to him can't deny that he possesses an weird form of "charisma", if it could be called that.
Where in the world are you landing?: Sarmatia, East Of The Dnieper

Autobiography/Biography: Felipe De Schaffensburgo was born in Brazil, in the southern state of Parana. Like many others from the region, he was an descendant of the Old Germanic people who immigrated to Brazil in the 19th century. His family was, with not much of a surprise, of rural origins, living in the countryside, working their farm and livestock. During his childhood, Felipe learned many skills which would be, albeit unknown to him, very useful in his later life. Working with his family in the farm, or even with the livestock, he quickly showed himself to be an smart, active child. Apart from what he would learn at the school, Felipe would always read as much as he could, rapidly turning into a book worm.
After seeing he had the potential for a better future, Felipe's Parents decided to move to an urban city, as to allow him to more easily go to an better school. They sold their small patch of land and their livestock, and to a new life they went. From there on, the life of the German-Brazilian was not too out of the ordinary. He continued to frequent school, eventually being able to get into an university, and graduating in the area he wished. He managed to get a very well-paying job, working for the many international corporations that took home in the city he lived. It seemed as if life for Felipe De Schaffensburgo would be pleasant and calm. Yet, fate had other plans for him. The gears of destiny began their work...

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To become an emperor, of course.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: None, really.
Why did you chose to land where you did?:Because Sarmatians And Scythians are Cool.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Cavalry Spam.
What are your character's motivations?: Seeing he's trapped in this world, why not become someone important as well.
Theme Song?:I will find one.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

Your skills... very ideal considering the present world yes? Ask yourself - are you an expert in all those fields? Or are you just kind of knowledgeable?

Andaacht
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaacht » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 pm

I think what we need for this is a solid agreement among players as far as a general posting rate and how far in time each post can cover. Then no one gets behind, if they do, they can post a longer post catching them up to the 'current date'.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

I just realized. Theres 3 folk in sacandinavia, allowing everyone to get ahold of 1 nation for each. You could get a serious Kalmar Union going with 1 king and 2 regents.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Had to replace coins with pieces of silver, gold, and amber. There was no coinage in 3000 b.c.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Damverland wrote:UniversalCommons, we're pretty close to each other at the moment. Think we could be buddies when we inevitably meet each other?

We can meet and decide to be friends. It would probably work because we are not hellbent on conquering everything.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Let me say this. Those who wish to skip the drama are skipping some of the biggest foundations of their characters. These first years should be the hardest our characters have ever been in and will be the defining points for us.

Skipping out, in my opinion, is taking out the beginning building blocks that will show the reader just who your character is and how their story unfolds.

But don't listen to me, I'm just an idiot.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Ralnis wrote:Let me say this. Those who wish to skip the drama are skipping some of the biggest foundations of their characters. These first years should be the hardest our characters have ever been in and will be the defining points for us.

Skipping out, in my opinion, is taking out the beginning building blocks that will show the reader just who your character is and how their story unfolds.

Thank you Rainis!
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 pm

I had to make a change in the story for consistency. Orpheus refutes Dionysius in his cult. I am sticking to the story being Dionysian. This makes the story more consistent. It is hard to be consistent in these stories. This RP reminds me that good writing requires some understanding and a bit of research.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Ralnis wrote:Let me say this. Those who wish to skip the drama are skipping some of the biggest foundations of their characters. These first years should be the hardest our characters have ever been in and will be the defining points for us.

No you're 100% right. I've spent 3 posts thus far just establishing how fucking confused and conflicted my character is. I really tried to capture the 'WTF' aspect of the situation, but if you guys could give some constructive criticism I hope Jason feels realistic thus far.
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

Gremand
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gremand » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:07 pm

I will say- I didn't mean to skip a couple months in advance, I was just working under the assumption that the page was a year at that point and wanted to make sure i got a page in before the year ticked over. I apologize for the skipping over that the stuff happened (although partially that's a story thing, as i'm playing this out as a series of monologues about the past) and a lot of my next post will be detailing the ways in which their depression absolutely messes with their head and how the delayed impact of the world they know being gone will hurt them, after they know their basic survival stuff is assured.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:

No you're 100% right. I've spent 3 posts thus far just establishing how fucking confused and conflicted my character is. I really tried to capture the 'WTF' aspect of the situation, but if you guys could give some constructive criticism I hope Jason feels realistic thus far.

Adored the post burger, but I can't help but notice... "Your body has become immune to receiving or transmuting disease - though you are still able to be killed by other unnatural means."
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Burgerlandia wrote:No you're 100% right. I've spent 3 posts thus far just establishing how fucking confused and conflicted my character is. I really tried to capture the 'WTF' aspect of the situation, but if you guys could give some constructive criticism I hope Jason feels realistic thus far.

Adored the post burger, but I can't help but notice... "Your body has become immune to receiving or transmuting disease - though you are still able to be killed by other unnatural means."

So we're ONLY immortal from diseases? I may have misinterpreted 'immortal' then ://
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

So we're ONLY immortal from diseases? I may have misinterpreted 'immortal' then ://

We can be killed, we just don't age.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse