NATION

PASSWORD

Heroic Impulse {OOC|Semi-Open|Sign-Ups}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Clan Grimrock
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Clan Grimrock » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Thanks! I'll take a second crack at the bio tonight, beef them up a little.
Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond - Motto of the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

Character App
Name: Lucine Verrninas
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Race: Demihuman
Bio: Growing up in a remote area of the Epostolis, Lucine lived alone with her mother and father. Often times, her father had to leave for long periods, gone weeks, even months at a time to carry out his job within one of the larger cities. Whatever his job was, Lucine had no idea what it was, but that it paid their bills and taxes, and that her mother would never explain. As such, the demigirl often spent a lot of time alone with her mother, who often sang to her and took her on small walks along their island. Her mother being the demihuman of her two parents, when the girl was younger, she would often take the white-haired girl into the sky, flying through the clouds to the wonder of Lucine. She often dreamt of flying the skies herself. Her mother explained the world to her, what it was like, what to be careful of, simple skills she would need for when she was older and eventually left her mother behind...and then, often, when her father did return from his job, she loved to sit up and listen to all of his stories about what the other islands were like, what the city was like, and the people he met there.

As she grew older, Lucine soon realized that she was having a bit of a development issue. Her wings never developed as her body did, and such was noticed by her mother, who voiced concern. She wanted her father to take Lucine to the city, to see a doctor, to ask about it...but he often warned of the distaste for demihumans, and feared such an act would cause unnecessary violence, and, as he worded it, could be "bad for business." Her mother argued with him about it, but Lucine often ceased to pay attention. She was too crushed by the idea that she may never have the ability to fly as she had always dreamed, and cried about it often. Her mother tried to ease her worries, telling her they would come eventually, that she needed to smile, that being sad wouldn't fix anything...and so, she listened. She often learned her optimistic traits or kindness from her mother, after all.

As the years passed, Lucine quickly grew hungry for adventure, for exploration, something her mother had always scolded her about. She feared for her daughter's safety, after all; how was she to know who was bad and who was good in such a cruel world? But Lucine, slightly stubborn as she is, argued back and yearned to her father to take her with him, to take her to explore, to see Aeris for what it was...and he only replied with opposition--but, he seemed more weak to it than her mother. Lucine threatened to run away on her own.

Months later, as her mother was teaching her to hone and practice her ice magic, her father returned with a preposition. Due to his excellent performance in his job field, he was offered an opportunity to go on an adventure to find the 7 Keys for the Epostolis--he explained that he wanted her to go instead. He told her it would be dangerous, that he wanted her to be careful, that she needed to remember the nature of such a request...but Lucine seemed to excited about the opportunity. Though her mother was angered, she knew nothing she said would stop her daughter from taking the opportunity. Lucine's father explained he'd already told his company that she was going in his place, that she needed to act collected, mature, and ready for any challenge that faced her. Lucine accepted the words carefully, readily, and on the day she left, he made sure to hand her one of his most trusted daggers, a reminder that the world could be violent and scary. From there, she set out, ready to explore the world, and take on whatever situation faced her.

She wanted to prove herself. She wanted to show she was capable. In finding the 7 Keys, she hopes she will prove herself and her abilities and be able to return home with a sense of belonging and purpose, something she'd never really had before.
Appearance:
While not really shown in the images, she also has smaller, more underdeveloped wings (about arm's width? They're small)

Magic Type: Elemental Magic, specifically water/ice
Magic Sigil/Circle and Location:

Magic Ability: At length, she can manipulate/use ice. With her skills, Lucine is able to use ice to create small barriers or light armor for herself in the event of an attack or something that could potentially cause harm. These are usually not too tough or thick, and can usually be broken through with enough force or attacks. Alongside this, Lucine also has the ability to create frost, and, depending on the force she exerts, can at lengths be enough to cause frostbite to a living being. She can also use her abilities to encase someone in ice depending on their size, though, as with her barriers and armor, they are often not too difficult to break through with enough strength. She also has a more limited ability of converting water to ice, though only in moderate amounts. The more she spreads her ability, the thinner and more easily broken the ice will be. Her abilities make her mostly resistant to cold or freezing temperatures, but as with everyone, in enough exposure she can still be harmed by it. She can't be harmed by her own ice magic. She also really has no ability to unfreeze her ice, in the event she frosts the wrong person or thing. Due to her abilities, she is much more sensitive to heat or fire.
Skills: Naturally kind and good-hearted, Lucine can also be seen as a charismatic individual; she never seems to have a problem making friends with her happy attitude. She's quite handy with cooking, and knows basic healing procedures. She's also very agile and quick-minded, making her light on her feet and quick to think in a bad or urgent situation.
Equipment: The standard stuff; she also carries a small cloth rucksack with a few personal items, one of which includes a small drawing of her parents, a loaf of likely-stale bread, and a few medicinal herbs she's collected over time. She also carries a small dagger her father gave her, in fear of conflict, though she avoids using it.
Patron Diety: Aqaris

RP Sample: Well...I would hope this isn't needed, but if it is, as always, I can provide :p
Did you read the Rules? Yep! ^^
What about number 3?

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Lucine is a very kind, honest, and curious individual. She finds it best to believe in the best in people, and often has a problem with trusting people too honestly and fully too soon. She can often be perceived as naive and childish, though in actuality, she is often smarter and more collected than she may seem. Her underexposure to people and/or situations makes her very displaced with social standards or situations. And, of course, more of her personality will be explored and explained in the IC, don't worry! :P
Likes: Any sweet food of any kind, comfort foods, winter/the cold, spring, seeing people happy, making friends, learning about other people's habits/cultures, helping others
Dislikes: Warm weather, summer, slimy or soggy foods, anything bitter, bees and spiders alike, hurting people's feelings, making someone upset, violence, seeing people be mean to others, crying

Alignment: Chaotic Good/Neutral Good
Theme Song: Grimes- Oblivion
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 am

Castle Crashers wrote:Character App

Good to see you in one of my RPs again. Accepted.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:Character App

Good to see you in one of my RPs again. Accepted.

Of course, glad to be back! ^^
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:48 am

Character App
Name: Illya Smyrnov
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, probably.
Race:Human
Bio: Darkness. His world had been engulfed by it from the moment he was born. His parents were peasants, barely living from one day to the other, so as soon as they realized that he was blind, his fate should have been to be abandoned in a forest somewhere.. the effort to take care of a broken child like that would have maybe been too much. But for some reason or another, they didn't do that. For some reason, he was allowed to live, but life was cruel and miserable. Rusnus is a harsh and unforgiving place. While he was still little, his mother managed to give birth to another child, a girl, but she died because of it, leaving their father to take care of them both, so Illya had to learn how to take care of himself from an early age. How to move around in this dark world, how to listen to what was happening around him, how to recognize things by touch. Their father had to work hard, and even if some of the other villagers helped them from time to time, he was forced to try to help his father as much as possible, doing whatever he could do around the house, feeding the animals, or working in the fields. But perhaps, most importantly, he had to take care of his little sister - his father tended to avoid her, as she reminded him too much of their mother's death. Life was not easy.. but they lived on. Until one day, screams filled the air. Blood, fire and ash, as their village had found itself in the path of an Orcish Horde. The Rusni troops that reached the village next day found a group of dead bodies, Orcish stragglers, burnt to a crisp, surrounding a half-dead white haired boy. It soon became obvious that the boy had a magical sigil carved into his left wrist, and that the magic that killed those few Orcs had been his. So the soldiers and mages took him away from the ravaged and empty village, and once the horde was pushed back, one of the mages, who had particularly been impressed by the boy's potential, took him back to Mosvak, so that he could learn magic in one of the academies there. Normally, teaching a traumatized and blind child magic would have been a pretty bad idea, but Illya himself seemed to want to learn magic so that he could kill more Orcs and avenge his family, and it wasn't like the Rusni were going to say no to a potentially powerful mage. So he learned, and learned, and learned, focusing his entire life on mastering as much magic as he could, on developing his skills and trying to get his hands on anything and everything related to magic. It was difficult, of course, as he couldn't see his magic in action and he couldn't even read anything, but the burning hate inside of him gave him the determination to get through it. He never really had much friends, but stories about how he was found earned him a certain amount of respect, even if he was just a peasant's son, as did his skills, so the few friends that he did make did try to help him however they could. And his perseverance and talent helped him achieve his dream - he "graduated" from the academy as soon as he could fight, he became a mage in the army, and got sent out there in time to take part in the fight against a raid of a smaller Orcish Horde. But what happened there, on the freezing fields, changed him. He never told anyone else what happened, but when he returned to Mosvak, he was a different person, the fire of his hate extinguished. He resigned from the army, claiming that he wanted to continue his studies, and thinking that there was more potential left inside of him, he was allowed to do that, but instead of returning to the academy, Illya spent his days looking through Mosvak's old library, before he suddenly disappeared one day. And when he returned, he had somehow entered a contract with Kyaris, the goddess of knowledge, innovation, truth, and justice. Claiming that his life was now dedicated to the pursuit of truth and justice, Illya refused to join the army again - which could have ended very badly, but the Empire wanted to send someone in the team that the Epostolis was gathering for a quest, for searching for the 7 Keys. And this is where his adventure begins.

Magic Type: Theurgy, and Elemental Magic (Fire)

Magic Ability: Illya has a contract with Kyaris, the Goddess of Knowledge, Innovation, Truth, and Justice, which gives him a lot of interesting powers, in exchange for him worshiping her, pledging his soul to her and other fun stuff. The main way in which he is using her powers is to "see" mana and magic. Magic energy exists in all living things, and can also be found drifting in the air, waters, ground and other elements. So while he can't properly see anything, he can sense this magical energy in order to "see" around him, being able to tell the difference between people and things based on the color and density of this energy. His contract with Kyaris also allows him to destabilize the magic of others,to use some pretty advanced lie and illusion detection magic due to Truth being an attribute of his goddess, and it also gives him a certain level of retrocognition - he can channel magic into an object or a location to know what happened there to a certain degree. Besides from his Theurgy related powers, Illya can also use Elemental Magic, centered around fire, mainly in offensive ways due to the element's volatility.
Skills: Well, his other senses have been heightened by his blindness and by him having to use them to survive, so he is better than a normal human at hearing, touching, tasting, and smelling, and he knows how to do a lot of things even without seeing, from moving around, to cooking and fighting. He knows how to survive, together with others or by himself, all that he has learned in his rough life as a peasant, especially in especially cold temperatures. He knows how to fight, having used his magic in actual combat, even if his experience might not be comparable with others, and while it's not necessarily a specially of his, he can deal with a lot of physical effort if necessary. He is not exactly the best when it comes to interacting with others, but he knows a thing or two about lying and lies. He also knows a lot of things, from magic and the theory of magic to history, geography, and the weirdest of things, and he has an excellent memory.
Equipment: Well, his clothes, including a white robe made from a special material that can be worn in most weather conditions, and which has a lot of nice hidden pockets for fun stuff like little knives, or small firecrackers that can be used to distract people. He also has a small satchel filled with books even if he can't actually read them. His main weapon is actually a light spear with a metallic shaft that can resist pretty high temperatures without melting, and that he also uses as a staff of sorts, for support and moving around.
Patron Diety: Kyaris

RP Sample: Can you even truly know someone?
Did you read the Rules? Я не говорю по английски
What about number 3? 404 Not Found

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Well, it's pretty difficult to summarize. Illya is a pretty kind person, always wanting to help and to protect others, especially the innocent and the ones that he could consider to be his friends, and deep inside, he hates violence, unless it is done for a good cause. He hates lying, and he really values the truth, but he can be convinced to lie or to manipulate others if he thinks that it is done for a good cause. His old sense of vengeance was replaced with a very strong sense of justice and honor, that sometimes clashes with his earlier mentality as a Rusni, the idea that he has to survive at any cost. He has a certain inferiority complex due to his blindness, and he hates how weak and helpless he was when he was little, so he tries to compensate for it with his magic, always trying to make it look like he is strong, and he also absolutely hates people who would pity him for it. He is normally pretty calm, and very difficult to actually anger, but despite his best efforts, it can still be pretty difficult for him to control his wrath if he actually gets angry. He also doesn't have a lot of experience in interacting with other people, so he can be a little shy and perhaps a bit anxious about the simplest of things, worrying about what people think of him, and he can sometimes be pretty quiet and isolated. He can also get very excited when it comes to learning new things, and he is more than willing to take a couple risks if he could learn something new from it.
Likes: Fire, warmth, sweets, summer, books or more specifically, having others read books for him, learning more things, magic, knowledge, the truth, helping others
Dislikes: His home country, winter, the cold, Orcs, anything that would remind him of his childhood, lies, ignorance, and most things that are made more difficult by his lack of sight.

Alignment: I'm not sure to be honest, I've always found these to be kinda limiting. Somewhere between Lawful and Neutral Good, but he did lean towards evil in the past during his revenge phase, and I'd rather see how his personality will develop before choosing something.
Theme Song: I'm bad at choosing songs, so probably not
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Character App
Name: Illya Smyrnov

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm

I probably shouldn't with how many other rps I have, but damn it, I really want to! Just spent the last month rereading all of Dungeon Meshi again, so expect some idiot based off of that.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:54 pm

Granis wrote:I probably shouldn't with how many other rps I have, but damn it, I really want to! Just spent the last month rereading all of Dungeon Meshi again, so expect some idiot based off of that.

So... where is it?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Character App
Name: Jackie Dredson
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Race: Human
Bio: Jackie was always a quick young lad. He'd had to been, growing up in the frontier, on his families little farm.

It'd been an idyllic little life, with his father, mother, and two older sisters. Perfection, almost. But perfection cannot last forever, no siree. All good things must end. And when the past caught up to Jackie's father, his end came for him.

You see, Jackie was a somewhat... stolen, babe. His parents, unable to conceive a male, had simply taken one. Straight from the maternity ward, to be raised as their own. A perfect son. But they picked a particularly rich family to pilfer from, rich indeed. They'd tracked down Jackie's little family, and they were indeed angry. So they burned down Jackie's family homestead, after searching for him for hours. He'd been in the woods, hunting. And when he got home, the only thing left standing was his father, almost spectral in appearance, surrounded by bodies, two revolvers in hand. Jackie's father had two last things to do before he could pass. The first, was shove his guns in his shocked sons hands. The second, was to pass some advice.

"Raise some hell, me boy."

And with that he died, in his sons arms and a bleak smile on his face.

But Jackie couldn't quite live up to his father's last wish. No, Jackie was too soft for that. In the badlands and frontiers of Aeria, Jackie became somewhat of a hero, chasing down outlaws until finally he ended up in the big city chasing down a particularly tricky murderer. When he caught him, Jackie decided to take a break from his law bringing career. But when the Epostoli heard of such a skilled gunslinger? Well, they just couldn't pass him up.
Appearance:

Magic Type: Abjuration

Located on necklace
Magic Ability: Jackie is skilled in healing, being able to fix a broken bone or major cut in roughly 30 seconds. He's also decently skilled at making barriers, but he's less skilled in this regard.
Skills: -Expert gunslinger
-Proficient bar brawler
Equipment: -Twin revolvers
-Kukri
Patron Diety: Kanta

RP Sample: Ah you know me
Did you read the Rules? Yup
What about number 3? Yes I definitely read that rule that exists

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Jack floats from thing to thing, place to place, idea to idea, like dust in the wind. This is reflected in his speech, which has a tendency to wander if he lets it, and he often does when distracted
Dislikes: Stagnation, loneliness

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Theme Song: https://youtu.be/3vDetD8cW_o
Last edited by Lessoni on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Pebis

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 am

Ok, here's the first one up, after only a short two week process! I'll get the app for Kat up soon, if school allows me any rest again...

Character App
Name:
Ffamran Gal Tova

Sex:
Male

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Race:
Human

Bio:
Ffamran was the son of an ex-mercenary, who had settled down and started a family on a small farm towards out on the frontier of Rusnus. During his early years, life was simple. He spent most of his time working on the farm, but his father also made sure he spent plenty of time training himself for combat, so he could be ready to face the risks of life on the frontier such as bandits and monsters. And indeed, this proved to be necessary, as there were more than a few incidents where monsters did approach the farm to try and take a shot at their livestock. It was only through the combined efforts of him, his father, and his sister Katra that they were able to get through in some of the larger scale attacks.

However, this had the rather concerning side effect of fostering an interest in the monsters and their ecology, which filled much of his teenage years. By the time he was fifteen, Ffamran could be considered something of an amateur naturalist, often sneaking off the property with his Katra to observe monsters in the wild. He knew how to act around them, and how to defend himself if things went south, and he honestly considered looking into it as an official career. Unfortunately, it was one of these little expeditions that would come to force him out of his nest.

Shortly after he turned eighteen, he and Katra had left to observe an old, solitary catoblepas, which had made it's home in the forest to the west of the farm. They had observed it enough times that the creature had started to lower it's guard around them, and they were excited at the prospect of observing the creature from a little closer up. However, when they made it to the cave the catoblepas usually rested in, they only found it's corpse, which had clearly been fed on by something large. After some inspection of the site, they found that signs that whatever had killed it had traveled east, and decided to see what it was. True, they were kind of interested in figuring out just what it was, but they were also worried about their parents, wondering if the creature might have made it's way to the farmhouse, and they had just somehow missed it. As it turned out, they were correct, and they emerged from the forest to see their father locked in a losing battle with a giant wolf-like creature, which they quickly identified as an Amarok. Without wasting any time, the pair ran in to help their father, making it just in time to force the creature to loosen it's grip on their fathers leg, having gotten a chance to catch it in it's teeth and biting down hard.

After a long, drawn out battle, both sides were left at the ends of their rope. Ffamran had pushed his augmentation to it's limits and had to leave it behind long ago, and Katra had released her spirits after they had suffered their own injuries, not wanting them to get hurt, although she still had a little augmentation left in her. This was before their injuries, which left the pair bloodied, and Ffamran without his right eye. On the Amarok's side, it had lost it's own left eye courtesy of Katra's spear, along with burnt fur from her fire spirit Ifri, and a number of fractured bones in it's front legs and ribs from Ffamran's attacks. The siblings knew that they wouldn't be able to last much longer, and were desperately looking for a way to end the fight quickly. However, no matter how they looked, they just couldn't find anything.

Thankfully, it seemed that the gods had taken mercy on them, as the Amarok apparently also decided that the fight wasn't worth continuing, and limped back into the forest. While this was definitely a better result than the fight continuing however, it was sadly far from the best outcome. The battle had left much of the farm in ruins, and their fathers leg was clearly beyond healing. They had little choice but to gather what they could, sell the surviving livestock, and abandon the farm to nature.

Their parents, not being able to support themselves on the frontier now that their father was crippled, eventually left Rusnus and secured a small home in one of the cities of The Epostolis. Meanwhile, Ffamran and Katra decided they could better help support them by becoming putting their combat skills to work as mercenaries as their father once had, sending the money they made back to their parents. Before long, they managed to find themselves in falling into the niche of monster hunting, using their knowledge to ward off or kill monsters that were causing problems for smaller settlements. They still continued to study monsters even while not hunting them, of course, but they knew that at the moment, their best option was to use their martial abilities in conjunction with their research, and help people while doing it.

So perhaps it was natural that, when they learnt of an extremely well paying expedition that would most likely take them to strange, new places with interesting, no doubt delicious new native monsters, they didn't even really consider the option of letting it pass by!

Appearance:

Magic Type:
Augmentation

On the back of his left hand

Magic Ability:
Ffamrans augmentation magic takes most of the more common forms. He gains a significant boost to his strength and speed, making him an extremely dangerous foe at close range. While using it at it's full power, his punches are strong enough to crack stone and dent some flimsier metals, and he can move at about forty kilometers per hour if he really pushes it. His grip strength is also something to be reckoned with, and he is known to be able to take down animals as large as a rhino with a grapple assuming he can use their momentum against them. He can lift things at least twice his weight without breaking his back, but anything heavier than that is a no go. He can also choose to specifically channel the augmentation magic into certain areas of his body at a time, which lets him last maybe five minutes longer than if he spread it all across his body, but leaves the other body parts at his normal level. The power is also hard to redirect without proper focus, so he can't quite use it very well in a fight yet. He's working on it though.

However, this comes with a few drawbacks. The first and most important is that he can't do it for very long, only lasting about twenty minutes at a time at full power, maybe twenty-five if he's willing to risk muscular and cardiovascular injuries. After that, he needs to take it easy for a while, and eat a lot to make up for all the energy it burns or else suffer from possible starvation.

Skills:
He's quite skilled with his club.
He has a vast range of knowledge on the subject of monsters and other similar animals.
He knows his way around a farm, not that it comes up much anymore.
As a consequence of his constant ravenous hunger, he has become a fairly competent cook.
He's a surprisingly good artist, but only when he's sketching animals. Anything else comes off as some kind of amorphous blob.

Equipment:
A steel club
A set of mangy, constantly re-repaired robes from back home
His journal, filled with drawings and scribbled notes on monsters that might look like some strange code, but are actually just the result of really bad handwriting.

Patron Diety:
Cimus

RP Sample:
Hoping we're still good enough pals that I don't need this!

Did you read the Rules?
I most certainly did

What about number 3?
Oh boy, if I had to pick a rule that was the most interesting, I'd say it has to be that one!

Optional Stuff:
Personality:
Ffamran is, to put it briefly, a loud, cheerful idiot. He loves to spend time with people, even if they don't particularly enjoy his presence much in return, and will actively try to cheer people up if he thinks they seem down. However, that's not to say he can't appreciate the appreciate the odd quiet moment or two, and can appreciate when someone wants to just sit back and relax for a little bit. Hell, even he can suppress his own loud nature while observing monsters he isn't hunting!

Despite enjoying the act of fighting quite a bit, he is surprisingly slow to anger, and generally doesn't look for a fight, despite how his annoying nature might sometimes make it seem...

Eating
Cooking
Gardening
Observing and studying monsters in their natural habitats

Dislikes:
People who go out of their way to antagonize other people
People who waste food
The fact that Katra knows summoning magic while he just cannot get the hang of it!

Alignment:
I'd say I don't want to restrict myself with alignments, but it's pretty obvious that both he and Kat are chaotic good from what I've written.

Theme Song:
This is how we rock - Spyair
Last edited by Granis on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:02 am

Aaand here's Kat, but it's technically a WIP because not doing the bio tonight means I can maybe salvage a few hours of sleep tonight instead of trying and failing to make a full one for a few hours, before eventually just giving up and saying "Look at Ffamran's and there you go". I'll work on it once I've failed my upcoming assessment, and have some free time again.

Character App
Name:
Katra Gal Tova

Sex:
Female

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Race:
Human

Bio:
Work in progress, but pretty much the same as Ffamran for the most part.

Appearance:
ImageImage

Magic Type:
Augmentation and Conjuration

On the back of her right hand

Magic Ability:
Like Ffamran, Katra can increase her strength and agility to a certain degree. It isn't quite to the same level as Ffamrans however. At most, her punches or kicks could crack certain particularly hard pieces of wood, which is more than strong enough against bare flesh and small bones, but armour or thick scales pose a problem. She can lift up to her own weight with moderate effort, and can throw it if she pours all her effort into it. However, she has a far easier time directing her magic into individual limbs, and she can augment her body for up to thirty minutes before it risks internal damage.

As for conjuration, Katra has contracts with three beings, although she is currently searching for a fourth. These beings are Ifri, a floating humanoid seemingly made entirely of fire who uses flame-based attacks as her ranged attacker, Kong, a spirit taking the form similar to a giant gibbon with a staff of his own who serves as an additional melee attacker, and carbuncle, a strange spirit resembling a floating ruby that attempts to intercept magic attacks and nullify them.

Unfortunately, she can only summon one spirit at a time, and so has to figure out which one would be the most useful for whatever situation is currently taking place.

Skills:
She is talented with a polearm
She has a wide and varied range of knowledge when it comes to monsters
She is a pretty good farmer
She's is a fairly competent tinkerer, having a decent understanding of simple machinery and weapon alteration.

Equipment:
Her spear, which can also be taken apart to become a steel staff and a dagger should the situation call for it.
Her notes, which are a lot neater than Ffamran's, but the sketches aren't quite as good.

Patron Diety:
Cimus

RP Sample:
Again, bestest best friends need no words to understand each other...

Or to understand how good we are at rping.

Did you read the Rules?
Yep

What about number 3?
Sure did, "Though shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain."

Optional Stuff:
Personality:
Kat is a little less excitable than Ffamran, taking a little more time to take everything in, and more often than not trying to stop any fights he accidentally stumbles in to. However, say the right things to get her excited, and she'll start shouting right alongside him about how cool monsters are. She is also far quicker to anger than her brother, something that she will make very clear very loudly, and quite possibly very physically, if you manage to piss her off. She does love her fights just as much, if not more than him after all...

However, give her some time to slow down and she'll gladly take it, enjoying her quiet moments when she can get some rest. If she can, she prefers to be high up when she does it, and often climbed onto the roof of their farm house back in the day to watch the stars.

Climbing and high places
Cloud watching
Stargazing
Just... Just a little bit of peace and quiet

Dislikes:
Bullies
Wasteful people
People who don't appreciate the natural world
How annoying Ffamran gets when he feels jealous of her conjuration magic

Alignment:
Chaotic good again, maybe leaning a little more towards neutral good
Theme Song:
I wanna be - Spyair
Last edited by Granis on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:51 am

Character App
Name: Eler Yke
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Dryad
Bio:

-- Early Life --

Born 1000 years ago in a Dryad society, he was expected to be just like the other Dryads but his mind was different, he wanted to ask questions about other races, reaching the age 640 the questions escalated into thoughts and thoughts into full statements, eventually, he grew to dislike other Dryads and their world view. When he reached the age of 730 he decided to speak up, other Dryads view him as crazy and decided to get rid of him, they left him alone in the smallest airship, he drifted onto another island and abandoned the ship to begin the life of a forest dweller

-- Castaway --

He spent years, thousands of them hiding in the forest of the island he drifted upon, he lived through using his Green Magic he learned back on his home island to grow himself vegetables and hunt animals with some of the things he found on the ship, the other Dryads probably forgot about them. It's just like his life went up until the point when a ship came to his island, he strolled out of the Forest and told everything to the humans on board, the humans took him n the ship and brought him to The Epostolis, he needed some kind of job there, and tried searching in local market places and taverns to eventually learn of some kind of quest, he hoped they paid well, and if not, they at least paid

Appearance:
Just with leave hair and all Dryad stuff and without the armor

Magic Type: Green Magic
I couldn't get it to work so the link is here https://images.app.goo.gl/4k4HupvbWj3A3kPM8
It is on his chest

Magic Ability:

-- One With Fauna --

Eler is able to form a mental link with animals that are willing to listen, if they are willing to listen he can talk to them or direct them to do something if they are not willing to listen on the other hand he can either persuade them to listen or break the link

-- Faster Growth --

Eler can accelerate the growth rate of plants without needing sunlight or water to do it granting him an almost infinite supply of fruits and vegetables if he finds such plants

Skills:
Hunter
Tracker
Bowmanship
Equipment:
Everything you see in picture plus bow and quiver full of arrows
Patron Deity: Ozthar

RP Sample: please go to the Heroes of Tomorrow Redux IC
Did you read the Rules? Yes
What about number 3? I couldn't see it anywhere, did you

Optional Stuff:
Personality: A man, Dryad for this case, of few words, he is usually stoic in nature
Dislikes: Dryads

Alignment: True Neutral
Theme Song: Natural - Imagine Dragons... I guess
Last edited by Endem on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 am

Granis wrote:Character App
Name:
Ffamran Gal Tova

I would like a limit to how strong he can get, and how fast he can move at his max.

Name:
Katra Gal Tova

Again, need limits to the boost in physical attributes.

Endem wrote:Character App
Patron Deity: N/A

Going to need a Patron
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am

Endem wrote:Character App

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Name:
Ffamran Gal Tova

I would like a limit to how strong he can get, and how fast he can move at his max.

Name:
Katra Gal Tova

Alright, I've edited in a few more specific limits for their augmentations. Hopefully it's not too much, but let me know if it is and I'll take another look at it.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Granis wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Alright, I've edited in a few more specific limits for their augmentations. Hopefully it's not too much, but let me know if it is and I'll take another look at it.

It is too much. Take it down a few notches
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:32 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Granis wrote:

It is too much. Take it down a few notches

Sorry for not responding sooner, got buried again. I'll try to have a fixed up version tomorrow night.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 am

Alright, I can probably edit it again if you want me too, but hopefully this is good enough not to need it.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:42 am

Granis wrote:Alright, I can probably edit it again if you want me too, but hopefully this is good enough not to need it.

They are acceptable now
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 am

Lessoni wrote:Character App
Name: Jackie Dredson

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

True Refuge
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby True Refuge » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:27 am

Wow, that is quite a bit of lore to go through. I’ve got to applaud Faal for writing however many universes it’s been throughout the last few years. Nice :)

I’ll set about writing an app when I’ve gotten through the required reading.
COMMUNIST
"If we have food, he will eat. If we have air, he will breathe. If we have fuel, he will fly." - Becky Chambers, Record of a Spaceborn Few
"One does not need to be surprised then, when 26 years later the outrageous slogan is repeated, which we Marxists burned all bridges with: to “pick up” the banner of the bourgeoisie. - International Communist Party, Dialogue with Stalin.

ML, anarchism, co-operativism (known incorrectly as "Market Socialism"), Proudhonism, radical liberalism, utopianism, social democracy, national capitalism, Maoism, etc. are not communist tendencies. Read a book already.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 am

True Refuge wrote:Wow, that is quite a bit of lore to go through. I’ve got to applaud Faal for writing however many universes it’s been throughout the last few years. Nice :)

I’ll set about writing an app when I’ve gotten through the required reading.

Well, I world build for the heck of it sometimes
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse