NATION

PASSWORD

From the Ashes - 2100 - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 am

Expand into southern honshu both times
NEWS HEADLINES:

Military reform has shrunk in intensity

More economic ideals are being embraced

A new effort called Heart has commenced
Art colleges
Medical Schools
Philosophy Colleges
Music Schools
Writing studies
are being built with foreign people arriving to see it

Military reform is present with an amazing army with new tech salvaged in Tokyo
New radio stations are being built in Tokyo, 55%

Priests have started Project, STARLIGHT, 18%

Kyoto dock becoming larger by the day, finally riveting other ports, more in size than production

We are now attempting to remove most toxic waste from Japan, with population centers being the new focus.

Recent reform in the government, allowing all religions to enter Japan, but other churches, are banned still.

Higher amounts of trade with rome has made some interests in developing a larger merchant navy

Some democratic ideals has formed with a parliament being built
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Publectia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 am

News:
Justinian found dead in his bedroom!
Was Justinian killed?
What happened to Justinian?
Empire has expanded to Italy!
Justinian's son to be the new emperor?
Who will be the new emperor?
Is the emperor title hereditary?
The empire has been left in a state of confusion
Troops called off after Justinian's death
Is a new civil war coming?

The Roman Civil War:

Justinian was dead. People had gathered to the streets of Constantinople to mourn him. A ruler, that brought them together in a time of need. A ruler, that had kept the empire stabile. A ruler, that had made the empire great. A ruler, that had maintained peace. Now, it was all shattered into a thousand pieces.

"I'm the only rightful successor to Justinian! I'm his son! He always wanted me to rule after him!" Justinian's son, Pompey said.
"He has never set the title to be hereditary. The successor has to be chosen by the Senate. And we have no records of him saying that he wanted you to be the emperor." Another man, who called himself Caesar said.
"He always wanted his generals to rule the country a few decades after his death, as we can crush the enemies that might attack us when they realise we're weak!" A consul named Belasarius said.
"Justinian wanted his people to elect their own leaders, and not give absolute power to them doing that. He wanted us to be a republic!" The head of Senate, Octavinus, argued.
"You're all wrong. He wanted the country to be ruled by the army, as you could see by his military reforms and his overall attitude to military." The other consul, Fabius argued.
The arguing continued. In the evening, they left the Hagia Sophia. Pompey headed to Athens, while Caesar headed to Izmir. Belasarius went to the other side of Bosphorus. Octavinus remained in Constantinople, and Fabius headed for the East, into Ankara.

A few days had passed. The country was in a crisis. The Senate ruled the empire de facto, while everyone was claiming the throne of emperor. The Senate had also passed an act for mobilization. At the same time, all the others, who claimed the throne, were gathering support and troops.

It was Justinian's funeral. Many people were there. Though, only nobles were allowed into Hagia Sophia. There were a lot of people outside of Hagia Sophia, mainly those who weren't allowed in. Then, music started playing. The ceremony in the Hagia Sophia had just finished. From the entrance, Octavinus came out. After him, three men. Then, six men carrying the coffin that Justinian was lying in. The coffin had a golden bottom, with sides and the top made of glass. Justinian was buried. They then sang the anthem of Rome.

2 days later, the Octavinus showed up on the balcony of Hagia Sophia and declared: "Today, the Senate has passed the "Senatorial and Government Reform Act". We now want you, the people of the empire, to obey this act."
Octavinus had said that this act established a republic, but in reality, the Senate declaring martial law would've had the same effect. The act did keep elections, but only the Senate could say when they are, unless 20 years have passed.

When Belasarius heard of this, he wasn't happy. The same was true for Fabius. It was also true for Pompey and Caesar. But Belasarius was the one that took it...very badly. He marched a part of his gathered army right over the bridge that connected Asia and Europe. He went right for the Hagia Sophia. The defenders encountered them, and fought them. This was known as "The Battle of Constantinople", which officially started the civil war.

(I'm going OOC here. Here is a short description of each side:
Pompey: Justinian's son, believes in the same ideology as Justinian, but is more benevolent. He is also the Commander of the Navy, as Athens joined on his side in the war, and Athens hosts the Mediterranean Fleet.
Octavinus: A man that believes in a system, where people vote for a Senate, but the Senate has absolute power over the people. The Senate supports him. Although Constantinople officially has his support, many people do not want him as a ruler.
Belasarius: Said to be the best general in Rome. He believes in a system, where the emperor is equal to his generals. Has a lot of supporters, and a large land army, but no navy.
Fabius: Believes in a system of stratocracy. Has the military's support, and has the most professional soldiers.
Caesar: Believes in a system, where the Senate and the Emperor co-exist, though the Emperor is chosen after another dies. He doesn't have a large army, but his strategies are good.)

A map of the civil war in its current state:

Image - Possibly affected areas
Image - Octavinus
Image - Undecided/neutral
Image - Fabius
Image - Pompey
Image - Belasarius
Image - Caesar
Last edited by Publectia on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Iron Tsardom
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Iron Tsardom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:35 pm

A Red Dawn
As the Tsar turns his attention west into Ukraine, word reaches him of a civil war, one that burns through Rome, culling thousands. For now, there will be no intervention, but if a player looks promising enough, then perhaps the armies of the Tsardom will back a clement, only time will tell...

Samnordisk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Samnordisk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Claim: Another two provinces in Sweden please, southwards to Stockholm.

News Headlines:

Stockholm connected to other mainland parts of the reconquered Nordiskan Empire territory.
Emperor Philip Gustav opens new hospital in Helsinki for cancer and other radioactive related sicknesses.
Bridge between Copenhagen and Sweden restored.

Asquran
Attaché

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquran » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:20 pm

The counties that I'm claiming : Image

More expanding in the Philippines. The g

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Claims: (the darker blue color)

Another season has passed, another expedition sent out, President Samuel Lumumba thought. This was now routine rather than an exception, and the people were now used to having an expedition sent out during the start of each season. The aim of the expedition this time is to fully annex the remaining territories of the former Republic of the Congo, bringing the entire country under the Republic of Kinshasa. Thanks to valuable experience gained during the first few expeditions, the operation this time went smoothly and efficiently, as lessons learned during the past expeditions were applied.

With this, more territories were annexed for the benefit of the Republic. Access to the Congo's rich assortment of resources (or what was left of them anyway) was expected to bring benefits to the small country's economy. Reconstruction projects, which by far had proceeded smoothly, can now benefit from these newly gained resources.

However, there was a different concern bothering him today. Rumors were spreading that there were other civilizations in Africa, based on the testimonies of former raiders who attested that there were other countries operating in Africa, and not just those of African nationalities. Particularly, it was said that there were ethnic Asians somewhere to the east of Africa, while another raider has stated that a European power was operating on what was formerly Egyptian territory.

If this was true, then it meant that civilization had largely survived, and it might be beneficial to contact them. However, some of President Samuel's advisers had told him to forget about it, as these civilizations might not necessarily be open to peace. After discussions with his advisers, he finally decided to contact this Asian civilization at Djibouti, their supposed location. To this end, he ordered the formation of a large expeditionary force, and sent them east to find out more about these rumors. Was it true or not? He expected to find out soon.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Letderan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 am

Royal Crown Network - 14

Australian Expansion!
“Good morning people of Letderan! Today, we are reporting on further expansion in the Australian region as the armed forces have captured a sliver of land on the north-east coast. The naval forces of Letderan have also surrounded the island of Tasmania, blockading what little civilized life that refused peaceful annexation and bombarding them with the mighty imperial guns! The armed forces afterwards then marched onto the beaches and took the island, raising the black jack proudly above it!”

Dominion of Australia!
“Speaking of Australia! We bring you all great news, and would like to announce that upon this very day… Her majesty the queen has gone to Australia, and proudly made a speech in which she announced that Australia shall be granted dominionship! The event was recorded live, with hundreds of thousands watching and reports say that throughout the streets of Australia many have been celebrating!

This glorious moment shall go down in history within Letderan, and will be remembered for many years to come! Sadly though, a redo referendum for whether a parliament should be established will not be held…. However, Australia will be able to participate in any future referendums and voting events in the future!”

Parliament Campaigning Begins!
“Even though voting for who will take seats in Parliament is nowhere near soon whatsoever, campaigning has already began and the competition appears to be ferocious!

The Monarchist party has already elected a representative for their party, this representative being none other than her majesty’s daughter Alice Windsor herself! Although young, she is optimistic and campaigns strongly in behalf of her mother. Whilst she hasn’t said anything about policies or plans for the future, she has made wild claims about how Letderan will continue its victorious march into the future as long as the monarch remains in power!

The Conservative party is currently still picking who will be their representative, however it’s clear that either Edward Waters or Peter Darwin will take over. The two are similar in policy, saying that the military should continue expansion and that Letderan should continue to have no form of welfare. However, where the two differ is the strategy in which Letderan should expand, and how the empire should consolidate itself. Waters claiming that they needed to set up as many colonies across claimed Letderan land as possible, slowly expanding each and every one to keep others from stealing land that rightfully belongs to the crown. Darwin however, saids that Letderan should focus on taking the great landmass of Australia first and then expand into India later.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Party has also yet to pick a representative and seems to be in a state of chaos as nobody has yet to step up to take the position and many believe that the Liberal Party is unlikely to gain any seats in parliament. Due to the extreme right wing values Letderan holds, along with the fact that the only large grouping of people who define themselves with the party are those amongst Malaysia.

However, unlike the Conservatives and Liberals… The Nationalists Party has elected a representative! His name being William Dudley, a fine choice for the party and is incredibly patriotic for the country and the crown, he claims that he wishes to better the average life of those in Letderan and increase the size of the army. However… many can’t help but feel uncomfortable by his extreme stance on non-christian religion, he’s claimed time and time again that it is Letderan’s “God Given Duty” to expand the faith of the lord and remove all others who dare forsake his name. He appears to be especially hostile to Hinduism and Islam, going as far as to say that one of the reasons Letderan’s ancestor fell was because they allowed those they subjugated to practice this… “Heinous Faith”. Although, while his extreme values put some people off…. they appear to attract others to the banner of the Nationalists.

Letderan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:03 am

Royal Crown Network - EMERGENCY BROADCAST

Roman Civil War!
“Breaking News Letderan! A shocking development has been recently delivered to the station today, as news of a civil war amongst the Roman Empire has surfaced. Reports say that in total, there are six different sides all attempting to take control of the entire state. The sides vary in the amount of land they hold, along with that of strength in the army and navy. Whilst it is unknown how the civil war shall go or when it will end, officials say that it is guaranteed to be very bloody and will plunge the Romans in a position of absolute anarchy.

Furthermore, all Roman soldiers have been requested to remove themselves from the Suez until further notice, due to this a large garrison of soldiers is being shipped to the canal in order to defend it. Along with this, the government has ordered heavy mobilization along with the manufacturing of weapons being doubled, and the Crown has sent out a fleet of ships towards the Suez in order to further guarantee its safety!

Along the way, Letderan has stopped by the Roman Maldives and has conducted a… peaceful occupation of the land until the civil war comes to an end, as far as we know, no bloodshed has been made and the residents have been given aid. Ships and soldiers being stationed to protect the whole of the Maldives until further notice, it’s unknown if the Crown will guarantee the immediate return of the territory to the Roman Empire upon the ending of the civil war…..

So far, the Crown has yet to announce any allegiance to any of the sides fighting. But is actively encouraging peace be made and have the conflict be brought to a swift, and decisive end.

Samnordisk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Samnordisk » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:38 am

Claim: It's been a little while since the last update, so I've piled all my claims in one post. Red is today, green is from the past three days. Hope this makes it easier for you NTO, I appreciate it.

News Headlines:

Strengthening of the Nord-Russo border. "This is because we do not and will never trust the backstabbing Russians! Yes, we feared a possible attack from the back. The key word being feared, we no longer have to now." said Emperor Philip during his speech to the people.
Ships in the Denmark Strait have noticed weird activity around the US.
Possible plans to take back the backyard of the Empire. The rebellion in Greenland from so long ago cost us the lands, but will be taken back soon enough.
Government draws up possible colonies for the empire to take over in the future. Countries/Areas mentioned in these drafts are: Macau, Thailand, Nigeria, Morocco, Tanzania and (is)lands in the Caribbean.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 am

expand into southern Honshu both times, if there is no more, do anywhere in Honshu, also, NTO, you forgot the Ryukyu island i asked a while ago.
NEWS HEADLINES:

Romen Abuse to the Shintoists: in eastern Anatolia, a war lord in the romen civil war has been pushing are churches to a point of sacrilege. What the goverment is going to do is needed to wait

Art colleges
Medical Schools
Philosophy Colleges
Music Schools
Writing studies

New radio stations are being built in Tokyo, 70%

Priests have started Project, STARLIGHT, 25%

Kyoto dock becoming larger by the day, finally rivaling other ports, more in size than production

We are now attempting to remove most toxic waste from Japan, with population centers being the new focus.

Recent reform in the government, allowing all religions to enter Japan, but other churches, are banned still.

Higher amounts of trade with rome has made some interests in developing a larger merchant navy

Three parties has been formed.

SNP: Sercian Nationalist party, 18%

SSP: Sercian Shinto Party,40%

DFSP: Democracy for Sercia Party, 24%

The rest are neutral
Last edited by Hystaria on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:04 am

ImageImage

(I'll show one news headline per side in the civil war.)

News:
The Republic (Octavianus):
Belasarius's forces repelled!
The Great Consulate (Belasarius):
"It was just the beginning!" Belasarius says
New Rome (Caesar):
A possible alliance with Pompey?
Roman Empire (Pompey):
Expansion in Greece undertaken
Legion of Rome (Fabius):
A victory in Yalvaç!

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:48 am

The Roman Civil War!

Battle of Constantinople

Belasarius attacked Constantinople with 1,100 troops. To defend the city, Octavius's 2,500 best troops stood against them. Belasarius suffered 550 casualties, while Octavius suffered 417 casualties. Belasarius retreated.

Battle of Yalvac

Fabius attacked Caesar's territory with 15,000 troops. Caesar had 12,000 protecting it. Caesar suffered 1390 casualties, while Fabius suffered just 834 casualties.

Image - Octavinus
Image - Fabius
Image - Pompey
Image - Belasarius
Image - Caesar

Letderan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:10 am

William Dudley’s Night

Australia - Darwin - William’s Speech:

All gathered into the building in which Dudley was giving his speech, many of them being news reporters and journalists while others were loyal followers of his radical ideology. Some however, were simply curious what he had to say, whilst a few came to oppose him….

Dudley stood at the stand, straightening his tie and cleaning off his glasses before the crowd as he looked towards them all, flashing a smile as he waved his hand slightly and spoke. “Welcome! Welcome everyone, it’s great to have all of you here today. I’m sure many of you know me as the angry man screaming about how we should… Exterminate all other religions and let those who worship them go to Hell! But… it’s not like that, yes I believe that Letderan should be a god loving, Christian country, like that of our ancestors. But, I don’t believe we should be committing mass genocide in order to do that… For that is not what the lord would want, he’d want us to practice forgiveness… to teach these people of the error of their ways and show them the light of Christ!”

Dudley’s supporters clapped, as those who came to hear what he had to say remained silent and continued to listen, Dudley’s critics scolding him as he would soon continue. “I want to make it clear, I do not and will not ever advocate for genocide! However, I am not afraid to take actions against those who sin and worship what is not the lord. I will make a promise to you all, on this very day and I shall take these words to my grave after I pass! I shall bring the light of God to all corner of the empire of Letderan! Our Holy Empire is destined to crusade across the savage atomic lands of the wastes of our former world, restoring civilization and Christ!”

Once again, his supporters clapped and cheered for him while others who came to listen either watched or joined in the cheering. His critics kept scolding them, remaining silent… for now, William continued. “Now, what I promise is a return to god and only god in this great country. However, we must do more than show our people the light of Christ if we are to succeed! Medication and education are simply atrocious in Letderan, any good doctors are to damn expensive and those you can afford likely don’t know the first thing to do in treating whatever illness you may have! Education is almost as bad, children have to pay for textbooks, pencils, paper, and buy their own lunch! All the while, our schools give mindless rubbish that only guides our future to the dump down the street, or if they’re lucky a lovely position in the Port Royal manufacturing factories!

If we are to succeed as a united people, we must give drastic improvement to these fields in which we lack in! Furthermore, I propose that we aid the poor who are unable to get by in average daily life. I’m not proposing welfare, but shelters for those to sleep in away from the rain and soup kitchens to fill their stomachs with something for once dammit!” His proposals caused for nearly everyone in the room to start cheering, clapping as his supporters rises from their seats and praised his name. William’s critics fell silent, knowing that if they made an objection, Dudley’s wild fans would be likely to make their opinions physically clear.

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

(Credits to The Iron Tsardom, as he wrote these stories)

Pompey:

As the son of the late Justinian, Pompey bears a heavy burden. Soon after the death of his father, Pompey tried to secure himself as the new emperor, but the political turmoil, and the opportunistic nature of Octavius , left Constantinople an unstable battle ground, as street mobs led by the Octavius turned the city into a fortress.

With the civil war now in full swing, Pompey has secured much of the Greek territories of the empire, including the vital city of Athens. More importantly, Pompey managed to gain the loyalty of the, giving him a deadly presence at sea.

Octavius:

Born into one of the wealthiest and most influential aristocratic families in Rome, Octavius has always been a powerful voice in the senate. In days of Justinian he was a staunch critic of the emperor’s actions, and it was his moving speeches in the senate that eventually gave him de facto control of the republican faction.

When Justianian died, it was only a matter of time before conflict arose. Egged on by the senate, which Octavius had strong-armed and bribed, and the departure of his major opponents, the radical politician closed the gates of the city and declared the senate as the new supreme authority.

While he may have already defended his fledgling order twice by the cunning Belasarius, he sits on tenuous ground. Only Constantinople and a small slice of Thrace are his to command, and the public are not so keen on his rule. If he is to survive, he must be vigilant, and brilliant in his maneuvering , both militarily and politically.

Caesar:

Unlike some of his enemies, Caesar was not born into a particularly high position in life, in fact, he is from a relatively unknown upper middle class family. But to brush him aside would be a hasty and regretful mistake. From an early age Caesar showed his brilliance, having turned his fathers company into a powerful economic empire, and buying himself a seat in the senate.

With the backing of the mercantile families, Caesar became an influencer in the senate, pulling strings and forming a small cabal of societies economic elite within the senate, which gained him earnest hatred from the republican faction led by Octavius.

When the emperor died, Caesar was quick to put a plan into motion. Promising the mercantile families that if they backed him, he would eradicate business regulations, and turn the empire into a playground for the rich. With these funds he raised a small private army, and lead his makeshift senate east into Izmir, where he formed his own faction.

Caesar is still in a hazardous position from Fabius in the east, who has already launched an invasion into his lands, but with the same genius he showed in his political career, perhaps he can turn the situation around and declare his new order as law.

Belasarius:

Born into a lower class family, Belasarius escaped poverty by enlisting in the army, and quickly distinguished during Justinian’s bosphorous campaigns. It was during the initial wars of The Empire that Justianian saw greatness in the young solider and it wasn’t long before he was a fully fledged general of Rome, and eventually a consul, serving with his soon to be arch-rival Fabius.

It was the wars in Asia Minor that brought Belasarius great renown, and solidified his reputation as one the greatest generals in Rome, eventually forming a large inner circle of supporting generals. But his ambitions foe power would come after the fateful battle of Antayla, when he was cheated out of victory by Fabius.

This cold blooded hatred led to a rivalry that has lasted into the civil war. In the first days of the schism, many vied for his loyalty, but the great general had made plans of his own, and he set about massing his army on the eastern side of the Bosphorous, ready to claim Constantinople. Unfortunately, the siege was a disaster, and he was driven to the eastern side once more, establishing his dominion over almost the entire northern coast of Asia Minor.

The venerated general has a tough time ahead, as Octavius refuses to budge, not to mention the threat of an invasion by Fabius, who will no doubt be drawn into conflict by his hatred for him.

Fabius:

Born to rich and influential parents, to many it seemed that Fabius’ life was set out for him, a prosperous career as a senator and orator. However, Fabius never stuck with the world of politics, finding them to be excruciatingly boring. Instead, he joined the rapidly expanding legions of Rome, much to the disgust of his parents.

He proved skill as a general, and was eventually promoted to general, but it was his crushing victory at Bursa which started him on the path to greatness. After his victory, he was chosen as consul by Justinian, along with Belasarius, the greatest general in Rome.

Even with his talent, Fabius was always overshadowed by his co-consul, which sparked a deep set hatred for Belasarius. This became apparent during the Battle of Antayla, when he forsook his oaths and held back his forces, only sweeping in to take the city once Belasarius’ army had been decimated.

With the death of the Emperor, Fabius saw his chance and declared The Empire a military dictatorship, claiming swathes of south-eastern Turkey. With the the backing of most of the former imperial war machine, Fabius is in a position of opportunity, he could turn west and wash away the armies of Caesar, or turn his gaze north, and face down his old enemy once and for all. ..

The Iron Tsardom
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Iron Tsardom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm

News:

The wars for Ukraine are running smoothly
Rurik makes a decision concerning the civil war...

'This is all the supplies?' Luka said, flanked by two Kazaks, their reconditioned energy weapons gleaning a vicious blue.
'Yes my lord, all of it,' One of the Priznaks said, dressed in legionary armour.
'Good, then we begin this operation at once, remember, we are here for Fabius, he knows we are coming' Luka said, waving his hands as the crates were loaded.

This was a big gamble, Luka knew, but Fabius was perhaps the only clement who's views truly aligned with that of the Tsardom, and to turn their backs on him would be a terrible waste of a potential ally. The crates were filled with weapons, ammo, and even precious prewar tech, some of which taken from the Tsardoms trade with the Teutonic Order. Rurik had been wise to set up a network of spies in The Empire, as now an underground railroad of sorts was in place, smuggling goods and supplies to Fabius in the far east...until true support arrived...

Asquran
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquran » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm

These counties please! Image

Taking the Eastern Visayas

The army, with the help of the navy, have been pushing onto the islands of Leyte and Samar, and the smaller islands surrounding them.

They will take many cities that were once important in the nation but now will mostly serve as a port so that goods from Asia can travel to Europe and restock on the islands.

Ormoc and its geothermal power, one of which is the biggest in South-Eastern Asia, will help provide power to these islands.
Last edited by Asquran on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Claims: (the darker blue color)

Another season, another expansion. By this point in time, the Kinshasan people had become accustomed to expanding their territories, so such things were no longer a huge news item for them. In fact, at the rate of expansion they were going, they were probably going to run out of settlers first before they ran out of territory.

In any case, it all works out to the Republic's favor, President Samuel Lumumba thought. More territories meant more living space, more resources, and so on. His reconstruction plans were all going well, too. Various factories had already been established, both for consumer and military goods. A small shipyard had been built for constructing small combat vessels, while construction of the larger shipyards were proceeding. Infrastructure works, production of goods, everything was proceeding at a smooth pace.

The expansion had brought even more territories under the control of the Republic. That meant more resources, more living space, more population. This in turn meant that a bigger industrial base could be built, all leading up to the growth of the Republic. This was good news to all.

However, one thing worried Lumumba and his advisers. The expedition they sent out to explore rumors about other civilizations had not contacted them yet since they left. They had thought of all possible reasons as to why, but what they feared the most was that the expedition had been attacked and destroyed, possibly by this new civilization. A second, more powerful, expedition was already being formed, but they needed to be sure first about the fate of the first expedition. They decided to wait for another season for the first expedition to contact them. If they didn't, the second expedition will set out to find them.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Letderan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:19 am

Royal Crown Network - 15!

Letderan Intervention!
“Breaking news Letderan! Reports are coming in that the naval fleet that had been stationed at the Suez Canal in order to protect it from danger, due to the Romans being at war with themselves. Had another purpose this entire time! It turns out that a portion of the fleet had been sent out towards the section of the Roman Empire ruled by Pompey, in order to aid his efforts in uniting the broken country! The fleet currently consists of 15 Battleships, 14 Destroyers, 12 Submarines… Another large fleet remains at the Suez Canal, and has orders to fire upon any other side in the Roman Civil War! Furthermore, it is believed that the fleet sent to aid Pompey is filled with weapons, food, and other supplies in order to further aid them and their endeavors.”

Edward Waters, Conservative Rep!
“In other news, last night it was decided that Edward Waters would be the representative of the Conservative party. Barely beating out Darwin in a few votes, he was congratulated and is making plans to visit Port Royal and Zealandia in order to give a speech with the people.

Despite the Conservatives picking a representative, the liberal party has still yell to come to a decision and is split between three potential candidates. Emily Lane, Robert Sparrow, and finally Markson Peters, the three have been battling for days now and it’s still unknown who will ultimately come out on top.

Meanwhile however, William Dudley who is the representative for the Nationalists party is making great political gains! Taking a tour all throughout the dominion of Australia, and has made many statements on his competition, one of which being on the liberal party. Quoting from one of his speeches…. ‘If those trying to push for a change in the future can’t agree on who to represent them, then there shall be no future to change.’”

Canberra Retaken!
“For our final story, we go to Australia to witness that Letderan’s army has finally taken Canberra! The political capital of former Australia, and a greatly important city as the land has been added to the Dominion of Australia. Although, debate now exists as to if the capital of the dominion should now be moved to Canberra, when Land was first taken on Australia the city of Darwin temporarily served as the capital until Sydney was taken and significantly rebuilt. The regional government then moved itself to Sydney, and it has served as the capital ever since, now others debate if it should be moved into Canberra in order to mirror former Australia. However, an argument against this is that Sydney is already much more built up and is far greater than that of measly Canberra, what the government in Australia decides to do remains to be seen.”

Asquran
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Asquran » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:09 am

Supporting the Monarchists

In our befriended country of Letderan they found it necessary to install a parliament, and campaigning has started a couple weeks ago. There are four parties, each trying to get as many votes from the people living in the country.

After careful consideration, our great government has decided that they would aid the Monarchists Party, where her Majesty's daughter Alice Windsor herself is the representative of the party.

They have chosen for this party as their ideology fits what our nation thinks is the best for the country of Letderan. To show support, our president will travel to New Zealand to meet Ms. Alice Windsor and the rest of the royal family, to discuss about the beliefs of the party and to make the money transaction official. There are rumors that the president has bought expensive gifts to give to the royal family of Letderan.

The money will be given to the Party and they may decide where it goes, but most of it will go to the campaign of the Party.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 am

expand into north east honshu, both times

For the eight turns put it in the southern island and hokiado finsishing them off
NEWS HEADLINES:

Romen Abuse to the Shintoists: in eastern Anatolia, a war lord in the romen civil war has been pushing are churches to a point of sacrilege. What the goverment is going to do is needed to wait

Serica supports both the monarchists and the liberals, but mainly the former, but they have no plan to visit.
But the prince is hoping to see the princess.

Serican Subs sink any ships controlled by Fabius, in both the black and metteranian sea, but no official talk of who he shall side, but Seria has been supporting the Monarchists.

Art colleges
Medical Schools
Philosophy Colleges
Music Schools
Writing studies

New radio stations are being finished in Tokyo, with a massive range, we could find any ships off our coats and prepare for a navel invasion

Priests have started Project, STARLIGHT, 25%

Kyoto dock becoming larger by the day, finally rivaling other ports, more in size than production

A tech boom of Medical care has started

A navy boom to compete with the letterdan fleet is being built, with subs, battle cruisers and some hidden ships

Foreign News
The emperor of Sericia send a 700 men Mercenary group to Caeser, and a cash influx to help with there dire situation, Sercia has some support for Caeser

But Yammamoto asks him to read some Shinto holy books, and if he converts he will send more troops and money, etc
Last edited by Hystaria on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:52 am

News:
Legion of Rome (Fabius):
Caesar crumbles under our fist!
Roman Empire (Pompey):
Greece supports our effort!
The Great Consulate (Belasarius):
Belasarius is gathering his forces!
The Republic (Octavius):
Possible attacks against Pompey?
New Rome (Caesar):
The situation is looking dark

Samnordisk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Samnordisk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 am

Claim: Two more provinces in Norway my boiiis. (You know the drill: Green = old (still need to get it on the map) and Red = today)

News Headlines:

More work done on the Atlantic Wall.
More funds put into education, healthcare, environment and social policy. "We want the people to be as happy as possible," says imperial representative.
Military trainings resume to defend the country against any possible threat.

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 am

Posting as the Caribbean:

News:
More expansion in Cuba!
Examinations of 2106 begin!
The airport in Havana restored
100% of Havana rebuilt

Publectia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Publectia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 am

The Roman Civil War

Battle of Usak

Belasarius attacked Usak with 12,000 troops. Caesar had 5,000 troops defending. It was a resounding victory for Belasarius.

Image - Octavinus
Image - Fabius
Image - Pompey
Image - Belasarius
Image - Caesar

Letderan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Austrian Reclamation!

Horthy marched along the river with an army of one thousand men, many of them carrying a great variety of weapons with them. From guns that went from little handguns to military grade rifles, others who weren’t so lucky with their weapons of choice carried axes, swords, and even chainsaws. Those who were really unlikely had to make makeshift weapons for battle, luckily for them battle was mostly uncommon, and with an army of 1,000 it wasn’t exactly fair. Most of their enemies consisted of small raider gangs, and the occasional settlement that refused peaceful annexation. Nevertheless, the army continued its march to reclaim Austria, the heartland of the long since dead Austro-Hungarian empire.

Meanwhile back at Vienna, Adolf was making plans for further reconstruction and expansion into the territory he claimed as there’s. His first goal was to retake most of Austria before marching towards Budapest, once Budapest belonged to them they’d finish with taking Austria so they may then go up north to begin the reclamation of the Czech Republic and Slovenia. Afterwards they’d begin pushing back south towards the Balkan region, in an attempt to claim much of Romania along with Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, and further…

Meanwhile, Edvard was slaving hard over a map of all the railroads within the region, planning to rebuild them in order to better connect the country that they were slowly building from the ashes. The project would require many hands, and plenty of funding but he believed it would be necessary if they wished to follow through with their ambitions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse