NATION

PASSWORD

Heirs to the Stars (FT RP, Signup OOC, Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 am

I'd like to reserve bartender as my secondary role.

As for my primary role...any positions you'd like filled up?

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:50 am

Esternial wrote:I'd like to reserve bartender as my secondary role.

We lack engineers and logistical support, but mainly engineers.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 am

Nachfolgia wrote:Clarification would be very helpful, Wolf. Sorry, I read about Spartak, but I still don't know much. XD

Well, the short story is that the Collapse happened around the 2100s, leading to a period of extended chaos in Spartak. However, under the former EAU garrison commander, Lev Fischer, he reunified the planet by about the 2150s and founded a military dictatorship. When his son, Rurik, succeeded him, he went crazy with megalomania, crowning himself and his late father kings of Sparta, and reshaped his society based on his warped interpretation of Sparta. By today, pretty much every aspect of Spartan society is modelled to various extents after its namesake. It has an Agoge system, where Spartan children are taken from their parents to be raised. They have an underclass of helots, who are subect to annual 'wars' with Sparta which essentially amount to massacres to thin their population and potential to revolt. They even adopted the by-then extinct Hellenic language of Tsakonian (a descendant of Doric Greek used by the Spartans) even though practically no one knows how to speak it and no one really needs to with automated translators. It's a pretty fucked up place.

Of course, by now, Sparta's military prowess had been crippled beyond repair. It's forcibly incorporated into the League of Merope and it's now sitting by as the League is destroyed by Terra. They're not likely to survive once Terra goes after them.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:43 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Esternial wrote:I'd like to reserve bartender as my secondary role.

We lack engineers and logistical support, but mainly engineers.

Chief Engineer it is.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:11 am

WIP. Done.

Character Information (Compulsory)
Name: Liu Taoxiang (Mandarin: 劉桃香)
Birthplace: Zintun Lake, Athenai
Sex: Female
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Blood Type: A
Modificatons: None
Desired Positions (please rank 3):
  1. Captain
Appearance (picture link is preferred): :3

Physical Description (Optional)
Height: 158cm
Weight: 46kg
Dislikes: TBA
Personality: TBA

History (Compulsory)
Bios: Tracing her lineage to the free Taiwanese settlers fleeing the impending conquest of the island by mainland China, Liu Taoxiang is by any means average. Softspoken, nice and a generally well-mannered girl, she grew up in the relative luxury of Zintun's suburbs with her merchant father, away from the snaking morass of the downtown that had long been a hotbed for Xia-imported triad activity. Sheltered, she often dreamed of becoming a simple librarian, burying herself in books on history and historical fiction. However, her family's sudden loss of financial prospects - the result of shady business dealings in the Later Xia - forced her to join the Naval Academy in Military History to pursue a higher education, one that would prove deeply fateful.

Displaying an unusual and unorthodox aptitude for ship and fleet tactics, she was transferred to the Fleet Command department after the closure of the Military History department. In her graduation tour of duty, she was assigned as adjutant to the elderly Captain Brandt of the Salamis, along with her class. But their return trip to Athenai was to be plagued with news of the League's war with Terra. With many classmates from the League or sympathetic to their cause, the cadet could sense that trouble was brewing for the neutral city-state, and by extension, her.
Additional Information (Optional):
OOC Information (Compulsory for non-invitees)
RP Example: No. :3

Name: Jane Spicer
Birthplace: Magnolia Falls, Korinthos
Blood Type: AB+
Modificatons: Inherited modded genes for hair colour (pink)
  1. Navigator
Appearance (picture link is preferred): :3

Physical Description (Optional)
Height: 5'4'' (163 cm)
Weight: 130 pounds (59 kg)
Dislikes: Fighting among the crew
Personality: Ditzy

History (Compulsory)
Bios: Born to a simple rural family in Korinthos (English: Corinth), Jane Spicer had always been a ball of sunshine for everyone around her. Slightly dense yet highly perceptive, Jane was often eager to make friends wherever she went. Her parents, descendants of settlers from the Deep South of the United States, had hoped for her to make it in the cities to settle down. To do so, they enrolled her in the one place that was willing to provide a free education - the naval academy.

Fastforward, and Jane is currently an exchange student in the Athenian naval academy. While her grades were, at best, average, her eidetic memory had earned her the attention of her trainers. Navigation, especially, had become a forte of hers, with her ability to pinpoint landmarks and recall star maps to the most finite detail. However, there may be another reason why this otherwise average cadet had been sent to Athenai...

Additional Information (Optional):
RP Example:
Last edited by Wolfenium on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:55 am, edited 11 times in total.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:53 am

So after Lev takes over - put my boy into big sleep mode for 200 years?

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

In principle, I'd be interested in the squadron commander position, and I do really like the worldbuilding, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that the whole command staff seems to be under 25.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Left out some of the optional stuff.

Name: Morgan F. Nowak
Birthplace: Atlas
Sex: M
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Modifications:
Like that of many Citlalli, Morgan's body is almost entirely cybernetic. His limbs are exclusively nonorganic, and all his organs have been either heavily augmented or simply replaced with something functionally identical but vastly superior. Unfortunately this also makes it more complicated if he would ever need medical treatment.
  1. Chief Engineer
  2. Bartender
  3. Combat Pilot
Appearance: Link

Personality: Morgan is usually the "rather stoic" type, though that depends on whether he's had a drink or not.

History (Compulsory)
Bios: Citlalli have some of the strangest customs when it comes to bodily modification and enhancement. It isn't unusual for people to alter their bodies both functionally and aesthetically, which warped the concept of a 'normal' human body for most Citlalli. Morgan grew up in such a culture, so perhaps it would be no surprise that he had his fair share of alterations made during his youth. At some point he even had a tail, evidently for style as it was immensely impractical.

Only when he reached a more mature age did he gain a firmer grasp of his own body image, reverting most of the aesthetic changes he had made to his body and settling solely for functional enhancements. In a few years that "natural" look would become all the rage, so one could consider Morgan ahead of his time in that respect. At any rate, he had reached an age where he would have make big decisions - plot out his own course in life. His education had given him a solid basis in engineering, but Morgan sought more. Being so interconnected with technology had made him question many things, and at that point in his life he sought to feel alive - Morgan wanted to feel the blood rushing through his body, the adrenaline, the excitement. He wanted to join the Navy.

Despite his questionable motivations, Morgan left behind a commendable track records around his thirties. At that point he had been admitted as an ace to the Cypher division, a squadron of exceptional pilots. It seemed Morgan was progressing well in his military career, but - as suddenly as he had started - he eventually had enough of it. He had felt enough adrenaline for one lifetime, and decided to make way for more ambitious characters. Instead, Morgan dedicated himself to his first passion, engineering. With enough experience operating the damn things, it seemed logical to place his focus on both spacecraft and cybernetics in particular - to keep both the ship and himself running properly.

RP Example: Do I HAVE to D:

Aunt Carol
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aunt Carol » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Character Information
Name: Nisa of Solon; daughter of Mys and Koré.
Age: Twelve-and-eight [28], or so saith the bed-nurse of Solon.
Birthplace: Solon, Athenai.
Sex: F.
Zodiac Sign: Virgo.
Blood Type: A.
Modificatons: Aside from mandated injections and modifications, nothing of note. Such things are far too expensive and invasive for her frugal tastes.
Desired Positions:

1. Quartermaster.
  2. Munitions Officer.
  3. Ship Technician.
Appearance:

Physical Description
Height: 5'8".
Weight: 139 lbs.
Likes: Fiscal discipline [conservatism]; self-preservation [natural]; rise-averse thinking [smart]; and predetermined plans [order].
Dislikes: Deviation from set plans [chaos]; spontaneity [unpredictable]; pure luck [risk]; and unproductive behavior [waste].
Personality:

Born to common stock, of plucky yeoman farmers and doughty peddlers, the core aspect of Nisa's character resides in her puritan-like worship of work. To her, there is nothing better than to engage in honest toil; in defense of this standpoint, stubborn and pigheaded define her; her wrath, an event to behold and be wary of, befalls any fool who consorts with the sin of sloth. She expects the best from others, and, in turn, does her best for them. As an ally, she is annoyingly indispensable: a prideful, but never to the extent of being vain, perfectionist with an eye for detail alongside tried-and-tested vertical thinking. Furthermore, with her conservative mindset, the heterodox [in her mind, throwing caution and calculation to the wind] is viewed with the utmost suspicion. "If it ain't broke," she likes to utter, "don't fix it."

History
Bios:

As is the fate of those not born to the moneyed class, a life of toil awaited. Upholding a lineage of respectable mediocrity, containing no renowned heroes or villains, Nisa's parent groomed her for an unremarkable life in Athenai: that of a merchant and mother. To live and die under the shade of an olive tree. Alas, such hopes were fleeting when their daughter started to express her intellect. A quick learner, she gained a reputation of an unmatched bookworm -- "our little Plato," her parents would say. Not wishing to squander this opportunity, a real chance to advance their lot in life, Nisa's parents enrolled her in the local military gymnasium -- the highest level they could afford. Praised for her elan and work ethic, yet lacking the "open-mindedness" for leadership, a recommendation from the headmaster opened the door to the Athenian Naval Academy. During her departure, her fellow villagers came to congratulate her: from nothing she was becoming something.

Nisa's humble background deterred her from the command department: a den of aristocratic vipers, more interested in personal intrigue than responsible leadership. Instead, she joined and integrated herself to the logistical department of the Academy. In a sense, the department was a perfect fit; they demanded a rigorous adherence to data management and self-discipline, something Nisa was more than happy to provide. Under her watchful eyes, as the department's student president, general productivity arose twofold during her administration. Furthermore, she was an active contributor to the student section of the Journal of Defense. She took part, as one of many editors, in completing The Fractured Dream: a seminal examination of the Diadochi Wars, a decade in the making, lauded for its extensive scholarship and wit [a byproduct of its first editor].

Graduating with honors, a commission in hand, Nisa served ably aboard the frigate Artemis: promoted to senior lieutenant after six years of active service. Six years amidst the stars, organizing and directing the administrative needs of the vessel as it faced one challenge after another. Transferred from the Artemis to guide the new crop of commissioned officers on the importance of supply management, a step towards a career in the Admiralty, Nisa had to deal with the sudden mutiny. Old-fashioned and hard-nosed, time will tell if she can truly connect with the crew of the Themistocles.

Additional Information: Nisa is an avid Jigsaw puzzle enthusiast. Her collection, thus far, includes vintage UN-sponsored Reach for the Stars and Our Struggle. Earn her gratitude if you can find and deliver more sets in the series to her -- there is ten in total. She has also developed a liking to Zintun cha, just the right amount bittersweet for her tastes. Last but not least, she watches Professional Athenai Wrestling [P.A.W.] with great interest: her favorite wrestlers being Antoko Kioni and Baba the Great.

OOC Information
RP Example:

'This was not supposed to happen.'

So went the mind of Nisa.

Here she was, a senior lieutenant, the pride of Solon, with a future as bright as the stars, consorting with treason. If she could have told her past self about this... if she could have planned for such an event beforehand, perhaps, this event would have never happened. But, try as she might, the past was the past. Living in a fantasy never suited her. It was a terrible thing, really: this mutiny, oh how she hated that word, which presently occupied the Themistocles. At gunpoint, they, herself included (no matter how relucent), had removed the influence of the weary Admiralty. As a staunch believer of discipline, nothing worse could have happened. Within the vastness of space, as the accursed Themistocles danced in without a care, an unmoderated crew meant an unavoidable death sentence. The sweet allure of dissent captured the hearts of the personnel aboard; now, an ensign was the equal of a captain. Everyone had the right to rule, so long as they could defend it. If such a delusion continued, anarchy would reign supreme. "You are welcome, sirs, to the Themistocles," they, her fears with a thousand different faces personified, shouted, "Goats and monkeys!" By the Gods, may such a fate never befall her!

The datapad in her hand felt so very cold -- neither Nisa's hands or the machine gave any warmth. 'Was this the grip of death?' Her mind questioned morbidly. 'If so, why must I wait, in such agony, for my demise?' With each passing statistic, an undeniable fact, hope seemed dimmer and dimmer: first, rations -- not enough; second, fuel -- not enough; third, munitions -- not enough; and so it went. Never enough for a substantial period of active resistance. A rebellion, such as theirs, would not survive without support. Their ad hoc uprising, thought of and acted on by children, would die without a miracle. They had only seen death from the comforts of their homes; pampered by the Academy, fed with lies and fiction, they had never struggled. They weren't prepared to take on a galactic juggernaut. Despair, hopelessness, depression, she felt it all: a cocktail of negativity engulfing the being, not even a human, known as Nisa. USELESS! USELESS!! USELESS IT WAS ALL USELESS!!!

"Enough."

'Who said that?'

Without knowing it, it seemed as if her body moved on its own. Like the crew of the ship, it rebelled against the mind. A mind which betrayed her ideals and sullied her name. She was, is, an officer of Athenai. If death were to come from her, she would die on her feet -- fighting. Never again would she disgrace herself like this, a mouse fleeing from its own shadow.

"Command, this is Lieutenant Nisa. I have gathered the requested data. It will be sent in a few short moments."

Not when she still had work to do.
Last edited by Aunt Carol on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Edited my app, wolf. :)

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:In principle, I'd be interested in the squadron commander position, and I do really like the worldbuilding, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that the whole command staff seems to be under 25.

This is an animu. They are mostly cadets being shoved into the role, TBH. Nothing stopping you from playing a senior officer, thou. :p

The Empire of Tau wrote:So after Lev takes over - put my boy into big sleep mode for 200 years?

Maybe, but you'll need a reason why thou. If not, I suggest rewriting it a bit. He'd actually fit in to the Spartan Army with its military service from birth. Could be a helot child impressed into service.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Character Information (Compulsory)
Name: Yekaterina ( Katya) Arturovna Kuznetsova
Birthplace: Novaya Kherson, Spartak
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Blood Type: O-
Modificatons:
- Pigment in Iris that react to her pulse and body heat, changing colors to reflect her mood. ( Modified not of her own free will.)

- Cybernetic prosthetic arm covered in synthetic silicon based skin

- 32 hardened steel teeth painted to resemble real teeth.
  1. Enlisted Marine
  2. Combat Pilot
  3. Fighter Technician
Appearance: Cyka Blyat

-snip-

Accepted. :3

Esternial wrote:Left out some of the optional stuff.

Modifications:
Like that of many Citlalli, Morgan's body is almost entirely cybernetic. His limbs are exclusively nonorganic, and all his organs have been either heavily augmented or simply replaced with something functionally identical but vastly superior. Unfortunately this also makes it more complicated if he would ever need medical treatment.
  1. Chief Engineer
  2. Bartender
  3. Combat Pilot

-snip-

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:Character Information (Compulsory)
Name: Yekaterina ( Katya) Arturovna Kuznetsova
Birthplace: Novaya Kherson, Spartak
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Blood Type: O-
Modificatons:
- Pigment in Iris that react to her pulse and body heat, changing colors to reflect her mood. ( Modified not of her own free will.)

- Cybernetic prosthetic arm covered in synthetic silicon based skin

- 32 hardened steel teeth painted to resemble real teeth.
  1. Enlisted Marine
  2. Combat Pilot
  3. Fighter Technician
Appearance: Cyka Blyat

-snip-

Esternial wrote:Left out some of the optional stuff.

Modifications:
  1. Chief Engineer
  2. Bartender
  3. Combat Pilot

-snip-

Yaaaayyyy!! Angry bab incoming!

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Anime, a land of traps and 'under-aged' plot characters. It is what I live for.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Anime, a land of traps and 'under-aged' plot characters. It is what I live for.

I've yet to see a trap here.
Last edited by Nachfolgia on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Aunt Carol
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aunt Carol » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Wrote a short little roleplay sample in the app, if anyone's interested.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Aunt Carol wrote:Character Information
Name: Nisa of Solon; daughter of Mys and Koré.
Age: Twelve-and-eight [28], or so saith the bed-nurse of Solon.
Birthplace: Solon, Athenai.
Sex: F.
Zodiac Sign: Virgo.
Blood Type: A.
Modificatons: Aside from mandated injections and modifications, nothing of note. Such things are far too expensive and invasive for her frugal tastes.
Desired Positions:

1. Quartermaster.
  2. Munitions Officer.
  3. Ship Technician.
Appearance:

-snip-

Aunt Carol wrote:Wrote a short little roleplay sample in the app, if anyone's interested.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:In principle, I'd be interested in the squadron commander position, and I do really like the worldbuilding, but I'm a little weirded out by the fact that the whole command staff seems to be under 25.

It's anime-inspired, so all cute girls will either be in their early 20s or early 2000s.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:56 am

They're meant to represent cadets who take over a capital ship eventually. You are completely free to be a senior officer in the Athenian navy who assists them.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Agritum wrote:

They're meant to represent cadets who take over a capital ship eventually. You are completely free to be a senior officer in the Athenian navy who assists them.

I thought we were pressed into service ahead of graduation due to imminent war?

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:
Agritum wrote:They're meant to represent cadets who take over a capital ship eventually. You are completely free to be a senior officer in the Athenian navy who assists them.

I thought we were pressed into service ahead of graduation due to imminent war?

Not really. Athenai is neutral. The Admiralty and civilian leadership just didn't realize that those pseudo-Earthlings are pricks. :p
Last edited by Wolfenium on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:59 pm

We has discord now. :3

The Empire of Tau wrote:Character Information
Name: COW.6756.SeC-17.ECHO (aka 'Bob')
Birthplace: Lacedaemon
Sex: Male
Blood Type: B
Modificatons: N/A
Desired Positions: Marine
Appearance:

-snip-

Accepted, as per the fixed app.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:56 am

I'm thinking of applying two charas, one for marine and one for cook. Surely, the whole team needs a chef for gourmet needs, right? :3

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:03 pm

MInroz wrote:I'm thinking of applying two charas, one for marine and one for cook. Surely, the whole team needs a chef for gourmet needs, right? :3

Hell yeah, we do!! Yekaterina is tired of eating gruel. XD

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:33 pm

MInroz wrote:I'm thinking of applying two charas, one for marine and one for cook. Surely, the whole team needs a chef for gourmet needs, right? :3

Cook can be a secondary profession.

It's sci-fi, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility to have some food synths.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse