NATION

PASSWORD

CAS Canon RP Signup/OOC (CAS Region Only)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nator State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Corporate Police State

Military factbook No.4 repost

Postby Nator State » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1270386

This is a repost because I was never approved. Also I’d like to use my points for an military ally with Kalingo too.
Last edited by Nator State on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cotour
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Recap Posts

Postby Cotour » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:26 pm

Due to my recent inactivity, I'd like to make some recap posts for the past 3 IC months that I've been inactive.
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery. It cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another." ~ Mao Zedong

Cotour
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Joining the Republic of Yunna

Postby Cotour » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:28 pm

If the communist party seizes control in the NPF, would they be allowed to join the Republic of Yunna and the MHD allowing me to control all forces?
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery. It cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another." ~ Mao Zedong

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Nator State wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1270386

This is a repost because I was never approved. Also I’d like to use my points for an military ally with Kalingo too.

Factbook:
Denied
you need to clearly state how many soldiers are reserve and how many are active duty. You only pay troops that are active duty. Furthermore your numbers are way off. We got for the guard by adding up all the regiments 20640 we need to know how many of those are active duty.
the Navy we got ~10500 but you need to correct some things an AC carrier needs at least 1000 crew members
And your troopship only needs a 100 crew members i think you have down how many troops it can carry at once.
Next your budget is wrong. Your GDPpC is 241 so each active duty soldier costs 241. Even if all soldiers were active duty you'd still be under the amount you had listed.
the Kalingo military alliance will cost 36 points
Cotour wrote:Due to my recent inactivity, I'd like to make some recap posts for the past 3 IC months that I've been inactive.

Approved you just have to let the mods look over the post before submitting
Cotour wrote:If the communist party seizes control in the NPF, would they be allowed to join the Republic of Yunna and the MHD allowing me to control all forces?

in name only the mods wills still control mhd and you will only control NPF but as a whole you can say you are apart of the Yunnese republic

Nator State
Bureaucrat

Corporate Police State

Military factbook No.5

Postby Nator State » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:14 pm

I hope I did it right but if it needs sixth try I'll give it that.

Hurliherzistan
Civilian

Founded: May 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Canon Application:

Postby Hurliherzistan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

NS Nation Name: Hurliherzistan
Canon Nation Name: West Sagaria Federation
Capital name: Turicum
Population: 12,970,479
Ideal Map Claims (please mark your capital): nation in red, claim in light blue, capital in yellow: https://imgur.com/a/L0XZFg7
Major Cultures: Ergonian and Sagarian
RL Equivalent Cultures: Ergonian and Latin American
Major Languages (of the nation): Evetish, but most non-colonists speak one of the native languages
RL Equivalent Languages: English, Creole, Arawak
Real Life Nation Technology Equivalent Canada
Government System (short description): Direct Democracy, the people elect seven people to act as the executive (all have the same title, Chancellor, and the executive itself is called the Council), all of whom have equal power but one is chosen among them each year to be the face of the nation. Elections every 7 years. All legislation is proposed and voted on by the people and the Council members can be removed from office by the people.
Economic System (short description): Capitalist but very heavily regulated by the government. There is also an 85% tax on the sugar, fruit, and coffee industries (the most prosperous and powerful industries in the nation). There is a high enough minimum wage that 2 people working minimum wage jobs can raise a family of 4.
Social Policies (short description): Yes. Just yes. All of them. The government uses the massive amount of money it gets from the high taxes on the industries above to provide universal healthcare, medicare, support for the elderly, support for the disabled, good institutions for the mentally ill, prisoner and addict rehab (two separate institutions), universal jobs (if a citizen does not have a job the government will employ that person at minimum wage or higher), and other social services. Women also have the right to vote and the voting and drinking age are 16. Many of these policies are more recent developments and all the social and economic programs have been slowly building up since the late 19th century.
Head of State: The people represent themselves.
Head of Government: Chancellor Conrad Hürlimann
Will you make a religion?: No, the majority of people follow types of shamanism but most colonists follow Recusantry.
Will you make your own calendar?: No
Currency: Ergonian Farthing and coffee beans can also be used as money in rural parts of the nation (the better the quality of the beans, the more it's worth)
Brief History: Colonized by Greater Ergonia in the 18th century. The southern half of the colony gained its independence as the Kalingo Republic in the 19th century, during which time the West Sagaria Federation gained more autonomy and became a dominion. The people were allowed to choose their own government form and decided on a direct democracy. As the second industrial revolution hit and the new technologies made life for the workers on sugar, fruit, and coffee plantations a living hell, the people made many reforms to increase standards of living. By 1933, the West Sagaria Federation had the lowest unemployment and poverty rate in the world and one of the smallest militaries (as it was protected by its overlord, Greater Ergonia). However, one of the tradeoffs is that the wealthiest people make barely double the money of the poorest.
Anything to add?:

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Sat May 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Hurliherzistan wrote:[b]NS Nation Name:Snip

You are claiming an NPC that is a colony of Greater Ergonia, that is fine it is just under special rules that shall remain vague. The jist of the rules are that you can't just up and declare yourself independent. Furthermore GE can deny you from doing certain things like declaring war.
lower population to 7m
Change "sagarian" culture to "west Sagarian culture" as Sagarian culture is Indian not Latin American, but West Sagarian culture would be
Tech is approved but do note it's 1934. You are free to import British weapons from GE just message him and work out a deal
Government system needs less direct democracy as determined by GE
GE also wants lower taxes in WSF
GE also wants more Recusants and pagan religions to be a small minority
History is approved so long it doesn't conflict with the above. if you wanted it added to the history doc make another post in the format of the history doc "Year - EVENT" i.e. 1808 WSF becomes a Dominion. Do check with GE to see if he approves of your history suggestions.
"By 1933, the West Sagaria Federation had the lowest unemployment and poverty rate in the world and one of the smallest militaries (as it was protected by its overlord, Greater Ergonia). However, one of the tradeoffs is that the wealthiest people make barely double the money of the poorest."
You don't get to determine that. Mods determine such things. As a rule of thumb players control governments.
OVERALL DENIED

I hope I did it right but if it needs sixth try I'll give it that.

We got 17,580 for you active guard and 16,082 for your active navy. Those need to be updated
as such we got 8.13M for Personnel Costs
your navy says 24 fighters but elsewhere it says 3024. your aircraft carriers cannot carry that much so you need to mention where the excess is. Either in storage (i.e. not in use) or at an airbase (i.e. in use)
we got 18.39M for upkeep costs
As such current total spending is 26.52M
Last edited by Imperialtha on Sat May 02, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Ergonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ergonia » Mon May 04, 2020 9:50 am

Requesting a revision of the canon doc that all mentions of House Cadour are instead replaced with House Brunay-Bonbry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♔The sun shall never set on the Ergonian Empire♔

Hey, I'm Ergonia (Also known as NAC or GA if you''ve known me that long) just your typical nerd who loves history, and world-building
I don't bite, so if you want to talk with me, shoot a telegram my way

Cotour
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cotour » Mon May 04, 2020 4:56 pm

The NPF should be able to recruit 1.29m soldiers without conscription, raising military to 2.8% of population. The Jiangxi soviet was in a much worse position due to continual fighting in the region and large devastation. However, they were able to recruit 140k soldiers, all volunteers, of a population of 3m, making up 4.67% of the population. While the NPF is currently experiences internal economic issues, they were not on the scale and intensity of that during the IRL Chinese warlord era. In fact, due to its ideology, the NPF should have an easier time preying on recruiting those who are suffering. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist ... %80%931949) "the Jiangxi Soviet gradually expanded, reaching a peak of more than 30,000 square kilometres and a population that numbered more than three million" "its regular Chinese Red Army alone already numbered more than 140,000 by the early 1930s"
Last edited by Cotour on Mon May 04, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nator State
Bureaucrat

Corporate Police State

Military factbook No.6

Postby Nator State » Mon May 04, 2020 5:24 pm

I hope this is it. six tries I hope It doesn't make it past seven.

Blackburns
Civilian

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackburns » Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 am

Canon Application:
NS Nation Name: Blackburns.
Canon Nation Name: The Federation of Ithra/Omospondía tis Íthras/Ομοσπονδία της Ίθρας
Capital name: Kallipolis/Καλλιπόλεως
Population: 30 million
Ideal Map Claims (please mark your capital): Dark Purple is Ithra Proper/Ithran Majority, Green is claimed overlordship
Major Cultures: Ithran
RL Equivalent Cultures: Greek
Major Languages (of the nation): Ithran
RL Equivalent Languages: Greek
Real Life Nation Technology Equivalent Italian?
Government System (short description): Federal Semi-Presidential Republic with a unicameral legislature named the Synedrion of 709 members elected every 4 years by popular vote. the Executive is led by the Megas Archon and his Council of Archons, responsible to the Synedrion and Hegemon. The Hegemon is the elected head of state, chosen by the members of Synedrion and specially elected electors from the 306 Polis of Ithra.
Ithra is divided into 306 poleis (singular polis) that range in size from just over one million to only a few thousand citizens. Some poleis have also integrated into peripheries which allow smaller polesis to gain greater sway in national politics. Poleis and peripheries are allowed a number of privileges that the federal government is not allowed to interfere with. While all Ithran citizens are allowed to vote as citizens of Ithra, each polis is allowed to set criteria for how to gain citizenship with the only caveat being a federal mandate that citizenship must be extended to Ithran citizens born in the territory of the polis and to children of citizens of the polis.
Economic System (short description): Ithra is currently transitioning into a more modern economy with massive changes across the country as a result. The current issue of nationalization and government intervention in the economy are major issues in the nation. A major part of the Ithran economy is shipping as Ithra's central location makes it an attractive port of rest and its people are famed as sailors.
Social Policies (short description): Ithra finds itself at a crossroads since it overthrew the Autokrator a decade ago. Various factions vie for power against each other for power: leftists and rightist, secularists and followers of the Mantoi, nationalists and regionalists, monarchists and republicans, moderates and republicans. Everyone wishes to guide Ithra to the future on their terms and view their competition as threats to all they stand for.
Head of State: Hegemon Nikolaos Argyris
Head of Government: Megas Archon Anaximandros Erythrotis
Will you make a religion?: Yes, Ithranism
Will you make your own calendar?: Yes
Currency: Drachma
Brief History: Ithra has had a long history of peace and war amongst their competing poleis. When a Polis manages to unite the island as Hegemon, the warriors of Ithra often look outward and took to the seize to find glory and riches. Eventually, Ithra was more properly integrated with the rest of the world. Eventually, one of the Hegemons would become hereditary Autokrators that were overthrown in the Ithran Revolution and the Ithran Republic was proclaimed. The Republic brought about many important changes socially, politically and economically, most notably industrializing the country. However, the First Republic was not without its faults and instabilities that led to a coup d'etat by the military for almost two decades before they were in-turn overthrown and replaced the Federation of Ithra (though Republicans staunchly call it the Second Ithran Republic). Now, even a decade later, Ithra still looks uncertainty forward, not quite sure what path to follow.
Anything to add: I didn't change much but was wondering if I could do some theological finds to add to the religion or even have a find that brings about the revival of a 2nd religion but without losing the 1st if not i understand completely.

Cotour
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Canon Topography

Postby Cotour » Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 am

The Victoria II geographic map should not be used for canon. It is nowhere near accurate, having a seemingly random placement of topographical objects. Furthermore, the borders are not consistent with the canon map, and the chunky nature of the map makes it impossible to rectify those issues. A real topographic map would much more accurately and precisely depict said topographical objects, and its nature would allow us to rectify any border discrepancies. The Victoria II map is nowhere near accurate, has many border discrepancies, and it will be impossible to rectify them. The only argument that could me made is that canon is not meant to have remotely realistic topography, in which case the mods would need to labor over all regions, checking whether an IRL mountain range exists in game. Even then, the imprecision of the Victoria II map will efforts to accurately and precisely point to the terrain of a specific location. In all cases, the IRL topographic map would be much easier to work with, and provide more depth, precision, and accuracy.

Albanions
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albanions » Tue May 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Canon Application:
[b]NS Nation Name:[Albanions]
[b]Canon Nation Name:[The Kingdom of Sweden]
[b]Capital name:[Stockholm]
[b]Population:[6300000]
[b]Ideal Map Claims (please mark your capital):[Stockholm
[b]Major Cultures:[Swedish]
[b]RL Equivalent Cultures:[Swedish]
[b]Major Languages (Swedish)
[b]RL Equivalent Languages:[Swedish]
[b]Real Life Nation Technology Equivalent[Blank Tech]
[b]Government System (short description):[ A great Monarchy influenced by the HRE with many aristocrats ]
[b]Economic System (short description):[Capitalism where the aristocrats have control over a good chunk of the economy and the state only keeping necessary money for law and order and other things but mostly defense]
[b]Social Policies (short description):[The people have moderate devil rights and political freedoms but the aristocrats have greater freedom ]
[b]Head of State:[King Charles XIV]
[b]Head of Government:[King Charles XIV]
[b]Will you make a religion?:[Recusantry]
[b]Will you make your own calendar?:[,No]
[b]Currency:[Crown]
[b]Brief History:[These are prosperous times for Sweden the Norwegians are on there knees and the fate of Scandinavia shall be dicided in the upcoming years]
[b]Anything to add?: (I'm righting this in 3:30 am I can't wait to join)
Last edited by Albanions on Wed May 06, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cotour
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Crisis, or not

Postby Cotour » Wed May 06, 2020 10:04 am

Farmers and workers leaving - farmers 1- can't afford to leave, 2- have no idea where to go, 3- don't have anywhere better to go. The yearly massive famines don't usually cause mass migrations, and this is just some unemployment, which is probably much lower than unemployment in neighboring areas anyways. They're supposed to be doing what they can to support the revolution, not running away with little reason, and without any means to run away.

Disease - I did vaccinations and stuff, and it's not anything out of the ordinary for major outbreaks

Violence - those soldiers are executed on the spot

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Thu May 07, 2020 3:20 pm

I hope this is it. six tries I hope It doesn't make it past seven.

Change active navy to 19262 and you should be good, no need to repost once you do. it's approved immediately upon fixing that
Greater Ergonia wrote:Requesting a revision of the canon doc that all mentions of House Cadour are instead replaced with House Brunay-Bonbry

Approved
Blackburns wrote:Canon Application:
ITHRA APP

Approved but due to the conflict in Akrgaz you must put together and have approved both military factbooks for Ithra and for Akrgaz, talk to kaiser or Amerce for help. As for religion, you are free to add more to Ithra's religion and create denominations. But they must be in a factbook that includes: Beliefs, practices, denominations
Albanions wrote:Canon Application:
[b]NS Nation Name:[Albanions]
SWEDEN APP

Approved welcome to canon. For the record if you are curious why Sweden has a low GDP it was a balancing decision made by the mods when determining the strength of Kaiser's sphere of influence. The mods didn't want him to have another 30-40B in economic power.
Cotour wrote:ALL OF CONTOUR'S STUFF

For recruitment, you can recruit by volunteers 200-300k more soldiers. This is due to the misery index game mechanic, a high misery index results in people being unhappy with the player's "government." Thus not many want to volunteer. If you edit your post to reflect this the mods will edit the event post to remove the act of violence. If you stick to conscription you shall get all 1.29m but violence will stay in the event post. More soldiers can be recruited later once things improve.
For Topography we will use the Vic II map for borders but players can use IRL topography and edit the vic II map province by province if there are any errors on the vic II map.
Refugee Crisis is happening people are leaving towards MHD or whichever warlord state is closest. MHD and the warlord states are in a better spot economically than NPF.
Disease it is only 1934/1935 so diseases still happen but it's confined to the routes used by the refugees
Violence if you go ahead and attempt to conscript 1.29m new soldiers, there will be violence. You are free to respond and execute those soldiers that do, but it will lower morale and result in volunteer recruits from that point forward. If you are doing the 200-300k volunteers then no violence occured.

Acugon
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Acugon » Fri May 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Canon Application:
NS Nation Name: Acugon
Canon Nation Name: Jütland
Capital name: København
Population: 6.3m (Schleswig-Holstein + Danish 1930 pop)
Ideal Map Claims (please mark your capital): https://gyazo.com/4a62565a7e9c4f9b42e3dab2da86b478
Major Cultures: Danish, German
RL Equivalent Cultures: Danish
Major Languages (of the nation): Danish, Sonchen (German) or just Hocklandisch (Danish-German)
RL Equivalent Languages: Danish
Real Life Nation Technology Equivalent Blank Tech
Government System (short description): A heavy HCE influenced country, which is an Executive Constitutional Monarchy, where the King has great power in Parliament, however Parliament also maintains some authority. (Similar to IRL Jordan)
Economic System (short description): Capitalism, however the state keeps some of the economy for necesarry equipment such as the army, navy and police.
Social Policies (short description): Basic Civil and Human rights, however German Nobles in Schleswig-Holstein are treated better, and Freedom of Speech is limited to where you cannot insult the Crown.
Head of State: Gustin Wilhelm von Hohenzollern
Head of Government: Shared by Gustin Wilhelm and Parliament
Will you make a religion?: No.
Will you make your own calendar?: No.
Currency: Valuta
Brief History: Jütland was conquered by the HCE in the 1400s, and has been ruled by Germans ever since. The Danish are growing restless of this discrimination in their own country.
Anything to add?: Thanks for reading my application.
Last edited by Acugon on Sat May 09, 2020 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Albanions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Application For Fixing the population of the Kingdom of Swee

Postby Albanions » Fri May 08, 2020 5:22 pm

I am writing this application to fix the error I made on my application for canon where I only put the original population of Sweden and did not calculate the bounes lands from Norway. I am requesting the addition of 635k population yo The kingdom of Sweden.
Sources to the original population of Sweden:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... pEkt-sIfBg
So the new population would be around 7 million and this may seem small to the mods reading this but please understand that this would help me a and would balance Sweden
With the addition to the population the GDP would have to change to to suit the 315 GDP per capita set before to balance Sweden so:
GDP/population=GDP per capita
GDP/7mil=315
GDP->2205 million
Please consider this as the GDP of 1.9Bil has greatly diminished Sweden.
-From The Kingdom of Sweden
Last edited by Albanions on Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Sat May 09, 2020 9:13 am

Acugon wrote:Snip

lower population to 6.3M once that is done you are approved
Albanions wrote:Snip

the mods will allow the population to be increased to 6.8M and with that a FEgdp of 2142M

Greater Ergonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ergonia » Sat May 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Requesting the right to dial back time and date my post the 5th of January
♔The sun shall never set on the Ergonian Empire♔

Hey, I'm Ergonia (Also known as NAC or GA if you''ve known me that long) just your typical nerd who loves history, and world-building
I don't bite, so if you want to talk with me, shoot a telegram my way

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Sat May 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Greater Ergonia wrote:Requesting the right to dial back time and date my post the 5th of January

Approved and you can have the Funeral post happen anytime in Jan.
For all other players the current IC date is Jan 20th still

Of Zanganda and Zuno
Secretary

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Of Zanganda and Zuno » Sun May 10, 2020 7:04 am

Canon application

NS name Of Zanganda and Zuno

Canon nation Thentro

Capital Monrovia

Population 22million

Culture Kiswali

IRL equivalent Swahili

Major Languages Kiswali

Rl Equivalent Swahili

Rl nation tech equivalent Brazil

Government type Democratic socialism mostly private industry but tax's are higher on the upper class

Economic type Socialist economy spread rather evenly

Social policies Gambling is banned 6 months required military service for men

Head of state. Gerald Dinkeldurf

Head of government the grand social order party

Major Religion Christianity equivalent

Currency Friida

History

After many years of civil war one party came out on top the socialists they set about establishing a new social order that shapes the nation today.

nothing to add

EDITED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Last edited by Of Zanganda and Zuno on Thu May 14, 2020 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Albanions
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

-Request-

Postby Albanions » Sun May 10, 2020 11:52 am

I the Kingdom of Sweden request a defensive pact with Norway.
This would cost 5 points.
I have 58 points so I will be left with 53 points.

Cotour
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cotour » Sun May 10, 2020 1:03 pm

I'd like to be able to make some posts beginning Jan 1st due to ooc delays

Amaurita
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Amaurita » Sun May 10, 2020 1:34 pm

I’d like to do a military alliance with Kinania. It should cost 40 influence points (I counted 40 provinces in Kinania, but there are a few smaller provinces so I’m not sure).

Canon Application:
Your IC Nation: United States of Amaurita
NPC Nation Name: Kinania
Capital name: Beirut
Population: 6,196,000
Major Cultures: Hebrew, Assyrian
RL Equivalent Cultures: Hebrew/Middle Eastern
Major Languages (of the nation): Hebrew, Assyrian.
Last edited by Amaurita on Sun May 10, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiserlike
Attaché

Founded: Feb 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaiserlike » Sun May 10, 2020 3:01 pm

I'd like a defense pact with Eldenia
there appears to be 59 provinces so it should cost 59 points
Last edited by Kaiserlike on Sun May 10, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallo Ich bin eine Puppe aus Nieblham
Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, bitte helfen mich

Recusant > Solarism. Ich bin Kaiserlike. Osphen ist eine Fälschung

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse