NATION

PASSWORD

Heroes of Tomorrow Redux [IC | DONE]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 am

Kallen Rossweiss

Kallen giggled at Jacks insinuation. What could be hurting her? She was the invincible White Comet after all! Nothing would shatter her will or hurt her spirit!

"Oh Jack it's so nice of you to worry about me, but the mission was a success remember? Someone might of taken a bit of a beating but I'm sure they'll be up and about when they're discharged. Decapitation is hard to heal, but hero's are invincible! I'm sure a good month in the infirmary will do him good." Kallen explained, her positive demeanor never faltering.

"Now what should we do? Do you have any friends that might want to come grab some food with us?" Kallen asked, clearly offering an open invitation to create a group for a lunch outing.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

Jack Dredd

Jack was at an impasse in his mind. Someone would eventually have to break it to her, that they weren't all immortal. Would it be him? Should he just let her keep going in ignorance? Both were probably equally harmful... He suddenly wished someone else were here with them. Anyone else really, he could really make this decision. I need an adult, flashed through his mind with more than some irony.

"Uh, yeah. But..."

He decided on a compromise of the two paths.

"It's probably going to take a lot longer than a month for Tad to get up, and his hero career might be over. But, uh, yeah! Let's get lunch. Though I don't really have too many friends in the program. I'm uh... I'm not the most social guy, most of the time.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 am

Triassica wrote:Andrew "Snake Eyes" Marks

Andrew smiled as he followed the sound of Elek's distinct footsteps and eventually came to a stop along side him. The smell of delicious pizza was immense and agitated his hunger for food as he sniffed the air, letting loose a forked tongue to whip at it. "I'm good knowing where it is now." Andrew said raising a hand before walking forward, "Gosh that pizza smells good. It's funny how the other senses of blind people make up for the lacking one..."

He walked up to the door, held open by Elek and smiled upon hearing Giovanni's voice catching up to him. "Nice to meet you, Giovanni." Andrew greeted as he stepped inside, before being ushered to a table by a waiter who gave him a special menu for his accommodation, "Italy's such a big place to find so much delicious pizza. Maybe the bosses could give us vacation in Rome or Naples next time. Would love try their pizza... As for the girl, Sophia? Hmmm..."

Andrew frowned in thought, as to be honest, he was quite hurt by Sophia's behavior. "I don't know... I wanted to take Sophia out for dinner. You know? Impress a girl." He said, "Guess I made a total fool of myself not knowing where this place was and I guess she didn't like it... I get that often from girls in different ways it seems. Just glad she doesn't seem to think of me as a freak, but I don't think rooming with her is going to work out after tonight."

Andrew sighed and felt around for his menu before picking it up and rubbing a hand along the braille dots "Hmmm... That deluxe Pizza sounds good." He said, with a small grin as he tried to get back into his cheery mood, "Has everything, pepperoni, peppers, onions and mushrooms! Want to just get that as a large and divide it among ourselves? Would save me from emptying my wallet on separate pizzas..."

Elek Mohave

"Why not, I have not eaten pizza before so it will probably be the best option"

And after a brief pause he added

"What do you guys want to drink, I think I'll get Cola"

Elek then looked a little around the restaurant, it was nice and looked like it was serving good food Elek wouldn't have the chance to eat in other situation
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:48 am

Giovanni Salazar

“So Andrew is looking for love huh? Well, you're not missing much with that girl. You could get yourself someone who's at least not so rude. The cold freezes away the heart of the ruskies. And I don’t think she sees you as a freak. I doubt anyone in the Program actually does. I mean, did you ever look around…” He stopped mid sentenced once he remembered Andrew’s blindness. “Well, you technically can’t. But my point is, nearly everyone at the program can be considered a freak one way or another.”

And freaks they were. Useful ones. Otherwise DRMA would have already gotten rid of them. All of them tools with varying degrees of willingness to them. But maybe, with some luck, a smart tool could get some use out of the program aswell.

“Going back to the dinner, pizzas are smaller in Italy than what you are probably used to. We should order at least two if you guys are hungry, so pick another one you’d like to try. I was planning on getting some beer, or maybe some wine if any of you wants some. Don’t worry about the money though, dinner is my treat.” Years of villainy, and shrewdness had left the Salazar family with no shortage of money fortunately. “Benvenuti alla bella Italia.”

The young waiter came and took their orders. Things were going rather smoothly with Elek and Andrew, perhaps it was time to find out more about the rest.

“So, what do you think about the rest of the Young Guardians? Any strong opinions? I wasn’t really the most sociable one, so I’m mostly in the dark about them.”
That God's name is Abraxas

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Kodiak "Phantom" Marsden

Long ago...

“I don’t like this.”

“Don’t think anyone would like this, Tali,” Kodiak stated, staring out the barricaded window of the armored vehicle as they passed through one of the better neighborhoods but transitioned soon into the ‘wrong side of the tracks,’ somewhere that was a real slum where the people were paying close attention to the military vehicle. Especially since it had the markings of BOPE on it, a sight that hadn’t been seen around here for awhile. Fact of the matter was, this place had been lawless for months.

It was the work of metahumans, but it was also work that plenty of regular humans had their hands in. Metahumans gave them the edge to keep out the authorities. Regular gang members enforced the law of the leadership on the other regular people that lived here. They’d also taken out the other gangs around here, and now, there was an entire section of Rio de Janeiro that might as well be another country. The Visigoths were what they called themselves. Not because they had any Gothic ancestry but because they were known as well… Barbarians.

And there were little other terms to describe this brutal group. Animals, maybe. They went above and beyond what a normal gang would do. This kind of thing, it was what you expected from a war torn region. Maybe the Congo, maybe Afghanistan. But Brazil, a country that was in South America and in a city that was known around the world for the environment and the night life? That was a shocker. A blight on the entire country. It had to be removed and the locals didn’t have the know-how to do it.

Which was why mercenaries were doing the job. Powered mercenaries, but they didn’t rely on their powers. Their know how was what kept them alive, and here… They needed all of it.

“There’s someone hanging by the side of the road.”

“Not the first body that I’ve seen,” remarked Minerva, glancing over her shoulder and out the window. “Shows whose territory we’re in. Seems fitting, not like anyone is going to ask who hung it there.”

“I don’t fucking like this,” Tali repeated, burying her head in her hands as their drivers continued bringing them towards the gang held stronghold that they were supposed to help attack, as part of a large operation involving both BOPE forces and foreign mercenaries. “I might be able to get out of this easily if I need to but that doesn’t go for the rest of you.”

“Then we do the job quickly and we get out,” said Bea, or ‘Empress’, the leader of the team and the one that held it together at moments like these. “We’ve trained harder than these guys can fight. And only the ones at the top have powers, we won’t run into those for awhile-”

The armored car suddenly swerved to avoid what sounded like an explosion, and crashed into a building made of sheet metal, knocking the walls over as machine gun fire hit the sides of the metal chassis. “RPG!” shouted the driver, going into reverse to try and get out of the jam that they were in.

But the engine was quickly riddled with bullets and the vehicle stopped, and those in the back decided it would be a better idea to bail. “Everybody out,” barked Bea, jumping out the back and firing off return fire with her FAMAS before snapping herself back behind cover, waving for the others to come on.

“Where are these fuckers firing from?” asked Kodiak, looking around with her SCAR in hand, and then firing a quick burst to put down someone that popped out from an alley.

Elex was the one to chime in, reaching for a rifle that had been leaning against the inside of the truck and jumping out. “I believe the answer to that is everywhere.”

“Fuckin’ hell,” Minerva muttered, raising her own AK-12 and firing towards the rooftop where two shooters appeared out of seemingly nowhere and sprayed wildly. However, they weren’t accurate. Most of these guys weren’t. Only some of them, a minority, had actual rifles. Most of them were just carrying SMGs and pistols, the former giving them a high rate of fire but not remaining accurate from long range. Not that a lot of the shooters even knew that. Those in the streets didn’t get the best training, and these guys weren’t elites, they were the lowest level of enforcer.

Most of them had just been handed guns and told to enforce the will of the gang. And now, they were going up against the professionals who had trained since they were children to do this kind of thing, equipped with elite weapons to get the job done. It was safe to say it would cost them a high price if they dealt the mercenaries casualties here.

“Reloading,” said Minerva, allowing Bea to take over firing for her.

“How many of these motherfuckers are down so far?” Tali asked, gripping her M4 and firing more precisely rather than spraying, tapping a few heads as they appeared from alleyways. From around the corner, a truck filled with armed and hostile attackers could be seen approaching, but that was when she reached out with her power and attacked with something other than her gun.

Behind her appeared a series of metal shards, which rocketed at their enemies at rapid speed, like they were giant bullets, and they tore into the front of the truck before seemingly making the entire thing go up in a ball of flames, taking everyone on board and inside of ti with it. “Counting the ones you just took out…” said Minerva, looking around as she kept her back pressed against the truck for cover, “I would say around thirty or so.”

“Jesus. You’d think they would run out of bodies by now,” Kodiak muttered.

“Not hard to hand someone a gun and offer them a reward to do your bidding. I’m sure a lot of people here didn’t have another choice if they wanted to make a living-”

“You playing morals now, Minerva?” asked Tali, as she fired another shard of metal through a wall to take out a shooter that was hiding behind cover.

“Didn’t say I had a problem putting them down, just saying how they got here. But hey, I don’t care how sympathetic they are. They shoot at me and my friends, they can die,” she replied, before doing one final check of the area and waving for the others to follow Bea into one of the alleyways. “Area clear, let’s MOVE everyone! Go, go, go!”

And so they formed a single file line and they ran into the alley, which wasn’t guaranteed safety but would get them out of the immediate area before reinforcements showed up. Hopefully, their BOPE allies would also be able to take this chance to drive away before that backup arrived and finished them off. Or maybe they would ditch the vehicle and run, which considering the first ambush on the main road, was possible the better option. Either way, the Hawk team was getting the hell out.

Present day...

The sun had set and Kodiak had returned from the bar. Her mind was going over… Memories. And yet the memories were incomplete. Imperfect. She knew that there was some kind of difference between what she had seen in her head and what had happened in reality. Knew that there had been another teammate there and that she couldn’t remember all the details about what she had looked like or what she had done in the team but… She definitely existed. Kodiak knew what she looked like, she had seen her before.

Massive in size, with a muscular body and an eye patch that set her apart from the others. Her hair was a deep brown, her voice was… Thick. British in terms of accent, but not posh, it was deeper than that. Like she had been a part of the working class world before her life changed just like everyone else’s and she was brought into Hawk. Kodiak knew all of this somehow but at the same time she didn’t know who this was. It was as if she had been cursed to forget someone that had live and fought with her, someone that had probably been a friend. She didn’t know how, she didn’t know why, but when you were dealing with Hawk, nothing was impossible.

Even making memories just… Go away.

Kodiak sighed, knowing that Shyla knew the answer and wouldn’t say anything. Now that she thought about it, Elex was in on the answer too but both of them seemed to think that she needed to be protected. Which was bullshit. She couldn’t remember one of her teammates that was there but she could remember the Brazil mission, the one where they had went to Rio and fought off hundreds of enemies. Weak enemies with poor weapons, but still hundreds of people over the course of those couple days, when they were just one team. And there had been other situations, too, that had tested her over the years.

There was no way, she believed, that she could handle all of that and still have her life and her sanity but not be able to handle her own memories about her own life and the team that had been her entire life before getting away from Hawk. The team that had made life worth living even when she was forced to be a mercenary soldier for an organization that didn’t share the profits or even explain to her and the others what their actual objective was, while having her fight in wars that were not her own under flags that she shared no connections with. It had been rough, but she had gotten through it because of that team and… She couldn’t even remember everyone that had been there.

It bothered her on a deeper than surface level. As if she was dishonoring them by forgetting one of them, even if she hadn’t done so intentionally. Not that she knew of, anyway. And then her mind cut back to what she had remembered earlier, when she first showed up at the Guardians. The series of numbers. 777. Three numbers sounded like the back end of a Hawk ID code, but she couldn’t remember the front end. Now, that she was thinking about it, that came into her mind. M777 was the code, she had forgotten it before but it seemed it hadn’t been gone completely, just forgotten.

She sighed, and flopped down onto the couch. She’d find out eventually who M777 aas, that was for sure. She knew the first letter of the name because she already knew the Hawk ID system and what the first part of the code represented. Her own code started with K. She knew the M meant that this girl’s name started with M. But that didn’t narrow anything down, did it? Just brought her closer to something she felt like she was never going to know.

Kodiak closed her eyes, not tired but knowing that she didn’t have anything else to do, Shyla would be working on mission prep and she didn’t have other friends outside of Sage, and she didn’t want to interrupt whatever Sage was doing with Bellamy. Because Bellamy was the more important one and she had to get that through her head. She could have went to her bedroom to sleep but she was… Tired. Even if she wasn’t tired in the physical sense. She had enough energy racing through her body to stay awake but at the same time she didn’t even have enough energy to walk to bed.

It was two different senses of energy, she supposed. Physical and mental. If one meter was full right now, it meant the other one was empty.

But she had something to look forward to, at least. Hunting season, as Shyla had called it. What better way was there to reconnect with her family member and get over some of her stress than taking it out on some criminal pieces of shit? Just like the old days, really. Because regardless of their intentions, she didn’t see the Dragonborns much differently from any other organization which went around the law for their own ends, and that included the Visigoths. Just because they didn’t hang people from the street didn’t mean they weren’t enforcing mob justice, and she had seen how that turned out in other places.

She allowed herself to mutter one thing before she rested.

“Fuck mob rule…”
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Sage Shields

Sage looked down at Bellamy for a minute, a sadness settling in her eyes. She was part of the problem. She was just making things worse. Like she always did. With a heavyhearted sigh, Sage carefully set Bellamy down entirely, and stood up. She looked around at the mess in the room. Her fault to, probably. She didn't know what she did, but she could only hope it didn't ruin everything. She spoke softly, far softer than she spoke except maybe when trying to calm down terrified Carolina.

"Alright then, I'll just....be in my room if you....need me."

It took everything she had not to say want. She wasn't going to assign blame on Bellamy, not going to make Bellamy feel worse than she already did. Sage closed the door quietly behind her, tears in her eyes. Despite the momentary desire to go get wasted or some other such thing, Sage did as she said she would, and went back to her room. She kept the lights on, and sat down on the bed, idly flipping through channels, not out of any real desire to watch anything, just to distract herself.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Sraelyn wrote:Giovanni Salazar

“So, what do you think about the rest of the Young Guardians? Any strong opinions? I wasn’t really the most sociable one, so I’m mostly in the dark about them.”

Elek Mohave

"Other Young Guardians?"

Elek thought a little bit of other's he knew, there weren't too many of them but still, he knew some, maybe not enough but some

"Some are nice people, some are okay, some are not, I can't really give you a proper statement on everyone since I just don't know everyone"

The waiter has brought them drinks to their table, Elek grabbed his Coca-Cola and started to drink, it was a more of a habit to eat fast than a real hunger

"So, what are your thoughts on this vacations?"
Last edited by Endem on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gudmund
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Gudmund » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 am

Charlie Burkhall | Young Guardians | Sardinian Vacation

"What the fuck is wrong with that woman!?" Charlie seethed, pacing around his room, "talking all high and mighty then beheading one of us on a whim, you're nothing but a prideful bloodthirsty bodyguard!" he yelled, slinging a haymaker into the wall with a loud thud, pulling his hand away to reveal a fist shaped dent.

Staring at the wall, Charlie thought about what happened, letting it sink in just how pathetically weak he felt at that time. He could survive a beheading, and admittedly the guy who died was a bit of an ass. Shaking his head, his thoughts wandered as he looked at his door, hoping nobody heard is uncharacteristic temper tantrum. It didn't matter in the long run, it wasn't his problem anymore, dwelling on the past like this wasn't worth it. One of his squadmates, Kallen he believed, didn't seem too good afterwards. He'd accidentally killed criminals, and purposely hurt criminals before, but he was always in control of the situation.

"Ah fuck it," Charlie groaned, slowly shifting out of his large frame with a puff of red mist, "maybe I should go talk to the others," he finished, his voice now much higher than his larger form.

As Charlie's form set in, his clothing and tactical gear slunk off of his body into a pile on the floor. He was once again in semi-default form. Whipping out his phone he skimmed through his social media, noticing all the commotion about the recent incident. It was almost surreal how he was apart of something so overwhelmingly important. Pulling out some fitting gear from his closet he dressed up, wondering if he'll be able to make sense of all the street names written in Sard. Things seemed to be ramping up lately, so he quickly typed up a quick post before leaving his room to find someone to speak with. Charlie desperately needed to clear his head. Barely two minutes passed before he started speaking with another Young Guardians member named Jacob.

Default form, white t-shirt, grey jacket, jeans.

ShiftyBoi
Russia

1.6K PEOPLE LIKED THIS POST
Hey everyone, I won't be online for a few weeks. Some weird shit has happened IRL and I'll need some time to sort things out.

Jacob Philander | Young Guardians | Sardinian Vacation

Jacob was feeling rather glum, browsing the local book store for anything even remotely magical. Unfortunately, he could neither read nor speak the language here, something which had managed to slip by his usually acute mind. "No matter," he thought, feeling rather embarrassed as he blankly stared at the obvious signage in another language, "it's not like anyone will know." For a moment, he wondered if the creature possessing him was aware of everything he did. They've been together far too long to worry about that, and he was honestly thankful it didn't speak to him.

After a moment of Jacob decided it would be best if he went back to the hotel, he apparently had a mission coming up and being late just wouldn't do. Some of the others just finished their own missions, so maybe he could strike up a conversation. Taking the shortest route back the hotel he finally arrived, making his way through the building this room. There was a guy he'd seen before, but never spoken with, hurriedly walking away with a tense expression.

"Hey man, you okay? Something wrong?" he asked, surprised by the rapid change in the other man's expression, "I'm Jacob, also a Young Guardian. I've seen you around a few times but we've never talked," he explained, motioning his arm forward for a handshake.

The other man quickly shook his hand, putting on a smile as if he'd just found a righteous saviour, "Hello! I'm Charlie, ah... I think I've seen you before. I think the others are having right now, I'll be heading down there, feel free to chat with me anytime."

"Of course, I might have to leave suddenly though, I'll just prepare some stuff back in my room and maybe head back down," Jacob responded, turning around and giving a single wave at his new acquaintance.

Anton Chebringer | Prodigy Initiative

Of all the mistakes he's made in life, joining a group of young villains wasn't even close to being his worst. Anton was a strange man, verging on creepy, fawning over statues and dolls like a possessive madman. His unique powers were the cause, but not many knew that at first glance. He'd gone to great lengths wreaking havoc for the DRMA, making a small fortune off stolen art he'd sell on the black market, and yet despite his wealth and skill he was sick of doing things alone. No matter how hard he tried he simply couldn't outperform large criminal organisations, he alone could not take down the DRMA and instill fear among those who'd betrayed him. While he couldn't care less about the general populace, he had to admit joining a like-minded group would certainly bring many benefits.

The Prodigy Initiative looked like just what he needed, something that could push him beyond his limits. The Preacher was certainly knowledgeable, having done way more perilous crimes he couldn't even begin to get his head around. Compared to him Anton might as well be a car thief, especially since his reputation barely covered Switzerland. He wasn't confident in coming without anything to control, he had his weapons on hand, but he'd have to start anew here and gather more objects to control. He couldn't exactly take any of his half tonne statues on the ride, so they'd be shipped over sometime next week. All he had with him was his mother's doll. It was almost certain these people knew his true identity, but nethertheless he'd arrived in full costume; mask and all.

Walking up to the Preacher, Anton asked his questions, "Hello, do the facilities here support sculpting? It's a pretty messy process that takes days at a time," he said, pulling out a 29cm tall doll from his bag and carefully placing it on the ground, "I don't suppose you have any useful tips for working here too?" he added, pushing the doll like a toddler and watching as it walked towards the building, despite being made of porcelain the cloth flowed as if it was the real thing, the poor paint job and small size being the only indication that it wasn't a real person, "don't mind her."
Last edited by Gudmund on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Civilisation:
Tier 8, Level 3, Type 7
An 8.625 civilization - according to this index
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Leader: Albani Gudmund
Setting: FT (2060+), the ruling nation of a non-human, low population, galactic Empire spanning just beyond its solar system. Primarily using advanced, mass-produced droids to handle most menial tasks and to fill the ranks of its military alongside living soldiers.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:44 am

Guillermo Marco

Guillermo just returned from his parent's way feeling way better than before. He was walking kinda pointlessly around the resort when he overheard a conversation, it was between Kallen Rossweiss and Jack Dredd, he didn't know them personally but he saw enough internet to know their names, powers and other such things that would be publicly available. He walked near them and said

"Hello, I'm Guillermo and you are Kallen and Jack I presume"

Okay, everything is going fine now try talking more

"I'm one of the recruits, and I'm a big fan of other Guardians"

What are you doing? I didn't say you should do it

"Can I have your autographs?"

Good dammit you did it you bastard, okay you said it, good luck with trying to befriend them

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:03 am

Jack Dredd

Well, that was unexpected. A fan? Did he have any of those? Maybe he just was a fan of the team? This raised a lot of questions, but he had time for answering his questions later.

"Oh hey, you're a teammate? New guy, I presume?"

Jack searched himself for a pen and paper, wanting to give the obviously excited meta his autograph. But, he'd never gotten into the habit of carrying them. He made a mental note to start, mainly for his own convienence, but for now, he'd see if Guillermo had one.

"I'm sorry, I don't have anything to write with. Or sign, for that matter. You wouldn't happen to have a pen and paper, would you?"
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 am

Guillermo Marco

"I do happen to have them"

Guillermo pulled out a small piece of paper and a pencil with signs of being used before

"I'm not that new, it's just I... It's embarrassing, can I not tell"

Guillermo handed the paper to Jack and asked him

"How does the skin hardening work?"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 am

Jack Dredd

Ah, he was shy. Well, that certainly made sense, what with this being the first time he'd seen him.

"Thanks."

He took the paper and signed it, handing it back to his teammate.

"As for the skin hardening..."

He called back to the memories in his head, trying to remember if he'd ever actually figured it out. He had vague impressions that some science guy had once explained how his cell membranes were rock solid, and that made him practically invulnerable to physical attack.

"I seem to remember being told that my cell membranes can harden themselves to an insane degree. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I can block a bullet, so I don't really question it too much."
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 am

Guillermo Marco

"Blocking bullets is probably better than mine power..."

Guillermo looked down and in the direction of the place where the box with his tarantula was, it could have been seen from where he was standing like it was just beside, in a matter of fact, it was, he once again directed himself towards Jack

"I heard you were on some missions, what is it like?"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 am

Jack Dredd

"The missions, huh? Mostly adrenaline. And a lot of pain. I remember, last mission I was on I nearly got myself decapitated. One before that, had a magic dog chomp down so hard on my leg it snapped, and got my eye put out by some terminal velocity glass. In the end, missions vary a heluva lot, but they're all interesting. So you, say your power is worse than mine. What is it?"

He always liked knowing powers of his teammates, considering he'd probably end up fighting alongside them. And, he might have to fight against them. Who knows what kind of mind controllers were running about.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:46 am

Guillermo Marco

"I can control any Invertebrate in a radius of 50 meters around me, and make them move up to 200 meters away from me, I'll show you"

Guillermo then went for his Tarantula and opened its box, he then activated his power and knew all invertebrates, where they were and which species they were and then he connected to them, his senses became one of its Tarantula and his own eyes became milk-white, he commanded her to crawl on to his head

"And here, it is everything I can do, so what are the oth-"

He then thought of something

"Should I deactivate my power or is it fine?"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Jack Dredd

"Damn. That's strong as hell, no idea what you're talking about! You could take care of an entire division without making a sound. You could kill someone from the inside out. Endless possibilities. And your just fine. Not much rattles me, not anymore. So, you got any hero experience?"

Strong power, that was for sure. He just had to use it right.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 pm

Guillermo Marco

"Past Hero experience, now, never I never tried being a hero before this"

Guillermo thought of the days before getting into Young Guardians, he mostly used his power do to his chores and other such very non-hero stuff, then he thought about what Jack said

"What, no, I don't want to kill anyone, I mostly find invertebrates to be either freaky or scary for most people, and that's what I want to do, scare the bad guys away"

He then asked the question he wanted to say before

"What do you think of other Young Guardians?"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Jack Dredd

"Not a killer, eh? I don't blame you. Here's a tip; don't do it once, or you'll do it again. Caught me like that, but I got a feeling you'll be different. As for the other heroes around here? They range from AIs, to that hardasd Kodiak, though don't tell her I said that, to absolute geniuses. Then there's a few I'd put my life on the line for, though I figure you'll meet them soon enough. Missions can bring anyone together, I've found. Now, I got a question. Ya hungry, cause I sure as heck am."

Jack liked the new guy. He was a refreshung burst of innocence among the team.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Guillermo Marco

"Hungry..."

Guillermo thought about it for a good while, he was just had lunch with his parents

"Not really, I just ate lunch with my parents, but if you are looking for a place where you can eat, traditional Sardinian things I can ask my parents if they are willing to make something"

He then closed a little bit of distance between him and Jack and whispered

"Don't tell anyone but my father has the traditional Sardinian cheese, you know the one, this one with maggots, I can get maggots out of it if you want"

He then commanded his Tarantula to get back to her's box and as he closed it he deactivated his power

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Jack Dredd

"Traditional Sardinian, you say? Well, color me intrigued. I'd be honored to eat in your parent's kitchen, if they so wish. Though I will take you up on that offer to get out the maggots. I'm brave, but not that brave. Will you be joining us, dear Kallen?"

Well, that covered lunch. He wondered if he'd like sardinian food. Even if he didn't, he could stomach practically anything.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Guillermo Marco

"Oh great, I'll just phone my mother"

He then got out his phone and dialed his mother's number

"( In Italian ) Hi mom, can you prepare lunch?"

*mumbling from phone*

"( in Italian )No not for me, for, some people from the program"

*mumbling from phone*

"( In Italian ) Great, no I don't think they think of me as a friend, I hope they do"

*mumbling from phone*

"( In Italian ) Can you get dad to phone"

*mumbling*

"( Italian ) Hi dad, can you prepare the cheese, yes this cheese"

*mumbling*

"( Italian ) bye"

Guillermo then directed himself towards Jack and said

"They said they will make something, I'll lead you there"
Last edited by Endem on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Jack Dredd

"Great! Let's go."

He grabbed Kallen by the arm.

"And you're coming with, Kallen. You said we were eating together, and I'm holding you to that. Now, off we go!"

He was happy. It was a fine day, and he was about to have some fine food.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Guillermo Marco

He gestured for them to follow him, they were before his parents home in no time, they were seated on plastic chairs on Guillermo's parents home balcony as his mother brought some local dishes ( culurgiones, Gallurese soup for the first course, Cordula for the second course ) thought it was more nighttime than day when everything was on the table. Guillermo's father brought in the slice of cheese with maggots and Guillermo whispered something into his ear then he used his power to get out maggots out of it, well from the part that Jack and Kallen were supposed to eat. Guillermo gestured towards the food on the plastic table

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Jack Dredd

Jack was amazed. A spread like this? And on such short notice. He struggled to remember the last home made meal he'd had, and found he couldn't.

"This food is delicious! I'm curious; what's in it?"

He took another bite, obviously loving the food.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Guillermo Marco

"After you finish eating you can ask my mom, I never really got around cooking, I would like to learn it someday but, I think my mom would first need to see me get a girlfriend to teach me how to cook any of this"

He smiled a little to Jack and gestured towards the cheese

"Maybe you would like some cheese, I removed the maggots from it but it doesn't taste the same when they aren't there"

He then got himself a piece of the cheese ( the one in which there were still maggots ) and thought about how lucky they were his mother had all those leftovers on hand
Last edited by Endem on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse