NATION

PASSWORD

Milford-Gaudier Academy [OOC, MOVED OFFSITE, Pt. I]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Luka Miranda

Role: Student

Appearance: Image

Height and Weight: 6 ft 3 in, 179

Short-bio: Miranda came from Valencia, Spain from a fairly wealthy family. His childhood was spent mostly attending a traditional Catholic school until his parents departed with the religion, a marking moment in his life. He had always showed a strong personality, with a deep focus in asserting himself despite whoever else opposed him. As a child, he was often a loner and did not make many friends outside of one girl though it was short lived. It was during middle school that he began to realize that he was gay and with changing thoughts on the matter in Europe, he decided to come out. It was met with its fair share of support and criticism from the students and he largely remained an outsider. It was then when his family, who despite the pleasures of the European educational system and its many opportunities, sought to introduce their only son to American education once he entered his teen years.

For high school, they sent him to Milford-Gaudier Academy after his mother falling for the charming school. He was sent and flourished during his freshman year, developing many friendships albeit surface level. He has enjoyed rooming with a variety of people and is considered an easy person to get along with along one does not cross him. Luke joined the student government his freshman year and with teachers supporting his writing and speaking ability, he sought the Class Presidency his sophomore year. It was a brilliant success where he was able to organize several charity drives throughout the year and the first blood drive for the school. He has done well at school, far from the smartest but retains above average success in English, foreign language, and History. This year, he seeks to continue his student leadership and to focus more on math and science after some minor complaints from his parents.

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED INFORMATION

Birthday: June 27th, 2002

Hometown: Valencia, Spain

Personality: Despite being generally personable, he is often passive-aggressive, with a desire to avoid direct confrontation and instead opting for more subtle methods. This results in him often putting up a front of a happy, excited, and capable person to people despite internally often masking feelings of resentment or anger. Due to his long time in employing this technique, he has gotten fairly good at it and rarely do people meet him under this shell he has created.

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Likes: Vegetarian food, Latin music, Dancing of all forms, Politics often tending to fall as a hard liberal, Debating, and Philosophy, in particular, Roman thinkers before the Imperial Age

Dislikes: Confrontation, Rock music, Most candies and chocolates, Self-help books, People believing they are better than others, Egos of large sizes, Social media in all forms

Skills: Speaks Spanish, Decent cook though improving steadily

Disorders/Handicaps: None

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears that he will not fulfill his parent's expectations and potentially opening up to the wrong person, Wishes to find strong friendships and a potential love interest, and Goals are to pursue a career in international studies and politics maybe beginning in the United States or back in Spain

Distinguishing Marks: Scar on leg from falling into a barbed wire fence during middle school

Voice: Voice of Conan Gray, though lacks the developed singing voice but the potential is there

Other: Potato Salad...though prefers Beet salad, Intends to pursue class presidency once again, Has not had his first kiss or first anything really, Parents grant him a generous allowance

#Hershey (Don't remove this)
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Luka Miranda

Appearance: (Image)

Height and Weight: 6 ft 3 in, 179

Short-bio: Miranda came from Valencia, Spain from a fairly wealthy family. His childhood was spent mostly attending a traditional Catholic school until his parents departed with the religion, a marking moment in his life. He had always showed a strong personality, with a deep focus in asserting himself despite whoever else opposed him. As a child, he was often a loner and did not make many friends outside of one girl though it was short lived. It was during middle school that he began to realize that he was gay and with changing thoughts on the matter in Europe, he decided to come out. It was met with its fair share of support and criticism from the students and he largely remained an outsider. It was then when his family, who despite the pleasures of the European educational system and its many opportunities, sought to introduce their only son to American education once he entered his teen years.

For high school, they sent him to Milford-Gaudier Academy after his mother falling for the charming school. He was sent and flourished during his freshman year, developing many friendships albeit surface level. He has enjoyed rooming with a variety of people and is considered an easy person to get along with along one does not cross him. Luke joined the student government his freshman year and with teachers supporting his writing and speaking ability, he sought the Class Presidency his sophomore year. It was a brilliant success where he was able to organize several charity drives throughout the year and the first blood drive for the school. He has done well at school, far from the smartest but retains above average success in English, foreign language, and History. This year, he seeks to continue his student leadership and to focus more on math and science after some minor complaints from his parents.

Birthday: June 27th, 2002

Hometown: Valencia, Spain

Personality: Despite being generally personable, he is often passive-aggressive, with a desire to avoid direct confrontation and instead opting for more subtle methods. This results in him often putting up a front of a happy, excited, and capable person to people despite internally often masking feelings of resentment or anger. Due to his long time in employing this technique, he has gotten fairly good at it and rarely do people meet him under this shell he has created.

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Likes: Vegetarian food, Latin music, Dancing of all forms, Politics often tending to fall as a hard liberal, Debating, and Philosophy, in particular, Roman thinkers before the Imperial Age

Dislikes: Confrontation, Rock music, Most candies and chocolates, Self-help books, People believing they are better than others, Egos of large sizes, Social media in all forms

Skills: Speaks Spanish, Decent cook though improving steadily

Disorders/Handicaps: None

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears that he will not fulfill his parent's expectations and potentially opening up to the wrong person, Wishes to find strong friendships and a potential love interest, and Goals are to pursue a career in international studies and politics maybe beginning in the United States or back in Spain

Distinguishing Marks: Scar on leg from falling into a barbed wire fence during middle school

Voice: Voice of Conan Gray, though lacks the developed singing voice but the potential is there

Other: Potato Salad...though prefers Beet salad, Intends to pursue class presidency once again, Has not had his first kiss or first anything really, Parents grant him a generous allowance

Accepted.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Theresa Richards
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5'6, 120
Short-bio: Born, and raised, in Salem, Oregon within a single-parent household after her father, a firefighter, died on the scene in response to a significant fire within the city limits when she was only six years of age. Throughout her childhood, Theresa struggled while at grammar school to make friends or to truly and completely "fit in." The issues are only confounded when Theresa's mother had to take a second job, following her father's passing, simply to be able to pay the bills and to some accrue college money for Theresa and her siblings. In the face of so many insurmountable odds, Theresa found dedication in sports and athletics, especially soccer - yet not limited to it. Given her familial situation, and the vast improvement she made in her grades, and her considerable athletic talents, Theresa was awarded a scholarship to attend the prestigious Milford-Gaudier Academy, thanks in large part to her father's former Chief having been an alumni of the institution, and wrote an extensive letter of recommendation, along with a detailed description of her immediate situation. Since her freshman year, Theresa has been a student at the school, and has worked diligently to maintain only the highest of grades and has displayed the worth ethic and moral character of a genuine leader, landing her the captain role of the varsity soccer team.

Birthday: August 20th.
Hometown: Salem, Oregon.
Personality: Theresa has a quiet confidence about her, having overcome numerous life-challenges to get to where she is, and has learned to value the relationships she has in her life. Theresa strives for excellence, despises mediocrity and especially those who are content with settling for it, and will rarely if ever let anyone else out-work her, regardless of whether it is on the field, in the weight room, or in the classroom. Theresa is generally friendly to those who approach her, yet also generally won't go out of her way to getting to know others too well.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Likes: Sports of all kinds (especially soccer), academics, the outdoors, liberal politics, agnosticism/atheism.
Dislikes: Religion, conservative politics, video gaming (generally), wasted potential.
Skills: Aside from her skills in most of anything athletic, and soccer in particular, Theresa has developed a capability of cooking an impressive repertoire of foods - having to pick up the slack for her siblings occasionally while her mother worked two jobs nearly every single day.
Disorders/Handicaps: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Losing her mother is Theresa's greatest fear. Yet, to someday make any professional team of any league would be Theresa's greatest wish-come-true.
Distinguishing Marks: None
Voice:
Other: Potato salad.

* Created and reserved for another specific player to, eventually, take over.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 am

I can't decide if I want Curtis to board or not. If he does, expect him to be the kid who has a lot of unexplained absenses the school can't account for.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:21 am

Oh yeah, all my characters are rooming by the way.

Edit: Unless there's any objections, Cassandra can be in one of the currently empty rooms, so can Claudia, and Scarlett can room with Edward and Janet. Again, unless there are preferences for something else or ideas already.
Last edited by Corrian on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ikilina
Secretary

Founded: Feb 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikilina » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:35 am

REQUIRED INFORMATION
Name: Ibrahim Benhamed
Role: *Student*
Appearance: *Image*
Height and Weight: 1m82, 76 kg
Short-bio: *He is a brilliant student coming from really poor background. His greatfather was Algerian and he moved to France after the war. His father left when he was 6. Him, his parents and his 3 brothers (he's the oldest) lived is Paris's suburbs until he was 16. After one of his brothers got shot by a policeman, he has decided to move : anything but France. That's why he came here in the US. He has also started Thai Boxing for his self defense.*

Birthday: December 7th
Hometown: Sarcelles, Ile de France, France
Personality: Very intelligent, kind and open-minded, but slightly paranoid and gets easily angry
Dislikes: Police, very wealthy people
Skills: Thai Boxing (good in fighting), speaks French (so he's strong in French class).
Disorders/Handicaps: Was depressed when his brother got shot, but now it's better.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears to be shot like his brother, especially in a country which authorizes guns ; Wishes to have a GF :roll: ; his goal isn't to rule any country, but to earn enough money to keep his family safe and sound.
Distinguishing Marks: *Always dresses with jogging, like on the picture*
Voice: *French accent when speaking english, Algerian accent when spaking French*
Other: *sometimes his brothers comes to see him.
Notice that he's not interested at all in US politics, he's a communist so none of the US parties is good for him (being communist is very common in French suburbs*
As a good communist, he often eats potato salad.

I apply for ROOM 3 if my character is accepted. If ROOM 3 is full, then ROOM 5.
Edit : I can go with girls too :roll:
Last edited by Ikilina on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:19 am

Ikilina wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION
Appearance: *(Image)*
Short-bio: *He is a brilliant student coming from really poor background. His greatfather was Algerian and he moved to France after the war. His father left when he was 6. Him, his parents and his 3 brothers (he's the oldest) lived is Paris's suburbs until he was 16. After one of his brothers got shot by a policeman, he has decided to move : anything but France. That's why he came here in the US. He has also started Thai Boxing for his self defense.*

Personality: Very intelligent, kind and open-minded, but slightly paranoid and gets easily angry
Skills: Thai Boxing (good in fighting), speaks French (so he's strong in French class).
Disorders/Handicaps: Was depressed when his brother got shot, but now it's better.
Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears to be shot like his brother, especially in a country which authorizes guns ; Wishes to have a GF :roll: ; his goal isn't to rule any country, but to earn enough money to keep his family safe and sound.
Voice: *French accent when speaking english, Algerian accent when spaking French*
Notice that he's not interested at all in US politics, he's a communist so none of the US parties is good for him (being communist is very common in French suburbs*

I would recommend a once-over look over the rules. You'll know it when you will see it. ;)

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Recon wrote:If we have a bit of an influx of characters. Can Ryo go into Room 2? I`ve been talking with Kyraina and I`ve worked with Elejaime in the past. Also maybe Ryo can do some pitching for the Baseball team?

I`m working on his first post now, I’ll have him coming to assembly at the end. My bad on the delay.

It also probably helps that not only will he boarding with a fellow member of the baseball team (Adam) but it also helps that Peter quite likes baseball as well. Granted, it might be a little bit awkward due to the face that one's a Blue Jays fan (Peter), one supports the Mets and Cards (Adam) and I'm not sure which team/s Ryo supports but at least they could all hopefully be united by their mutual dislike of the Yankees*.

* Even though my ex-girlfriend that I'm on good terms with likes them.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I can't decide if I want Curtis to board or not. If he does, expect him to be the kid who has a lot of unexplained absenses the school can't account for.

If all else fails, don't be afraid to flip a coin to help you decide.

Also, I'm going to be bringing back the International Club that Recon suggested to me over TG a while back. I've also brought this up in the Discord (and Corri said that Karena would be interested in joining) but I figured I'll mention it here just in case. Either way, if there are any foreign students who'd need a bit of help settling into America (or if there are any homegrown students who are interested in learning more about other cultures), then it might be worth joining in.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Just to clarify, Teddy won't be living on-campus due to the close proximity of his apartment to the school. Probably self-explanatory given that I never requested a room, but just wanted to ensure there was no confusion over it.
yea bro idk

Ikilina
Secretary

Founded: Feb 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ikilina » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Ikilina wrote:REQUIRED INFORMATION
Appearance: *(Image)*

I would recommend a once-over look over the rules. You'll know it when you will see it. ;)

Well I don't :eyebrow:
I mean, if the problem is realism, it's really common to know someone who got shot when you live in French suburbs...

Peoples shara
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples shara » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Ikilina wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I would recommend a once-over look over the rules. You'll know it when you will see it. ;)

Well I don't :eyebrow:
I mean, if the problem is realism, it's really common to know someone who got shot when you live in French suburbs...

He is saying about "potato salad".
Emazia and Latvijas Otra Republika rude Meelducan nice sucking toes bad! Greater Arab State very bad, i not like!!!!!!!

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Indeed, it is to ensure one reads over the rules thoroughly before applying.

You might have overlooked it, but a mere simple-edit would suffice.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Okay, so I have a confession to make - I've been interested in joining one of those school RPs for a while now, but I'm not familiar with the (high school) student life that much.

I might try to get invloved in school politics.
Last edited by Alozia on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Alozia wrote:Okay, so I have a confession to make - I've been interested in joining one of those school RPs for a while now, but I'm not familiar with the (high school) student life that much.

Silly boy, why would you make such a confession on the internet for all to see for eternity?!

It's actually a rather seamless transition, even for the unfamiliar.

Student government, of course, is quite a strong matter of intrigue. Vaq and Xath, both, are involved and would likely be highly political characters, relative for a teenager, thus you may opt to join the clique they appear to be forming.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Alozia wrote:Okay, so I have a confession to make - I've been interested in joining one of those school RPs for a while now, but I'm not familiar with the (high school) student life that much.

Silly boy, why would you make such a confession on the internet for all to see for eternity?!

Student government, of course, is quite a strong matter of intrigue. Vaq and Xath, both, are involved and would likely be highly political characters, relative for a teenager, thus you may opt to join the clique they appear to be forming.

Not the last thing I'll end up confessing on the internet, probably. :P

I'll look into it. I might have an idea what kind of character I could go for.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

With you three involved, I'm looking forward to the potential for student council elections.

(We will still get TNS to run polling data)
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:22 pm

There’s a student government? Ryan would be interested.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Silly boy, why would you make such a confession on the internet for all to see for eternity?!

There’s a student government? Ryan would be interested.

Noted.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Twelve Islands, I am not sure if you had gotten my message, but I am handing off control of Blake (whose application has been edited) to the original owner of the character, Flattnerk.

I will let him type up the response to Jimmy.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

I'll try to get one of my characters to speak with Ernest, but curious as to who else is specifically requesting/awaiting for interaction.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kirstenland
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirstenland » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Tagging

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Alozia wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Silly boy, why would you make such a confession on the internet for all to see for eternity?!

Not the last thing I'll end up confessing on the internet, probably. :P

Liam is head of the Bluebird Dems and is Junior Class Sec, they can be friends if you like, I'm thinking about forming a little clique/friend group like Imp said.
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Sorry about the but you wouldn't mind if I make an app for this RP? Sorry again.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Alozia wrote:Not the last thing I'll end up confessing on the internet, probably. :P

Liam is head of the Bluebird Dems and is Junior Class Sec, they can be friends if you like, I'm thinking about forming a little clique/friend group like Imp said.

I'm interested to hear more about Bluebird Dems, as a simple google search doesn't come up with anything.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Alozia wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

I'm interested to hear more about Bluebird Dems, as a simple google search doesn't come up with anything.

Just the name I came up with for the Young Democrats at the school, since the mascot is the bluebird.
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse