NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: The New Guard [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Are We Heroes: The New Guard [OOC]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:26 pm

"Our fight is never over. Remember that. I have lost friends, and I have lost allies to this war that grips our world. I won't lie to you: there is no safety from this day forward. By pledging your life to this cause you put yourself at risk to pay the ultimate price as the ones before us have done. If you would, join me in a moment of silence for the fallen..."

For most of history, the existence of metahumans remained a secret to most of the world. That changed only as recently as the 1960s. Bogdan Alexeev, also known by the alias плеть (Scourge), set in motion a series of confrontations with the Russian Army in St. Petersburg. These encounters made the existence of metahumans known to the public. This event, soon known as the 'St. Petersburg Incident', resulted in the destruction of multiple blocks of the Petrogradsky district. Hundreds lost their lives, and thousands more were wounded. The event would later be categorized as a humanitarian disaster prompted an emergency meeting of the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council.

Three days after the St. Petersburg Incident, the UN assembled prominent world leaders to discuss the now public "mutant menace". Most of the nations in place were forced to reveal that they had, for some time prior to the St. Petersburg Incident, formed top-secret government-funded programs to monitor and maintain their countries' metahuman populations without letting the general public gain knowledge. Amidst these reveals, four countries stepped forward: The United States, United Kingdom, France, and the Soviet Union. These countries not only admitted to the existence of their mutant-monitoring agencies, but also revealed data on the species that would be known as Homo Melior, as well as technology capable of safely containing the vast majority of metahumans.

With this knowledge, a new piece of legislation was proposed. The Mutant And Super Security Bill, or M.A.S.S. act. Parts of the bill were passed into international law, and the domestic aspects were taken and modified by nearly all of the UN member nations. The M.A.S.S. Act 'officially' founded the organization CADMUS, and its sister organizations in other countries, and made it legal to detain suspected mutants with very few exceptions. In its essence, the M.A.S.S. Act stated that the rights of Metahumans would be suspended, and that it would be the right of the World Governments to detain, study, and if necessary, eliminate mutants, enhanced humans, and gifted persons.

The Civil Rights acts of the late 1960s grew to encompass metahumans within the umbrella of those crying out for equality, but the Meta Equality Movement, also known as the M-Rights Movement, only truly gained traction in 1979, continuing to burn through the 80s. On one end, the U.S. Department of Defense formed a secretive group called Unit M, a team composed of militarized metahumans under CADMUS' supervision to take on missions that did not have the official U.S. stamp of approval. Unit M served secretly in the Soviet-Afghan war, disbanding in 1984 with the formation of the St. Petersburg Accords.

The St. Petersburg Accords were groundbreaking legislation designed to give rights to Homo Melior for the first time in modern history. It disbanded the organizations that persecuted metas, such as CADMUS and the European UMTF. Furthermore, it established an international organization called ARGUS, which was founded with the duty of monitoring superhuman activity, making sure that metas still followed laws, but also allowing them to combat villains which would be too much of a challenge for non-meta law enforcement. In other words, it allowed the creation of Superheroes.

The fighting between heroes and villains remained low-key for some time, until the 1990s, when one moment changed everything. This incident was the catalyst that ignited a true and proper war between heroes and villains- the Chicago Incident. Jason Blackwood and Dr. Lance Turner, two members of a group called The Chosen, arrived at the O'Hare International Airport and attempted to enter the city. Blackwood made it through security, but Dr. Turner was flagged as an unsanctioned mutant by blood screening. Turner, known by his alias Corpus, began to lay waste to every living soul around him, turning the airport into a bloodbath. Blackwood accessed magical powers of his own, soon joining in the massacre.

Cypher's renown reached its peak when an organization calling itself Ouroboros attempted to destabilize several World Governments. They made a grand demonstration, and their success seemed inevitable. But Cypher showed his face and offered them one chance to stand down. They refused. In a single instant, before the first shot was fired, Ouroboros was destroyed.

Global crime rates plummeted, especially those related to Metahuman activities. Most heroes began to rest on their laurels, and some of the more seasoned ones to retire. Still, regardless of their apparent success, the cynical crime fighters knew that the Villains weren't done yet. With a drop in hero numbers, Cypher gathered leaders of the still strong teams and founded the William J. Nantz Institution to train young prospective heroes. They seek out the best and most promising young metahumans who have the highest potential to become heroes

"...But, as always, the Villains are regrouping. They are crawling back out into the light to use their powers and force their will upon the canvas of the world. It is your job to rise to the occasion and meed them head-on. Today, you officially join the ranks of sanctioned Heroes. Today you join the ranks of the New Guard."
-Cypher, William J. Nantz institution Graduation speech, 2023

Hello and welcome. This iteration of AWH takes place four years after the events of the previous version (Rekindled), of which, the events will be considered loose canon. This will be open world, so it is up to you to be involved and find things to do. You can be either a hero or villain, but you should be a newer and relatively unknown hero/villain.

I urge you to interact with other players and their characters. If you're a hero, pick a fight with a villain, and vice versa. Make rivalries, get revenge, you know... metahuman things. I will be running a few Hero and villain groups, and coordinating with Okayanos, our Co-OP, to have some large and over-arching threats to keep you all entertained from time to time.

On the matter of teams, you are free to form teams with other players, but you can't make an entire roster yourself. For now, all players will be limited to two characters with exceptions given on a case by case basis.

Rules
  1. The words of the OP and Co-OP are final in deciding matters
  2. Don't be a jerk, disrespecting another player or OP will result in you being banned from this and future AWH threads
  3. Limited to two characters per player for the moment
  4. There is a discord so we can increase coordination for the plot and to aid in the writing in scenes heavy in dialogue or back and forth exchanges. You will receive a link to the discord in your telegrams after your application has been reviewed and accepted
  5. It is YOUR responsibility to be aware of the plot and what is happening ICly. If your post contradicts what has already been established, you will be required to edit your post to fit.
  6. It is YOUR responsibility to find things for your character to do. There will be bountiful opportunities for your characters, but getting them in there is your job, not mine or the Co-ops
  7. However, if you get your character involved in the action and your inactivity is holding things up, I as the OP and the other co-ops reserve the right to take control of your character temporarily
  8. See the Character Creation section for banned character elements and powers
  9. Play responsibly and realistically. Your character may have superpowers, but make them a believable character as much as you can. If you make a jerk character or have them do outrageous things, expect realistic consequences. If you take on a villain team full of killers on your own, expect to die.
  10. DO NOT godmod or metagame. Be aware of what your character can do with respect to other characters, and be aware of what your character can logically be aware of. If a tree falls in the forest, don't have your character know about it unless they were A) there, B) told about it, or C) have power that allow them to know about falling trees

Character Creation

Alright, now lets get on to the fun stuff. After talking with my Co-op, we've come up with several things that we do and do not want to see in the RP. I am not going to enforce/suggest these things for no reason, granted some of them come down to personal preference but I promise I am not trying to take away your fun whatsoever. If you can't abide by the rules above or by what follows, I encourage you to look at the Multiverse community and either find somewhere that has what you're looking for or make your own space to include it. I do hope, however, that you decide to stick around here!

Powers: A very important element of superhuman rps is obviously the powers. In my experience in RPing, there are some powers that just really aren't fun to play against, or that unbalance things. I have also seen powers abused and twisted from their original interpretation. For that reason, I wanted to set aside this little portion to talk about them and help you understand what powers I will and won't accept for your character to have. The first banned power is Time Manipulation and similar abilities. If your character can stop time, there is literally nothing any other non-time manipulating character can do to stop you from killing pretty much everyone. So your character may not stop time, freeze time, slow time, accelerate time, or time travel either forward, backwards, or sideways (timeline hopping). The second banned power is super speed greater than 100 mph. Speedsters present much of the same complications that time manipulators can cause, namely the ability to kill other player characters before they have a chance to defend themselves sans metagaming or godmoding. The third banned power is precognition. This is only partially due to 'cogs ability to metagame with an IC excuse, but they can ruin plot twists (if the op allows them to by telling them what is going to happen) and/or they can state things and say 'well, my char has precog'. So I am going to avoid all that by banning precognition for player characters. The forth banned power is direct mind control and similar abilities that take control away from other players (note this is basically the general theme for the other banned powers; they take away other player's freedom or lessen it).

What I would like to see are more innovative abilities alongside the old classics. Try and be creative with your powers and abilities if you want, but don't make your character over powered. I'll talk more about balancing in the next section, but even if you say 'I won't abuse that power' I don't care: if your character has an ability that can be exploited to turn into something op, I won't allow it despite how many times you cross your heart and hope to die.
  • Time Manipulation
  • Super speed > 100 mph
  • Precognition
  • Mind control
  • Powers that remove player control in general

Weaknesses, Drawbacks, and Limitations: Balance is very important to ensure things are as fair as possible, and on that notion I want to talk about how to balance your character. Just so we're using like terms I want to define 'weakness' as something that your character has, either physical or mental, that could be exploited by another character to lower their effectiveness in combat. This means that 'being human' is not a weakness, so don't try to pull that as justification for having op powers. Your character does not necessarily have to have a weakness, but if that is the route you choose to go in an attempt to balance your character, there are some things to consider. Firstly, having something like a 'kryptonite' is not really a solid weakness. If its a really rare and obscure substance then how or why would other character's have it? And if its really common, how can you be effective at all? To top this off as a bad weakness, if it is a true analog to Superman's kryptonite, it would make your character basically useless if it is present. Try to have a weakness that is common enough to keep you from super saiyan, but that doesn't turn you into a weak kitten when exploited.

Drawbacks are another way to balance your character that instead of relying on external factors, focuses on ramifications of character powers. Possible drawbacks could include, but are not limited to, needing large caloric intakes or ways that using powers harm your character, like having flame powers that can still burn the user.

Limitations are hopefully self explanatory, but in short they are limits that you put on powers that could otherwise be overpowered. Some limits could be something like being able to fly, but only be able to fly carrying less than 50 lbs of extra weight. Keep these things in mind when making your character to increase the likelihood of your character being accepted.

Species: Sorry, I'm not allowing aliens or alien hybrids this time around.

Magic: For balancing purposes, you may not have 'magic' as an ability. Therefore, you cannot have a character that can cast spells. Why? Well, I feel that creates a character that is too much of a 'swiss army knife'. Now, magic CAN be an explanation for powers. that means you can shoot fireballs and call it magic instead of mutant human powers.

Tech: The tech level for this RP is strictly modern-tech. So if it isn't in current use it is not available to your character(that means experimental tech and prototype tech and theoretical tech is not allowed). The exception to this is having your character be a tinker-type specialized in a particular field of technology or science. This will count as an ability for your character to grant them access to this more advanced technology.

Money: If you choose to have your character be well-funded from the get-go, that will count as an ability

Application
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150][b][u]Argus Metahuman File[/u][/b][/size][/align]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Hero or Villain, no in between)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[floatright][spoiler=Appearance](place appearance description or image link here)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Suit or Transformation Appearance](place appearance description or image link here for suits or transformation abilities)[/spoiler][/floatright]

[b]Powers:[/b] (please list and describe. Do not just put links to superpower wiki)

[b]Drawbacks & Limitations:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (If applicable)

[b]Equipment and weapons:[/b] (please list, if applicable)

[hr][/hr]
[align=center][size=150]BACKGROUND[/size][/align]

[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[align=center][size=150]ADDITIONAL INFORMATION[/size][/align]

[b]Fears/Phobias:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] (additional languages, mechanical skills, etc)
[b]Theme:[/b][/box]
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Roster: The Good, The Bad, and Everything Else

Heroes
  • Name: Allan Crane
    Power Classification: Type B Kinetic; Type B + A1 Shifter; Type C Psychic
  • Name: Alicia Benoit
    Power Classification: Type A2 Shifted; Type B Shifter
  • Name: Andrew Marks
    Power Classification: Type A Psychic; Type A2 Shifted
  • Name: Ken Masuta
    Power Classification: Type A2 Shifter; Type C Psychic
  • Name: Doctor Malcolm Anderson
    Power Classification: Anomalous(mystic artifact)
  • Name: Marilyn Willow
    Power Classification: Type B Converter; Type B2 Cog
  • Name: Tom Long
    Power Classification: Type B Kinetic
  • Name: Finnbar O'Setanta
    Power Classification: Type A1 Shifter; Type A Kinetic
  • Name: Eloise Aube
    Power Classification: Type B Kinetic
  • Name: Alaric Kirin
    Power Classification: Type A Cog; Type C Psychic
  • Name: Johan Vermaak
    Power Classification: Type C Kinetic
  • Name: Arjin Sezda
    Power Classification: Type B1 & B2 Cog; Type A2 Shifted
  • Name: Magnanimous Daicaare
    Power Classification: Type C Kinetic
  • Name: Nicholas Fowler
    Power Classification: Type A Cog; Type B & C Psychic

Villains

Major (pro) Metahuman Teams

A villainous group founded by former hero Sol Invictus, The Pantheon seeks to establish metahumans as the dominant race on earth- or to eliminate all Homo Sapiens. Whichever comes first.
Leader: Sol Invictus
Members:
  • Chernobog
    • Command Darkness, Wellspring of Madness
  • Svarog
    • Slag, Super Strength, Enhanced Durability
  • Cernunnos
    • Beastmaster, One with Nature, Enhanced Strength and Agility, Animal Attributes, Immunity to poisons
  • Vulcan
    • Builder, Specializes in Reverse Engineering and Robotics
  • Ares
    • Super Durability, Strength Siphon
  • Proioxis
    • Speedster
  • Mimir
    • Foresight, Hindsight, Enhanced Vision, Third Eye
  • Set
    • Psammokinetic Transmutation, Minor Geokinesis, Enhanced Speed and Agility
  • Amalthea
    • Physics Ignorance
  • Hodr
    • Cryokinesis
  • Osiris
    • Necromancer
  • Tezcatlipoca
    • Tactile Reality Warping, Astral Projections, Flame projections
In response to Cypher's stubborn independence, the U.S. Government sponsored the formation of a hero team that would be more directly under their control, to spread American ideals to the world. When a soldier named Spencer Key awakened his latent metahuman abilities, they knew they finally had a frontrunner for the team, and sent him to gather whatever metas he could to form Shield of Freedom.
Leader: The Eagle
Members:
  • Prophet
    • Void Teleportation, Precognition, Void Energy Manipulation
  • Spectral
    • Flight, Fundamental Force Manipulation, Force Amplification
  • Glow Plug
    • Builder, Nanotechnology specialty
  • Kindle
    • Animation, Avatar Creation
  • Hex
    • Limited magic, magic that effects powers/behavior of others
  • Abrams
    • Shock wave Aerokinetic
Founded in 1998, the Guards were one of the first officially sanctioned teams of heroes that emerged alongside the Regents. Their base is located in London, but they operate worldwide.
Leader: Lancelot
Members:
  • Holmes
    • Heightened Senses, Kinetic Reconstruction, Blind Spot Manipulation
  • Legion
    • Army of One, Mark of Jupiter
  • Bulwark
    • Geokinesis, Near-Invulnerability
  • Evangelion
    • Levitation, Light Orbs, Healing, Force Field, Telekinesis
  • Unicorn
    • Force Field Creation
  • Loxley
    • Hyperkinesis
  • Indra
    • Chi Manipulation, Spirit/Soul Manipulation, Extra Sensory Perception
A gang of villains working as professional thieves, the Gold Diggers have a worldwide network of operatives to pull from whenever a particular talent is required.
Leader: Hellequin
Members:
  • The Butcher
    • Organic Weaponry, Consumptive Regeneration
  • The Anarchist
    • Telepathy, Superhuman Calculation
  • Cerf Teuer
    • Matter Growth, Toxin Generation
  • Queen
    • Builder type, specialized in upgrading existing tech
  • Saint
    • Bioaugmentation
When good Metahumans go bad, when ARGUS needs the kind of work that can't be on the records of mainstream hero teams- they utilize their top-secret task force. A.S.E.T. is made up of Metas that are official agents of ARGUS rather than sanctioned superheroes, and so they are free to carry out various secretive missions without having to worry about any kind of reputation.

A.S.E.T.'s primary role is to neutralize unsanctioned metahumans that are not considered truly villains, but still pose a great threat to security.

B&B for short, Bigg and Beltran offers the unique service of a private military staffed by metahumans. Behind the cover, CEO Walter Bigg, better known as Mr. Big, runs a power-dealing operation in which he grants temporary superpowers to those willing to pay. Maintains a long-standing alliance with the Gold Diggers.
Leader: Mr. Big
Members:

Major (pro) Metahuma Solo Acts
    • Colossus
      • Type B2 Cog (Builder Class- Large mechs)
    • Judas
      • Anomalous(7 Seals)
    Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Triassica
    Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
    Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Will make an app.

Reboot or sequel as this will affect Andrew...
    Slava Ukraine!

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Triassica wrote:Will make an app.

Reboot or sequel as this will affect Andrew...

Sort of both?

Lol, I know that doesn't help much, but this will take place after the (brief) events of the last RP. So, if you use Andrew, he would have been a student academy and has now graduated. However, if you want to retcon things, It can be arranged.

Joohan
    Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
    Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Name: Wes Couture
    Alias: Doesn't have one yet - rather new to the whole business. Honestly, I am hoping for one to be assigned to him organically from another player ( if that is doable ).
    Alignment: He is a villain - but depending the story his may progress him into herodom.
    Wes is white male, standing at 6'3' ft, weighting 200lbs, and possessing an athletic build fitting a martial artist. He has greenish-gray eyes, short dark blond hair which he doesn't bother styling, and is clean shaven.

A pair of black spandex shorts, a long velvet red rain poncho, a bandana/cap/ and sunglasses over his face

Powers:

Anatomy Manipulation: Wes has an instinctual control over every single cell in his body in literally ever facet of it's being: production, lifespan, activity, and even what kind mutation! What this means, is that Wes can create or move any body part to any other part of his body. He could suddenly have an arm sticking out of either kneecap, a mouth where his naval should be, and his entire body is covered with eyes!

Regeneration: Wes has a powerful and rapid acting healing agent. If say one of his appendages were to be severed, regrowing it back to it's prior state would take less than a minutes time. This also includes bones as well brain tissue.

Drawbacks & Limitations:

Rapid onset cancer: Wes's cells are , essentially, highly malleable cancer factories. All of his new body parts are pretty much just extremely useful tumors. His power comes at the cost of terminal cancer. The more he uses his powers, his life becomes a little shorter, and his body dies a little more. This deterioration can be seen in unexpected feinting, seizures, and violent fits of coughing.

Weaknesses:

Fire: Wes cannot regenerate burned tissue. Burned meat is dead meat.

Equipment and weapons: Nothing consistent - though he will usually carry a plethora of common fire arms and melee weapons

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American
    Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana

Personality: Wes, on account of his harsh childhood, rotten adulthood, and now his terminal cancer, has created for himself a mindset of sardonic humor and nihilistic detachment. He rationalizes that if he doesn't care about anything, nothing of value can be taken from him; if he hurts others first, they can't hurt him. He's darkly charming - bold, witty, and funny, he's got the kind of bad boy attitude which some people can't help but be allured by. Internally however, something which Wes is aware of but refuses to admit, he is miserable and scared: he is angry and saddened that his family largely abandoned him as a child and never really bothered to raise him; being forced to mature at a young age distanced him from his peers and caused him to miss out on a lot of oppurtunities; he is furious at his mother's betrayal; the time he spent being experimented on made him feel isolated from humanity; and the idea of his approaching and inevitable death terrifies him.

Bio: Wes was born out of wedlock to his eighteen year old mother. His father, her then boyfriend, had left shortly after learning of the pregnancy. His mother was an avid partier, and infrequent drug user with very little interest in taking raising Wes. Were it not for the aid provided from child services and kindly neighbors, Wes would have not made it through the early years of his life. At around the age of six, his mother would begin leaving home for days on end, seldom ever placing someone in charge of Wes's care. Left mostly alone, Wes would quickly mature in order to take care of himself. He wouldn't begin school until the 2nd grade, when child services forced his mother to enroll him. He struggled in the beginning to catch up with the other children, but by his 5th grade year, he was an exemplary student. It was also around this time that he, through the observation of his other peers and their parents, became fully aware of his mother's negligence. His resentment became more pronounced with age, to the point were even he and his mother would occasionally get physical with one another.

His toxic situation at home with his mother was countered, when at fifteen, he had enrolled himself in a martial arts academy. It had started out as a kind of hobby for after school ( seeing as how he had no real desire to go back to his home anyway ), but as the weeks went on and his skills progressed, Wes discovered that he was actually a very talented fighter. His exceptional skill and dedication also garnered the attention of the school's instructor, Sun Wu Kung, a former Kung Fu champion. Wu Kung would take Wes on as his favorite pupil and would help him to quickly hone his skills. Wes would, unadmittedly, think of Wu Kung as a sort of father figure.

At nineteen, and on the verge of finally moving away from his mother, Wes was invited to compete at the Wushu Kungfu National Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada - an invitation he would accept. His master would not be able to travel with him however, on account of a recent stroke forcing him to bed rest for a few weeks. After having landed in Vegas and settled into his hotel, Wes decided to explore the town for a while. It would be while out exploring that Wes was knocked unconscious and kidnapped. The kidnappers would reveal themselves to be associates of his mother's ex-boyfriend, a low rank mobster. His mother had told her old boyfriend about Wes's tournament, and the two concocted a scheme to have Wes finally out of his mother's life and to put some money into her boyfriend's pockets. Wes would be beaten, starved, and sleep deprived for several days while under the thugs care. He would eventually be sold, unbeknownst to him, to a medical research company, and handed off to it's security personnel, who would transport him to a secret research facility in Belize.

For six months, he would be tested with numerous cancer curing treatments: surgeries, chemo, radiation, nano-bots, diets, and meta DNA. The treatments, in addition to having been excruciatingly painful, also did wind up giving him cancer. It would be during one experiment however, when under a combination of radiation and a dose of meta DNA, that Wes's powers would finally emerge. His body would contort and malform into incomprehensible and monstrous shapes - his mind was beyond reason, and he was taken completely by fear and instinct. Using his new powers and the shocked fear of the staff, he would escape from the facility into the Yucatan jungle. The company would have attempted to chase after him, were it not for government crack down a few days later, discovering the facility and disbanding the company entirely.

Over the next two months, Wes would finally come back to his senses, and would begin to fully grasp the meaning of his new found powers. Making his way up through Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, and then finally back through the good ole United States, he would master his abilities and learn their limits. He had sworn vengeance against his mother for her betrayal, and was resolute in killing her. Upon finally arriving back in Indianapolis though, he quickly discovered that she had been dead for weeks - a drug overdose. His vengeance had been robbed from him, and so now he was left with only a limited amount of time to find a new purpose for the wondrous powers given to him. Wes knew that he still had cancer, and from what he could glean from the researchers, back at the lab, he had anywhere from three months to a year before he finally kicked the bucket.

The world had screwed him over - now, he's gonna screw the world over!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Doctors, lab coats, medicine in general.
    Skills: Kung Fu master
    Theme:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhGu2CDqQqo
    Last edited by Joohan on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Parcia
    Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
    Democratic Socialists

NOT-WIP

Postby Parcia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:02 am

Name: Alicia Benoit
    Alias: Wraith
    Alignment: Hero
    https://i.imgur.com/DrlLzwy.png

https://imgur.com/a/7KUkiJN

Powers:
    Pigmentation Disorder - She has a considerable amount of control over her skin pigmentation, as well as the color of her hair, nails. The Main power here is that she can change her color (if we were to say she was Naked) to be highly camouflaged with her surroundings.
    WIDOW Suit - A one of a kind, tailor made suit built by the Scientists of Tex Machanica's "Skunk Works" Department, the suit is a combination of 30 years of bionic technology advancement combined with the multiple high level tinker types employed by said Department. Made on special order and taking years to fully master, the Suit (while not a true Exoskeleton) Uses motion enhancing and Inertia controlling technology to enhance the Wearer's speed and strength. In Alicia's case, the suit has been tuned to instead mesh well with her natural ability to further enhance her camouflaging abilities, rendering her all but invisible in low light situations. The suit also uses the same movement technology to shunt and adsorb impacts, compensating for her higher fragility.
    Tee helmet comes with integrated radio suit, low light/thermal imaging optical lenses, and is air tight, with a short duration (around 10 minuets) air reserve to allow for limited operations in Toxic/underwater environments.

"Path of the Wraith" - an Active "Ultimate" ability, this pushes her body in to a state of overdrive in almost all facets, increasing her strength, speed, and agility 3 fold. Often during this time she will unsheathe a pair of daggers, and using the increases in her abilities, will often dispatch multiple combatants with lethal grace and agility.

Rich -(while I have no real plans on using it, she does come from considerable wealth, as such, I am listing it.)

Drawbacks & Limitations:
    Socially awkward - Due to the nature of her Skin and hair Coloring, (which is as it's default, is a pale blue-purple) she finds it hard to let other see her appearance due to the Stigma around it.
    Anonymity - due to her role as a vigilante and (at least to the public) unknown hero, she must take certain precautions in her work, as to keep her identity secret.

Weaknesses: (If applicable)
    Expensive - Her equipment is not cheap in any real form, as such, she must be rather frugal with her funds.
    Osteogenesis Imperfecta - While her's is a minor case (one only starting at the advent of puberty) it has progressed slowly over time and requires her suit to properly combat threats in close quarters.
    Imperfect Cloak - While her camouflage ability is considerable, it is not perfect. In Bright, well lit area she will still be visible due to a black, shadowy vague out line of her self. When her "Ultimate" ability is in effect, the shadowy effect is even more pronounced, even more so when moving at high speeds.
    Tiring - The act of Camouflaging her self does tax her mentally and physically, as does her "Ultimate".
    Equipment and weapons:

Huckleberry

A special purpose built SMG, chambered in a special over pressure ("Wild Cat") .45 ACP round. Has a cyclic rate of 550-600 RPM and feeds from top loading, cylindrical magazines. Either clipped on to her rig via a sling, or placed on a secondary magnetic hard point.

The Last Word.

A Special purpose built Revolver, firing .44 magnum and with a 8 round cylinder. Holstered in a (han solo style) Leather gun holster on her hip.

Widow's Bite

A Compound bow, rated for 110 LBS Draw weight. Can fire multiple different arrows. For the sake of RP, shall be limited to blunt/broadhead arrows for the first few posts. Normally stored on a magnetic hard point on her back, as is the quiver of arrows. Will often dip said arrow heads in poisons of her own making. Sight comes attached that will feed data to the HUS in her helmet, allowing her to calculate the trajectory for shots.

Malice and Contempt
    A pair of daggers. both are 15 inch Folded steel blades kept in a pair of sheathes on the small of her back.

Cigarettes and lighter - She smokes. She prefer Marlboro Premium Blacks and carries a special zippo lighter with a Ace of Spades etched in to it's sides.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: French-American
    Hometown: Jacksonville, Florida

Personality: Distant, quiet, and cold are appropriate terms. She does have a some what...simplistic view of justice as well as a unspoken respect for other heroes. When active in her ever growing crusade against organized crime, she is persistent, ruthless, and brutal in her dealings.

Bio: Story time...
    Alicia's back story can not be properly told with out touching on two things: The Large Engineering Firm known as "Tex Mechanica", and the late Heroine "Le Monarch."

Tex Mechanica is the modern name given to the Voldune Family Oil Company. Headed by Gerald Voldune in the late 1890s, the company grew in to the modern times to become of the largest oil and metal companies in the United States. Her father, a man simply refereed to by most as "Baron Vuldoune" Worked rather closely with the Heroine Known as "Le Monarch." Le Monarch was a French Heroine that had moved her operations to america some time earlier and had worked closely with the Baron during her time in the Academy as he was a contractor for it.

Le Monarch was a Tinker type meta with abilities that came rather Close to the Great Cypher him self, the difference being that she chose to go in to hiding afterwards. Resurfacing some time later using a variety of interesting gadgets and weapons to fight crime, she began to branch out operations from Europe in to America, helping the Hero's there when she could. After fully transferring her self to the united States, she soon began to secretly work with, and form a relationship, with the Barron that would culminate with Alicia's Birth, her mother's Disappearance, and the young girl being left in the care of her Father.

Now, being born with a ab normal skin pigmentation, she was home-school from a young age in her family's manor in the outskirts of Jacksonville. Her father would remarry and have a second child, a son, with his second wife and the two children would try their best to live normal lives. Her half brother, Sean, would go on and be the model son his father hoped for, having a mind for business and being nearly as clever and financially adept as his father was. As time would go on she would live a rather normal life until right about the time she hit Puberty. While her skin color was long though to be a simple birth defect due to her mother's heritage, it was later reviled to be a a facet of her new found power. With this knowledge, and against both her bother and father's wishes, she would begin to fight petty crime in the streets and across greater Duval County at night.

How ever, one night, she bit off more then she could chew. being beaten to with an inch of her life by a local gang, she was held hostage for some time before a pair of Actual Hero (one of which was confirmed to be The Hunstmen) and returned to her father. Facing the fact that his little girl had grown up, and would likely continue to do the same, would use the considerable amount of wealth he had built up to put her through the most rigorous training he could. Both as a way to properly train her, and to hopefully turn her away from the Idea of being a hero. This culminated in her being sent to the Academy in The North to get her certification and passing it with flying Colors.

Sadly, her Father also passed during this time, of suspicious circumstances. This, combined with a falling out between her and her brother, would lead to her going underground and largely disappearing from Public life.
    To just about everyone, she disappeared totally, most would think she is dead. right about the same time of her Father's Death, a strange hero, often being called "The Wraith" became active. Quickly and rather ruthlessly perusing Multiple crime organizations across the American South. "Wraith" has never shown her name, only rarely spoken to other heroes, and not Even Argus will disclose her actual identity "Per the Hero's Request".

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Trypophobia
    Skills:
    Martial Artist - With her speed and strength increased some what by her suit, she is proficient in Mixed martial arts.
    Bilingual - Speaks fluent English and French.
    Weapons Expert - roughly equal to apprentice level Tinker types, she has a skill when it comes to handling and operating most types of fire arms and projectiles weapons.
    Fletcher - While obtaining the parts on the market, she strings her bow her self, as well as crafting her own arrows.
    Chemist - While not accredited, she is skilled in crafting a variety of chemical substances, mostly lethal ones meant to be used as poisons.
    Theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igKXRrb5_ts
    Last edited by Parcia on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
    So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
    Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
    hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
    I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
    I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
    http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
    Hooyah Navy.

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:59 am

Joohan wrote:[box]Name: Wes Couture

Looks good so far.

Just a note: 'Hometown' isn't where your character needs to be at the start of the RP. We have the entire 2024 Earth to play with (though you do have a point that most of the action will probably be focused somewhere for a while).

The hometown is just to make players think a little more about the back story of their characters and potentially help creating that aspect of them.

Dentali
    Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
    Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:42 am

TAG

I want to do a spin on a superboy like character, super strength and invulnerability for powers, but not if its super common
    | LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:49 am

Dentali wrote:TAG

I want to do a spin on a superboy like character, super strength and invulnerability for powers, but not if its super common

Personally, I'd say go with with the type of Character you want, even if its 'common', but I won't allow pure invulnerability. He can be super durable, but getting whacked by some of our other super strong characters should still smart quite a bit. If you look at the Lore thread, you can see some of the stronger teams and individuals. 'The Big Leagues' if you will.

Dentali
    Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:54 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
    Dentali wrote:TAG

Personally, I'd say go with with the type of Character you want, even if its 'common', but I won't allow pure invulnerability. He can be super durable, but getting whacked by some of our other super strong characters should still smart quite a bit. If you look at the Lore thread, you can see some of the stronger teams and individuals. 'The Big Leagues' if you will.

oh yea he wouldnt be invincible

EDIT: Current Power ideas are; Magic User, Telekinesis, Energy Control
    Last edited by Dentali on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
    Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
    Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 am

I'm thinking of a Mr. Big type that can grant a wide variety of low level Tinker/Thinker/Stranger powers, at the cost of personal autonomy.

This looks exciting!
    6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
    The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
    SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 am

Dentali wrote:EDIT: Current Power ideas are; Magic User, Telekinesis, Energy Control

Just to make sure we're on the same page, 'Magic' can't be a power, only an explanation for a set power.

For example, you can't say 'Magic is my characters power, so they can: shoot fireballs, summon demons, teleport, etc...' You can however say that 'my character can shoot fireballs, and they do it through magical means instead of mutant biology or technological means'

Dentali
    Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:57 am

Name: Malcolm Anderson
    Alias: The Warlock

Powers:
    Ability to transform in the Magic User Warlock through touching a magical crest necklace. Warlock can use spells and has enchanted equipment.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
    As Warlock Malcolm is basically in the passenger seat of his own body, with the Warlock spirit in control. Malcolm can fight for control and ultimately Warlock’s hold weakens over time but Warlock’s goals and methods often do not line up with Malcolm

Weaknesses: (If applicable)
    Warlock’s magic is not inherent and can only use spells prepared ahead of time. His enchanted equipment allows his to use spells specific to the equipment. He research more complicated and powerful spells with the aid of his expansive spellbook, provided he has time and any necessary components.

His enchanted gear is also removable and should he lose them or his spellbook he would be unable to use them.

Equipment and weapons: (please list, if applicable)
    Enchanted Hood- Personal Force Field
    Enchanted Gauntlets- Sight Limited Telekinesis of objects up to 1 ton
    Enchanted Coat- Energy Blasts and contains simple spell ingredients
    Enchanted Boots- Flight Up to 100mph
    Warlock Crest- Transformation into Warlock
    Spellbook- Access to magical spell library

BACKGROUND

Hometown: Baltimore

Personality: Kind, Analytical, Nerdy

Bio:

The Warlock was a minor magic user and alchemist from the mid 400s AD who traded his humanity to fight the Atilla the Hun who murdered his family. Given incredible powers Warlock fought the barbarians and turned them back. With the death of Atilla the Warlock decided to take his own life and rejoin his family, only to find his spirit lived on and could find no rest.

The Spirit of Warlock lived on in a magical crest given to him by the dark powers he sold his humanity to, whosoever touched the crest and had magical potential would be possessed by the spirit of the Warlock obsessed with vengeance and justice. Over centuries the crest would be lost and found many times over the centuries, until its last owner met his end in WW2.

I made its way to America and languished in private collections for decades until it came to a the Smithsonian Museum in DC. A curator there by the name of Malcolm Anderson touched the crest and the Warlock felt his latent magical abilities. The Warlock possessed Anderson and once again found himself in the world. Together they have fought crime and injustice for the past 4 months, working together and learning from one another.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: losing control, planes,
    Skills: Historical Knowledge, good physique, good at his job
    Theme:
    Last edited by Dentali on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okayanos
    Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
    Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:04 am

Auphelia wrote:I'm thinking of a Mr. Big type that can grant a wide variety of low level Tinker/Thinker/Stranger powers, at the cost of personal autonomy.

This looks exciting!

This isn't a Worm RP.

Auphelia
    Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
    Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:17 am

Okayanos wrote:This isn't a Worm RP.

That's just a quick way for me to classify them. In general, things that improve senses or make them smarter or better at creating a particular kind of things, etc.
    6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
    The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
    SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Joohan
    Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
    Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Joohan wrote:[box]Name: Wes Couture

Looks good so far.

Just a note: 'Hometown' isn't where your character needs to be at the start of the RP. We have the entire 2024 Earth to play with (though you do have a point that most of the action will probably be focused somewhere for a while).

The hometown is just to make players think a little more about the back story of their characters and potentially help creating that aspect of them.

Oh I know that. But his back story would be better were he to have grown up in what ever town we are mostly RPing in.
    If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Union Princes
    Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
    Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Hmmm, you want innovative powers. I'm wonder if a trap creation character would work.
    There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Dentali wrote:

Like I mentioned earlier, 'magic' cannot be a power. You can't have a character have the ability to cast endless or arbitrary spell depending on what the situation calls for, rather you can have a list of finite powers that are explained as magic being their source.

Dentali wrote:

These offer a very large list of abilities. Most characters I've accepted in the past have three powers on average. And it is a general rule that when two characters have two similar abilities (such as super strength) the character that has fewer powers is relatively more powerful in that aspect than the character that has more powers overall, so keep that in mind.

But as this list stands, they offer too many powerful abilities. You need to either remove a few, or nerf them all by a rather large margin.

The Spellbook is a non-starter; I will not accept this character as long as he has this in any form.

Joohan wrote:Oh I know that. But his back story would be better were he to have grown up in what ever town we are mostly RPing in.

Well, that's what I'm trying to say; this is a global-scale sandbox. There is no set town to be the general focus. I would suggest picking a town, and then trying to lure other characters in, or talk with a player who controls a hero and plan some mischief to draw in other heroes/ or try to get other players who control a villain and scheme together.

Dentali
    Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Dentali wrote:

Like I mentioned earlier, 'magic' cannot be a power. You can't have a character have the ability to cast endless or arbitrary spell depending on what the situation calls for, rather you can have a list of finite powers that are explained as magic being their source.

Dentali wrote:

These offer a very large list of abilities. Most characters I've accepted in the past have three powers on average. And it is a general rule that when two characters have two similar abilities (such as super strength) the character that has fewer powers is relatively more powerful in that aspect than the character that has more powers overall, so keep that in mind.

But as this list stands, they offer too many powerful abilities. You need to either remove a few, or nerf them all by a rather large margin.

The Spellbook is a non-starter; I will not accept this character as long as he has this in any form.

Joohan wrote:Oh I know that. But his back story would be better were he to have grown up in what ever town we are mostly RPing in.

Well, that's what I'm trying to say; this is a global-scale sandbox. There is no set town to be the general focus. I would suggest picking a town, and then trying to lure other characters in, or talk with a player who controls a hero and plan some mischief to draw in other heroes/ or try to get other players who control a villain and scheme together.

I'll tone it down, but he's not in control of his abilities, the spellbook takes hours to use, and the enchanted stuff can be taken from him

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Dentali wrote:I'll tone it down, but he's not in control of his abilities, the spellbook takes hours to use, and the enchanted stuff can be taken from him

I understand that he isn't in control of his abilities, but you as the player, are. The answer is still no to the spellbook in any form or function, regardless of how long it takes to use or what it can do. He needs to have a list of powers/ abilities like everyone else with the source being from magic. As for the enchanted stuff being able to be taken away, he still has the potential to use it, and stealing things off people is rather difficult for most people, so that really isn't an argument for them being as strong as they are.

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Allan Crane
    Alias: Overgrowth

Powers:
    • Botanokinesis- Crane has a strong connection to plants, with is powers allowing him to manipulate them at will, and even somewhat unconsciously. Cane can cause plants to spontaneously put on growth spurts and control the direction of their growing, making them act as if they had muscles and sentience. The targets of his powers will also mutate their DNA in order to bend to his will. The apex of this ability of the creation of an organism he calls a Floran. A humanoid shaped plant that may seem partially sentient from time to time.
    • Biokinesis- Crane's powers partially translate to other, more advanced life forms as well. He can help heal other's injuries and make minor body modifications.
    • Crane's powers can be used on himself, giving him a slight healing factor.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
    • Crane cannot create biomass from nothing. While he can increase the rate of growth, the plants still need access to materials to consume and metabolize. Fortunately, the main component of plant's structure comes from their intake of carbon dioxide and its processing via photosynthesis.
    • Plants, he can control at a range of roughly 100 feet off the cuff, and up to over 500 feet with focus, however to use his general biokinesis he needs to touch the target.

Weaknesses: Dehydration can be extremely hazardous to his unique physiology, requiring above-average fluid intake. Likewise, low temperatures can cause him to become sluggish and even comatose.

Equipment and weapons: Floran

BACKGROUND

Hometown: St. George, Utah

Personality: A bit weary and slow to trust. Crane is a nice guy once you get to no him. He isn't loud or boastful, but he'll laugh along when he's comfortable. In strange situations he tends to clam up and try to keep his head down. When he feels threatened, especially from someone in a perceived office of authority, he tends to become combative.

Bio: Crane's father was a geneticist with a promising future at a small, private research institution. It didn't pay amazingly, with him receiving only a portion of the grant money after most of it was already spent. That left Crane's mother to be the primary breadwinner, but they were well enough off. Mr. Crane was doing work that would change the world, something that caused a young Allen to be enraptured with his view of his father as a hero. Everything was picturesque for the longest time, but the beginning of the end came when Mr. Crane's research drew the interest of one of the most prominent biotech companies in the world; promising him a sizable wage.

Mr. Crane saw it as a opportunity to help his research he couldn't turn down despite the words of concern from his wife. That marked the beginning of his downward spiral. He started letting events slip, not showing up to parent teacher night, working late, spending weekends in the lab. Roadblocks began to appear, slowing his team's progress, and drawing ire from the corporation that demanded constant progress. The stress drove Mr. Crane to the bottle, and drove more and more stakes between him and his family. A once kind and gentle man fell until he was no longer recognizable as either a father or husband. Crane's mother finally had enough, and after an explosive argument Mr. Crane was thrown out of their home.

Crane and his Mother tried to move on, but they weren't out of the woods yet. Several weeks later, Allen woke up in the middle of the night to his Father dragging him out of bet and hurriedly throwing a coat over his shoulders and hissing for him to be quiet. The noise stirred Allen's mother who tried to break Mr. Crane's grip on their son, but the crazed man pulled a hidden gun from his jacket pocket and fired a single round. Without bothering to learn its effects, Mr. Crane pulled the now terrified Allen from the home and into his car.

Allen doesn't remember much more from that night, only trying to stay silent while his father ranted and raved while he sped away from anything that resembled safety. After what seemed like an eternity only moments at the same time, Allen remembered being drug into an unmarked building and being strapped into a chair with is father's soulless eyes peering over a green surgical mask. After that he woke up in a hospital room with an arm guard stationed at the door.

Once the dust settled, Allen was reunited with his mother who survived the gunshot and managed to call the police who stormed the lab. Mr. Crane was no where to be found, but Allen was still in the chair with vines growing from his body. He was registered, but otherwise unscathed. It took several years of therapy, but eventually, Allen came to terms with what happened, and became determined to make some good come from his misfortune.

Now, after graduating from the institute, Allen has taken up the role of a solo hero, looking for problems that need solving.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Medical facilities, specifically surgical masks.
    Skills: Nothing else useful.
    Theme:Quarter Past Four - Avriel & the Sequoias

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Adrian Pearson
    Alias: Sol Invictus
    Alignment: Villain (leader of the Pantheon)

Powers:
    • Energy Absorption- Can absorb energy and store it internally
    • Dynakinesis- can redirect and convert his stored energy, allowing him super-strength (averaging ten tons depending on how much energy is absorbed), flight, and greatly enhanced speed in addition to offensive releases of energy he has absorbed
    • Enhanced Durability

Drawbacks & Limitations:
    • Physical forces are more difficult (nearly impossible) to absorb, as is gravity and magnetic forces. Thermal and electromagnetic are the easiest for Adrian to absorb and release.
    • While he does have enhanced durability, it is not as much as other metahumans. Large firearms rounds are still a threat.

Weaknesses: No notable weaknesses. Sufficient force will still be able to bring him down.

Equipment and weapons: N/A, The Pantheon

BACKGROUND

Hometown: Springfield, MO

Personality: Driven and pragmatic, Sol Invictus has convinced even his old enemies to fight with him for his goal. He sees Humanity as weak and fragile. He thinks he should rule the world. However, he is not a mindless conqueror; he does not wish to see the world burn...

Bio: Sol Invictus used to be a hero and a member of North Guard, a hero team working out of Canada. He went by the name Borealis, one half of a duo with his wife, who went by Aurora. The team had a bit of a rocky record, being investigated by Argus more than once for unnecessary brutality, but they were never officially indicted. Still, they were effective. They focused on taking down problematic individuals who usually managed to sail under the radar of some more famous teams. Adrian was the team's primary heavy hitter while his wife was a human with an engineer's mind. She created several innovated pieces of tech to help the team while Adrian focused on dealing the hurt. Tragically, that ended when the team was ambushed by associates of one of the meta humans they busted. Two members of the team were caught in gunfire, Aurora being one of them.

Adrian was inconsolable for months as he tried to deal with the loss. He focused on his job, pulling away from the team all the while. Then they came a cross a man calling himself Chernobog. He could manipulate shadow-like constructs paired with a psychic ability that caused madness if exposed to it for too long. Adrian was briefly caught in its effects before his team managed to get him free. But it was enough. Chernobog was beaten and carted off to Site 3, but something inside Adrian had shifted just enough. In his grief and short tangle with insanity, he came to blame his wife's death on her humanity. Because if she was a meta, she surely would have survived.

He became disillusioned with humanity, seeing them as unworthy to be saved. He began reaching out to the team's youngest member, a speedster who had also lost family in the past. He managed to turn her to his warped sense of reality. Soon, the team became concerned with his violence, but didn't stop him until it was too late. Adrian had killed in the name of his delusion. They tried to stop him, and might have managed it, but they didn't realize he had gotten to the younger member, and the tides turned. Every last member of North Guard was wiped out.

Taking the name Sol Invictus, Adrain began recruiting his old enemies, forming The Pantheon. the new Gods of Earth.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Fears Chernobog's desire for control of the Pantheon, and interference from organizations like Argus
    Skills: Skilled at breaking people emotionally, at twisting them. Also skilled in hand-to-hand combat and fighting other metas.
    Theme: Hellfire- Barns Courtney

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Note: Sol Invictus is one of my characters as the OP, and is not to be seen as an example of an acceptable player app. He leads the Panthon, one of the major villain groups (and threats) in this RP. For their full roster, please examine the Lore thread.

Union Princes
    Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
    Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh yeah, Rekindled. I wanted to join that rp but couldn't figure out what powers to try out.

hmm, I'll keep brainstorming for now.
    There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Cyberiad Council
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Leopold Meckler
    Alias: Lepidopterist/ "L"
    Alignment: Villain

Powers:
    • Metamorphosis- Within a 15 foot radius of his body, Leopold is capable of controlling and manipulating non-living matter telekinetically. Regardless of its original shape, form, or function, Leopold can break it down into individual atoms and shape it to his will. He can re-solidify matter he is controlling into any form his creativity and mental capacity allows for. Leopold can form any ionic or covalent bond if the required atoms are available. According to the law of conservation of mass, Leopold can transform atoms seemingly alchemically into any other element he requires.
    • Telekinesis- Can manipulate matter within his 15 foot radius, and can launch objects like projectiles out of his sphere of influence.
    • The nature of his primary ability also grants him the ability to intrinsically know the composition of materials with physical contact

Drawbacks & Limitations:
    • He can get measurements correct within .9 mm, although, the less familiar he is with the object in question, the less accurate recreating it, or creating it from scratch will be.
    • Information seems to have trouble retaining integrity, so creation of flash drives or similar media storage is nearly impossible. Likewise, books require Leopold to remember every word he wishes to have placed on the pages.
    • Requires line of sight in order to exert his control over solid matter at a range. If he were to manipulate a section of floor, he can only take control of the top later of molecules, so he must strip them away in order to take control of the next layer and so on. He can do this extremely quickly, but he cannot exert control over several kilograms of matter at a time. Once he has established control, he does not have to maintain eyesight to manipulate it. With physical contact, Leopold can take control of the entire mass of the object, however, this is still restricted to his 15ft/1000 kg limits
    • His metamorphosis of element to element requires he transmute the atoms to the next atom heavier or lighter according to their number on the periodic table. It takes roughly one second per transmutation, but he can transmute all atoms under his control at once. So, in order to go from Hydrogen to Uranium would take 1 minute and 32 seconds
    • Leopold can create objects from thin air, but he can only take control of gases in contact with his skin. The same restriction applies to liquids.
    • Cannot manipulate his own body, or the bodies of other living organisms. However, be it either a mental or physical barrier, he can manipulate corpses.

Weaknesses: If someone manages to get close enough, Leopold is as weak as any human in hand-to-hand combat. Likewise, energy and heat attacks can be effective.

Equipment and weapons: Leopold can create nearly any object he needs, including weapons, however, the relatively complex mechanisms of most guns take far longer to create than what would be required for them to be useful in a pinch. As a result, Leopold typically manifests sharp shapes and launches them telekinetically from his sphere of influence. However, if he is to make a gun, he usually settles on revolvers due to their relatively simple mechanism.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: German
    Hometown: Hamburg

Personality: Meckler isn't a sadist or necessarily want harm to befall the general populace: he simple doesn't care. Leopold's only interest is himself. He can be charming, and even genuinely at times, but it is almost without fail to gain something for himself. His cons are long and insidious, it may take years or months, but Leopold will be a devout friend, companion, assistant for as long as it benefits him or he can move on to something better.

Bio: "Lets break the stereotypical mold of villains. I don't have some tragic backstory or abusive home life. My parents were normal people with decent careers that granted them a slightly lavish lifestyle. They made sure I attended private schools and had any Earthly need taken care of. I don't know if it was love or just a sense of responsibility, but they weren't overly emotionally supportive. I'm not complaining, I don't think I could stand the slow and stifling suffocation that would bring. I don't have any siblings, and never cared for making friends. I wouldn't say I enjoy being alone, but there isn't any apprehension in the prospect of facing it for prolonged periods of time.

And maybe it was this ambivalence towards most things that made me an odd fit with society. I never saw the joy in the little things, or even the acceptance of the mediocre and mundane. People seemed to think having some kind of 'important' position in life translated to having power of some sort. But what power? That's not real power, real happiness. Its just the pitiful human attempt to rationalize mediocrity with forced satisfaction. There are people who walked our planet who posses legitimate power, but even then its just a limited measure. Perhaps the idea I'm trying to grasp with what I want from life is the possession of true power. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I was aware of my powers since primary school, but it took until Secondary for me to begin to understand just what the embracing of these powers could benefit me. I kept them somewhat under wraps in the manner of self interests. They weren't a secret, I made no attempt to pretend to be a normal human, but I tried to down play the extent of their reach. I soon realized their upper potential: complete mastery of the physical world. Some things are out of my reach, but its only a matter of time and training to bring them into my scope.

Heroism was never a concept that appealed to me. They're just playing parts in a broken system that caters to the lie of abject good and evil. I don't set out to harm the average person, but I don't see any reason why I should have guilt for gaining what I want. I suppose that makes me a sociopath, but its just another category in the endless masquerade people have nearly ubiquitously played into.

The final straw for my time in normal civilian life came when I was seventeen. It was a Tuesday and I was in class as a consequence. The matter was philosophy, and I had normally been able to pay lip service and prevent my true ideals from coming through, however, this time that option was revoked. Never had I possessed anyone I would call 'friend' but I had a loose circle of people whom I spent the majority of my time around. One of them questioned my answer in front of the class, and held me to it. Relenting, I gave them what I truly thought. About the sheep-like nature of everyone, including them, and even the most famous of the heroes. As expected, they thought my views folly, but something was different in me that day. I didn't back down, I held my ground and the students became more rabid to dismiss me. Their fragile jaded glasses were cracking and they panicked. Nothing could make them understand they were drowning in their ignorance. The Teacher ordered me and another student whom I came to verbal blows with to the headmaster's office, but I refused. The other student possessed some form of pyrokinesis and lashed out. It was almost reflex, but I formed a spike out of carbon in the air and launched it through his eye socket before he made it three steps. I realized the magnitude of what I'd done, so I acted fast.

I sealed the door and the windows, then I began to form projectiles as quickly as I could. To make sure I wouldn't be caught, I changed the first boy, the pyrokinetic, to have my face. I placed myself among the dead. I had never felt so liberated; free from the expectations and motions of civilian life I made a symbol, sharing material from all the dead, a red butterfly stretching across the floor under the bodies: a symbol of death. And rebirth...

In the time since then, I've found myself a niche: I opened a small nightclub aptly named "Chrysalis". They seem to have a certain veil that people don't seem interested in pushing back. My abilities are quite suited to the drug trade, interestingly enough. I run quite the prolific business, and all of its for free. Well, as far as monetary cost go. The real cost is loyalty.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Fears unknown variables, and people who rely on enhanced strength and organic powers.
    Skills: Bi-lingual (German and English), planning ahead, using his powers to quickly kill individuals.
    Theme: Lone Digger- Caravan Palace
    Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse