NATION

PASSWORD

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A New Chapter (OOC) (Reboot)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Avicent wrote:I haven't seen the anime, but I was thinking of putting something in cause I'm dying to join an RP, is there something I could do like a fighter pilot?

You don't need to know anything about the anime to enjoy this, and yes there are fighter pilots in the series. In the case of a regular pilot, he would be a captain but as a Commodore, he would command a squadron.

The Empire uses Walkure class fighters and the Alliance Spartaninan class fighters
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Avicent
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Avicent » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Britanania wrote:
Avicent wrote:I haven't seen the anime, but I was thinking of putting something in cause I'm dying to join an RP, is there something I could do like a fighter pilot?

You don't need to know anything about the anime to enjoy this, and yes there are fighter pilots in the series. In the case of a regular pilot, he would be a captain but as a Commodore, he would command a squadron.

The Empire uses Walkure class fighters and the Alliance Spartaninan class fighters

Sweet I'll have an app up in a bit

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Avicent wrote:
Britanania wrote:You don't need to know anything about the anime to enjoy this, and yes there are fighter pilots in the series. In the case of a regular pilot, he would be a captain but as a Commodore, he would command a squadron.

Sweet I'll have an app up in a bit

Fantastic.

Oh, and I'll have the IC up soon-ish.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Looks like we got some people! Can't wait to have fun.

Also, Britanania, it might be a good idea to link the Gineiapedia in the OP, for anyone new to the series.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Riysa wrote:Looks like we got some people! Can't wait to have fun.

Also, Britanania, it might be a good idea to link the Gineiapedia in the OP, for anyone new to the series.

That sounds like a prudent idea.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Avicent
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avicent » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Name: Cpt. James Davis
Allegiance: Alliance
Appearance:

Bio: James was always a trouble maker, his mother would say it comes from his fathers side, the single mother of 2. She would get called to the office almost daily. But it's just how James liked it, being the center of attention. It would sound crazy that he would want to fly for the alliance. His motto seemed "Ah if I'm gonna do something why not fly around dinking other ships". He went to the academy, for the first time in his life studied, and got his own ship.

Now flying with a squadron while his troublemaking hasn't subsided he gained the trait of being cocky. While he might pull a few strings on his fellow pilots he always has their back no matter what, and leaves no one behind. after fighting a few battles since he joined, he's racked up many walküres hoping that they talk about him 'over there'. He also thanks the service because "If I hadn't joined up I would of probably been doing crime and doing drugs back home, but now my mother is even proud of me" He says constantly.
Skills: Flies dangerously, Lives to take down his objective trying his hardest
Personality: Cocky, Overly-Confident, Jokes around a lot
Strengths and Weaknesses:Strength: Confidence, Maneuverability
Weakness: Very-Cocky, Gets in trouble easily

Likes/dislikes: Likes: Music (Mostly metal), Gambling [Cheating at gambling], Laughing with friends
Dislikes: Buzzkills, Snobs, 'soft' music

RP Sample:[I haven't been in many so here]

James chuckled looking at his cards "And then this one had to pass the objective three times before he saw it"
His friends laughed except for one "Hey you can't blame me for that, the damn computer wasn't working" The thin nerd looking kid said fixing his glasses accidentally knocking over his drink
"Ay come on!" the other guy said wiping the drink off his pants, giving James just enough time to switch out a 2 for a king "These are my good pants"
The four others began yelling at each other, James said "Ay lets get back to this game, Glasses what do you got?"
"Nuthin"
"I got a pair of 3's"
The third guy already folded
"Looks like I got this one" He shows two pairs, Queens and 9's
"Not so fast" James smirked showing his cards
"You fucking cheater!" Glasses said just as the alarm buzzed "Doesn't matter now, get to your Spartanians we've got company"

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Avicent wrote:Name: Cpt. James Davis
Appearance:
Bio: James was always a trouble maker, his mother would say it comes from his fathers side, the single mother of 2. She would get called to the office almost daily. But it's just how James liked it, being the center of attention. It would sound crazy that he would want to fly for the alliance. His motto seemed "Ah if I'm gonna do something why not fly around dinking other ships". He went to the academy, for the first time in his life studied, and got his own ship.

Now flying with a squadron while his troublemaking hasn't subsided he gained the trait of being cocky. While he might pull a few strings on his fellow pilots he always has their back no matter what, and leaves no one behind. after fighting a few battles since he joined, he's racked up many walküres hoping that they talk about him 'over there'. He also thanks the service because "If I hadn't joined up I would of probably been doing crime and doing drugs back home, but now my mother is even proud of me" He says constantly.

Likes/dislikes: Likes: Music (Mostly metal), Gambling [Cheating at gambling], Laughing with friends

James chuckled looking at his cards "And then this one had to pass the objective three times before he saw it"
His friends laughed except for one "Hey you can't blame me for that, the damn computer wasn't working" The thin nerd looking kid said fixing his glasses accidentally knocking over his drink
"Ay come on!" the other guy said wiping the drink off his pants, giving James just enough time to switch out a 2 for a king "These are my good pants"
The four others began yelling at each other, James said "Ay lets get back to this game, Glasses what do you got?"
"Nuthin"
"I got a pair of 3's"
"You fucking cheater!" Glasses said just as the alarm buzzed "Doesn't matter now, get to your Spartanians we've got company"

Accepted. At least for now, we have an even number of Imperial and Alliance characters

Avicent
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avicent » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Britanania wrote:
Avicent wrote:Name: Cpt. James Davis
Appearance:

"Nuthin"
"I got a pair of 3's"

Accepted. At least for now, we have an even number of Imperial and Alliance characters

Lol ye, I thought adding one more to the empire would make it way out of proportion

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Avicent wrote:
Britanania wrote:Accepted. At least for now, we have an even number of Imperial and Alliance characters

Lol ye, I thought adding one more to the empire would make it way out of proportion

The two factions are fairly balanced on purpose so we can have an interesting dynamic. It's less Star Wars where one side has a clear advantage.

Oh, so all of our characters are going to particpate in this battle is the plan. Bagdash commanding the Alliance forces and von Iseburg the Empire.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Perfect - I'll try to get an initial post up tonight.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 pm

I imagined that both fleets would first arrive before the battle begins, so a post from Jade and a post from Riysa before the fun starts.

Avicent
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avicent » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am

I'll try to get something up after riysa, it wouldnt make much sense for me rn

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 am

Avicent wrote:I'll try to get something up after riysa, it wouldnt make much sense for me rn

You could post what James does before the battles or anything to flesh him out if you wanted to post.

Avicent
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avicent » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Britanania wrote:
Avicent wrote:I'll try to get something up after riysa, it wouldnt make much sense for me rn

You could post what James does before the battles or anything to flesh him out if you wanted to post.

Sorry about that I'll post tonight just been a super busy day

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Looks like Riysa is up next, and then the battle can begin in earnest

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

How do you all feel about me making a Discord server? A lot of RPs nowadays use them.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:00 pm

I dont think there is a need for that as of yet. Do you think one of us should switch and take control of the Alliance side of things to move the RP along?

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:I dont think there is a need for that as of yet. Do you think one of us should switch and take control of the Alliance side of things to move the RP along?

If Riysa doesn't post tonight or early tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon I'll handle the Alliance fleet.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Britanania wrote:If Riysa doesn't post tonight or early tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon I'll handle the Alliance fleet.

Yes, I think two active Rpers is enough to make the core of the RP progress since there really is only two sides.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Britanania wrote:If Riysa doesn't post tonight or early tomorrow, then tomorrow afternoon I'll handle the Alliance fleet.

Yes, I think two active Rpers is enough to make the core of the RP progress since there really is only two sides.

Yeah. I'm sure once we get into the swing of things we can get more players, and as I said, for now I will be handing some of the bigger strategic decisions so I can balance the progress well

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Sorry, post is getting bigger than I planned. A post will be going up ASAP, though.

Britanania wrote:How do you all feel about me making a Discord server? A lot of RPs nowadays use them.

I think that's a good idea, its easier to stay in touch that way, IMO.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Riysa wrote:Sorry, post is getting bigger than I planned. A post will be going up ASAP, though.

Britanania wrote:How do you all feel about me making a Discord server? A lot of RPs nowadays use them.

I think that's a good idea, its easier to stay in touch that way, IMO.

If we get a few more players by the weekend I'll set one up.

Riysa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Just posted the majority of my post - there's the deployment and planning I need to fill in, but this is a guarantee that I am still alive. :p

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Riysa wrote:Just posted the majority of my post - there's the deployment and planning I need to fill in, but this is a guarantee that I am still alive. :p

Well, it looks good xD

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse