NATION

PASSWORD

In An Age of Liberty [OOC | Sign Up]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:35 pm

I feel like I need to say Georgias relations with Virginia are currently warm, with the government supporting a strong relationship with them. I mean in my last IC post one of our more prominent government members visited them to try and help organize deals. I will let the OPs decide but felt like I needed to make that CSAs message is like a guy with a tinfoil hat saying your neighbor, who is having a friendly competition with you, is planning on burning your house down. Doesn't seem righr does it?

Lol. Anyways next post will be probably after two weeks so that'll be next IC Month, about 200,000 troops should cross through the Potomac with my elite reserves defendung North of the Appalachian. Shall be fun.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

The New Kargintina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Kargintina » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I feel like I need to say Georgias relations with Virginia are currently warm, with the government supporting a strong relationship with them. I mean in my last IC post one of our more prominent government members visited them to try and help organize deals. I will let the OPs decide but felt like I needed to make that CSAs message is like a guy with a tinfoil hat saying your neighbor, who is having a friendly competition with you, is planning on burning your house down. Doesn't seem righr does it?

Lol. Anyways next post will be probably after two weeks so that'll be next IC Month, about 200,000 troops should cross through the Potomac with my elite reserves defendung North of the Appalachian. Shall be fun.

I mean, it’s up to Rygondria once he gets in on what he wants to do.
Went away for a while now I'm back. Add a couple thousand posts to my count

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:49 am

Tres bien!
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:57 pm

The New Kargintina wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I feel like I need to say Georgias relations with Virginia are currently warm, with the government supporting a strong relationship with them. I mean in my last IC post one of our more prominent government members visited them to try and help organize deals. I will let the OPs decide but felt like I needed to make that CSAs message is like a guy with a tinfoil hat saying your neighbor, who is having a friendly competition with you, is planning on burning your house down. Doesn't seem righr does it?

I mean, it’s up to Rygondria once he gets in on what he wants to do.

I didn't see there was a reservation for him, so didn't know. But still I don't think there would be much of a reason to fight some one who you are friendly with
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Speaking of reservation, just finishing up the history and it should be up tonight, i also noticed that Virginia sent trail of tears into Georgia, i am willing to forgive that but it would not have been well recived when it happened,

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Rygondria wrote:Speaking of reservation, just finishing up the history and it should be up tonight, i also noticed that Virginia sent trail of tears into Georgia, i am willing to forgive that but it would not have been well recived when it happened,

Where did I say that? They were mostly sent to Louisiana, rebels that is. They slowly began immigrating, being forced or otherwise, after. I might need to check my history again

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Speaking of reservation, just finishing up the history and it should be up tonight, i also noticed that Virginia sent trail of tears into Georgia, i am willing to forgive that but it would not have been well recived when it happened,

Where did I say that? They were mostly sent to Louisiana, rebels that is. They slowly began immigrating, being forced or otherwise, after. I might need to check my history again

I thought i saw forced death march, could of been mistaken however

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Republic of Georgia
Symbols: Flag: https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/u/us-ga1.gif
Population: 5,543,992
Capital City: Savannah

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Presidential Republic
Brief Explanation of Government:The Republic of Georgia could be seen as very similar to both the Confederate states and the French Republic, but it has taken a very more moderate and somewhat conservative view of their republican values. The president head's the executive branch for 5 year term's with the title of commander in chief of the Georgian military. The senate and house of representatives make up the legislative branch while the judiciary branch is mostly independent of the other two. Elections are universal on paper but women are not allowed to vote as well as members of the African population.
Ideology: Republicanism, Conservatism, free trade, capitalism.
Leader/s: President Buford Pelman
Relations
Friendly
The Csa: As a fellow republic and remains of the old usa Georgia tries to keep both trade and diplomatic relation's open and as cordial as possible
The Kingdom of Virginia and the Carolina's: Though a monarchy which makes Georgians very wary the Virginians have made effort's to establish ties with the republic which Georgia reciprocated.
France: Considered a model for republican values, yet some in Georgia view as too radical france hold's a place in Georgia as not only one of the largest buyer's of Georgian cotton, but as land worth emulating, but not too radically of course.
Neutal
The Uk: Trading in Georgian cotton,as some bias against due their colonial past, interested in purchasing the Bahama's, however unlikely that would be.
Brasil: Respect's as a hegemon and a trading partner, alarmed at the establishment of a relative on the Cuban throne.
New York/Massachusetts: Trade in cotton and food,not particularly taken seriously as proper nation's seeing their proximity to the CSA, Georgia would think it pointless to establish an Embassy as they expect them to be absorbed eventually.
Vermont: Same as new York
Interests
Louisana: For the Longest time Gerogia has desired the port of New Orlean's to help Georgian naval power in the area, but fear of french reprisal has kept the Georgian's from attempting anything at the moment.
Cuba: Cuba has always been of interest to Georgia ever since it had sized Spanish Florida, the recent seizure and enthronement of a Brazilian royal by the empire has panicked many in the political and business circles fearing their investment's are in danger. They demand that Savannah safeguard their investment/ possibly remove the monarchist's prescience so close to Florida, but the Brazilian hegemony prevent's any drastic motions for now.
The Border land's: Though The kingdom of Virgina and The Republic share a decent the various border region's they share could pose to be a future tinderbox between the two nation's especially as member's of Georgia's cotton planter's attempt to extend claims into Virginian lands.
Hostile
Haiti: The slaughter of Vincent Smith and various investor's in Haitian capital by a mob as enraged the Georgian government, many in both Savannah and Port Au Prince fear an inevitable Georgian response is forth coming.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people:The Georgian people are of mostly white european descent, but their is not only a growing immigrant class but also a sizable African minority from the slavery days. And their also remain's a few natives, Cherokee mostly, who did not flee or where not forced out when the Georgian's started to seize their lands during the Cherokee war of 1799. Florida is the most diverse of the states however with Seminole and Cubans/Spaniards joining the Georgian's and African population.
Religion: The majority is of protestant leaning's but their is a strong catholic presecne in Southern Florida along with recent immigration bringing in a variety of other faith's into the republic.
Ethnicity: Mainly White Anglo Saxon but Florida and recent immigration have changed up demographics's a bit
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Georgian, Cuban, Spanish
Other Cultures: African's the various immigrant groups, and the native groups that remain in republic territory.

Military Info
Army: Made up of 59,000 thousand men with another 35,000 men in reserve in the various militia's that also make up a home guard. The army of Magnolia (Alabama) and Mississippi has about 25,000 men while the Georgia has about the same with nine thousand serving in Florida. The army is relatively modern but depend's on arm's imported arms from Europe, but their is a small push to create a domestic arm's industry.
Navy: With it's location on both the Atlantic coast and the Caribbean Georgia field's a rather impressive navy for it size, with 25,000 active duty aswell as 20,000 reserves it copies it doctrine from the British model with 20 destroyer's 2 battle ships 12 cruisers and a about a dozen transports for it's 6,000 thousand marine's. It is a impressive, but compared to the European power's and Brazil it is rather small, and the navy is currently consuming more of the budget than even the army and is considered a financial strain on the republic currently unless it is reformed.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The economy is a very agarian one with cash crops, the most important being cotton and indigo grown on large plantations being the mainstay of the economy. Though the majority of of crops are grown by smaller farmer's the plantations are an ever encompassing presence, even with slavery's death in the 1875 the plantations,using a mixture of Sharecropping and during the year's immediately after the abolition of slavery, indentured servitude and even convict labor has remained profitable. Tourism in Florida serves as a other source of income with it's fair weather and beaches attracting many from across the continent and even beyond. Industry is focused in the cities and is mainly used to process the raw good's from agriculture with the textile industry being the largest though the republic is trying to diversify their industries in efforts to catch up with their neighbors to the north.
Goals: To fully industrialize, to extend Georgian influence westward and into the Caribbean, To Delicately balance the relations with the power's of Europe.

History: Georgia started it's history as a royal colony in the British holding's in North America, being established in 1730, as the last of the 13 colonies. It was not as important as their northern neighbors during the revolution but it served as a battleground between loyalist and patriot forces for the majority of the war with Savannah only falling to the Patriots in 1782. During the short lived period of their membership in the United States georgia faced many disputes with both the creek and Cherokee nation's who held much land in the area, settlers began moving into native lands without a treaty frustrating them and leaving the state government fearing a war with them asked the central government for aid. Congress did little to aid Georgia frustrating the state greatly who viewed a more centralized state was needed to protect their interests.

This was not to come to pass however, for the articles of confederation was collapsing and along with it the United States itself, Georgia declared independence in 1792 and began it's first election's who elected William Few as the first president of the Republic of Georgia. Conflict first broke out with the Creek in 1796 when farmer's assaulted the tribal land's along with support of the Newly minted army of the republic and drove them out of Georgia after two year's of fighting. The Cherokee where the next to be taken in the Cherokee of 1799 which saw many of the Cherokee land's taken over by the Government. 1814 saw the incorporation of Magnolia. into the republic as a state, this also began precursory settlement into Mississippi.

While Georgia was looking west it was also looking south towards Iberian held Florida, which it viewed, besides Louisiana as a danger and and an opportunity, the danger being a possible Spanish attack into the republic, and the opportunity of adding Florida into the republic, it was decided that Florida was to be added into the republic by congress and in 1824 President Bradshaw was given authorization to Purchase Florida from the Iberian's for a total of 40 million dollars. The Natives resisted Georgian rules however which began the Seminole war of 1826 which saw the republic break Seminole resistance in Florida. in 1837 Missisippi was incorporated into the Republic and Iberia Refused to sell Cuba to Georgia, which caused much talk of just flat out seizing it from them, though this never happened the plan is still on the table even to the current era.

The next decades saw many changes to Georgia, immigrants from europe and cuba where coming in increasing numbers, a slave revolt was put down in 1867 which caused the abolition of slavery the following year, native migration from virgina into gerogia caused some tension put was died down. King Cottonm which was always big continues to grow in power, but faces competition from virgina and British India. They watched with great apprehension as Cuba was liberated by Brasil and a relative of the empeor was installed to the Cuban throne, which many in the republic view as a threat to their interest's. in 1902 the Whig party for the first time in 30 years secured congress and senate and had Buford Pelman of St.Augustine elected as president of the republic. Many thing's face Mr.Pelman in 1903, the murder of Vincent Smith and the Hatian cotton company has left the people clamoring for vegence as many in the Whig part also urge Pelman to do someting to protect intrest's in cuba. While up north the Cotton Kings of the border land's are trying the patience of the Virginian planters as the squabble for land, casuing tension in the usualy warm ties. All of this while war is brewing between the CSA and The Kingdom of Virginia, the two nations too which Georgia has significant ties with, 1903 will be a very interesting year for Georgia, and for Mr.Pelman aswell.
RP Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=382741&p=31725156&hilit=dudley#p31725156
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Sorry for double post but app is ready.
Last edited by Rygondria on Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 am

@Ry, app looks good to me.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:51 am

Should have another post up tonight, with luck. Mongolian shenanigans inbound.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Posted. Russia I've replied. Japan, I will send a letter in backfill soon.
I'm really tired

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Gotta juggle The CSA and Virginia aswell as cuba and kicking Haitian ass all in the same year. Fun times for Georgia

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Rodez wrote:Towards the end of Alexander's reign, since in this timeline he survived the assassination attempt and lived until 1886.

Russia doesn't really care about absolutism in other countries; the Romanovs have been pursuing reform so as to undermine revolutionaries (i.e., a political necessity), not because they *want* full constitutional monarchy. If anything, being absolutist is something of a plus.

No I wouldn't mind that at all. How old is Demetrios?

Well he was in his mid twenties in 1882, so I'd imagine 21 years later, he'd be in his 40s.

Well, Alexander II could have married his daughter Maria Alexandrovna (born 1853) off to Demetrios. Alternatively, since this is alternate history we can always invent any number of Romanov cousins of a suitable age.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Posted. Russia I've replied. Japan, I will send a letter in backfill soon.

Big boi post has arrived.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:53 am

I suppose it’s time to tell the Northern Americans to knock it off or I’m coming up there >:U

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:59 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:I suppose it’s time to tell the Northern Americans to knock it off or I’m coming up there >:U

What a way to unite the Disunited States.

WE MUST STAND TOGETHER OR THE PORTUGUESE MEXICANS WILL GET US!
I'm really tired

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:00 am

Rodez wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Well he was in his mid twenties in 1882, so I'd imagine 21 years later, he'd be in his 40s.

Well, Alexander II could have married his daughter Maria Alexandrovna (born 1853) off to Demetrios. Alternatively, since this is alternate history we can always invent any number of Romanov cousins of a suitable age.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Posted. Russia I've replied. Japan, I will send a letter in backfill soon.

Big boi post has arrived.

Great!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:10 am

Rygondria wrote:Gotta juggle The CSA and Virginia aswell as cuba and kicking Haitian ass all in the same year. Fun times for Georgia

Listen bro, I don't want a Balkan Wars in America, and I especially don't want to be Bulgaria in said Balkan Wars, you feel me? We're cotton buddies, plus I'll help arm your nation with modern tech, we can develop a really nice friendship,

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am

Rygondria wrote:Gotta juggle The CSA and Virginia aswell as cuba and kicking Haitian ass all in the same year. Fun times for Georgia

Listen bro, I don't want a Balkan Wars in America, and I especially don't want to be Bulgaria in said Balkan Wars, you feel me? We're cotton buddies, plus I'll help arm your nation with modern tech, we can develop a really nice friendship,

Well their is the whole monarchy thing, but then again ya aint Yankees, but i like you guya both, dont make me choose

Liecthenbourg wrote:I suppose it’s time to tell the Northern Americans to knock it off or I’m coming up there >:U

Does that include me wanthing to kick Haitian ass

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Listen bro, I don't want a Balkan Wars in America, and I especially don't want to be Bulgaria in said Balkan Wars, you feel me? We're cotton buddies, plus I'll help arm your nation with modern tech, we can develop a really nice friendship,

Well their is the whole monarchy thing, but then again ya aint Yankees, but i like you guya both, dont make me choose

A Constitutional Monarchy! Also I don't want you to, I am not trying to force you to do anything. I just would prefer if you did not accept CSA's deal. Bulgarias cool and all, but doesn't mean I want to be it.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Rygondria wrote:Well their is the whole monarchy thing, but then again ya aint Yankees, but i like you guya both, dont make me choose

A Constitutional Monarchy! Also I don't want you to, I am not trying to force you to do anything. I just would prefer if you did not accept CSA's deal. Bulgarias cool and all, but doesn't mean I want to be it.

Oh i know you aint forcing me..wad just trying to make a joke.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Great American War let's go
I'm really tired

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:08 pm

I think I'll switch to apping for the North German Confederation since nobody has taken up the mantle. I'm not sure when I'll get an app up for it though.

Inmeria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Inmeria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Region and Number: 19
Nation Name: Kingdom of the Hellenes
777 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Megali Idea 2: Electric Boogaloo, I'm going to Hellenize you.
The Inmerian Holy Empire was founded by a migratory group of Pagan Europeans who were fleeing persecution from Christian Rome in the early 100's C.E. While seeking shelter in a large cave system, they found a teleportation device left behind by a still unknown Precursor species that transported them to the planet Arsiarci. The planet was a leyline and generated Aeonic Powers (magic) in the population. The strongest Aeon among them developed a cult of personality and would eventually come to be the God-Emperor of an Inmerian civilization that spans the stars. They would come back into contact with their homeworld of Terra nearly two-and-a-half millennia later.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Apologies for the oddly unconventional post: but I was artistically inspired!

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse