NATION

PASSWORD

In An Age of Liberty [OOC | Sign Up]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:So is there any detail as to how and when the Russians secured the independence of Pontus, cause if not, I can always fill in the gaps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrio_Stefanopoli

It's more recent, as the Ottoman collapse is relatively recent and they are at the moment on the verge of civil war.

As for the details, they are up to you to decide with the Russian and Ottoman players.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am

Krugmar wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:So is there any detail as to how and when the Russians secured the independence of Pontus, cause if not, I can always fill in the gaps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrio_Stefanopoli

It's more recent, as the Ottoman collapse is relatively recent and they are at the moment on the verge of civil war.

As for the details, they are up to you to decide with the Russian and Ottoman players.

What year? What decade?
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krugmar
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Krugmar wrote:

What year? What decade?

I can't give you precise dates, you'd have to ask the person who reserved the Ottomans for those.

I'd imagine a slightly different Second Egyptian–Ottoman War (1839–1841) was the start, and from there things have simply gotten worse. The Pontic State was probably carved out in the 1880s or 90s, I'd imagine, making it fairly young.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 am

Krugmar wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:What year? What decade?

I can't give you precise dates, you'd have to ask the person who reserved the Ottomans for those.

I'd imagine a slightly different Second Egyptian–Ottoman War (1839–1841) was the start, and from there things have simply gotten worse. The Pontic State was probably carved out in the 1880s or 90s, I'd imagine, making it fairly young.

Or maybe during the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-1829?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Generic Info
Nation Name: Empire of Pontus
Symbols:
Population: circa 1,000,000
Capital City: Trebizond (Trabzon)

Government Info
Government Type: Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: (explain all the complex/unique stuff that can't be described in the type section)
Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Leader/s: Emperor Demetrios I Komnenos-Romanov
Relations

Russian Empire: WIP
French Republic: WIP
Ottoman Empire: WIP
British Empire: WIP

Population Info
Brief Description of your people:
Religion: Greek Orthodox Christianity,
Ethnicity:Greek
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Greek, Armenian, Russian
Other Cultures: Turkish

Military Info
Army: 30,000 troops, 3,000 Russian Garrison troops; surplus equipment bought from Russia
Navy: 1 battleship (plus crew), makeshift fishing boats

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:Agrarian, Minorly Industrialized
Goals: WIP
History: In 1782, Demetrio Stefanopoli, a Greek from Corsica, who's family traced their origins to the old Byzantine Imperial family of Komnenos, received lettres patentes from King Louis XVI of France, recognizing his family's claim. During the madness and chaos of the French Revolution, in 1792, Stefanopoli and his family fled to St-Petersburg to the Court of Tsarina Catherine the Great (ruled: 1762 - 1796). After ingratiating himself to the Tsarina, and to her son, the future Paul I, Stefanopoli suggested the creation of a pro-Russian statelet in Pontus, with himself as "Emperor of Trebizond" - making use of the historical fact that the Komemnos Family ruled Pontus until the Ottomans conquered it in 1460. The Tsarina was enamoured with the scheme, and also recognized Stefanopoli's familial claim. She promised to install him as Emperor of Pontus as soon as she could. But unfortunately, other matters occupied her attention, and she died in 1796, her promise unfulfilled.

The Stefanopoli family remained in St-Petersburg, always near the Imperial Court, always hanging on to a hope. The marriage of Demetrios' grandson, Alexios, to a Romanov Princess in 1860 seemed to once again open the door. In 1881, Tsar Alexander II sent an expeditionary force to Pontus, and at long-last, the Greeks of Pontus were free! The Greeks and Armenians of Pontus rallied to the Russian cause and acclaimed Demetrios Komnenos-Romanov, the son of Alexios; and leader of the Expedition, as Emperor of Pontus.

Emperor Demetrios I (ruled: 1882 AD - present) focused his early reign on building up a Pontic military, comrpised primarily of Pontic Greeks, Armenians, and Russian volunteers; not to mention a 3,000 Russian force left in the strategic ports of Trebizond and Sinope by the Tsar. Emperor Demetrios also purchased a battleship from the Russians, for the Pontian Navy. The Emperor also devoted many resources to the creation of the Imperial Security Service (the Intelligence Arm of the State). The ISS was responsible for monitoring enemies of Pontus both foreign (Turkey) and domestic. Emperor Demetrios also encouraged foreign investment in his realm, from Russian, German and other companies, as Pontus was renowned for its large deposits of coal, and the export of nuts and other agricultural products. This allowed the Emperor to devote most of the State funds to Military and Intelligence. Although in the late 1890s, he began to undertake major public works programs; such as the construction of railroads. The Empire of Pontus maintained very good relations with its Russian patrons, but also strove to forge good relations with other regional Powers such as Persia and Egypt, so as to counter the Ottoman behemoth on its doorstep. Needless to say, the Emperor was very amicable with his fellow Greeks of the Kingdom of the Hellenes; proposing a marriage alliance with the King of Greece, arranging to marry his daughter to the Greek King's son.

Generally popular, and secure on his throne, the Emperor began to look to the faltering Ottoman Empire as both a source of opportunity, and also of great dread. The other Greeks of Anatolia were languishing under the Turkish yoke, still, and with the Sultan's grasp on power fading, the time to strike would be soon. But there was also the threat of revolutionary forces spreading into his otherwise peaceful realm; as major riots by striking factory workers in 1900, showed.
WIP

RP Sample: (required, send Telegram with a sample of what your post would be like if you have not participated in any previous RPs)
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

So far so good?

The New Kargintina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Kargintina » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Mifan wrote:Region and Number: North America, 31
Nation Name: Serene Republic of New York
777 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Ohhhhhhhhh fuck
Went away for a while now I'm back. Add a couple thousand posts to my count

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Damn I should've looked at CSAs app begorr making my Navy, I thought having two USS Maines would be op but he has 3 battleships, though to be fair my dockyards par from Virginia pale in comparison to his.

submarine time i guess
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Krugmar wrote:

Or maybe during the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-1829?

If you look at my history, Russia launches an intervention to support Pontic rebels in the year 1890, since that’s around when the Ottomans started coming undone, but I can make it a bit earlier if you like.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Rodez wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Or maybe during the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-1829?

If you look at my history, Russia launches an intervention to support Pontic rebels in the year 1890, since that’s around when the Ottomans started coming undone, but I can make it a bit earlier if you like.

1881-1882?

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:40 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Rodez wrote:If you look at my history, Russia launches an intervention to support Pontic rebels in the year 1890, since that’s around when the Ottomans started coming undone, but I can make it a bit earlier if you like.

1881-1882?

Works for me.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

So, I'm not going to be able to app for Germany since I can't figure out what it would end up as, nor do I think I have the time to do it justice really, any other recommendations for nations people?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:So, I'm not going to be able to app for Germany since I can't figure out what it would end up as, nor do I think I have the time to do it justice really, any other recommendations for nations people?

I don't know, I would suggest the Americas as its receiving a bit of attention, but then again if your Europe oriented then I'd say Italy or the Balkans looks interesting, though that's just my preference to smaller nations.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:So, I'm not going to be able to app for Germany since I can't figure out what it would end up as, nor do I think I have the time to do it justice really, any other recommendations for nations people?

I don't know, I would suggest the Americas as its receiving a bit of attention, but then again if your Europe oriented then I'd say Italy or the Balkans looks interesting, though that's just my preference to smaller nations.

Revolutionary Italy looks like it could be a very fun time. I almost went for that.
Last edited by Rodez on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Krugmar
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Kisinger wrote:
Generic Info
Nation Name: Republic of Japan, '日本国,' Nipponkoku
Symbols: Flag of the Republic, Anthem of the Republic
Population: 45,437,920
Capital City: de jure Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture de facto Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture

Accepted.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Rodez wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:1881-1882?

Works for me.

So towards the end of the reign of Tsar Alexander II, and the beginning of Tsar Vladimir's reign?

Also if Russia is pursuing a policy of Constitutional Monarchy, how do they feel about Emperor Demetrios I reigning as an Absolute Monarch?

Also, you don't mind that I had Emperor Demetrios marry a Romanov Princess? Perhaps a sister or cousin of Tsar Vladimir's?

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Generic Info
Symbols:

Population: 5,000,000
Capital City: New York City

Government Info
Government Type:Liberal Democracy
Brief Explanation of Government: The government is broken down into three branches: The executive, judicial, and legislative. The judicial branch handles the laws of the nation, handing down justice when needed. The judicial branch is supposedly neutral in ideology, but is easily influenced by government officials to intemperate the constitution in certain ways. However, the branch is not afraid to go against the government, and deem laws or actions, unconstitutional if the need arises. The Legislative Branch is made up of the an Assembly, where seats are allocated based on the population of a region, leading to NYC having the most power and say within the government. The other states hate the idea of having NYC having the most power, and usually forms a coalition against the city to try and push its own agenda through. The Assembly has 60 seats and is able to vote the president out of office if need be. It is also in charge of creating the laws, and can override a veto from the president. The executive branch is in charge of enforcing the laws of the nation, accepting or rejecting proposed laws, and is in charge of the military. With most tasks delegated to the legislative branch, the executive branch usually works alongside the military to make sure that the defense of the state is up to standards. In recent years, the executive branch has been trying to consolidate more power, but was met with strong resistance from both the Assembly and the courts, both of whom wanted to keep the republic as a republic, and not just a republic in name. All three branches have many checks against one another, leading to a lot of deadlock between the various branches.
Ideology: Liberal Conservatism
Leader/s: Head of State: President Arthur Powell
Head of Government: Vice President Camden Stafford
General of the Army: Liam Allen
Admiral of the Home Fleet: Morgan Cole
Relations
Confederate States of America: Seen as the biggest threat to the freedom of New York. The government doesn't recognize its authority, and wishes to see the nation burned to the ground.

The Republic of Vermont: The Republic doesn't have much interests in Vermont, but is willing to open trade with another nation on the region.

Kingdom of Virginia and the Carolinas: While the Republic doesn't support the monarchy, as it goes against the ideals of what the revolution fought for, it's willing to look for closer ties, mainly as a deterrent to the CSA.

Canadian Confederation: The Republic is willing to open up more diplomacy with the nation, mainly through trade.

Republic of Massachusetts: While the Republic recognizes the authority of Massachusetts, in hopes of forming an alliance against the CSA, secretly, plans are being made to control the state once the looming threat of the CSA is over.
Population Info
Religion:Roman Catholicism, but anybody is allowed to practice their faith in peace.
Ethnicity:Caucasians mainly, with sprinkles of African-American, Hispanics, and Asians.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Whites
Other Cultures: Anybody not white.

Military Info
Army: 50,000. 40,000 Active. 10,000 Reserve
The Army of New York serves as the main line of defense of the capital. Soldiers in this army are mainly from New York City and Long Island. Its HQ is located in NYC, as well as most of the unit during peace. Being made up of mainly New Yorkers, the unit is very loyal to the government, highly trained, and highly disciplined, willing to fight till the last to protect the city that they love. However, just like many other units, the Army of New York is only willing to protect NYC, and doesn't care for the other states of the Republic. The Unit is made up of 20,000 soldiers, and are usually near the border of the CSA due to the high tensions between the two nations. The Army usually has fairly good equipment, given priority after the Republican Guard.

The Republican Guard is tasked with defending the president, his closest associates, and other high ranking officials of the republic. Stationed in NYC, the unit is made up of the most loyal soldiers to the government, mainly the president and the General of the Army. Numbering 5,000 soldiers, they're seen as the last line of defense in the event that an enemy is able to reach NYC. Specialized in urban combat, the Republican Guard is to make a battle for NYC as bloody as possible for an invader. They are given high priority in getting the best equipment that money can buy.

The Army of New Jersey is tasked with two objectives. It is to defend Northern New Jersey, and, if possible, launch an attack to secure the rest of the state. Stationed in Jersey City, and numbering around 15,000 soldiers, the Army of New Jersey is given high training, but average to outdated equipment, as the front in New Jersey isn't seen as that important.

The Army of Connecticut and Rhode Island is seen as a reserve force. Numbering 10,000, the army is stationed in New Haven, and tasked with sending reinforcements to either New York or New Jersey. Th e unit is largely left ignored by the government, and as such, doesn't have much willingness to fight for the other two states, instead, wanting to focus on staying home and defending the two states is named after. The unit receives outdated weaponry, and usually receives little training compared to the other three units. As such, its military capability is very limiting.

Navy: 10,000. 6,000 Active. 4,000 Reserve
3 light cruisers
13 destroyers
8 submarines
15 patrol boats

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: New York's economy is tiny compared to those of the larger nations. However, the nation is very industrialized due to the majority of the population living in urban centers, and is a good trading port in the region. However, the nation doesn't have the capability to grow much food due to the climate and as such, is forced to import food from abroad.
Goals: Not get annexed, reclaim all of New York and New Jersey, maybe control Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
History:
1775: American Revolution Begins

1776: Washington moves his Army to New York City, but is forced from the city after a British counter attack. The city would remain under British control for the rest of the war.

1783: British forces withdrew from the city after peace was made and independence gained.

1785: New York City is made the nation's capital.

1785-1800: After Shay's Rebellion and the failure of the Articles of Confederation, the United States began to dissolve, with many of the former members seeking their own path. NYC initially remained loyal to the government, but after seeing that the United States had no chance of being saved, declared its own independence, taking with it, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and half of New Jersey. Once a constitution was drafted, the Serene Republic of New York was founded. During this time, slavery was also abolished within the Republic, as slave labor wasn't useful any longer, leading to many former slaves looking for other jobs in the nation.

1800-1900: The Republic, with its urbanized population, and coastal location, began looking for trade with other nations, mainly in terms of food and raw materials. Trade would allow the nation to industrialize throughout the 19th century, leading to a large number of jobs becoming open, and to mass immigration as many came to the nation to look for new work and to escape persecution at home. While this led to economic growth, it also led to heightened tensions between the various groups, and riots broke out in 1845, leading to the military being sent in, and over 200 dead. The Republic made some reforms to try and deescalate the tension, but to no avail. As such, a harsh crackdown commenced, with the military being tasked with keeping the peace for the remainder of the year. In 1851, the government began reforms in the military, wanting to follow the British example of having a small but disciplined force. Race relations during this time, were horrible, with groups of both sides resorting to violence in various incidents, and communities being segregated heavily, an effect still going on in the present. In 1885, a CSA ship explodes off the coast of New York. The government denied any involvement and tensions between the two nations rose, leading to another series of military reforms.

1903: Present Day

RP Sample:

Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Rodez wrote:Works for me.

So towards the end of the reign of Tsar Alexander II, and the beginning of Tsar Vladimir's reign?

Also if Russia is pursuing a policy of Constitutional Monarchy, how do they feel about Emperor Demetrios I reigning as an Absolute Monarch?

Also, you don't mind that I had Emperor Demetrios marry a Romanov Princess? Perhaps a sister or cousin of Tsar Vladimir's?

Towards the end of Alexander's reign, since in this timeline he survived the assassination attempt and lived until 1886.

Russia doesn't really care about absolutism in other countries; the Romanovs have been pursuing reform so as to undermine revolutionaries (i.e., a political necessity), not because they *want* full constitutional monarchy. If anything, being absolutist is something of a plus.

No I wouldn't mind that at all. How old is Demetrios?
Last edited by Rodez on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Mifan wrote:
Generic Info
Symbols:

Population: 5,000,000
Capital City: New York City

Government Info
Government Type:Liberal Democracy
Brief Explanation of Government: The government is broken down into three branches: The executive, judicial, and legislative. The judicial branch handles the laws of the nation, handing down justice when needed. The judicial branch is supposedly neutral in ideology, but is easily influenced by government officials to intemperate the constitution in certain ways. However, the branch is not afraid to go against the government, and deem laws or actions, unconstitutional if the need arises. The Legislative Branch is made up of the an Assembly, where seats are allocated based on the population of a region, leading to NYC having the most power and say within the government. The other states hate the idea of having NYC having the most power, and usually forms a coalition against the city to try and push its own agenda through. The Assembly has 60 seats and is able to vote the president out of office if need be. It is also in charge of creating the laws, and can override a veto from the president. The executive branch is in charge of enforcing the laws of the nation, accepting or rejecting proposed laws, and is in charge of the military. With most tasks delegated to the legislative branch, the executive branch usually works alongside the military to make sure that the defense of the state is up to standards. In recent years, the executive branch has been trying to consolidate more power, but was met with strong resistance from both the Assembly and the courts, both of whom wanted to keep the republic as a republic, and not just a republic in name. All three branches have many checks against one another, leading to a lot of deadlock between the various branches.
Ideology: Liberal Conservatism
Leader/s: Head of State: President Arthur Powell
Head of Government: Vice President Camden Stafford
General of the Army: Liam Allen
Admiral of the Home Fleet: Morgan Cole
Relations
Confederate States of America: Seen as the biggest threat to the freedom of New York. The government doesn't recognize its authority, and wishes to see the nation burned to the ground.

The Republic of Vermont: The Republic doesn't have much interests in Vermont, but is willing to open trade with another nation on the region.

Kingdom of Virginia and the Carolinas: While the Republic doesn't support the monarchy, as it goes against the ideals of what the revolution fought for, it's willing to look for closer ties, mainly as a deterrent to the CSA.

Canadian Confederation: The Republic is willing to open up more diplomacy with the nation, mainly through trade.

Republic of Massachusetts: While the Republic recognizes the authority of Massachusetts, in hopes of forming an alliance against the CSA, secretly, plans are being made to control the state once the looming threat of the CSA is over.
Population Info
Religion:Roman Catholicism, but anybody is allowed to practice their faith in peace.
Ethnicity:Caucasians mainly, with sprinkles of African-American, Hispanics, and Asians.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Whites
Other Cultures: Anybody not white.

Military Info
Army: 50,000. 40,000 Active. 10,000 Reserve
The Army of New York serves as the main line of defense of the capital. Soldiers in this army are mainly from New York City and Long Island. Its HQ is located in NYC, as well as most of the unit during peace. Being made up of mainly New Yorkers, the unit is very loyal to the government, highly trained, and highly disciplined, willing to fight till the last to protect the city that they love. However, just like many other units, the Army of New York is only willing to protect NYC, and doesn't care for the other states of the Republic. The Unit is made up of 20,000 soldiers, and are usually near the border of the CSA due to the high tensions between the two nations. The Army usually has fairly good equipment, given priority after the Republican Guard.

The Republican Guard is tasked with defending the president, his closest associates, and other high ranking officials of the republic. Stationed in NYC, the unit is made up of the most loyal soldiers to the government, mainly the president and the General of the Army. Numbering 5,000 soldiers, they're seen as the last line of defense in the event that an enemy is able to reach NYC. Specialized in urban combat, the Republican Guard is to make a battle for NYC as bloody as possible for an invader. They are given high priority in getting the best equipment that money can buy.

The Army of New Jersey is tasked with two objectives. It is to defend Northern New Jersey, and, if possible, launch an attack to secure the rest of the state. Stationed in Jersey City, and numbering around 15,000 soldiers, the Army of New Jersey is given high training, but average to outdated equipment, as the front in New Jersey isn't seen as that important.

The Army of Connecticut and Rhode Island is seen as a reserve force. Numbering 10,000, the army is stationed in New Haven, and tasked with sending reinforcements to either New York or New Jersey. Th e unit is largely left ignored by the government, and as such, doesn't have much willingness to fight for the other two states, instead, wanting to focus on staying home and defending the two states is named after. The unit receives outdated weaponry, and usually receives little training compared to the other three units. As such, its military capability is very limiting.

Navy: 10,000. 6,000 Active. 4,000 Reserve
3 light cruisers
13 destroyers
8 submarines
15 patrol boats

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: New York's economy is tiny compared to those of the larger nations. However, the nation is very industrialized due to the majority of the population living in urban centers, and is a good trading port in the region. However, the nation doesn't have the capability to grow much food due to the climate and as such, is forced to import food from abroad.
Goals: Not get annexed, reclaim all of New York and New Jersey, maybe control Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
History:
1775: American Revolution Begins

1776: Washington moves his Army to New York City, but is forced from the city after a British counter attack. The city would remain under British control for the rest of the war.

1783: British forces withdrew from the city after peace was made and independence gained.

1785: New York City is made the nation's capital.

1785-1800: After Shay's Rebellion and the failure of the Articles of Confederation, the United States began to dissolve, with many of the former members seeking their own path. NYC initially remained loyal to the government, but after seeing that the United States had no chance of being saved, declared its own independence, taking with it, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and half of New Jersey. Once a constitution was drafted, the Serene Republic of New York was founded. During this time, slavery was also abolished within the Republic, as slave labor wasn't useful any longer, leading to many former slaves looking for other jobs in the nation.

1800-1900: The Republic, with its urbanized population, and coastal location, began looking for trade with other nations, mainly in terms of food and raw materials. Trade would allow the nation to industrialize throughout the 19th century, leading to a large number of jobs becoming open, and to mass immigration as many came to the nation to look for new work and to escape persecution at home. While this led to economic growth, it also led to heightened tensions between the various groups, and riots broke out in 1845, leading to the military being sent in, and over 200 dead. The Republic made some reforms to try and deescalate the tension, but to no avail. As such, a harsh crackdown commenced, with the military being tasked with keeping the peace for the remainder of the year. In 1851, the government began reforms in the military, wanting to follow the British example of having a small but disciplined force. Race relations during this time, were horrible, with groups of both sides resorting to violence in various incidents, and communities being segregated heavily, an effect still going on in the present. In 1885, a CSA ship explodes off the coast of New York. The government denied any involvement and tensions between the two nations rose, leading to another series of military reforms.

1903: Present Day

RP Sample:

Allies?
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:25 pm

I am going to make an artillery shell that is essentially a ball of burning tobacco. It'll be my form of gas haha.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 pm

Damn, will CSA's aggression provoke a huge international war should France accept their alliance? By the way I will begin working on a post now, specifically in regards to military ventures, domestic issues, and discussions in Georgia.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:34 pm

Tag, are companies allowed?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:43 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag, are companies allowed?

Warg please app as New Hampshire I want crazy detailed posts about small thousand man armies fighting each other.
I'm also going to pass what the CSA sent to me to Britain, and say it in a way that they say "BACK OFF".
Last edited by Ruskland-Preuben on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 am

Got my first post out. Its relatively small but due to recent developments I decided I needed to get it out.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:07 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag, are companies allowed?

Only what's on the Roster, I'm afraid.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:22 am

Still working on Georgia's app, work has been limiting my time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse