NATION

PASSWORD

Mars Needs Windex (Space, Comedy - OOC) - Dead

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Hello! So far, there is no deadline for apps. I like lots of RPers in a comedy. Makes it fun. Second, yes we will accept a first time RPer. If you need some advice, I or any of the other players here would be happy to let you know what we do. The Discord link on the first page (OOC) also can be really good for that.

One small question. At first, you say Eulee has no powers. Then you say she can open wounds on others. I have no problem if she can open wounds on others. But then, technically that would be a power...

Otherwise, the app looks good.

Can't everyone open wounds on others?

Yeaaaa. Usually with a knife or something. But if it's with the mind, or some kind of power-related deal, it needs to be listed as a power.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Talchyon wrote:Yeaaaa. Usually with a knife or something. But if it's with the mind, or some kind of power-related deal, it needs to be listed as a power.

My power is to send oxygen to almost every cell in my body!

I know, you all must be so jealous.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 pm

How should I introduce Wade, however.. Hmmm..
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Yeaaaa. Usually with a knife or something. But if it's with the mind, or some kind of power-related deal, it needs to be listed as a power.

My power is to send oxygen to almost every cell in my body!

I know, you all must be so jealous.

Why didn't I think of that?
*facepalm*

Argule and Monteverdeo
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Argule and Monteverdeo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Barapam wrote:Just curious, how is Eulalia pronounced in English? Yulaylia? Or like it's spelled, like in Swedish?

Yes, it's pronounced like Yulaylia.
Talchyon wrote:-snip-
One small question. At first, you say Eulee has no powers. Then you say she can open wounds on others. I have no problem if she can open wounds on others. But then, technically that would be a power...

She does have a power, healing that is. Reopening recently healed wounds is the reverse of the healing power, which is different from inflicting one.
ARGULE AND MONTEVERDEO

"Humans just lead short, boring, insignificant lives, so they make up stories to feel like they're a part of something bigger. They want to blame all the world's problems on some single enemy they can fight, instead of a complex network of interrelated forces beyond anyone's control."
- Pearl

Religion is not the great evil! • As humans it's okay to make mistakes! • Stop pretending marijuana is harmless! • Critical thinking rules!
Argule rhymes with virgule for English speakers.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Ism wrote:Why didn't I think of that?
*facepalm*

In other news, as you are now at 5000 posts, you can never post again or else ruin your post count forever.

Unless you can make it to 10000, or even 100000!
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Argule and Monteverdeo wrote:
Barapam wrote:Just curious, how is Eulalia pronounced in English? Yulaylia? Or like it's spelled, like in Swedish?

Yes, it's pronounced like Yulaylia.
Talchyon wrote:-snip-

She does have a power, healing that is. Reopening recently healed wounds is the reverse of the healing power, which is different from inflicting one.

Ok then. Remember there is a one power limit. It's either healing, or it's opening wounds. Your choice. And then, reflect this in the app, and it should be good.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok then. Remember there is a one power limit. It's either healing, or it's opening wounds. Your choice. And then, reflect this in the app, and it should be good.

Maybe a general wound manipulation?

Or time manipulation . . . of meat?

They could help make sure the meat on the Burger never goes bad!

SC #307

Argule and Monteverdeo
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Argule and Monteverdeo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Ok then. Remember there is a one power limit. It's either healing, or it's opening wounds. Your choice. And then, reflect this in the app, and it should be good.

I changed the powers in the app to:
"Currently, Eulee still cannot figure out why, as an ooman, she has slow healing powers (which only work on organic creatures)."

Auphelia wrote:Maybe a general wound manipulation?

Or time manipulation . . . of meat?

They could help make sure the meat on the Burger never goes bad!

That's actually interesting!
ARGULE AND MONTEVERDEO

"Humans just lead short, boring, insignificant lives, so they make up stories to feel like they're a part of something bigger. They want to blame all the world's problems on some single enemy they can fight, instead of a complex network of interrelated forces beyond anyone's control."
- Pearl

Religion is not the great evil! • As humans it's okay to make mistakes! • Stop pretending marijuana is harmless! • Critical thinking rules!
Argule rhymes with virgule for English speakers.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Argule and Monteverdeo wrote:
APPLICATION

Name: Eulalia “Eulee” Blaine
Species: Ooman. They are almost identical to humans, except they are oviparous and live for an average of 200 human-years. Just like among humans, the possibility of an ooman getting superpowers is highly remote (if they were even possible in the first place).

-snip-
For tracking purposes only - do not delete: Squeegee

Eulee Blaine is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Mars Needs Windex! And glad to have you aboard as a 1st time RP-er. We've all been there, so if we can help you out, let us know.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Hey guys!

Just a few things.

First, we have an OP - The venerable Nova Corrini (the player behind Squawks and H'vari). Nova and I will be bouncing ideas off each other, and he has some experience at this. Feel free to congratulate him. I think this can only help. Hopefully, he will be a voice of semi-authority when I can't be on.

Second, we've kind of slowed down some. Sometimes this happens with people getting busy IRL. And that's fine. But if you are wanting to write and you're just stuck, this is a part of writing comedy is getting feedback and helping each other with funny things. Comedy, I don't think, was meant to be a solo act alone. It always helps with fun-minded friends. And I think all of us are fun-minded. All of us can help. But I want to let you know that if I can be of help with coming up with ideas, I am more than happy to do so. I'm just glad you guys like this RP.

Third, I will probably be writing an update soon, and moving to a timeskip soon. We're going to be moving to 4:30 am the next morning, for the new B-Jacs training session at 5 (called by the thorough and easily irritating Lt. Flo). First time you get to meet her. And Chuckie the robot too. Should be good.

If anyone wants to post anything before then, speak up here or post there. I'll give you a few hours, and probably get the timeskip at the end of the day.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Hello. As your new CO-OP, I have a couple things to say.

As Talc said, my main purpose is to be a voice of authority in instances when he's gone and there is an issue that needs to be solved quickly.

He also spoke about feedback. I agree with this, and I would advise that if you needed to bounce ideas off of someone, you can do it in our Discord servers!

In other news, just a reminder that this is still open to new players and new characters, and it will be indefinitely as far as I know. The approval process should go somewhat quicker since now there are two people on.

I'd like to thank you for participating in the RP so far. Here's to a bright future for the crew of the A.S.S. Burger (after some wacky hijinks, of course)!

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:31 am

Been busy, but I more or less know what to write. Will maybe post already tonight, but no promises. Got other rp:s I'm also falling behind on and need to catch up with.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 am

Barapam wrote:Been busy, but I more or less know what to write. Will maybe post already tonight, but no promises. Got other rp:s I'm also falling behind on and need to catch up with.

I understand. I got busy too and had to put off my time skip post. That will be coming. If you want me to write that time skip first, I can. Otherwise, let me know and we'll see.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:55 am

Talchyon wrote:
Barapam wrote:Been busy, but I more or less know what to write. Will maybe post already tonight, but no promises. Got other rp:s I'm also falling behind on and need to catch up with.

I understand. I got busy too and had to put off my time skip post. That will be coming. If you want me to write that time skip first, I can. Otherwise, let me know and we'll see.

Either is fine.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Hahaha! Your plan has failed, Talc! I work at a kindergarten, so I actually like that shark song! And maybe, like, Laika likes it too...

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Barapam wrote:Hahaha! Your plan has failed, Talc! I work at a kindergarten, so I actually like that shark song! And maybe, like, Laika likes it too...

Nice. I just asked someone much younger about annoying songs and that's what she told me. I'll have to come up with different choices next time, I see! :D

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:38 pm

I will be posting tonight.

Also, in case you're interested, there is new Google Document created by Nova on the Discord page. I'm attempting to write suggestions as to how to write for comedy. That said, if you have any things you'd like to add, this is an open document for all of us to collaborate on. If you're not on Discord but still want to collaborate, let me know. We can work something out.

I find it interesting. It gives me something to think about, to approach writing comedy a lot better and to help increase comedy writing skills. It's becoming very helpful for me to have to consider this. Hopefully you guys like it too.

-Talc

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Talchyon wrote:I will be posting tonight.

Also, in case you're interested, there is new Google Document created by Nova on the Discord page. I'm attempting to write suggestions as to how to write for comedy. That said, if you have any things you'd like to add, this is an open document for all of us to collaborate on. If you're not on Discord but still want to collaborate, let me know. We can work something out.

I find it interesting. It gives me something to think about, to approach writing comedy a lot better and to help increase comedy writing skills. It's becoming very helpful for me to have to consider this. Hopefully you guys like it too.

-Talc

If you're not on Discord, just TG me and I'll TG you the share link.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:52 am

Hey guys!

Just to let you know, we are not dead! We are continuing. Sometimes IRL things happen and you need a time to recharge. Here's to the next phase of Mars Needs Windex!

-Talc

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:45 am

I'll try to get a post up tommorow when I have a free moment.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll try to get a post up tommorow when I have a free moment.

Excellent, Pax! Thanks.

I will post tomorrow sometime, probably evening. So if anyone has anything they want to say or do before then, time's yours. (I do suggest interactions between characters, too.)

-Talc

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I'll try to get a post up tommorow when I have a free moment.

Excellent, Pax! Thanks.

I will post tomorrow sometime, probably evening. So if anyone has anything they want to say or do before then, time's yours. (I do suggest interactions between characters, too.)

-Talc

Sounds like a plan!
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Name: S.A.I.T. (Sentient AI Toothbrush)
Species: Electric Toothbrush with AI
Sex: Male AI
Power(s): His head spins

Goals: To keep the ship, and its passengers clean
Equipment: Extra heads
Any enemies? : Plaque, as it is on teeth, and thus sticks to him

Biography: S.A.I.T. was manufactured one year prior to this RP, and was installed with an AI that will always be cleaning teeth, floors, toilets, etc. Being around all these beings though, has caused him to develop a sense of humor, which is rude at times, and he can be highly sarcastic. Nicknamed 'Toothy" he is bound to run in, and fight with other crew and visitors, as he is very territorial over his charging port.

RP sample:[url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.phpf=5&t=459160&p=35277169&sid=d83382c1a36030e298f8484019285f5f#p35277169[/url]

Theme music:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA]You know it's me when the speakers start playing this[/url]

Last edited by Woods Is Back on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
”I’ve always been leery of the United Nations. The very concept is comically dichotomous. Nations putting their self-interests aside in the hopes of building a global community, holding hands and Kumbaya? I mean, honestly, it’s like kindergarten. Do you have rug time? I did love rug time.”

-Raymond Reddington

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Woods Is Back wrote:
Name: S.A.I.T. (Sentient AI Toothbrush)
Species: Electric Toothbrush with AI

-snip-

Oh my gosh. This character will definitely fit in this RP. S.A.I.T. (Thought it said "salt" at first) is definitely ACCEPTED! Welcome to Mars Needs Windex!

I look forward to seeing how this character moves, like if he rolls on his side or has to bum rides or something else. Since toothbrushes have no legs.

There is one small thing with the app. I don't know what the reason was, but I wasn't able to see your RP sample. Something wasn't working with the link

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse