NATION

PASSWORD

Duetrogenesis, The Age of Myth [Deity RP/ OOC: Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 am

Expect other to be allowed to use them (as long as said characters remain IC, so their personalities and loyalties should not suddenly change drastically) then yep all is fine and dandy with that. Sukal ma would be an exception to this though, Sukal would be in the same boat as Anamara.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:05 am

WIP

Name: Charnysus

Type: Elder Deity

Major domains: Water, Vegetation, festivity.

Minor domains:
Wine. As a deity of vegetation Charnysus is often associated with the grapevines that can produce wine.

Public speaking. Charnysus is a fan of oration and festivity, and as such he is often associated with public speaking.

Logic and Rhetoric. Charnysus is often associated with caution and thinking things through before getting not something. As such he is often associated with logical thinking and rhetorical analysis.

Sealife. As a deity of water Charnysus is often associated with the critters in the sea and inland waterways.

Trees. As a deity of vegetation Charnysus is often associated with the trees and forests around the world.

Waterways (lakes rivers, streams). Charnysus is known as the boatman of the deities that ferry’s people to the afterlife after passing, as such he is more strongly associated with the inland waterways than he is with the 15 oceans.

Entrepreneurship. Charnysus does a service for a fee similiar to many entrepreneurs, but vegetation is growing and water is flowing. As such innovation and entrepreneurship are associated with Charnysus.

Travel. As a deity of water and being the boatman, Charnysus is often associated with travel. He is able to travel between the world of mortals or to the other planes and back. When depicted in a boat he is often depicted either in a Viking longboat type vessel, rowed by Satyrs and filled with people, or alone on a skiff with 1-4 people aboard.

Healing and Medicine. Charnysus is known for being able to use the healing power of plants to aid the sick and cure some illnesses, and as such is associated with Healing and medicine. For this reason he is occasionally at odds with the deity of plagues.

Agriculture. Charnysus is associated with the field of agriculture due to his power over vegetation.

Realm: His plane is an island covered in plains and woodlands, interspersed with waterways. Wildlife cover the grounds. In the northwest is a mountain. In the middle is a wooden palace that is built like a log cabin. The palace is quite nice inside, but one noticeable feature is the library inside. Information and understanding evens is key to debates and as such Charnysus has built up an extensive collection about the Mortals, Deities and the Planes. A river runs by the Palace, running through the island and spinning a wheel that churns grain. Around the palace is a garden made for aesthetics as well as growing vegetables, a field of grape vines for making wine and a field where flocks of sheep and goats dwell. Cobblestone Roads stretch out from the palace and reach the coast, connecting communities of dryads, satyrs and others in the woodlands plains and coast to the palace. Some people farm the land or fish the coast. Most followers reach the island as an animal of some kind.

Outside of the island, in the sea, is a coral reef and some communities of merpeople. Carnysus has another residence in the sea made from stone and coral.

Appearance: Charnysus often appears as a middle aged man with blue eyes and a large black beard. He commonly is depicted wearing a brown robe with a hood, holding a paddle with a lantern attached to the top in his right hand and a chalice in his left hand.

Functions: Charnysus role is to ferry people into the underworld. In this capacity he has teams of Satyrs assist him.

History: (I would think this self-explanatory)

- Primordials creation. Brewmaster, games and festivity.

Ages Ago, when things were getting started, I awoke. Now, I wasn’t the first to wake up mind you, though I wasn’t the last either, I was more in the middle. I was probably around 14th or 15th. At the time there were primordials such as Minastorial, Doriam, Oceanus, Vivian and
Azi among others. Azi, you might now know better as Typeter as he has become. It was a time of the dark void and potential, but that didn’t mean it was bad. We each had a role amongst each other to help each other out of the void and into a better situation. Some of us, such as Thandiswa were prominent and wise while others such as Maria were knowledgeable and kind. For my part, I was known as the brewmaster, I helped to keep morale up when I came across the others. On occasions I might host a gathering to get to know each other better. It didn’t mean everyone came but it seemed like a nice idea. We can’t die, we should try and get along.

- Creation of the human plane. Contributed plant life, waterways and one of the 15 oceans. His ocean was filled with coral reefs and large reptiles.

After many, of what might be called years or moons now, as time wasn’t as well defined back then, we had gathered together and discussed the idea of developing planes. We had the first meeting where we discussed planes around Thandiwa’s area of space. There was not a great deal of challenge to the idea of a communal plane. It was pretty harmonious. Some were more grumpy with the idea than others. Darcy in particular, who would go on to found a nightmare plane which I would end up having to travel to fairly frequently, seemed to have some concerns about the project. The objections of Darcy seemed to be about regulating who builds where in the communal plane. Darcy would have preferred a plane building strategy that was less based on mutual understanding and more on the strong doing what they can and the weak doing what the must based on the strongers desired actions. For my part, I was cautious and tried to ask questions to make sure we were on the same page and not being hasty or stepping on each other’s toes. There was a good amount of debate, and I do not think it went in Darcys favour much. Most, that I can recall, preferred more structure to more anarchy or strong arming.

After founding the communal plane, it had seemed rather barren. It looked like a grey disk spanning the horizon. There were no seas, plant life, animal life, or sentient life as there is now. Rather than focus on the plane, Thandiswa suggested that we each set off to found our own realms or planes. That is where I got my island plane. 15 of us, myself included, founded realms that ended up contributing an ocean to the communal plane. My realm would contribute to the shared plane one of the 15 oceans, the inland waterways such as the lakes rivers ponds and streams, and the plant life. My ocean was located on the equatorial region of the plane and was between Ayesha’s and Doriams. With colourless on one side and killing machines on the other, my ocean was filled with coral reefs that were both brightly coloured in some areas and dull in others but provided terrain for hiding or ambush as needed, and had many large reptiles inside which could help to fend off Doriams killing machines. While Mariana’s was the deepest and Oceanus’s was the biggest, mine was more moderate. My ocean was the second or third largest and probably fourth or fifth deepest.

- War. Took in the ents from their falling plane.

Humanus soon created humans. A mortal race of industrious creatures. It was around this time that I took on the role of boatman, ferrying the spirits of the deceased humans to the afterlife.

Shortly after the the creation of Humans, the war seemed to break out. It was not a conventional war in the sense of war being declared immediately. Rather it seemed to be eased into. There was a group of primordians who thought, rightly or wrongly, that the void was the creator of spaces and thus the planes should return to the void in order to repeat the cycle. Others disagreed with the assessment, considering the hard work that had been done to create the planes and there being no guarantee of repeating the cycle. Darcy, seemed to be in the latter camp. Darcy liked controlling his plane of torment and dissolving it could mean giving up some power or control.

Being in a disagreement, and unlikely to leave the impass in the near future, factions started to develop based on ones standing on the question. Planes vs void. The void faction began conducting raids against the planes of the planes faction. My plane wasn’t hit very hard, but others were not so fortunate. The raids got stronger and more frequent and eventually some realms fell. At first the realm of Kuasa disappeared taking the silver sea from the shared world. This space created a desert before being filled in by other oceans. Next came other planes, in order, of the angels, ents, flying mountains, singing crystals, robots and hive-minds. When the ents was being threatened I offered them safety on my plane and some accepted while others did not. The destruction of those planes, and with them some of the features of the shared world was seen as unfortunate and looked down upon by many of the primordials. The raids against the plane of Maria, resulting in Maria’s dormancy and her planes dissolution led to the acceptance of the idea of a war.

- Maria’s passing. Contributed 2 ravens to overlook the sanctuary.

Maria was laid to rest in a cove under a tree. We had met a number of times over the years, and I had been able to get to know her Selkie fairly well. On one of our meetings we had come down to cove and I had made her a tree to give her shade. It was unfortunate that that tree was now marking her virtual gravesite. During the funeral I gave some music from the waves, and afterwards left 2 ravens to look over the gravesite and some merfolk to establish a colony in the bay of the cove and watch out for intruders to Maria’s site. These ravens and merfolk worked hand in hand with the Dragons efforts for the same purpose.

- Anansi Trickery. Split into 9 pieces, reducing his power by 40%. The pieces were: himself with about 60% of his power, and 8 other individuals each with around 5% of his power. The other pieces now are able to help him with the people of the 8 different professions he favours.

After the fighting on the planet that made my job as ferryman busy, an unexpected peace arose. Anansi invited the primordials together to celebrate the peace with a toast. As someone who’s portfolio festivity resided, and someone that liked and had tried to get the primordials together for festivities this seemed like a good opportunity. I had joined them, but the new act of the toast wasn’t something I was certain about. I didn’t sip, but I also didn’t gulp it down. I had finished nearly 40% when the poison began operating. I felt like I was burning up and sat down. Beginning to heave I teleported back to my plane by opening a portal. Two Ents carried me back to the palace where I was able to try and find some medical attention for the pain. However the poison resulted in a 9 way split. I would lose 40% of my power, lose the ability to create any more mortal races and would no longer be a primordial by instead became an elder deity. Eight other deities formed from the split. These 8 minor deities have been able to help me with taking care of my followers.

- Present. Left to the Aether plane.

After the split, I found that many of the old friends had broken apart and new entities have formed from them. The realms had started to fade as well. It appeared that 4 domains yet persisted in ful strength, Celestial Aether Darkness and the mortal realm. I approached the Aether as it was associated with mortality, and as such was connected to my post. It is for this reason why I joined my plane to the Aether.

Symbols: Cup, Paddle, lantern, book.

Personality: Charnysus is often more cautious and likes to get a sense about what something is like, dipping his toe in the water, before jumping in. When other people are on board with a decision he is more adaptable and able to go with the flow, thinking two heads are better than one and others likely have experience where he does not, but likes to have debate to let people voice their thoughts before a decision is taken. Charnysus is a hard worker, practical and honest. However that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like to relax and have a joke like others. He enjoys learning and during the ferry trips he often converses with the people he is taking across, learning about their lives and sharing funny stories and jokes. This has helped him to get a better sense as to what the lives of the mortals is like.

Misc:
Charnysus favoured animals are the Beaver and the Raven. The beaver is associated with its hardworking, practical and entrepreneurial spirit, and the Raven is associated with its intelligence and ability to learn. It is sometimes said in mythology that the log cabin like palace of Charnysus was built by beavers, and ravens help to keep him informed of current events. Sometimes mythology is extended to say that beavers help to build his boats and Ravens help to guard the resting places of the deceased.

Charnysus favoured plants are the Grape vine and Oak tree. The grape vine helps inspire growth and festivity, while the Oak is tall and strong. Sometimes it is said that the Oak reminded him of the fallen ents.

Charnysus is a Patron of farmers, shepherds, actors, sailors, merchants, monks, scholars and doctors. Helping people associated with these professions more than others.

Charnysus has at least 2 large festivals per year. One, during the winter solstice, is a gift giving event similiar to Saturnalia, and the other, during the summer solstice, is a harvest festival and is similar to Lupercalia. During the Winter Solstice the event is a week long, is started when a hollow statue of Carnysus has its feet unwrapped and wine poured out to the people surrounding the statue. During the event people eat, drink and gamble as equals, dress codes resort to a more simple level, the youngest members of a household become symbolic kings and can order people to do things like have a drink or play a game, and people can talk to each other on more equal footing if formality would usually dictate otherwise. During the week people would give gifts and personalized writings to friends and family, as well as more generic presidents to people that knocked on the door. During the summer solstice two clans of priests come together wearing Raven costumes and holding goathide whips and go on a parade whipping people. The whips were not supposed to hurt, and being whipped was supposed to bring good fortune in the coming years harvest.

Created the Satyrs/Fauns, Nymphs, Merfolk, Mezzmar, Stymphalian birds and lycanthropes.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:04 am, edited 23 times in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 am

Exams over, great that someone stepped in to reboot my RP when I dropped out. :)

Will be applying with Mau Maulin for this RP if thats alright.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 am

Cainesland wrote:WIP

Type: Primordial

Major domains: Water, Vegetation.

Minor domains:
Wine. As a deity of vegetation Charnysus is often associated with the grapevines that can produce wine.

Public speaking. Charnysus is a fan of oration and festivity, and as such he is often associated with public speaking.

Logic and Rhetoric. Charnysus is often associated with caution and thinking things through before getting not something. As such he is often associated with logical thinking and rhetorical analysis.

Sealife. As a deity of water Charnysus is often associated with the critters in the sea and inland waterways.

Trees. As a deity of vegetation Charnysus is often associated with the trees and forests around the world.

Waterways (lakes rivers, streams). Charnysus is known as the boatman of the deities that ferry’s people to the afterlife after passing, as such he is more strongly associated with the inland waterways than he is with the 15 oceans.

Entrepreneurship. Charnysus does a service for a fee similiar to many entrepreneurs, but vegetation is growing and water is flowing. As such innovation and entrepreneurship are associated with Charnysus.

Travel. As a deity of water and being the boatman, Charnysus is often associated with travel.
Healing and Medicine. Charnysus is known for being able to use the healing power of plants to aid the sick and cure some illnesses, and as such is associated with Healing and medicine.

[spoiler]Realm: His plane is an island covered in plains and woodlands, interspersed with waterways. Wildlife cover the grounds. In the northwest is a mountain. In the middle is a wooden palace that is built like a log cabin. A river runs by the Palace, running through the island and spinning a wheel that churns grain. Around the palace is a garden made for aesthetics as well as growing vegetables, a field of grape vines for making wine and a field where flocks of sheep and goats dwell. Cobblestone Roads stretch out from the palace and reach the coast, connecting communities of dryads, satyrs and others in the woodlands plains and coast to the palace. Some people farm the land. Most followers reach the island as an animal of some kind.

Appearance: Charnysus often appears as a middle aged man with blue eyes and a large black beard. He commonly is depicted wearing a brown robe with a hood, holding a paddle with a lantern attached to the top in his right hand and a chalice in his left hand.

Functions: Charnysus role is to ferry people into the underworld. In this capacity he has teams of Satyrs assist him.

Symbols: Cup, Paddle, lantern, book.

Personality: Charnysus is often more cautious and likes to get a sense about what something is like, dipping his toe in the water, before jumping in. When other people are on board with a decision he is more adaptable and able to go with the flow, thinking two heads are better than one and others likely have experience where he does not, but likes to have debate to let people voice their thoughts before a decision is taken. Charnysus is a hard worker, practical and honest. However that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like to relax and have a joke like others. He enjoys learning and during the ferry trips he often converses with the people he is taking across, learning about their lives and sharing funny stories and jokes. This has helped him to get a better sense as to what the lives of the mortals is like.

Misc:
Charnysus favoured animals are the Beaver and the Raven. The beaver is associated with its hardworking, practical and entrepreneurial spirit, and the Raven is associated with its intelligence and ability to learn. It is sometimes said in mythology that the log cabin like palace of Charnysus was built by beavers, and ravens help to keep him informed of current events. Sometimes mythology is extended to say that beavers help to build his boats and Ravens help to guard the resting places of the deceased.

Charnysus favoured plants are the Grape vine and Oak tree. The grape vine helps inspire growth and festivity, while the Oak is tall and strong. Sometimes it is said that the Oak reminded him of the fallen ents.

Charnysus is a Patron of farmers, shepherds, actors, sailors, merchants, monks, scholars and doctors. Helping people associated with these professions more than others.

Charnysus has at least 2 large festivals per year. One, during the winter solstice, is a gift giving event similiar to Saturnalia, and the other, during the summer solstice, is a harvest festival and is similar to Lupercalia.

All the primordial roles are taken. There were 3 (Celestial, Ethereal and Cthonic).

[hr]
We welcome you back Quendi. Glad to hear exams are done.
Last edited by Arasi Luvasa on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:41 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:We welcome you back Quendi. Glad to hear exams are done.

Thank you. Your RP looks great. I felt bad for leaving everyone behind so its nice to see someone ready to step up to the plate and get a decent deity RP of the ground. :)

So I guess Gehenna is a much more hellish place than the Underworld of my RP and thus perhaps not a suitable place for a neutral/semi-benevolent deity like Mau Maulin? All the gods there seem decidedly evil, so I am guessing thats a requirement for residence?
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arasi Luvasa wrote:We welcome you back Quendi. Glad to hear exams are done.

Thank you. Your RP looks great. I felt bad for leaving everyone behind so its nice to see someone ready to step up to the plate and get a decent deity RP of the ground. :)

So I guess Gehenna is a much more hellish place than the Underworld of my RP and thus perhaps not a suitable place for a neutral/semi-benevolent deity like Mau Maulin? All the gods there seem decidedly evil, so I am guessing thats a requirement for residence?

Based on the information in the OP, Gehenna doesn't have any particular connection to death or the afterlife, while the Aether is associated with "mortality". As such, I think Mau Maulin would fit best in the Aether.
Signatures are so 2014.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:00 am

Utceforp wrote:Based on the information in the OP, Gehenna doesn't have any particular connection to death or the afterlife, while the Aether is associated with "mortality". As such, I think Mau Maulin would fit best in the Aether.

Aether storage space machine broke.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Based on the information in the OP, Gehenna doesn't have any particular connection to death or the afterlife, while the Aether is associated with "mortality". As such, I think Mau Maulin would fit best in the Aether.

Aether storage space machine broke.

Understandable, have a nice apocalypse.
Signatures are so 2014.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am

It seems to me Mau Miaulin wouldn't really fit well anywhere. Where is the place for gods who like to rest twenty hours a day, hunt/eat rodents and small mammals and not a whole lot else? :p

Maybe I should apply with a different deity, Elysium seems a tad empty.
Nation RP name

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Working on a post now!

Of the Quendi wrote:

It seems to me Mau Miaulin wouldn't really fit well anywhere. Where is the place for gods who like to rest twenty hours a day, hunt/eat rodents and small mammals and not a whole lot else? :p

Maybe I should apply with a different deity, Elysium seems a tad empty.

Does 'Elysium is Empty' sound like a pretty good title to anyone else? Nice subversion of Shakespeare's 'Hell is empty' line.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Name: Uion
Type: Elder
Major domains: Fire, Stone, Sanctuary, Protection
Minor domains:Lighting, Sun, Amour, remote locations, the blind
Realm: Uion's realm in Elysium is a hidden underground city called Haven. The city is illuminated by a massive glowing crystal that is on the ceiling. The buildings are made out of sandstone and are ornate by design. Haven is guarded by a series of warrior spirits called the Wardens and covered in battle attire. Haven is home to numerous spirits and other beings that have sought shelter within its walls. In the center of the Haven is Uion palace where he spent his time while not walking among Haven or elsewhere.

Appearance: Uion To gods he appears as a young man in armorer monk's clothing with pieces of cloth covering his eyes. To mortals, he often appears as a blind old man wearing a hooded robe. Always no matter what form he takes, he always has his staff with him.

Functions: Uion functions as a protector of those that need his help and to hide those away from evils that seek their demise. Allowing them a safe place to live or thrive in. To mortals, he is known to have safe havens in Awiase for mortals to use and if he thinks a particular group of mortals to be deserving, he will grant them a personal sanctuary on Awiase.

History: Uion was a minor god that fought against the imimoya ephukile during the war. Mainly supporting the stronger gods in the background while helping to safeguard those that were too weak to fight. During the war, he had been blinded after a sword cut his eyes. Uion had to recover from his injury and was feeling lost without his eyes. While he recovered, he learned how to function without his eyes to the point that some gods can think that he does have sight. Uiom well enough to go to the celebration that Anansi had hosted. Uion only took a small sip before Anansi betrayal.

He does not remember much that day after taking that drink due to the poison and survived by burning the vile liquid from his body with his abilities. Since that day, Uion has been creating sanctuaries for both mortals and gods. Deciding who among the mortals is worthy of safe haven. While keeping note of anything that could be a trace of Anansi.

Symbols: Flame, Quarterstaff, blinded man
Personality: Uion is a calm, friendly being that can be very loyal to those he considered friend or allies. He can be found both among the gods and among mortals, he is interested in mortals can have pity for them. Though he prefers to keep a low profile, not getting attention as he likes to work in the background. Though while he does that, he loathes the game of spies and lies. Uion can, however, have terrible anger for those that would defile his sanctuaries. He will find those responsible for the defilement and hunt them down.
Misc: N/A
Last edited by Theyra on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:59 pm

Theyra wrote:Name: Uion
Realm: Uion's realm in Elysium is a hidden underground city called Haven. The city is illuminated by a massive glowing crystal that is on the ceiling. The buildings are made out of sandstone and are ornate by design. Haven is guarded by a series of warrior spirits called the Wardens and covered in battle attire. Haven is home to numerous spirits and other beings that have sought shelter within its walls. In the center of the Haven is Uion palace where he spent his time while not walking among Haven or elsewhere.

Appearance: Uion

Functions: Uion functions as a protector of those that need his help and to hide those away from evils that seek their demise. Allowing them a safe place to live or thrive in. To mortals, he is known to have safe havens in Awiase for mortals to use and if he thinks a particular group of mortals to be deserving, he will grant them a personal sanctuary on Awiase.

History: Uion was a minor god that fought against the imimoya ephukile during the war. Mainly supporting the stronger gods in the background while helping to safeguard those that were too weak to fight. During the war, he had been blinded after a sword cut his eyes. Uion had to recover from his injury and was feeling lost without his eyes. While he recovered, he learned how to function without his eyes to the point that some gods can think that he does have sight. Uiom well enough to go to the celebration that Anansi had hosted. Uion only took a small sip before Anansi betrayal.

He does not remember much that day after taking that drink due to the poison and survived by burning the vile liquid from his body with his abilities. Since that day, Uion has been creating sanctuaries for both mortals and gods. Deciding who among the mortals is worthy of safe haven. While keeping note of anything that could be a trace of Anansi.

Personality: Uion is a calm, friendly being that can be very loyal to those he considered friend or allies. He can be found both among the gods and among mortals, he is interested in mortals can have pity for them. Though he prefers to keep a low profile, not getting attention as he likes to work in the background. Though while he does that, he loathes the game of spies and lies. Uion can, however, have terrible anger for those that would defile his sanctuaries. He will find those responsible for the defilement and hunt them down.

Looks fine, I just need an attempt to describe the picture.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Kind of want to do a lovecraftian esque god who creates life by basically taking existing creatures and basically corrupting and deforming them. He can make his own life without stealing it aswell, but it is not particular pleasant to look at either.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 am

Sorry I haven't been able to post yet. Given the slightly different nature of this RP, I'm having a bit of trouble making a decent-length starting post for Kirsin. I'll see what I can do for today and tomorrow.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:08 am

Will it be announced when players with younger gods can start posting on IC?
( It appear I'm the only one with a younger God )
Last edited by Endem on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:45 am

I have a feeling this application doesn't work at all but I have spent two and a half hour trying to get it together and I think I have come up with an interesting storyline for this one so now I am too invested to start over, so I am just going to put it out there. Let me know if its a completely useless app or if its within the realm of the salvageable.

Name: Many names or titles are given or claimed by the deity most commonly known as Ishtarte. Daimonia she calls herself, and Deva. By name of Anima Mundi she is worshipped, and by title Pantheocrator revered by mortal and immortal beings.

Gender: Ishtarte is a malleable and changeable concept without abiding form, for whom gender and sex holds little meaning. She has traits and characteristics of many genders and sexes, far more than just the two which most mortal life can take, but her most common appearances, and the ones by which she is commonly worshipped, are feminine.

Type: Ishtarte has claimed that she is the first of all beings, creator of all things and begetter of the primordial gods, she calls herself Anima Mundi and Pantheocrator, creator and mistress of all things. Most other deities, and plenty of immortals and mortals dispute these assertions. Most such sceptics regard Ishtarte as being an Elder God, and some suspect that it Ishtarte's actions are animated by a all-consuming desire to transcend her status as an elder god and become something more.

Major domains: Chaos and (as the absence of chaos) order.

Minor domains: Hedonism, demons, love, sex, fertility, war and political power.

Realm: When she awakened from the stupor inflicted upon her by Anasi's cups, Ishtarte soon found her way to Gehenna. What she found there did not much please her. Pandemonium's unpleasantness seemed a poor dwelling for a deity to Ishtarte and she, the goddess who had once scoffed at the notion of Divine Realms and Kingdoms devised to establish a Dominion without compare in Gehenna, Aether or Elysium, a place of such splendor and greatness that all should marvel at it. She went as far away from Pandemonium as she could get without leaving Gehenna and set to work. First she sent a messenger to a primordial god of mountains tempting him with an offer to spend three nights with Ishtarte to haul Mount Pertho down into Gehenna and enlarged it till it was the greatest mountain in the world. Atop this mighty promontory Ishtarte then had planted great gardens, the Gardens of Pairidaeza, surrounded by sturdy walls to keep the rest of Gehenna out.

The Gardens of Pairidaeza are truly a place of wonders. These terraced gardens are filled to the brim with everything fair and beautiful that exists in nature, all manner of flora grows there, much of which grows nowhere else. It is said that ents, still survive there, tending to the gardens. Within the gardens lies also gilded palaces where Ishtarte and her allies reside surrounded by unimagined luxury and finery. Ishtarte holds her court from the centre of the gardens. There every night she feasts and celebrates with whomever come there in friendship.

Appearance: Ishtarte can and do take on many different appearances that tickles her fancy. She most usually appears as a female humanoid of stunning beauty though the specifics vary. Occasionally Ishtarte also takes a male form and sometimes she even appears as a non-humanoid being.

Functions: Ishtarte was rather adrift after she awakened from her stupor. The war seemingly at an end she had little purpose. After entry into Gehenna she has however gathered a great host of demonic spirits around her and has begun to plan her rise to power. When she isn’t doing that she is developing her philosophy of hedonism, the maximization of pleasure, as the sole purpose of existence.

History: From whence Ishtarte came is not known. She herself has declared herself the originator of all things, preceding not only all imimoya yokuqala but even the void before creation itself. At other times she has claimed to be the eldest, but not the creator, of primordial gods, the one who first awakened. At still other times Ishtarte has asserted that she was born from a titanic struggle between primal chaos and order and that she, as the offspring of the competing forces of cosmogony, is imbued with the power of both and serves a critical part in keeping the cosmos functioning. Most primordial gods reject the first two propositions outright. The third tale is more widely accepted to hold at least some element of truth to it. Truly in Ishtarte's mercurial nature it seems conflicting forces, not just chaos and order, but good and evil, light and dark, matter and energy, are at play, and her ability to manipulate primal chaos and primal order is well established. But there are other stories about the origin of Ishtarte. Some has claimed that Ishtarte is no deity at all but rather that she is the first demon, and mother of all subsequent demons. Others say that she is the first child of the first demon, perhaps by a imimoya yokuqala. Others again has proposed that the first demon took Ishtarte as its consort and that she begat all further demons. Whether any of these tales are true is difficult to discern. Ishtarte has at various point seemed to lend credence to various such tales. What is universally accepted however is that a close association seem to exist between Ishtarte and demons, demonstrated by her later closeness to (some) of this species.

If the origin of Ishtarte is a mystery wrapped in an enigma her early deeds and acts in Awiase are better understood. She is known to have partaken with gusto, though no particular competence, in the formation of Awiase and appear to have been enraptured by it. As others among the imimoya yokuqala debated the purpose of Awiase Ishtarte immersed herself, wandering the free and unbound Awiase and perhaps she was happy and content. When Thandiswa proposed that the imimoya yokuqala should separate themselves from Awiase Ishtarte reproached the deity about it. For Ishtarte, in those early days, desired no dominion and power over any thing and she could not conceive of such a desire to exist in another and understood not why the imimoya yokuqala could not dwell harmoniously in Awiase. Only when Darcy spoke and declared his desire for mastery of Awiase did Ishtarte learn that not all thought as her. Perhaps it was then that a seed was sown in the darkest corners of the mind of the future queen of Demons, for appalled as she was by Darcy's vision for Awiase she was drawn too and tempted by his idea that the stronger of the imimoya yokuqala should dominate over the weaker.

When the compromise between the factions support Thandiswa and Darcy was struck Ishtarte distanced herself from her fellow imimoya yokuqala. As they formed their great realms Ishtarte roamed Awiase alone, creating nothing, changing nothing, undoing nothing. She observed the wonder of the created but sought not to influence it. She had not a care in the world. But then the imimoya ephukile rose and began their war of destruction against Awiase. And so the peace of Ishtarte did end and she armed herself for battle against the destroyers.
With no realm of her own to defend she became a formidable soldier against the imimoya ephukile, wandering from realm to realm to fight against the imimoya ephukile wherever she encountered them. Long where the wars of Ishtarte and full of horror and destruction. Did Ishtarte weep for the damage inflicited upon Awiase? Did she lament the carnage? Perhaps she did, but if such tender emotions existed within her they soon faded. Ishtarte had not forgotten Darcy's words that the strong should dominate the weak, and as she was hardened in battle she came to enjoy testing her mettle against the imimoya ephukile. She reveled in her own might and power as she bested her foes and she laughed when in defeat she was forced to flee before them, for when faced with a superior foe she did not regard defeat as sorrowful. As she spread destruction and death among the imimoya ephukile she began to forget that she had once been a peaceful observer. Many are the legends and tales of Ishtarte's exploits during that first war amongst gods. To hear her tell it she was instrumental in most great victories and perhaps it is so. One story well known tell of how when Maladi's realm Ishtarte rallied many angels to her side and fought her way through the imimoya yokuqala lines, saving that species from certain extinction. Another of how Ishtarte bested the imimoya yokuqala warlord Pertho the Destroyer by casting down the largest of Malibongwe's flying mountains upon him, burying him forever underneath it. Since then the mountain is called Mount Pertho and Ishtarte is called the Ishtarte the Destroyer.

Ishtarte must have surely partaken in the battle on Maria's sanctuary, though she speaks of it rarely. Perhaps her actions in so great a battle joined by so many imimoya yokuqala shine less brightly than her deeds in battles where she was but among a few combatants, perhaps she laments as so many does the fall of that realm and that deity, or perhaps she is ashamed of the fact that she does not? Who knows. What is known is that a change that had perhaps begun a long time ago occurred in Ishtarte after that battle. As war spilled into Awiase perhaps she remembered the words of Darcy, perhaps she remembered her earlier commitment to non-intervention. Perhaps she was simply tired. But Ishtarte did not rush to the defense of Awiase, why only she can know.

Later she attended Anansi's feast and drank healthily from his cups. She fell into a long stupor, seemingly unable to recover from the poison served her. Yet in time, recover she did, restored to sense and sanity by the careful tending of angels who remembered her part in saving their species. So Ishtarte awakened a changed deity to a changed reality. The Realms of the imimoya yokuqala where no more and Ishtarte, caring less for Awiase then she once had, ventured into Gehenna deeming it a place most likely to welcome her. That was a mistake. She found Yxarus as distasteful as his realm, finding his philosophy disagreeable and his commitment to it patchy. The mindless savagery of Yxarus and Dryadalis struck Ishtarte as being embarrassing and silly. Hyztlet and all his creatures she found disgusting. In all of Gehenna Ishtarte found only Nanaulatai to be less than revolting but even with this deity she had next to nothing in common. Ishtarte left behind Pandemonium and the goddess who had once scoffed at the idea of divine realms set about building a place for herself as far away from Yxarus's insanity, Drayadalis's cruelty and Hyztlet's creatures as she could possibly get.

In her Gardens of Pairidaeza she now dwells contemplating her future. In her ears rings the words of Darcy and a desire for dominion over other gods has begun to grow. And from the high places in her domain Ishtarte now look down upon Gehenna and ponders, why should it be that Yxarus should rule it and not her?

Symbols: The five-pointed star is the most common symbol associated with Ishtarte.

Personality: Ishtarte is a fickle and unpredictable deity who seem to delight in causing mischief and mayhem. She seems to consider pleasure and happiness to be the primary aim of her existence. She can be arrogant and proud but is usually unable to take anything, herself included, serious enough to be truly imperious or domineering. Similarly she considers herself a deity of supreme importance and skill and believes she deserves great respect and power than she has, yet she seems to lack the attention span and work ethic required to be considered ambitious.

Misc: (Any other information you want to give about your god, put it here.)
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:18 am

Eh. Got a first post up. Not so happy with it, though I'm not that sure how best I could do it again. Importing a character is tricky.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:06 am

I think my app should be finished or nearly finished by tonight.

Edit: Here is it so far.

Type: Elder Deity

Major domains: Water, Vegetation, festivity.

Minor domains:

Travel. As a deity of water and being the boatman, Charnysus is often associated with travel. He is able to travel between the world of mortals or to the other planes and back. When depicted in a boat he is often depicted either in a Viking longboat type vessel, rowed by Satyrs and filled with people, or alone on a skiff with 1-4 people aboard.

Healing and Medicine. Charnysus is known for being able to use the healing power of plants to aid the sick and cure some illnesses, and as such is associated with Healing and medicine. For this reason he is occasionally at odds with the deity of plagues.

Agriculture. Charnysus is associated with the field of agriculture due to his power over vegetation.

Death. As the ferryman to the afterlife, Charnysus is occasionally associated with the domain of death.

Realm: His plane is an island covered in plains and woodlands, interspersed with waterways. Wildlife cover the grounds. In the northwest is a mountain. In the middle is a wooden palace that is built like a log cabin. The palace is quite nice inside, but one noticeable feature is the library inside. Information and understanding evens is key to debates and as such Charnysus has built up an extensive collection about the Mortals, Deities and the Planes. A river runs by the Palace, running through the island and spinning a wheel that churns grain. Around the palace is a garden made for aesthetics as well as growing vegetables, a field of grape vines for making wine and a field where flocks of sheep and goats dwell. Cobblestone Roads stretch out from the palace and reach the coast, connecting communities of dryads, satyrs and others in the woodlands plains and coast to the palace. Some people farm the land or fish the coast. Most followers reach the island as an animal of some kind.

Outside of the island, in the sea, is a coral reef and some communities of merpeople. Carnysus has another residence in the sea made from stone and coral.

- Primordials creation. Brewmaster, games and festivity.

Ages Ago, when things were getting started, I awoke. Now, I wasn’t the first to wake up mind you, though I wasn’t the last either, I was more in the middle. I was probably around 14th or 15th. At the time there were primordials such as Minastorial, Doriam, Oceanus, Vivian and
Azi among others. Azi, you might now know better as Typeter as he has become. It was a time of the dark void and potential, but that didn’t mean it was bad. We each had a role amongst each other to help each other out of the void and into a better situation. Some of us, such as Thandiswa were prominent and wise while others such as Maria were knowledgeable and kind. For my part, I was known as the brewmaster, I helped to keep morale up when I came across the others. On occasions I might host a gathering to get to know each other better. It didn’t mean everyone came but it seemed like a nice idea. We can’t die, we should try and get along.

- Creation of the human plane. Contributed plant life, waterways and one of the 15 oceans. His ocean was filled with coral reefs and large reptiles.

After many, of what might be called years or moons now, as time wasn’t as well defined back then, we had gathered together and discussed the idea of developing planes. We had the first meeting where we discussed planes around Thandiwa’s area of space. There was not a great deal of challenge to the idea of a communal plane. It was pretty harmonious. Some were more grumpy with the idea than others. Darcy in particular, who would go on to found a nightmare plane which I would end up having to travel to fairly frequently, seemed to have some concerns about the project. The objections of Darcy seemed to be about regulating who builds where in the communal plane. Darcy would have preferred a plane building strategy that was less based on mutual understanding and more on the strong doing what they can and the weak doing what the must based on the strongers desired actions. For my part, I was cautious and tried to ask questions to make sure we were on the same page and not being hasty or stepping on each other’s toes. There was a good amount of debate, and I do not think it went in Darcys favour much. Most, that I can recall, preferred more structure to more anarchy or strong arming.

After founding the communal plane, it had seemed rather barren. It looked like a grey disk spanning the horizon. There were no seas, plant life, animal life, or sentient life as there is now. Rather than focus on the plane, Thandiswa suggested that we each set off to found our own realms or planes. That is where I got my island plane. 15 of us, myself included, founded realms that ended up contributing an ocean to the communal plane. My realm would contribute to the shared plane one of the 15 oceans, the inland waterways such as the lakes rivers ponds and streams, and the plant life. My ocean was located on the equatorial region of the plane and was between Ayesha’s and Doriams. With colourless on one side and killing machines on the other, my ocean was filled with coral reefs that were both brightly coloured in some areas and dull in others but provided terrain for hiding or ambush as needed, and had many large reptiles inside which could help to fend off Doriams killing machines. While Mariana’s was the deepest and Oceanus’s was the biggest, mine was more moderate. My ocean was the second or third largest and probably fourth or fifth deepest.

- War. Took in the ents from their falling plane.

Humanus soon created humans. A mortal race of industrious creatures. It was around this time that I took on the role of boatman, ferrying the spirits of the deceased humans to the afterlife. As Humanus created the humans, I took on the form of a Human when interacting with them. I used the humans as a base and created the Satyrs to help me with ferrying the dead and keep me company at the festivities, as well as the Merfolk to keep an eye on my underwater domains.

Shortly after the the creation of Humans, the war seemed to break out. It was not a conventional war in the sense of war being declared immediately. Rather it seemed to be eased into. There was a group of primordians who thought, rightly or wrongly, that the void was the creator of spaces and thus the planes should return to the void in order to repeat the cycle. Others disagreed with the assessment, considering the hard work that had been done to create the planes and there being no guarantee of repeating the cycle. Darcy, seemed to be in the latter camp. Darcy liked controlling his plane of torment and dissolving it could mean giving up some power or control.

Being in a disagreement, and unlikely to leave the impass in the near future, factions started to develop based on ones standing on the question. Planes vs void. The void faction began conducting raids against the planes of the planes faction. My plane wasn’t hit very hard, but others were not so fortunate. The raids got stronger and more frequent and eventually some realms fell. At first the realm of Kuasa disappeared taking the silver sea from the shared world. This space created a desert before being filled in by other oceans. Next came other planes, in order, of the angels, ents, flying mountains, singing crystals, robots and hive-minds. When the ents was being threatened I offered them safety on my plane and some accepted while others did not. The destruction of those planes, and with them some of the features of the shared world was seen as unfortunate and looked down upon by many of the primordials. The raids against the plane of Maria, resulting in Maria’s dormancy and her planes dissolution led to the acceptance of the idea of a war.

The war seemed to necessitate greater security in my domains. That security was what led me to create the Mezzmar, a race with a reptilian upper half and the lower half of the merfolk, as well as the hydras.

- Maria’s passing. Contributed 2 ravens to overlook the sanctuary.

Maria was laid to rest in a cove under a tree. We had met a number of times over the years, and I had been able to get to know her Selkie fairly well. On one of our meetings we had come down to cove and I had made her a tree to give her shade. It was unfortunate that that tree was now marking her virtual gravesite. During the funeral I gave some music from the waves, and afterwards left 2 ravens to look over the gravesite and some merfolk to establish a colony in the bay of the cove and watch out for intruders to Maria’s site. These ravens and merfolk worked hand in hand with the Dragons efforts for the same purpose.

- Anansi Trickery. Split into 9 pieces, reducing his power by 40%. The pieces were: himself with about 60% of his power, and 8 other individuals each with around 5% of his power. The other pieces now are able to help him with the people of the 8 different professions he favours.

After the fighting on the planet that made my job as ferryman busy, an unexpected peace arose. Anansi invited the primordials together to celebrate the peace with a toast. As someone who’s portfolio festivity resided, and someone that liked and had tried to get the primordials together for festivities this seemed like a good opportunity. To celebrate the peace I joined the other primordials. The new act of the toast, as proposed by Anansi wasn’t something I was certain about. The toast was new and as such I didn’t sip, but I also didn’t gulp it down. I had finished nearly 40% when the poison began operating. I felt like I was burning up and sat down. Beginning to heave I teleported back to my plane by opening a portal. Two Ents carried me back to the palace where I was able to try and find some medical attention for the pain. However the poison resulted in a 9 way split. I would lose 40% of my power, and with it the ability to create any more mortal races and would no longer be a primordial by instead became an elder deity. Eight other deities formed from the split. These 8 minor deities have been able to help me with taking care of my followers.

- Present. Left to the Aether plane.

After the split, I found that many of the old friends had broken apart and new entities have formed from them. The realms had started to fade as well. It appeared that 4 domains yet persisted in full strength: The Celestial Domain, The Aether, The Darkness, and the mortal realm.

I approached the Aether for two reasons. First I had known the Primordial Dragon who was still in charge while we watched over Marias grave, and second it was associated with mortality and as such was connected to my post.

Symbols: Cup, Paddle, lantern, book, theatrical mask.

Misc:

Funeral rights sometimes include putting a coin in the mouth of the deceased because Charon may refuse service if the ghost cannot pay their fare to him or one of his Satyrs.

Traveling circuses, also known as Carnyvals are named after Carnysus

Charnysus has at least 2 large festivals per year. One, during the winter solstice, is a gift giving event similiar to Saturnalia, and the other, during the summer solstice, is a harvest festival and is similar to Lupercalia. During the Winter Solstice the event is a week long, is started when a hollow statue of Carnysus has its feet unwrapped and wine poured out to the people surrounding the statue. During the event people eat, drink and gamble as equals, dress codes resort to a more simple level, the youngest members of a household become symbolic kings and can order people to do things like have a drink or play a game, and people can talk to each other on more equal footing if formality would usually dictate otherwise. During the week people would give gifts and personalized writings to friends and family, as well as more generic presidents to people that knocked on the door. During the summer solstice two clans of priests come together wearing Raven costumes and holding goathide whips and go on a parade whipping people. The whips were not supposed to hurt, and being whipped was supposed to bring good fortune in the coming years harvest.

Created the Satyrs/Fauns, Nymphs, Merfolk, Mezzmar, hydra and lycanthropes.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:57 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Working on a post now!

And that's me done. Not my best work but good enough, I hope!
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Ralioskener
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralioskener » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:57 am

Name: Aurikan, Grand Judge of Elysium, Keeper of Secrets

Major domains: Dreams, Freedom, Intrigue, Knowledge

Minor domains: Writing - His record keeping of divine history and knowledge usually causes him to be portrayed as skilled in writing.

Creation - Having power over both dreams and freedom means that Aurikan is fond of constructing new buildings or geographical features in his personal realm, and creating entire worlds inside the dreams of others.

Prophecy - His affinity with dreams makes him loosely connected to divine messages or prophecy.

Realm: Elysium (often wanders between realms)
His personal realm is a strange place known as the Forgotten Lands. The Forgotten Lands are a series of massive mountains and cliffs, each having been modified to have different "layers" (akin to Mesoamerican pyramids), to prevent an easy death by falling off the edge. The Lands also contain a few plateaus, the tallest of which Aurikan makes his home. Waterfalls and lavafalls, along with lake basins, are also characteristic of the strange place. Compared to the rest of Elysium however, it is quite small, and it is easy to get from one side to another.

Various creatures roam the land, some of which are of Aurikan's own making. The four passes to the Forgotten Lands are each guarded by a sentient and immortal creature; a cockatrice, giant snake, dragon, and a wolf respectively.

Aurikan also has the ability to manipulate dreams; they act like separate dimensions or planes of existence. Aurikan can connect two or more dreams, making the events happen in the same "world". The realities inside the dreams are also quite malleable for him, being able to change just about anything freely, excluding the people in those dreams. He is able to order them to wake up though.

Appearance: Aurikan has many forms, often bizzare, and enjoys switching between them.

His most common form, both to mortals and gods, is a human of average height, thin build, and light brown skin. His black hair is short, never reaching below the ears, but is messy and unkempt. He is however clean shaven, refusing to grow facial hair.

His more beastly appearance when resting upon his plateau is a massive feathered dragon, with four wings and eyes all over his body. This form's head is more crocodilian, lacking horns and having a longer snout.

Of course, he can also shapeshift into exist animals, mostly for stealth or to eavesdrop on enemy gods. These are just his two main forms, he may take on others during the RP.

Functions: Aurikan serves as a sort of "loremaster" of the world, keeping detailed records of the history of the gods. He keeps the records accurate and unbiased, keeping the multiple viewpoints of the different gods in mind.
In addition to this, he sometimes acts as a "judge" and "peacekeeper", not only between the imimoya yokuqala, but also of human rulers.
Aurikan is also a sort of spy against the imimoya ephukile, eavesdropping and collecting valuable information, and will come to the defense of his realm if under attack.

History: WIP

Symbols: WIP

Personality: Aurikan tends to believe that their subjects, the mortals, have basic and inviolable rights, such as the right to life, choice, property, and others. He believes that the objective of the gods is not to rule humanity but to guide them and protect their rights and wellbeing. As to the nature of humanity itself, Aurikan believes that humans, like all animals, are naturally selfish, which is not a good or bad thing, but can lead to good or bad things. He tends to take the stance that individuals, even gods, should not interfere with the decisions of others unless it puts them or others in danger.

Aurikan, though rational and understanding, believes in the "eye for an eye" mentality. He unrelentingly tortures or annihilates mortals who have committed heinous acts, and has been known to approve mass executions of human war criminals or corrupt governors. Good shall be rewarded, ignorance shall be corrected, and evil be annihilated.

He himself is usually laid-back, fond of talking with fellow gods and passing time by playing games. He is also fond of travelling Awiase, as well as helping humanity build grand buildings and structures. He rarely stays home the whole day, spending most of his time travelling the realms, preferably with a few companions.

Aurikan is mostly apathetic to the squabbles of his fellow gods, joking about how messed up their universe has become. He mostly avoids their arguing, only intervening when it turns into violence, or when he and his own subjects become threatened. He states that it is better for all of them to deal with the external threat of the imimoya ephukile first, and reorganizing everything once peace has been achieved.

Misc: Aurikan has impressive pain tolerance, even for a god, and is decent enough at combat. He also has an irrational liking to watching things burn.
There are also rumors that Aurikan is attempting to engineer a sentient race to populate his world, though he has yet to confirm or deny this.
And yes, he is up for a relationship. Cuteness has no bounds.

Just a WIP thing to drop here.
I haven't been on Nationstates in a couple months now, so sorry if my RP skills are a little rusty. I'm also not very well versed in the lore, so sorry if grandpa here makes/made a few mistakes :p
Last edited by Ralioskener on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dead nation oof

mainly used as an rp account now

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 am

Quick question before I finally restart the app, would a 'composite' Younger God, made from tiny pieces of multiple imimoya yokuqala be possible?
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:46 am

Arasi Luvasa wrote:
Theyra wrote:Name: Uion

Appearance: Uion

Looks fine, I just need an attempt to describe the picture.

Okay added more to the appearance, is that good enough?

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:56 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Quick question before I finally restart the app, would a 'composite' Younger God, made from tiny pieces of multiple imimoya yokuqala be possible?

I think Austris had a similiar history if it helps.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:55 am

Cainesland wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Quick question before I finally restart the app, would a 'composite' Younger God, made from tiny pieces of multiple imimoya yokuqala be possible?

Austris is a composite Elder God but I'm pretty sure that the same principles would apply.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Austris is a composite Elder God but I'm pretty sure that the same principles would apply.

Austris has it in a far more moderate form, since I was going to make her a composite of the fifteen ocean gods and goddesses formed into a single goddess of water, the oceans and the moon.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse