NATION

PASSWORD

The Orion Sector (FT-Nation/OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm

True Refuge wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:
Welcome to the crew.

Thanks very much my dude.

Now to find people to interact with. Anyone up with a first contact with a nice, respectful culture?

Want to meet some space stalinists?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:10 pm

I'll try posting soonish.

Veroxia
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Veroxia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Hello there
FT NATION:The Korosian Robotic Empire
HEAD OF STATE/GOVERNMENT:Emperor X-5
IDEOLOGY:FASCISM
/PRO-HUMAN/PRO-SYNTH/
/ANTI-ORGANIC/ANTI-TECHNOPHOBIA/

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Veroxia wrote:Hello there

Oh hi Mark.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:06 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:@Skarten, @Turmenista Your posts are done. @Ithalian, yours will come tomorrow.

Thank you, Tagali! Very cool!

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:@Skarten, @Turmenista Your posts are done. @Ithalian, yours will come tomorrow.

This pleases me in a primal sort of way.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:33 am

Nice, i'll respond when i can.

By the way, would it be allowed for me to use an improved version of a technology that already had plans to be made in the cold war?

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:38 am

Skarten wrote:

By the way, would it be allowed for me to use an improved version of a technology that already had plans to be made in the cold war?

What tech?
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 am

Tagali Federation wrote:
Skarten wrote:

What tech?

10 Gigaton Bombs. ( I was actually planning on increasing some gigatons to be honest, but i have to check that with you )

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Skarten wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:
What tech?

10 Gigaton Bombs. ( I was actually planning on increasing some gigatons to be honest, but i have to check that with you )

After talking it over with my co-op and some other folks, I'm gonna have to go with no. While I understand that nukes would be stronger at this point in time, it just seems too easy that it could kick off a dick measuring contest of weapons and tech that could and most likely would spiral way out of control.
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
Skarten wrote:

After talking it over with my co-op and some other folks, I'm gonna have to go with no. While I understand that nukes would be stronger at this point in time, it just seems too easy that it could kick off a dick measuring contest of weapons and tech that could and most likely would spiral way out of control.

So What is the Max allowed power for a bomb?
Last edited by Skarten on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Skarten wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:

So What is the Max allowed power for a bomb?

Well, for comparison, 1 Gt = 1000 Mt, and the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated was only 50 Mt. I don't think there's been a set max limit on weapon destructibility but the OP would undoubtedly like things to be reasonable, so, if looking for a hard limit then probably something dramatically below 1 Gt. Furthermore, bigger yields will require larger weapons making such explosives pretty useless against semi-competent defenses.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Skarten wrote:So What is the Max allowed power for a bomb?

Well, for comparison, 1 Gt = 1000 Mt, and the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated was only 50 Mt. I don't think there's been a set max limit on weapon destructibility but the OP would undoubtedly like things to be reasonable, so, if looking for a hard limit then probably something dramatically below 1 Gt. Furthermore, bigger yields will require larger weapons making such explosives pretty useless against semi-competent defenses.

Well i mean, Project SUNDIAL, made in the cold war, was for a 10gt Bomb. Even considering things to not be too Big, an Bomb over 1 gt Is really easy to make, considering the other tech.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Skarten wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Well, for comparison, 1 Gt = 1000 Mt, and the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated was only 50 Mt. I don't think there's been a set max limit on weapon destructibility but the OP would undoubtedly like things to be reasonable, so, if looking for a hard limit then probably something dramatically below 1 Gt. Furthermore, bigger yields will require larger weapons making such explosives pretty useless against semi-competent defenses.

Well i mean, Project SUNDIAL, made in the cold war, was for a 10gt Bomb. Even considering things to not be too Big, an Bomb over 1 gt Is really easy to make, considering the other tech.

But why make such a large nuke at all? After a while, it just seems excessive.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Skarten wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Well, for comparison, 1 Gt = 1000 Mt, and the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated was only 50 Mt. I don't think there's been a set max limit on weapon destructibility but the OP would undoubtedly like things to be reasonable, so, if looking for a hard limit then probably something dramatically below 1 Gt. Furthermore, bigger yields will require larger weapons making such explosives pretty useless against semi-competent defenses.

What's the strategic reasoning for such a large explosive when more traditionally sized weapons would work? Most modern weapons are tiny by comparison since large yields are impractical for many reasons. And when the largest bomb ever detonated was only 50 Mt do you think Cold War USA could develop a 10,000 Mt explosive?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:21 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well i mean, Project SUNDIAL, made in the cold war, was for a 10gt Bomb. Even considering things to not be too Big, an Bomb over 1 gt Is really easy to make, considering the other tech.

What's the strategic reasoning for such a large explosive when more traditionally sized weapons would work? Most modern weapons are tiny by comparison since large yields are impractical for many reasons. And when the largest bomb ever detonated was only 50 Mt do you think Cold War USA could develop a 10,000 Mt explosive?

Not necessarily develop It, but Edward Teller already had tought of how. Either way, I'm saying that, for example, An 1 GT or 2 GT Bomb would certainly be possible.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Look, I'm just going to cap all nukes at the size of Tsar Bomba. Anything more just seems egregious and as I've already stated, leads to nowhere good Rp-wise.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well i mean, Project SUNDIAL, made in the cold war, was for a 10gt Bomb. Even considering things to not be too Big, an Bomb over 1 gt Is really easy to make, considering the other tech.

But why make such a large nuke at all? After a while, it just seems excessive.

Imma keep It real with u chief

It's all about the big KABOOM. It Just looks Nice. Imagine being in an spaceship Bridge And watching as an planet gets lit with nukes?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:Look, I'm just going to cap all nukes at the size of Tsar Bomba. Anything more just seems egregious and as I've already stated, leads to nowhere good Rp-wise.

I guess, but the Tsar Bomba was supposed to be 100mt

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Skarten wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:Look, I'm just going to cap all nukes at the size of Tsar Bomba. Anything more just seems egregious and as I've already stated, leads to nowhere good Rp-wise.

I guess, but the Tsar Bomba was supposed to be 100mt

Yeah, and it was able to destroy an area the size of Paris.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
Skarten wrote:I guess, but the Tsar Bomba was supposed to be 100mt

Yeah, and it was able to destroy an area the size of Paris.
I guess If you Chuck enough of them in a planet, the population Will eventually die
Last edited by Skarten on Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:42 pm

I guess, but boy would I be pissed if someone just did that right out the gate.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:I guess, but boy would I be pissed if someone just did that right out the gate.

Well, it'll eventually happen. It's sci-fi after all. Aliens are Just too different to not genocide each other at some point. Plus, planetary extinction is like a big flex on everyone Else near you
Last edited by Skarten on Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Skarten wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:I guess, but boy would I be pissed if someone just did that right out the gate.

Well, it'll eventually happen. It's sci-fi after all. Aliens are Just too different to not genocide each other at some point. Plus, planetary extinction is like a big flex on everyone Else near you

Good thing I'm not near you.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Skarten wrote:

Good thing I'm not near you.

For Now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse