NATION

PASSWORD

Marked Ones: Origins [Urban Fantasy Hero RPG | OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 am

What happened to pre-existing religions in 1121? Did they attempt to assimilate magic into their faith? I might be interested in creating a character that's interested in a Kabbalah-Libro Lux fusion style of magic, specializing in the creation of golems. However, if that clashes too much with the established canon I can go another route.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:What happened to pre-existing religions in 1121? Did they attempt to assimilate magic into their faith? I might be interested in creating a character that's interested in a Kabbalah-Libro Lux fusion style of magic, specializing in the creation of golems. However, if that clashes too much with the established canon I can go another route.

Preexisting religions do exist but they're generally non magical and sometimes anti-magic at best, they exist as competing religions to the magical ones.
don't tread on me

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 am

Forest State wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:What happened to pre-existing religions in 1121? Did they attempt to assimilate magic into their faith? I might be interested in creating a character that's interested in a Kabbalah-Libro Lux fusion style of magic, specializing in the creation of golems. However, if that clashes too much with the established canon I can go another route.

Preexisting religions do exist but they're generally non magical and sometimes anti-magic at best, they exist as competing religions to the magical ones.

Mystic veins existed in Judaism (and were appropriated later on to Christianity) prior to the emergence of magic in this universe. Would it be alright to draw from one of those?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Forest State wrote:Preexisting religions do exist but they're generally non magical and sometimes anti-magic at best, they exist as competing religions to the magical ones.

Mystic veins existed in Judaism (and were appropriated later on to Christianity) prior to the emergence of magic in this universe. Would it be alright to draw from one of those?

Probably not if it's from before the magic era here, there's only really one mythology that's active.
don't tread on me

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

I increased the recharge timer.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:32 am

Forest State wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:Mystic veins existed in Judaism (and were appropriated later on to Christianity) prior to the emergence of magic in this universe. Would it be alright to draw from one of those?

Probably not if it's from before the magic era here, there's only really one mythology that's active.

Sounds good. That's why I asked before writing an application.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 am

Union Princes wrote:I increased the recharge timer.

Were you also planning to make the suggested background edits or should I look at the app again as it is now?
don't tread on me

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 am

look at app now

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:34 am

Union Princes wrote:snip

The cooldown should have to be an hour, not minutes. And it would use all of her mana each time she does it, since duplicating a body is an intensive task.

Also, the bio should really be edited, because it still reads like a caricature of a stereotypical American. It's not really much different from making a cardboard cutout of a British person who talks in a posh accent and drinks tea in every scene, or an Irish character that's always drunk and gets in fights, or a Japanese character who is obsessed with anime.

And I'm not saying these people don't exist. I could classify myself as a patriotic American who supports the second amendment. But it doesn't work when it's basically the character's entire background/personality. Just like Jenny was flat as a character because she had no other defining traits other than her large family, but each member of that family only ended up with a couple of sentences of development so the point is moot. Or how Maria didn't have a personality of her own and her dad was the only defining thing about her, in VP.

I'm not saying this to rip on your app, I'm saying it because you can do better than making simple stereotypes or characters that are taken directly from existing franchises.
don't tread on me

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:23 am

I tried my best resolving the bio. should be better now.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:30 am

Candace Francesca Miniati de Avella

"I am neither light nor darkness... I refuse to let either one define me."

VITALS

Name: Candace Francesca Miniati de Avella
Nickname: N/A
Appearance:

Build: 5'7", 120 lbs
Faction: Marked
Skill Classification: 8
Symbol Description: Candace's symbol is a sun pattern with a sword design facing forward on top of it.

Magical School: Traditional / Black (Secretly)

Magical Abilities: Like most of her family, Candace appears to be a light mage whose abilities focus on the "holy light" from above. While this light sounds like something not dangerous, it definitely is. Burning beams are a very dangerous weapon on the battlefield, and Candace is also capable of creating "hard light" constructs which can act as weapons or as a shield which is very hard to break, equivalent to a heavy metal like titanium but with less of the weight. Additionally, the hard light weapons have a greater cutting power than traditional materials, despite being intensive to create. Forging a proper sword out of hard light, for example, is a process that would take a couple of weeks because of the high mana drain.

In secret, Candace studies black magic and uses this to boost her physical attributes during a fight, and when athleticism is required. In simpler terms, these mid-fight enhancements make her fight more like a demon than a person, even if they aren't public knowledge. Her use of this kind of magic is limited, however, despite her intensive studies into the form. Finally, something that she's learned from her family is using holy light to give life to small constructs, which are not quite able to fight but can be useful as messengers or spies. This branch of magic is one that Candace has shown great interest in studying further.

Candace has also done research on summoning dark spirits, but hasn't gone far enough in this to actually pull of the act.

Weaknesses: Candace's hard light is her biggest mana drain and hard light weapons can't be created on the spot, nor can the summons that she uses. Additionally, these summons are pretty weak and are more useful for scouting and the like than fighting. Her black magic can also have something of an effect on her personality and body if she isn't careful, requiring a constant balancing act. And when she's in a one versus one fight, she tends to rely on her enhanced body rather than any magical ability per say, leaving her somewhat vulnerable to those that are more versatile.

Equipment: Candace's preferred weapon is a sword made from hard light, which she has forged and reforged for a couple of years to make it stronger and stronger. This sword, Domitor, is nearly unbroken by ordinary means and would require another magical weapon to do such. It has a light glow to it because of its properties and the materials it was forged with, but ti was also laced with steel in addition to the hard light, which Candace spent months shaping into the perfect blade. This sword is 3.5 feet long, with a double edge. When the situation isn't right to use a sword in combat, Candace is well trained in shotguns and heavy pistols and will use those in place of it.

DETAILS

Alignment: True neutral
Nationality: Church of Light / Italian
Hometown: Church City
Sexuality: ???

Personality: Something of a rebel, Candace is fiercely independent and prefers to do her own thing. She realizes, however, that this isn't always possible with her family and she often puts on a calmer mask, hiding her rebellious side and showing the image of someone that is intelligent, albeit with an overly curious mind.

Biography: Being born into one of the great magical houses didn't give Candace a lot of freedom growing up. She knew what was expected of her from the beginning, and that was for her to become a successful member of the Church and progress the family's ventures into magic. She found herself living in Church City, the city state in northern Italy controlled by the Church of Light, and she found it stifling. This area was controlled by the stricter and more traditional members of the Church and there was hardly room to step out of line growing up. There were plenty of rules about things she couldn't do... But of course, she would find ways around them, and she became used to not meeting her family's expectations, doing things ans asking for forgiveness later rather than just not doing them.

She had always been curious about the world around her and she had plenty of questions, and the ones she couldn't get answered by her family she took to others. That was how she ended up interested in black magic from a young age, experimenting with forbidden techniques and studying the mysterious history behind this fascinating school of magic. As a teenager, she spent many hours in her room with forbidden books, taking in knowledge and even trying the techniques she discovered. But that wasn't acceptable for a member of a great house, and she found herself fighting with her family often before being pushed into the path of the Inquisition. Perhaps if the restless girl could experience the outside world through a career that would allow her to experience plenty of action, she would mess with the forbidden less.

Candace became a full fledged member of the Holy Inquisition at the age of nineteen, earning herself a ceremonial suit of armor and joining her older sister Cassandra, and her father, Salvatore, in the ranks of the organization. She would also spend time traveling Europe periodically to deal with things such as demons and vampire infestations, which seemed to be appearing more and more. However, she didn't drop her studies, and would even combine forbidden magic into her fighting style with the Inquisition, secretly. She continued to fight her family, however, refusing an arranged marriage and threatening to run away and leave the magic world permanently if she was forced into it against her will. The year that she became an inquisitor was also the year that she fell in love with a priestess who was 6 years older than her and in a much higher position.

Of course, that relationship didn't fly with her family. Nor did it fly with the Church. She ended up having her lover sent off to be reassigned on another continent when she was 20, and Candace was... Broken for a bit. Her parents didn't exactly approve in her preferences in partners. Not only did they believe in towing the line of the more traditional elements of the Church, but she was meant to have an arranged marriage and produce children to help further the line of the family and spread their magic. After experiencing heartbreak for the first time, she spent more and more time by herself, working with both the traditional and forbidden areas of magic and getting stronger. She didn't know exactly what she was getting stronger for. But she had some ideas.

When the mark appeared on Candace's hand and showed that she was meant for more, that she was meant to be a hero, she took it as a chance to flee from her family and go on the adventure of her life. But still, she was hiding a lot more than most realize under her confident exterior, and a lot of smarts that go unaccounted for...

#MarkedApp
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:35 am

Union Princes wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:37 pm

I'll tag this. Will probably see where it goes first before making an app though
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:35 pm

ANDER LASKARIS

VITALS

Name: Ander Laskaris
Appearance:

Build: 6'1, 187 lbs
Skill Classification: 12

Magical School: Black / Traditional
Magical Abilities: Ander has studied much magic over his years, but some of his strongest magic revolves around transformation and turning one thing into another. Turning a weak weapon into a strong one, turning a worthless material into a valuable one, or changing someone's injury and turning it back to its past state. While this transformation magic is not flashy in combat, it can be very useful in the long run and can be used to support others through things such as healing, enhancing equipment, or providing a source of income through the creation of valuables. This transformation magic also applies to Ander himself, allowing him to shift and change forms assuming he has enough mana to do so.

Additionally, his combination of black magic and fire magic has created a powerful source of attacks: dark flames. These flames are capable of hitting at both the physical and metaphysical levels, burning the targeted person but also burning through enchantments, magical protections, or defenses set up using magic. This makes them especially useful against magical beings such as demons, but also against mages who rely on magical defenses. Dark flames, of course, require much more energy to summon than regular flames would. And flames aren't always the best anti personnel weapon when not used in mass quantities.

He has also used magic to push his body to the limits in terms of ability, with a superhuman level of athleticism and reflexes. It's not always much against enemies that can simply rely on magic. But combined with magic, it has a chance to be dangerous.
Equipment: Ander's typical equipment includes an AK-15, in addition to an AKS-74U for situations that require a smaller option. This is in addition to magical crystals, which provide more mana when needed but must be recharged after being emptied with a long process.

DETAILS

Alignment: Neutral good
Personality: Ander is a generally jaded leader that didn't want this position but ended up with it against his original wishes after being dragged out of retirement. You could argue that Ander doesn't even believe in the concept of "heroes" anymore... And yet, he's found himself in charge of training the next generation of them, something that's forced him to rethink things.

Biography: Not many people know of Ander Laskaris anymore. Ander was one of the leading figures of the last generation of Marked, but that generation failed to stop Autarch, the traitor within their ranks who wanted to bring order to the world rather than save it. Ander was perhaps the closest to Autarch when that betrayal happened, and when Autarch turned on them, Ander was the closest thing they had to a leader once the initial fight depleted their ranks. He did his best to lead them, and in spite of that, the result was a bloodbath. Bad decisions were made, the Marked met their match, and they would never defeat Autarch. When they had tried, they took the biggest loss they ever had.

When it was all said and done, Ander fled all the way to Canada, abandoning the past and settling down in the isolated city of Thunder Bay. Life owning a farm was much simpler than the life of a hero, after all, and Ander had never been a particularly good hero. He'd have one daughter with one of his former allies, and adopted a girl from his home country who had promising magical ability not much longer after that. However, things couldn't remain that peaceful forever. Ander had been out of the world of magic for years, but after the next generation of Marked appeared, it wasn't long before some of his old allies emerged once again and roped him into leading them once again... Or rather, training the next generation until they could handle themselves, with hopes of keeping another disaster from happening like the last one.

#MarkedApp
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm

I changed Jack's bio to explain the lab a little better, but looking at the other apps I'm beggining to feel mine is a tad short. Should I lengthen it out?
Pebis

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Lessoni wrote:I changed Jack's bio to explain the lab a little better, but looking at the other apps I'm beggining to feel mine is a tad short. Should I lengthen it out?

It's usually a good idea if you can add more.
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Forest State wrote:
Lessoni wrote:I changed Jack's bio to explain the lab a little better, but looking at the other apps I'm beggining to feel mine is a tad short. Should I lengthen it out?

It's usually a good idea if you can add more.

It is l e n g t h e n e d
Pebis

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 pm

ESCANOR ELWYN BANAING

"For the good of all, I will not hesitate, my steel shall taste blood once again."

VITALS

Name: Escanor Elwyn Banaing
Appearance:

Build: A very athletic build, 180 cm (~ 5'11") and 86 kg (~ 190 lbs)
Skill Classification: 7

Symbol Description: This

Magical School: Traditional
Magical Abilities: Despite having basic knowledge of combat, defensive and support magics, Escanor is only capable of magic described below due to the nature of anti-magic.

Adaptive Defense - Escanor unconsciously surrounds himself in a veil of his own magic, Escanor is capable of creating a defensive layer of magic around his body. This defensive layer doesn't provide a strong defense at first (though it still is beneficial), but as it takes hits, it becomes progressively stronger as it adapts to the magic of his opponent, even if the opponent uses multiple types of magic. However, it only can adapt to one opponent's magic at a time, as if it is used when facing multiple opponents, it will try to adapt to all of them, but since it can only adapt to one person's magic at a time, it will never be able to get stronger than its base defense.

Curse Break - Escanor is able to break curses, assuming he can make contact with the cursed object or person. The more powerful the curse, the more time it takes to break, and the more mana Escanor has to spend. Due to this ability, any curses placed upon Escanor are almost instantly broken. Of course, his magic is also unable to tell a curse from a beneficial "blessing", and as such it breaks such magic as if was a curse. Therefore, Escanor is unable to get assistance from allies with support magic or be healed by healing magic.

Spell Break - By drawing from his own mana pool, and harnessing it through his sword, {NAME} is capable of breaking magic with a slash of his sword. Magic Projectiles when slashed by his sword will be rendered useless as they shatter into a glimmer of harmless mana. Magic barriers and defensive magic in general tends to last longer against his blade. As such, he can not simply make one slash and a magic barrier is destroyed. Depending on the strength of the barrier or defense, Escanor must make a minimum of three slashes to an undetermined amount. Escanor's sword when using Spell Break is also capable of causing great harm to beings derived from magic or beings that have a magical element as part of them (supernatural).

Magic Sense Evasion - Due to the nature of Escanor's magic, he is undetectable to detection through magically enhanced senses, or magic designed to find someone. This is passive, and not perfect. Its not perfect simply because of the nature of Escanor's magic. Highly trained users of such tracking/locating magics will be able to notice a "blindspot" of about 3 metre (~ 10 ft) in diameter, and it is within this "blindspot" where Escanor could be found.

Magic Detection - Escanor is capable of detecting magic and magic users with an impressive level of precision within 30 metres (~ 100 ft). This must be activated, but it can be easily maintained even in the heat of combat. It allows him to know where magic users are around him, and where magic projectiles are in real time. Thus allowing him to fight more effectively, and making it very hard to sneak up on him.

Weaknesses: Very effective against individual opponents, but suffers against multiple opponents. Without a sword, or object to harness his mana through, Escanor is incapable of using his Spell Break. His code of honour often gets the best of him, as he will not fight an unarmed combatant, nor will he make the first strike.

Equipment:

DETAILS

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Nationality: English(and by extension British)
Hometown: Kingston-upon-Hull, England, UK
Sexuality: Hetero

Personality: Escanor is a rather stoic and seemingly emotionless figure as he rarely shows emotion. That said, he is not apathetic, just really bad at expressing his emotions. And as such, prefers to not show them. He lives by his own code of honour, and would rather die than break it. He is no fool, and rarely runs into combat without a plan of action, and a plan of escape. He knows his limits, and will never throw his life away for the sake of his pride. That said, if him fighting something that could kill him with ease would allow for his allies, friends, brother and innocents to escape, then he will do it without a second thought. He doesn't hesitate when taking the life of those he considers evil, but if he has doubts about a targets "evilness" then he can hesitate.

Biography: Born in Kingston-upon-Hull, to mages that walked the path of darkness. The albino twins known as Escanor and Ryder would start their life on the path of darkness, but would eventually find a better path among the light. You see, the Banaing family is an old family, that specialized in hunting and slaying other mages. As such the family developed remarkable skill with anti-magic. Due to being born among the Banaing family, the twins were expected by the rest of the family to walk the same path.

And they did walk that path for the majority of their youth. They were taught how to use the families bread and butter, anti-magic, and the basics about combat, defensive and support magics, so that they could effectively combat them. They were also taught how to turn their own body into a deadly weapon through numerous martial arts, and training with multiple different types of weapons. The twins were also taught that failure was unacceptable, and that the only reward that they would get for failing would be pain. All these lessons started not long after the twins began to walk and talk.

When the albino twins were 14, they were given a test. A test that the Banaing family considered a right of passage. They were each expected to kill an innocent, and helpless child that the Banaing family had obtained through less than legal means. Both Escanor and Ryder hesitated, but ultimately took the life of a child. Unlike most members of the Banaing family, both of them started to have doubts about their family.

This doubt would eventually lead to the twins turning their back on the rest of the Banaing family, and attempting to leave. However, they would not leave peacefully, as members of the family attempted to stop them. They would fight and escape. But the family would never let them truly be free. And so, the twins turned back to Kingston-upon-Hull, with one goal. End the Banaing family's long traditions with a crimson tide.

At the age of 17, the albino twins of the Banaing family would be the last members of the Banaing family. They did not kill their family with out remorse, they simply did it because it had to be done, not only for their future, but the future of others. The fight wasn't easy physically as well, but somehow they managed to survive and stand as the last of the Banaing family. The twins would then spend the next few years travelling, and taking jobs were they could.

One day, a mark appeared on both the right hand of Escanor and Ryder. And the rest is history.

Theme: A Light That Never Comes - Linkin Park ft. Steve Aoki

#MarkedApp

RYDER ELNE BANAING

"That the best you got?"

VITALS

Name:Ryder Elne Banaing
Appearance:

Build: A very athletic build, 180 cm (~ 5'11") and 85 kg (~ 187 lbs)

Symbol Description: This

Magical Abilities: Despite having basic knowledge of combat, defensive and support magics, Ryder is only capable of magic described below due to the nature of anti-magic.

I'll Take It... - Ryder is capable of taking plenty of hits from magic attacks. As he takes hits, he absorbs the majority of the mana from the attack, and as such acts as if he had a spongy layer of defense. Some mana is not absorbed, and that small amount does deal damage. The mana collected is then added to Ryder's mana pool, helping to maintain his mana absorption, and provides mana to be used to power up and aid his allies.

And Pass It Along - Ryder is capable of taking the mana absorbed through his mana absorption (I'll Take It...) and alter it to provide boosts to his allies. These boosts include boosts to physical attributes and magical attributes. Such physical attributes include; strength, speed, agility, durability, stamina, senses and endurance. Such magical attributes include; magic offensive power, magic defensive power and just mana pool. Yes, Ryder is able to transfer the absorbed mana directly to an ally, granting them a boost in available mana. Ryder is only capable of boosting up to five people at a time and can only grant one boost at a time.

Spell Destabilization - Ryder is capable of destabilizing the spells of other mages. He does this by using his mana to alter the properties of the spells of his opponents and of his allies. He does this by using his own mana to affect the magic of a target in real time. He can increase or decrease the targets magic's accuracy, range, duration, and power at the price of the other aspects (for example; decrease accuracy, but increase range/duration/power). He can only destabilize the magic of one target at a time, and can not use it on his own magic.

Magic Sense Evasion - Due to the nature of Ryder's magic, he is undetectable to detection through magically enhanced senses, or magic designed to find someone. This is passive, and not perfect. Its not perfect simply because of the nature of Ryder's magic. Highly trained users of such tracking/locating magics will be able to notice a "blindspot" of about 3 metre (~ 10 ft) in diameter, and it is within this "blindspot" where Ryder could be found.

Magic Detection - Ryder is capable of detecting magic and magic users with an impressive level of precision within 30 metres (~ 100 ft). This must be activated, but it can be easily maintained even in the heat of combat. It allows him to know where magic users are around him, and where magic projectiles are in real time. Thus allowing him to fight more effectively, and making it very hard to sneak up on him.

Weaknesses: While Ryder is better than his twin brother at dealing with a number of opponents, he is best when he is facing one opponent at a time. Ryder is cocky, and often over estimates his own abilities, which has lead to trouble before.

Equipment:
  • Weighted-Knuckle Gloves
  • 2 Heckler & Koch P30s and additional ammunition
  • 2 Homemade Smoke Bombs
  • A Phone
  • Cigarettes and a lighter

DETAILS

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Nationality: English (and by extension British)
Hometown: Kingston-upon-Hull, England, UK
Sexuality: Hetero

Personality: If one was to compare Ryder to his brother, they would find plenty of differences. Where Escanor rarely shows emotions, Ryder is very, very expressive. Where Escanor has a code of honour, Ryder doesn't live by a code. He does what he thinks is best, without any care for what others think. Ryder is also not a fool, and will plan a plan of action, and a plan of escape. But Ryder is nowhere as patient as his brother, so his plans are more of ideas. If faced with an obviously superior opponent, Ryder will try to escape, or lure the opponent into a situation where Ryder has a better chance of winning. Ryder is prideful however, and often over estimates his own abilities, while under estimating his opponents. Like his brother, if the act of Ryder fighting something that could kill him with ease would allow for his allies, friends, brother and innocents to escape, then he will do it without a second thought. Unlike his brother, who can kill without hesitation, Ryder tends to hesitate no matter the opponent. Unless the opponent is obviously an evil that needs to be purged.

Biography: Born in Kingston-upon-Hull, to mages that walked the path of darkness. The albino twins known as Escanor and Ryder would start their life on the path of darkness, but would eventually find a better path among the light. You see, the Banaing family is an old family, that specialized in hunting and slaying other mages. As such the family developed remarkable skill with anti-magic. Due to being born among the Banaing family, the twins were expected by the rest of the family to walk the same path.

And they did walk that path for the majority of their youth. They were taught how to use the families bread and butter, anti-magic, and the basics about combat, defensive and support magics, so that they could effectively combat them. They were also taught how to turn their own body into a deadly weapon through numerous martial arts, and training with multiple different types of weapons. The twins were also taught that failure was unacceptable, and that the only reward that they would get for failing would be pain. All these lessons started not long after the twins began to walk and talk.

When the albino twins were 14, they were given a test. A test that the Banaing family considered a right of passage. They were each expected to kill an innocent, and helpless child that the Banaing family had obtained through less than legal means. Both Escanor and Ryder hesitated, but ultimately took the life of a child. Unlike most members of the Banaing family, both of them started to have doubts about their family.

This doubt would eventually lead to the twins turning their back on the rest of the Banaing family, and attempting to leave. However, they would not leave peacefully, as members of the family attempted to stop them. They would fight and escape. But the family would never let them truly be free. And so, the twins turned back to Kingston-upon-Hull, with one goal. End the Banaing family's long traditions with a crimson tide.

At the age of 17, the albino twins of the Banaing family would be the last members of the Banaing family. They did not kill their family with out remorse, they simply did it because it had to be done, not only for their future, but the future of others. The fight wasn't easy physically as well, but somehow they managed to survive and stand as the last of the Banaing family. The twins would then spend the next few years travelling, and taking jobs were they could.

One day, a mark appeared on both the right hand of Escanor and Ryder. And the rest is history.

Theme: Move - Mercy Me

#MarkedApp
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Lessoni wrote:snip

Good expansions, accepted.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm

The IC thread has now launched. Feel free to post introductions.

The roster will be added tomorrow.
don't tread on me

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Sun Yi Jong

"I always ask myself this: is it worth my time?"

VITALS

Name: Sun Yi Jong
Nickname: Sun
Appearance:

Build: 6 foot 1, 84kg, Muscular
Skill Classification: 10
Symbol Description: The Greek symbol of Lambda 'Λ'

Magical School: Traditional/Life Magic
Magical Abilities:

• Magical Vampirism: As a Life Magic practitioner, he has the ability to use a use a spell that will suck off part of a person's soul and convert that to mana. He can use that to increase his own mana two-fold or store the mana into crystals meaning if he has a crystal on him then he will almost always have more mana reserves to draw power from then his enemies. If there is a source of humans to draw from then Sun will always possess a great pool of mana from which he can draw a high level of power from in order to cheat his own natural limits as a mage.

• Magic Infusion: While he can take mana, he can also give mana. Sun can imbue as much magical power as he wishes into an object or a being, thus enhancing the qualities of a weapon or empowering the abilities of a magic user. For example, a fire mage, when empowered by Sun, will find his mana stores notably increased thus being able to cast more spells or stronger spells without tiring. A weapon that he infuses will have its baseline qualities notably increased for example a sword's durability and sharpness along with its magical properties if it has any such as if it has heat resistance than its resistance will increase.

• Somnus Protects: Sun can summon a suit of armor, of any type including modern armor, that can be imbued with certain magical properties and be surrounded by a protective magical aura enhances the baseline qualities of the armor such as durability and lightness so that if its magical resistances are rendered useless, it can still serve as a very tough suit of armor for its wearer. Summoning an enchanted armor may take merely a minute or a few seconds less depending on the amount of mana he generates for the spell.The magical properties of the armor depend on Sun, meaning if he were up against a creature of fire he would create and don an armor capable of heat and fire resistance or when underwater, a suit of armor that insulates him and can traverse through water as fast as a shark. Armors he creates can also be worn by allies to protect them, this can be particularly effective at protecting those who are are not front-line fighters from being targeted by the enemy. If he chooses not to, Sun can summon armor not that is not enchanted but will still be infused with the magical energies used to summon it, meaning the armor will be of the high possible quantities amongst mortal armors. Summoning a non-enchanted armor would take a few seconds.

• The Blademaster: Just like with armor, Sun can summon bladed weapons that can be infused with certain magical energies and be surrounded in a magical aura that will enhance the baseline qualities of the weapon such as durability and sharpness so that when its magic cannot help in battle, the sword can still do its job of slicing clean through the enemy. Summoning an enchanted weapon may take a minute or a few seconds less if he generates more mana than usual for the spell. The weapons's magical properties depends on the spell Sun uses to infuse the blade with, for example he may create a sword of magical flames capable of ranged attack or a spear that always returns to its owner when thrown. Like the armor, this can be given to an ally to use. If he chooses not to, Sun can summon a blade that is not enchanted but will still be infused with the magical energies used to summon it, meaning the blade will be a blade of the highest possible quality amongst normally made blades. Summoning a non-magical blade will take a couple seconds.

• Sword of the Angel: The most mana-costly, mentally intensive spell for Sun, this spell will create a magical, white sword surrounded by a glowing golden aura that is capable of saving the life of a 1 person.

Weaknesses:

• As a Mana Vampire, his powers rely upon 1 thing: a source of humans. The more humans there are in the vicinity around him, the better his ability to do battle and cast spells. However, if his access to humans is restricted then he will starve and his body will transform into that of a sickly, thin boy whose eyes will go wild and mouth will salivate for the taste of a human soul. This means that a very effective way of fighting a Mana Vampire is rather not killing them while they have access to "sustenance" but imprisoning them in a form of magical prison such as a rune prison or locked in an area using magical wards. If they have their crystal on their body when imprisoned then their starvation is merely slowed but it'll only be a matter of time before they become feral albeit with no mana to support any of their attacks.

• Both his armor and blades are greatly imbued with magic that can either offer resistance against a certain form of attack or provide a magical utility such as flight. However, these magical properties are only limited to a certain type of aggressor that they directly counter and cannot offer resistances against more than 1 type of magical attack. For example, his blade may have been created with the intention to direct a ranged slash through the element of water but when out of water that same sword, though it may be stronger than normal swords, will not offer any ranged attacks and Sun must summon a new type of blade to replace it. Likewise, his armor may withstand fire and heat but against ice magic, it is just a very good suit of armor susceptible to being frozen and broken.

• Sun can only have 1 suit of armor and 1 bladed weapon in existence at any 1 instance. Meaning, if he wishes to replace a sword he disintegrate the sword then cast a new spell to create the replacement. A vulnerability can be when Sun chooses to create a suit of armor or weapon for not himself but an ally. If he wants to create a new piece of armor or blade then he must cast a spell to cause the current creation his ally is donning to disappear which may make his ally vulnerable to attack.

• The spell to cast the Sword of the Angel is an incredibly powerful spell that takes time to cast. When casted, it has the ability to bring a person back from the brink of death or even death though that is out of Sun's ability at the moment. However, once casted it cannot be cast again for Sun will not depleted both his body's storage of mana as well as his mental fortitude. This means that even if Sun's mana is restored using a crystal or the offering of a part of his ally's soul, he will not, at least in his current level of skill, be able to cast a second Sword of the Angel.

• As a result of the lingering trauma from his parent's deaths, Sun is susceptible to falling into a deep berserk state when faced with the same sight again. In this state, he will summon a black demonic armor with the face of a silver skull and wield a large bloody scythe and attack all those in his vicinity unless contained within an imprisonment spell or knocked unconscious by a strong ability.

Equipment: 1 Mystical Mana Crystal, 2 Empty Mystical Mana Crystals

DETAILS

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Nationality: Korean
Hometown: Seoul
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Ironically, Sun is a very energetic person who has no reservations about restraint when it comes to living life. He says and does things when he feels like it but though it may seem his behavior borders on that of irrationality everything he does is backed by a belief that what he is doing in the current moment is well worth his time, whether it be kicking a ball around or heads-down in a book he believes it is a worthwhile task. However, the way he defines things that are worthwhile is indeed selfish. If it does not benefit him then why would he do it?

Biography:

The only son of a well-off family, he was raised in the upper-class suburbs of urban Seoul. His family were followers of Somnus and as such, Sun was inducted into their religion which is where he learnt Life Magic alongside Traditional Magic. Growing up as an only child, Sun did not realize just how much resources his parents devoted for his sake. He never really experienced the dark side of Life Magic due to the fact that his parents were willing to keep his life-force energies constantly supplied by their own or paid others to keep Sun fed.

As a result, Sun never saw the need to learn other magics for he was of the belief that his Life Magic and Armament Magic were indeed the strongest forms of magic. Life Magic did indeed allow an unfair advantage over his peers. Sun not only possessed a higher level of mana than his peers but also used that higher level of mana available to him to continually summon magical armor and weapons in what would otherwise be too mana-costly for someone of his age. Sun truly believed he was destined for greatness, that he was the one who would rise up over all the other superheroes and be Humanity's salvation.

His sheltered life meant he was never truly aware of his family's origins. He had always known his father was a businessman but had never really been motivated to inquire deeper into the truth for he was so blinded by his own appearance in the mirror. It was during his final year of high school that everything he had ever known or trusted in fell apart. A night that had felt like any other night was when the assailants struck. An army of assassins, wielding magic or automatic firearms, fell upon the Jong household. Situated upon a valley overlooking Seoul, in a mansion that betrayed the hubris of his family, there was nowhere to run. Sun awoke to the sounds of screams and fire. Ever the reckless one, he rushed to the source of those horrible sounds to be greeted with the decapitated heads of his parents in the hands of 2 masked men wielding pistols.

Of course he charged the assailants.

In his rage, Sun created an armor one could only describe as demonic. A great, hulking black suit of armor covered in spikes with the battle-mask of a silver skull, the magical energies around the armor were as unstable as the mental state of their wearer. Their bullets unable to penetrate the demonic armor, he let loose a tremendous wave of energy that formed a great red scythe, the blade covered in blood and wreathed in flames. Slaughtering the 2 gunmen who held his parent's heads, he was quickly countered by a group of assassin mages. Though he may have been able to overcome a gun with magic, he was but a child to the adult mages who washed Sun's body in flames, in an attempt to immolate the boy as an unexpected gift to their masters. Sun initially withstood the flames by putting everything he had into his armor but within seconds the demon armor, having already been unstable since creation, began to burn against his skin.

In a final desperate attempt to survive, he tried to dis-attach his armor from his soul to create a wall he could hide behind but to his horror when he looked at his skin he found it nought but wrinkled, that of an elderly man rather than the 18-year old boy he was. Overcome by horror and the overwhelming heat of his parent's killers, his elderly body quickly shut down, unable to endure any second longer.

Sun regained consciousness...a year later. His relatives had arrived too late to save his parents but they had come in time to stop Sun's broken body from deteriorating any further. The level of sustenance he required was something that his relatives could not immediately provide as they too had their own life-forces to sustain. If he had been an adult, perhaps Sun would have recovered faster but unfortunate, Sun had been just a teenage boy. His weakened body had been fed gradually while he had been kept asleep by magic. By the time he realized the truth, his extended family had already enacted "justice" on the rival crime-lord. Revenge was not an option anymore. Yet, what horrified him even more had been the sight of his body after his sudden overuse of Life Magic. He sought the truth from his family and the truth he got.

As the son of a crime-lord himself, Sun's abundant supply of Life Magic had only been possible thanks to the efforts of his father's henchmen kidnapping either rivals or innocents off the streets then converting not just part but all of their souls into mana for Sun to consume. This was the only reason why he was so much more powerful than his peers, not because of "hard-work" but because of stolen power.

A couple years later, when the Mark appeared on his body, magic had taken a backseat in Sun's life. Though magic was still of vital importance as it was his best tool for defending himself, Sun now dreamed of a peaceful life where he was a legitimate person of society free to have fun and drink alcohol without an impending threat lingering behind his every step.

#MarkedApp
Last edited by Vanquaria on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:57 am

NEV HURN

"When playing cards, skill ain’t got shit to do with it, what matters is how well the dealer is at shuffling."

VITALS

Name: Nev Hurn
Nickname:Croupier
Appearance:

Build: 5’3”, 122 lbs
Skill Classification: 5
Symbol Description: The Ace of Spades, found on the back of his right hand.

Magical School: Black
Magical Abilities: Nev is unique in his magic, in that instead of outright combat or healing abilities, he specializes in misdirection and manipulation, using his magic to cause intense hallucinations, essentially bending an opponent’s perspective into his own imagined reality. However, in order to use it he has to have the victim look into his eyes. He can also focus some of his magic to manifest a deck of playing cards which he can then throw like knives. Nev also has the ability to read someone’s personality to an extent through the use of tarot cards, though he has to know the person’s name before he can use this.

Weaknesses: Nev is inexperienced at fighting without his magic, preferring to utilize his abilities or avoid conflict altogether. Anyone with a strong enough will can overcome Nev’s magic and render it completely useless. Those unable to see or are using tools to prevent direct sight (e.g. sunglasses) are immune to Nev’s hallucination spells.

Equipment: A specially-made cane with magic conducting properties. Nev can focus magic into it and use it as a ranged weapon. The cane’s mechanism requires a 3 second cooldown after each shot and creates an overt tracer from the cane to the target. A shot from this weapon is comparable to a .458 magnum.

DETAILS

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Nationality:American
Hometown:New Orleans, Louisiana
Sexuality:Straight (secretly bicurious)

Personality: Nev is a wildcard, at best. It’s incredibly hard to know what he would do in certain situations because he is never consistent with his reactions, though he usually acts gentlemanly and therefore dresses as such, how he gets such clothing is anyone’s guess. Some could speculate that this inconsistency might be due to him hiding another side...
Biography:Growing up in the bayous of New Orleans, Nev’s life, while boring, was a comfortable one, good food, warm bed, sturdy walls and a wide roof were all features of his lifestyle. Eventually however, his parents got the idea to move into the big city, though they could only afford a home in the gang-infested ghettos, the reason why they wanted to move is a mystery that he has yet to solve to this day. Moving in sent his life in a whole new direction, often times he had to avoid gang conflict if he wanted to get anywhere.

However, he always enjoyed playing cards with gang members of any sort, no matter the game, and he was good at it too. By the time he was 18, he was practically the card game kingpin of New Orleans, so he decided to get a job as a casino dealer, which went swimmingly. While he put on little shows with his shuffling skills, he always stacked the deck against the players.

While he was in the washroom, Nev felt an intense burning feeling on his hand, and lo, a gold Ace of Spades was burned into his hand. He quit his job soon after, and collaborated with the local gangs to get as much material of black magic that he could buy, especially the debilitating hallucination magic he uses today. The more he studied, the more he changed. His eyes became red with a near constant glow, his hair becoming snow white, and he appeared shorter and younger, like he was in his mid teens. His teeth also became pointed and long like a cat’s.

Though he always kept his mark a secret, and convinced his parents that their eyes were playing tricks whenever they looked at him. Unfortunately, he couldn’t keep up the charade forever, as his parents found his books and confronted him, which led to his mark being discovered. Of course, being backwoodsy people, they simply thought it was an elaborate tattoo, but they had the idea to take a picture of it and post it on social media along with a message meant to shame him. It wasn’t long until Church operatives were bashing down his door to whisk him away to his new destiny.

#MarkedApp

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am

Vanquaria wrote:snip

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:snip

Accepted.

Although for the second app, note that keeping up an illusion for someone will be a big mana drain.
don't tread on me

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:18 pm

HLAING MUIREALL TAMBOLI

"Five slachts, five clans, an twa neems."

VITALS

Name: Hlaing Muireall Tamboli
Nickname: Hlaing(Paternal Side), Moira(Maternal Side)
Appearance:

Build: 176cm/5’9”, 64kg/141lbs
Symbol Description:

Magical Abilities: Although Hlaing has a broad set of basic skills within magic, none of which terribly potent, she does have a select few specialties. Her specialties in magic can generally be categorised together as being good for moving things.
  • Tractor Beam: Hlaing can produce a tractor beam from any of her fingers, using it to lift and move things. An unbroken beam of light blue energy goes from the finger to form an outline around the object in question, holding it in place. This can be applied for the obvious purpose of moving things, but may also temporarily immobilise people, or hold together things which would otherwise be falling apart.
  • Wormhole Creation: Hlaing can form a link between two places through a wormhole. Formation of a wormhole requires her to have visited both locations to link two points, and she must be at one of the two points to . A few things are required of where Hlaing creates the wormhole. First, it must be a flat surface. Secondly, and more importantly, the wormhole must either be created on a door, window, or other entrance, or drawn. The fully formed wormhole will take whatever shape Hlaing draws or traces it to be if not created with an entrance, although she generally draws the wormhole to form a door(often one with a lock) between the two points, as drawing in a handle allows the wormhole to be opened and closed without having to destroy and remake it each time, rather than simply creating an open hole between two locations.

Weaknesses: Hlaing’s tractor beam may not bend, meaning she must hold whatever she has within it directly in front of her. Although it is intangible, it can be interrupted by placing an object between Hlaing and whatever is trapped within her beam, with the beam encircling whatever has come in the way instead. Without a present entrance, Hlaing must take time to draw her wormhole onto the surface she needs it, which makes it an ability rather unsuited to active combat. Further, if she draws a wormhole on the floor, it will require her to climb through it onto the other floor, or fall from the ceiling, as the wormhole is a direct link between two points, and will not rotate someone so that they will come out on the other side upright.

Equipment: Chalk, Markers, and a keychain holding the keys to all of her doors

DETAILS

Alignment: Neutral Good
Nationality: British(Full Citizenship) and Indian(OCI)
Scottish, Burmese, Marathi, Welsh/Midlander
Hometown: Aberdeen
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Moira’s personality is markedly dual in nature. Her passion and indifference are equally great, and if she is not deeply passionate about something, she is often wholly indifferent. For something which garners her interest, she will either quickly drop it, or become deeply passionate about it. Her loved ones, main belongings, and even hobbies, she fights tooth and nail for when necessary, and that which she dislikes enough to register she will do the same to destroy. If she does not find herself entirely enthused about anything at all, her loyalty should not be taken as a given, as Moira won’t stand up for it, and is quick to abandon. This frames Moira to be a person whose loyalty must be entirely guaranteed—otherwise, it doesn’t exist at all.

Alongside her passions come eccentricity, as Moira’s expressions can often be rather theatric, with sudden bursts of volume. She’s generally fairly vocal, generally expressing her thoughts in one way or another externally as much as internally, although she does also hold a significant internal dialogue alongside it. She has been known to jeer, and, although not consistently mean-spirited, will happily take an opportunity for a roast.
Biography: “Right, A’ll give ye the speech in the Queen’s English, at least me own approximation. So, A’ve got a way A explain my life, an’ it makes a lot more sense when I give ye the family story first. Me family has five slachts—er—heritages, an’ five clans, the way A describe it, at least. So A’ve got me mum’s maternal grandmum’s family, me mum’s maternal granddad’s family, me mum’s dad’s family, me dad’s dad’s family, an’ me dad’s mum’s family. A’ll start wi’ me mum’s side, an’ then move on to me dad’s side, an’ then their story, which then become me own story.

Me mum’s maternal grandmum’s family wis a mage family, the Douglas family, an' aye, we still own the castle. Me great grandmum, we called her “Ma”, wis a life mage, an’ her parents wis, an’ her sister wis, an’ so on. They’re why A dinnae look at bein’ a life mage. It killed each an’ every one of them, in one way or another. Me great great grandpa dinnae want to use his magic when his wife got sick, and it ended up him who got real sick. He had a stroke from his broken body. Me great grandaunt Betty wis young an’ divorced, and coudnae find someone to siphon from, and had a stroke wi' a broken body as well. Ma wis the only one who dinnae fall to her own life magic. Nae for most of her life, at least

That brings me to the family of me great granddad, who we all just called Grampy. He wis one of more children than I can recall, an’ his family, the Sutherlands, wis a pretty minor mage family, nae much special to them; nae all of them even did magic. They lived for generations on the Orkneys, an’ moved to the village of Douglas during the Great Depression. ‘Twas there he met Ma. The two, they wis true love at first sight. They met before either even wis of age; “A ne'er luved ony o'er woman" Grampy always used to say. He loved her so much that when she got seckely and auld, he insisted she siphon of him as often as possible, an' she loved him so much she finally refused when he was lookin' right sick himself. She passed on when A wis in Fourth Year, I believe. He died of grief, we suspect, nae two years later.

They had three bairns. The auldest wis named Jamie, an' she's always been a bit out of the main part, like myself. We call her Tantú. She's a strong mage, an' left off from home an' married a Yugoslav many years ago, now she lives in Belfast, as her husband an' her divorced wi' one adopted son between them. The next one wis named Greer, an' she lives in Glasgow wi' her pure Scot husband now. An' that leaves the baby, me grandma. Her name's Ainsley, but A call her Mammy. Mammy's husband is a Midlander, from a Midland and Welsh family. The Welsh side's dead, but Pappy's Midland folks are still well alive wi' him, an' Pappy an' Mammy live down in Wolverhampton near the other relatives from that "clan" all around Birmingham. Cannae go down without seein' some of them there, far as A can tell. The Midlanders’re nae mages, but they can fight somethin' fierce when they want to.

Now me dad's families. Me mum's folks have it simple in comparison, but A'll try an’ keep it clear. Me dad's dad's family goes back to the Raj, an' divided China. Me dad's paternal grandfather was a stubborn auld Bamar man living just near the Chinese border, just across in fact. He held the belief that education made someone unfit to work, but his wife disagreed. She got her eldest bairns to go off to Yangon, an' then got the younger ones to go after them. Me great grandpa, we called him Ganpho, wis one of the youngest, an' one of the smartest. He proved himself worthy of the local school, an' met the woman he'd marry. Shirley—the daughter of a wealthy local businessman from Exmouth. We called her Ganphwa. The story wis simple an' sweet: Soe Thet, that's Ganpoe, was a strapping lad, tall for a Bamar man. He was bright—right brilliant—learned English himself by using the few Burmese books in the library, the English copies, an' blood, sweat, an tears. Shirley fancied him, an' asked him out without her parents knowing. Ganpoe didn't get the message, an' continued to not until, after four times, he understood. Their marriage was never official, but they skirted an' had a good family, wi' Ganpoe's brains helping them become wealthy before the coup, an’ work well after it.

Me own grandpa, the youngest son of Ganpoe, we call him Phophay. He wis a smart man too, but never lived up to his full potential. He worked an’ worked but nary had time taken to study, so he never went to college. Me grandmum, we call Māī. She wis an Anglo-Indian. Her mum wis the bairn of an Ulster Scot an a Marathi woman, an’ her dad wis the bairn of the daughter of a Cornish woman an’ a Marathi man. Her mum an’ dad separated, an’ her dad moved to Yangon, an’ her mum moved to Dhaka wi’ some of her family. While Māī went back an’ forth, her an’ Phophay met, an’ fell for one another. Wi’ the fall of the Ne regime, they opted to leave, using their Anglo-Indian an’ Anglo-Burmese statuses to help get to the UK, an’ moved to Edinburgh.

Me mum an’ dad met in college in Aberdeen, as did me aunt an’ uncle. They married an’ had me an’ me younger brother. Bairnheid wis mostly quiet, uneventful, though it’s worth sayin’ now that me mum’s family calls me Muireall or Moira, while me dad’s calls me Hlaing. Anyway, me mum taught me through most of primaries, until they split when A wis en Primary 5, an’ me mum moved back to Douglas Castle. A started attendin’ public school in S1, after me dad convinced the courts to have me wi’ him durin’ the school year except durin’ some weekends an’ some holidays. Since Ma, who wis still alive then, an’ her family were Gaelic, they pushed hard for me to keep learning the leid at least, an’ so A attended Hazlehead Academy for all of secondary school.

A suppose A shoud say now my magic experience. I’ve been around magic all me life, pretty much. Me dad cannae do magic, an’ me mum can do a few things, but she never wis too taken by it, as it did in so much of her family. A learned about magic from Ma an’ Mammy, an’ Tantu helped teach me a wee bit too. A studied independently, but they all helped wi’ tips and tricks. A’m nae a natural at magic, but wi’ plenty of practice on the basics, me specialties, an’ a few experiments wi’ me, A’m nae a one-trick pony, though pretty much everything A can do, other people can probably do better. A wis right ruffled by the appearance of me Mark, but me Mammy an’ Tantu insisted there wis nae use runnin’ from destiny, so here A am.

Ah, an’ almost forgot clan number five. Me stepmum’s family are from Yorkshire. Nan an’ Pap, me brother an’ I call them. They’re nice folk, as far as folks go, although Nan can get cranky, an’ her brothers are right nuts. One of them built a bloody suspension bridge over a stream. That said, A think that’s all ye need to know about me, now.”

#MarkedApp
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse