NATION

PASSWORD

1955: The lonely Peace ( Alt, Open, OOC )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:On a lighter note, I've now fixed this to be Prague instead of Dresden.

Excellent, thanks.

EDIT. and regarding the polish partisan as an operative: I was aware they were an operative, but the OKW keeps a tight border with whatever states lie east of it (until someone stakes out a country there the OKW considers it a lawless wasteland), so there would be virtually no Poles in the historically Prussian territories that the nazis purged, not least as far West as Saxony.
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Conwy-Shire wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:On a lighter note, I've now fixed this to be Prague instead of Dresden.

Excellent, thanks.

EDIT. and regarding the polish partisan as an operative: I was aware they were an operative, but the OKW keeps a tight border with whatever states lie east of it (until someone stakes out a country there the OKW considers it a lawless wasteland), so there would be virtually no Poles in the historically Prussian territories that the nazis purged, not least as far West as Saxony.

Sure. But I just want to clarify, since the Palmach has operatives across Europe, that even if an operative was born in Poland, that doesn't mean he is identifiable as a Pole. Palmach operatives live in Israel and were trained there; they travel under false passports from a dozen nations; they can get across whatever border is most convenient in order to enter a country. Even in that post, I mentioned that Anshel Kessler initially used a Swabian accent to avoid detection; only once his cover was already blown did he allow his Polish accent to show. So it's not as if the absence of Poles in a given area means that a Polish-born Israeli agent couldn't still be present.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 pm

So, should I keep around Athanasiou, or kill him in my next post?

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Also, finally got around to adding Israel to the map. You can just see it if you squint: https://i.imgur.com/qIGEvOF.png
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:So, should I keep around Athanasiou, or kill him in my next post?

He could be an interesting ground-level viewpoint on whatever conflict is about to emerge. You could always kill him to make a point about the danger of trusting too easily, or the horror of war, or some other larger theme. But I wouldn't throw him away just for the heck of it.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 pm

I'm thinking of making some sort of thing where Josef Mengle is among the Karoliner, since his former unit was the SS Division Wiking and he may have been able to escape with them

The only problem is that I mainly want to kill him or something or stand him for trial (Cause Angel of Death), but I can't because the only war crimes he's done were committed in Auschwitz, and not really anybody knows about the Concentration Camps now
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:55 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I'm thinking of making some sort of thing where Josef Mengle is among the Karoliner, since his former unit was the SS Division Wiking and he may have been able to escape with them

The only problem is that I mainly want to kill him or something or stand him for trial (Cause Angel of Death), but I can't because the only war crimes he's done were committed in Auschwitz, and not really anybody knows about the Concentration Camps now

I mean, Israel does. Hundreds of thousands of survivors of the camps made it there after the Slavic uprising in '45, which I assume liberated most of the Eastern European camps. The idea that the camps are still a secret even after Poland slipped out of German control seems implausible, I think.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Not much, just pointing it out

There may be a time to prove that
(Image)
In the future, but for now, we'll see how it goes

In answer to the question that you deleted: my mother's family is Jewish, which makes me a Jew by Talmudic law, though I personally do not practice. I consider myself Jewish by ethnicity, history, and tradition rather than by religion, and I attend an Episcopal church. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about Jewish history.

As to being offended: I have a thick skin. But speaking as a trained historian, I think it's important in stories like this to be honest about the fact that the myth of the clean Wehrmacht is just that: a myth. Sure, not all German soldiers were Nazis. And yes, some German officers even tried to kill Hitler. But in the end, they did that because they believed that Hitler was hurting Germans, and Germany. When the only people suffering were Jews, Poles, Roma, homosexuals, and other "undesirables," there was no movement in the German military to overthrow the Fuhrer.

More damning still, the Holocaust was not kept secret from the Wehrmacht or its Axis allies. During Operation Barbarossa, einsatzgruppen and sonderkommando units moved up directly behind the main combat force, corralling and massacring civilians as they went. This happened in clear view of ordinary German troops, and yet there was not a single major case in which Wehrmacht personnel refused orders or attempted to intervene. They knew, and let it happen.

This is why, both as a Jew and as a student of history, I believe it's really important to insist on the culpability of everyone who served the Axis powers. That doesn't mean that every German soldier was evil to the core. People cannot be reduced to the worst mistake they've ever made, and redemption is possible for almost everyone. But it does mean that everyone who served the Axis powers was an accomplice - willing or unwilling, witting or unwitting - to the greatest crime in human history. If we obfuscate that fact, even in a work of fiction like this one, then we become nothing but the most recent accomplices to Hitler's crimes - because we are allowing the culpability of those who committed them to be concealed and forgotten.

Good sir, i'd give your post a thumbsup if that was a function in the forum
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:56 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I'm thinking of making some sort of thing where Josef Mengle is among the Karoliner, since his former unit was the SS Division Wiking and he may have been able to escape with them

I mean, Israel does. Hundreds of thousands of survivors of the camps made it there after the Slavic uprising in '45, which I assume liberated most of the Eastern European camps. The idea that the camps are still a secret even after Poland slipped out of German control seems implausible, I think.

Wanna make an inquiry for him or something? We could hand him over in return for good faith
Call me Warg or Antic

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:59 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

Wanna make an inquiry for him or something? We could hand him over in return for good faith

At the very least, it's an interesting idea. Israel's preferred option would simply be to assassinate him, which doesn't require negotiations. But if he were already arrested by the Scandinavian authorities, then Israel might request his extradition, and be willing to make some compromises in return - though given the suspicion toward any former allies of the Nazis, that would be only the first step on a very long road toward normalizing relations.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Wanna make an inquiry for him or something? We could hand him over in return for good faith

At the very least, it's an interesting idea. Israel's preferred option would simply be to assassinate him, which doesn't require negotiations. But if he were already arrested by the Scandinavian authorities, then Israel might request his extradition, and be willing to make some compromises in return - though given the suspicion toward any former allies of the Nazis, that would be only the first step on a very long road toward normalizing relations.

Every large leap starts with a beginning step
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:22 pm

So - keep this in mind.

The next page probably is only going to be a one month jump into the future for two reasons:

The Argentine invasion of Tierra del Fuego

And Serbia's Operation Midwife
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Joohan wrote:So - keep this in mind.

The next page probably is only going to be a one month jump into the future for two reasons:

What is the average flow of time between IC pages? normally, that is
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Conwy-Shire wrote:

What is the average flow of time between IC pages? normally, that is

About six months.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Alright, so I edited my second post to something much more bearable and comprehensible.

It also gives some insight about explicit details in operation midwife.

My third post will be up by tomorrow ( sorry I didn't get it up tonight - but work and all ). It's going to detail final preparations before the operation.

The next page will be only a single month jump. Allowing for the Argentine and Serbian offensives to begin.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:

The camps are, known, but not exactly acknowledged by everyone. There were plenty of people who escaped from the camps in eastern Europe, as well as numerous partisan groups who reported their existence. A lot of skepticism exists about their true nature, however, due to: partisan groups being unreliable and clearly biased sources, as well as a general disbelief that such a thing would have been possible.

The most skeptical nations are, obviously, former Axis states.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:53 pm

Joohan wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

The camps are, known, but not exactly acknowledged by everyone. There were plenty of people who escaped from the camps in eastern Europe, as well as numerous partisan groups who reported their existence. A lot of skepticism exists about their true nature, however, due to: partisan groups being unreliable and clearly biased sources, as well as a general disbelief that such a thing would have been possible.

The most skeptical nations are, obviously, former Axis states.

Well Norway had concentration camps and people who knew about the transference of Jews to the German ones, so the Empire might have a strong suspicion
Call me Warg or Antic

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 am

Interesting. So the "investigation" into Husnu's Murder can move along... :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 am

Added some revolutionary flair to my post. Enjoy.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:37 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Added some revolutionary flair to my post. Enjoy.

What about the meeting with Moshe Dayan?

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Added some revolutionary flair to my post. Enjoy.

What about the meeting with Moshe Dayan?

We'll get to that. No worries. Presumably with all the initial minutia, there wouldn't be a summit till April (page 2).

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am

So how many posts does it take to fill a page? In short, how long till the timeline moves to April, 1955?

Greater Liverpool
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Liverpool » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:17 pm

Will get a post up tomorrow. Also does the Serbia want great relations with Republican Italy or do you still see them as a fascist nation
An orthodox convert who doesn't support Russia

Slava Ukraini

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:26 pm

Greater Liverpool wrote:Will get a post up tomorrow. Also does the Serbia want great relations with Republican Italy or do you still see them as a fascist nation

Don't know. Dusan is open minded, but the cadre is probably not.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Well, because Asia is pretty much empty, so can I create somekind of NPCs ? Not major nations, just smaller states, I will make their apps, for the sake of more interactive RP ?

My ideas for NPC Countries :
- Bharatiya Commune.
- Socialist Republic of Myanmar.
- Kingdom of Singapura.
- Indonesian Caliphate.
- Republic of New Guinea.
- Hashemitte Kingdom.
- Philippine Commonality.
- Republic of Venezuela.
- Tibetian Sovereignity.
- Kingdom of Persia.
- United Emirates.