NATION

PASSWORD

Elementals 3: The White Rose (IC, Sign-ups only)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:This was more that the courtier could bear. The swordsman and the spirit confused him with their words, but here was a woman who had clearly disrespected his liege and referred to her as no more than a mere attendant. “You shut your mouth,” he shouted, pointing a closed fan at her in a way that was intended to be threatening but would only seem comical. “Her Majesty the Shōgun is higher than you will ever be. Her ancestor Öpo-kuni-nö-para-hayashi-no-miköto came down from heaven on a rock and created the Empire of Tsubaki. Her great-great-grandmother was Ayame mikado. How dare you refer to her with such dismissive language! Why you're just a - ”

Fumiko simply gestured for the boy to stop shouting and glared at Katya with sparks flying from her pupils. “Hey bitch,” she hissed. “You don't want to know what happens to people who cross me. I spent much of my life on the run from trained assassins. If you want to try my patience again, I'll happily send you to your next life.” the courtier shuddered at his mistress' rage, she was usually so withdrawn and indifferent. To see her express sheer hatred was startling to say the least.

He cleared his throat. "Let's make a little deal. You both clearly want we to help you. So let's have us a little team up. One big, marginally functional party. I help her, then I help you get your stupid kingdom back..." He very overtly scoped Fumiko out. "Maybe cash in on that fulfilled desire bit, everyone wins."

In an instance, Fumiko's attitude completely changed. “How wonderful!” she said with an overjoyed look on her face, revealing two pointy canine teeth that were the traditional fashion of her home court. “Of course, I understand you cannot set sail with me to reclaim my title immediately, I will certainly be prepared to wait for however long you need.” his last bit made her uncomfortable, but she tried her best to convince herself it was an entirely innocent reference to money.

Alexei scoffed at the boy's outbursts and the fan, and hunched down to talk to him, pointing at him with his enormous halberd.

"Boy, your lady here's grandparents didn't create the earth or come down from skies on a rock or any of that shit. Listen, I know you're still in the part of life where you think they're better than you, but they're just born in better circumstances. I only serve because I'm paid well for this and because m'lord's a man worth serving."

Katya was seething with rage. She had meant to respond to the foreigner, but the arrival of Eric's old friend had cut her off, and she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Eric. Besides, it wouldn't be a good look to skewer the foreigner, no matter how nice it would be.

"Alexei, I'm going to kill this stuck up brat." she muttered under her breath to her companion, in Garmiccian.

"Lass, don't worry about it." he replied, holding her back with an enormous gloved hand. "If she tags along with us, that's another helping hand on our journey, no matter how much you dislike her. Besides, our mission comes first." He stood up to his full height, towering over the crowd that had assembled.

"Well, isn't this splendid! A reunion of old friends, the start of new friendships, and the beginning of a long journey! To the North first, of course! I am Alexei, leader of group of diplomats, and this is my companion, Katya." the giant former sergeant loudly proclaimed over the group, grinning a hearty smile. "Is great pleasure to meet you all. You know what this calls for? Round of drinks, is what!"
Last edited by Lazarian on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 pm

As she ran down the street, Gwen's mind slowly started returning to her, and she began thinking more about what had just happened and, more importantly, what she had just done. No one seemed to be following her, but she knew she had to have drawn attention to herself. The event may have been surprising and even a little frightening, but a normal person still wouldn't run like that. A normal person wouldn't bolt upon seeing an angelle, assuming that's what that was. It was impossible that Gwen wasn't found out, so it was only a matter of time before she was reported. She shouldn't have come to city; she knew she had a bad feeling about it.

Gwen had to disappear and skip town before she got caught, and during the day, the only way to do that was to stick to the alleys and maybe hide until night. She slowed down to a walk and then after a few blocks ducked in between two buildings. The alley was empty, so she turned around, put her back against the wall, and peered out into the street. She watched the people pass by for nearly a minute before deciding it was safe to continue. Gwen spun around and smacked right into someone she could swear wasn't standing there a moment ago.

He was a man of around average height, which meant he was short compared to the almost Amazonian woman, but he was wearing ragged, bloody clothes and far too many of them at that. His skin was pale like a corpse, and his eyes gleamed in the shadow with unnatural colors. He looked a little scrawny and weak, but he also looked deranged and desperate, which would make him unpredictable and fierce. Gwen assumed he was a plagued vagrant of some sort, so she much preferred to leave him as soon as possible, especially it was a maddening disease. Unfortunately, the alley was not wide, and he was blocking her way through.

"Excuse me," she said to him politely but sternly, "I need to pass through."

Gwen kept her hand at the ready, prepared to draw her sword if things went poorly. The confined space would make it difficult to slash, but it was still the most versatile weapon she had for this situation.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:05 am

He would have been fine to simply wander without worry to the matters of the gods. He was on his own quest of sorts to one day redeem himself to the one whom had raised him from a small and pitiable being in the woods. The shadows though, they called to him and as he pressed into them, his voice letting out the smallest of utterances infused with the magic he needed to pass unopposed by the physical world, he suddenly emerged into an alleyway behind a rather tall woman. Flowing hair seemed to reach out like tendrils behind her as the light breeze in the port district beyond flowed through the narrow corridor as well. Her presence wasn't all that surprising to him, but the moment he was to move to press into the next shadow, she turned and collided with him. It was solid contact upon the chest plate of her armor that resulted in the most pain in the brief moment of contact. Her mass and his eventually zeroed out, and then pressed into the negatives for him, physics would not be avoided in this meeting as he rebounded off of her.

Staggering a moment, to regain lost composure and balance as he always had to. The movement he usually enjoyed, through the dark side streets and shaded alleys of the cities he'd visited before, resulted in a moment or two of imbalance as his body struggled to acclimate to the movement of his legs upon solid ground once more. His head looked up, from beneath shaggy locks as a pair of topaz eyes regarded his accidental assailant. There was a brief moment of anger, annoyance, but it was pressed back down within himself as he considered the woman's strong features which were betrayed by a familiar expression. She looked... familiar, somehow her form was that of someone he was sure he'd just seen before. A smile crawled across his face as reached up and pulled back his hood, the cowl about his face falling loosely as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Her stance betrayed her skill, readiness for combat had brought her arm to her sidearm, the sword sitting neatly within its sheath in spite of no doubt the constant use she'd once obtained from it. She must have been a soldier at one point, but such an amazon as her was an oddity on the battlefields he'd known these last few years. The civil war that had raged was in the habit of leaving desecrated and empty battlegrounds, far from civilization and ripe for hunting his quarry. He let an eyebrow slide up the right side of his forehead as he spoke," You ran too. You weren't the only one though."

A wry and raspy laugh filled the back of his throat and slowly devolved into a slight fit of light coughing as he put his hand on the side of the alleyway. His throat had never been quite this damn dry and he needed a drink, but she was here and this was his alleyway. If he was discovered, no doubt he'd be reported, but for her to be wishing to press past him left his mind wondering her own status with the law," If you're running, this alley can't help you. The faces you run from search for me as well, and nothing you seek can aid in your current predicament."
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:15 am

Hanafuridake wrote:Fumiko turned and faced this man, her expression icy and intensive for someone who was a Fire Elemental. “I put my stock in actions and not words, Aerion, whatever your family name might be.” she said, clearly unimpressed. “The military genius Aizawa Musuko met more than enough braggarts with swords to be able to tell that none of them have the metal when actual fighting breaks out, and I have no intention of disregarding her words.”

Aerion glanced back over to the woman, his blood heating up as she accused him of being a braggart. He was a little freaked out at the fact she knew his name but decided that it was likely some cheap parlor trick or something. There was no way she was magic or anything. He sheathed his sword, there was no chance of a fight happening now anyway.

"A braggart? No metal? Pfft. Ask beloved Terestark how many of his sons I put below the mud he spent so long sculpting when the other gods forgot of my mother. Ask beloved Hydrata how many of her daughters I left to pollute her oh so pretty streams and lakes. Ask Pryastar how many I fed to his flames. Or... Just ask my enemies on the Champions Field of how little metal I embody. Though they tend to be quite a silent bunch. Better to ask around the orphanages of the world. You're bound to hear my name again and again,"

Ameriganastan wrote:And here was another little oddball.

"We really gotta stop doing the Holy Terror routine in crowds. It attracts...unusual people."

"Ugh, Froenstia. Frigid cow had no sense of humor."

"Frigid cow? I think I'm rubbing off on your."

Eric chuckled.

"By the way, anyone who announces themselves as a 'Legendary Warrior' probably isn't as though as they say."

He stared him dead in the eye.

"Plus, you don't have warriors eyes. You have the eyes of...A FUNNY LITTLE MAN! Ha! Oh, the 'Eyes of a warrior' bit. I once made a guy piss himself just staring him in the eyes. Good times."

"Oh and I am legendary. Many may claim to be but I am. There's no doubt about that. I may not have the eyes of the killer but I'm far more than that. I'm a poet, an artist a peerless commander! I'm not a simple brute who only knows how to swing around a sword."
Last edited by Woodstovia on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Lazarian wrote:Alexei scoffed at the boy's outbursts and the fan, and hunched down to talk to him, pointing at him with his enormous halberd.

"Boy, your lady here's grandparents didn't create the earth or come down from skies on a rock or any of that shit. Listen, I know you're still in the part of life where you think they're better than you, but they're just born in better circumstances. I only serve because I'm paid well for this and because m'lord's a man worth serving."

The courtier was not known for his overt bravery or foolhardiness, but he was assured of his self-worth from his long aristocratic pedigree and position in the Shōgunal court to allow the honor of the house he served to be tarnished. “My name is Nekoyashiki Tamafuji no kami Reiji,” he said, standing on the tips of his toes and glaring into the eyes of Alexei. If push came to shove, he could ram the pointy part of the fan through the mercenary's eye. “If you dare insult me again, I'll - ”

Yamada, who witnessed the increasingly tense scene, signaled to the other members of the bakufu entourage, who watched in preparation to intervene should someone attempt to attack their liege.

“That is enough, Nekoyashiki-kun.” Fumiko flicked her hand and the courtier dutifully fell silent. “We have no reason to fight them at the moment, I've obtained what I wanted. If they insult me or you again, then you won't be the one who fights them.” at the invitation to beer, she shook her head, an odd gesture with a childish flair for someone so serious. “I have no interest in alcohol, especially not in participation with someone who just now attempted to intimidate a faithful servant of mine.”
Woodstovia wrote:"Better to ask around the orphanages of the world. You're bound to hear my name again and again,"

“Oh yes,” Reiji replied with a clear distaste for the man, who seemed increasingly phony to him. He swung his fan open and started fanning himself as though he was now bored, despite almost starting an armed confrontation between his entourage and Katya's. “They probably want to know who all of the unwanted bastards keep belonging to.”
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Carogne, UGF
November 15 1781

The thing about major cities is that, no matter the level of their economy, the degree of their advancement, or the strictness of their government, there is always an abandoned building or two where the unwanted or those who don't fit in can find a place to call home. Such was true in virtually every metropolis, and it was no less true in the city of Carogne. Though far from large enough to support a vast number of abandoned buildings for squatters, it was small enough (and its constabulary busy enough) that they were more likely to look the other way than they would in larger, safer cities.

One such building was only half-abandoned - the first floor was a bakery, the second floor used to be housing, but the baker's family had moved to the basement after some storm knocked out most of the windows and they boarded it up. They moved to the basement because the windows were so large that replacing them would have been rather expensive. In this building, renting it out temporarily from the bakers, was bunking a certain drider by the name of Catrin Eberhardt. Well, she didn't use the bed to bunk in; it couldn't support her weight so she produced a sort of hammock large enough for herself in the largest bedroom on the top floor. It worked for her.

What didn't work was all that damn noise that had started coming from the square. The ramblings and rantings of that weird anti-Elemental group - Watchtower or something - was of little concern. She wasn't an Elemental, and to be honest the only ones she had met did more harm to her life than good, especially worshippers of that damned sun deity. Wasn't exactly cursed, Catrin was, but she and Pryastar did not get along that well.

Not as badly as that poor bastard cursed to be a Darkness Elemental, though. He was alright, but they separated after a short amount of time together because he was just damned unlucky when it came to hunting anything that wasn't a demon, and that was bad for her.

So was that noise - it had peaked when someone or some thing claiming to be an angelle, or pretending, or whatever, had scared all the Watchtower goons away. But it just kept. Going. On. It wasn't early, nor was it late, but Catrin was damn tired after hunting a boar for the past few days, and she wasn't having any of whatever this was. Good for her, the boards closing up the windows opened from the bottom to let air out. And her own voice, if it continued. She stuck a crowbar she had found to hold up the board in her room to look out. The top floor was always dark, and unless someone looked long enough for their eyes to adjust a little, they probably wouldn't realize she wasn't human.

With an exoskeletal hand, she lifted it up and stared warily down at them, eventually settling on the utter fop of a man in armor with the voice that really annoyed her. He probably wasn't responsible for the angelic voice, but he had no doubt claimed involvement, and it would at least be amusing to watch him be proven wrong.

Hanafuridake wrote:“Oh yes,” Reiji replied with a clear distaste for the man, who seemed increasingly phony to him. He swung his fan open and started fanning himself as though he was now bored, despite almost starting an armed confrontation between his entourage and Katya's. “They probably want to know who all of the unwanted bastards keep belonging to.”

Now that was what she was watching for, and it was enough to get a guffaw out of her at least. She didn't bother covering her mouth. Surely nobody was listening for her in particular.
Last edited by Rupudska on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Lazarian wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:This was more that the courtier could bear. The swordsman and the spirit confused him with their words, but here was a woman who had clearly disrespected his liege and referred to her as no more than a mere attendant. “You shut your mouth,” he shouted, pointing a closed fan at her in a way that was intended to be threatening but would only seem comical. “Her Majesty the Shōgun is higher than you will ever be. Her ancestor Öpo-kuni-nö-para-hayashi-no-miköto came down from heaven on a rock and created the Empire of Tsubaki. Her great-great-grandmother was Ayame mikado. How dare you refer to her with such dismissive language! Why you're just a - ”

Fumiko simply gestured for the boy to stop shouting and glared at Katya with sparks flying from her pupils. “Hey bitch,” she hissed. “You don't want to know what happens to people who cross me. I spent much of my life on the run from trained assassins. If you want to try my patience again, I'll happily send you to your next life.” the courtier shuddered at his mistress' rage, she was usually so withdrawn and indifferent. To see her express sheer hatred was startling to say the least.

He cleared his throat. "Let's make a little deal. You both clearly want we to help you. So let's have us a little team up. One big, marginally functional party. I help her, then I help you get your stupid kingdom back..." He very overtly scoped Fumiko out. "Maybe cash in on that fulfilled desire bit, everyone wins."

In an instance, Fumiko's attitude completely changed. “How wonderful!” she said with an overjoyed look on her face, revealing two pointy canine teeth that were the traditional fashion of her home court. “Of course, I understand you cannot set sail with me to reclaim my title immediately, I will certainly be prepared to wait for however long you need.” his last bit made her uncomfortable, but she tried her best to convince herself it was an entirely innocent reference to money.

Alexei scoffed at the boy's outbursts and the fan, and hunched down to talk to him, pointing at him with his enormous halberd.

Katya was seething with rage. She had meant to respond to the foreigner, but the arrival of Eric's old friend had cut her off, and she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Eric. Besides, it wouldn't be a good look to skewer the foreigner, no matter how nice it would be.

"Alexei, I'm going to kill this stuck up brat." she muttered under her breath to her companion, in Garmiccian.

"Lass, don't worry about it." he replied, holding her back with an enormous gloved hand. "If she tags along with us, that's another helping hand on our journey, no matter how much you dislike her. Besides, our mission comes first." He stood up to his full height, towering over the crowd that had assembled.

"Well, isn't this splendid! A reunion of old friends, the start of new friendships, and the beginning of a long journey! To the North first, of course! I am Alexei, leader of group of diplomats, and this is my companion, Katya." the giant former sergeant loudly proclaimed over the group, grinning a hearty smile. "Is great pleasure to meet you all. You know what this calls for? Round of drinks, is what!"

"...Did he say round of drinks?"

"Oh, crap. Belle, calm down. We don't need a repeat of-"

Belle sprung from his back in wingless form.

"I never turn down a good round of drinks. In fact, I can drink any man, woman or whatever else under the table."

For possibly the first time ever, Eric was the one trying to talk Belle down from doing something hedonistic and possibly lethal.

"She can. She literally beat an entire bar once. I think a couple guys died trying to outdrink her. It's an Angelle thing. Just say no and..."

"Quit your whining. You sound like an old woman. Point me to the nearest tavern."

She shoved past him, looking for the nearest drinking establishment.

"This is my fault. She gets her body back, and the first thing I reintroduce her to was liquor. I've created a monster..."
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:The courtier was not known for his overt bravery or foolhardiness, but he was assured of his self-worth from his long aristocratic pedigree and position in the Shōgunal court to allow the honor of the house he served to be tarnished. “My name is Nekoyashiki Tamafuji no kami Reiji,” he said, standing on the tips of his toes and glaring into the eyes of Alexei. If push came to shove, he could ram the pointy part of the fan through the mercenary's eye. “If you dare insult me again, I'll - ”

Yamada, who witnessed the increasingly tense scene, signaled to the other members of the bakufu entourage, who watched in preparation to intervene should someone attempt to attack their liege.

“That is enough, Nekoyashiki-kun.” Fumiko flicked her hand and the courtier dutifully fell silent. “We have no reason to fight them at the moment, I've obtained what I wanted. If they insult me or you again, then you won't be the one who fights them.” at the invitation to beer, she shook her head, an odd gesture with a childish flair for someone so serious. “I have no interest in alcohol, especially not in participation with someone who just now attempted to intimidate a faithful servant of mine.”

"Hmph." grunted Alexei, looking down at Fumiko. Sighing, he picked up the halberd and shouldered it, leaning on it like a cane. "Your loss, foreigner. If we're going on this journey together, we might as well get along. It'll be quite the trip, and nothing brings good folk together like good times over some mugs of ale. So what if we got off on the wrong foot? It seems like we may be in this together now."

"You're being too kind, old man." muttered Katya under her breath in her native language. Alexei continued, adjusting his gaze from Fumiko to the courtier.

"You're a bold man, Na-kay-ashy-can, and I respect that. But don't get yourself into a fight you can't win, lad." he said, glaring down at him.

Ameriganastan wrote:...Did he say round of drinks?"

"Oh, crap. Belle, calm down. We don't need a repeat of-"

Belle sprung from his back in wingless form.

"I never turn down a good round of drinks. In fact, I can drink any man, woman or whatever else under the table."

For possibly the first time ever, Eric was the one trying to talk Belle down from doing something hedonistic and possibly lethal.

"She can. She literally beat an entire bar once. I think a couple guys died trying to outdrink her. It's an Angelle thing. Just say no and..."

"Quit your whining. You sound like an old woman. Point me to the nearest tavern."

She shoved past him, looking for the nearest drinking establishment.

"This is my fault. She gets her body back, and the first thing I reintroduce her to was liquor. I've created a monster..."

"YES!" shouted Alexei, pumping his meaty fists. "VERY GOOD. Let us go at once." he continued on, pointing towards a small tavern in the distance. "It would be pleasure to celebrate with all before departing on this journey. Let us do so at once! I accept any challenge you present, godling!"

Katya rolled her eyes. Of course within five minutes of meeting a divine being, he was off to drinking with it. Well, that was the way these soldiers were. Not exactly a surprise to her at this point. She turned to the two friends of Eric. One was a young, pale man, with flowing white hair. Interesting. He was clearly a man of wealth, judging by his clothing, and so was his wife. His wife was quite the looker, with purple eyes (an unusual sight - she'd never seen that before. Garmiccians tended to have exclusively blue, grey, or brown.), a stylish purple coat, well tanned arms and legs, and one hell of a chest. Quite impressive.

"So, you're friends of Sir Eric? I'm Katya of House Kuznetsov, and it is great pleasure to meet you." she said, extending her hand for a handshake. "I presume you happen to be spellborn as well?"
Last edited by Lazarian on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Gwen raised an eyebrow at the weird, creepy man. The madness had definitely taken him, and he now actively stood in her way. From what she could gather, he seemed to be admitting that he was a criminal on the run from the law. That was to be expected of a vagrant, but it still made her worried. Perhaps he was desperate and mad enough to attempt to rob her. She doubted he was much of a threat, but a fight would draw spectators and unwanted attention. She was already likely being followed, and she could afford the delay in her exit. She needed to figure out a way to settle this without making too much noise.

"I have no money or valuables, mister," she addressed him, "So you will get nothing from me. I am also well trained in martial combat, and this will likely not end well for you. I suggest you find someone else to rob, or wait until dark and burgle a store. Now, will you let me pass, so that I may be on my way?"

Gwen hoped that her words would be enough to dissuade this gutter rat, but she kept herself ready just in case. There was no telling what actions the truly desperate were willing to make.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:00 pm

There was a moment of tense contemplation as he appraised the aggressiveness of the stance of the swordswoman before him. She was a trained fighter, and taking into stock how he looked, he was no doubt just some obstacle in her way right now. She was intriguing to him, adamantly wanting past him and most likely to hide. He took a deep breath and slowly held up both of his hands in a non-threatening gesture, the fingers and palms were covered in scars and as he made the slow movement, he spoke," I think you misunderstand or mistake me for someone to be ignored. I'm not trying to rob you as nothing you have could be of any use to me. I'm a hunter of sorts and from the looks of you, you once hunted much the same kind of prey. The look in your eyes, the desire to run away from divine judgement as you might have perceived it, it interests me. I'll offer you this, a refuge from the prying eyes of the city, but if you take it you must not utter a word of how we got there."

He looked over his shoulder, into the dark depths of the generally empty alleyway beyond. His mind had once seen this city before, he'd known one whom had settled here after a time. It was many months since his last visit, but the city had apparently retained much of its previous shape and design and he knew that this alley led eventually back towards the square. His eyes fixed themselves on the woman's face," so, do you take me for a leper, a fool, a bandit? If so I have every reason to fear someone like you and wouldn't dare try to deceive you here, but perhaps I'm something else and you simply have yet to understand that yet. Tell me, was I a pile of rags in the corner of this alleyway when you entered it? Perhaps a fluttering curtain from an overhanging window? Look past me into the emptiness behind me and tell me you, a trained warrior and someone obviously moving with intent to hide, missed seeing me as you entered this place?"
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 am

Olthar wrote:---
Constaniana wrote:---
Ameriganastan wrote:---
Hanafuridake wrote:---
Lazarian wrote:---
Ameriganastan wrote:---

As he tried to listen to the commotion nearby, trying to discreetly keep an eye on the grey-robed cultists that were currently fleeing from the city square, Tristan suddenly noticed a woman headed straight towards him with remarkable speed, too late to move out of the way despite his Elemental reflexes. He lost his balance and was promptly knocked onto his butt, though he quickly stood back up, dusting himself off with a scowl on his face. "Hmph. I guess there's one thing that hasn't changed, Lis: some Gallians can be horribly rude." He grumbled, displeased with getting dirt on the nice clothes he'd bought for this journey so soon. But after a moment, he found it a little odd that he'd received no response. "Uh, Lis?" He asked, to no avail. Looking around, he noticed her already on the rude woman's trail, no doubt ready to make a commotion.

About to call out to his wife, he instead sighed in relief as he saw her make her way back to him, giving up her pursuit of the rude woman. She turned her attention to the commotion nearby, and he looked in the same direction, vaguely recognizing the old man, though most of his attention was directed towards the winged woman, a first for him; he had seen Daemonnes and all manner of demons in the past, but never Angelles. Lisoette's whispering, however, confirmed that the old man was an acquaintance of theirs - in fact, he was one of the group they had journeyed with three years ago!

"I don't know, but I'm not that surprised. A sword talking to others is weird enough." Tristan replied to the comment on Belle Lame, keeping his voice low as well. He then listened to her speak about someone with Darkness magic nearby. The young man raised an eyebrow, but then remembered her ability to sense any magic present nearby; he had become capable of using it as well, but he didn't do so often, seeing little reason to. Still, if their journey through Gallia were going to be as hectic as they were in the past - and he had reason to believe so, what with Eric and the Angelle's presence nearby - then he figured it would be good to start paying more attention.

The Ice Elemental continued listening, nodding along as his wife mentioned another of their acquaintances from three years ago, and then smirked at her comment regarding the other Ice Elemental present in the square. "I don't know, do you think I should try it later?" He chuckled.

Suddenly, Lisoette resolutely advanced towards Eric, and Tristan trailed behind, dragging his trunk along. His wife quickly greeted the old man and informed him that the two of them were now married, and he simply grinned and nodded, slipping an arm around Lisoette's waist. He was then promptly surprised by the soldier's affectionate outburst, being lifted right off the ground by his overjoyed bear hug. He was put down just as quickly, and after processing it all, he couldn't help bursting into laughter afterwards.

"I, uh, it's great to see you too Eric." He said as he calmed down, still with a wide smile on his face. "Can't believe I'd come across you as soon as I stepped into Gallia."

The conversation soon moved away from them, and Tristan took this opportunity to take a closer look at the people gathered nearby. The ones that caught his attention the most were the foreigners with exotic clothes, who, judging by their behavior, all seemed to serve one girl with long black hair - he caught her glancing at him, but she quickly averted her gaze. Must be the white hair. He thought. Girls love white hair.

Next up were the short tunic-clad girl and her giant companion. They were clearly foreigners as well, albeit less obviously so, as their clothes weren't all that exotic; it was mainly their accents that betrayed them, though he didn't recognize it from his time in Yuelkelu, so it was likely not Halvefori, Gallish or Sahranjjite. Last was the other Ice Elemental, whose most remarkable quality was his sheer arrogance.

Not the worst party. Sad to see there's no puddles or rock monsters though.

Shortly after finishing his survey of the party's current members - once again forgetting to extend his magical senses to see what kind of elementals they were, if any - he turned his attention to Belle Lame and the giant man as they quickly began talking about getting drunk off their asses. Slightly surprised at the fact that it was the Angelle instead of Eric who was engaging in such behavior, he rolled his eyes nonetheless, before turning his attention to the giant man's shorter companion. The girl politely introduced herself as Katya Kuznetsov, a noble, while asking if they were friends of Eric.

"That's right, we're good friends. We met some three years ago and journeyed together for a few months before parting ways. I'm Tristan Frost and this is my wife, Lisoette. A pleasure to meet you as well, Katya!" The young man spoke in a friendly manner, clearly addressing as he would any other person, be they peasantry or nobility. He then noted the strange word she had used. "Spellborn? Are you asking if we're Elementals? If that's the case, yes, we are. I'm an Ice Elemental, and Lis here wields Lightning." He answered. Being a Daemonness, Lisoette was actually capable of wielding Darkness, but even if these people seemed nice, he thought it prudent to hold that information for the time being.

Tristan glanced at Belle Lame and Alexei, already headed towards the nearest tavern, and looked back at Katya, nodding in their direction. "We should probably follow those two." He said, before beginning to head in the same direction, dragging his luggage along on a thin layer of ice. "So, where are you from, Katya? I can't quite place your accent, but I noticed you're not Gallian." He asked to make some small talk and get to know his new acquaintance better.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Next up were the short tunic-clad girl and her giant companion. They were clearly foreigners as well, albeit less obviously so, as their clothes weren't all that exotic; it was mainly their accents that betrayed them, though he didn't recognize it from his time in Yuelkelu, so it was likely not Halvefori, Gallish or Sahranjjite. Last was the other Ice Elemental, whose most remarkable quality was his sheer arrogance.

Not the worst party. Sad to see there's no puddles or rock monsters though.

Shortly after finishing his survey of the party's current members - once again forgetting to extend his magical senses to see what kind of elementals they were, if any - he turned his attention to Belle Lame and the giant man as they quickly began talking about getting drunk off their asses. Slightly surprised at the fact that it was the Angelle instead of Eric who was engaging in such behavior, he rolled his eyes nonetheless, before turning his attention to the giant man's shorter companion. The girl politely introduced herself as Katya Kuznetsov, a noble, while asking if they were friends of Eric.

"That's right, we're good friends. We met some three years ago and journeyed together for a few months before parting ways. I'm Tristan Frost and this is my wife, Lisoette. A pleasure to meet you as well, Katya!" The young man spoke in a friendly manner, clearly addressing as he would any other person, be they peasantry or nobility. He then noted the strange word she had used. "Spellborn? Are you asking if we're Elementals? If that's the case, yes, we are. I'm an Ice Elemental, and Lis here wields Lightning." He answered. Being a Daemonness, Lisoette was actually capable of wielding Darkness, but even if these people seemed nice, he thought it prudent to hold that information for the time being.

Tristan glanced at Belle Lame and Alexei, already headed towards the nearest tavern, and looked back at Katya, nodding in their direction. "We should probably follow those two." He said, before beginning to head in the same direction, dragging his luggage along on a thin layer of ice. "So, where are you from, Katya? I can't quite place your accent, but I noticed you're not Gallian." He asked to make some small talk and get to know his new acquaintance better.

"Ah, yes. Elemental. That is the word for it here? Interesting." she said, starting to head towards the tavern as well. "Well, Tristan of House Frost, I am from Garmiccia. I'm sure you've heard of it. Largest country on the Elcrescian continent, greatest army in modern history, terrible vacation destination?" she joked, cracking a smile. "Anyways, in my home country, Garmiccia, Spellborn is the proper word, yes. Anyways, my men and I are here on diplomatic mission to the Commonwealth, and we were hoping to have Sir Lumen guide us. Tragically, it seems that we aren't the only ones who wish to enlist his help. Quite unfortunate."

She paused for a moment, looking down at the trail of ice he dragged his luggage upon.

"How interesting. You are rather nice for a servant of one of the Dark Ones, Tristan." she said, quite surprised. "The Cold One is a cruel mistress. Are you entrapped in a devil's bargain for those powers, or was it just a happenstance of the blood?"

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:08 am

"Ah the old fashioned "You have copious amounts of sex with different women insult. I always found it didn't hurt very much." he snickered before snapping his head around and glaring at another onlooker who had laughed at him and then back to the original woman. "But if you doubt my peerless ability in combat how about some kind of wager? I'm always up for robbing young women." he laughed. "If you win you could get this pretty necklace!" he cooed, indicating to the snowflake necklace he was wearing "It's not like I'm too thrilled to represent that bitch."
Last edited by Woodstovia on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 pm

This funny little man was doing little to convince Gwen of his sanity, but amidst the madness of his jumbled speech, she picked up on a few things. Was he implying that he had magic? That he was an Elemental like her? If so, he was, perhaps, significantly more dangerous than he appeared. But what intrigued her most was that he seemed to be saying that he could turn invisible or maybe teleport. Now, Gwen was no expert on Elemental lore, but as far as she new, those were both impossible. Was this something else, then? A type of sorcery not related to Elemental heritage?

Her father would caution her away from this, and perhaps he was right. This wasn't a good time to take risks. On the other hand, if this man could, indeed, use either of those abilities, then it might serve her to befriend him. Or at least, make him think that. He was still creepy and clearly insane, so it would be unwise to trust him too much. Still, she had to make an effort. Easing her stance and placing her hand on her hip, Gwen responded to the man.

"Well, what do you have in mind?"

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Tristan nodded as the blue-haired girl began speaking of Garmiccia. He had heard of it during his stay in Gallia, albeit it was comparatively little; rumors about Garmiccian pirates attacking Eresilnnian and Erilhallian vessels, for the most part, though it was plain to see that she and her entourage were quite different from the sort that engaged in such behavior.

Well, she is, at least. He corrected himself, sneaking a glance at the giant that walked next to the Angelle. Not that it terribly mattered, as he had since learned more about the Garmiccians, proud and tenacious people who took pride in their martial might.

Katya then explained that they were on a diplomatic mission to the Commonwealth, under Eric's guidance. While diplomacy struck him as a noble enough cause to aid, something about what she said didn't quite seem right to him, and he had a thoughtful look on his face as a brief pause elapsed with neither of the two speaking up. The young noblewoman changed the topic afterwards, calling him a servant of 'the Dark One' and 'the Cold One', and asking about the origin of his powers. Tristan raised an eyebrow at this, spending a few moments trying to make sense of her words before realizing what she meant.

"Oh, the Cold One, you mean Froenstria, don't you?" He said with a chuckle. "No, no devils or bargains were involved in it. I suppose it is just a, what did you call it? A happenstance of the blood. I don't know a lot about my family, but I was born with these powers - That means you can stop saying 'of House Frost', by the way. I'm not from some House, I didn't even have a family name before coming to Gallia for the first time. They weren't really a thing where I was born." He explained, an amused smile still on his face. "Anyway, I wouldn't call Froenstia a cruel mistress, she has come to my aid in the past, and I'm deeply grateful for it."

With that clarification made, he figured it was his turn to change the conversation, if only temporarily. "By the way, you said you were going to the Commonwealth? Why are you going to the North then, and why do you need Eric to guide you? The way to the Sovereign Commonwealth is through the sea, I'm sure you could find a ship that departs today if you hurry to the docks." He stated. Neither he nor Lisoette had heard of the Wide Northern War during the time they spent off Gallia, not even when the Duke and his wife themselves had attended their wedding. Thus, he thought that the girl was referring precisely to the nation where she and Lisoette had lived in the past three years: the Sovereign Commonwealth of Yuelkelu.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Woodstovia wrote:"Ah the old fashioned "You have copious amounts of sex with different women insult. I always found it didn't hurt very much." he snickered before snapping his head around and glaring at another onlooker who had laughed at him and then back to the original woman. "But if you doubt my peerless ability in combat how about some kind of wager? I'm always up for robbing young women." he laughed. "If you win you could get this pretty necklace!" he cooed, indicating to the snowflake necklace he was wearing "It's not like I'm too thrilled to represent that bitch."

Fumi shook her head. “I'm not interested in making wagers,” she replied in a bored and disinterested tone, this conversation becoming increasingly dull for her. “Gambling is the habit of the lower classes who are prone to crime and discord. I am a child of imperial blood, it's not appropriate for me to imitate the ways of lepers and butchers.” at the offer of the necklace, she scoffed. “You insult me by insinuating that I would be interested in a talisman belonging to one of your barbarian gods.” she turned around and raised her hands to the sky. “My divinity is and always will be the life-giving sun who graces heaven and earth with her solar rays and causes the crops to grow. It's because of her benediction that I have my station, and not because of these foreign deities.” despite the dire straits that she had fallen into, Fumi maintained a fervent belief in the solar worship of her ancestors. She had heard of these foreign religions, with Pryastar, Frostoensia, Nyod, and other deities who's names sounded so different from her own. They could never compete with the god that she could see in front of her eyes, who she believed was the source of her element.
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Lazarian wrote:"YES!" shouted Alexei, pumping his meaty fists. "VERY GOOD. Let us go at once." he continued on, pointing towards a small tavern in the distance. "It would be pleasure to celebrate with all before departing on this journey. Let us do so at once! I accept any challenge you present, godling!"

"Again, a guy literally died trying to keep up with her."

She rolled her eyes.

"You sure got concerned about that ever since I out-drank you, Grandpa. Almost like you're insecure..."

"Grandpa? You're almost 1000 years old you hag. If anything, I'm a spring chicken next to you."

She ignored him and kicked the door to the tavern open. The patrons casting odd looks at the young looking lady, old man and giant soldier man. She looked around and grabbed a flagon from the nearest patron, chugging it like a fratboy. She slammed the flagon back down on the table when she was done.

"Which one of you sons a bitches thinks they can beat me in a game of drink? I'll take you all on."
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Letting his smile drop from his face as he did level best to straighten himself up, he held out a single hand. The wraps around it were filthy, but he cared almost not, there'd be time to clean himself up after his long venture across the countryside to reach this place. For now though, he was going to have to visit a friend of his here in the city and he'd be bringing guests. He felt almost bad having to intrude on her during such a time as this, and for the woman before him he'd be taking there. Placing his other hand on the wall, a slight flicker of blue-black flames licked out from the shadows and upon his flesh, the wraps slowly coming undone as his left arm glowed a soft hue of violet fire light in the dimness of the alleyway. Along his arm, from beneath his wraps were the scars and marks of teeth that had shredded his arms in fights long since past. His eyes now glowed a flickering purple hue as he regarded the woman. If she knew what he was, the element he now manipulated in her presence, her response would be to try and kill him here and now. He silently gambled that her ignorance of an element such as his would be left unknown as the last traces of the spell's chant seized upon the tip of his tongue.

Breathing in, he let the last amount of Dark Element in his arm flow freely along the length of the softly flapping fabric, winding it's way down the limb as the smoky-black magic seemed to infuse itself with the wall," Take my hand, I have a friend who lives nearby and she can help you. I was just on my way to see her now, she will most likely empathize, though I can't say you'll feel the same way."

bloody hell, mate.

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Lisoette looked at Katya with confusion as she referred to Tristan as the servant of a dark god. In all her travels through Erillia, Aurennia, and Yuelkelu the only people she had heard refer to Tristan as using evil powers were the stupid Watchtower agents. The Garmiccian was a Wind Elemental; shouldn't she know better? And the same was true with the other Ice Elemental, who so gleefully bragged about killing other Elementals. That Aerion chap unsettled Lisoette. His manner reminded her more of a Daemonne than an Elemental. Lis half-expected the blonde man to start cackling about his latest plot to massacre a village and eat their flesh, or make his prisoners clean the Toilets of Darkness. At least it made her appreciate Tristan's goodness more. As Mr. Frost discussed geography with Lady Kuznetsov Mrs. Frost turned her attention to the bickering Fire and Ice Elementals. Time to put her expertise from running a dojo to good use.

"Now now you two, behave yourselves! You're embarrassing yourselves. Robbing young women is bad! Killing Elementals, who there's not enough of in the world, is bad! And thinking the sun is a girl is just silly. Pryastar's a boy. Now say sorry to one another," said Lisoette with a stern, motherly look.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
"Oh, the Cold One, you mean Froenstria, don't you?" He said with a chuckle. "No, no devils or bargains were involved in it. I suppose it is just a, what did you call it? A happenstance of the blood. I don't know a lot about my family, but I was born with these powers - That means you can stop saying 'of House Frost', by the way. I'm not from some House, I didn't even have a family name before coming to Gallia for the first time. They weren't really a thing where I was born." He explained, an amused smile still on his face. "Anyway, I wouldn't call Froenstia a cruel mistress, she has come to my aid in the past, and I'm deeply grateful for it."

With that clarification made, he figured it was his turn to change the conversation, if only temporarily. "By the way, you said you were going to the Commonwealth? Why are you going to the North then, and why do you need Eric to guide you? The way to the Sovereign Commonwealth is through the sea, I'm sure you could find a ship that departs today if you hurry to the docks." He stated. Neither he nor Lisoette had heard of the Wide Northern War during the time they spent off Gallia, not even when the Duke and his wife themselves had attended their wedding. Thus, he thought that the girl was referring precisely to the nation where she and Lisoette had lived in the past three years: the Sovereign Commonwealth of Yuelkelu.

"SHHHHHHHHH." Katya whispered intensely, putting a finger over her lips. "It's a bad omen to say the true names of the gods, especially her. Speaking their true names can get their attention. Your nets will gather no fish and your cows will deliver no milk. Perhaps she is kinder in this realm, but in Garmiccia, we fear her, and for good reason. Ice freezes ships into harbors, kills the old, blocks the roads, and destroys the harvests. No kind god could be master of that element, but...well, the gods are complicated. Perhaps my people deserve it."

She paused, and caught her breath.

"Wait, how do Gallians introduce themselves? Your last name is your clan name. For example, Sir Eric would be Eric of House Lumen, Alexei would be Alexei of House Piotr, and so on. But enough about that, Tristan. Of course we can't just board a ship to the Commonwealth. As far as I'm aware, the United Gallican Federation's relations with them have been so poor that finding a ship there is impossible, and as for their relations with Garmiccia? They hate us for our involvement in the war. It'll be a miracle if I can even get across the border without hiding our identity."

Tristan stared back, confused. Katya continued, with a hesistant seriousness in her voice.

"You know, Tristan...the Commonwealth in the North. You know, the separate state from Gallia? After the war?"

Ameriganastan wrote:She ignored him and kicked the door to the tavern open. The patrons casting odd looks at the young looking lady, old man and giant soldier man. She looked around and grabbed a flagon from the nearest patron, chugging it like a fratboy. She slammed the flagon back down on the table when she was done.

"Which one of you sons a bitches thinks they can beat me in a game of drink? I'll take you all on."

Alexei burst into the tavern, immediately following her, slamming the thick oak doors against the walls in his wake. He crouched to fit into the bar. Tragic. They built these much larger in his homelands.

"Ha! Many legends have spoke of Garmiccian men proving their valor through drinking and fighting! I one day will be one of those legends!" he said, with his signature enormous grin. "Barkeep!" he shouted, pointing directly at the bartender, a heavy-set man standing behind the bar. "I want two mugs of your strongest ale! One for me and one for the lady!"
Last edited by Lazarian on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Constaniana wrote:"Now now you two, behave yourselves! You're embarrassing yourselves. Robbing young women is bad! Killing Elementals, who there's not enough of in the world, is bad! And thinking the sun is a girl is just silly. Pryastar's a boy. Now say sorry to one another," said Lisoette with a stern, motherly look.

Upon hearing that Pryastar, and hence the sun, was male, both Fumiko and her courtier started laughing uncontrollably. “Oh d - d - dear - HAHAHAHA,” Nekoyashiki tried speaking through his laughter only to fail. When he regained his breath, he continued. “Dear friend, I wasn't aware that you were a jester of the first rank. The sun a man? She is the highest being in the universe, a male could never be so important.” he covered his mouth with his opened fan to keep from expressing his emotions so openly again.

“What my servant said is correct, dear jester.” Fumiko added, glancing at Tristan again. “Men are the social and biological inferiors to us women, their role is to serve and worship, not to rule or be worshiped. I would hope that you keep your husband under more control than that. If you don't, he'll be sure to sleep around. Don't let him start thinking that men can be deities, else he'll start getting other ideas in his head as well.”
Theravada Buddhist

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 am

Aerion listened to the conversation around him and he sighed. They were right. He'd gotten angry and when he got angry he got stupid. There was no reason to brag of his killings. What did it prove? It'd only make people even more suspicious of him. He needed to be smarter about things. He told himself, he wasn't just a stupid blacksmith's son he was the son of a god for crying out loud! He approached the woman and held out a hand. "I apologize for threatening you, the grey cloaks got me angry and I forgot my manners." he lied. "I have no intention of hurting you... Your thoughts about the sun and gender is quite... peculiar though. Where are you from? I've traveled a lot but never came across those beliefs."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:39 pm

"You know, the separate state from Gallia? After the war?" The young noblewoman spoke. Unfortunately, that did very little to clear up Tristan's confusion, and he simply held his puzzled expression for several moments before finally responding to the question with a shrug. He and Lis had heard nothing of it, but if it was nearly as important as the girl seemed to think, then it would undoubtedly be helpful to know more.

He said nothing more for the time being, instead following Alexei, Eric and Belle Lame into the tavern, shaking his head as he saw the behavior of both the Garmiccian veteran and the Angelle. "Do they always act like that?" He asked no one in particular as he looked around for a good spot to sit down. Noticing an empty table right by the entrance, he walked over and plopped down on one of the chairs, letting go of his luggage and leaving it frozen in place, literally.

Glancing at Katya, he motioned for the Garmiccian to come over, wishing to continue their conversation. "So if I'm understanding what you said correctly, there was a war and the North separated from Gallia?" He asked, finding it very strange that this was the first he heard of it. Then again, that's partly my fault too. It's not like international news have been the greatest of my concerns as of late.

"And you say Garmiccia was involved in the war too? Well, that sounds like an issue, but if your business over there is important, I'm sure you'll find a way to make it there." He tried to reassure the girl. "If nothing else, we might be able to do something about it. The old man, Lis and I had a little bit of rapport there three years ago."

Three years were a long time, so it wasn't much hope to hold onto. But it was something, or so he hoped.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:53 am

"Come on, how soft have you mortals gotten in 900 years?"

Belle's fifth victim collapsed off his chair.

"You lot wouldn't last a minute in Pryastar's domain. Now there was a God who could throw an after battle celebration. I remember this one time he spiked the waters of Hydrata's realm. They all had hangovers for a week."

Eric meanwhile sat at the bar, looking rather annoyed.

"Telling stories and getting wasted with strangers. She's stealing my whole bit. She's cheating if you ask me. All that Angelle immunity to-"

Before he could finish, a thud echoed across the bar. Belle was flat on her back.

"...Okay, this is new. I think I'm...drunk. But I can't get drunk. I'm...ERIC! ERIC!"

She stumbled to her feet, half-walking half-tripping her way over to him.

"Eric...wow, you look handsome with beer goggles on...what was...HOME! We have to get me home."

He pushed her back just a little bit. The smell of booze on her was strong enough to knock Kayarost out.

"Firstly, I don't believe in your home. Secondly, how in the Hell would I do that? And thirdly, why the sudden rush?"

"POWERS! THEM! LOSING! AM! I mean...powers...POWERS! I'm losing my powers!"

She slapped her hand down on the bar.

"You're not losing your powers, you drunk harpy. You're just...bleeding...are you bleeding?"

She hit a loose nail with her finger. A finger which was bleeding.

"...Oh, Hell. I think you're turning mortal."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am

Hanafuridake wrote:Upon hearing that Pryastar, and hence the sun, was male, both Fumiko and her courtier started laughing uncontrollably. “Oh d - d - dear - HAHAHAHA,” Nekoyashiki tried speaking through his laughter only to fail. When he regained his breath, he continued. “Dear friend, I wasn't aware that you were a jester of the first rank. The sun a man? She is the highest being in the universe, a male could never be so important.” he covered his mouth with his opened fan to keep from expressing his emotions so openly again.

“What my servant said is correct, dear jester.” Fumiko added, glancing at Tristan again. “Men are the social and biological inferiors to us women, their role is to serve and worship, not to rule or be worshiped. I would hope that you keep your husband under more control than that. If you don't, he'll be sure to sleep around. Don't let him start thinking that men can be deities, else he'll start getting other ideas in his head as well.”

"I'm not your jester, you pompous twits!" Lisoette snapped. She no longer felt like trying to keep the peace with these foreigners. Them having false religious beliefs was amusing; it was delicious irony that the Daemonness from Hell had a more correct understanding of theology than an Elemental from Gaiaca. But Lis would not put up with these strangers insulting her husband, first by saying how inferior all men were, and then by implying that her beloved would commit adultery, that he was some mindless brute who only thought with his loins, "Maybe the men back in Soupbacky or wherever you come from are stupid dogs, which I'm inclined to believe more looking at your snivelling pet eunuch armed with his oh-so-scary-fan, but here in Galllia they're a thousand times finer!"

With that said Lisoette turned away and followed the group to the tavern. Before she left the square the blonde picked up a Watchtower leaflet that had been dropped on the ground. Most of it was their usual spiel, with some added variety of promising exciting opportunities for new recruits. But curiously enough, there was an address written on it where prospective members were encouraged to come apply, and it mentioned offices. Offices? Watchtower is operating in the open here? Lisoette wondered, frowning as she read it. The new group could discuss this when they were all situated in the tavern, assuming they were still alive and sober by the time she got there. Mrs. Frost started walking quicker, caught up with Mr. Frost, and slid into a chair next to him. She was also surprised by the news of a war at first, but she remembered how riled up everyone in Auregen had been against both Watchtower and the Federation when they came to that city.

"Of course Katya, I'm sure we can get in there some way. We helped get the Aurenheim's son Kroisoto back to Auregen, and the Duke and Duchess came to our wedding, so they still remember and like us!" she added after Tristan spoke. Lisoette would have moved on to more questions about the war she had missed, but Belle collapsing to the floor took her by surprise. The Daemonness approached the Angelle cautiously. She had never heard of one of their kind losing their powers. She had also never heard of one getting stuck in a sword for centuries though, so perhaps this was related to that strange curse?, "Come on Belle Lame, let's get you seated over here."
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse