NATION

PASSWORD

Elementals 3: The White Rose (IC, Sign-ups only)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Lazarian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Lazarian » Wed May 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"It's technically not a lie, but I don't know how wise it would be to openly admit we consorted with pirates. Maybe instead of that, we could try to convince them that we sailed with these flags in order to avoid confrontation with other pirates? Though I'm not sure which story is easier to believe. In any case, I'm with you. This certainly beats ignoring their signals and waiting for them to get fed up with us." He nodded.

He then jabbed a thumb towards Eric and his thick aura of alcoholic stench. "I'm not sure they'll buy the story about us being diplomats if you take him along, though."

Katya curled a few strands of hair in her fingers, lost in thought. Tristan certainly had a point about the whole "consorting with pirates" deal. Perhaps it would be advisable to avoid that. On a slightly more positive note, it was good that the others were with her on skipping the signaling process and taking the action to them. And he was right about Eric - bringing him certainly would be inadvisable in his current position. However, she still wanted him along, despite his drunkenness. And while they were friends (to some degree), it wasn't because of that - it was because of Belle. Having an Angelle of the gods themselves with them was a useful failsafe - her wings could likely carry them to safety in a worst case scenario.
Serconas wrote:"Ke'Am will come with you if you want him to. He has still some problems with being on the sea, though. Telling them that we made a trade with criminals will not help us", he agreed with Tristan. "Maybe the pirates held us hostage after sinking our ship, but we were able to err... defy them?" he offered in return.

Katya nodded in response to Ke'Am. Despite his primitive weaponry and odd ways, he certainly wasn't dull.

"I prefer this story, Tristan. The Basilisk Pirates are quite vell known, even among my homelands. I'm afraid that the Devil's Luck may be recognizable, and if South Gallians catch us in a lie...vell, I'm not about to find out vhat they'll do. I think it's reasonable to say that our ship was damaged in battle with pirates, and we boarded this vessel after victory. Unless there are any objections?" she replied, leaving the suggestion open-ended in case one of them came up with a better idea.

She turned to Eric, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Eric, this may be quite a request, but could I borrow your holy sword for a few moments? You heard Tristan - unless you have some sort of cure for drunkenness in that satchel of yours, it'd be best if you...stayed and guarded the ship from sneak attacks. Because if this goes wrong, we're all a feast for fish."

Inwardly, she cringed a little bit. There was no way he was letting go of Belle. The two, despite their seeming hatred of each other, were surprisingly inseparable. But having a contingency plan was important, and it probably didn't hurt too much to ask.

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43864
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Lazarian wrote:
She turned to Eric, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Eric, this may be quite a request, but could I borrow your holy sword for a few moments? You heard Tristan - unless you have some sort of cure for drunkenness in that satchel of yours, it'd be best if you...stayed and guarded the ship from sneak attacks. Because if this goes wrong, we're all a feast for fish."

Inwardly, she cringed a little bit. There was no way he was letting go of Belle. The two, despite their seeming hatred of each other, were surprisingly inseparable. But having a contingency plan was important, and it probably didn't hurt too much to ask.

"Not on your life, runt. No one wields this nagging piece of scrap metal but me. Besides, I'm perfectly capable of diplomacy while trashed. There was this one time-"

"Eric, those two tribes wound up wiping each other out the next day cause your 'negotiating skills' made them even angrier. And you only escaped being flayed alive by them cause you fell into that cave hole while running from them."

"...Oh yeah...I guess I am in sorry shape right now for speechifying. Haven't been on a bender this long since...well, ever...eh, fine. You can borrow her."

He drew Belle from his back.

"Borrow. The second you're back on this here ship, I expect her back. You all spit elements out of your hands, I have the magic talking sword. Let's not disrupt the status-quo too much here."

He placed Belle in her hand, looking rather like a nervous dad dropping his daughter off at the prom.

"Quit fretting you big baby. You act like you're my first wielder. I was being passed around before your great-great-great-great-great grandparents were born. Though it has been a while since I was held by a woman. Had to have been 700 years ago. Her name escapes me. She was a slave in some long forgotten kingdom. Found me buried in the dirt while working the fields one day..."

"Wait a minute...that sounds like the story of Keiises the Rebel. The story says she found a mystic artifact that inspired her to lead a revolt against those enslaving them..."

"Yes, Keiises! Such a brave young lady. Skinny as a rail but with more chutzpah than most knights. Was a sad day when she was struck down. Wish they hadn't buried me with her though. I was down there for 6 months before some brigand raided her grave and stole me."

Eric, for some reason, looked furious.

"I share my awesome stories with you for almost 20 years, and you never share with me that you were the sword of Keiises?"

"Jealous?"

He huffed and stormed off below deck.

"He's jealous."
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Lazarian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Lazarian » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Borrow. The second you're back on this here ship, I expect her back. You all spit elements out of your hands, I have the magic talking sword. Let's not disrupt the status-quo too much here."

"Of course!" Katya interjected enthusiastically, quite excited. "Borrow. I agree. I probably couldn't keep her even if I vanted to, anyways."
Ameriganastan wrote:He placed Belle in her hand, looking rather like a nervous dad dropping his daughter off at the prom.

"Quit fretting you big baby. You act like you're my first wielder. I was being passed around before your great-great-great-great-great grandparents were born. Though it has been a while since I was held by a woman. Had to have been 700 years ago. Her name escapes me. She was a slave in some long forgotten kingdom. Found me buried in the dirt while working the fields one day..."

"Wait a minute...that sounds like the story of Keiises the Rebel. The story says she found a mystic artifact that inspired her to lead a revolt against those enslaving them..."

"Yes, Keiises! Such a brave young lady. Skinny as a rail but with more chutzpah than most knights. Was a sad day when she was struck down. Wish they hadn't buried me with her though. I was down there for 6 months before some brigand raided her grave and stole me."

Eric, for some reason, looked furious.

"I share my awesome stories with you for almost 20 years, and you never share with me that you were the sword of Keiises?"

"Jealous?"

He huffed and stormed off below deck.

"He's jealous."

"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

Katya gazed at Belle in awe as she held the sword up high, admiring it. It (or she?) had a magnificent blue sheen, with an artisan-crafted hilt. Although some of its properties were rather odd to her - the blade was asymmetrical, and for such a large blade, it was surprisingly light. Not that it really mattered - she wouldn't have Belle for much longer than an hour or so. She had no aspirations of truly wielding the sword in battle. "The main reason I want her is so that we can fly away if things go awry." she thought to herself, lowering Belle to her side. Well, she should have asked for the sheath. She was way too short to tie Belle to her waist - unless she wanted the sword to drag clumsily along the ground, and that'd probably be rude to it. Her. Whichever one it was, really. Instead, she'd have to settle for awkwardly tying it to her back.

"Wait, can you read my thoughts?" she thought, slightly aghast. It'd be bad if Belle could hear her silly diatribe about manners and her cowardly reason for wanting to borrow the sword. A stream of additional thoughts rapidly passed by, unfortunately. "And can you see as a sword? How does that work? Do you see through my eyes? Or Eric's eyes, gods forbid?!"

Katya made a face. That'd be gross. It was one thing to hear all these stories, but to be there for all of them would be another thing entirely.

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43864
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Lazarian wrote:"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

Katya gazed at Belle in awe as she held the sword up high, admiring it. It (or she?) had a magnificent blue sheen, with an artisan-crafted hilt. Although some of its properties were rather odd to her - the blade was asymmetrical, and for such a large blade, it was surprisingly light. Not that it really mattered - she wouldn't have Belle for much longer than an hour or so. She had no aspirations of truly wielding the sword in battle. "The main reason I want her is so that we can fly away if things go awry." she thought to herself, lowering Belle to her side. Well, she should have asked for the sheath. She was way too short to tie Belle to her waist - unless she wanted the sword to drag clumsily along the ground, and that'd probably be rude to it. Her. Whichever one it was, really. Instead, she'd have to settle for awkwardly tying it to her back.

"Wait, can you read my thoughts?" she thought, slightly aghast. It'd be bad if Belle could hear her silly diatribe about manners and her cowardly reason for wanting to borrow the sword. A stream of additional thoughts rapidly passed by, unfortunately. "And can you see as a sword? How does that work? Do you see through my eyes? Or Eric's eyes, gods forbid?!"

Katya made a face. That'd be gross. It was one thing to hear all these stories, but to be there for all of them would be another thing entirely.

"Yes, I can read your thoughts. It's how I communicated with Eric for all those years before I regained my ability to speak aloud. And no offense taken. Eric has used my recent bodily recovery as an escape tool for many of his harebrained adventures. I'm quite used to it by now. As for the seeing thing.."

She had to think for a moment on how to explain that one.

"I can see through my wielders eyes when I choose. But that's rough on mortal bodies. Angellic essence coursing through your eyes stings a tad. Otherwise, it's a blackness that lights up when there's movement. Like the waves bobbing the ship. Every movement shows me the world around me. It's not the same as actually seeing, but it worked for me...you know, Father would be furious to know I was being held by a wind elemental."

She giggled slightly at the memory.

"Aewiallia sneezed and accidentally extinguished his favorite flaming sword. He's never quite forgiven her for that."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Lazarian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Lazarian » Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Lazarian wrote:"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

Katya gazed at Belle in awe as she held the sword up high, admiring it. It (or she?) had a magnificent blue sheen, with an artisan-crafted hilt. Although some of its properties were rather odd to her - the blade was asymmetrical, and for such a large blade, it was surprisingly light. Not that it really mattered - she wouldn't have Belle for much longer than an hour or so. She had no aspirations of truly wielding the sword in battle. "The main reason I want her is so that we can fly away if things go awry." she thought to herself, lowering Belle to her side. Well, she should have asked for the sheath. She was way too short to tie Belle to her waist - unless she wanted the sword to drag clumsily along the ground, and that'd probably be rude to it. Her. Whichever one it was, really. Instead, she'd have to settle for awkwardly tying it to her back.

"Wait, can you read my thoughts?" she thought, slightly aghast. It'd be bad if Belle could hear her silly diatribe about manners and her cowardly reason for wanting to borrow the sword. A stream of additional thoughts rapidly passed by, unfortunately. "And can you see as a sword? How does that work? Do you see through my eyes? Or Eric's eyes, gods forbid?!"

Katya made a face. That'd be gross. It was one thing to hear all these stories, but to be there for all of them would be another thing entirely.

"Yes, I can read your thoughts. It's how I communicated with Eric for all those years before I regained my ability to speak aloud. And no offense taken. Eric has used my recent bodily recovery as an escape tool for many of his harebrained adventures. I'm quite used to it by now. As for the seeing thing.."

She had to think for a moment on how to explain that one.

"I can see through my wielders eyes when I choose. But that's rough on mortal bodies. Angellic essence coursing through your eyes stings a tad. Otherwise, it's a blackness that lights up when there's movement. Like the waves bobbing the ship. Every movement shows me the world around me. It's not the same as actually seeing, but it worked for me...you know, Father would be furious to know I was being held by a wind elemental."

She giggled slightly at the memory.

"Aewiallia sneezed and accidentally extinguished his favorite flaming sword. He's never quite forgiven her for that."

Katya smiled at the story, grinning in disbelief. It was so odd to hear Belle talk about the gods themselves as if they were just a squabbling family. It was rather comforting, though. Although, this off-hand comment did have theological implications. It meant that the Helreskaffen doctrine was right - they emphasized that the gods were just like mortal men, but greater and more noble. The Traditionalists, influenced by the remnants of the barbarian beliefs before the Empire was established, claimed that the gods were beyond mortal understanding - that they were akin to powerful and primeval nature spirits. Clearly, that wasn't the case.

"Well, I'm glad you're not offended."
she thought. "Between you and Eric, you're the more awe-inspiring one. Although, I have to ask - out of all the people the gods could have chosen, why him? Not that I'm questioning the choices of the gods, but it does leave me rather curious. He's hardly the ideal saint."

Suddenly, she realized that she'd been standing there with Belle for at least a minute in silence, just staring transfixed into the blade of the sword. The other folks on the deck looked at her quizzically, slightly confused.

"Oh, sorry!" she said abruptly to Ke'Am and Tristan, rather embarrassed. "Just having a conversation with Belle. Go get ready, but please do hurry. We'll be leaving at once."

Turning, she hurried back down the stairs to the captain's cabin, before placing Belle gently on a large desk which occupied a decent portion of the cabin. Alexei was sleeping in his hammock, his rumbling snoring filling the cabin yet again. Ivan was also asleep - him and Timur generally took the night watch on the ship, for whatever reason. They hadn't talked much recently. Timur was awake, reading through her spellbook. His ability to read always had fascinated her somewhat. It was rare for Garmiccian soldiers to be literate - often, they were composed of the lower classes, who mostly worked the fields. Her possessions were strewn over the cabin messily, which was unfortunate. Grabbing her hand mirror, she took a glance. If she was going to go around claiming she was a diplomat, she ought to look the part. Oh, dear. She looked windswept and sunburnt. Hardly the gentle features and fair skin of a noble's daughter there.

"You're as ugly as ever, darling." Timur chimed in from across the room, chuckling to himself. Katya scowled bitterly at him, before sighing and placing the mirror down. Well, no matter. Now, where had she placed the letter and seal? Those were quite critical. After rummaging through the drawers of the desk for a minute or so, she found them, and stashed them in a pocket of the coat.

"Make yourself useful for once and tie Belle here to my back, would you? I can't fix her at my side, for obvious reasons." she commanded, looking pointedly towards the peanut gallery. Timur nodded mindlessly, and then froze.

"Ah, I'd love to, but, I can't." he stammered nervously, placing the book down on the desk. He raised a hand over his face, as if the sun was shining straight into his eyes. That was odd - was that fear in his voice? That was new.

"No, seriously!" she continued, more irritably this time. "I don't pay you to sit around. Get your arse over here. That's an order!"

"I...I have to take inventory of the ship. And I take orders from your father, not you." he mumbled, before quickly striding out of the room, ignoring her. As he brushed past her and strode down the hallway, she swore she smelled the distinct smell of burning flesh. Rather perturbed by this and his actions, she was tempted to follow him and demand answers - but there were more pressing concerns on hand at the moment. Like three South Gallian frigates, for example. She'd get to him later. Turning around, she grabbed her mother's comb tightly (for good luck) and rushed up back up the stairs. After a few moments, with the help of the others on deck, they lowered the pinnace into the water and set off.




A few minutes later, Katya stood on the deck of the pinnace with Belle in hand, pointing at the sail of the boat to aid its passage. Behind her, Tristan, Lisoette, Keyam, and Flacht sat behind her. The couple looked wonderful, as always. She was honestly a little jealous of what they had, but she tried not to show it too much. As for Keyam, the poor fellow looked a little sick. He'd gotten quite better at handling it over the course of the trip, though. They chopped through the water quickly, without as many errors as the time she had sailed the pinnace at their departure from Carogne - over the course of the month, her control over the winds had improved. Honestly, out here in the ocean seemed to be where her connection with her patron goddess was closest. They were approaching the frigates, but something in the back of her mind still bothered her.

"Belle, do you have any idea what the hell all that was about?" she thought to herself, curling a strand of hair in her fingers. "I swear I smelled something burning. But...there wasn't anything on fire in there, was there?"

As she waited for Belle's response, she turned to Tristan and Keyam.

"So, do we just...sail up and vait for them to throw down ropes? Or should we attempt to take initiative, and board their vessel ourselves? I have no real experience with South Gallians. Vhat would you all prefer?"
Last edited by Lazarian on Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 42083
Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Serconas wrote:---
Lazarian wrote:---


Watching the nomad approach and offer his support, Tristan smiled sympathetically. He'd never had an issue being out on the waters, but he knew for a fact many Gallians did, especially those that didn't live in cities like Erilhall. Of course, he was fairly sure Ke'Am wasn't Gallian, but that was beside the point; it was easy to assume the same applied anywhere. Either way, the explanation he suggested - that they took over the ship after being attacked by the Basilisk Pirates - struck him as the most reasonable of the three that had been offered thus far. "Good thinking, Ke'Am." He nodded at the nomad.

Katya, it seemed, was in agreement with the suggestion as well, which left their path of action quite clear. With that out of the way, the Ice Elemental simply watched as Katya negotiated with Eric, who seemed all too happy to remain behind on the ship, but less happy about parting with Belle. Fortunately, Katya and Belle herself seemed to be able to talk some sense into him, and the situation was soon resolved. He didn't quite get why Eric seemed so mad as he stormed off, though.

After what seemed like an excessive amount of time spent staring at the Angelle sword, Katya finally addressed Ke'Am and Tristan again. Nodding at her words, the Ice Elemental headed down to the cabin he shared with Lisoette to prepare for their short diplomatic trip.

Fast forward a few minutes, and Tristan stood behind Katya on the pinnace, one arm on his waist and the other wrapped around Lisoette's shoulder. His hair was still damp from the light rain, but no longer as unkempt as before, and he wore the same navy blue shirt he had when he met the party - besides his preference for the color and his belief that it would give off the impression they wanted, it was also similar enough in color to Katya's Garmiccian clothing that he figured it would pass him off as her associate more easily. Fenrirtusk was still tied to his back in case something went wrong, but until it did, he doubted that bearing the weapon would bring him any issues as long as he didn't reach for it in the presence of the South Gallians.

"I don't think they'll take kindly to being boarded by a group of people who were seen disembarking from a pirate ship, even if we've done nothing to threaten them so far." The Ice Elemental replied to Katya's question. "I think our best bet is to wait until they invite us on board. Plus, we'll be in shouting distance soon, so if nothing else we could try to talk to them without leaving the pinnace." He suggested with a shrug. Far from ideal, but it was an option.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43864
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun May 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Lazarian wrote:"Well, I'm glad you're not offended." she thought. "Between you and Eric, you're the more awe-inspiring one. Although, I have to ask - out of all the people the gods could have chosen, why him? Not that I'm questioning the choices of the gods, but it does leave me rather curious. He's hardly the ideal saint."

Suddenly, she realized that she'd been standing there with Belle for at least a minute in silence, just staring transfixed into the blade of the sword. The other folks on the deck looked at her quizzically, slightly confused.

"Oh, sorry!" she said abruptly to Ke'Am and Tristan, rather embarrassed. "Just having a conversation with Belle. Go get ready, but please do hurry. We'll be leaving at once."

Turning, she hurried back down the stairs to the captain's cabin, before placing Belle gently on a large desk which occupied a decent portion of the cabin. Alexei was sleeping in his hammock, his rumbling snoring filling the cabin yet again. Ivan was also asleep - him and Timur generally took the night watch on the ship, for whatever reason. They hadn't talked much recently. Timur was awake, reading through her spellbook. His ability to read always had fascinated her somewhat. It was rare for Garmiccian soldiers to be literate - often, they were composed of the lower classes, who mostly worked the fields. Her possessions were strewn over the cabin messily, which was unfortunate. Grabbing her hand mirror, she took a glance. If she was going to go around claiming she was a diplomat, she ought to look the part. Oh, dear. She looked windswept and sunburnt. Hardly the gentle features and fair skin of a noble's daughter there.

"I'd like to imagine my father and his kin had nothing to do with him finding me. No, it was probably just happenstance and luck...some cruel happenstance and luck that the first person to hear me in 900 years was a hedonistic atheist with a near suicidal addiction to adventure. But..."

If she had eyes at the moment, they'd be scanning the room to make sure no one was spying on them.

"I have grown fond of being his companion. And if you tell him that, I'll reduce your mortal form to a pile of smoking ash."

Lazarian wrote:"You're as ugly as ever, darling." Timur chimed in from across the room, chuckling to himself. Katya scowled bitterly at him, before sighing and placing the mirror down. Well, no matter. Now, where had she placed the letter and seal? Those were quite critical. After rummaging through the drawers of the desk for a minute or so, she found them, and stashed them in a pocket of the coat.

"Make yourself useful for once and tie Belle here to my back, would you? I can't fix her at my side, for obvious reasons." she commanded, looking pointedly towards the peanut gallery. Timur nodded mindlessly, and then froze.

"Ah, I'd love to, but, I can't." he stammered nervously, placing the book down on the desk. He raised a hand over his face, as if the sun was shining straight into his eyes. That was odd - was that fear in his voice? That was new.

"No, seriously!" she continued, more irritably this time. "I don't pay you to sit around. Get your arse over here. That's an order!"

"I...I have to take inventory of the ship. And I take orders from your father, not you." he mumbled, before quickly striding out of the room, ignoring her. As he brushed past her and strode down the hallway, she swore she smelled the distinct smell of burning flesh. Rather perturbed by this and his actions, she was tempted to follow him and demand answers - but there were more pressing concerns on hand at the moment. Like three South Gallian frigates, for example. She'd get to him later. Turning around, she grabbed her mother's comb tightly (for good luck) and rushed up back up the stairs. After a few moments, with the help of the others on deck, they lowered the pinnace into the water and set off.




A few minutes later, Katya stood on the deck of the pinnace with Belle in hand, pointing at the sail of the boat to aid its passage. Behind her, Tristan, Lisoette, Keyam, and Flacht sat behind her. The couple looked wonderful, as always. She was honestly a little jealous of what they had, but she tried not to show it too much. As for Keyam, the poor fellow looked a little sick. He'd gotten quite better at handling it over the course of the trip, though. They chopped through the water quickly, without as many errors as the time she had sailed the pinnace at their departure from Carogne - over the course of the month, her control over the winds had improved. Honestly, out here in the ocean seemed to be where her connection with her patron goddess was closest. They were approaching the frigates, but something in the back of her mind still bothered her.

"Belle, do you have any idea what the hell all that was about?" she thought to herself, curling a strand of hair in her fingers. "I swear I smelled something burning. But...there wasn't anything on fire in there, was there?"

"Your vassal. Timur is his name if I recall. There is something...dark about him. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's some energy about him that doesn't like being in the presence of a holy being. I'd advise you keep a close eye on him."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Lazarian
Diplomat
 
Posts: 534
Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Lazarian » Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"I don't think they'll take kindly to being boarded by a group of people who were seen disembarking from a pirate ship, even if we've done nothing to threaten them so far." The Ice Elemental replied to Katya's question. "I think our best bet is to wait until they invite us on board. Plus, we'll be in shouting distance soon, so if nothing else we could try to talk to them without leaving the pinnace." He suggested with a shrug. Far from ideal, but it was an option.

Katya nodded in agreement. "Fair enough. We'll do that."
Ameriganastan wrote:"Your vassal. Timur is his name if I recall. There is something...dark about him. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's some energy about him that doesn't like being in the presence of a holy being. I'd advise you keep a close eye on him."

"Something dark? You don't suppose he actually did find one of those demons he was looking for, would you? Gods, I hope not. Well, I trust your judgement more than mine. I'll watch him closely." she thought in response.

It was a bit of a disturbing thought. Of her companions, he was probably in the middle in terms of trustworthiness. Alexei had left with her of his own volition - her father hadn't sent him with her to begin with. As for Ivan, he was more of a liability than anything. Her father may have just been trying to dispose of the troublesome lout. But as for Timur...Timur was deliberately handpicked. There were a couple things about him that she found off - for one, soldiers usually didn't know how to read. And for an otherwise unimpressive plainclothes soldier, her father had always kept him strangely close. There was one more thing she had noticed: his wounds. His skin seemed to alternate between being normal, terribly burnt, and then normal again. He passed it off as "being unaccustomed to these climates", but...

She'd worry about that later. As they sailed closer towards the ship, she placed her hands in front of her, palms facing outwards. The wind pushing the pinnace along slowly subsided, and they drifted alongside one of the frigates. She shifted nervously - the ships towered over their small boat. If the South Gallians decided to open fire, that'd be the end of all of them. Of course, if they had wanted to do that, they'd have done it already.

She cleared her throat, and then cupped her hands in front of her mouth and shouted up to the decks of the ship. In her mind, it was supposed to be commanding and authoritative, but it ended up coming out as shrill and a little uncertain instead, unfortunately.

"Greetings, South Gallians! My companions and I vish to speak with the commander of this fleet. We are no pirates - I am Katya of House Kuznetsov of the Northern Province of Garmiccia, and an envoy of his Imperial Reclaimant Magesty, the Glorious Emperor Jeremiahde Ottos Norn-Darekuth the Sixth, Blessed of the Nine.

Upon finally reaching the end of that sentence, she seized the opportunity to take a deep breath. That was always a mouthful, but it was incredibly disrespectful to speak of the Emperor without including the proper titles. Taking another deep breath, she continued.

"Vhat have you stopped us for this day? Let us board, and I vould be happy to resolve any confusions you may have."

User avatar
Kassaran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9857
Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kassaran » Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm

MInroz wrote:"Are you okay?" Temujin asked Erosen in loud and clear voice. "Can you hear me?"

Erosen's eyes fluttered slightly, his mind laid in a state of stupor as his body still struggled to revive, fluid in his lungs causing an uncomfortable tightness and burning which suddenly caused his chest to heave. As Temujin tapped upon his shoulder, the man felt the rushing of fluid from his lungs and stomach as he heaved and coughed, sputtering to life like a flame nearly doused by the rain. Eyes shining a brilliant violet, pulsed for a moment before he turned on his side and let the fluid escaping his body spill upon the cobbles at Temujin's feet. A hand reaching out to brace against the nearby building, which formed the near side of the alley, offered stability to the shaken Darkling as he struggled to regain his senses.


Lifting his head to ponder the face of his would be reviver, he realized the eyes he found staring back were familiar and kind, a smile slowly spreading across his face as he let himself drop back to the cobbled road below. His eyes closing as he suppressed a pained laugh, rolling onto his back and pushing himself into a seated position. His eyes opened again to regard the woman who stood beside Temujin, realizing with a bemused smirk the identity in full of the pair that had sought him out," I'm happy to see you have remained together all this time Temujin. We must get somewhere isolated and safe quickly. Do you have such a place, because I fear the Watchtower will be crawling through these streets soon and I'd rather be in hiding by then."
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
The Teutonic Republic wrote:"Hammer" in Russian means "Dicks" in Finnish.

This can't be a coincidence
Korva wrote:Q: How effective would this thing be if we assume it would be very effective?
A: Very effective
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG.
Same goes for Task Force Rainbow.

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.
Currently Enlisted in the United States Army.

User avatar
Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25035
Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Lazarian wrote:"Greetings, South Gallians! My companions and I vish to speak with the commander of this fleet. We are no pirates - I am Katya of House Kuznetsov of the Northern Province of Garmiccia, and an envoy of his Imperial Reclaimant Magesty, the Glorious Emperor Jeremiahde Ottos Norn-Darekuth the Sixth, Blessed of the Nine.

Upon finally reaching the end of that sentence, she seized the opportunity to take a deep breath. That was always a mouthful, but it was incredibly disrespectful to speak of the Emperor without including the proper titles. Taking another deep breath, she continued.

"Vhat have you stopped us for this day? Let us board, and I vould be happy to resolve any confusions you may have."

A beefy midshipman snapped a quick salute and leaned over the railing to yell back at Katya, "Did you say you're Garmiccian diplomats? You have my apologies; we were unaware of your station. Sorry for the trouble of Your Ladyship rowing over to us. We would be honoured to have you aboard the Fame of Redbeach," The young man took a step back, and the sharper-eared Elementals on the boat could have heard him speaking at a lower volume to some nearby crewmate, "Crickey, Mr. Green, get the captain. Get the commodore too, while you're at it." More orders were barked out, and the sailors and marines that had been watching the incoming pinnace ran around to different spots. By the time the group climbed aboard the frigate they were greeted by a squadron of marines standing at attention in two lines with their muskets. They were quickly and politely lead between the lines by the midshipman to the commanding officer's stateroom. The decor was spartan, with only a few maps on the walls, a sufficiently fancy candelabra, and a set of white teacups.

Once they had filed in the midshipman left, leaving them with two men in dark blue coats with white collars and epaulettes. The one without a black sash had a simple brown beard, in the fashion that Grand Flag Admiral Meersthand had been pushing for officers to adopt to look uniform and practical. The more senior of the two had a clean face save for an enormous white moustache that looked like the wool of a fat, wild sheep. He fiddled with it for a few seconds, as if daring the captain to tell him he should shave it. There was a twinkle in his bright green eyes of a man close to retirement, who had climbed the ranks as high as he pleased and no desire to go a single star higher. He was master of his little domain here, and becoming an admiral for only a year or two wasn't worth the bother.

"Welcome aboard the Fame of Redbeach, Your Ladyship. I am Captain Henry Bigelm, and this is my superior, Commodore Sir Eugene Galdenguard, commander of this squadron," the captain said with a bow.

"On behalf of the Federal Navy I extend apologies for delaying whatever assignment your emperor has you and your esteemed companions upon, but due to dire circumstances the difficult decision has been made to cordon off all waters north of St. Veowulf. We have had reports of fierce hurricanes and extensive piratical activity up the entire western coast for the past few weeks. Numerous ships have gone missing, presumed sunk, and therefore the admiralty has decided to declare the area off-limits to all ships not under military command," the commodore explained, gesturing to the relevant point on the giant map of Galllia spread out upon the stateroom's central table, "This will save precious civilian lives, and helps starve whatever pirates are up there of fresh ships and spoils to seize. Besides, we need to wait out the blasted storms as well. Until such a time that the Federal Navy sails in and clears them out our orders are to intercept any vessels heading this way and direct them to dock at St. Veowulf, or turn south.

"The only permitted exception is a convoy we've been organising every so often to sail up to the mouth of Lake Frosting and then immediately turn east to sail up to Rolphcross or Albrheim. The navy's already dealt with a few dimwitted ships that had the bright idea to break off from the group near the end and head in the wrong direction. However, to join up with those trips you'll still need to come into port. I would be remiss if I didn't offer my squadron's services in escorting a diplomatic delegation such as yours to safety, Your Ladyship. Again, I express my own remorse and that of the navy's for the inconvenience, but I have been given no latitude in the matter. At least the water route to the state capital Albrheim is still open, assuming that's the reason you've come all this way from Elcrescia."

"We could also see about getting your ship restocked and repaired a bit. My sailors told me after spotting your vessel that the crow's nest had been knocked off somehow, hadn't it?" Captain Bigelm added.
Joe Biden 2020; make aviators great again.
Elementals 3 has arrived!
Agritum wrote:I want to marry you now, my British damsel.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:You know, I didn't expect you to be the most psychopathic person here.

I have the oddest of feelings this is my fault somehow.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I just realised how bizarre Const's existence is.
Cerillium wrote:Const is right.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You just cornered a scary indian man with a sword-of-brick-shattering.

Have a cookie.
Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43864
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:01 pm

"Sword of Keiises. I could have been bragging about wielding the sword of Keiises, but does she tell me that? Of course not. See if I ever share my awesome stories with her again..."

Eric had half-walked, half-stumbled below deck looking for some more libations to pour into himself. At the moment, he was coming up dry.

"It's a pirate ship. There's gotta be some rum on this heap of splinters somewhere...forget it. Magic me up a flask, you possibly possessed accessory. I'm losing my buzz."

The FPOW rumbled for a few moments, spitting up a note into his hand.

"What the...Dear Eric, it's Eric. If you're reading this, you've officially tapped out your supply of flasks. Sincerely yours, Eric."

He crumpled it up and tossed it over his shoulder.

"Great. Out of booze, no whores and my best friend is on another ship. I am officially bored."

He flopped down, looking around for something to do.

"...Wait, pirate ship. That means treasure. How have we not look for the treasure yet?"

One time saving skip later, Eric had meandered to the quarters of the former captain.

"Okay, I'm a surly midget of a pirate captain. I think I'm clever, but every time I wanna hide something, I stash it..."

He walked over to the desk sitting there. And one light kick later, a secret hatch slid open.

"Same place she hid the map. Poor, predictable Franny."

He dragged the chest out onto the deck.

"Hey, look what I found. Anyone got a pry bar? My usual chest opener is MIA right now."
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Greater Redosia, Illegal Planets, Imperial Esplanade, Impheapenc Onmyevoir, Joohan, Krospovia, Krugmar, Lessoni, The Rebel Alliances, The World Capitalist Confederation

Advertisement

Remove ads