NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:08 am

Pax Dracon wrote:After taking a moment to breathe in the crisp morning air, Valyassa thoughtfully turned her gaze to Eleanora once more as she mulled the question over. "Hmm... well, it wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed a spurned suitor. 'twould be akin to romantic tale gone horribly off the rails, but at the same time, I don't a petty prince would want to risk the reputation of his realm or House through something so... drastic."

As she continued to munch on the bun held in her claws, the Dragonborn's bony brows furrowed. "It could also be some upstart looking to extort the throne through ransom, with the Bhaal cult being a cover story to frighten everyone involved. I may have gotten a bit out of the loop during my training and initial wanderings, though... has the Crown made any enemies of late?"

“Feh. Branwen, the city I’m from, and Barrfhionn have always hated each other. I’m pretty sure if people here knew where I was from, they’d start trying to chase me out of the city-gates. But I don’t think the culprit is associated with Branwen, considering it’d be really, really awful for a city to associate itself with Bhaal...” Eleanora suggested, staring down at her boots and kicking them back and forth. “...And any prince would be probably be taken off the line-of-succession for worshipping Bhaal, too...Probably it has to be some sorts of radicals not associated with any of the Kingdoms. Though if they were associated in secret...now that would be pretty creepy...” Her eyes lit with fear at the idea of murder-worshippers manipulating an entire country from the background.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:49 am

Roric awoke in his small and secluded campsite outside of town. It wasn't much, just a campfire to keep him warm and a bedroll to sleep in. The main reason he stayed outside of town was so that he could have the privacy to be himself. Whenever he went out on a mission or was looking for work, Roric would put on his mask and adopt and new personality, a gruff and cynical bounty hunter veteran. With the mask off, he went back to being his laid-back and carefree self. Roric found that he could make this change easier because of what the mask represented for him, and every time he looked through it, he knew he had to keep up the façade.

Strike his campsite, and putting his gear back on, Roric made his way back into town towards the temple to meet with the other adventurer. When he arrive, he saw that there was already a good bit of them there. "Good, I'm not the first to arrive, meaning we can leave sooner rather than later."
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 pm

"Disturbing, aye, but nothing we cannot overcome if we work together. Raw strength, technique, divine power, and arcane prowess oft make for an unstoppable force." The paladin gave Eleanora a reassuring smile and motioned towards the door. "As for Branwen, I care not where you are from. The squabbles between nations should not prevent people from seeing the potential for good and compassion in one another. Not long after we met yesterday during the High Cleric's summons, you showed a curiosity and thirst for knowledge that is to be admired, and your immediate reaction to volunteer to save Princess Aine speaks volumes of your compassion and selflessness."

"I see no reason to distrust you, my Lady. None whatsoever. I would be honored to travel with you."

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:58 pm

"Well hello everybody!" Ciril called out cheerfully, Dio greeted everybody gathered with a smile and a wave as they walked into the temple...it seemed that nearly everybody was here now. "So...any new information about our mission or do we simply leave immediately?" She asked the people closest to her...that young wizard Eleanora and the dragonborn woman Val. "So sorry we're late, we had to do a bit of last minute preparation."
"I know as well as anybody that we can't charge into something like this without a plan, so I'm gonna just ask around. I mean do we have one solid plan or is everybody still just randomly discussing?" Ciril asked nobody in particular, it was free for any adventurer that heard him since they were doing all this together after all.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Oak Leif, looks at Ciril and says, "I will follow the horses. It got me here. The cleric who hired me sits in the wagon. This is what I will do. I am packed and ready." He pats his sacks of supplies. He looks around at the other adventurers. "We go to the sea from what I heard. There are ships there. I have never seen a ship nor I have seen the sea. I hear there is water as far as the eyes can look."

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Oak Leif, looks at Ciril and says, "I will follow the horses. It got me here. The cleric who hired me sits in the wagon. This is what I will do. I am packed and ready." He pats his sacks of supplies. He looks around at the other adventurers. "We go to the sea from what I heard. There are ships there. I have never seen a ship nor I have seen the sea. I hear there is water as far as the eyes can look."

“Well the sea is something that ain’t that special and yet super special at the same time, if that makes sense.” Ciril said to Oak. “It’s just an insanely gigantic hole full of salty water but like you say, water as far as the eye can see. It’s so beautiful, poems and songs have been written about it when the sun and moon shines on it, like a big, sparkling pane of blue glass. But yet in an instant, can be this unstoppable force of nature...and even in its most wrathful state it never stops being beautiful. Yet even in its calmest state, it’s constantly reminding you of its power. Like my wife.” A soft smile appeared on the sorcerer’s face, how they went from talking about plans to the sea, nobody knows...but at least they’d have time to form a collective plan on a ship.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Pax Dracon wrote:"Disturbing, aye, but nothing we cannot overcome if we work together. Raw strength, technique, divine power, and arcane prowess oft make for an unstoppable force." The paladin gave Eleanora a reassuring smile and motioned towards the door. "As for Branwen, I care not where you are from. The squabbles between nations should not prevent people from seeing the potential for good and compassion in one another. Not long after we met yesterday during the High Cleric's summons, you showed a curiosity and thirst for knowledge that is to be admired, and your immediate reaction to volunteer to save Princess Aine speaks volumes of your compassion and selflessness."

"I see no reason to distrust you, my Lady. None whatsoever. I would be honored to travel with you."

Eleanora blinked and gave a nervous smirk. Nobody had ever called her ‘my Lady’, and she wondered if she really looked like some sort of nobility. The young wizard certainly did not think she looked royal, with her awkward posture, cool stare, and wild black hair. Yet perhaps Valyassa saw some inner dignity which Eleanora had missed. Maybe this journey would give her a chance to get to know that inner beauty.

Whatever the reason, she nodded and replied as graciously as she could. “I appreciate the compliment, really. I’m not from a royal family, but...I’m glad you trust me. I trust you too, I think. You seem...pretty nice...and your family was quite nice. So I think...we’ll get along well. And...thanks for...not being upset that I’m from Branwen...it um...it’s not always easy to admit to others you...live in a place that most people outside of that place hate...” She then got up, and she walked with her new companion out the door.

At the Temple of Holy Peace, Rorac, Oak Lief, Dio, and Ciril were all present. A couple of the adventurers seemed to be missing, but Eleanora figured they could wait for them. They had no reason to simply rush, since they had all managed to rise early enough that they could afford the time. Even so, the half-elf gave a loud yawn, which she covered with her mouth as she greeted the rest of the group. “Good morning!...I hope everyone slept well?...Ready for some princess-saving?” she inquired drowsily.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Pax Dracon wrote:"Disturbing, aye, but nothing we cannot overcome if we work together. Raw strength, technique, divine power, and arcane prowess oft make for an unstoppable force." The paladin gave Eleanora a reassuring smile and motioned towards the door. "As for Branwen, I care not where you are from. The squabbles between nations should not prevent people from seeing the potential for good and compassion in one another. Not long after we met yesterday during the High Cleric's summons, you showed a curiosity and thirst for knowledge that is to be admired, and your immediate reaction to volunteer to save Princess Aine speaks volumes of your compassion and selflessness."

Eleanora blinked and gave a nervous smirk. Nobody had ever called her ‘my Lady’, and she wondered if she really looked like some sort of nobility. The young wizard certainly did not think she looked royal, with her awkward posture, cool stare, and wild black hair. Yet perhaps Valyassa saw some inner dignity which Eleanora had missed. Maybe this journey would give her a chance to get to know that inner beauty.

Whatever the reason, she nodded and replied as graciously as she could. “I appreciate the compliment, really. I’m not from a royal family, but...I’m glad you trust me. I trust you too, I think. You seem...pretty nice...and your family was quite nice. So I think...we’ll get along well. And...thanks for...not being upset that I’m from Branwen...it um...it’s not always easy to admit to others you...live in a place that most people outside of that place hate...” She then got up, and she walked with her new companion out the door.

At the Temple of Holy Peace, Rorac, Oak Lief, Dio, and Ciril were all present. A couple of the adventurers seemed to be missing, but Eleanora figured they could wait for them. They had no reason to simply rush, since they had all managed to rise early enough that they could afford the time. Even so, the half-elf gave a loud yawn, which she covered with her mouth as she greeted the rest of the group. “Good morning!...I hope everyone slept well?...Ready for some princess-saving?” she inquired drowsily.

Arnaud Mitarashi

Sleeping at the Temple gave him much needed extra minutes of sleep before his travel with the company of adventurers that wanted to find the Princess: a few did it for the rewards exclusively, while others did it for a sense of morality they had, and others, well... he wasn't completely sure of the reasons. But there was a time for each question, and right now, it was the time of getting his things ready.

Picking up his staff and getting inside his robes, Mitarashi readied himself to meet the other adventurers outside the temple. The female wizard and the minotaur definitely got his attention, before he saw the rest of the group. As he approached the wagon, his owl flew to him, landing on the vehicle they were going to use.

"Good morning. I hope that you all had a pleasant night before our departure."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eleanora blinked and gave a nervous smirk. Nobody had ever called her ‘my Lady’, and she wondered if she really looked like some sort of nobility. The young wizard certainly did not think she looked royal, with her awkward posture, cool stare, and wild black hair. Yet perhaps Valyassa saw some inner dignity which Eleanora had missed. Maybe this journey would give her a chance to get to know that inner beauty.

Arnaud Mitarashi

Sleeping at the Temple gave him much needed extra minutes of sleep before his travel with the company of adventurers that wanted to find the Princess: a few did it for the rewards exclusively, while others did it for a sense of morality they had, and others, well... he wasn't completely sure of the reasons. But there was a time for each question, and right now, it was the time of getting his things ready.

Picking up his staff and getting inside his robes, Mitarashi readied himself to meet the other adventurers outside the temple. The female wizard and the minotaur definitely got his attention, before he saw the rest of the group. As he approached the wagon, his owl flew to him, landing on the vehicle they were going to use.

"Good morning. I hope that you all had a pleasant night before our departure."

Valyassa waved to Arnaud as she approached the temple, taking in the sight as her eyes adjusted to the early morning light. "I slept well enough, friend. Well... good enough with a boisterous clan of stonemasons..."

The dragonborn chuckled softly. "Regardless, I look forward to working with all of you on this journey. How about you? Did you rest well?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:26 pm

“I see most if not all of you are here. That makes me happier than anything else this morning,” High Cleric Wilhelm walked toward the group, smiling as he presented them with their carriage and horses. “I have taken the liberty of making sure your horses are well-fed and in top condition. I have included their rations along with your own, and all of the other supplies which you have desired for your journey. No matter which way you choose to take, I hope you have a safe and fruitful journey. May Eldath protect you every step of the way,” he said, giving them a blessing to send them off.

Seamus nodded, and he patted the horses. One was a tall, black colt, the other was a shorter and stouter painted colt. The third horse, who stood next to the carriage, was a pretty, elegant mare, who eyed the large group of adventurers curiously. “These are Maddock, Adair, and Birgit,” the younger cleric explained, pointing from the black one, to the painted horse, to the mare, “they are all loyal and patient with their handlers. Please take good care of them.”

Eleanora had ridden a horse once, but she was not certain about how well she would be able to ride one of these. She looked toward the group. “I can ride one I guess, unless someone else wants to try,” she suggested. She did very much like the black horse, as tall and standoffish as he was. Yet she did not want to cause him harm if she was not confident enough to ride at the front of the group.
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 am

Oak Leif was ready. He was curious about the supplies. Humans, elves, and draconians ate strange things. He looked in the back of the wagon.

He took one of the healing potions so it would be easily reachable and put it in a small sack on his belt. He said , I am taking this to keep it at hand if we are attacked. We should watch for thieves or goblins who would steal from us or vicious rats.

There were some strange things there, small pieces of metal, paper, dried meat and other things. The stuff of adventure. He scratched his head, mumbling Why do people need such things.

Then he watched the horses. He would pace the horses. He did a quick stretch then got ready to run. Then he said Grandfather , make me swift like the horse, strong like the great bull, and watchful like the hawk. I am going on a journey today. We go on a journey today.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 pm

"I don't know about you, but I look forward to traveling with you all in the coming days. If we work together, we shall surely accomplish this mission."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse