NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 am

Allied Wessex wrote:Speaking to the group as a whole Torac said, ‘during my time with the Messenger’s Guild I’ve spent some time in desert environments.’ Pointing at the map he added, ‘truthfully, nothing as extensive as this but I’ve certainly had to survive in the wilderness before.’

He scanned the group before continuing. ‘The desert is an unforgiving opponent and to survive I suggest that we carry only essential items, and then work as a team and do our best to even out the load equitably. The group will only be as quick as its slowest member and so it makes sense for us to assist one another. As I alluded earlier. I do have some exposure in wilderness survival and so I should be able to have a decent stab at finding food and water...’ He turned to Wilhelm, ‘even so Sir, I should like to request dried rations, several full water skins and cotton travelling robes as well as some cure light wound potions.’

Turning back to the group he said, ‘of course if any of you have any useful magic....magic....’ He onece more faced Wilhelm, ‘you mentioned a flying carpet....’

"Another good point." Roric said, nodding to Torac. It was evident that the two would end up being the guides while the party was traversing the desert. With both having survived in the wilderness, crossing through it would be less of a challenge for them. The problem lies with making sure the others survive.

"If it's all the same to you, High Cleric, I have a camp set up outside the city as I prefer to sleep in the wilds. I'll report back early in the morning so that I can help with any last minute preparations and question Seamus about where he got the recent letter. It also might be helpful if we had mounts to travel faster instead of making the entire trek on foot. It would increase the amount of food we'd need to bring but it would also probably cut down travel time by half."
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:19 am

“Can’t we just...I dunno, teleport across the damn thing? It’d be so much quicker plus we wouldn’t need to bring that many rations since we’d be in and out.” Ciril added when Roric and some of the other adventurers were talking about surviving in the desert. Dio cleared her throat. “Not a good idea, babe.”
“Why? It seems good to me.” She gave him that look that told him exactly why she thought it was a bad idea before speaking again. “One, you have to have an exact idea of where you’re teleporting to. Two, even if we got Eleanora to chip in, teleporting all these people with us would require an insane amount of magic, and all us spellcasters would be utterly useless for a good while after expending all that energy. Our magic reserves aren’t infinite, may seem that way to you since you’re a sorcerer and all, but that’s not the case for the rest of us. And if we couldn’t do it in one go, we’d need to make multiple trips...which would just waste time we could’ve spent walking to it anyway.”

“Just trying to help...on second thought, maybe it isn’t such a good idea. We could probably expend some magic on tightening security when we have to camp...that way we don’t have to really worry about being attacked in our sleep.” Ciril spoke again. “A shield would probably be too much work to maintain all night and we have to sleep too...some sort of magical alarm?”
Last edited by Nuridia on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 am

Torac chuckled. ‘I like your thinking Ciril although we would miss out on the opportunity to try and locate the missing soldiers and perhaps more glean some sort of intelligence.’ Sotto voice he added, ‘with the magic carpet we could have combined speed and safey with aerial surveillance...’

Stifling a yawn he said, ‘I have an apartment I need the city so I think that I’ll retire for the night. I’ll be back here first thing though ready to go.’ Speaking to the group as a whole he added, ‘a pleasure and I bid you all a good night.’

With a short nod to Roric in acknowledgement of the other man’s earlier comment Torac left the room intending to head for the rooms he kept at the city. Taking his leave he caught Eleanora’s eye and mouthed, ‘don’t worry, we’ll be fine.’
Last edited by Allied Wessex on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 am

Luminesa wrote:He looked at Val and nodded, and walked toward a large map which hung on his wall, behind a gold frame. He pointed to an approximate location, a forest area to the east of Barrfhionn. “Wellwood is that way. However, our city does not lead directly into it. You have several ways you can take to reach Wellwood. You can go through the southern grasslands. You can also go through the western forest, which leads into the southwestern grasslands, which lead into the Pale Desert. The Pale Desert is full of many vicious creatures and mysterious treasures, and it is also most likely the place in which the Princess’s messengers lost some of her letters...and their lives. If you wish to search for the remains of our messengers and soldiers, in order to increase your reward, that is a good place to look. Once you have found them, you can report back to me.”

He also went to answer Torac’s question. “As for the kidnappers themselves, we have not heard anything from them. They do not wish to have any contact with us, and they do not have any set ransom. They seem intent on keeping her at any costs, either as a sacrifice or as something more nefarious...” He lowered his voice, and added, “Something which is only whispered about existing in the darkest corners of the earth...though it is more common than that...”

Eleanora was not pleased at the idea of having to go through a desert for this mission, but the reward would be worth whatever pains they put themselves through to get. She only hoped they would actually survive to find the princess first. “...What do you guys think?...I think the simpler path is better. Once we go to Wellwood and...get more information...then we can find the letters and the soldiers and stuff...but it’s whatever you guys wanna do, I just don’t like deserts...or sunlight in general...” she mumbled.

Arnaud Mitarashi

"I do think that going through the desert could prove troublesome for us, but if we want to find the soldiers, we must go there. High Cleric, I appreciate the offer of a place to stay in the Temple, one I will gladly accept given that I arrived without the time to search for a room... I do have a question that is related to the Princess. Do you think that the kidnapping can be politically motivated? I mean, she is a Princess..."

Mitarashi heard about the followers of Bhaal along his travels, but never met one. The followers of the murderous god seemed to carry on even if the said deity disappeared: they seemed to transform their worship into the rituals that respected the concepts of the god. Why the Princess was still alive was a mystery for the traveling monk, but he was determined to rescue the princess and obtain part of the rewards.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:21 pm

"Hmm... the carpet would come in handy for scouting the area, as well as finding shortcuts across the desert. If we find the bodies of the fallen, we could gain an advantage over the kidnappers. We would need to be careful, though. The Pale Desert is unforgiving, even at the best of times."

Valyassa turned to look Arnaud, giving the monk a once-over before frowning. "It wouldn't surprise me if it was politically motivated. Ransoming her would help give worship of the Lord of Murder legitimacy in the known world, and attract more cultists to their banner. Or, and the mere thought of it frightens me..." She shuddered, her armor rattling softly. "They might be preparing for a ritual to sire a Bhaalspawn. Either way, we cannot take any chances in this regard."

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Oak Leif went to the shelter, but the men and women's odors bothered him, the strong stench of alcohol, meat, and human and dwarven body odor made his stomach churn. He slipped out and looked for another place to sleep.

Oak Leif using his stealth skills snuck back into the old cloak room behind the lost and found when the attendant was not looking. It was not hard to find a space behind the locked storage chests which were piled with junk where he could hide his considerable bulk. He covered himself completely with a couple of old cloaks and went to sleep. He had been trained to sleep quietly. The maze warriors were not to make a sound even when sleeping. He slept on his side to prevent snoring.

In the morning, he slipped out of the cloak room behind the lost and found and went to meet with the adventurers.

OOC: This was true of Genghis Khan

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 am

Nuridia wrote:“Can’t we just...I dunno, teleport across the damn thing? It’d be so much quicker plus we wouldn’t need to bring that many rations since we’d be in and out.” Ciril added when Roric and some of the other adventurers were talking about surviving in the desert. Dio cleared her throat. “Not a good idea, babe.”
“Why? It seems good to me.” She gave him that look that told him exactly why she thought it was a bad idea before speaking again. “One, you have to have an exact idea of where you’re teleporting to. Two, even if we got Eleanora to chip in, teleporting all these people with us would require an insane amount of magic, and all us spellcasters would be utterly useless for a good while after expending all that energy. Our magic reserves aren’t infinite, may seem that way to you since you’re a sorcerer and all, but that’s not the case for the rest of us. And if we couldn’t do it in one go, we’d need to make multiple trips...which would just waste time we could’ve spent walking to it anyway.”

“Just trying to help...on second thought, maybe it isn’t such a good idea. We could probably expend some magic on tightening security when we have to camp...that way we don’t have to really worry about being attacked in our sleep.” Ciril spoke again. “A shield would probably be too much work to maintain all night and we have to sleep too...some sort of magical alarm?”

The High Cleric raised an eyebrow at the idea of teleportation. Sure it was an easy solution, but easy solutions often have complicated answers. He frowned, and scratched his head. “...I suppose that would be easiest, but Teleportation Magic is difficult, even for seasoned Magic-users. I would not recommend it. And you would have to teleport to multiple places as well. I would not want for you to teleport to your destination, only for something to go wrong and leave you unprepared for what dangers you may face. As for the Carpet, it is a reward for your efforts, not something to use now. With that, I wish all of you a good night, and I hope you shall all meet here in the morning to begin your travels.”

Eleanora decided she would stay with Torac. He was a stranger, sure, but he had his own warm house. She shifted awkwardly in her robes as she thought about speaking to him. He was kind enough to probably let her stay, but these days one could never be sure who was hospitable and who was not hospitable. She walked over to him as he gave her some reassurance, and she looked up at him. “...Hey...do you mind if I stay at your house for the night?...I think it’ll help me to feel less...anxious. I can like...sleep on your couch I guess,” she suggested.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am

Torac paused mid-step as Eleanora phrased her question. Sensing and understanding the uncertainty of asking a stranger if you could stay at their residence he inclined his head gracefully. ‘It’s only a basic apartment I keep in the merchant’s quarter but that said it would be a pleasure to host you. I was planning on picking up some bread, cheese and fruit on the way back to serve as dinner this evening and breakfast tomorrow.’ Resuming his leave taking Torac flashed the young wizard a re-assuring smile, ‘...and I’d be insulted if you didn’t allow me to take to the couch.’
Last edited by Allied Wessex on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Allied Wessex wrote:Torac paused mid-step as Eleanora phrased her question. Sensing and understanding the uncertainty of asking a stranger if you could stay at their residence he inclined his head gracefully. ‘It’s only a basic apartment I keep in the merchant’s quarter but that said it would be a pleasure to host you. I was planning on picking up some bread, cheese and fruit on the way back to serve as dinner this evening and breakfast tomorrow.’ Resuming his leave taking Torac flashed the young wizard a re-assuring smile, ‘...and I’d be insulted if you didn’t allow me to take to the couch.’

Eleanora's face flushed a bright, melon-pink, as she heard that Torac wanted to take the couch. She was not sure how to respond, and her head swiveled from side-to-side as she tried to register his comments. "Uh...uh...um...uh...um...well...wh-where do I sleep then?...I...um...in a box?" She then had an odd image of her long, lanky self curling into a crate, almost like a cat. Not too long ago she would have been small enough to do so, but now she was a grown woman who was too big. With that idea out of her mind, she had the mortifying thought that he wanted her to sleep in his bed, while he slept on the couch. Throwing his blankets over her body, smelling his...scent...in the sheets and the pillows...the image gave her a shudder, and she could not imagine invading his private sanctum, even if he allowed it. "Because I...I'm totally fine with sleeping in a box. Yeah...like...I'm a cat!...Or a small bird...making a nest...heh..." she mumbled, shifting her eyes from side-to-side as she spoke. Even if she was too big to fit into a box, her embarrassment made her shrink to the size of a house-cat. She ducked her head, trying to hide the pinkness of her face.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:He looked at Val and nodded, and walked toward a large map which hung on his wall, behind a gold frame. He pointed to an approximate location, a forest area to the east of Barrfhionn. “Wellwood is that way. However, our city does not lead directly into it. You have several ways you can take to reach Wellwood. You can go through the southern grasslands. You can also go through the western forest, which leads into the southwestern grasslands, which lead into the Pale Desert. The Pale Desert is full of many vicious creatures and mysterious treasures, and it is also most likely the place in which the Princess’s messengers lost some of her letters...and their lives. If you wish to search for the remains of our messengers and soldiers, in order to increase your reward, that is a good place to look. Once you have found them, you can report back to me.”

He also went to answer Torac’s question. “As for the kidnappers themselves, we have not heard anything from them. They do not wish to have any contact with us, and they do not have any set ransom. They seem intent on keeping her at any costs, either as a sacrifice or as something more nefarious...” He lowered his voice, and added, “Something which is only whispered about existing in the darkest corners of the earth...though it is more common than that...”

Eleanora was not pleased at the idea of having to go through a desert for this mission, but the reward would be worth whatever pains they put themselves through to get. She only hoped they would actually survive to find the princess first. “...What do you guys think?...I think the simpler path is better. Once we go to Wellwood and...get more information...then we can find the letters and the soldiers and stuff...but it’s whatever you guys wanna do, I just don’t like deserts...or sunlight in general...” she mumbled.

Arnaud Mitarashi

"I do think that going through the desert could prove troublesome for us, but if we want to find the soldiers, we must go there. High Cleric, I appreciate the offer of a place to stay in the Temple, one I will gladly accept given that I arrived without the time to search for a room... I do have a question that is related to the Princess. Do you think that the kidnapping can be politically motivated? I mean, she is a Princess..."

Mitarashi heard about the followers of Bhaal along his travels, but never met one. The followers of the murderous god seemed to carry on even if the said deity disappeared: they seemed to transform their worship into the rituals that respected the concepts of the god. Why the Princess was still alive was a mystery for the traveling monk, but he was determined to rescue the princess and obtain part of the rewards.

"Politically-motivated? The possibility is always there, but we do not know if these bandits are members of any particular country. We have little-to-no information on these scoundrels, though if we do find they are allied with any particular countries we will certain take action. After all..." He lowered his voice, and worry seeped through like water seeping through cracks in a dam, "We would like to avoid another war. After all of the peace our world has finally established, such a tragedy would have tremendous consequences for even more generations of adventurers, former soldiers, and civilians who have prayed for peace for decades, centuries even." He stared toward the door, and as the light of the majestic room struck the side of his face, one could see the well-weathered wrinkles, the crow's-feet, the dire worry in his face. As a guardian of peace in both Barrfhionn and the world, war was a disease to him.
-Alan Jackson

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Torac smiled with warmth at Eleanora’s talk of birds, nests, cats and boxes. ‘Well if you insist I’m sure I could find a box somewhere.’ He winked to communicate the humour he intended.

Making for the doors Torac spoke as he walked. ‘Honestly though, I can’t have you stay at my apartment, yet ask you to sleep on the couch. Please, allow me to insist.’

Exiting the temple Torac turned in the direction of the merchant’s quarter where he kept his rooms. ‘I know a decent place where we can get some bread, cheese and fruit that we can take back for dinner. Sound good?’

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:57 am

Valyassa chuckled softly as she watched the Human and Half-Elf converse, her lips curling up into a warm smile despite the dire mission they found themselves in as she approached.

"You know, if you both desire, you are welcome to share a meal with me and my clan. I was hoping to check in on them before we left, and my kin always enjoy having company over even if it is not for business."

"That said, please refrain from lounging in boxes like a cat around my clan. You would likely cause both my mother and my aunt to want to adopt you on the spot from how absolutely adorable that would be." Much like Torac did a moment ago, the Dragonborn gave the pair a playful and friendly wink.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:31 am

On one hand, Torac was insisting that Eleanora rest in his bed while he took to the couch...in his own house. On another hand, Val spoke of adopting her if she tried to sleep in a box. She could not recall ever being called ‘adorable’, except by her parents. Her pink face turned red, and glowed enough that one could use it as a torch. Her eyes were also wide with befuddlement, and she turned her head toward both people.

“Uh...um...uh...uh...I...I really don’t want to steal your bed, so...I-I guess I can go with Val and meet her clan?...I...I really just need a couch to sleep on, I’m not fancy or a picky sleeper. I’m just glad I don’t have to sleep on a rock for a couple days!” she insisted herself, giving a nervous chuckle. Eleanora was almost more shocked that they did not consider her too awkward or standoffish, but rather freely welcomed her to their homes.

With both people trying to be kind to her, however, she did not want to seem rude to one or the other. She tried to think of a compromise. “...I can...go with you to shop...then I can...go with...Valyassa for the night? If that’s...like...you know...okay...” she muttered, smiling at both adventurers as she spoke.
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 am

Oak Leif dreamed he was in the forest chasing after a rabbit. The rabbit ran into the desert and he followed it. He could not quite catch it.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 am

Torac looked between the two females as they conversed. To the Dragonborn he said. ‘that’s a kind offer Valyassa.’ Turning back to Eleanora, ‘why don’t we both have dinner with the clan, after which you can bed down at their residence. I’ve got a couple of bits I need to collect from my apartment so I’ll head back there and will catch up with everyone in the morning. Sound like a plan?’

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm

Greatly amused by the exchange, Valyassa gave Torac and Eleanora a genuinely warm smile and gently put her hands on their shoulders, taking care to keep her claws a safe distance away from their clothing and flesh.

"I think you will enjoy this evening. A good meal and a full night's rest will do us all good before setting out on this mission. As for shopping... might I be of assistance? I can carry your groceries, if you so desire."

The Dragonborn shook her head quickly, cutting herself off from rambling just in the nick of time. "Regardless, I would be honored to share your company this evening!" Her lips parted a tiny bit, showing only the smallest sliver of teeth to avoid making her smile unnerving.
Last edited by Pax Dracon on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 pm

"Me and Cy rented a place in a tavern shortly after we got here, so we'll go there for the night." Dio plucked a bit of dust from the sleeve of her outer robe and drew her cloak a bit tighter around herself. "We do appreciate the offer of sleeping in the tavern for the night though, High Cleric. Thank you." Ciril spoke up and nodded in the High Cleric's direction, then waving goodbye to his fellow adventurers before he and Di left the temple arm in arm.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:41 am

Eleanora jumped in her skin as Valayssa put her hands on her shoulders. She was more than a little spooked to have the Dragonborn touching her, but she was friendly and had offered her a place to stay for the night. It's not like she has a reason to kill me in my sleep...I'm a nobody-guest who isn't even an experienced wizard... Beside, staying with her was probably less suspicious than staying with a strange man who had offered her his own bed. She knew he meant no harm, but she still was a little disturbed. “...Thank you both for the offers...I haven’t stayed at someone’s house during an adventure in maybe the last...while?...Um...and a hot meal would be great...” she answered, politely.

The High Cleric waved the group off as they all left his study, and as the door closed behind the last person, he gave a deep sigh. He knew he was sending the group off for a dangerous adventure, but he hoped that they would succeed against the demands of the journey and would return successfully, the Princess alive and well in their midst.

The morning came soon enough, and the High Cleric awaited the group, this time outside of the temple complex. He had brought a carriage with three horses, as the long journey would be rather exhausting on-foot. Seamus had accompanied the High Cleric, and the temple was abuzz when they noticed that the two were standing outside, mostly unguarded, and waiting for the adventurers to come on their journey. Of course, many of the random villagers would not understand the hoopla, and would either go about their day or whisper quietly suggestions about this unusual event.

Eleanora awakened at Val’s house, grumbling as she felt the sunlight tickle her eyelids. She rolled over on the bed, and then blinked as she stared at the home around her. Her blankets were warm and the pillows were comforting, but she had signed-up for a mission and would have to leave soon. Otherwise, they would be traveling against too much heat, or too much darkness if they left too late. She crawled out from under the blankets, folded them neatly, and waited for Valyassa to awaken and to join her. In the meantime, she got into her cotton travel robes, slapped water on her face, and ate a leftover bun from the night before. Yet the rumbling in her stomach did not leave as she ate, and she knew the coming journey was the cause for the squirming of her stomach muscles.
-Alan Jackson

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Sunlight trickled in through the windows of the small room that Dio and Ciril has paid for, Cy was out of bed, groggy but out of bed and he was in the middle of freshening up. Dio did NOT wasn’t to get up, and her husband had to help drag her out. “Ciril, I’m tired!”
“I know, but we gave our word. You say we always have to keep our word, and the pay, remember?!”
“You’re right but...ugh, fine.” She got ready quickly enough with the help of some magic, and put on gray and red traveling robes, rifling through their trunk for the matching hat. “Now where are my glasses and staff...here they are.” Then she yawned behind her hand and leaned on her staff to stand up. “I don’t wanna move, I just wanna sleep.”
“I’ll carry you, if you want?” He winked and she snorted a laugh. “I appreciate the offer, but you can’t carry me AND my stuff.” Kissing him on the cheek, she laced up her boots. “Come on, before we’re late.”
“You think they’ll have food, Di?” Ciril asked as they headed to the temple. Dio looked pensive. “They had some yesterday, maybe if we ask they can give us a little.”
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Oak Leif woke and slipped out of the cloak room. He went to the open area in the temple and did his bulls dance. Then he went to get something to eat, some oatmeal, sunflower seeds, an apple and a tankard of milk. He felt refreshed from the nights sleep. He gathered his supplies for the journey. Then he went outside to the front of the temple. He saw the wagon and the clerics outside. He walked to the side of the wagon. He was delighted, he loved horses.

He said to Seamus and the high cleric, "May your great grandfather's spirit, bless you this morning. It is a fine day."

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:41 pm

Luminesa wrote:Eleanora jumped in her skin as Valayssa put her hands on her shoulders. She was more than a little spooked to have the Dragonborn touching her, but she was friendly and had offered her a place to stay for the night. It's not like she has a reason to kill me in my sleep...I'm a nobody-guest who isn't even an experienced wizard... Beside, staying with her was probably less suspicious than staying with a strange man who had offered her his own bed. She knew he meant no harm, but she still was a little disturbed. “...Thank you both for the offers...I haven’t stayed at someone’s house during an adventure in maybe the last...while?...Um...and a hot meal would be great...” she answered, politely.

The High Cleric waved the group off as they all left his study, and as the door closed behind the last person, he gave a deep sigh. He knew he was sending the group off for a dangerous adventure, but he hoped that they would succeed against the demands of the journey and would return successfully, the Princess alive and well in their midst.

The morning came soon enough, and the High Cleric awaited the group, this time outside of the temple complex. He had brought a carriage with three horses, as the long journey would be rather exhausting on-foot. Seamus had accompanied the High Cleric, and the temple was abuzz when they noticed that the two were standing outside, mostly unguarded, and waiting for the adventurers to come on their journey. Of course, many of the random villagers would not understand the hoopla, and would either go about their day or whisper quietly suggestions about this unusual event.

Eleanora awakened at Val’s house, grumbling as she felt the sunlight tickle her eyelids. She rolled over on the bed, and then blinked as she stared at the home around her. Her blankets were warm and the pillows were comforting, but she had signed-up for a mission and would have to leave soon. Otherwise, they would be traveling against too much heat, or too much darkness if they left too late. She crawled out from under the blankets, folded them neatly, and waited for Valyassa to awaken and to join her. In the meantime, she got into her cotton travel robes, slapped water on her face, and ate a leftover bun from the night before. Yet the rumbling in her stomach did not leave as she ate, and she knew the coming journey was the cause for the squirming of her stomach muscles.

Valyassa rose from her bed, yawning widely and almost stretching like a cat in the process as the early morning sunlight began to slowly fill the room. In spite of how comfortable the mattress was, her stretching brought with it surprisingly satisfying popping in her joints. She took a moment to fold and smooth out her bedding, taking a look around her room for the sake of sentimentality before going through the process of donning her armor and cloak with practiced ease. After securing her blade to her waist, she grabbed her pack and supplies and entered the room Eleanora was dining in.

"Good morning, ma'am. Slept well, I hope?" The Dragonborn smiled as she took a bun of her own. "My clan seemed quite happy to dote on you last night. I hope they didn't make you uncomfortable when they offered you all that food. They sometimes forget that other races aren't quite as... physically dense as us."

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 am

As was his custom, Torac woke early and, looking forward to the day, rolled quickly from his bed.

On the floor he completed twenty push ups before jumping up to perform the same number of pull ups from a bar he had installed.

Walking to the nook that he laughingly called a kitchen he prepared himself some bread and cheese for breakfast. Boiling a small amount of water he made a strong and slightly bitter drink, using some beans that one of his merchant acquaintances had brought back from their travels.

He carried the food through to the table where he had left the sweet bun that Valyassa’s Dragon born clan had let him take home after last night’s meal. Reflecting on the pleasant company he had shared the previous evening Torac ate quickly but neatly suspecting that the others would be keen to leave and not wanting to be the one who held them up.

Finishing up he washed the utensils and splashed some water on his body before leaving his apartment and locking it up. On the stairs he passed a porter who served the various warehouses of the merchant’s quarter in which Torac made his home. Tossing the young lad a few copper pieces he said, ‘I’ll be gone for a few days. Keep an eye on the place will you?’ There was nothing worth stealing in the apartment but it didn’t do any harm to maintain neighberly relations.

Outside now Torac broke in a jog and headed in the direction of the temple. He ran quickly but smoothly, occasionally using street furniture to challenge himself.

He arrived at the temple in good spirits and seeing that the Minotaur was already present slowed to a walk, ‘Good morning, Sir!’ Indicating the rising sun, he added, ‘looks like a good day for it.’

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 am

Pax Dracon wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eleanora jumped in her skin as Valayssa put her hands on her shoulders. She was more than a little spooked to have the Dragonborn touching her, but she was friendly and had offered her a place to stay for the night. It's not like she has a reason to kill me in my sleep...I'm a nobody-guest who isn't even an experienced wizard... Beside, staying with her was probably less suspicious than staying with a strange man who had offered her his own bed. She knew he meant no harm, but she still was a little disturbed. “...Thank you both for the offers...I haven’t stayed at someone’s house during an adventure in maybe the last...while?...Um...and a hot meal would be great...” she answered, politely.

Valyassa rose from her bed, yawning widely and almost stretching like a cat in the process as the early morning sunlight began to slowly fill the room. In spite of how comfortable the mattress was, her stretching brought with it surprisingly satisfying popping in her joints. She took a moment to fold and smooth out her bedding, taking a look around her room for the sake of sentimentality before going through the process of donning her armor and cloak with practiced ease. After securing her blade to her waist, she grabbed her pack and supplies and entered the room Eleanora was dining in.

"Good morning, ma'am. Slept well, I hope?" The Dragonborn smiled as she took a bun of her own. "My clan seemed quite happy to dote on you last night. I hope they didn't make you uncomfortable when they offered you all that food. They sometimes forget that other races aren't quite as... physically dense as us."

Eleanora grinned at her as she mentioned the enormous meal Valyassa’s family had offered her the previous night. She had not expected to be treated in such a friendly manner, but the Dragonborn family had treated her as though she was one of their own. The sensation had been almost comforting, and while she hardly knew any of the people with whom she had conversed, she felt a sliver of the feeling she felt when she was in her own house. Her own house was not nearly as noisy or big, however.

“Heh...I’ll never feel uncomfortable with lots of food, you don’t have to worry about that,” she responded, as she sat at the table and stared out the window at the city around them. Barrfhionn was enormous, and even in the early morning she could hear the lively tune of chattering peasants, befuddled farm animals, excited merchants, and clopping horses. A tune with which she was very familiar. “...So who do you think would kidnap a princess? Some angry prince who got turned down because he’s no good?” she inquired.
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 am

Oak Leif rubbed his goatee, stopped for a moment, then said turning his head slightly looking at Torac. "Good morning. It is good to see that the sun still rises and even in the city, the birds sing. We go forth on a great journey today." The minotaur then snorts and shakes his head swatting away a fly.

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 am

After taking a moment to breathe in the crisp morning air, Valyassa thoughtfully turned her gaze to Eleanora once more as she mulled the question over. "Hmm... well, it wouldn't surprise me if it was indeed a spurned suitor. 'twould be akin to romantic tale gone horribly off the rails, but at the same time, I don't believe that a petty prince would want to risk the reputation of his realm or House through something so... drastic."

As she continued to munch on the bun held in her claws, the Dragonborn's bony brows furrowed. "It could also be some upstart looking to extort the throne through ransom, with the Bhaal cult being a cover story to frighten everyone involved. I may have gotten a bit out of the loop during my training and initial wanderings, though... has the Crown made any enemies of late?"
Last edited by Pax Dracon on Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse