NATION

PASSWORD

A Million Miles-A Dungeons and Dragons RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:12 am

Luminesa wrote:Seamus nodded, and smiled at them. "Well then! I shall bring all of you to him. I hope that you'll bear with me as I lead you to him. He may be a few minutes as well, he is often quite busy. If I explain that you wish to complete the special quest, however, then I believe he will probably answer you more quickly." He then turned and began to lead the group through the temple, down one of its vast hallways. Priests, clerics, scholars, and even some who looked like Wizards and such walked down the halls. As one of the biggest temples in the entirety of the world of Karthus, it was a marvel and an attraction for many. Eleanora found herself watching the passersby, though she ducked her eyes if she suspected anyone else was looking at her.

In the meantime, a priest informed Oak Lief, Mitarashi, and Torac that more adventurers had arrived with the High Cleric's secretary. As the other adventurers came down the hall, Eleanora noticed the others and raised an eyebrow. She did not expect to see another Elf, and she gave a small, knowing smile as she noticed the ears. She also noticed Mitarashi's snow-owl, and gasped. The small white owl was beautiful, and she almost got distracted from her original goal as she approached it. "...An owl...inside a building?...Is it someone's pet?" she inquired.

As she spoke to the owl, Seamus knocked on the door. "This is Seamus! The adventurers have arrived for the important quest on the notice-board!" he called.

A soft pause followed, and then the tucking of an old wooden chair against a wooden desk. "Give me a moment," Wilhelm called from inside. After a few seconds, he opened the door, and eyed the group. They were an odd bunch, but he was used to variety in the temple, and nodded. As they entered, they would have noticed a large, elaborate office. A detailed and orderly study lined the wall, with many ancient texts about a variety of scholarly things. His writing desk was covered in parchments, quills, and ink, as he had been busy writing letters and announcements. The furniture was grand, with a fanciful velvet rug, an enormous, elaborately-carved writing chair, a large, heavy, oak table, and paintings on the walls of various scenes from ancient texts about Eldath. Overall, the white, light-blue, ocean-blue, and midnight-blue colors in the room were soothing and peaceful, and one felt the presence of the goddess of peace in the room as they entered. "Come in, come in, and tell me of yourselves. I'd like to get to know all of you before I give the quest!" he requested, as he closed the door behind the large group.

Roric perked up as he heard the large group walk down the hall. They were a variety of races and from the looks of some, a variety of skill sets that may prove useful for the mission. The person that was leading the party of adventurers knocked on the door and a few the moments their potential employer opened it. He ushered everyone inside and then closed the door behind them. Roric made a note of why influential people always have big offices at that moment because he was surprised they could all fit inside.

Wilhelm asked them all of introduce themselves and a couple of the other adventurers did so. When there was a brief silence in the room, Roric took it as his turn to speak. "The name's Roric." he said in a slightly deeper voice thanks to his mask. "The only thing you really need to know about me is that I'm a bounty hunter and a professional one at that. If there's a job that needs to be done, then I get it done with only one question to ask. Now, how's the pay?"
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:19 pm

"I'm Ciril Teak, and this amazing lovely lady over here is the love of my life, Diomeda. Isn't she amazing, folks?" Ciril introduced himself when the High Cleric asked to hear about themselves, he put an arm around Dio's shoulders who laughed quietly and spoke up. "Like my adorable but overtly loquacious husband said, I'm Diomeda Hawkthorn-Teak. But most call me Di or Dio for short, we're adventurers like I assume that many of the people gathered here are. Originally we came here on vacation, but we spotted the sign on the temple and decided to check things out. I look forward to working with you all." She patted Ciril's arm affectionately and took in the crowd, which had seemed to grow even larger.
"We're from Neverwinter, so we came quite a long way!'' the talkative sorcerer added, but then sobered up when a mysterious man cut straight to the pay...he both internally praised and winced, the pay was important but you need to get people talking first before cutting straight to that.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:Seamus nodded, and smiled at them. "Well then! I shall bring all of you to him. I hope that you'll bear with me as I lead you to him. He may be a few minutes as well, he is often quite busy. If I explain that you wish to complete the special quest, however, then I believe he will probably answer you more quickly." He then turned and began to lead the group through the temple, down one of its vast hallways. Priests, clerics, scholars, and even some who looked like Wizards and such walked down the halls. As one of the biggest temples in the entirety of the world of Karthus, it was a marvel and an attraction for many. Eleanora found herself watching the passersby, though she ducked her eyes if she suspected anyone else was looking at her.

In the meantime, a priest informed Oak Lief, Mitarashi, and Torac that more adventurers had arrived with the High Cleric's secretary. As the other adventurers came down the hall, Eleanora noticed the others and raised an eyebrow. She did not expect to see another Elf, and she gave a small, knowing smile as she noticed the ears. She also noticed Mitarashi's snow-owl, and gasped. The small white owl was beautiful, and she almost got distracted from her original goal as she approached it. "...An owl...inside a building?...Is it someone's pet?" she inquired.

As she spoke to the owl, Seamus knocked on the door. "This is Seamus! The adventurers have arrived for the important quest on the notice-board!" he called.

A soft pause followed, and then the tucking of an old wooden chair against a wooden desk. "Give me a moment," Wilhelm called from inside. After a few seconds, he opened the door, and eyed the group. They were an odd bunch, but he was used to variety in the temple, and nodded. As they entered, they would have noticed a large, elaborate office. A detailed and orderly study lined the wall, with many ancient texts about a variety of scholarly things. His writing desk was covered in parchments, quills, and ink, as he had been busy writing letters and announcements. The furniture was grand, with a fanciful velvet rug, an enormous, elaborately-carved writing chair, a large, heavy, oak table, and paintings on the walls of various scenes from ancient texts about Eldath. Overall, the white, light-blue, ocean-blue, and midnight-blue colors in the room were soothing and peaceful, and one felt the presence of the goddess of peace in the room as they entered. "Come in, come in, and tell me of yourselves. I'd like to get to know all of you before I give the quest!" he requested, as he closed the door behind the large group.

Arnaud Mitarashi

As the diverse group of adventurers appeared, the monk got up from the chair and entered the nicely decorated office of the High Cleric. But before the quest was actually given, Wilhelm wanted them to present themselves, maybe to see if they were capable for the mission, maybe due to politeness, but... Wouldn't hurt to do what the man asked.

"Of course. I am Arnaud Mitarashi, former Komorebi monk, last apprentice of Master Mitarashi, and now a wanderer. And... the white owl outside is mine, yes. She accompanies me in my travels around the world since I left the monastery in Ao. It's a pleasure to meet you all."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 am

Inclining his head to acknowledge Arnaud’s narrative, Torac from the back of the group, caught Wilhelm’s eye.

‘My name’s Torac, I’m a contractor with the Messenger’s Guild but also free lance explorer and adventurer with an interest in legends, lore and artefacts. Some folks pigeon hole me as a rogue, Sir, but I assure that I’m anything but that. I just happen to have picked up a few roguish skills during my time with the guild.’

With the briefest of flashed smiles he let Wilhelm know that he’d said his piece. Waiting for the next adventurer to speak up he winked at Valyassa in response to her comment on the city streets.
Last edited by Allied Wessex on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

"Eleanora Windwheel...I'm uhhhh...I'm a Wizard, and I like adventuring...soooo...I guessed this would be an interesting adventure?" Eleanora answered, a little uncertain about how much information she should give this man. She paused for a moment, and she looked around the massive study. The number of books in High Cleric Wilhelm's library was staggering, and she wished she could just sit in the library and read all of his books. However, she was wanted for a purpose, and the sensible and just part of her wanted to fulfill that purpose.

The High Cleric had worry sketched into every line of his face. He examined the group closely, and one could see that he hoped he could trust them. After a few moments, he turned away and walked to his desk. He pulled out an envelope, and then he opened the envelope with a solemn stare toward the group. He then began to read the letter, which was scrawled messily on a crumpled piece of parchment:
"Greetings, High Cleric.

I hope this letter finds you well. I sent several letters before this, but I did not receive a reply to several of them, and I fear that their carriers met an unfortunate fate in the Pale Desert. I do not know if this is a fruitless endeavor, but I have little else to do with my time than to write letters and to hope I am found by some rescuer. These villains have me locked away in almost pure darkness constantly, except for when they summon me for...unknown purposes. They have asked me many questions, but they have yet to reveal what they want with me. From what I have heard from their faint conversations, I now know I am somewhere in the eastern forests, but I cannot give more information.

Please send someone soon. I am afraid. They feed me and clothe me, but I fear they have nefarious plans for me. They talk of holding other girls hostage, but I have never seen them. I hope for them to be saved too. I will try to send more letters when I can sneak more scraps of paper and a quill or two.

Sincerely,
Princess Aine Dahlia Goldenleaf"

The High Cleric looked up, and then looked around the room. "...Our brave princess, the Princess of Barrfhionn, Princess Aine, has been kidnapped. We believe she was kidnapped while she was traveling with a party to the harbor town of Wellwood, in order to bless some of the boats which were heading for sea. She is a Cleric, after all, and a worshipper of Eldath, the goddess of peace and waters. The party who kidnapped her possibly is a group of worshippers of Bhaal. Thus we are very worried for her safety. I know some of you are wondering about the reward for the completion of this quest as well, if you are not interested in this quest at this point." He put down the letter, and then pulled out a small scroll. He opened it, and read it. "125 platnium pieces, 500 gold pieces, 300 silver pieces, and 150 copper pieces, to start. In edition, as treasures to keep, we will give the Carpet of Flying, a Folding Boat, a Fortitude Ioun Stone, and a Manual of Bodily Health. If those do not please you, then we will offer whatever treasures you like. But you must bring the princess back...alive." He gave a stony look around the room. "...Do you understand?"
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Oak Lief eyes lit up, he had never had a gold piece of his own. It all went to his family. He stroked his goatee which was bright red. He knew nothing of this Eldath or even of the temple he was at. He knew that he was hungry.

"I hear that there is gold. These other things they are very odd. A boat, a stone, a book, maybe they would hold others attention. I would have some food for the road, a good traveling cloak which I can sleep on, a stout length of rope, and some coins for our travel. If you pay gold which I once saw and platinum, it is enough for me to seek after this woman whether she is a princess or a priestess. I am a maze warrior. It is hard when your people are taken against their will. Once the skeleton men held sway over our people, now they are no more. The price is right for me to free this woman. I would see a platinum piece, I have never seen one of those. Also, is there anything to eat around here? Some cheesedip would be good." He pats his belly.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am

Luminesa wrote:"Eleanora Windwheel...I'm uhhhh...I'm a Wizard, and I like adventuring...soooo...I guessed this would be an interesting adventure?" Eleanora answered, a little uncertain about how much information she should give this man. She paused for a moment, and she looked around the massive study. The number of books in High Cleric Wilhelm's library was staggering, and she wished she could just sit in the library and read all of his books. However, she was wanted for a purpose, and the sensible and just part of her wanted to fulfill that purpose.

The High Cleric had worry sketched into every line of his face. He examined the group closely, and one could see that he hoped he could trust them. After a few moments, he turned away and walked to his desk. He pulled out an envelope, and then he opened the envelope with a solemn stare toward the group. He then began to read the letter, which was scrawled messily on a crumpled piece of parchment:
"Greetings, High Cleric.

I hope this letter finds you well. I sent several letters before this, but I did not receive a reply to several of them, and I fear that their carriers met an unfortunate fate in the Pale Desert. I do not know if this is a fruitless endeavor, but I have little else to do with my time than to write letters and to hope I am found by some rescuer. These villains have me locked away in almost pure darkness constantly, except for when they summon me for...unknown purposes. They have asked me many questions, but they have yet to reveal what they want with me. From what I have heard from their faint conversations, I now know I am somewhere in the eastern forests, but I cannot give more information.

Please send someone soon. I am afraid. They feed me and clothe me, but I fear they have nefarious plans for me. They talk of holding other girls hostage, but I have never seen them. I hope for them to be saved too. I will try to send more letters when I can sneak more scraps of paper and a quill or two.

Sincerely,

The High Cleric looked up, and then looked around the room. "...Our brave princess, the Princess of Barrfhionn, Princess Aine, has been kidnapped. We believe she was kidnapped while she was traveling with a party to the harbor town of Wellwood, in order to bless some of the boats which were heading for sea. She is a Cleric, after all, and a worshipper of Eldath, the goddess of peace and waters. The party who kidnapped her possibly is a group of worshippers of Bhaal. Thus we are very worried for her safety. I know some of you are wondering about the reward for the completion of this quest as well, if you are not interested in this quest at this point." He put down the letter, and then pulled out a small scroll. He opened it, and read it. "125 platnium pieces, 500 gold pieces, 300 silver pieces, and 150 copper pieces, to start. In edition, as treasures to keep, we will give the Carpet of Flying, a Folding Boat, a Fortitude Ioun Stone, and a Manual of Bodily Health. If those do not please you, then we will offer whatever treasures you like. But you must bring the princess back...alive." He gave a stony look around the room. "...Do you understand?"

Roric sat in silence while he listened to the letter. At first, he didn't see the importance of some random distress letter. What was the big deal about a couple girls going missing? Then it hit him when the High Cleric read who it was from. Saving the princess would be worth his weight in gold and he'd probably get some clearance around here for more personal business. It wasn't until Wilhelm read out the reward for the princess's return that Roric composure was broken, luckily his mask hid that. 125 platinum was enough to set him up for life, the rest even more so, and all those treasures were just the icing on the cake.

Out of principle, Roric never betrays his employer unless the next contract manages to beat the price. Fortunately for the High Cleric and the princess, Roric would find it pretty hard to find anyone able to outbid them here. Of course there's also the matter of the group that he might have to "share" the reward with. Most of them seemed like they were willing to help for the sake of it, but they still wouldn't turn down the reward if offered. From the sound of the letter, the mission might be dangerous enough to were accidents could cause casualties. For right now, Roric was more focused on completing the mission, then he'd figure out what to do about the reward.

"Alright, you can count me in on this. We're going to need a little more information though if we're going to proceed. You said the princess was on her way to Wellwood, that gives us a starting point but we'll still have a lot to search. We can't exactly go looking around for followers of Bhaal and expect them to stay put or not kill the princess. Was there anyone specific in Wellwood that the princess was meeting? How many guards were escorting her? Knowing that would give us a rough estimate of how many kidnappers there were."

While Roric asked all this, there was still something bugging him. Why would this mission be entrusted to a bunch of random adventurers? Why not get the kingdom's soldiers to take care of this and forgo such an expensive rescue mission? Something didn't settle right with him but it was probably nothing.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:30 am

Valyassa began pacing about near the door, quietly going over the contents of Aine's letter as her cheerful grin twisted into a concerned frown. She clenched her fingers tightly for a moment, the metal gauntlets softly creaking.

"Bhaal..." she hissed finally. "How has the Lord of Murder returned? My fellow initiates and I all believed him to be slain. Why would they do this? Do they not realize that should the Princess come to harm, they risk the wrath of the nation falling upon them? Forgive me, Your Grace, but I care not for reward in this matter. Not when a being such as Bhaal is regaining a foothold in this world. I swear to you as a Paladin of the Platinum Lord that I shan't let Her Majesty come to harm."

She turned to look at the other adventurers, her concern and anger giving way to an optimistic confidence. "You can count me in, sir, since your cause seems just. What say you, friends?"
Last edited by Pax Dracon on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 am

Bycrest wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Eleanora Windwheel...I'm uhhhh...I'm a Wizard, and I like adventuring...soooo...I guessed this would be an interesting adventure?" Eleanora answered, a little uncertain about how much information she should give this man. She paused for a moment, and she looked around the massive study. The number of books in High Cleric Wilhelm's library was staggering, and she wished she could just sit in the library and read all of his books. However, she was wanted for a purpose, and the sensible and just part of her wanted to fulfill that purpose.

"Greetings, High Cleric.

Sincerely,

Roric sat in silence while he listened to the letter. At first, he didn't see the importance of some random distress letter. What was the big deal about a couple girls going missing? Then it hit him when the High Cleric read who it was from. Saving the princess would be worth his weight in gold and he'd probably get some clearance around here for more personal business. It wasn't until Wilhelm read out the reward for the princess's return that Roric composure was broken, luckily his mask hid that. 125 platinum was enough to set him up for life, the rest even more so, and all those treasures were just the icing on the cake.

Out of principle, Roric never betrays his employer unless the next contract manages to beat the price. Fortunately for the High Cleric and the princess, Roric would find it pretty hard to find anyone able to outbid them here. Of course there's also the matter of the group that he might have to "share" the reward with. Most of them seemed like they were willing to help for the sake of it, but they still wouldn't turn down the reward if offered. From the sound of the letter, the mission might be dangerous enough to were accidents could cause casualties. For right now, Roric was more focused on completing the mission, then he'd figure out what to do about the reward.

"Alright, you can count me in on this. We're going to need a little more information though if we're going to proceed. You said the princess was on her way to Wellwood, that gives us a starting point but we'll still have a lot to search. We can't exactly go looking around for followers of Bhaal and expect them to stay put or not kill the princess. Was there anyone specific in Wellwood that the princess was meeting? How many guards were escorting her? Knowing that would give us a rough estimate of how many kidnappers there were."

While Roric asked all this, there was still something bugging him. Why would this mission be entrusted to a bunch of random adventurers? Why not get the kingdom's soldiers to take care of this and forgo such an expensive rescue mission? Something didn't settle right with him but it was probably nothing.

High Cleric Wilhelm first turned to Roric as he spoke, and frowned knowingly. “She had twelve guards traveling with her. We know that they did not kidnap her, if that is what you are wondering. The group was ambushed, and all of the guards were killed. I was told this in the first letter the princess sent me. As for Wellwood, she was going to meet with the sailors in the shipyard. This was...routine, really, as Wellwood is only two days away from us. When the boats were able to make long travels to Ao, or to other towns across the water, she would go to them and give them Eldath’s blessing. The fact that she was kidnapped this time was horrifying, and came to us as a surprise,” he explained.

He then turned to Oak Lief, who had indicated among other matters that he was hungry. “If you would like food, young sir, the kitchens on the left-hand side of the chapel serve food to the poor and to adventurers from about sunrise to sundown. The food is free and is usually quite tasty. I’ve never heard too many complaints about it,” he told the large Minotaur, chuckling as he listened to the honest, earnest way he spoke.

He then answered Val, who was enraged that Bhaal was alive. He gave her a grave nod. “...These kidnappers may worship Bhaal himself, or the memory of the god. I have never had the unfortunate experience of meeting such a horrific deity, and I did not ask for specifics about the religious practices of those who kidnapped the Princess. Bhaal’s followers are universally quite horrific people, often using blood-sacrifices to please their bloodthirsty god. I am grateful for your dedication to saving our dear Princess, and I pray Eldath will guard you as her own childfen.”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:26 am

Today considered the letter and the subsequent conversation. Though hostage rescue wasn’t his speciality, the idea of young women being held against their will didn’t sit well with him at all. Yet. Yet, something didn’t feel quite right. Her Higness, the Princess, had claimed that she was kept in pure darkeness except when summoned and yet somehow she had managed, not only to write these these notes but also to source a carrier for them under the noses of the kidnappers.

Other things niggled him as well. Torac considered his next words carefully. ‘Sir, would an elite unit of the Royal guard not be better suited to undertake a rescue attempt? Also I wonder if any contact has been made by the kidnappers such as to make a demand or some such?’

Chrominus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrominus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

Pax Dracon wrote:Valyassa began pacing about near the door, quietly going over the contents of Aine's letter as her cheerful grin twisted into a concerned frown. She clenched her fingers tightly for a moment, the metal gauntlets softly creaking.

"Bhaal..." she hissed finally. "How has the Lord of Murder returned? My fellow initiates and I all believed him to be slain. Why would they do this? Do they not realize that should the Princess come to harm, they risk the wrath of the nation falling upon them? Forgive me, Your Grace, but I care not for reward in this matter. Not when a being such as Bhaal is regaining a foothold in this world. I swear to you as a Paladin of the Platinum Lord that I shan't let Her Majesty come to harm."

She turned to look at the other adventurers, her concern and anger giving way to an optimistic confidence. "You can count me in, sir, since your cause seems just. What say you, friends?"

"I am not certain how long it will be that the princess will survive, but I promise to bring her back if able." The look on Kesse's face was grim. "I will not require the reward, but I will try my best to aid this group in saving your princess." Kesse begins to lightly tap her gauntlet, as if calling upon aid from the Sentinel God. "I am in quite the same mind as my companion in this matter. They are breaking the law of the land, and that requires retribution in great measure. I pledge my hammer to this cause."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm

“An elite team would seem much better, would they not?” High Cleric Wilhelm repeated, giving a knowing look toward Torac. “We did send a group, five of our best. We have not heard from them in several weeks. We cannot presume them all dead, yet, as we have no evidence that they are dead. This will be a part of your mission as well, though whether or not you find them does not determine whether or not you will receive your reward. Though if you do find them, we will be greatly appreciative and may add to your reward...provided the princess comes home with you alive,” he explained. He gave a look to Kesse as he spoke, as she had stated she was not sure if they could bring her back alive.

“I do not wish to send the group of you out if you believe you cannot find her and bring her back alive. She is in the line of succession for our kingdom, and is important to the country’s morale. I also do not wish for the group of you to be unnecessarily harmed. I see two of you are a new couple. You have long lives ahead of you. If at any point you feel this adventure is too difficult, we shall give it to another group. If you are willing to go forward, however, then you shall gather the necessary supplies and leave today. If you are lacking the money to buy supplies, our temple shall supply it for you,” he warned. His elderly voice cracked just a little, though he kept a strong facade and did not allow fear to flood over him.
-Alan Jackson

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Luminesa wrote:“An elite team would seem much better, would they not?” High Cleric Wilhelm repeated, giving a knowing look toward Torac. “We did send a group, five of our best. We have not heard from them in several weeks. We cannot presume them all dead, yet, as we have no evidence that they are dead. This will be a part of your mission as well, though whether or not you find them does not determine whether or not you will receive your reward. Though if you do find them, we will be greatly appreciative and may add to your reward...provided the princess comes home with you alive,” he explained. He gave a look to Kesse as he spoke, as she had stated she was not sure if they could bring her back alive.

“I do not wish to send the group of you out if you believe you cannot find her and bring her back alive. She is in the line of succession for our kingdom, and is important to the country’s morale. I also do not wish for the group of you to be unnecessarily harmed. I see two of you are a new couple. You have long lives ahead of you. If at any point you feel this adventure is too difficult, we shall give it to another group. If you are willing to go forward, however, then you shall gather the necessary supplies and leave today. If you are lacking the money to buy supplies, our temple shall supply it for you,” he warned. His elderly voice cracked just a little, though he kept a strong facade and did not allow fear to flood over him.

BALTAZAR JANEK
The Study of High Cleric Wilhelm

It is now clear as to why I've been chosen by Ioun. Baltazar thought.

Baltazar had been silent for most of the conversation, with a stoic look upon his face and an eerily calm demeanor, but he spoke up in the same polite-yet-firm tone he had earlier.

"With Ioun, She-Who-Sees-Truth as my witness, I pledge myself wholeheartedly to this quest as well. However, if you don't mind, I request as much information as you have on the region where Her Highness was kidnapped, as well as on the history of nefarious deeds and insidious cults dedicated to the Lord of Murder; during my time spent cloistered in the Grand Library such infernal texts were highly restricted due to their profane and diabolic nature. Time is of the essence, after all, and this may illuminate the proper path for us to take to rescue the Princess and unveil whatever vile scheme these brutes have planned."
Last edited by The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm

“Dio, huddle!” Ciril motioned for his wife to come over to him, and they moved closely together slightly apart from the others after Cleric Wilhelm’s speech, lowering their voices to a whisper. “You think we should take it, Di? I mean, you heard what the High Cleric said...but somethin’ about this just don’t seem right to me. You?”
Dio’s face twisted in thought, and she fell silent for a bit. “I say we do it. I mean if something is off, we can take care of it. It wouldn’t be the hardest adventure we went on, and these people obviously need our help. Isn’t that what we do? Help people? I mean if you were kidnapped, I’d want help to find you.”

“I’m not as important as a princess though.”
“Don’t you ever say that! Of course you are, silly man! Even though you annoy me sometimes.” Ciril chuckled softly at that. “Anyway, I think we should take it. The old man seemed pretty sincere.”
“You’re right. I mean it could be a trap but on the flip, what if it really is somebody that needs our help?”
“Precisely. And the reward isn’t bad either.”
“We’ll definitely be comfortable for a good while. Okay, let’s do it.” They pulled apart and stood up, turning toward Wilhelm and Dio cleared her throat to speak. “High Cleric, we accept your quest.” The wizard adjusted her glasses and fished around for her spellbook...she may as well get some reading done before they head out.
“I second that notion.” Was all that Ciril said afterward, turning to examine a very interesting curio with one arm still around his wife’s shoulders.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 am

Oak Leif, "They know we are coming. Two groups were attacked. We must be prepared. But first I go to get some cheesedip and supplies. I will come back to the high clerics waiting room when I am done."

Oak Leif heads to the kitchen to get some hard tack and supplies. He has a meal first of bread, cheesedip, beans and rice, some vegetables, and some fruit. He begins his meal with a brief prayer, "Grandfather guide me in this strange land. Protect me from harm and my friends as well. Let me see clearly and bless my food." Then he eats. He takes out a pouch with seeds in it and puts in the extra seeds from what he has eaten. He lets the kitchen know he needs travelling food, dried fruit, oats, hard tack and a refill for his waterskin. He also asks for seeds from the kitchen garden. His family asked him to collect them to bring back. He adds tomato seeds, apple seeds, cucumber, cilantro, peas, pepper and parsley seeds to his pouch.

He then asks to see the keeper of the supplies. First he is directed to the lost and found. There are piles of old junk leftover or forgotten. In the back there is a very large room overflowing with old things that nobody has touched for a very long time. Dust coats a few old locked chests. There are some shelves with things on them. He picks up a flower pot and an old wooden puzzle then puts them back. He takes a length of rope, a mess kit, a small metal pot, a few pieces of chalk, some soap, a mace, a small shovel, a lodestone on a string, a bedroll, and a very large old travelers cloak with some pockets sewn on the inside. Then the attendant rushes in and says he was sent to the wrong place, he must go see the steward.

The steward takes him to a supply room with materials that you might find for any adventurer. He does not find much that is useful, a few torches and a flint and steel. The steward then looks in an account book with a variety of lists on it, checking off that Oak Lief has taken a flint and steel and torches. Then the steward opens the books and checks the ledger, "I see you are an adventurer in the employ of the temple. Put your mark down and I can give you a small stipend for the road, enough for three days pay. No more." Oak Leif takes a piece of charcoal and draws the runic characters for minotaur, leaf, and tree and surrounds them with a circle. The stewards says, "This will be taken from your total pay in the end." He takes six pieces of gold and hands them to Oak Leif. Oak Leif puts the six pieces in his pouch under his loin cloth.

The steward copies his name to the top of the blank page. Then he asks him what he took from the old cloak room and says that nobody has been in there for seven years. Oak Leif shows the steward, and the steward writes it down in his ledger. Then they walk back to the waiting room.

Oak Leif walks with the steward back to the clerics waiting room. He has a new bag in addition to his old one and he is wearing his green cloak.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 am

Krytun Sianri

"It is clear to what I should, Krytun thought. He had not spoken a word since meeting with the High Cleric, staying in the back of the group. Watching those that accepted the job and was surprised at the size of the reward for rescuing the princess. He has never seen that much money before and he guessed he should not be surprised at the amount considering it is the Princess of the Kingdom they rescuing. Though he wondered to what is in store for them if five of the best possibly failed and are dead. In addition with the culprits being worshippers of Bhaal, he was more worry about what they will will to do with the princess. Krytun walked out of the back and into the front of the group. "I accepted this quest to save the princess and my code makes so I must ask for modest reward instead of the whole amount". He spoke in a friendly but firm tone and bowed to the High Cleric. "I will make sure that he is returned safely and stop whatever these worshippers are planning for her".

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:46 am

UniversalCommons wrote:Oak Leif, "They know we are coming. Two groups were attacked. We must be prepared. But first I go to get some cheesedip and supplies. I will come back to the high clerics waiting room when I am done."

Waiting for the Minotaur to finish speaking Torac said, ‘I agree with Oak. One way or another they’ll know we’re coming so we need to be on our guard. We’ll need to keep our true objective as low key as possible to minimise our chance of discovery.’ He turned back to Wilhelm. ‘Sir, has anything been heard from the kidnappers?’

Pax Dracon
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pax Dracon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

As she put a halt to her pacing, Valyassa rubbed at her chin as she thought everything over. "Hmm... judging from the sounds of things, the Princess is likely being held in a location close to a settlement not far from where she was captured, which would explain how she and any other captives there may be are getting regularly clothed and fed. We would need to set out as soon as we are given food and supplies."

The tall Dragonborn turned her gaze towards the High Cleric. "If you can mark where she was last seen on a map, we can begin the search in earnest, Your Grace. I promise you, as a Paladin of the Justicemaker, that she will be brought home safely and these Bhaal worshipers shown the error of their ways."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:35 pm

He looked at Val and nodded, and walked toward a large map which hung on his wall, behind a gold frame. He pointed to an approximate location, a forest area to the east of Barrfhionn. “Wellwood is that way. However, our city does not lead directly into it. You have several ways you can take to reach Wellwood. You can go through the southern grasslands. You can also go through the western forest, which leads into the southwestern grasslands, which lead into the Pale Desert. The Pale Desert is full of many vicious creatures and mysterious treasures, and it is also most likely the place in which the Princess’s messengers lost some of her letters...and their lives. If you wish to search for the remains of our messengers and soldiers, in order to increase your reward, that is a good place to look. Once you have found them, you can report back to me.”

He also went to answer Torac’s question. “As for the kidnappers themselves, we have not heard anything from them. They do not wish to have any contact with us, and they do not have any set ransom. They seem intent on keeping her at any costs, either as a sacrifice or as something more nefarious...” He lowered his voice, and added, “Something which is only whispered about existing in the darkest corners of the earth...though it is more common than that...”

Eleanora was not pleased at the idea of having to go through a desert for this mission, but the reward would be worth whatever pains they put themselves through to get. She only hoped they would actually survive to find the princess first. “...What do you guys think?...I think the simpler path is better. Once we go to Wellwood and...get more information...then we can find the letters and the soldiers and stuff...but it’s whatever you guys wanna do, I just don’t like deserts...or sunlight in general...” she mumbled.
-Alan Jackson

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:24 pm

"Actually, this raises a good point." Roric spoke up again. "These messages have to have been fairly recent. So how is the princess sending them to you? She has to have a way of getting these out to someone or something in order to get these to you. That's got to be some sort of a lead we can follow up on. Who was the person that gave you the letter or what brought them to you. If it was a person, we can question them on how they came upon the letters. If it was magic then we're probably out of luck unless we could track it somehow."

Roric moved over to the map and studied the areas the High Cleric pointed out. "If there's no direct route in the first place, going the longer way may give us an advantage. We'd be a little more pressed for time but then the kidnappers won't know when we're coming. This gives us the element of surprise that we'll really need for this mission. I've been on hostage rescue missions before, once we're on site, we'll have to act fast but before then we'll need all the information we can get. If we have a chance to find the messengers and soldiers in the Pale Desert then we need to take it."

RP Sample

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 am

Bycrest wrote:"Actually, this raises a good point." Roric spoke up again. "These messages have to have been fairly recent. So how is the princess sending them to you? She has to have a way of getting these out to someone or something in order to get these to you. That's got to be some sort of a lead we can follow up on. Who was the person that gave you the letter or what brought them to you. If it was a person, we can question them on how they came upon the letters. If it was magic then we're probably out of luck unless we could track it somehow."

Roric moved over to the map and studied the areas the High Cleric pointed out. "If there's no direct route in the first place, going the longer way may give us an advantage. We'd be a little more pressed for time but then the kidnappers won't know when we're coming. This gives us the element of surprise that we'll really need for this mission. I've been on hostage rescue missions before, once we're on site, we'll have to act fast but before then we'll need all the information we can get. If we have a chance to find the messengers and soldiers in the Pale Desert then we need to take it."

“I have not seen the person who has been bringing the letters from her.” He gave a frown and thought for a moment. “...I imagine that she has possibly befriended a guard who has been sneaking them to Barrfhionn, or one of her ladies-in-waiting perhaps has been giving them to someone. But I do not know how she is reaching us. I received this letter this morning from Seamus, who has not left the temple in quite some time. You would be better asking him how he received the letter. I only know that the seal on handwriting is indeed that of the princess and is not being forged.”

He looked over at the map as Roric spoke, and nodded as he gave his ideas. Eleanora grimaced in the background, but given Roric had more experience than her, she figured she might as well listen to him. “...If you think that will keep them from knowing where we’re going...then okay...But we’ll have to bring a ton of water so we don’t die in the desert,” she warned.
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Oak Leif came into the room with the steward. He quietly sat down. He was looking at the map intently. He had never seen such a big map. He was looking at the mountains and the forests. It was very distracting to him. The only word he heard because he was not listening that much was desert.

Allied Wessex
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Wessex » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Speaking to the group as a whole Torac said, ‘during my time with the Messenger’s Guild I’ve spent some time in desert environments.’ Pointing at the map he added, ‘truthfully, nothing as extensive as this but I’ve certainly had to survive in the wilderness before.’

He scanned the group before continuing. ‘The desert is an unforgiving opponent and to survive I suggest that we carry only essential items, and then work as a team and do our best to even out the load equitably. The group will only be as quick as its slowest member and so it makes sense for us to assist one another. As I alluded earlier. I do have some exposure in wilderness survival and so I should be able to have a decent stab at finding food and water...’ He turned to Wilhelm, ‘even so Sir, I should like to request dried rations, several full water skins and cotton travelling robes as well as some cure light wound potions.’

Turning back to the group he said, ‘of course if any of you have any useful magic....magic....’ He onece more faced Wilhelm, ‘you mentioned a flying carpet....’

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Allied Wessex wrote:Speaking to the group as a whole Torac said, ‘during my time with the Messenger’s Guild I’ve spent some time in desert environments.’ Pointing at the map he added, ‘truthfully, nothing as extensive as this but I’ve certainly had to survive in the wilderness before.’

He scanned the group before continuing. ‘The desert is an unforgiving opponent and to survive I suggest that we carry only essential items, and then work as a team and do our best to even out the load equitably. The group will only be as quick as its slowest member and so it makes sense for us to assist one another. As I alluded earlier. I do have some exposure in wilderness survival and so I should be able to have a decent stab at finding food and water...’ He turned to Wilhelm, ‘even so Sir, I should like to request dried rations, several full water skins and cotton travelling robes as well as some cure light wound potions.’

Turning back to the group he said, ‘of course if any of you have any useful magic....magic....’ He onece more faced Wilhelm, ‘you mentioned a flying carpet....’

“The Magic Carpet is a reward that you will receive if you bring the Princess back safely,” he answered. He smiled at his requests, however, and sensed that Torac was a clever soul. He nodded. “I can have these items provided for you. I will ask Seamus to bring them from storage. If all of you work together, I believe you all will have a decent chance at success,” he implied.

Eleanora gave Torac a relieved look. While she had traveled for a long time, she was never the most practical traveler. She knew that traveling in a desert dressed almost fully in black, however, was not the most pragmatic of choices. Thus she was especially grateful that she would receive cotton traveling robes. “...I can’t think of much else we would need...I think all of us have weapons and magic...in case we get attacked or something...Though I hope we...don’t have to do much fighting...” she mumbled to Torac.

High Cleric Wilhelm called for Seamus once again, and the skittish Cleric ran to get the requested supplies. Seamus soon returned, along with a few other Clerics, who all brought the items into the room. They left as soon as they came, and the High Cleric looked back to the group. “Well...if that is all you need, you would do best to leave tomorrow morning. You can lodge here, as we have spaces for lodging for those without homes. They are a little crowded, but I think you will at least be able to sleep. I wish all of you the best of luck, and every blessing of Eldath, who surrounds those who protect the lives of the vulnerable, the frightened, and the despairing with peace.”
-Alan Jackson

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Oak Leif scratched his head and then said, "You are priests, do you not do the rain dance to fill the well and water the crops. I have seen them at the harvest festival bless the waters in the name of the ancestors. Is this not true of you as well. This is something to puzzle over. I go to practice the bulls dance before I sleep."

Oak Leif finds an open space. He proceeds to do a series of acrobatic back and forward flips in the air to the four directions, then charges to the four directions. This is followed by rolls, somersaults, and leaps in a circle, then back, forth, and sideways dance steps with handstands and walking on his hands. He works up a thorough sweat before heading off to find a place to sleep.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse