NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Barratistan wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well. it's your choice. But i suggest being someone that can actually take part in the whole inheritance crisis thing. You don't need to be a noble, just someone that might be able to even do something, even if it's as simple as being a random mercenary leader who works for an noble in the very likely case that there's a civil war

Pretty much described nicely.

Btw hope OP accepts your app, 'cause we need it so I torment someone :roll:

for that reason alone do i want to make my app good
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:03 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Alperen Kememli-Ozbey, Lord of Sogudere, Lord of Dugodir, Chieftain of Kememli and those under Sogudere, Blood-Captain of the Iron-Faced Ones
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality: While Alperen may be brash and not very diplomatically gifted, he is a man of honour. He swears to live by most of his moral code, and to protect his family and his lands. Almost never does he break his personal rules, and whatever he does break, he attempts to make amends for it, if he sees it fit. Because of his actions and his integrity, he is beloved by his fellow soldiers and his citizens. Although he is mostly in the right morally, his confidence in his own judgement and honour sometimes goes too far, and sometimes makes unfair decisions which he believes are right because he says so. He is also ambitious, seeking to expand his realm-within-a-realm, though he knows that this is a difficult task.

Skills: Alperen is a very skilled horseman, being born into a life where one is trained to ride horses when as young as possible. He is also very proficient with a lance, and although he is able to perform horse archery well, he is not the best at it. As a warrior, he is also trained in sword-fighting, and his battlefield prowess shows during battle. In terms of ruling land, he is not incompetent, though he does keep a circle of advisors with him before making any important decisions, and likes to delegate some day-to-day tasks to some people inside of his close circle.

House: Lord of House Kememli
Loyalties: As of currently, Alperen and House Kemenli do not openly express what they feel about House Regine's end and the rise of House Carnifex. Internally, they also don't have much to say, but they fear that Lord Carnifex's ruthlessness, cruelty, convenient position for power, and the rumours surrounding him cannot be good for the empire if he rules. Again, though, this opinion is rather minor, and so, for now, they stay out of that.

Biography:
Alparen Kememli, son of Aslan Kememli and Maya Ozbey, was born into the Chiefdom of Kememli, where some of the Omuler people reside. The Omuler people have had an interesting history, spanning the rise of their own smaller nations, into Omuleran (the land of the Omuler), until its downfall and integration into the Terran Empire. But this is not about the Omuler, is it? From a young age, Alparen was trained to be a warrior, in accordance to Omuler tradition. At a young age of 4, his father began training him to ride horses, and at age 6, he began archery. When he was older, he picked up the lance and the sword, practicing on straw dummies and with other boys of his age and men in his father's Blood-Company.

As Alparen grew, he thought he was only going to inherit Kememli. Kememli was only a small village, with a mixture of houses and traditional tents. There, Alparen knew that, although his life would be insignificant in the grand scheme of things, he would be safe. He would be able to protect his family, protect his people, and serve the lord who ruled over him: the lord of Sogudere. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do much in his life, but he came to accept that easily. That changed, though, when the lord of Sogudere died without an heir, and the lordship fell upon his father.

**NOTE: SKIP THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ HOW THE HOUSE KEMEMLI ACQUIRED SOGUDERE. (there's a note further down saying where to continue

When the lord of Sogudere died, he had not left behind any children. His parents were long gone, and he had no nieces or nephews. The only two potential successors were his brother and sister; the sister was married off to a local lord, and the brother was banished for attempting to overthrow the lord. This, of course, did not help the succession issue at all. Immediately, many chiefs under the realm of Sogudere began to plan, and everyone knew that only one chief could rule Sogudere in the end. After several months of fighting and diplomacy, only four people would be seen as the potential ruler of Sogudere and the lands under it. The first was Alparen's father, Aslan, who had gained the trust of many chiefs and called in many favours to gain support. This did not mean he was not ferocious on the battlefield, though, as he had also defeated other chiefdoms as well. The second was another chief who ruled the Chiefdom of Gele. Gele was the largest Chiefdom, and many people believed that they would rise to power, but unlike Alparen, the chief of Gele was not popular with the other chiefs. He was strong in battle, both in numbers and skill, but that was all he was good at. He crushed his opposition force, and burned down those who were especially unruly. The third and fourth were the previous lord's siblings. Although they were technically more legitimate, the chiefs would not let a banished man nor a lady from (now) another dynasty. The most decisive battle of the conflict was at Sogudere itself.

Although Sogudere had already fallen into the hands of the Chiefdom of Gele, there were still three other contenders for the throne. After hearing of his brother's death, the brother to the previous lord of Sogudere tried to curry favour with lords and would soon raise an army with what wealth he had left. The sister begged her husband to ride for Sogudere, and although the husband initially did not want to involve himself in a neighbouring lord's quarrel, he soon realised that holding a second, stronger and wealthier realm would be beneficial in the long run. And so, at the outskirts of Sogudere, three armies met. Although the brother had the largest army with him, he was a fool on the battlefield, and through a series of bad assaults, he had lost most of his men. The sister's army was doing well as she and her husband were both able to command well, but in a large volley of arrows, her husband was fatally wounded. The sister's army's morale dropped, and it was apparent that the Chiefdom of Gele would win the battle, but Aslan's army soon appeared. Aslan and his Blood-Company, along with the Blood-Companies and armies of his and the other chiefdoms, charged towards the battlefield. The cannon-like sounds of the horses' hooves stomping on the ground and the roars of men approaching the two weary armies was frightening, and it didn't end well for them. The brother and his men were all killed, and the sister along with a few of her soldiers were able to escape, only to never return. Sogudere was taken swiftly, and the few chiefs who had joined Gele defected. After realising the odds against him, the chief of Gele would accept Aslan as his lord, and so Aslan became lord of Sogudere.

**NOTE: CONTINUE HERE**

Now, Alparen would be looking towards a stronger, more open, and more ambitious future. Sugodere was (in its area) relatively strong. Quickly, Aslan launched an offensive against the weakened and weaker duchy of Dugodir, and citing revenge as his reason of war (which is reasonable in Omuler culture), his invasion was swift and successful, though the new chiefs under his rule were not happy. When his father died (only one year prior to him becoming 32), he was left with a strong realm of his own. It was under Terran rulership, of course, but it was still strong for him. With a group of warriors he knew from when he was younger appointed as his Blood-Company, and world to take on, Alparen will have to face the tribulations of ruling over angry chiefs and whatever his goals may have in store for him.

RP Example: (3, minimum, unless I know you)
#SeizeTheThrone

man the bio went from the guy to a small history on the Realm of Sogudere. dunno if that's good or not. Also, I dunno if fighting within the empire is allowed (e.g. two lords fighting with each other to try and take over each other's land). If not, then I can edit this, but of course whatever needs to be fixed will be fixed.

i need to sleep. this app was probably abysmal, but ill find out tomorrow
Last edited by Rannoria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:12 pm

damn, dude looks like a Cuman but have to say I am impressed

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Barratistan wrote:damn, dude looks like a Cuman but have to say I am impressed

Cuman? More like Cuckman amrite?
This post was made by the Magyar gang.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Posted.

Though they aren't exactly on good terms now, I get the feeling Siona and Grimm could have some great chemistry for future adventures. Their both skilled, intelligent and stoic (though Morr Grimm seems to be a lot more grumpy.) Plus, they don't take any shit.

I like to think they could be a pretty quality adventure duo.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:54 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:Posted.

Though they aren't exactly on good terms now, I get the feeling Siona and Grimm could have some great chemistry for future adventures. Their both skilled, intelligent and stoic (though Morr Grimm seems to be a lot more grumpy.) Plus, they don't take any shit.

Interesting perspective. Does sound nice
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Barratistan wrote:damn, dude looks like a Cuman but have to say I am impressed

ty

Yeah it's a cuman warrior (I think). When I was developing lore for Rannoria like a week ago, I saw these guys' armour and I thought, "Yeah, that looks pretty cool." So it kinda carries over. Initially I searched "Kipchak warrior", but they're apparently pretty similar.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 am

I feel like the Lesser Vampires were the Chaos warriors while the Deathwatch were the Chosen from Warhammer Fantasy during the time of the Night Kings. Big, heavily armoured, and armed with big giant axes, lances and shields that would ruin a person's day.
Last edited by Union Princes on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 am

posted again.

Fun times are ahead.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:00 pm

Tbh, I, quite frankly, haven't seen a reason to post.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Barratistan
Secretary

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Barratistan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tbh, I, quite frankly, haven't seen a reason to post.

We would wait for OPs direction so he can accept some pending apps whom quite frankly some have waited some time, so we can get a direction of the upcoming story focus rn for all of us. Nobility players whom are present at the capital are the ones currently holding the dice and start engulfing the realm into war. Until then we have to wait.

Btw I myself seeing very positively the Red Hand Order, it would be a great addition to the story on each own focus.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:42 pm

I'll probably post sometime in the next few days. I'm on holiday in another city, though, so it may take a bit.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tbh, I, quite frankly, haven't seen a reason to post.

Barratistan wrote:

We would wait for OPs direction so he can accept some pending apps whom quite frankly some have waited some time, so we can get a direction of the upcoming story focus rn for all of us. Nobility players whom are present at the capital are the ones currently holding the dice and start engulfing the realm into war. Until then we have to wait.

^This. That and honestly there are times where it is better to wait for a post rather than trying to create new stuff. But yeah some apps need to be dealt with.
The V O I D wrote:Apologies for my absence. College starts up again, soon; lots of IRL stuff to take care of. In the meantime, Khas is in charge.

I'll try to update the OOC as soon as I can, and as I have yet to post in the IC, I will likely pass on a copy of my IC post to Khas and ask her to post for me. Alternatively, I'll look into the IC and TG individualized responses for each of those who have interacted with Jonathan and are still waiting, while also providing Khas with the next plot-moving post. We'll see in the morning.

I understand perfectly mate.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Union Princes wrote:

posted again.

Fun times are ahead.

Responded.

I look forward to them.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:16 pm

And who are you, the Night King said,
That I must bow so low?
Only a throne of a different crown,
That's all the truth I know.
Of a crown of white or a crown of black,
A king still has his knights.
And mine are strong and fierce, oh lord.
As strong and fierce as yours
And so he boast and so he boast
The Night King of Ravyrnyra,
But now his knights feast on his lords
With no one left to serve
Yes now his knights feast on his lords

all serve the iron crown
Last edited by Union Princes on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Union Princes wrote:And who are you, the Night King said,
That I must bow so low?
A king still has knights.

all serve the iron crown

KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH!
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Posted again.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Union Princes wrote:And who are you, the Night King said,
That I must bow so low?
A king still has knights.

all serve the iron crown

KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH!

I bend the knee to the King In The North every time. Do you?

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:Posted again.

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH!

I bend the knee to the King In The North every time. Do you?

Posted, time for Siona to meet House Grimm.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:25 am

I will probably have posted my attack on the weird settlement-y thing by tomorrow evening. Just make sure no do-gooder Minutemen mark it on someone's map before we get there.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:55 pm

According to the OP, the following applications are tentatively accepted, and should be added to the roster tomorrow. Corresponding lore applications have not yet been reviewed, however, so if your app relies heavily on a not yet accepted lore app, I would recommend abstaining from posting until then. Otherwise, those who have been accepted feel free to post. VOID and I apologise for the delays, but it's been an unusually busy week for the both of us.
viewtopic.php?p=35146600#p35146600
viewtopic.php?p=35166291#p35166291
viewtopic.php?p=35171342#p35171342
viewtopic.php?p=35172082#p35172082
viewtopic.php?p=35174945#p35174945

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:03 am

Hurrah, posted.

Happy to have done that finally, after all of my bellyaching.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:52 am

Thanks! I look forward to taking part.
Hi my list of interests on my profile is too long and incomplete

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:19 am

Khasinkonia wrote:According to the OP, the following applications are tentatively accepted, and should be added to the roster tomorrow. Corresponding lore applications have not yet been reviewed, however, so if your app relies heavily on a not yet accepted lore app, I would recommend abstaining from posting until then. Otherwise, those who have been accepted feel free to post. VOID and I apologise for the delays, but it's been an unusually busy week for the both of us.

Hey, I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but if mine didn't get accepted, can I know what I need to fix?

Sorry to bug you if you're really busy, but I'd just like to know.
Last edited by Rannoria on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:41 am

Rannoria wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:According to the OP, the following applications are tentatively accepted, and should be added to the roster tomorrow. Corresponding lore applications have not yet been reviewed, however, so if your app relies heavily on a not yet accepted lore app, I would recommend abstaining from posting until then. Otherwise, those who have been accepted feel free to post. VOID and I apologise for the delays, but it's been an unusually busy week for the both of us.

Hey, I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but if mine didn't get accepted, can I know what I need to fix?

I apologise that I didn’t initially clarify this, but the other apps that have been submitted are currently awaiting reviewal, so there isn’t anything to correct just yet.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Rannoria wrote:Hey, I don't mean to be a pest or anything, but if mine didn't get accepted, can I know what I need to fix?

I apologise that I didn’t initially clarify this, but the other apps that have been submitted are currently awaiting reviewal, so there isn’t anything to correct just yet.

Oh, sorry about that.

Thanks for the news. Best of luck with the app reviewals!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse