NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Benuty wrote:For reference to what I mean by the name my application lists my characters title as "The State of the Meditative Jade". Keeper is essentially an honorific to the fact they keep i.e. meditate, and reign over the former Jaznaid empire from the Jade room. Which was formerly used as the throne of the empire until the submission.

I was referencing the draconian religion, not yours lol

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Seems i'm a wee bit late to the party, don't suppose theres room for a Mercenary band left?

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 pm

The Traansval wrote:Seems i'm a wee bit late to the party, don't suppose theres room for a Mercenary band left?

Theres always room, my dood, not Just for mercs but for anything

Mistolia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mistolia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Grand Mayor Tellerio Ulvanis the Greedy of Fulvast, Lord Provost of the Fulvast Marches, Lord Mayor of Ungrio, Princeps Publicanus, Patriarch of the House Ulvanis, Lord of Ulvanis and 13th Holy Knight of the Fulvast Scrolls
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance: Old, fat and greasy. Straggly combover hair atop a sallow and bloated face. A gouty, plump body, always bedecked in the richest clothing. Many fake teeth to replace those lost due to his rich diet.
Personality: Most know Tellerio by his greed. Completely unscrupulous, Tellerio has stopped at nothing to increase the wealth of himself and his house. Completely uncivil and impolite. His behaviour has made him very unpopular with almost everyone since his election (which he won largely by bribing the Serene Electoral Chamber). His greed has been satisfied largely by his cunning and intelligence - although no great genius, he is shrewd and knows a good business opportunity when he sees one.
Skills: Possession of the Vaults of the Grand Mayor of the City of Fulvast, which contain items of great wealth and many invaluable tomes.
House: House Ulvanis, a rich patrician family in the Grand City of Fulvast
Loyalties: Money, House Ulvanis, to an extent the Grand City of Fulvast
Biography:
Born in 12,292 AT to Lord Tellerio Ulvanis of Ulvanis and his wife Azalea, Tellerio grew up in luxury, scion of the richest house in Fulvast. Afforded the best tutors possible, Tellerio seemed bound to do well, and for the most part, he did. Tellerio learnt three languages, and gained a good understanding of mathematics, although he never showed any interest, or aptitude, for subjects such as Theology, Rhetoric or Philosophy. At sixteen, Tellerio was sent to the Throne-City to negotiate trade deals with merchants there, which he did so successfully that his father granted him charters to handle the House of Ulvanis' dealings in slaves and mining. It was in these trades that Tellerio became notorious for his vile and avaricious character.

In 12,320 AT, at the age of 28, Tellerio inherited the titles Lord Ulvanis of Ulvanis, Patriarch of the House Ulvanis, and Holy Knight of the Scrolls of Fulvast from his father, who had died in a riding accident. Tellerio quickly set about expanding his influence within the Grand City, not a hard job considering the wealth and power of the House Ulvanis. By 12,326 AT, Tellerio had ensured that the House Ulvanis had trade monopolies on more than half of goods that flowed through Fulvast. By this point he owned roughly 2,000 slaves. His power made him much resented throughout the city, however a system of bribes, extortion and threats meant that few dared to challenge him.

When the Grand Mayor died in 12,331, Tellerio quickly made sure that the Serene Electoral Chamber, composed of the highest officials in the city as well as some of the richest merchants (many of whom were on Tellerio's payroll) and the most important clergymen and military officers, voted for him, in what was criticised (by those who dared do so) as a completely unfair and illegitimate election based entirely on bribery and extortion. They were right. Tellerio used his mayoralty to enrich his house and himself, while enjoying the many trappings that power brought. A vast new palace was built in the centre of the city, by the main market square, which had a huge new statue of him placed at the centre.While Tellerio's businesses brought many riches to the city, the increasingly corrupt and autocratic government did not have popular support, and facing a popular revolt, in 12,340 AT, Tellerio announced that Fulvast would attack its age-old rival, Ungrio. The people's loyalty to Fulvast, and hatred of Ungrio, overpowered their hatred for Tellerio. With a large mercenary army, Tellerio conquered and sacked the City of Ungrio, declaring himself Lord Mayor of Ungrio. In the five years since this war, Fulvast has stagnated. Tellerio has become increasingly decadent, and has dedicated less and less time to actually governing. He has raised taxes to fund his extravagant lifestyle, while letting his own business, which had become the heart of Fulvast's economy, sit immobile. His position looks increasingly tenuous, and even some of his many children seem ready to turn against him.

RP Example: Most are from other websites:
-GameofThronesRP on Reddit
-EmuWarFlashbacks RP on Reddit
-Mock House of Commons on Reddit
-Newly arrived in 2017 British political simulation on this website
#SeizeTheThrone
Hi my list of interests on my profile is too long and incomplete

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:25 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:Got another IC post up.

Made a long response. Hope you like it.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Because of the new semester starting today at my college I will not be as active as I have usually been during most of the week

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:Got another IC post up.

Made a long response. Hope you like it.

I do like it.

I've made a long post as well to counter.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Mistolia wrote:~znoob~

Aha! Perhaps it could have been your area that started collecting Lizardfolk skins for clothing and from which my character fled. Your character coming to the throne would definitely explain the difference in policy towards the Lizardfolk.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Also, so no one has allowed me to sacrifice one of their small settlements, is it okay, OP and Co., for me to just invent a town and make the attack on it there? Or even to create a noble house to use just for that purpose?
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 pm

What's religion like in the various realms, by the way?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Benuty wrote:The entire basis for the religions existence is primarily due to the fact it focuses on inward reflection. The only noted antagonizers against the status quo are those who support the rise of a new Jaznaid empire. The religion itself is the reason the Jaznaids chose to submit to the Terrans in the first place. The 58th empress of the original dynasty rather than commit to a long, brutal, and pointless war submitted, and lived the rest of her days meditating. There is a reason the states official name is not based off a location, but rather an action.

Hey at least you don't have terrorists that dip themselves in oil and run around burning people claiming to be the prophets of Parvurst.

True.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 am

The Hierophancy wrote:What's religion like in the various realms, by the way?

I am actually curious of that myself.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 am

Benuty wrote:

Well, you can read about Mine on the Aurinia lore i posted together with my app. Im waiting It be reviewed since yesterday,really.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 am

Benuty wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing actually.

I was planning on making a lore post for a possible religion that people can follow, and which would probably be the most common religion of the Rosha people, but I dont think there is any one set religion.

Also, Im thinking of creating a second character, who can go on his own adventures separate from Siona.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 am

posted

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 am

THE ORDER OF THE RED HAND

The Order Of The Red Hand is an old, some say even ancient order of knights, warriors, mages and scholars who work to protect the common people from outside threats. They are loyal to no one but themselves and the people, a common line of questioning being “I what order do you serve,” with the proper answer being “the People, the Hand and then the Empire.” This is meant as a test of loyalties, as every member of the order is supposed to ut the needs of the people first, and the needs of any government last, with their own order occupying a place in between the other two.

Legend has it that they came into existence a long time ago through the actions of Vasilisa the Wise, Valentin the Deserter, Masha the Scholar and all being supported by the funds of Lord Leonid Spalasta. It is said that the three warriors were brought together by being hired by Lord Leonid to help him in ridding his lands of a dangerous witch who wished to grow so powerful as to consume the world and conquer the universe. Though most would agree that this account is likely no more than a myth, most agree that the central characters did likely exist in some capacity at one point, and that they are the original founders of the Order. Historians would say now that what most likely occurred was that the three knights errant, Vasilisa, Valentin and Masha were summoned by Lord Leonid to his castle to help him with issues surrounding bandits and gang related violence. After this was completed, they were taken under the banner of Lord Leonid, taking on his heraldry of a red hand over a field of blue, and began to take on followers who shared their goals of protecting the people of Leonids holdings. Eventually Leonid died, and his line ceased to exist, but his knights remained, and began to spread out into the world, with some remaining at his castle to protect it. Many made their lives protecting those they found who needed it, regardless of class, religion, race or creed. Often, these knights would form large bands of their own, and Castle Leonid began to grow with the influx of new recruits hoping to be trained.

However, no matter what the sayings, legends and true stories told about the Order, most now would agree that they are not quite what they once were. Though there is still a certain romance that surrounds the Order, they have increasingly become an army of thieves and beggars. Much like the Empire at large, many of the Knights of the Order feel that the Red Hand has become bloated and egotistical. There is an increasing divide between those who rule it, and those who serve it. It has also become a refuge for those of questionable background, as the Order will give new identities to those who would request it. However, whereas the old Order would put harsh punishments on those who would hurt innocents and walk a path opposite that of what the Order stands for, their current leadership oftentimes lets certain actions slide. This has created a culture that lets knights do as they please, without having to worry about repercussions or being punished for exploiting those they are supposed to protect.

However, there is still a significant portion of knights who stand for the people, then the hand, then the empire. These knights are a minority, but enough of one that if they chose to act they could cause significant havoc within the order before their more corrupt elements were able to respond. However, it increasingly seems as if the Order of the Red Hand will eventually crumble into civil war, with its more traditional followers talking of splitting and forming their own order, and leaving the Red Hand to continue down its own path of becoming a mercenary company rather than a force for good.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Fun fact: About 78% of Draconians support independence and about 89% of those are 'willing to enlist to the Draconian army to fight the Empire'. That means over 69% of our population would be willing to fight the Empire!
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Fun fact: About 78% of Draconians support independence and about 89% of those are 'willing to enlist to the Draconian army to fight the Empire'. That means over 69% of our population would be willing to fight the Empire!

Hold up

show us, not tell us.
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Fun fact: About 78% of Draconians support independence and about 89% of those are 'willing to enlist to the Draconian army to fight the Empire'. That means over 69% of our population would be willing to fight the Empire!

Hold up

show us, not tell us.

When I get back to Draconia I will. But this is just a note so that anyone who ascends to the throne will know there's a massive Draconian independence movement, and I might even be killed for opposing it.

EDIT: That is if I do.....*winks*
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Well, approximately how many Draconians are there? Maybe to counteract them seeming to be humans+ there would be much less of them, seeing that you did say it takes awhile for them to fully mature.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Zapatha wrote:Well, approximately how many Draconians are there? Maybe to counteract them seeming to be humans+ there would be much less of them, seeing that you did say it takes awhile for them to fully mature.

One might also note that the Draconian lore app has not yet been accepted, as I’ll need to discuss a few details with VOID. That might be a good suggestion, I’ll say.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Zapatha wrote:Well, approximately how many Draconians are there? Maybe to counteract them seeming to be humans+ there would be much less of them, seeing that you did say it takes awhile for them to fully mature.

About only 20 million in the entire former Draconian Empire - that's about the population of the Holy Roman Empire. Mind you, this area is about the size of Russia and Greenland combined, albeit much more inhospitable to humans. Also, we're not really humans+. If you put a Draconian, in say, Texas or Rome, they'll probably die of hyperthermia within a few minutes or hours depending on the season. They can only survive between -100C and 10C before dying of hyperthermia. Their body is extremely hot because of the conditions they evolved in, about double the temperature of a human, which is also why they have to eat several times more food.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

One might also note that the Draconian lore app has not yet been accepted, as I’ll need to discuss a few details with VOID. That might be a good suggestion, I’ll say.

See above
Please Watch

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Dude, 20 million is wayyyy too much tbh.

This is a medieval fantasy RP, and the entire population of Europe in 1350 was 70 million, even less so in the High Middle Ages. And if you're saying 69 percent would fight for Draconia, that's an army in the millions which is comparable to modern day superpowers, not medieval sized armies.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Zapatha wrote:Dude, 20 million is wayyyy too much tbh.

This is a medieval fantasy RP, and the entire population of Europe in 1350 was 70 million, even less so in the High Middle Ages. And if you're saying 69 percent would fight for Draconia, that's an army in the millions which is comparable to modern day superpowers, not medieval sized armies.

In comparison, my character (Duke Randyll's) forces number at around 70-80,000 and even then that would be stretching his coffers thin of money to fund arming, training, and feeding all of those fighters. It would be infeasible to do the same for millions of draconians with their apparently voracious appetites.
Last edited by Zapatha on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse