NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:By the way, would anyone like to interact with Kauashe? Conspirators who know a thing or two about her might like to secure some support from within.

I'm planning on sending a delegation of peasants who have been played to deliver goods they know nothing about to the imperial palace. When opened, it's the envoy uniform for Mako and all of the imperial flags from Atheo but it's all been destroyed. If you'd like, I can have then drop the items off for Kauashe?

Sure!

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:
I'm planning on sending a delegation of peasants who have been played to deliver goods they know nothing about to the imperial palace. When opened, it's the envoy uniform for Mako and all of the imperial flags from Atheo but it's all been destroyed. If you'd like, I can have then drop the items off for Kauashe?

Sure!

Sounds good. Let me take the dog for a walk and I'll get an IC post up. Poor fella got surgery on his leg and has been stuck in his kennel for weeks since he can't walk on it until now.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Has Montesqueiu been accepted yet?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Sure!

Sounds good. Let me take the dog for a walk and I'll get an IC post up. Poor fella got surgery on his leg and has been stuck in his kennel for weeks since he can't walk on it until now.

Poor dear...

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi! Is squirrel an acceptable fantasy species? I'm intrested in joining this RP.
bark, bark, I'm a squirrel
-Marshal of The Squirrel Island ran by Marshal I

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Macaroni Nigga wrote:
Marshal I wrote:Hi! Is squirrel an acceptable fantasy species? I'm intrested in joining this RP.

No, get lost.

ok lol

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Marshal I wrote:
Macaroni Nigga wrote:
No, get lost.

ok lol

That's a spammer. I'm a lowly Lizardperson, tending to my world domination (i.e: not a mod) but I cannie see why not.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Tasuirin wrote:
Marshal I wrote:ok lol

That's a spammer. I'm a lowly Lizardperson, tending to my world domination (i.e: not a mod) but I cannie see why not.

Anyone who can follow the standard set by their fellow rpers in the IC is welcome to join.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:25 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:~snope~

app

Marshal I
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marshal I » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:That's a spammer. I'm a lowly Lizardperson, tending to my world domination (i.e: not a mod) but I cannie see why not.

Anyone who can follow the standard set by their fellow rpers in the IC is welcome to join.

Ok. I know he's a scammer lol. (His name and nation give it away)
Hey, what should I put for RP examples, since I haven't done an RP to get examples from and I don't have ideas lol
will post my bio, gotta do homework

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Bla Ary wrote:

Poor feller. :(

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 pm

I am sorry that I have not posted yet - I recently moved and things went weird, and I almost forgot about this.

Anywhere a medic could suddenly land?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Marshal I wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Anyone who can follow the standard set by their fellow rpers in the IC is welcome to join.

Ok. I know he's a scammer lol. (His name and nation give it away)
Hey, what should I put for RP examples, since I haven't done an RP to get examples from and I don't have ideas lol
will post my bio, gotta do homework

If you don’t have any rps from this site, I think either giving us something else you’ve already written, or writing a few paragraphs(it can be anything; you can what you’d intend to be your opening post if you wanna kill two birds with one stone) and insert it there. The point of the examples is so we can weed out people who just aren’t right for the rp, so the main piece of advice I’ll give you is to look at the IC and apps, and see what other people are doing to give you an idea of what we’re aiming for. That said, even if you’re not sure you’re up to writing as much as us, you can always shoot me a telegram, or post in the OOC and ask for a hand.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

APPLICATION:

Name: Aedresh vi Jaznaid of house Jaznaid-Sein. The One-Hundredth keeper of the eternal throne of meditation for house Jaznaid-Sein. Ruler of the State of the Meditative Jade, maintainer of balance, and representative of the way.

Sex: Male.

Race: Human.

Appearance:

Personality: Despite the overwhelming responsibility that lies before this young man as well as thousands of years of the tradition he is somewhat rebellious. He is unlikely the only one in the course of thousands of years, but those in this state will most likely try to ensure conformity. The majority of those in the state of meditation expect the keeper to perform the required religious rituals and be the symbol of the state. Some want Aedresh to take increasing responsibility in the governance of the state or to even assume direct control as the first keepers did a long time ago. A minority of the governance of the state even want a return to an independent Jaznaid state ruled directly by an emperor like days of old before the submission to Terra.

Despite the fact he is rebellious against the limited expectations of what his life will be like he is somewhat naive. His recent attempts at entertaining government officials who want increasing autonomy have shaken the several-thousand-year-old socio-political machines which run the state. Aedresh despite his somewhat naive nature and rebelliousness against strict rite, and ritual does believe in his job, but simply wants reforms on how things are managed, and done. Though some misinterpret his idealism for an attempt to resurrect the Jaznaid glory of old and be more than the odd dog of the empire.

Skills: Though naive in political, and secular affairs due to the rigid standards, and expectations of his symbol. His family line throughout multiple generations has worked to perfect a magical force that focuses on serenity, peace, and enlightenment. As a result, the Jaznaids spend much of their free time honing art, poetry, dramas, theatre skills, and much more to honor this magical force that permeates the land. Address in particular spends much of his time outside of meditation on writing, and oratory skills.

House: Jaznaid-Sein, the eleventh house established in the honored legacy of the Jaznaid emperor.

Loyalties: Though officially under Terra the state of the Jaznaid's as it is unofficially known cares little for the growing political squabble. The Keeper and his Timeless Council are expected to worry more about enforcing the traditional religious rites they have carried for thousands of years through various houses that link back to the mytho-epic figure of Jaznaid. That said the more radical elements who want independence will simply wait for the growing throne crisis to worsen before simply leaving should they get their way.

Biography: The ancient lands that Aedresh was born in are despite being part of Terra a considerably old, and considerably strange place. Long ago two great rivers the Jaz, and the Naid birthed two empires that bickered for over a millennium expanding, retracting, and cycling over, and over. Eventually, the two empires collapsed and were reforged in conquest by a tribal warlord whose people fled their dying lands. Choosing to honor a new name for a new realm he chose Jaznaid, and thus lead to the birth of the Jaznaid people. Over time the role of conqueror gave way to the administrator, and eventually religious status symbol.

This was officially solidified under the 8th Jaznaid emperor until the 58th when Terra began a campaign of conquest and solidification. Rather than witness her peoples destruction the 58th Jaznaid empress chose instead to submit but chose a way around officially giving up the title of Empress. The Empress and the throne became two separate entities with the empress becoming the keeper, and the throne becoming the "eternal throne" to serve the will of the people. Know the state of the Jaznaids is often called the eternal throne or officially the State of the Meditative Jade. This is a reference to the fact the Keeper will spend a good portion of their reign meditating in the Jade room where the throne is.

The house of Jaznaid-Sein is the eleventh house that has risen up to honor the position of keeper, but the duties are primarily religious these days. The keepers become increasingly isolated over their lives in order to attain perfect meditation but are allowed to act out when they are younger in order to get it out of their system. Increasingly the government has deadlocked over what to do with Aedresh since he by now should be married, and raising children. Many sympathizers want him to take roles in increasingly secular affairs, but to the more diehard administrators, such a move is blasphemous.

They rightly see Aedresh as naive, but he has lived his entire life in the capital wanting for more. He wants to be more than the perfect image of a keeper meditating for days on end in the Jade room. While some want him to rule as well as reign over his people all Aedresh knows is wanting for more. He is much different from the outside rulers whom he believes merely desire power for its sake alone, but he is naive to much of the ways of the world. Aedresh must be careful about involving his people in foreign affairs too much could potentially destroy the very thing he wants to save.

RP Example:
I Wish I Wasn't in Dixie: Across the Way

#SeizeTheThrone
Last edited by Benuty on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 am

APPLICATION:

Name: Grand Prince Phílippos Karamanius Javinius Naravius of Aurinia, Protector of the West, Duke Of The Ivory Sea, Lord Of Karathia & The Palace Of Dusk
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Appearance:

Personality: The best word to describe Phílippos Javinius is charismatic. Since young, the Grand Prince has proved himself to have an extremely charming character, becoming beloved to his people. More than that, he is a patron of the intellectual arts, having built many libraries all around his land and written several books himself. Always active, the young noble has a history of being an persuasive negotiator, often attempting to convince useful people to do actions as to aid him in his objectives.
Skills:
Great Swordsmanship
Excellent Military Leadership
Governing/Management Mastership
Horsemanship/Horseback Combat
House:The Karamanai Dynasty
Loyalties: The Karamanai Dynasty and Aurinia in general has always been unhappy with the foreign rule. Furthermore, Phílippo's allegiance is to his home nation only, having no fealty to the Terran Throne
Biography: Phíllipos Javinius Karamanius Scartenius was born in the year 12.317 (AFTER TERRA) as the firstborn to the ruling members of the Grand Principality of Aurinia, his father being Grand Prince Gallerius Karamanius VIII and his mother Princess-Consort Aemilia Flaviana II. His early life was simple, being nursed by the many servants that worked at the palace, taking care of him while his parents attended to their businesses in the court. During those years, he would more often than not spend his days playing in the halls and corridors of his home, albeit with little interaction with other children.

As the heir hit the age of seven, he was finally given an tutor to oversee his education, an well-known scholar whose teachings were very popular through the lands of the Empire. Under his instruction and tutelage, Phílippos would very soon discover his love for literature, resulting in countless of his days being spent in the Palace's library, an practice which would continue throughout his whole life. In that year, too, would begin his other courses that would teach him in his path to become the Grand Prince of Aurinia, such as swordsmanship, management, an introduction to the overall court life in the Terran Empire, etc.

This routine would continue for several years, with the Aurinian Noble becoming more and more skilled in the trades of his family, acquiring superb experience and ability in many subjects, such as horsemanship, dueling, military strategy, management between others. As his age now permitted it, he would begin to go with his parents on more trips, travelling through the realm he would one day rule, from the agitation of the Ivory Sea Coast to the stark silence and cold of the Scartenian Mountains. Albeit amazed by these scenarios, Phílippos could not help but wonder of the lands that lied beyond the Xarai Desert, whom he had only read and heard about.

As his fourteenth year came along, Phílippos finally became an adult as per law, being allowed now to fully take on his job as a aristocrat and heir of Aurinia. It was at this time that he showed himself to be an natural born leader, in an certain occasion having been said to command his retinue against an notorious free company who had turned to plundering due to the long-lasting piece in the region, who had not seen a war for a long time, and thus were not recruited by any government. With his relatively small force, he is said to have defeated the enemy even in odds of Three to One (Though some say this is an exaggeration).

At around the age of sixteenth, an tragedy hit the Karamanai Dynasty, as both Gallerius VI, Phílippo's father, and Aemilia Flaviana II, his mother, fell heavily ill to Tuberculosis after they were infected while on a excursion on the Scartenian Mountains to visit an very particular castle, dying only a few months later. This meant that the throne of Aurinia and the position of Grand Prince were now left to the young now orphaned Phílippos.

And like that, his reign began. Although shaky at first due to the sudden death of his parents and inevitable turmoil that rose around it, the situation would quickly stabilize itself, with Phílippos proving to the Aurinian court that he was indeed skilled enough to be in the position of Grand Prince. It was also at this time that his marriage was arranged with the Duchess Adriana Ornaviana, who a few years later would die in childbirth, while the heir to the Grand Principality and Phílippo's son, Tiberius Karamanius Javinius, survived.

With his title secured and an heir, the sovereignty of the Charismatic Grand Prince was now assured, and his rule could truly begin. Economical reforms soon followed, together with valuable metal mines and grand Infrastructure projects, such as roads, forts and whatnot, increasing greatly the revenue due to the increased commerce. More than that, the Army's size and budget was increased, allowing for more men in their ranks and better equipment to be used.

Overall, Aurinia had made many advancements in these years of government under Phílippos, with their already large fortune increasing considerably. Yet, in the end, they were still a vassal, and they were still obligated to pay large tributes to the Imperial Throne, whose thirst for gold and valuable had given them an certain unpopularity in the region. But with the death of the last ruler of House Regine, things in Gaia were changing, as uncertainty came together with the possibility of life under the Carnifex. Only the future would tell what the gods had planned for the Land of Gold and Metal, and in particular,for the Charismatic Grand Prince.

Because, as they always say..

Omnia enim possibilia in Terra Auri et Metalum

RP Example:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=450272&p=34780128&hilit=Galacius#p34780128
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=450272&p=34668548&hilit=Galacius#p34668548
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=450272&p=34932701&hilit=Galacius#p34932701[

#SeizeTheThrone

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:43 am

FINALLY, I've Finished my app. Anyhow, since it was covered during the spam, i'll just post the lore of Aurinia

The Grand Principality Of Aurinia

"Do you ever wonder what lies beyond the sunset? Well, if you were to ask an Common Terran, they would answer you desert, or nothing at all. They are wrong."

It is of knowledge to any person worth their time that going to the far-western regions on land is no easy feat. First, the week-long passage through the Xarai Desert, whose dangerous, ever-changing dunes have claimed the lives of many travelers who did not know the correct trails. Furthermore, even in the most trusted "roads", the looming shadows of banditry from native nomads makes any crossing sure to be dangerous. Safety from such perilous threats will be assured only when you arrive in the Sentinel's Gate , at the feet of the Scartenian mountains, a great chain cutting through the continent working as a natural defense for Aurinia, be it from foreign invaders or from the unlivable conditions of the desert.

However, those who manage to overcome these hardships will find themselves in a beautiful land, with more grand cities reaching into the horizon than eyes could see and riches capable of putting to shame even the most wild dreams and making even the most experienced merchant lose their breath and weep with joy. Their markets, filled to the brim with the most exotic products from all of Gaia, with some being said to surpass even those of the imperial capital on some days, with beings of nearly every possible origin and species being easily found within the busy streets of the many trade hubs present in this land, for save from a few exceptions, Aurinia was a land where wealth and power mattered more than your race.

Yes, the people who live there are of an odd type. Their culture is extremely distinct from the others nearby it, caused mostly by the relative isolation from other political figures, the only foreigners present being the traders and merchants who managed to make it through the many dangers to arrive there. One of the many, many differences would be the drastically different religion practiced by Aurinians. As opposed to their few neighbors, who worshiped the Imperial Throne, the people of Aurinia instead follow an sect which venerates their own version of Gaia, whom they call "Kharazi", and nearly all of the Angeli, whom they call Xarakh. This "sect" developed itself due to the isolated nature of these people, who for so long had nearly no outside contact at all.

Yet at the jewel of this crown, built by the coast of the Ivory Sea & cut in half by the Sage's River, laid Karathia, an city so large it was said that one could spend an entire day walking from one of it's end to another and they would not see it's end. It's markets, large and rich, were expected to contain thousands of merchants and traders everyday, with items that nowhere else could be found. The Majority of such items arrived either from the Harbor Of Gallerius, an large port located at the western extremity of the Aurinian capital. Safekeeping all of this were the Fabled Zarakhian Walls, The sixty-meters tall brick "barricades" who encircled the city, giving it unparalleled protection from hostile armies.

But the most impressive act in this land, the most breath-taking one is the Palace Of Dusk, the centuries-old home of the governors of this land. Standing proud at the northern part of Karathia, it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful, complex "Castles" on the entirety of Gaia, with it's highest point reaching an impressive altitude of three-hundred meters. It's rooms are so numerous that one could not possibly remember every single one of them without wasting several paper scrolls. The Palace Of Dusk is truly, without doubt, An great architectural achievement for Aurinians and humanity in a whole.

Now, you might ask, what is the reason to such wealth? How did such secluded part of the world became a hub for trade? The answer to this question is within the tale of this land and of it's people. It all started a long, long time ago...

The History Of Aurinia

It was around the 350th Century (Before Terra) when the island who would one day constitute Aurinia emerged from Gaia, a rather large island who had risen to the sea after the ever-shifting continents caused it to erode away from the mainland, prompting it to slowly float away, colliding on it's way with more and more island arcs, adding them to it's growing mass. A few centuries after, the mountainous island finally found it's place, resting on one of the many oceans of the planet. And so like that it continued, devoid of life for several thousand years, as no being could live on that unstable rock, always smoldering with it's heavy volcanic activity and lack of vegetation.

Yet, as time went on, more and more volcanoes fell out of activity, and more and more life advanced deep into the continent, spreading through it's many rivers, plants of all types growing in absurd rates, covering everything where it could reach. As the last volcano went out of activity, the island who would one day become Aurinia had at last found peace, and with it arrived the next step in evolution: animal life. Crawling out of the sand came an race of reptilians known scientifically as Lacertilia Qaueniensis, and albeit not sapient, they spread quickly, devouring insects and plants alike. But they were not lonely for long, as soon arrived the god's chosen race: Humanity. The story of how this group of humans came to such desolate island deserves an post of it's own, but for now, let us simply say they were forcibly driven into this condition.

The humans were quick to claim the island for it's own, building settlements among the rivers and mountains alike, with village after village popping up in the Ulmarian Continent, caused all by the extremely fertile lands who followed the many estuaries who there existed, allowing for easier agriculture, enabling for populational growth to rise to new levels. As more and more humans permanently settled in, the culture of said settlements began to diverge, as tribes were formed one after the other, with their own niches and traditions varying heavily on their position. It was said that, after a few centuries, while they all came from the same group, the northern mountain-dwelling Ravii would appear alien to the western riverside-inhabiting Natarii.

It was several millennia until any lasting change happened, as the Daemonic cults which happened to cause so much trouble worldwide arrived on the island, as one of the largest tribes of Ulmar, the nomadic war-like Jattari, began to become corrupted, slowly turning into followers of Daemos, the God of Darkness. It was no surprise that, considering the heavy anti-Daemonic sentiment that had been so encouraged by the gods, that soon enough the first major war in the history of the landmass broke out, as the forces of those who worshiped Kharazi clashed with the Jattari Tribe and their followers, resulting in a bloody hundred-year long conflict, claiming the lives of many and bringing an countless number of tribes to extinction as the Daemonic Hordes ravaged through the continent. The war finally ended when an coalition led by an unknown Ravii Chieftain finally defeated the Cultist Host in Battle, later hunting down every single one of them without mercy. Forever the word "Jattari" would be known as a symbol of death and destruction,turning into the common umbrella term for all of those who followed the Daemonic Cults

With the war finally over, peace ultimately returned to the continent, who was now free of dark influence, as any chance that existed of further Daemonic Cults rising again was squashed swiftly. This, in return, allowed the human tribes to conclusively organize in more complex forms, resulting in the founding of the first Ulmarian civilization, known as the Karamanai by the Sage King Appius. Shortly after, an myriad of other cities began to appear as kingdoms were founded by the many tribes of the lonely continent, permitting technology to greatly advance. It was also at this period that the people of this land discovered their love for trade, as commerce between the civilizations boomed, leading to more intricate, extensive relationships between the many cultures of Ulmar.

But like all things, there was always an darker side of the coin. With the entirety of the continent covered by different states and cultures, war became necessary when wishing to expand your realm. And so, began the bloodiest era of the secluded landmass, as throughout the entirety of the Third Millennium (Before Terra) war after war was fought over resources and trade routes, in an period which would be later branded as the "Age Of The Twenty Kings". It was not until the final century of the epoch that a clear victor appeared, when one of the many descendants of Appius, The First Lord, rose to power. The man in question, Gallerius, was without doubt worth of the legends that are sung about him, as, through his command, the Karamanai fought their way into becoming the dominant power. Sadly, just as it appeared unification was at an arm's length, greater events in Gaia unveiled themselves, effecting the entire world. For, in the year 2.000 Before Terra, the Goddess Kharazi herself brought together the many continents, as the first Terran Crusade Began.

Through the following thousand years, against what one would think, Ulmar was mostly left alone, as Daemonic Influence had been mostly nonexistent for the last millennia in the continent, resulting in it being mostly ignored by the crusaders, who would have had no interest in dealing with a Daemon-Free Land. But this neutrality would inevitably end, as together with the crusading armies came foreign Hegemony. Tales say that as the last enemy citadel was besieged by the Karamanai forces, they finally arrived, marching through the Scartenian mountains. An army unlike any other before, in unthinkable numbers. It had been House Regine, the rulers of the Terran Empire, who had come to subjugate the continent. The war that followed was vicious and barbaric, albeit fast. Even then, whilst the legions of the Regulux were by far in greater number, with it's allies and vassals bolstering even more their strength, the resistance from the Ulmarians was nothing short of impressive. But the tide of fate had already been decided by the gods, and in the end, Karamanai and the few remaining kingdoms around it fell.

Even so, the rule of the Karamanai was yet to end, for, since Gaia had united all the continents into one, Ulmar became in a precarious position. Between them and the more directly controlled imperial mainland laid the Xarai Desert, an great patch of desolate territory, a true no man's land where only the toughest of nomads lived, with the exception of the few oasis towns. This distance made it so that any awnser to events, such as revolts, would take a large deal of effort to quell, as the time needed for supplies or reinforcements to arrive would be simply abysmal. And so, in an effort to stop the chance of rebellion it was decided that the Karaman Kingdom would remain as the local governors, being forced to send yearly tribute to the throne.

Finally, it was around that time that an great discovery was made- gold. Tonnes and tonnes of it, in amounts so grand that some feared their introduction to the market would cause an rise in inflation. More than that, substantial amounts of metal deposits were found in the old continent's land, with many being located in the Scartenian mountains. It was now clear that the gods did not abandon them after all! Monumental mining operations soon started, riches pouring in to the Karamanai coffers. Such riches were used wisely, with reforms taking place to take the backwater sub-continent to new height and power, attracting in it's way hordes upon hordes of travellers and merchants who decided the dangers of the desert were a risk more than worth taking to acquire even an particle of such wealth. And like that, Ulmar became Aurinia, the Land of Gold and Metal.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Draconia's Formation
...The material seems to have been a hardened iron, and has since been mined to all hell. Draconian iron, despite being extremely expensive, is a rather powerful and deadly material, comparable to other 'high-class' metals. There are also rumours of large oil deposits and coal pockets, making it a ripe area for any which want to make use of these materials.

But What Are Draconians?
Draconians, despite popular belief and description, aren't actually hybrids. They're a completely separate species, with some having reproductive - and blood - comparability with vampires. This is rare, with only 10% of the population possessing this trait, mostly the upper classes of Draconian society, but also many peasants. Terran scholars suspect that this is due to Daemonic 'blood' and/or 'spirits' spreading from Hasperoux I, but Draconian scientists point to similarities with vampires, calling it merely a 'coincidence'. Despite this similarity, and many witch hunts, Draconians are tolerated a lot more in society than Vampires, as they don't eat human blood or flesh, and act a lot more like regular humans or dragonborn rather than vampires. You can usually distinguish a Draconian from a dragonborn/human using their higher than average height, thicker skin, emotional stability and higher than average intelligence and sensory abilities. What they lack, however, is the social bonds and connections of humans, as they are often compared to human psychopaths behaviourally, along with being quick to anger, weak in the heat and starving extremely quickly. They, believe it or not, have mechanisms within their body preventing the natural process of aging and/or slowing it to the point they'll die of non-aging related causes by then. The longest living Draconian is said to have lived for 12,000 years before being mauled by a bear. One must note, however, that they destroy all degradation within their cells by injecting vampire blood if they have the right gene. The longest recorded lifespan of a Draconian not known to have used and/or suspected to have used vampire is about 3,000 years. Draconians usually take 500-1,000 years to fully mature physically.

Draconian Culture
Draconians have a very detailed culture, with complex social structures based upon need rather than willingness (like humans). This section will mostly be about general Draconian culture as there's a whole list of things for nobles and such. Firstly, unlike modern human society, Draconian culture isn't actively sexist, albeit it still makes women work in the home due to both need and so women can work even when pregnant with a child. Secondly, drinking is encouraged, along with drug-taking, as, believe it or not, it's actually a tradition to take a special type of drug on your marriage day. Speaking of marriage and polygamy, people have multiple marriages in order to produce the most children, and yes, this includes both men and women. However, having children with someone you are not married to is considered taboo. Same-sex relations are often ignored, however, a person is expected to have at least one heterosexual relationship for the purposes of creating children. Furthermore, beggars are considered to be 'scum of the Earth' and often have sharpened rocks or wood thrown at them to make them stop. This does not, however, prevent many from begging outright. There are two things which are a symbol of status: house size and number of relationships. The more wealthy you are, the more relationships you are expected - and allowed - to have. The Draconian religion, whilst actively punished by Terrans, is still worshipped in private by most of the population, along with several 'underground' temples which often perform acts of terrorism, with many Draconian priests being heads of rebellions in Draconia. The religion's deities often mirror that of regular everyday citizens, as it is believed that "all men, women and children are born equal in right, but not in wealth.". The main Draconian deity, as there are often several which many forget, is known as Parvurst, a being of pure light and strength, albeit not one of pure morality. Parvurst's sign is the Sun, as so is mistaken for many as a Sun God. Whilst this is true, there is a second Draconian deity: Erpoux, a being of thought and will, one which populates the night sky. Erpoux is the Moon, and Parvurst is the Sun. Erpoux is thought, and Parvurst is heart. Erpoux and Parvurst, despite their differences, aren't enemies in the Draconian mythology, but some fringe groups proclaim allegiance to one of them, with the "Rays of Parvurst", despite being an almost defunct heresy, calling for mass executions, genocide and oppression supporting Parvurst and the "Sons of the Night", which is a more benign terrorist organisation calling for a meritocratic society, the death of the upper class and a society built on leadership of the powerful, and not those born from royal blood. Furthermore, Draconian religion is one of the most materialistic in Terra, believing in no morality and rather the existence of only matter (Erpoux) and force (Parvurst), as such, Draconians often look decadent and destructive to foreigners, with a stereotype of Draconians (including non-Draconian Draconians too) being known as drunkards, decadent, disloyal, immoral but also intellectual, intimidating and mentally strong. Scientific discovery isn't looked down upon in Draconia as much due to the nature of its religion (Some people even call it Erpoux's gift to mankind!), so Draconia might soon become home to a scientific and political enlightenment because of its so-called 'overtolerance'.

Okay, a few things here:
1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless. Your description of the iron makes it sound as if it’s somehow more than just iron.
2. I’ll have to check with VOID, but my personal opinion is that a lifespan of thousands of years isn’t something any biological species should have. Further, a species can’t both be more even tempered than humans, and simultaneously be more quick-tempered. Considering their similarities to humans, I’m rather tempted to label these as an attempt to create Humans+
3. Either the religion is actively being purged by Terran authorities, or most of the population practices it. Inquisitions and surviving religions don’t mix.
4. There is no oncoming englightenment. We’re still in the high middle ages, and for the entire IC, there we shall stay.

For all those currently involved
This will be the last time there is any question on the tech level, barring OP revisal:
This entire world is no more advanced than the high middle ages. The imperial army has a few elite divisions with arquebuses, and that’s where renaissance tech begins and ends. Only a select few members of the imperial forces will even have access to guns, and, barring extremely good explanation, other folks will not have them.

Medieval tech is the name of the game, and there shall henceforth be no dispute.

For those with apps pending approval
Please link to your apps or quote them and remove the internal text like so
-snip-
so we can get to your apps in a timely manner, and none will be missed.

1. Well, coal and oil were used as heat sources and combustion sources back then, so I wouldn't discount them.
2. I mean, vampires have that lifespan. The reason we have this lifespan is due to evolution building proteins to extend telomeres and destroy natural aging. Many species IRL have this trait. This isn't really humans+ as populations take hundreds of years to recover from mass genocide and such. Also emotional stability doesn't necessarily mean a lack of anger; it means a lack of changing emotion. One could be constantly angry and still have emotional stability. But I will change that.
3. They practice it in private, akin to Christianity during the Roman Empire.
4. The Terran Empire is currently undergoing what I call the "1848 Effect", in which, after a large major event, several rebellions begin to organise, crippling the empire and allowing for the rise of divergent political movements and secessionists. It's not the Enlightenment as we know it OTL, but it's extremely similar.

So basically technological progress doesn't happen? How does that work exactly? Does the Empire go around and kill any emerging tech and politics like the Dark Ages or am I missing something here?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 am

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=457093&start=350

Link to the page where Montesquieu is located at.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Okay, a few things here:
1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless. Your description of the iron makes it sound as if it’s somehow more than just iron.
2. I’ll have to check with VOID, but my personal opinion is that a lifespan of thousands of years isn’t something any biological species should have. Further, a species can’t both be more even tempered than humans, and simultaneously be more quick-tempered. Considering their similarities to humans, I’m rather tempted to label these as an attempt to create Humans+
3. Either the religion is actively being purged by Terran authorities, or most of the population practices it. Inquisitions and surviving religions don’t mix.
4. There is no oncoming englightenment. We’re still in the high middle ages, and for the entire IC, there we shall stay.

For all those currently involved
This will be the last time there is any question on the tech level, barring OP revisal:
This entire world is no more advanced than the high middle ages. The imperial army has a few elite divisions with arquebuses, and that’s where renaissance tech begins and ends. Only a select few members of the imperial forces will even have access to guns, and, barring extremely good explanation, other folks will not have them.

Medieval tech is the name of the game, and there shall henceforth be no dispute.

For those with apps pending approval
Please link to your apps or quote them and remove the internal text like so so we can get to your apps in a timely manner, and none will be missed.

1. Well, coal and oil were used as heat sources and combustion sources back then, so I wouldn't discount them.
2. I mean, vampires have that lifespan. The reason we have this lifespan is due to evolution building proteins to extend telomeres and destroy natural aging. Many species IRL have this trait. This isn't really humans+ as populations take hundreds of years to recover from mass genocide and such. Also emotional stability doesn't necessarily mean a lack of anger; it means a lack of changing emotion. One could be constantly angry and still have emotional stability. But I will change that.
3. They practice it in private, akin to Christianity during the Roman Empire.
4. The Terran Empire is currently undergoing what I call the "1848 Effect", in which, after a large major event, several rebellions begin to organise, crippling the empire and allowing for the rise of divergent political movements and secessionists. It's not the Enlightenment as we know it OTL, but it's extremely similar.

So basically technological progress doesn't happen? How does that work exactly? Does the Empire go around and kill any emerging tech and politics like the Dark Ages or am I missing something here?

The technology was probably way worse back then, but the point is that the empire is likely seeing an state of stagnation, and has so for a long time. Think of the Imperium of Mankind in Warhammer 40k. It's still great and all, but the technology's stopped evolving;
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am

Dude, just accept the fact that technology is going to say the same, pretty simple. Trying to argue a moot point about the draconian race is pretty useless as well, as Khas gave very good reasons as to why some changes should be made.
Last edited by Zapatha on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 am

Alright, my reply for Morr Grimm is up.

Sorry I didn't get it up yesterday like I said I would, I just never really got around to it.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 am

Zapatha wrote:Dude, just accept the fact that technology is going to say the same, pretty simple. Trying to argue a moot point about the draconian race is pretty useless as well, as Khas gave very good reasons as to why some changes should be made.

I conceptually understand negligible sensescence(which, for the record, hasn’t been documented in any mammals) and technological progress, but the balancing of an rp and the premise dictate that the technology shall not greatly change over the course of this rp, and thousands of years of life is too much for an entire species of an intelligent species created by a player that also happens to be almost across the board superior to humans except in terms of culture. So, unless you can convince VOID that you need your draconians to live thousands of years, it’s not happening, and the debate over technology ends here, plain and simple.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am

Bla Ary wrote:

Kauashe will be standing near the back of the Great Hall. The envoy might recognise her if they have any paintings of the court, as she’s been an integral part of it for millennia.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Zapatha wrote:Dude, just accept the fact that technology is going to say the same, pretty simple. Trying to argue a moot point about the draconian race is pretty useless as well, as Khas gave very good reasons as to why some changes should be made.

I conceptually understand negligible sensescence(which, for the record, hasn’t been documented in any mammals) and technological progress, but the balancing of an rp and the premise dictate that the technology shall not greatly change over the course of this rp, and thousands of years of life is too much for an entire species of an intelligent species created by a player that also happens to be almost across the board superior to humans except in terms of culture. So, unless you can convince VOID that you need your draconians to live thousands of years, it’s not happening, and the debate over technology ends here, plain and simple.

I'm not him lol I was defending why technology doesn't progress.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:Alright, my reply for Morr Grimm is up.

Sorry I didn't get it up yesterday like I said I would, I just never really got around to it.

made my reply.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse