NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Khasinkonia has agreed to be my Co-OP, starting as soon as she is able.

I expect everyone to treat her words as my own unless I overrule a given ruling she makes as OP. Her duties will be in assisting me with ensuring applications are accepted in a more timely manner than my schedule allows, helping me organize the Lore Post, and making judgment calls if an argument breaks out in the OOC or someone posts something that is suspect in the IC. She will also have the authority to consult me on if an offense is ban-worthy, and if I agree that it is so, then she will be able to deal out thread-bans should that prove necessary in the future.

In terms of the Discord Server: when Pruss transfers ownership to me or grants me powers in the server, I shall immediately create a permanent invite that will be telegrammed to newly accepted members rather than posted somewhere in the OOC thread. All current members will also be telegrammed if they have yet to join. I will also begin structuring the server so as to allow a more fluid RP environment, in terms of ensuring everyone is consistently informed of RP matters as long as they are in the server.

Suffice it to say that if you get banned from the Discord Server, there is a strong likelihood that Khas and I will be privately discussing a thread-ban for the person banned from the Discord Server.

This has been your public service announcement, brought to you by your glorious OP.

Separate from this announcement, as an aside, I will be posting in the IC around dinnertime and trying to make sure Jonathan reacts to things as well as begin setting up Aldrich Kronal's selection process.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yes, it was. But then, imagine the world 4,000 years from now, then you'll understand. Actually, imagine it in 100 or 200 years from now.

It'll be very different. You're not making any sense.

In that case, scrap everything I just said. Look back 4,000 years and then look forward 4,000 years. The rate of change is going much faster.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 pm

This'll be the theme song by the end of the RP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMsxTUkEfQw (Play at either 0.75x speed for creepiness and 1.5x speed for that "Black Death" feel)
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 pm

(Reposting cuz mine wasn't placed in the lore thing)

Draconians - A Guide to the so-called "Dragonmen" (WIP)

Draconia's Formation
Draconians, as you might expect, are a species from the old, dark meteor crater known as Draconia. This creator was created from an old asteroid impact of an asteroid about 15km in diameter, landing straight into North Terra. The crater is 534,553 m wide and 1,490m deep (for reference, that's about the size of Romania). Due to the odd way in which the asteroid landed (which was much faster than anything that had hit the planet before), there was a 'silent earthquake' of Richter 11, yet with no sound. This earthquake was extremely powerful, releasing over 47687.91 megatons of TNT (Again, for comparison, the Tsar Bomba only released 50 megatons. Calculations were made here. The material seems to have been a hardened iron, and has since been mined to all hell. Draconian iron, despite being extremely expensive, is a rather powerful and deadly material, comparable to other 'high-class' metals. There are also rumours of large oil deposits and coal pockets, making it a ripe area for any which want to make use of these materials.

The Beginning of Civilisation
Draconian civilisation, like all others, began once the temperatures had begun to settle in the North, creating a rich river valley stream, with the Kingdom of Draconia rising in 2,000BT, both as local tribesmen scrambled to protect themselves from Terran influence (despite being in the North of the continent) and as a great leader, known as Hasperoux I unified them, winning several wars against the young Terran state* (It should be noted that many claim that Hasperoux was a Daemon lord who manipulated corrupt Draconians), and becoming larger. The Draconian Empire, forming itself under the House of Draconia, formed in 1,000BT* , as Hasperoux III held strong control of the North and became an ally of the Terran Empire, enjoying a very good peace for a nice, long time.

Draconia-Sterpol and Draconia-Persnacht
After this period of peace, during 0BT*, whilst the Terran Empire was fighting the First Crusade, Hasperoux IV held an imperial congress, presenting calling for all to join the crusade. There was a split: one side of the House of Draconia, including Hasperoux IV , said that Draconia shouldn't join the Empire, merely be an ally and trade partner but* stay away from it in all affairs. Another side, which included the heir at the time, soon-to-be Liecsturn II, split off* from the main house, who supported imperial integration (and secretly tried to influence the Empire). And so, Hasperoux IV formed the branch of Draconia-Persnacht and Liecsturn II (Oddly enough General Liecsturn's namesake) formed the house of Draconia-Sterpol. They made a tradition of having their candidates spar when the Emperor is dead, along with anointing the new Emperor in the blood of both his opponent and the old Emperor. After the congress, however, Hasperoux IV decided to join the First Terran Crusade* in order to help their allies out, whilst Liecsturn attempted to build connections within the Empire to create future plans for integration.

The Empire Kneels
After the death of Hasperoux IV in a battle, Liecsturn II took the throne and agreed to bow down to the Empire if he was given power and autonomy within his territory, along with a position in the Imperial Guard. The Empire agreed, thanks to some political manoeuvring and connections, to this deal, as the Draconians were known for being good commanders and soldiers. Liecsturn II slowly positioned himself to a position of power, before being stabbed and poisoned in 9,129AT* (Some records say he resigned from his position before then), which led to the collapse of the Draconian holdings due to a large succession crisis. The traditional Draconian houses only hold a minority of territory there, with Liecsturn III, or as he's known today, General Liecsturn of the House of Draconian-Sterpol, succeeding him. Now, Draconians look to the future for Liecsturn III to be like Liecsturn II.

Why a Minority?
You see, after Liecsturn II's death, the Draconian realm collapsed as per usual. However, in this case, General Liecsturn was on a foreign campaign helping out the Emperor. So, many of the local lords, emboldened by the 'immortal' Liecsturn II's death, declared revolutions, and Liecsturn III was busy, and so he wasn't able to stop them in time. Luckily for him, however, very few soldiers actually defected, and so he still has the chance to destroy them, as most of the recruits only have a few centuries experience at most currently. Liecsturn III and IV were known as the Silent and the Weak due to their lack of authority over Draconian holdings and general lack of ability to hold power.

A List of Nicknames for Each Draconian King/Emperor In Chronological Order, Along With How And When They Died
Hasperoux I - The Daemon - Slain by Terran Soldier* 1,900BT
Hasperoux II - The Corrupt - Died of "Decay"* 1,500BT
Liecsturn I - The Iron Guard - Slain by Soldier of Unknown Origin, 952BT
Hasperoux III - The Forgotten - Assassinated by Erbatz I, 942BT
Erbatz I* - The Tyrant-King - Unknown, Unknown (Estimated around 240BT)
Erbatz II - The Greedy - Botched Surgery, 196BT
Hasperoux IV - The Crusader - Slain by Daemon, 12AT
Liecsturn II - The Immortal (Purpotedly used vampire blood) - Died of Vampiric Disease, 9,192AT
Liecsturn III - The Silent - Died of "Decay", 10,904AT
Liecsturn IV - The Weak - Killed by Liecsturn V, 11,450AT
Liecsturn V - The General - Still Alive

But What Are Draconians?
Draconians, despite popular belief and description, aren't actually hybrids. They're a completely separate species, with some having reproductive - and blood - comparability with vampires. This is rare, with only 10% of the population possessing this trait, mostly the upper classes of Draconian society, but also many peasants. Terran scholars suspect that this is due to Daemonic 'blood' and/or 'spirits' spreading from Hasperoux I, but Draconian scientists point to similarities with vampires, calling it merely a 'coincidence'. Despite this similarity, and many witch hunts, Draconians are tolerated a lot more in society than Vampires, as they don't eat human blood or flesh, and act a lot more like regular humans or dragonborn rather than vampires. You can usually distinguish a Draconian from a dragonborn/human using their higher than average height, thicker skin, emotional stability and higher than average intelligence and sensory abilities. What they lack, however, is the social bonds and connections of humans, as they are often compared to human psychopaths behaviourally, along with being quick to anger, weak in the heat and starving extremely quickly. They, believe it or not, have mechanisms within their body preventing the natural process of aging and/or slowing it to the point they'll die of non-aging related causes by then. The longest living Draconian is said to have lived for 12,000 years before being mauled by a bear. One must note, however, that they destroy all degradation within their cells by injecting vampire blood if they have the right gene. The longest recorded lifespan of a Draconian not known to have used and/or suspected to have used vampire is about 3,000 years. Draconians usually take 500-1,000 years to fully mature physically.

Draconian Culture
Draconians have a very detailed culture, with complex social structures based upon need rather than willingness (like humans). This section will mostly be about general Draconian culture as there's a whole list of things for nobles and such. Firstly, unlike modern human society, Draconian culture isn't actively sexist, albeit it still makes women work in the home due to both need and so women can work even when pregnant with a child. Secondly, drinking is encouraged, along with drug-taking, as, believe it or not, it's actually a tradition to take a special type of drug on your marriage day. Speaking of marriage and polygamy, people have multiple marriages in order to produce the most children, and yes, this includes both men and women. However, having children with someone you are not married to is considered taboo. Same-sex relations are often ignored, however, a person is expected to have at least one heterosexual relationship for the purposes of creating children. Furthermore, beggars are considered to be 'scum of the Earth' and often have sharpened rocks or wood thrown at them to make them stop. This does not, however, prevent many from begging outright. There are two things which are a symbol of status: house size and number of relationships. The more wealthy you are, the more relationships you are expected - and allowed - to have. The Draconian religion, whilst actively punished by Terrans, is still worshipped in private by most of the population, along with several 'underground' temples which often perform acts of terrorism, with many Draconian priests being heads of rebellions in Draconia. The religion's deities often mirror that of regular everyday citizens, as it is believed that "all men, women and children are born equal in right, but not in wealth.". The main Draconian deity, as there are often several which many forget, is known as Parvurst, a being of pure light and strength, albeit not one of pure morality. Parvurst's sign is the Sun, as so is mistaken for many as a Sun God. Whilst this is true, there is a second Draconian deity: Erpoux, a being of thought and will, one which populates the night sky. Erpoux is the Moon, and Parvurst is the Sun. Erpoux is thought, and Parvurst is heart. Erpoux and Parvurst, despite their differences, aren't enemies in the Draconian mythology, but some fringe groups proclaim allegiance to one of them, with the "Rays of Parvurst", despite being an almost defunct heresy, calling for mass executions, genocide and oppression supporting Parvurst and the "Sons of the Night", which is a more benign terrorist organisation calling for a meritocratic society, the death of the upper class and a society built on leadership of the powerful, and not those born from royal blood. Furthermore, Draconian religion is one of the most materialistic in Terra, believing in no morality and rather the existence of only matter (Erpoux) and force (Parvurst), as such, Draconians often look decadent and destructive to foreigners, with a stereotype of Draconians (including non-Draconian Draconians too) being known as drunkards, decadent, disloyal, immoral but also intellectual, intimidating and mentally strong. Scientific discovery isn't looked down upon in Draconia as much due to the nature of its religion (Some people even call it Erpoux's gift to mankind!), so Draconia might soon become home to a scientific and political enlightenment because of its so-called 'overtolerance'.

Noble Customs of The Draconian Culture
Of course, these are merely the general customs and customs of the commoners, but how about the nobles? A quick note: You'll often note, when visiting Draconia, that, instead of merchants, nobles are often the ones at the head of large trade operations, hiring people to manage it and all, but they're often the profiteers of it, hence why wealth is often connected to nobility status: nobles often own literally everything within their holdings, including what would normally be the property of a small middle class of merchants and artisans. Nobles, along with being expected to be polygamous (see above section), are also expected to be great generals and/or stewards, and so often get placed into two classes: 'generals' who mostly do fighting (As expected, the main line is often held by them) and 'stewards' who often manage vast tracts of land in order to give the most profit to themselves and their superiors (nobles in this rank are often more powerful influence-wise but are usually unskilled when it comes to war, leading non-economic revolt to be a.....bad option to say the least.). But anyway, succession of titles is done in a very easy - yet dangerous - way. Nobles are supposed to do something like this: all children, all siblings, all 1st cousins, all 2nd cousins, and *then* parents, grandparents, all 3rd cousins, 4th cousins and so on. The way in which they order them doesn't actually matter. One could have the youngest child as the first pick, and the oldest one as the second pick. But they can't have their brother as a first pick and then their son. This is technically gender neutral, but 99.9% of the time, most nobles, even female ones, pick a male.
*These claims/people are disputed by Terran scholars and usually only exist within Draconian records. The likelihood of these claims is disputed heavily within academic circles.
Please Watch

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:53 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Draconia's Formation
...The material seems to have been a hardened iron, and has since been mined to all hell. Draconian iron, despite being extremely expensive, is a rather powerful and deadly material, comparable to other 'high-class' metals. There are also rumours of large oil deposits and coal pockets, making it a ripe area for any which want to make use of these materials.

But What Are Draconians?
Draconians, despite popular belief and description, aren't actually hybrids. They're a completely separate species, with some having reproductive - and blood - comparability with vampires. This is rare, with only 10% of the population possessing this trait, mostly the upper classes of Draconian society, but also many peasants. Terran scholars suspect that this is due to Daemonic 'blood' and/or 'spirits' spreading from Hasperoux I, but Draconian scientists point to similarities with vampires, calling it merely a 'coincidence'. Despite this similarity, and many witch hunts, Draconians are tolerated a lot more in society than Vampires, as they don't eat human blood or flesh, and act a lot more like regular humans or dragonborn rather than vampires. You can usually distinguish a Draconian from a dragonborn/human using their higher than average height, thicker skin, emotional stability and higher than average intelligence and sensory abilities. What they lack, however, is the social bonds and connections of humans, as they are often compared to human psychopaths behaviourally, along with being quick to anger, weak in the heat and starving extremely quickly. They, believe it or not, have mechanisms within their body preventing the natural process of aging and/or slowing it to the point they'll die of non-aging related causes by then. The longest living Draconian is said to have lived for 12,000 years before being mauled by a bear. One must note, however, that they destroy all degradation within their cells by injecting vampire blood if they have the right gene. The longest recorded lifespan of a Draconian not known to have used and/or suspected to have used vampire is about 3,000 years. Draconians usually take 500-1,000 years to fully mature physically.

Draconian Culture
Draconians have a very detailed culture, with complex social structures based upon need rather than willingness (like humans). This section will mostly be about general Draconian culture as there's a whole list of things for nobles and such. Firstly, unlike modern human society, Draconian culture isn't actively sexist, albeit it still makes women work in the home due to both need and so women can work even when pregnant with a child. Secondly, drinking is encouraged, along with drug-taking, as, believe it or not, it's actually a tradition to take a special type of drug on your marriage day. Speaking of marriage and polygamy, people have multiple marriages in order to produce the most children, and yes, this includes both men and women. However, having children with someone you are not married to is considered taboo. Same-sex relations are often ignored, however, a person is expected to have at least one heterosexual relationship for the purposes of creating children. Furthermore, beggars are considered to be 'scum of the Earth' and often have sharpened rocks or wood thrown at them to make them stop. This does not, however, prevent many from begging outright. There are two things which are a symbol of status: house size and number of relationships. The more wealthy you are, the more relationships you are expected - and allowed - to have. The Draconian religion, whilst actively punished by Terrans, is still worshipped in private by most of the population, along with several 'underground' temples which often perform acts of terrorism, with many Draconian priests being heads of rebellions in Draconia. The religion's deities often mirror that of regular everyday citizens, as it is believed that "all men, women and children are born equal in right, but not in wealth.". The main Draconian deity, as there are often several which many forget, is known as Parvurst, a being of pure light and strength, albeit not one of pure morality. Parvurst's sign is the Sun, as so is mistaken for many as a Sun God. Whilst this is true, there is a second Draconian deity: Erpoux, a being of thought and will, one which populates the night sky. Erpoux is the Moon, and Parvurst is the Sun. Erpoux is thought, and Parvurst is heart. Erpoux and Parvurst, despite their differences, aren't enemies in the Draconian mythology, but some fringe groups proclaim allegiance to one of them, with the "Rays of Parvurst", despite being an almost defunct heresy, calling for mass executions, genocide and oppression supporting Parvurst and the "Sons of the Night", which is a more benign terrorist organisation calling for a meritocratic society, the death of the upper class and a society built on leadership of the powerful, and not those born from royal blood. Furthermore, Draconian religion is one of the most materialistic in Terra, believing in no morality and rather the existence of only matter (Erpoux) and force (Parvurst), as such, Draconians often look decadent and destructive to foreigners, with a stereotype of Draconians (including non-Draconian Draconians too) being known as drunkards, decadent, disloyal, immoral but also intellectual, intimidating and mentally strong. Scientific discovery isn't looked down upon in Draconia as much due to the nature of its religion (Some people even call it Erpoux's gift to mankind!), so Draconia might soon become home to a scientific and political enlightenment because of its so-called 'overtolerance'.

Okay, a few things here:
1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless. Your description of the iron makes it sound as if it’s somehow more than just iron.
2. I’ll have to check with VOID, but my personal opinion is that a lifespan of thousands of years isn’t something any biological species should have. Further, a species can’t both be more even tempered than humans, and simultaneously be more quick-tempered. Considering their similarities to humans, I’m rather tempted to label these as an attempt to create Humans+
3. Either the religion is actively being purged by Terran authorities, or most of the population practices it. Inquisitions and surviving religions don’t mix.
4. There is no oncoming englightenment. We’re still in the high middle ages, and for the entire IC, there we shall stay.

For all those currently involved
This will be the last time there is any question on the tech level, barring OP revisal:
This entire world is no more advanced than the high middle ages. The imperial army has a few elite divisions with arquebuses, and that’s where renaissance tech begins and ends. Only a select few members of the imperial forces will even have access to guns, and, barring extremely good explanation, other folks will not have them.

Medieval tech is the name of the game, and there shall henceforth be no dispute.

For those with apps pending approval
Please link to your apps or quote them and remove the internal text like so
-snip-
so we can get to your apps in a timely manner, and none will be missed.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Draconia's Formation
...The material seems to have been a hardened iron, and has since been mined to all hell. Draconian iron, despite being extremely expensive, is a rather powerful and deadly material, comparable to other 'high-class' metals. There are also rumours of large oil deposits and coal pockets, making it a ripe area for any which want to make use of these materials.

But What Are Draconians?

Draconian Culture

Okay, a few things here:
1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless. Your description of the iron makes it sound as if it’s somehow more than just iron.
2. I’ll have to check with VOID, but my personal opinion is that a lifespan of thousands of years isn’t something any biological species should have. Further, a species can’t both be more even tempered than humans, and simultaneously be more quick-tempered. Considering their similarities to humans, I’m rather tempted to label these as an attempt to create Humans+
3. Either the religion is actively being purged by Terran authorities, or most of the population practices it. Inquisitions and surviving religions don’t mix.
4. There is no oncoming englightenment. We’re still in the high middle ages, and for the entire IC, there we shall stay.

This will be the last time there is any question on the tech level, barring OP revisal:
This entire world is no more advanced than the high middle ages. The imperial army has a few elite divisions with arquebuses, and that’s where renaissance tech begins and ends. Only a select few members of the imperial forces will even have access to guns, and, barring extremely good explanation, other folks will not have them.

Medieval tech is the name of the game, and there shall henceforth be no dispute.

Please link to your apps or quote them and remove the internal text like so
-snip-
so we can get to your apps in a timely manner, and none will be missed.

Didnt VOID say the most advanced places were near colonial in terms of tech? Like 1400s and Early 1500s

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=457093&start=350

The page where the lore app for Montesquieu is located. scroll down if you have to
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Well even in the 1400s and 1500s colonialism i.e. muskets and such were still 200+ years away.

Either way, what the OP and the Co-OP says is law.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Skarten wrote:Well, here it is, the overview and history of my sub-state. I hope it's good really, but i'm up for any criticism. I'm not an native English speaker though, so expect some errors

The Grand Principality Of Aurinia

(Image)

"Do you ever wonder what lies beyond the sunset? Well, if you were to ask an Common Terran, they would answer you desert, or nothing at all. They are wrong."

It is of knowledge to any person worth their time that going to the far-western regions on land is no easy feat. First, the week-long passage through the Xarai Desert, whose dangerous, ever-changing dunes have claimed the lives of many travelers who did not know the correct trails. Furthermore, even in the most trusted "roads", the looming shadows of banditry from native nomads makes any crossing sure to be dangerous. Safety from such perilous threats will be assured only when you arrive in the Sentinel's Gate , at the feet of the Scartenian mountains, a great chain cutting through the continent working as a natural defense for Aurinia, be it from foreign invaders or from the unlivable conditions of the desert.

However, those who manage to overcome these hardships will find themselves in a beautiful land, with more grand cities reaching into the horizon than eyes could see and riches capable of putting to shame even the most wild dreams and making even the most experienced merchant lose their breath and weep with joy. Their markets, filled to the brim with the most exotic products from all of Gaia, with some being said to surpass even those of the imperial capital on some days, with beings of nearly every possible origin and species being easily found within the busy streets of the many trade hubs present in this land, for save from a few exceptions, Aurinia was a land where wealth and power mattered more than your race.

Yes, the people who live there are of an odd type. Their culture is extremely distinct from the others nearby it, caused mostly by the relative isolation from other political figures, the only foreigners present being the traders and merchants who managed to make it through the many dangers to arrive there. One of the many, many differences would be the drastically different religion practiced by Aurinians. As opposed to their few neighbors, who worshiped the Imperial Throne, the people of Aurinia instead follow an sect which venerates their own version of Gaia, whom they call "Kharazi", and nearly all of the Angeli, whom they call Xarakh. This "sect" developed itself due to the isolated nature of these people, who for so long had nearly no outside contact at all.

Yet at the jewel of this crown, built by the coast of the Ivory Sea & cut in half by the Sage's River, laid Karathia, an city so large it was said that one could spend an entire day walking from one of it's end to another and they would not see it's end. It's markets, large and rich, were expected to contain thousands of merchants and traders everyday, with items that nowhere else could be found. The Majority of such items arrived either from the Harbor Of Gallerius, an large port located at the western extremity of the Aurinian capital. Safekeeping all of this were the Fabled Zarakhian Walls, The sixty-meters tall brick "barricades" who encircled the city, giving it unparalleled protection from hostile armies.

But the most impressive act in this land, the most breath-taking one is the Palace Of Dusk, the centuries-old home of the governors of this land. Standing proud at the northern part of Karathia, it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful, complex "Castles" on the entirety of Gaia, with it's highest point reaching an impressive altitude of three-hundred meters. It's rooms are so numerous that one could not possibly remember every single one of them without wasting several paper scrolls. The Palace Of Dusk is truly, without doubt, An great architectural achievement for Aurinians and humanity in a whole.

Now, you might ask, what is the reason to such wealth? How did such secluded part of the world became a hub for trade? The answer to this question is within the tale of this land and of it's people. It all started a long, long time ago...

The History Of Aurinia

It was around the 350th Century (Before Terra) when the island who would one day constitute Aurinia emerged from Gaia, a rather large island who had risen to the sea after the ever-shifting continents caused it to erode away from the mainland, prompting it to slowly float away, colliding on it's way with more and more island arcs, adding them to it's growing mass. A few centuries after, the mountainous island finally found it's place, resting on one of the many oceans of the planet. And so like that it continued, devoid of life for several thousand years, as no being could live on that unstable rock, always smoldering with it's heavy volcanic activity and lack of vegetation.

Yet, as time went on, more and more volcanoes fell out of activity, and more and more life advanced deep into the continent, spreading through it's many rivers, plants of all types growing in absurd rates, covering everything where it could reach. As the last volcano went out of activity, the island who would one day become Aurinia had at last found peace, and with it arrived the next step in evolution: animal life. Crawling out of the sand came an race of reptilians known scientifically as Lacertilia Qaueniensis, and albeit not sapient, they spread quickly, devouring insects and plants alike. But they were not lonely for long, as soon arrived the god's chosen race: Humanity. The story of how this group of humans came to such desolate island deserves an post of it's own, but for now, let us simply say they were forcibly driven into this condition.

The humans were quick to claim the island for it's own, building settlements among the rivers and mountains alike, with village after village popping up in the Ulmarian Continent, caused all by the extremely fertile lands who followed the many estuaries who there existed, allowing for easier agriculture, enabling for populational growth to rise to new levels. As more and more humans permanently settled in, the culture of said settlements began to diverge, as tribes were formed one after the other, with their own niches and traditions varying heavily on their position. It was said that, after a few centuries, while they all came from the same group, the northern mountain-dwelling Ravii would appear alien to the western riverside-inhabiting Natarii.

It was several millennia until any lasting change happened, as the Daemonic cults which happened to cause so much trouble worldwide arrived on the island, as one of the largest tribes of Ulmar, the nomadic war-like Jattari, began to become corrupted, slowly turning into followers of Daemos, the God of Darkness. It was no surprise that, considering the heavy anti-Daemonic sentiment that had been so encouraged by the gods, that soon enough the first major war in the history of the landmass broke out, as the forces of those who worshiped Kharazi clashed with the Jattari Tribe and their followers, resulting in a bloody hundred-year long conflict, claiming the lives of many and bringing an countless number of tribes to extinction as the Daemonic Hordes ravaged through the continent. The war finally ended when an coalition led by an unknown Ravii Chieftain finally defeated the Cultist Host in Battle, later hunting down every single one of them without mercy. Forever the word "Jattari" would be known as a symbol of death and destruction,turning into the common umbrella term for all of those who followed the Daemonic Cults

With the war finally over, peace ultimately returned to the continent, who was now free of dark influence, as any chance that existed of further Daemonic Cults rising again was squashed swiftly. This, in return, allowed the human tribes to conclusively organize in more complex forms, resulting in the founding of the first Ulmarian civilization, known as the Karamanai by the Sage King Appius. Shortly after, an myriad of other cities began to appear as kingdoms were founded by the many tribes of the lonely continent, permitting technology to greatly advance. It was also at this period that the people of this land discovered their love for trade, as commerce between the civilizations boomed, leading to more intricate, extensive relationships between the many cultures of Ulmar.

But like all things, there was always an darker side of the coin. With the entirety of the continent covered by different states and cultures, war became necessary when wishing to expand your realm. And so, began the bloodiest era of the secluded landmass, as throughout the entirety of the Third Millennium (Before Terra) war after war was fought over resources and trade routes, in an period which would be later branded as the "Age Of The Twenty Kings". It was not until the final century of the epoch that a clear victor appeared, when one of the many descendants of Appius, The First Lord, rose to power. The man in question, Gallerius, was without doubt worth of the legends that are sung about him, as, through his command, the Karamanai fought their way into becoming the dominant power. Sadly, just as it appeared unification was at an arm's length, greater events in Gaia unveiled themselves, effecting the entire world. For, in the year 2.000 Before Terra, the Goddess Kharazi herself brought together the many continents, as the first Terran Crusade Began.

Through the following thousand years, against what one would think, Ulmar was mostly left alone, as Daemonic Influence had been mostly nonexistent for the last millennia in the continent, resulting in it being mostly ignored by the crusaders, who would have had no interest in dealing with a Daemon-Free Land. But this neutrality would inevitably end, as together with the crusading armies came foreign Hegemony. Tales say that as the last enemy citadel was besieged by the Karamanai forces, they finally arrived, marching through the Scartenian mountains. An army unlike any other before, in unthinkable numbers. It had been House Regine, the rulers of the Terran Empire, who had come to subjugate the continent. The war that followed was vicious and barbaric, albeit fast. Even then, whilst the legions of the Regulux were by far in greater number, with it's allies and vassals bolstering even more their strength, the resistance from the Ulmarians was nothing short of impressive. But the tide of fate had already been decided by the gods, and in the end, Karamanai and the few remaining kingdoms around it fell.

Even so, the rule of the Karamanai was yet to end, for, since Gaia had united all the continents into one, Ulmar became in a precarious position. Between them and the more directly controlled imperial mainland laid the Xarai Desert, an great patch of desolate territory, a true no man's land where only the toughest of nomads lived, with the exception of the few oasis towns. This distance made it so that any awnser to events, such as revolts, would take a large deal of effort to quell, as the time needed for supplies or reinforcements to arrive would be simply abysmal. And so, in an effort to stop the chance of rebellion it was decided that the Karaman Kingdom would remain as the local governors, being forced to send yearly tribute to the throne.

Finally, it was around that time that an great discovery was made- gold. Tonnes and tonnes of it, in amounts so grand that some feared their introduction to the market would cause an rise in inflation. More than that, substantial amounts of metal deposits were found in the old continent's land, with many being located in the Scartenian mountains. It was now clear that the gods did not abandon them after all! Monumental mining operations soon started, riches pouring in to the Karamanai coffers. Such riches were used wisely, with reforms taking place to take the backwater sub-continent to new height and power, attracting in it's way hordes upon hordes of travellers and merchants who decided the dangers of the desert were a risk more than worth taking to acquire even an particle of such wealth. And like that, Ulmar became Aurinia, the Land of Gold and Metal.

Here's my lore post by the way, i did It before my app do i woudnt have to explain my sub-state in the Bio or something

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

wrong app, fella

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Zapatha wrote:Well even in the 1400s and 1500s colonialism i.e. muskets and such were still 200+ years away.

Yes, i didnt say anything about Muskets, im talking about the "Its HMA"

Plus, theres Arquebuses

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 pm

tf is this

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Skarten wrote:
Zapatha wrote:Well even in the 1400s and 1500s colonialism i.e. muskets and such were still 200+ years away.

Yes, i didnt say anything about Muskets, im talking about the "Its HMA"

Plus, theres Arquebuses

Either way, only select imperial officials have guns.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:06 pm

How do we call a mod we need a mod

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Skarten wrote:How do we call a mod we need a mod

already reported him

Zapatha
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:07 pm

No idea, I haven't had to do that in years.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Zapatha wrote:
Skarten wrote:Yes, i didnt say anything about Muskets, im talking about the "Its HMA"

Plus, theres Arquebuses

Either way, only select imperial officials have guns.

1: Why would officialls have Guns, they're useless like that. It would be used only by imperial bois, of course, with some exceptions
2:My sub-state would probably be able to wield Arquebusiers due to the situation we are. If you read my lore post you'll understand
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:14 pm

How the Hell do we call mods cant someone IP Ban this guy

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Scott Smith Why cant all humans be lik wrote:
Skarten wrote:How the Hell do we call mods cant someone IP Ban this guy

why u want ip bam

We're trying to have an Good RP, and your 1-day account spam is getting pretty tiring.
Oh well, shoudnt give these kinds of people attention
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Skarten wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Okay, a few things here:

Please link to your apps or quote them and remove the internal text like so so we can get to your apps in a timely manner, and none will be missed.

Didnt VOID say the most advanced places were near colonial in terms of tech? Like 1400s and Early 1500s

Yes, that place being the capital.

Y’all, stop addressing the spammer. It makes the mods’ job more difficult with removing his posts, because they then have to cut out y’all’s too.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless.

Um... coal was used in the High Middle Ages as a source of fuel (fuel in this context meaning: "Burned in homes to warm them", a law was actually passed in England in 1306 to ban that) as well as by blacksmiths, smelters, and the like so coal isn't worthless but mining efforts would be primitive (taking England in 1300 and using it as a standard coal production produced a few thousand tons annually and according to another source Newcastle shipped "more than 15,000 tons of coal annually" by 1376) and there would be a lot of impurities in the coal meaning there would be a preference for charcoal over coal as it is cleaner but it is there and the coal mining industry was developed in this time period (underground mines, blast furnaces, etc.).

Funnily enough one of the earliest uses of coal as a fuel was actually the production of soap.

But yeah coal wouldn't be as valuable as it would be later but it does have a purpose and a use.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:1. We’re in the high middle ages, so coal and oil are entirely worthless.

Um... coal was used in the High Middle Ages as a source of fuel (fuel in this context meaning: "Burned in homes to warm them", a law was actually passed in England in 1306 to ban that) as well as by blacksmiths, smelters, and the like so coal isn't worthless but mining efforts would be primitive (taking England in 1300 and using it as a standard coal production produced a few thousand tons annually and according to another source Newcastle shipped "more than 15,000 tons of coal annually" by 1376) and there would be a lot of impurities in the coal meaning there would be a preference for charcoal over coal as it is cleaner but it is there and the coal mining industry was developed in this time period (underground mines, blast furnaces, etc.).

Funnily enough one of the earliest uses of coal as a fuel was actually the production of soap.

But yeah coal wouldn't be as valuable as it would be later but it does have a purpose and a use.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

By the way, would anyone like to interact with Kauashe? Conspirators who know a thing or two about her might like to secure some support from within.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Farkle, not again...
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:By the way, would anyone like to interact with Kauashe? Conspirators who know a thing or two about her might like to secure some support from within.

I'm planning on sending a delegation of peasants who have been played to deliver goods they know nothing about to the imperial palace. When opened, it's the envoy uniform for Mako and all of the imperial flags from Atheo but it's all been destroyed. If you'd like, I can have then drop the items off for Kauashe?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse