NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm

United we stand, divided we fall. Let’s not get too divided with our prejudices or sense or privilege here: We all want to get rid of Carnifex.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:I would guess so. But you might end up not doing a lot, to be honest

I was thinking this would be a good time for it to go more praetorian. But if anybody wants one I'd also be interested in playing a lowly, recently-landed knight in their retinue.

Well, you gotta know that not everyone has the feudalistic style knight retinues anymore. If im correct, the most advanced places would have an tech level around the late 15th and Early 16th centuries

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:United we stand, divided we fall. Let’s not get too divided with our prejudices or sense or privilege here: We all want to get rid of Carnifex.

The more sides to a civil war, the merrier.
That God's name is Abraxas

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Sraelyn wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:United we stand, divided we fall. Let’s not get too divided with our prejudices or sense or privilege here: We all want to get rid of Carnifex.

The more sides to a civil war, the merrier.

Indeed. And thanks for expressing my annoyance IC with all the people showing up. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:21 pm

WTC: Just wanted to note that I think you need to slow down. You are getting kinda metagamey and godmoddy in some of your posts, what with your declaration that people definitely signed on, etc - even if they were minor noble NPCs rather than other people's characters, I'd prefer it if you didn't automatically try to shove things in your favor. Thank you.

I'll be posting IC soon enough; I offer my apologies for how slow I'm moving things, but I kinda have to at the moment. If you had your character speak to Jonathan/interact with him recently, please inform me so I can read your posts and adequately respond.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:26 pm

The V O I D wrote:WTC: Just wanted to note that I think you need to slow down. You are getting kinda metagamey and godmoddy in some of your posts, what with your declaration that people definitely signed on, etc - even if they were minor noble NPCs rather than other people's characters, I'd prefer it if you didn't automatically try to shove things in your favor. Thank you.

I'll be posting IC soon enough; I offer my apologies for how slow I'm moving things, but I kinda have to at the moment. If you had your character speak to Jonathan/interact with him recently, please inform me so I can read your posts and adequately respond.

Alright, I will. I noted that I spoke to those people in the past in my last post, suggesting that they were friends or past contacts, most likely other military contacts. Understood, however.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Sraelyn wrote:The more sides to a civil war, the merrier.

Indeed. And thanks for expressing my annoyance IC with all the people showing up. :P

Yeah, had to say something about how people just kept pouring into the conversation.
(All those quotes were a nightmare to do on mobile tho)
Last edited by Sraelyn on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That God's name is Abraxas

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:WTC: Just wanted to note that I think you need to slow down. You are getting kinda metagamey and godmoddy in some of your posts, what with your declaration that people definitely signed on, etc - even if they were minor noble NPCs rather than other people's characters, I'd prefer it if you didn't automatically try to shove things in your favor. Thank you.

Also, why does everyone hate me despite agreeing with me?
Please Watch

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

Also, why does everyone hate me despite agreeing with me?

Well parking an army outside of the city doesn't exactly make your character seem all to friendly or wanting a peaceful solution to the succession.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Zapatha wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, why does everyone hate me despite agreeing with me?

Well parking an army outside of the city doesn't exactly make your character seem all to friendly or wanting a peaceful solution to the succession.

What else am I supposed to do? Leave them in a fort on the other side of the continent, letting them rise into mutiny?
Please Watch

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:I would guess so. But you might end up not doing a lot, to be honest

I was thinking this would be a good time for it to go more praetorian. But if anybody wants one I'd also be interested in playing a lowly, recently-landed knight in their retinue.

I'll take you up on that.

*laughs in merman*

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Zapatha wrote:Well parking an army outside of the city doesn't exactly make your character seem all to friendly or wanting a peaceful solution to the succession.

What else am I supposed to do? Leave them in a fort on the other side of the continent, letting them rise into mutiny?

Well if they were to revolt just because their leader left for a few days, what kind of leader does that make your character? And how would that reflect your character's ability to successfully play the faction game in the succession crisis?

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:I was thinking this would be a good time for it to go more praetorian. But if anybody wants one I'd also be interested in playing a lowly, recently-landed knight in their retinue.

Well, you gotta know that not everyone has the feudalistic style knight retinues anymore. If im correct, the most advanced places would have an tech level around the late 15th and Early 16th centuries

CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS - but yeah basically feel like being a minor landed noble / knight playing the loyal bannerman.
Last edited by The Hierophancy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well, you gotta know that not everyone has the feudalistic style knight retinues anymore. If im correct, the most advanced places would have an tech level around the late 15th and Early 16th centuries

CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS

Ya but feudalism isnt

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:08 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well, you gotta know that not everyone has the feudalistic style knight retinues anymore. If im correct, the most advanced places would have an tech level around the late 15th and Early 16th centuries

CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS - but yeah basically feel like being a minor landed noble / knight playing the loyal bannerman.

Maybe you could be a mercenary captain, or the leader of the Xarai Desert bandits or something

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:12 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:

All honesty, Atheo would be a good place. Not sure how many allies they'll have in the secession crisis, and Mako has a crew of generals you can step in as one of.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS - but yeah basically feel like being a minor landed noble / knight playing the loyal bannerman.

All honesty, Atheo would be a good place. Not sure how many allies they'll have in the secession crisis, and Mako has a crew of generals you can step in as one of.

Not sure about being a fish man, but could be interesting.

Skarten wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:CHIVALRY IS TIMELESS - but yeah basically feel like being a minor landed noble / knight playing the loyal bannerman.

Maybe you could be a mercenary captain, or the leader of the Xarai Desert bandits or something

Playing a merc would be cool, though I'd rather be somebody's vassal than a contractor, maybe work my way up towards a title. Not sure a bandit would make a good loyal aide, though.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Zapatha wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What else am I supposed to do? Leave them in a fort on the other side of the continent, letting them rise into mutiny?

Well if they were to revolt just because their leader left for a few days, what kind of leader does that make your character? And how would that reflect your character's ability to successfully play the faction game in the succession crisis?

I don't want to take the risk. Nobody wants to take the risk. *Laughs in painfully made up excuses*
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:36 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Skarten wrote:Maybe you could be a mercenary captain, or the leader of the Xarai Desert bandits or something

Playing a merc would be cool, though I'd rather be somebody's vassal than a contractor, maybe work my way up towards a title. Not sure a bandit would make a good loyal aide, though.

Well, It depends. Its a Desert laying in essentially the most valuable trade route of Gaia, speaking in terms of Gold. You could be the Chieftain or something of the nomads, who happened to take up banditry. You might find that a Lot of Nobles could use an Warlord. You could even receive a title. Who knows...

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Skarten wrote:Maybe you could be a mercenary captain, or the leader of the Xarai Desert bandits or something

Eh. You'll have gills and can breathe underwater. Now that Atheo is independent, I'm considering bubbling the city so its hospitable to other races.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Now, how does one make the planet colder? Or at least one region...Makes it less hospitable to invaders.
Please Watch

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Now, how does one make the planet colder? Or at least one region...Makes it less hospitable to invaders.

Magic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Now, how does one make the planet colder? Or at least one region...Makes it less hospitable to invaders.

Magic

Too bad we're mostly technological rather than magic. I'll start to build armies that use only firearms soon enough...
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Bla Ary wrote:
Magic

Too bad we're mostly technological rather than magic. I'll start to build armies that use only firearms soon enough...

No you wont, the tech cap for even the most advanced regions is like Early 1500s

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Skarten wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:Not sure about being a fish man, but could be interesting.

Well, It depends. Its a Desert laying in essentially the most valuable trade route of Gaia, speaking in terms of Gold. You could be the Chieftain or something of the nomads, who happened to take up banditry. You might find that a Lot of Nobles could use an Warlord. You could even receive a title. Who knows...

Speaking of regions, is there a world map?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse