NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am

Woodstovia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Who should be our candidate though?

*clears throat*

You have a goodish resume. I think perhaps we should set up an oligarchy of nobles, almost like the HRE in OTL.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:*clears throat*

You have a goodish resume. I think perhaps we should set up an oligarchy of nobles, almost like the HRE in OTL.

I'd rather an plutocracy

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You have a goodish resume. I think perhaps we should set up an oligarchy of nobles, almost like the HRE in OTL.

I'd rather an plutocracy

The technology of politics isn't advanced enough for that yet.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Skarten wrote:I'd rather an plutocracy

The technology of politics isn't advanced enough for that yet.

But Plutocracy was already a thing in the classical age. It comes from the greek word Ploutokratos or whatever the hell. Carthage, for example, was a plutocracy.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The technology of politics isn't advanced enough for that yet.

But Plutocracy was already a thing in the classical age. It comes from the greek word Ploutokratos or whatever the hell. Carthage, for example, was a plutocracy.

Who are you again?
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Skarten wrote:But Plutocracy was already a thing in the classical age. It comes from the greek word Ploutokratos or whatever the hell. Carthage, for example, was a plutocracy.

Who are you again?

My character is the Grand Prince of Aurinia.
I'm still making my app, but my lore post for the sub-state i control is already up.

If my character wanted, he could buy every single soldier of your army with the loose change on his sofa,partly mostly because of the fact that all types of coin are already way more valuable than modern currency, and mostly because we really have a lot of gold. That, is, of course, why i also would like a plutocracy, because Aurinian wealth would allow us to get into key positions of power.
Last edited by Skarten on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Capitalist I do have another problem with your post, namely that you left the conversation and came back hours later, even when that much time hasn't passed IC. Just saying

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Capitalist I do have another problem with your post, namely that you left the conversation and came back hours later, even when that much time hasn't passed IC. Just saying

It said I would come back hours later. For all purposes, unless time has advanced hours, I'm still writing the letter.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Who are you again?

My character is the Grand Prince of Aurinia.
I'm still making my app, but my lore post for the sub-state i control is already up.

If my character wanted, he could buy every single soldier of your army with the loose change on his sofa,partly mostly because of the fact that all types of coin are already way more valuable than modern currency, and mostly because we really have a lot of gold. That, is, of course, why i also would like a plutocracy, because Aurinian wealth would allow us to get into key positions of power.

Right now, maybe, but in a hundred or thousand years, we'll have the Industrial Revolution.
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Skarten wrote:My character is the Grand Prince of Aurinia.

Right now, maybe, but in a hundred or thousand years, we'll have the Industrial Revolution.

Then it'll be steel and oil time

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You have a goodish resume. I think perhaps we should set up an oligarchy of nobles, almost like the HRE in OTL.

I'd rather an plutocracy

Boo

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Right now, maybe, but in a hundred or thousand years, we'll have the Industrial Revolution.

"What is that thing on your head?"

"Its called a top hat."

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Capitalist I do have another problem with your post, namely that you left the conversation and came back hours later, even when that much time hasn't passed IC. Just saying

It said I would come back hours later. For all purposes, unless time has advanced hours, I'm still writing the letter.
This is kinda why we said save it for later to avoid confusion, ah well. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Wait so is the draconian still in the conversation or no?

I think it'd be better to just retcon that post and svae it for later.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
Skarten wrote:I'd rather an plutocracy

Boo

I vote we go for SUPER Feudalism. It is like Feudalism but with the word SUPER in front of it.

Or we stick with feudalism, invent space technology, and realize we are actually just on a Feudal World in the 41st Millennium and the entire throne argument was just trying to find a replacement planetary governor.

Zapatha wrote:Wait so is the draconian still in the conversation or no?

I think it'd be better to just retcon that post and svae it for later.

He said he left so he departed, the rest with the letter is supposed to be for later.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 pm

I went away for an hour and we having talks of a new aristocratic government? Is anyone asking the vampires for their opinion?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Right now, maybe, but in a hundred or thousand years, we'll have the Industrial Revolution.

Ahh yes, but my region is rich in the industrial goods, having impeccably high-quality iron and coal. After all, we did come from an asteroid which flattened every single plant in the area, putting them under immense pressure and therefore creating better oil and coal.
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Skarten wrote:Then it'll be steel and oil time
Ahh yes, but my region is rich in the industrial goods, having impeccably high-quality iron and coal. After all, we did come from an asteroid which flattened every single plant in the area, putting them under immense pressure and therefore creating better oil and coal.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Ahh yes, but my region is rich in the industrial goods, having impeccably high-quality iron and coal. After all, we did come from an asteroid which flattened every single plant in the area, putting them under immense pressure and therefore creating better oil and coal.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works

The asteroid is made from iron and coal and oil are made from pressurised dead plant matter.
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Skarten wrote:I'm pretty sure that's not how it works

The asteroid is made from iron and coal and oil are made from pressurised dead plant matter.

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure just having an big asteroid hit the ground isn't goin to make oil or coal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Skarten wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The asteroid is made from iron and coal and oil are made from pressurised dead plant matter.

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure just having an big asteroid hit the ground isn't goin to make oil or coal

The pressure from it after millions of years will crush the plants, creating said coal and oil.
Please Watch

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Skarten wrote:Yeah, but i'm pretty sure just having an big asteroid hit the ground isn't goin to make oil or coal

The pressure from it after millions of years will crush the plants, creating said coal and oil.

Once again, not really how it works.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Would it be possible to play as a member or officer of the Palantine Guard?

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:27 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:Would it be possible to play as a member or officer of the Palantine Guard?

I don't see why not but I am not an official here, I would suggest shooting a telegram to VOID in case he misses the question.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:27 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:Would it be possible to play as a member or officer of the Palantine Guard?

I would guess so. But you might end up not doing a lot, to be honest

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Skarten wrote:

I would guess so. But you might end up not doing a lot, to be honest

I was thinking this would be a good time for it to go more praetorian. But if anybody wants one I'd also be interested in playing a lowly, recently-landed knight in their retinue.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse