NATION

PASSWORD

Seize the Throne [Open/OOC/Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The V O I D wrote:I'm gonna say right now that the Imperial Guard is not going to let anything more than a Lord or Lady's personal guard into the Imperial City. Like, okay, sure, bring your entire army and try to march pass the Imperial City's walls - they will most likely be slaughtered by the Imperial Guard, the other Lord(s)/Lady(ies) and any of their armies which are present... and that's before we even get to the Imperial Armies guarding the Capital Province. Or any of the countless other forces bound to be present in the Province, let alone protecting the Imperial City.

In point of fact, not only would trying to march your entire army passed the Imperial City's walls most likely get that army obliterated, but the Master of the Grand Order of the Gaian Throne would likely automatically disqualify you from sitting on the Throne and you'd be giving a good reason for the future Emperor or Empress to strip your family of your nobility and to send the Imperial Armies/rally up the Lords/Ladies of the Empire in unity under their banner for the sole purpose of quashing your rebellion/the threat of you trying to conquer them (as, after all, if you had the gall to try invading the Imperial City, what's stopping you from invading them? the future Emperor/Empress would argue).

So... yeah. It's fine to bring your army with you into the Capital Province, if you're making a show (like some other Lords/Ladies are no doubt doing), but the Imperial Guard and Imperial Armies will be watching you and ready to squash you. Not only that, but the entire Imperial Court is just waiting for someone to do something so stupid as to try and invade the Imperial City, to rally the rest of the Court's support behind them to “squash the bloody traitors!” to the Empire.

You might as well put a mighty red ribbon on the Gaian Throne, with a tag that says “To [Insert NOT-MY-LORD/LADY'S NAME Here]” - as you'd be gifting the Throne to literally anyone except for yourself.

Anyways, roster update soon, then an IC post, then I'll update the Lore Post soon enough. I am going to update the House List as well, since I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Don't forget that every Blood Knight under your character will defect his as soon as General Liecsturn von Draconia-Sterpol starts losing. Everything about the Draconian screams "Vampire Count Reborn" due to his cutthroat attitude and his selfish loyalties. The Lesser Vampires already had enough of that when they were serving under the Higher Vampires themselves.

Liecsturn should already be grateful that there are Blood Knights that are willing to work with him.

I’m rather tempted to have Kauashe appear at the gates and say: “General Liecsturn, your presence is required. Only the general’s presence is necessary.”

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Union Princes wrote:
Don't forget that every Blood Knight under your character will defect his as soon as General Liecsturn von Draconia-Sterpol starts losing. Everything about the Draconian screams "Vampire Count Reborn" due to his cutthroat attitude and his selfish loyalties. The Lesser Vampires already had enough of that when they were serving under the Higher Vampires themselves.

Liecsturn should already be grateful that there are Blood Knights that are willing to work with him.

I’m rather tempted to have Kauashe appear at the gates and say: “General Liecsturn, your presence is required. Only the general’s presence is necessary.”

She has lived in the court long enough that I could picture her being used to things like that happening so she would sound rather casual about it.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I’m rather tempted to have Kauashe appear at the gates and say: “General Liecsturn, your presence is required. Only the general’s presence is necessary.”

She has lived in the court long enough that I could picture her being used to things like that happening so she would sound rather casual about it.

Just totally lack of fucks given maybe. Not even a word in for him, just “Only your presence in court is required.” and usher him in. “You do not sit on the throne, so your ego must fit through the gate.”

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Just totally lack of fucks given maybe. Not even a word in for him, just “Only your presence in court is required.” and usher him in. “You do not sit on the throne, so your ego must fit through the gate.”

I can imagine the Lesser Vampires laughing their butts off to that. It would've be a perfect burn against the Vampire Counts in the past.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Just totally lack of fucks given maybe. Not even a word in for him, just “Only your presence in court is required.” and usher him in. “You do not sit on the throne, so your ego must fit through the gate.”

I can imagine the Lesser Vampires laughing their butts off to that. It would've be a perfect burn against the Vampire Counts in the past.

This is what happens when a servant outranks a haughty noble.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Alright, I'm literally about to update the roster. I plan to post IC by tomorrow morning, so if you haven't posted yet, I suggest you do so as soon as possible.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Tasuirin wrote:Lorepost incoming!

The Race of the Srasain/Lizardfolk

The race of Srasain, known in the Human language as 'Lizardfolk', though a more accurate translation may be 'Lizardpeople', were formed around 18,000BT, making them a fairly young race in the scheme of things. Despite their youth, they possess a resolve rivalling that of any human, as well as significant combat and athletic prowess, an ancient and largely preserved culture, and good survival instincts. Some of the Srasain believe that the fact of their late genesis means that they are a more perfected form of life, though the accuracy of this sentiment is disputable. Lizardfolk never were great civilisation-builders or the most learned folk, preferring to retain a highly tribal and natural existence, and thus never really asserted themselves in the politics of Terra. Due to the formation of Srasain long after the beginning of Daemonic influence in Gaia, they don't really see Daemon influence as a necessarily good or bad idea, simply a fact. This is reflected in their mythology, with Srasain deities being almost entirely morally neutral.

The formation of the Terran Empire brought a lot of Srasain issues into question. In 0BT/AT, while Gaius XI was killing heretics, many Lizardfolk took it upon themselves to become as isolated as they possibly could, removing all trace of their existence as best they could. These were called the Rɛ̄sireseƌiŧīŧsāt, or 'those who broke', meaning breaking from society as a whole. Others, stood and fought, being called Ɲahcēnsāt, 'those who (are) wild'. Finally, a third group bowed to the Emperor's wishes, being called Rɛ̄siɲehňetīťsat, or 'those who are possessed swords', after the ones who surrendered any means of their defence. During the hundred or so years after the Second Terran Crusade, these groups diversified enough so that, once the Empire loosened control somewhat, upon their reconnection, the groups were almost unrecognisable to each other. Thus laid the precedent for those who traded with humans and those who did not, those who integrated into societies where humans existed and those who remained separate. Over time, they gained more communication with each other, but never quite understood either side's change in views. In the early 8th Century AT, while the Empire was busy governing in cities and towns, the Lizardfolk created a network to better understand each other, and this network exists to this day, somewhat magical and somewhat physical in aspects.

Not much has changed in the nearly 12,000 years before that time and the present. The Srasain relied upon the technological advancements of humans, preferring not to advance themselves, as they valued nature above technology. In very recent years, a new fashion trend swept human courts, that being clothing made out of Lizardfolk skins. This has caused some of the formerly Rɛ̄siɲehňetīťsat tribes to regain their 'swords', meaning to arm themselves against humans and prepare to rise up against their oppression.

I should probably repost my Lizardfolk lore thingy here, just in case.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ASEXUAL~ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ☭ ★ ☭ ★ ☭ ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ ATHEIST ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ CELTIC ⋅.} ──── ⊰
⊱ ──── {.⋅ AUSTRALIAN ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm

I'll update the Lore Post soon enough, but am trying to focus on the IC post and being ready to try to move things forward tomorrow morning.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:44 pm

The V O I D wrote:I'll update the Lore Post soon enough, but am trying to focus on the IC post and being ready to try to move things forward tomorrow morning.

Ah, fair enough.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:
An Absolute Monarchy, A Federal Monarchy, Neo-Feudalistic, Anti-Democratic, Mercantilist, Five Kingdoms, Ruled by One King

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 pm

The V O I D wrote:I'll update the Lore Post soon enough, but am trying to focus on the IC post and being ready to try to move things forward tomorrow morning.

I’ll take that as abandoning the RP then.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Sorry I didn't post yesterday yall - I just moved. I will post tonight.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Tag?

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Montesquieu

The forbidden library of the Terran Empire. Montesquieu had its origins laid out during Night King Drakula's reign as a base of study for all things unholy and blasphemous. Blood rituals and heretical tomes marked the beginning of Vampire Sorcery at its finest. With the study of magic barred from Lesser Vampires, who had no desire to learn magic but were still offended nonetheless, the Higher Vampires reveled in learning more powerful spells and black knowledge of the demons.

Like the Vampire Counts, Montesquieu has been described to "pompous in its design, flaunting its decor and the wealth of the Vampire Counts". What originally looked like a three story building turned into a tower of twelve floors. Some levels were dedicated to rituals or laboratories while the basement was a fully fledged torture chamber and prison cell.

Despite the anti-vampire propaganda of the Terran Empire, Montesquieu was a center of learning and etiquette of Vampire Count culture. Indeed, it was the only place that pride itself free of intrigue and political assassinations. But despite all of this, the Night Kings and the rest of the Higher Vampires viciously sought to wield the power of the darkness for their own nefarious gains.

Those dreams, however, died when Ravyrnyra was integrated into the Terran Empire and the Vampire Counts purged. The Deathwatch Knights and other Blood Knights quickly arrived at Montesquieu to perform a sweeping search of any Higher Vampire in hiding. For the first time, a Lesser Vampire has stepped foot inside the library.

No one was found and Montesquieu was placed under guard from the Lesser Vampires. They were quite eager into converting this into a center of educating for Blood Knights but the Imperial church were adamant in its destruction. Currently, Montesquieu is in a state of slow disrepair as Lesser Vampires guard it day and night with rumors growing in Ravyrnyra that the Vampire Counts had studied mathematics, astrology, engineering, history and non-heretical teachings of magic.

To a secular scholar or mage, such secrets that could benefit the Terran Empire is a tragedy that could not be ignored. The general curiosity of what the Vampire Counts were hoping to achieve with astrology or history drove a few adventurous learners to its front doors only to be driven away by the guarding Blood Knights, who quite frankly cannot comprehend the importance of astrology. Whatever is hiding in the dusty old books are secrets waiting to be discovered.

a certain mage from a certain player might be interested
Last edited by Union Princes on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tasuirin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasuirin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Clarcia wrote:

What on Gaia do you mean by that? I read that as Void categorically saying that they weren't abandoning the RP, just focusing on IC posts and getting to lore posts later on.
IC'ly, Tasuirin is:

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Actually, Im not sure where to jump in here. Wasn't there a bandit raid or something?

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Joohan wrote:Actually, Im not sure where to jump in here. Wasn't there a bandit raid or something?

More like finished killing bandits. My Chara term is bring a few prisoners back to gallowkeep

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Joohan wrote:Actually, Im not sure where to jump in here. Wasn't there a bandit raid or something?

More like finished killing bandits. My Chara term is bring a few prisoners back to gallowkeep

OOOoooh.

Any way to squeeze me in their?

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Montesquieu

The forbidden library of the Terran Empire. Montesquieu had its origins laid out during Night King Drakula's reign as a base of study for all things unholy and blasphemous. Blood rituals and heretical tomes marked the beginning of Vampire Sorcery at its finest. With the study of magic barred from Lesser Vampires, who had no desire to learn magic but were still offended nonetheless, the Higher Vampires reveled in learning more powerful spells and black knowledge of the demons.

Like the Vampire Counts, Montesquieu has been described to "pompous in its design, flaunting its decor and the wealth of the Vampire Counts". What originally looked like a three story building turned into a tower of twelve floors. Some levels were dedicated to rituals or laboratories while the basement was a fully fledged torture chamber and prison cell.

Despite the anti-vampire propaganda of the Terran Empire, Montesquieu was a center of learning and etiquette of Vampire Count culture. Indeed, it was the only place that pride itself free of intrigue and political assassinations. But despite all of this, the Night Kings and the rest of the Higher Vampires viciously sought to wield the power of the darkness for their own nefarious gains.

Those dreams, however, died when Ravyrnyra was integrated into the Terran Empire and the Vampire Counts purged. The Deathwatch Knights and other Blood Knights quickly arrived at Montesquieu to perform a sweeping search of any Higher Vampire in hiding. For the first time, a Lesser Vampire has stepped foot inside the library.

No one was found and Montesquieu was placed under guard from the Lesser Vampires. They were quite eager into converting this into a center of educating for Blood Knights but the Imperial church were adamant in its destruction. Currently, Montesquieu is in a state of slow disrepair as Lesser Vampires guard it day and night with rumors growing in Ravyrnyra that the Vampire Counts had studied mathematics, astrology, engineering, history and non-heretical teachings of magic.

To a secular scholar or mage, such secrets that could benefit the Terran Empire is a tragedy that could not be ignored. The general curiosity of what the Vampire Counts were hoping to achieve with astrology or history drove a few adventurous learners to its front doors only to be driven away by the guarding Blood Knights, who quite frankly cannot comprehend the importance of astrology. Whatever is hiding in the dusty old books are secrets waiting to be discovered.

a certain mage from a certain player might be interested

Not sure if the certain mage from a certain player was meant to be Siona, but I can say that she would definitely be interested.

Once the coronation is over, I just might make my way over and try and work my way into the good graces of the vampires, in the hopes of entering their ancient library.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Joohan wrote:
Union Princes wrote:

OOOoooh.

Any way to squeeze me in their?

Your character can bring the news of another bandit camp sighted and he will happily set out again

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm

tagging

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Tasuirin wrote:
Clarcia wrote:

What on Gaia do you mean by that? I read that as Void categorically saying that they weren't abandoning the RP, just focusing on IC posts and getting to lore posts later on.

I’m trying to call him out for abandoning his Empire after t war Oof. He had multiple people submit stuff, kept promising dates to accept hem, and never did. He went dark after that. Just left ya all hanging. At first I thought he was just taking a break, but it turns out he’s been here the whole time. It would have been nice if he at least had the Chrissy to tell people the RP was dead in the water. One post would’ve sufficed.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 pm

Zapatha wrote:tagging

Just a heads up moderation is calling tagging posts spam now. Might want to put a little bit more text in.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Clarcia wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:What on Gaia do you mean by that? I read that as Void categorically saying that they weren't abandoning the RP, just focusing on IC posts and getting to lore posts later on.

I’m trying to call him out for abandoning his Empire after t war Oof. He had multiple people submit stuff, kept promising dates to accept hem, and never did. He went dark after that. Just left ya all hanging. At first I thought he was just taking a break, but it turns out he’s been here the whole time. It would have been nice if he at least had the Chrissy to tell people the RP was dead in the water. One post would’ve sufficed.

Can someone find a more polite way of saying "If you are going to call someone out for their conduct in another RP or ask about the status of an RP do it in either that RP's thread or via telegram"? Granted I understand the complaint completely since no one like OPs that go dark without CO-OPs to handle things or keep them going.

Bla Ary wrote:
Zapatha wrote:tagging

Just a heads up moderation is calling tagging posts spam now. Might want to put a little bit more text in.

Mixed feelings on that decree by our overlords but ah well. :P
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Clarcia wrote:
Tasuirin wrote:What on Gaia do you mean by that? I read that as Void categorically saying that they weren't abandoning the RP, just focusing on IC posts and getting to lore posts later on.

That seems tremendously inappropriate to be saying not just as an applicant but on a personal level. Roleplaying unfortunately does not take precedence over real life, and I myself am also guilty of dropping multiple things out of the blue too focus on important events in real life. Regardless, calling someone out for it is a unwarranted. If you truly have concerns my advice would be to tg the person you hold a grudge against. Making accusations in public doesn't reflect well on either of you.

Sorry if I'm overstepping V O I D, but I know you're busy and you've got other things going on as well. Take your time if need be.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Clarcia wrote:

Can someone find a more polite way of saying "If you are going to call someone out for their conduct in another RP or ask about the status of an RP do it in either that RP's thread or via telegram"? Granted I understand the complaint completely since no one like OPs that go dark without CO-OPs to handle things or keep them going.

If I had gotten my post up before you... oh well, I tried. Now its churro time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse