NATION

PASSWORD

The Second Cataclysm (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 pm

Professor Driftwood is not yet in the room. Also, there are no desks as it is a telepad room, not a classroom.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Esternial wrote:Name: Ritz Ambrosius
Appearance:

Personality: Ritz is a studious, eccentric young mage. Her natural abilities and extensive knowledge have cultivated some overconfidence inside of her, occasionally manifesting into arrogance, but overall she manages to avoid annoying people all that much. For her, this isn't that hard, as she doesn't spend time in other people's company too often.

Life Goal: Change the path others have laid out for her.

Favored Element: Lightning
Elements Known: Fire, Earth, Lightning
Degree Pursuing: Everything (Auxatheurgy for now)

Backstory: The Ambrosius lineage is an old and noble bloodline that descends from powerful mages, and throughout many generations it has produced many more that would etch themselves into the histories of nations far and wide. Its roots lie firmly entrenched in Liechenveld, and as the country gradually fell into an economic crisis, so did the House of Ambrosius lose much of its wealth and influence.

Nowadays, the Ambrosius name holds little sway beyond Liechenveld, except as a pedigree. Ritz wasn't treated as an exception. Born as a "pure-bred" within the Ambrosius estate in the vast pine woods to the south, her future was bid on countless times by faceless, wealthy men who sought to produce a talented heir of their own.

<still have to finish this>

Yada yada sold to rich family as breeding stock, yada yada now she's in a magical school

Favored element refers to the element for which you have an inborn natural talent, and those can only be the proto-elements.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Olthar wrote:
Esternial wrote:Name: Ritz Ambrosius
Appearance:

Personality: Ritz is a studious, eccentric young mage. Her natural abilities and extensive knowledge have cultivated some overconfidence inside of her, occasionally manifesting into arrogance, but overall she manages to avoid annoying people all that much. For her, this isn't that hard, as she doesn't spend time in other people's company too often.

Life Goal: Change the path others have laid out for her.

Favored Element: Lightning
Elements Known: Fire, Earth, Lightning
Degree Pursuing: Everything (Auxatheurgy for now)

Backstory: The Ambrosius lineage is an old and noble bloodline that descends from powerful mages, and throughout many generations it has produced many more that would etch themselves into the histories of nations far and wide. Its roots lie firmly entrenched in Liechenveld, and as the country gradually fell into an economic crisis, so did the House of Ambrosius lose much of its wealth and influence.

Nowadays, the Ambrosius name holds little sway beyond Liechenveld, except as a pedigree. Ritz wasn't treated as an exception. Born as a "pure-bred" within the Ambrosius estate in the vast pine woods to the south, her future was bid on countless times by faceless, wealthy men who sought to produce a talented heir of their own.

<still have to finish this>

Yada yada sold to rich family as breeding stock, yada yada now she's in a magical school

Favored element refers to the element for which you have an inborn natural talent, and those can only be the proto-elements.

Whoopsie, one sec.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Olthar wrote:Professor Driftwood is not yet in the room. Also, there are no desks as it is a telepad room, not a classroom.

Should I edit my post?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Olthar wrote:Professor Driftwood is not yet in the room. Also, there are no desks as it is a telepad room, not a classroom.

Should I edit my post?

I would appreciate that.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Olthar wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:Should I edit my post?

I would appreciate that.

Done. My apologies.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:33 pm

My first post is up.

Forgot to mention when I first put it up.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Olthar wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:Should I edit my post?

I would appreciate that.

Oops, Ill edit my post as well.

EDIT: First post is now edited as well.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Olthar wrote:I would appreciate that.

Done. My apologies.
The Twelve Isles wrote:
Olthar wrote:I would appreciate that.

Oops, Ill edit my post as well.

EDIT: First post is now edited as well.

Thanks

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Hope I didn't overstep by establishing a relationship between the Fitzroys and the Allencrofts. Anastasia's bio ("a small estate in a small town") suggested that the Allencrofts are a relatively small family, and since both families come from the Mulmurth Marches, it would therefore make sense for the Allencrofts to be vassals of the Fitzroys - especially given the latter family's royal lineage. But if it doesn't work for you, Twelve Isles, I am quite happy to change it.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:22 pm

I think I see a Misfits Club about to form. We got the poor son of immigrant miners, the tiny daughter of engineers who is the first magic user in generations of her family, and two children of Marcher Lords, one a shell shocked veteran who scares everyone and the other a stubborn girl who will fight you.

We're gonna be like the Breakfast Club with magic.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:Hope I didn't overstep by establishing a relationship between the Fitzroys and the Allencrofts. Anastasia's bio ("a small estate in a small town") suggested that the Allencrofts are a relatively small family, and since both families come from the Mulmurth Marches, it would therefore make sense for the Allencrofts to be vassals of the Fitzroys - especially given the latter family's royal lineage. But if it doesn't work for you, Twelve Isles, I am quite happy to change it.

Nah, I think it works. I never really thought about it, but it works pretty well considering that though the Allencroft's are an old family, their noble titles are pretty new, only coming in the last generations. It could make sense since the Allencroft's were an old military family, who would probably have served with the Fitzroy's and developed close ties with them, so that when they earned their titles the relationship continued on.

I was even thinking that possibly the Fitzroy's helped the Allencroft's in petitioning the Crown for their titles, if you think that seems reasonable. It could add an interested layer to Anastasia and Hugh's relationship as well.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:I think I see a Misfits Club about to form. We got the poor son of immigrant miners, the tiny daughter of engineers who is the first magic user in generations of her family, and two children of Marcher Lords, one a shell shocked veteran who scares everyone and the other a stubborn girl who will fight you.

The Kolomans aren’t really poor. His father has a successful construction business. He just doesn’t dress well or know anything about high society.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:I think I see a Misfits Club about to form. We got the poor son of immigrant miners, the tiny daughter of engineers who is the first magic user in generations of her family, and two children of Marcher Lords, one a shell shocked veteran who scares everyone and the other a stubborn girl who will fight you.

The Kolomans aren’t really poor. His father has a successful construction business. He just doesn’t dress well or know anything about high society.

Still, working class immigrants. I think it fits.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:30 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:The Kolomans aren’t really poor. His father has a successful construction business. He just doesn’t dress well or know anything about high society.

Or, rather, it misfits.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 pm

I guess that means you all need some Saturday detention then. :p

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Or, rather, it misfits.

Aaayyyyyy, I see what you did there.

Olthar wrote:

Well, Anastasia's already well on her way to that. In fact, I'm sure she's already pretty well acquainted with it.

The Verdantderm Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Verdantderm Lands » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Olthar wrote:

Dibs on taping another character's buns together!
“Give my people plenty of beer, good beer, and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them.”
-- Queen Victoria

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm

The Verdantderm Lands wrote:
Olthar wrote:I guess that means you all need some Saturday detention then. :p

Dibs on taping another character's buns together!

See, that's a scene I would like to see in this RP. A short, scrawny girl taping someones ass closed while her friends all hold them down.

The Verdantderm Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Verdantderm Lands » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm

Twelve Isles, LOL, Tripetta pretty much looks up to EVERYONE. :)
“Give my people plenty of beer, good beer, and cheap beer, and you will have no revolution among them.”
-- Queen Victoria

The Verdantderm Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Verdantderm Lands » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:40 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
The Verdantderm Lands wrote:Dibs on taping another character's buns together!

See, that's a scene I would like to see in this RP. A short, scrawny girl taping someones ass closed while her friends all hold them down.

I do it with Air Magic!
-- Queen Victoria

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 pm

The Verdantderm Lands wrote:Twelve Isles, LOL, Tripetta pretty much looks up to EVERYONE. :)

Yeah, it doesn't take much to get Tripetta to look up to you. Really, all it takes is being average height.

The Verdantderm Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Verdantderm Lands » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Are we ready for Olthar to get us to The Dig?
-- Queen Victoria

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:43 pm

The Verdantderm Lands wrote:Are we ready for Olthar to get us to The Dig?

I was born ready for the dig.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:05 am

*coughs*
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse