NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Of Michiganites and Museums

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Washington
District of Columbia

Josephine wore a much more casual outfit, wearing a loose dress fit for the summertime, with a rather large brown hat. The outfit felt quite spirited, aided mostly by the bright yellow of the clothing. It had been one that she had received from friends during a summer excursion to Hawaii, hardly like the weather of Washington and Detroit. Nonetheless, it proved quite liberating and to meet with this Representative many years her junior, she intended to match his energy. She had not met nor known much about the man aside from his simple description on paper and she looked forward to befriending the man.

She walked into the museum, looking around but moving rather quickly through the checkpoint. She tried to not stall the line and preferred to move towards one of the exhibits to avoid being noticed. Nonetheless, standing in front of one of the informative signs, she began to look around for her potential future friend. She hoped that her rather latent response to the email had not deterred his arrival.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Jared Bartley
@jbartPAGOV

I’d like to announce my official support for @TheSchlangster for Governor of New Jersey. I’m sure he’ll be a great leader of New Jersey and successor to Hotchkiss.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Last edited by Granluras on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Rep. McCroskey's District Office,
Greenpoint, New York

"Yes, they are in fact about your reelection. Some people say that you're not going to run again and from what I've noticed the rumours might be partially true." John replied.

"I have worked on the Capitol Hill for a while, albeit a fairly short one, and from what I see you might have, umm... different plans - outside of the House, but not outside of politics."

There was something about the way John approached the real reason he was there that bugged him.

He hadn't decided to speak up about it, at least not yet, hoping for an opening to adress the issue in a more diplomatic manner.
Last edited by Alozia on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Meeting a Concerned Constitutent

Brooklyn District Office
Greenpoint
New York

She raised an eyebrow. The rumors had been ones that she had not sought to actively defeat, for she had heard some interesting talk among her fellow Representatives, especially those in the New York delegation, at what her future plans were. So she went ahead.

"Hmm, what do you see exactly? And I should add I am not necessarily confirming those rumors with that question."

She drank her cold tea.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:03 pm

National Air and Space Museum, Washington D.C.

A pair of exceptionally sharp eyes had been Lee's best-developed sense since a concussion in his junior year, but a legally blind man may have been able to spot the woman he was meeting in the crowd with the apparel that she had chosen, bright yellow contrasted against dark skin already sufficient even before the headgear came into play.

Appleby removed himself from his slouch against the wall, and stepped through the checkpoint several steps behind her, covering that distance in a few strides as she stopped before the Apollo command module near the center of the room just beyond the entranceway. Momentarily unsure over how to make his presence known, he went with a simple tap on the shoulder-but brought his finger down lightly on the shoulder opposite of the side he was standing on.
Last edited by Prolieum on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Rep. McCroskey's District Office,
Greenpoint, New York

"While I would like to say that your recent visit to Albany is - what I would call - a good example of how a Representative should act I must admit that it's - sadly - quite unorthodox in today's political climate." Long sentences started coming out of John's mouth and for a second he started to think he had completely lost the ability to speak in a short and concise manner. Perhaps this was just one of the ways his anxiety affected him that day.

Before continuing John decided to take a sip of the water he had asked for, trying to slightly calm down. Despite his attempts his hand was visibly, even if slightly, shaking.

He cleared his throat and continued. "I think you're considering a run for the Governorship."

John wasn't sure if what he said made sense. He couldn't be. He doesn't know McCroskey, he doesn't work for her. Everything he said was based on a bunch of rumours, speculation and a handful of tweets.

Now the only thing left for him was to wait for Eleanor's responce.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
House Offices

Representative Walsh had been doing a lot of reading recently. Revisiting Rand in the form of The Fountainhead had been an interesting experience, Roark speaking to him on a personal level as an example of courage in the face of overwhelming conformity and societal sluggishness. The man who can be, and is thought the Michigander as his polished shoes made steady contact with the floor in front of him. That was the kind of man he had always wanted to be, the one that he was in the CIA, under Dickney, and perhaps even now. But with age brought worries, questions about the future and thoughts on the latter parts of the life of Rand herself. A hypocrite? Possibly, but you would be hard pressed to find someone who was not these days, and even harder pressed to find one worthy of being spared a similarly negative title, he thought.

A man with a letter passed him in the hallway, the quick glance he got of it revealing a congressional seal. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but the movement of stationery was becoming rarer in the age of the email, so he took notice. Walsh decided this was both a good thing and a bad one, for the same reason. He did not think too hard on it, however, because he had an objective in mind that had nothing to do with sorting through philosophy, or answering questions about the moral sustainability of modern communication techniques.

That's because Walsh had been doing some supplementary reading too. Rossi was gone, and with her a source of entertainment in quarrelling with the silly little girl who thought she was "all that", only to be thrown onto the trash heap like so many eager salutatorians before her. Yang was no fun, and Harrington too intelligent. So when Walsh decided to probe further, into the background of a certain representative from Massachusetts, he was surprised, and he changed his calculus appropriately. The meeting he was set to improvise would be political, sure. But only as a pretext. The olympic gymnast turned ditzy politician's wife, or rather ex-wife, was the perfect human alternative to pursuing copious amounts of nothing, something Walsh had decided long ago would be the last resort in all applicable circumstances.

He knocked gently on the door to her office before letting himself in, eyeing the Secretary before giving her a practiced smile.

"Is the Congresswoman in?" he asked politely. "I have important buisness to discuss, Congressman Julius Walsh." he clarified.

Stevenson was on her Blackberry, looking back and forth between the documents on her desk and the phone screen, making sure she got the percentages right. The results had come as a complete surprise and it felt strange how they were actually making her feel sort of bad in a way that she didn't expect. It might have been some weird internal prejudice but she was trying to shake the feeling as something she shouldn't be having as she prepared to go public. She hummed to herself as a distraction as she accidently deleted the text she had put in and started typing again.

Meanwhile the young female secretary smiled at Walsh. "Welcome, Congressman, come right in, I'll bring you right to her." Stevenson had adopted an open door policy for any fellow Representatives or Senators who dropped by, except if Breckenridge ever came.

The secretary led Walsh out through the office to Stevenson coming into a room with an open layout and a casual atmosphere. Many of the staffers were talking to each other and not many looked like they were working though a few tried to look busier when be walked by. All were women and almost all young and a mix of ethnicities.

The secretary cheerfully introduced Stevenson "Here she is!" Stevenson looked up at the surprisingly handsome man and panicked mentally for a second before her quick thinking secretary silently mouthed "Walsh" to her while standing behind him. Kristen stood up to shake his hand and then had to guess the position. "Representative Walsh, it's a pleasure to see you."

Stevenson's Office

"Pleasurable to see you as well Congresswoman." Walsh said slyly, shaking her hand firmly. He examined the room once more, taking in the decor before darting his eyes back to hers and offering a smile. "Its a nice office, very well put together." he complemented. "But I didn't come here to give you props on interior decorating." he joked as the Secretary left the room. "See, I saw your immigration reform proposal, and I thought it was quite nice, very smart. I have been mulling over a similar proposition for quite some time, and I'm glad that others in congress such as yourself have had the forsight to address a pretty complex issue, that of course being our failed/failing immigration system." he explained, keeping eye contact. "I was just wondering if maybe you'd like some assistance with putting these ideas on paper and getting them through? I think I have a lot I can bring to the table." he said, with a very subtle tone at the edge of his voice.

Walsh glanced down at her desk and saw the test results.

"I presume these are the test results?" he said, tapping his finger on the front page.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:33 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Stevenson was on her Blackberry, looking back and forth between the documents on her desk and the phone screen, making sure she got the percentages right. The results had come as a complete surprise and it felt strange how they were actually making her feel sort of bad in a way that she didn't expect. It might have been some weird internal prejudice but she was trying to shake the feeling as something she shouldn't be having as she prepared to go public. She hummed to herself as a distraction as she accidently deleted the text she had put in and started typing again.

Meanwhile the young female secretary smiled at Walsh. "Welcome, Congressman, come right in, I'll bring you right to her." Stevenson had adopted an open door policy for any fellow Representatives or Senators who dropped by, except if Breckenridge ever came.

The secretary led Walsh out through the office to Stevenson coming into a room with an open layout and a casual atmosphere. Many of the staffers were talking to each other and not many looked like they were working though a few tried to look busier when be walked by. All were women and almost all young and a mix of ethnicities.

The secretary cheerfully introduced Stevenson "Here she is!" Stevenson looked up at the surprisingly handsome man and panicked mentally for a second before her quick thinking secretary silently mouthed "Walsh" to her while standing behind him. Kristen stood up to shake his hand and then had to guess the position. "Representative Walsh, it's a pleasure to see you."

Stevenson's Office

"Pleasurable to see you as well Congresswoman." Walsh said slyly, shaking her hand firmly. He examined the room once more, taking in the decor before darting his eyes back to hers and offering a smile. "Its a nice office, very well put together." he complemented. "But I didn't come here to give you props on interior decorating." he joked as the Secretary left the room. "See, I saw your immigration reform proposal, and I thought it was quite nice, very smart. I have been mulling over a similar proposition for quite some time, and I'm glad that others in congress such as yourself have had the forsight to address a pretty complex issue, that of course being our failed/failing immigration system." he explained, keeping eye contact. "I was just wondering if maybe you'd like some assistance with putting these ideas on paper and getting them through? I think I have a lot I can bring to the table." he said, with a very subtle tone at the edge of his voice.

"I presume these are the test results?" he said, tapping his finger on the front page.

Stevenson would have invited Walsh to sit down, but he seemed satisfied standing, and a good lesson that she had learned in hosting was that it was better to adjust the typical norms to a guest than force them on them. She also remained standing and pushed her chair out of the way slightly with her foot. She wasn't wearing any shoes just sitting in her office so the height difference was even more noticeable.

"It is a complex issue and it will take some time to make a bill that can implement it. Really, I was planning on waiting until I was elected to the Senate to start, since they have some more influence on foreign policy stuff and I could take in some feedback. But if you're offering help I wouldn't turn that down!"

She looked down. "Oh yeah, you heard about that?" She sounded a little proud that her taking the test was going public not connecting the dots that if he had heard about her immigration proposal he had probably seen the tweets. "Yeah, they just came in."

She felt a little awkward but a little more coquettish and had a demeanor that was usually naturally a little bit flirty even when it was not intentional. "Wanna see them?"
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Stevenson's Office

Stevenson would have invited Walsh to sit down, but he seemed satisfied standing, and a good lesson that she had learned in hosting was that it was better to adjust the typical norms to a guest than force them on them. She also remained standing and pushed her chair out of the way slightly with her foot. She wasn't wearing any shoes just sitting in her office so the height difference was even more noticeable.

"It is a complex issue and it will take some time to make a bill that can implement it. Really, I was planning on waiting until I was elected to the Senate to start, since they have some more influence on foreign policy stuff and I could take in some feedback. But if you're offering help I wouldn't turn that down!"

She looked down. "Oh yeah, you heard about that?" She sounded a little proud that her taking the test was going public not connecting the dots that if he had heard about her immigration proposal he had probably seen the tweets. "Yeah, they just came in."

She felt a little awkward but a little more coquettish and had a demeanor that was usually naturally a little bit flirty even when it was not intentional. "Wanna see them?"

Stevenson's Office

"I'd love to see them." Walsh said, grinning widely. He maneuvered himself around the desk instead of turning the sheet around to face him, leaving little distance between himself and Stevenson as his eyes moved quickly over the paper and his hands flipped through the results.

"Interesting." he said, "Not exactly what I expected. I'm German and English myself, not much else in there surprisingly, other than a little bit of Italian. Unfortunately that didn't translate into being a good chef, I've still got quite a bit to work on in that department." he said, laughing convincingly. "You were going to release these today? Wonder what the constituents are going to think. Let's hope the anti-Irish resentment in Massachusetts has died off by now." he joked.

He continued to sort through before continuing on.

"If you'd like to hold off till you're in the Senate that's fine, I understand that a certain calculus goes into these things. But if you want to get to work, I'd be more than willing to start that ASAP. I've done a lot of reading on these issues, being a bachelor gives me the time for that, so if there's anything else you've got in the pipeline, national security or immigration wise, I'd be happy to help. I'm on Intelligence too, so if you need an ally there as a freshman, I think I'm your guy." he said with a strategic wink.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Meeting a Concerned Constitutent

Brooklyn District Office
Greenpoint
New York

She let a sly smile break through her rigid facial expression, turning to look down to avoid being too obvious. She composed herself before speaking.

"Well, I've been considering if I can be frank. That or Senator, but I believe that time has come and gone...only a higher power can help us there with Rod Johnson. Still, interesting that you heard that or maybe came to that conclusion yourself."

The woman began to stack some blocks together, trying to distract herself, when she noticed the man's shaking hands.

"Why does it matter? I mean, to you?"

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Vaquas wrote:

Stevenson's Office

"I'd love to see them." Walsh said, grinning widely. He maneuvered himself around the desk instead of turning the sheet around to face him, leaving little distance between himself and Stevenson as his eyes moved quickly over the paper and his hands flipped through the results.

"Interesting." he said, "Not exactly what I expected. I'm German and English myself, not much else in there surprisingly, other than a little bit of Italian. Unfortunately that didn't translate into being a good chef, I've still got quite a bit to work on in that department." he said, laughing convincingly. "You were going to release these today? Wonder what the constituents are going to think. Let's hope the anti-Irish resentment in Massachusetts has died off by now." he joked.

"If you'd like to hold off till you're in the Senate that's fine, I understand that a certain calculus goes into these things. But if you want to get to work, I'd be more than willing to start that ASAP. I've done a lot of reading on these issues, being a bachelor gives me the time for that, so if there's anything else you've got in the pipeline, national security or immigration wise, I'd be happy to help. I'm on Intelligence too, so if you need an ally there as a freshman, I think I'm your guy." he said with a strategic wink.

The joke had Stevenson confused and trying to figure out if there was some hidden meaning or second level to it that she didn't get. There was some Irish in the results but that wasn't the big one. Was he just avoiding that? The weird uncomfortable feeling about the results from earlier returned and she had so much going through her mind that it took her a minute to register that he was now on her side of the desk.

If the bachelor line wasn't already obvious the wink was and the speed of all of it was crazy, she didn't even know who we was four minutes ago but he seemed very direct at getting to know her. Feeling a little bit calculating she turned to half sit on the desk looking up at him.

"Well the timing would be a lot easier if we could be extra sure that I'm going to win that Senate seat. I wonder if a guy could help a girl out with something like that."

It occurred to her that she had literally no idea where he was from and she badly hoped it was not Mississippi.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Washington
District of Columbia

She turned to towards the tapping and looked down, perhaps thinking the man was smaller than she expected. Having no luck, she did a full spin to see him, chuckling.

"I'm old yet still fell for that...there must be a deeper meaning in that."

She offered her hand while talking.

"Awfully nice to finally meet you."

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Stevenson's Office

The joke had Stevenson confused and trying to figure out if there was some hidden meaning or second level to it that she didn't get. There was some Irish in the results but that wasn't the big one. Was he just avoiding that? The weird uncomfortable feeling about the results from earlier returned and she had so much going through her mind that it took her a minute to register that he was now on her side of the desk.

If the bachelor line wasn't already obvious the wink was and the speed of all of it was crazy, she didn't even know who we was four minutes ago but he seemed very direct at getting to know her. Feeling a little bit calculating she turned to half sit on the desk looking up at him.

"Well the timing would be a lot easier if we could be extra sure that I'm going to win that Senate seat. I wonder if a guy could help a girl out with something like that."

It occurred to her that she had literally no idea where he was from and she badly hoped it was not Mississippi.

Stevenson's Office

"I think maybe a guy could." he said, giving her a hard to place look. "I'd have no trouble endorsing the most competent person for the job, Samara is a joke, I'm all in." he assured her, setting down the papers. He let out a chuckle before locking eyes with the freshman Bay Stater. "I don't imagine you have a lot of problems winning over men on Capitol Hill, do you Kristen?" he asked suggestively.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Jamie Johnson was very not Cross that evil Progressive Singh did not win, and Comrade Stansky had gone down in defeat. Jamie Johnson was so happy that he even found out how the Progressives were doing so good in elections in 2016. It was because the Progressives were hacking the emails of the great Democratic Party. A telegraph machine is far too expensive for him to get, so he decided to use the next best thing! From now on he will send the most confidential messages with carrier pigeon! Evil Ellen Walton would have no way of reading carrier pigeon messages. Jamie Johnson do the slap on the back for coming up with such a brilliant idea, before releasing his carrier pigeon called "Servant of Donald" away to deliver an important mesage.

To: The mighty Donald

I have discovered that the evil Progressives have been hacking into our emails, and reading them! That is very not good, so now I am sending messages via carrier pigeon!

P.S
The smelly communists in both CT and NJ were defeated!

Love and Embraces
Jamie

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Prolieum wrote:
New Jersey State House, Trenton, New Jersey

"That's not what we're talking about now," Hotchkiss repeated.

"Is the government going to shut down?" Asked a reporter.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"That's not what we're talking about now," came Hotchkiss's reply.

"Do you believe the opioid crisis should be address in the healthcare bill? Most become addicted to opioids due to a doctor prescribing them, so should fixing that be part of the bill?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

Progressive Primary arriving soon. I want a New York that puts our minorities first, put Progressive values first. Valores progresivos para Nueva York! #ProgressiveforNewYork

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:53 am

Appleby took the handshake with a short motion. "Quite a hat."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 am

"Ask the obstructionist Democrats and 'Progressives' if the government is going to shut down," Hotchkiss replied. "I've done my part, this is all in their hands."

She pivoted over to second reporter, shaking her head. "There isn't any time for any of these changes. The government is about to shut down. Those can be in the next budget. Right now, we have to pass this one."
Male.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Ask the obstructionist Democrats and 'Progressives' if the government is going to shut down," Hotchkiss replied. "I've done my part, this is all in their hands."

She pivoted over to second reporter, shaking her head. "There isn't any time for any of these changes. The government is about to shut down. Those can be in the next budget. Right now, we have to pass this one."

A Buzzfeed reporter, having been sent the wrong address, thought he was supposed to be interviewing an astrologist. But felt that perhaps there was a question to be asked.

"Governor, do you believe your astrology sign could help explain your struggle to work with conflicting sign opposition leaders?"

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 am

Washington
District of Columbia

"Right back at ya."

She turned to face him directly, pushing her purse aside.

"So, why this place?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am

Amused, a feeling she was not expecting to experience at the press conference, Hotchkiss turned up her hands. "You know what? Sure."
Male.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am

Prolieum wrote:

Amused, a feeling she was not expecting to experience at the press conference, Hotchkiss turned up her hands. "You know what? Sure."

Smugly smiling, the Buzzfeed reporter nodded.

"Thank you."

He began to write up an article, short of course, but with journalist integrity nonetheless. Other reporters, taken aback, offered a quick question.

"Governor, what is your birthdate? Or your sign? Both perhaps?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 am

"Offices are boring," Appleby answered. "Nothing to look at, just long lines of boring spaces. A building full of them. I spend too much time there already."

He glanced around their immediate surroundings. This is the boring part of this place, too. The better stuff is up there." He gestured to the escalator to his right, and Stafford's left.
Male.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 am

Washington
District of Columbia

"Hmm, sure."

She moved towards the escalator, slowing down to walk alongside the man.

"So, which office did you get? A good one?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse