NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

"I would prefer we not assume right now. While those are valid points, this primary is a chance for voters to decide who to support, for the party to decide. As an official, I would not like to offer anything of substance, especially in regards to voter lists and the like if that's what you are implying."

She had taken a serious tone but returned to a neutral expression.

"I haven't looked into the Representative greatly but some of his endorsers are questionable at best. Perhaps focusing on his legislative record might help? Which bills he voted for, which he didn't. What bills has he even passed or cosponsored?"

“That’ll require a lot of paper shuffling, but I’d get a lot of good dirt on him through it. I could attack him on all of his Republican endorsements, since naturally the New York community is left-leaning, we could paint him as a corporate Democrat. Something of that sort. Would that work?”
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Bradley International Airport
Hartford
Connecticut

"That is absolutely great, I understand the concern. It certainly worries me now that I am a father...so many good and bad things to look forward to. Yes, the Senator is great, I am proud to have been able to meet with him. We will certainly be working with him more if we both are elected."

He smiled at his comment.

"How'd you guess ol' chap?"

He laughed at his own question, before returning an actual response.

"Yes, I am. I am at your disposal, for a speech, an event, some handshaking and baby kissing, I am here to help in this final leg of the race."

"Well, what I was thinking is you could do an ad and a social media push, you're very popular among Democrats so I was thinking you could speak to them directly and make the pitch for them to vote for me instead of Schmidt. A full-throated endorsement on your show would also be fantastic." Singh responded. "Whatever works for you, I just want the people to know I've got you on my side Governor." he explained.
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:28 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

Thatcher nodded.

"Yes it will. But the corporate Democrat label should hardly be difficult. He is a Johnson, the family smells of corporatism and dynasticism. But it does mean he does have massive wealth, speaking of which, how is your campaign's own fundraising efforts?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

Thatcher nodded.

"Yes it will. But the corporate Democrat label should hardly be difficult. He is a Johnson, the family smells of corporatism and dynasticism. But it does mean he does have massive wealth, speaking of which, how is your campaign's own fundraising efforts?"

“Quite lacklustre. I was hoping the Progressive Party would provide funds for the general. Would it?”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

Noemie smiled.

"Well, I hope you can make some renewed efforts in that department then. But yes, the Party will provide increased funds for the general. Though I should make it clear, money will be directed towards high-profile races and while New York will certainly fit that categorization, one way to gage voter support and electability is your own ability to fundraise."
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

Noemie smiled.

"Well, I hope you can make some renewed efforts in that department then. But yes, the Party will provide increased funds for the general. Though I should make it clear, money will be directed towards high-profile races and while New York will certainly fit that categorization, one way to gage voter support and electability is your own ability to fundraise."

“No need to worry, Noemie. I will keep up the fundraising efforts, I think it is also time I dabble in the corporate sector for fundraising. That’s the only way I could win in a general election, because Progressive recognition won’t be that high.”
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Singh's Car
Hartford
Connecticut

He nodded along, with Emilio taking notes, still silent.

"Yes, we can do that. An ad, on television and social media, would be a key way to push out the message. I can certainly do that for you as I suppose all votes matter. Unfortunately, I believe the show's airing won't make it on time for the election, but I can certainly get the message out there."

He looked down before looking back up.

"I hope that works...and for the social media push, what do you mean? Some tweets? Some Instagram posts? Livestreaming?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm

TO, Mayor Ellen Walton
FROM, Mayor Joh Stansky

Hey,

If I endorse your candidate in Connecticut, Sadan Singh, could you not run a Progressive Candidate in the New Jersey senate race for 2018? My endorsement could help secure Singh a victory, especially among Union Democrats, and in turn, I would like to win the New Jersey Senate Race with a Progressive message, without having my vote split by your party.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Singh's Car
Hartford
Connecticut

He nodded along, with Emilio taking notes, still silent.

"Yes, we can do that. An ad, on television and social media, would be a key way to push out the message. I can certainly do that for you as I suppose all votes matter. Unfortunately, I believe the show's airing won't make it on time for the election, but I can certainly get the message out there."

He looked down before looking back up.

"I hope that works...and for the social media push, what do you mean? Some tweets? Some Instagram posts? Livestreaming?"

"Tweets, Instagram, everything you've got a following on would be great." Singh indicated. "Putting the ad itself on social media as well as tv is a good call. Shame about the show, wish we could have organized earlier, its been hectic." he said, scratching his beard. "I very much appreciate the support Scotty, LA's new Mayor is going to be fantastic."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Singh's Car
Hartford
Connecticut

He nodded.

"Yes, we can make that happen then. Perhaps I will also go canvassing, some get out the vote and vote for Singh stuff. Here and Bridgeport as well, just as a final thing. I can do that by myself to keep your schedule from becoming too hectic. If you think it'll help of course."

He chuckled.

"No problem, proud to be endorsing a man like you. The future Senator of this great state!"

He opened his arms to supplement the commentary.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:09 pm

The Healthcare Conference

State Capital Building
Albany
New York

The Speaker waited before speaking and joining the fray.

"Costs and revenue are both concerns and considerations we must take. I agree with the cost of living adjustment, but we must strive it is not controlled by any partisan agency. It must take into account all changes, both policy and event wise. I would prefer to not see major cuts to transportation, for the reasons I outlined already. And Medicaid hardly should receive less money, we have the federal dollars now."

She nodded towards the Progressive.

"I concur, we need to push for a tax increase for the rich. A modest one like he proposed."

She pointed towards the Progressive, before returning to her seat, whipping her hair back.

"Any specific rates in mind? Keep in mind it cannot be too drastic, otherwise we may have limited capital flight from the state."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Rally in the 1st

Smithtown
Long Island
New York State

Marli had taken out some new credit cards, with the cosignature of her mother, Jasmine, to afford a venue on Long Island. The Republicans had rebounded a bit on the island and she hoped to be able to capitalize on their probably more center and moderate beliefs. She had done a bit of research before simply deciding on a church community center. Her mother had helped convince the owners and Marli had paid, wincing as she saw the tab add up. When they arrived, they publicized the rally, hoping to bring out a big crowd.

Marli arrived with her mother towing behind, setting up chairs and tables themselves. She fixed the microphone and checked that it worked, as the venue owners helped turn on the sound system. Everything was set as people began to file in, many from NYC itself who had taken the trip. Cleaning off her dress, her mother prepared to welcome and speak first, offering to show a new side of Marli to the people. The election was wrapping up soon and she hoped to win, or at least give a fighting chance.

"Hello my friends, my fellow New Yorkers, and my fellow brothers and sisters. We have gathered here today to offer our support to a woman who I believe to be truly fit and prepared to represent all of us, to represent each of us. Or perhaps, some of you have come simply to lend an ear to her message. But as her mother and as a New Yorker, I know that she will win you over. The alternative radicals, those without humanity and American and Christian values call her unfit and call her unprepared, even that she is unqualified. But I offer a different narrative. She is a daughter, a woman, who when hard times came, she dug in her heels and prepared herself for a grueling time."

She paused, for dramatic effect, before going on.

"She did not allow herself to be beat, she was resilient, she was focused on what her passion would be, making music and sounds. Now, her passion has changed. She has received a vision from above, a vision which led to her deciding to run to be an advocate, a delegate, a trustee, a representative for each of you. To take what hardships you suffer and she has gone through, to take what experiences you suffer and she shares, to take your interests you have and she knows, to this country's capital. It is about fighting for the families of New York, families like her own and which I am blessed to be a part of."

Her words rose in volume.

"She is fighting to give those fathers and mothers jobs and opportunity, to offer them the chance to have better jobs and more money in their pockets instead of lining the hands of big businesses and ineffective, morally deficient government. Similarly, she is working to protect the children of families across this state, to protect them from dangerous criminals and gangs that are in our cities. She will stand up to them. And to offer them the best education, offering to give them the very best education and chances to choose their own."

She spoke in a commanding tone.

"She fights for families and for New York's people's. As the Statue of Liberty states..."Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"...that is what my daughter Marli will do. She will fight for those by stressing economic freedom, educational freedom, and crime freedom to protect our families across this great state. Her heart is in the right place, her heart to fight for these concepts. She is unlike her opponent who spouts hate and whose endorsers similarly espouse to hate and bigotry. Instead, she remains centered on families and opportunity. She will help this state's people breath free, free from opponents of justice and jobs! Her values and beliefs are in the right place, now will your votes be in the right place as well?"

She cheered, with others joining her as Marli took the stage. Marli began to speak.

"Thank you everyone! I am glad to finally get out of da city, to spread my message to all communities n families across da state! It is bout time dat we have a candidate not focused on spreadin' their message of hate or insanity, instead simply on families n da freedoms we all need. Dis is exactly wat we need, nothin' less n nothin' mo'. My mother n I are not rich, nor even middle-class. Instead, we are simply hard-workin' citizens of dis state, residents of dis state where we do our best to survive despite da crushin' political systems put onto us. But I simply could not stand dat. I could not stand by n see the changes bein' introduced by da extremes of da left, demandin' austerity taxes, or by da right, demandin' racist n bigoted policies."

She paced with the microphone from the stand.

"We can't allow ourselves to even consider dese measures as actual policy. Instead, I decided to run to restore da focus on family values, to focus on wat families n everyday people want. We are da silent majority, not wantin' radical proposals but simply policies to help our lead freer lives, freer from crime, taxes, and cripplin' regulation. Dese are da primary planks n parts of my platform, focused on makin' life easier for each of you. Dozens of communities n neighborhoods, from New York City to Long Island, from Staten Islands to Albany, from upstate New York's towns to its rural areas, we must be able to help everyday people pay less in taxes, help dem feel safe in their towns n cities, n help their children achieve da best education."

Her voice rose.

"My opponent doesn't understand dat. He subscribes to da producers of hatred n bigotry, he focuses on da crazy actions of da extremes instead of da hard-workin' people of dis state. Why? He simply has had everythin' handed to him. He went to an Ivy League school, fed from a trust fund, n continued to make his way in da media empire of da elite. He is out of touch from da hard-workin' class of dis state, out of touch from hardship. So dat is why he criticizes my proposals, my proposals which simply seek to relieve dis country's majority from da cripplin' policies enacted on dem due to da lack of their advocates."

She prepared to finish.

"I have entered dis race to lower taxes, wit a promise to not raise taxes on dose who make less dan six figures, allowing dem to keep mo money in their pockets, a promise no other candidate in dis race could make. I also promise to build infrastructure n cut regulations for small businesses, to generate jobs across dis state n offer opportunity to dis state's neediest. And to protect da children of da families in dis state, by tacklin' crime, drugs, n supportin' educational reform. It is time our students can go to school witout bein' limited n to live n play witout threat of bein gunned down. I have witnessed dese issues across dis state n I have lived through it. N now, I want to be part of da solution. So I humbly ask for your vote, let us beat hate n bigotry, n vote for family freedom!"

She smiled as people cheered and Jasmine joined her, waving and going to mingle in the crowd. They handed out simple pamphlets and introduced themselves to many. They socialized and spoke one on one, hoping to smooze more voters by dividing the conquering. They welcomed many to be volunteers for canvassing, hoping to stay in the district a little while later to help push more supporters. She loved it and made many jokes, hoping to win over more and avoided her past from coming up. Her mother kissed her on the forehead, telling her plainly: "This is how you win."

iamMarliO
@iamMarliO

Super happy to have been on Long Island to spread ma message bout supporting educational freedom, crime freedom, and economic freedom fo families! It is time to focus on bringin justice n jobs to dis state. Glad to have had da chance to meet many people wit my ma! #RestorinFamilyFreedom #JusticeNJobsAreKey #MarliO4Senate

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Solidarity Connecticut HQ, Hartford, Connecticut

Solidarity Connecticut's board held one final meeting in their "war room" to prepare their game plan. All of the board members that were previously recruited and organized by Valentine were in attendance, including his brother Reginaldo.

"Ok guys, this is it. Tomorrow is the election. Let's go over our strategy, cause it's gonna get crazy," Valentine began.

"Valentine, if I may-" Reginaldo interjected, "I'd like to say a few words to the board."

Valentine nodded, and the Senator continued. "This election has gone well. Given the fact that we have a flawed candidate, a weak Democrat that's propped up by the establishment, and a something of a Republican machine in this state, we have excelled by any standard. We have coordinated with labor, with working families, and now with the Hispanic community of this state, and the results are going to be rewarding, in my opinion. I am proud of the grassroots outreach, the hours used, and the blood, sweat, and tears that have been poured into this campaign. Whatever happens tomorrow, I want you all to know that I am proud to have been a part of this, and the progressive movement we are building. Thank you."

Everyone nodded and clapped in approval.

"Thanks Reggie," Valentine continued. "So let's go through the general plan for tomorrow. We will go around the room, starting with Mike." Each member of the board had a paper with a general overview of the plan.

Mike began, "Right, so I've been handling media over the course of the campaign. We are going to continue with the ads we have been running so far, including Spanish-language versions in the Bridgeport, New Haven, and Hartford media markets. We really want the Singh name to be in the back of people's minds. We are also upping the social media and digital ads for the final stretch, to try and remind people to vote. We've been hitting the airwaves pretty hard, and it's only gonna get harder between now and tomorrow night."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Valentine nodded to Sarah for her to begin. Sarah said, "We recruited a lot of volunteers this cycle. I mean a lot. A lot of people are pissed off after 2016, and were looking to get involved. It's too late to recruit a lot now, though. Now we are looking at general strategy. Ive recruited volunteer drivers and rented buses and vans for Waterbury, Hartford, Danbury, Bridgeport, New Haven, and Stamford. We aren't going to be able to compete with the local Democratic machines, but we are going to undercut them. The goal is to transport voters who are old, lacking transportation, or are newly registered, and bring them to their polling stations. We have a shift chart set up for each precinct, and I think we should be able to move a lot of bodies. My union buddies are helping me to coordinate this, and they have been a big help. We also have volunteers at the phones who will be spending the day calling and texting the thousands of voters our campaign registered, to remind them to vote. Need be, we will remind them how to vote and who to vote for. And give them transportation, like I said. We are also placing signs in front of polling places, as it's legal in this state. That'll come tonight though. Uhh, what else...oh yeah, we have our campus volunteers turning out college and high school students, reminding them to vote and stuff. They can be unreliable, but college students have been really energized for Singh which is awesome. Should cover it."

"Thanks," Valentine replied. "We'll finish with you, Representative Jiminez."

The state Representative nodded. "My pet project recently has been Hispanic outreach. I've been making sure to get Spanish versions of our ads up, and to really hone in on the inner cities. A lot of Spanish speakers have responded well to Singh, with his immigrant background, and that sort of thing. The Roberts and Schmidt campaigns haven't reached out at all to Hispanic voters it would seem, which is to our benefit. Hell, I've been out there as a surrogate myself and community leaders have been really receptive to it. Only issue is, Hispanics tend to not hit the polls. That's where your work comes in, Sarah. We have to hit Spanish speaking neighborhoods, community centers, that sort of thing, with the transportation and the reminder calls. This is one of the weakest flanks of the Democratic machines in the cities. They haven't locked down Hispanics, if you want them to turn out you gotta work for it. I think we are putting the work in. It helps Alphonsey is getting attached to Singh's name, Hispanics like him."

Reginaldo smiled. "Thank you for the compliment, Al. Valentine, I'm going to write a personal check for the campaign. I want food and drinks for the volunteers tomorrow, we have to make sure they are well fed. Morale is of the utmost importance to any good campaign."

Sarah replied, "The volunteers will appreciate that. They enjoyed the speech you gave in the last stretch, it really was a good boost. A lot of volunteers are really pissed off at the way things are going in Washington. POMA, Minuteman, and WAC have been killer."

Valentine interjected. "Let's get back to work everyone."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Singh's Car
Hartford
Connecticut

He nodded.

"Yes, we can make that happen then. Perhaps I will also go canvassing, some get out the vote and vote for Singh stuff. Here and Bridgeport as well, just as a final thing. I can do that by myself to keep your schedule from becoming too hectic. If you think it'll help of course."

He chuckled.

"No problem, proud to be endorsing a man like you. The future Senator of this great state!"

He opened his arms to supplement the commentary.

"Thank you Scotty. Running for public office like this turns making friends into a chore, but that hasn't really been the case with the two of us." he said, smiling. "I'm happy to have people with similar principles in this fight with me. I think we're gonna win this thing."
Democratic Nominee 2024

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Gross Ile Municipal Airport, Michigan

The date was the seventeenth of May, and its meaning was as an anniversary, marking the start of the forty-seventh year since Lee Appleby's birth in an emergency room down in Sin City. Congress was in session, but he wasn't, skipping out on the day's work to make his way back up to the suburbs of Detroit, and spend his day on his own terms.

Right now, that meant an early start to the day, where "early" meant an 0300 waking, and "start" had a great deal more put into it than a morning stroll. He had asked Julia the night before, over a meal of two plates of salad, whether she would come up with him this AM, offering to push back the starting time to something more 'reasonable'. She, of course, declined, which was not any different from what he had expected. He had not had much of a reason to ask, with his offers holding steady at a zero percent success rate, but he had made the overture regardless, and made no comment or reaction upon it being declined. It was a distant meal, not much closer with the couple sitting across a table from each other than when they were eating their respective meals a thousand miles distant, Washington from Wyandotte. The gap had been increasing over the last years, a gulf opening, not in a sudden earthquake or violent outburst, but with the steady monotony of continental drift. The rift was not one that brought much in the way of anger, or much in the way of any reaction. Occasional inquisitions on the state of affairs on Lee's end aside, it was little referenced, if always noticed, and each kept up their state of affairs with no outward acknowledgement of it, even as subtle changes were made in accordance with its reality.

But, the empty cockpit behind Appleby's helmeted head had been empty when he took his first flight after the purchase of this particular beauty more than seven years ago-the most expensive purchase, exempting investment, of his life, in fact, and in that regard, today was no different from that different time as the would-be aviator received the clearance he had been waiting for at the small airstrip, and settled himself in to begin.

He glanced over the bevy of dials and meters before him, was satisfied with them, eyeballed the runway before him, and gently goosed the throttle, tires rolling forward below on unseen concrete as he picked up speed, a throaty roar slowly building behind him until the AL-31F engines spouted flames, blazing candles in the darkness before the dawn, hurtling the craft out, and then up, as he climbed skyward. Manipulating the stick with an ease borne of experience, Appleby banked in a long sweep before slicing south by south-west, ascending all the while, but slowly, staying fairly close to the ground.

He maintained the course for a few minutes, settling himself in the cockpit, before a glance at his instruments and an aileron roll confirmed his location for him, as he banked again to direct himself eastwards, descending as he did so. The ground below him, seeming to only slowly be meandering by, with a sluggishness that belied the speed at which he was travelling, even if it was still only a fraction of that of an airliner, soon fell away, replaced by an expanse of freshwater stretching nearly as far as the eye could see, and letting him know that this would be where the fun would begin.

With a clear radar and nothing around him, Appleby nudged the craft below a thousand feet, and then below five hundred, closing as far as he dared towards the murky water, until it felt like another inch below would turn the aircraft into a skipping stone. A false assumption, with the Congressman's disquiet over the far-too-close surface exceeding his daring and keeping him some distance above still, yet not enough to expunge either the gnawing worry or the tingling thrill from his mind.

With a cautious anticipation, nerves afire, half like an old man, half like a schoolboy, Appleby pushed the throttle forward, millimeter by millimeter onward, as the wind whipped ever fiercer against the reinforced glass, and the airspeed ticked up in shaken spurts until finally, hovering on the edge, carefully readjusting his grip, he flicked off a switch with his left hand, went forward with the throttle in a single surge. The engine exhaust spouted yet brighter flames, and his stomach nearly leaped into his throat with the final burst of acceleration, one at last bringing him to what he had been seeking. compressed pressure waves forced together by the velocity, slamming together as a shockwave cone rippled into being around the nose, and shot backwards across the airframe with a resounding boom.

Appleby grinned, throttling back slowly as he entered a gentle ascent, content not to push the envelope any farther today, as he decelerated to a more reasonable speed, pulling a wingover to reverse direction and start heading back, plenty of fuel remaining, but not seeing a need to burn all the way through it. A tingle was still running through his body at the feeling, almost enough to push out a small, wry grin from the stoic man.

It was good advice that they gave: always start your birthday with a boom.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Appleby's Office, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

Regrettably having returned to the actual job he had been elected to, an irritating spate of writer's block had driven Appleby to a look over his email inbox. He nearly passed over the email from the unknown desert-woman, but the Stafford name caught his eye enough that he supposed he ought to respond to a message from his state's former Senator, or at least an underling of hers. He clacked away a response.

To: Ana Castner (Acastner@sahara.org)
Subject: Re: Former Senator Stafford (D-MI)

National Air and Space Museum, 16:30.

Lee Appleby,

United States Representative: Michigan-12
Last edited by Prolieum on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Sadan Chaudhari Singh

@SinghForConnecticut

When you go to the polls Connecticut, vote for progress. Vote against the NRA. Vote against WAC. Vote against POMA. Vote against the idea that healthcare is a privilege for the rich. Vote against police brutality. Vote against the status quo and for a voice that will fight for you in the United States Senate. Vote Progressive. Vote Singh for Connecticut, and vote to send a message to Washington that enough is enough.
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Litchfield Rally for Carter Roberts

Simon Denisevich had returned to his home, Litchfield. His homecoming had much fanfare, a successful 2 term governor, mastermind behind a President’s rise and now his right hand man. He was a local hero.

Litchfield was an a stronghold a larger share of Litchfield County residents voted for Denisevich than in any other county in Connecticut. Despite majority support for the Republican nominee in presidential elections, Litchfield has not been as supportive of the Republican Party on the congressional level. Simon however had built a machine, lists of names, financers, grassroots activists, he had been making calls for weeks ensuring that they all backed Roberts in the Senate campaign. While Havich’s non-endorsement had been a setback and unnerved many, Simon kept his men steady.

In a hotel ballroom he had rented out he had assembled the machine, dozens and hundreds of the states republican leaders. Everyone who had influence from the top down, independents, friends, allies, everyone that owed him a favor was there. They conversed and chatted, one by one Simon met every one of them, moving painstakingly through the crowd, making assurances and promises about Carter Roberts his candidacy and how the Reed administration would benefit them. Simon lost track of how many hands he shook.

The next morning he stood outside in the cold, before a crowd of supporters… many of which had propelled him to the governorship what seemed like a lifetime ago. One either side of the stage were the most prominent leaders he could gather, every police chief, pastor, PTA board member, councilman, hometown hero he could find and who could speak. One after one they gave their speeches, rallying for Carter Roberts, rallying against Schmidt or Singh. Finally Simon took his turn.

“Hello! It’s always good to be home. You know when I was first elected people kept talking about how I was the ‘next generation’ well now let me tell you… Carter Roberts is the next generation. We talk about Citizen-Soliders, those who selflessly serve their country… Roberts is a citizen politician, a down to earth guy who has been blessed in so many ways by our nation. He wants to give back and thats why we need to send him to the Senate!”

The crowd cheered at this many waving “Go Cart Go” signs, Simon let them go on a bit before continuing.

“Roberts is a man with a big heart, he represents the best of America, a man who will always make us proud, he is a strong and caring leader who is down to earth and confident in the challenge this moment demands.”

“He understands what it fundamentally means to be an American, We are a good and generous people who are united by so much more than what divides us. He understands the value of freedom, freedom of religion, of speech and thought, the freedom of life, the freedom to grow a business and prosper, freedom to give our children a better life than we had. And in that freedom we are kin.”

“America always had a blessing of optimism, but a few years back we started to lose that. Under President Winston, for the first time the majority of Americans… doubted their children would have a better life. This last election you rejected the old, you rejected the doubt and fear, you sent President Calvin Reed to the White House, a man that I tell you now makes me proud to be an American. Together with Cal leading the way we can make that better future, but we need help. Singh and Schmidt…. They support an agenda of Winston, of a time when Americans began to lose hope, Carter Roberts support the way forward.”

“A Path of light, a path of liberty, of better education, of better healthcare, of lower taxes and a more responsible government. This was the hope and change America voted for in 2016. It's not just what we wanted. It's not just what we expected. It's what Americans deserved.”

“Our state… Our nation deserves better than to recycle the ideas of the past 8 years, lets move forward. God Bless Connecticut, God Bless the United States and GO CART GO!!!”

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Dan Schmidt
@OldDanSchmidt

It's hard to believe Singh anymore. He used to call himself a Democrat before he ditched the party because he was going to lose the primary, and now he has turned to complete hatred

Dan Schmidt
@OldDanSchmidt

Singh's favorite surrogate Reginaldo Alphonsey just got on stage for a rally and called Democrats "evil." Murder is evil, rape is evil, racism is evil and now Democrats are evil? He describes Democrats the same way he describes Nazis. Millions of us in Connecticut are being attacked on a personal level by crazed hateful radicals

Dan Schmidt
@OldDanSchmidt

I just want to make Connecticut a better place with real gun control that Singh rejects and fighting the opioid epidemic that is so important. Singh is nothing but self interested and corrupt trying to buy the election with dirty money while spewing hatred at all of us in the party he used to be a part of

Dan Schmidt
@OldDanSchmidt

I'm just a normal guy who wants to do the right thing. Don't vote for hate and corruption and a self interested man who only cares about himself and hates everyone who doesn't crown him. Vote Schmidt for Connecticut.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:57 pm

The Healthcare Conference

State Capital Building
Albany
New York

Speaker Wayy weighed her options.

"I would need more details, but a 2% to 5% increase could work. What do you think?"

She pointed to the Progressive, unable to recall his name at the moment.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

"Good, but of course be careful from who you accept donations. We would prefer to not be tied with a damaging business or worse, become stuck in a favor-for-favor type deal."

She squinted at Patricia, trying to read her reaction, before returning to normal vision.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Singh's Car
Hartford
Connecticut

"You're telling me. But I've always tried to take this campaigning stuff in stride. Its truly fun to me, and I think that authenticity shows. But I understand the way it can feel forced, but that's okay, as long as you know that your reason for what you're doing is pure and right. And I know yours is."

He put a hand on Singh's shoulder.

"I know it can feel tough, and no matter what happens, you ran a great campaign. You have pushed out an amazing message, and coming from a party that has often struggled with that, I am proud to see you take that mantle. You may feel lost right now with everything finally culminating, and you might feel at a loss tomorrow, even if you win. But remember what got you here, your beliefs. Remember that not all those who wander are lost."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

"Good, but of course be careful from who you accept donations. We would prefer to not be tied with a damaging business or worse, become stuck in a favor-for-favor type deal."

She squinted at Patricia, trying to read her reaction, before returning to normal vision.

"Of course. I wouldn't want it to hurt my campaign. I want to keep it safe and run a good campaign. Any hiccups that may have occurred already are the last of them. I'm running a slick campaign from here on out and I won't be blinded by politics. I hope I have proven myself as a good candidate for New York."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Calvin Reed
@TheWhip

Carter Roberts is a good, honest, principled man, and he has my full support. Go get 'em, Go-Cart.
Male.

Spirit of America
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Spirit of America » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:59 pm

Connecticut Statewide Advertisement

Moderacy over extremism.

Country before opportunism.

Honesty above corruption.

Carter Roberts for Connecticut. The right man for the job.

This message paid for by the Spirit of America PAC

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse