NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:"We must do something to cut costs slightly. COLAS need adjusted. Medicaid and transportation need less drastic cuts. I am not sure about affirmative action."

"Costs aren't the problem, revenue is the problem. We have an entire street of multibillionaires in NYC who are paying pennies on the dollar into our treasury. Our budget needs the boost and they'll barely feel a modest tax increase"

"It is clearly an expense problem, we have the highest taxes of almost any other State, but somehow you are saying that we have a revenue problem. Now i apologize, but I think you are being silly"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am

William B. Brennan
@CTBrennan
Mellissa Hotchkiss was put in an extremely difficult position in an extremely difficult time. She has done her best in order to reach across the aisle to create a budget that works for all in NJ.

William B. Brennan
@CTBrennan
Gov. Hotchkiss is far more deserving of her position than the 2 clowns running for the other parties. I urge all voters in New Jersey to give her another mandate to govern

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
"Costs aren't the problem, revenue is the problem. We have an entire street of multibillionaires in NYC who are paying pennies on the dollar into our treasury. Our budget needs the boost and they'll barely feel a modest tax increase"

"It is clearly an expense problem, we have the highest taxes of almost any other State, but somehow you are saying that we have a revenue problem. Now i apologize, but I think you are being silly"

"We have more concentrated wealth than any other state and now we have larger responsibilities. If we want to be fiscally responsible it just makes sense that we bring in more revenue now that we have larger responsibilities and your party supposedly loves to be fiscally responsible."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:59 am

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov
Kristen Stevenson be somebody who made many mistakes in her life, and offended God. However, she has repented for her sinful life of decadence by promoting a social agenda that I can say that I endorse! Thus I endorse her bid to become the next Senator from Massachusetts, and bring Christian values to her State!

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
The Union won the civil war and the south fought for slavery and not freedom

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 pm

"I think that we should conduct a complete audit of the state's books to find out what is wasteful and what is not. If there are tax increases needed after cutting wasteful spending, then we go that route."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov
Kristen Stevenson be somebody who made many mistakes in her life, and offended God. However, she has repented for her sinful life of decadence by promoting a social agenda that I can say that I endorse! Thus I endorse her bid to become the next Senator from Massachusetts, and bring Christian values to her State!

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
"You just endorsed her to make her seem racist and a far-right agitator. This is a sabatouer's hand at work. By the way, it's 'Can Pay, Will Pay' any funding scheme the feds legally tell you."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
Arab-Americans are just as American as European-Americans

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:42 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
Contraception should be legal

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
African-Americans have done more for this country than every Confederate put together combined and doubled

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl

Yankee doodle is a great song

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Boyd's Steakhouse
Martinsburg
West Virginia

Lenny sat back and considered these withdraws, after changing his mind a few times he finally spoke.
"These endorsementsth have no obligationsth and don't even give me a scrap of money or good pressth. If you, as an expert at this, give me this advice I will follow it. Leave them dead in their tracksth in New York."

He made a mocking pft noise "People call me alt right, I scrape them endorsesth away but they will still call me alt right. I need redemption when I throw those endorsementsth away, I've done some stupid thingsth and dedicating some attention and rallies to throwing these people out isn't gonna help it. Tell me, what's the best way of saying I disown their endorsements without sounding like a liar to everyone looking at me."
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 pm

The Healthcare Conference

State Capital Building
Albany
New York

The Speaker waited before speaking and joining the fray.

"Costs and revenue are both concerns and considerations we must take. I agree with the cost of living adjustment, but we must strive it is not controlled by any partisan agency. It must take into account all changes, both policy and event wise. I would prefer to not see major cuts to transportation, for the reasons I outlined already. And Medicaid hardly should receive less money, we have the federal dollars now."

She nodded towards the Progressive.

"I concur, we need to push for a tax increase for the rich. A modest one like he proposed."

She pointed towards the Progressive, before returning to her seat, whipping her hair back.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 pm

(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@MSGov
Massachusetts values are infidelity and sodomy! Nothing good done come from that State!

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
Just in case anyone got fooled by this troll

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

She spoke after another sip of coffee.

"Yes, that is the point. As for the debate, it is unlikely. The election is already nearing. But the Progressive machine is being built, with email lists and addresses, along with general names and donor information. We have compiled a lot already. We will be able to push a big turnout for the primary, and then we can work closely with the candidate whoever it is to continue to build our ground game."

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Sadan for Connecticut Statewide Ad

The Ad shows Singh walking through the Streets of Hartford, interacting with various people as he does so. The people's occupations and activities match up with whatever issue he is talking about at the time. The Ad is aired statewide in both English and Spanish.

"My name is Sadan Singh. I am a proud Connecticut entrepreneur running for the United States Senate to represent our state and bring our history-making values to the forefront of the national conversation. I'm running so that the common sense reforms we've been fighting for can come into fruition, and so that new ideas can be explored that will help us to form a more perfect union. These reforms may not happen overnight, but I promise you I will fight every day, around the clock, to make sure that we secure a bright future for ourselves and our children.

As a dad, I know that raising a kid is tough, and its even harder as a working parent struggling to make ends meet while still making time for your kids. That's why I'm championing Universal Pre-K, so that every child, regardless of zip code or background, can have access to an early start that prepares them for K-12 and builds a strong foundation while their parents work to provide.

Across the state, I've heard from Veterans and Military Families, and there is nothing more painful than hearing stories of our men and women in uniform struggling as they come home from abroad. That's why I'm pledging a renewed focus on mental health treatment for our wounded warriors, and ensuring that under my plan, any veteran who wants a job, will get a job, through a federal guarantee of Universal Vet Employment.

As a first generation American, I have seen poverty, coming from nothing to live the American dream is what shaped me. That's why I believe that nobody should be turned away and denied medical care because of an inability to pay. Healthcare is a human right, not a privilege for the rich, and I plan to pursue Medicare for All as the vehicle to ensure that that very basic principle makes its way into law. Rising prescription drug costs, an opioid epidemic that eats its way into every corner of our lives, and an uptick in cancer diagnoses across the country are major problems with no one single solution, and its time that we elect representatives who are willing to confront this fact and take steps to cut at the root of the problems. I pledge to work to increase federal research into the recent cancer resurgence, direct more funds towards combating the opioid crisis, and punish pharmaceutical companies that put profit above those dependent on their lifesaving drugs.

I am a businessman. I worked to build a fair and responsible company from nothing. But I could not have done it without Connecticut's infrastructure, education system, and talent. As our economy suffers, we must turn to our workers to build a system that works for everyone. We must support our organized labor and small businesses, and double down on maintaining the industries that our state has always been known for.

I believe that America is the greatest country in the world. But I believe that we can do better. When I was younger, I worked to bring a service and representation to my community, a segment of this diverse nation. That personal experience and those like it are only drops in the bucket of what we need to get done. We will lead the world into the future and do it in a way that sets an example for our children, but it will take strength in diversity, and a society that is open, tolerant, and forward thinking. Vote for me when you head to the polls Connecticut, because its time that we stand up for our most basic, shared values, together."
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Meeting Sadan Singh

Bradley International Airport
Hartford
Connecticut

The cross-country flight had been an exhausting endeavor. There had been a brief layover in La Guardia which had given his group of aides time to refresh themselves and get some actual food. But the burger had hardly been filling and Scotty was terribly hungry for some more suitable food. He hoped Mr. Singh had some place in mind or else he might have to suck it up and eat Emilio's apparently endless supply of granola bars. As the plane finished taxing to the gate, they stood up.

People could not stop looking at him, and already on this flight and the last, he had given many signatures and cameos on pictures. The scene had calmed down but he could already feel eyes watching him as he got up and grabbed his bags. The remaining aides similarly grabbed their items and followed him into the airport. Heads turned as his team took off down the terminal and pictures snapped though Scotty tried to ignore the attention, smiling at a couple people to avoid appearing annoyed. Emilio guided the group onto the baggage claim and with media already turning up, he quickly gave orders.

"Guys, you can take our bags to the hotel. I'll forward you the details. And I'll text the Singh person where they are..."

Scotty put on sunglasses and nodded, as the group dispersed into different directions. Emilio and he took off towards the pick-up, scouting for the person who would take them to meet the Ambassador as the rest took the team's baggage off to be loaded in probably an Uber.

Meeting Sadan Singh

Hartford
Connecticut

Scotty and Emilio continued to wait, scanning their phones. Emilio searched for the instructions from the Singh campaign, unsure if he had perhaps misread the email. Scotty, on the other hand, played Eight Ball on iOS with his wife, enjoying his strong margin of victory over her.

A man approached Scotty and gave him a winning smile as he stretched out his hand.

"Michael Douglass, I'm the director of Communications for Ambassador Singh's campaign, he's waiting in the car, you can follow me." he said, finishing off the handshake and motioning for the Californian to follow.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Hartford
Connecticut

Scotty smiled, putting his phone away. He shook the man's hand as Emilio quickly slipped his phone into his jacket's pocket.

"Great, nice to meet you Michael. Let's get this show on the road."

He patted his shoulder as the pair followed the Director.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Michael led the man towards a black limousine, opening the door and motioning for him to enter.

As Scotty did so, Singh greeted him.

"Its nice to see you Governor." he began as the man got situated. "How did you enjoy the airport?" he joked.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Sanabel wrote:Stansky's Home, Trenton, New Jersey

Alphonsey noticed a reaction. "Or just Chairman, if you'd rather. Yes, I'd like to be a surrogate. However, if we run this organization through a board, I would like a seat at the table. If I'm going to represent an idea as a surrogate, I'd like a say in what that idea is."

“Of course, you would have a seat on the table. Did you have any ideas as of now? I wasn’t expecting much outside support so I can change the timetable to suit our new direction. Should we try focus on New York? I think they’re doing something about healthcare and if we can put the pressure on them it could get something done.”
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Hartford
Connecticut

Scotty entered with Emilio, though his chief of staff remained peculiarly quiet during the exchange.

"It was fun, waiting was the highlight for me." He chuckled before going on, "Though soon I'll be mayor, not Governor."

"How about yourself? Is the campaign going well? The family?"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

She spoke after another sip of coffee.

"Yes, that is the point. As for the debate, it is unlikely. The election is already nearing. But the Progressive machine is being built, with email lists and addresses, along with general names and donor information. We have compiled a lot already. We will be able to push a big turnout for the primary, and then we can work closely with the candidate whoever it is to continue to build our ground game."

“Interesting. At this point in time, I think I would be the Progressive Nominee. I’ve out-rallied Torrisi greatly and I continue to be an advocate on Twitter. I don’t like to be presumptuous, but I have this primary in the bag. I just need to work on my new strategy to take down Rod Johnson a few levels and defeat the Republican -whether it be the alt-right Lotto or that rapper, Mali O. What do you believe is the best line of attack against Democrats is?”
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Hartford
Connecticut

Scotty entered with Emilio, though his chief of staff remained peculiarly quiet during the exchange.

"It was fun, waiting was the highlight for me." He chuckled before going on, "Though soon I'll be mayor, not Governor."

"How about yourself? Is the campaign going well? The family?"

"Its going well Scotty. My daughter wants to join the armed forces, so there's that, sort of blindsighted me to be honest, but other than that things have been quiet on the home front. Senator Alphonsey has been a great help." he said as Michael entered the vehicle alongside him.

"Now, lets not beat around the bush. Judging by your shirt, you're totally on board." he said, the statement devoid of doubt as he scanned his name plastered across the comedian's chest.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Meeting Sadan Singh

Hartford
Connecticut

"That is absolutely great, I understand the concern. It certainly worries me now that I am a father...so many good and bad things to look forward to. Yes, the Senator is great, I am proud to have been able to meet with him. We will certainly be working with him more if we both are elected."

He smiled at his comment.

"How'd you guess ol' chap?"

He laughed at his own question, before returning an actual response.

"Yes, I am. I am at your disposal, for a speech, an event, some handshaking and baby kissing, I am here to help in this final leg of the race."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Jason Samara Campaign Stop #6
Lawrence, Essex County

“Should we put out some more detail on immigration?” Samara’s wife asked as they enjoyed breakfast at their home “Stevenson did and it went over well, maybe we should respond.” Jason sat back and thought about it while sipping coffee “I’ve thought about it, I’m going to start doing some focused policy speeches, the stump is going over big time but we need some specifics. If we start with immigration it’ll just look like we are playing catch up, we have the initiative right now we need to keep it.”

Samara made his way to Lawrence in Essex County. Lawrence was most famous for the Strike that took place there in 1912, so he planned to use it to his advantage in this policy speech which would focus on unions and wages.

Looking out at supporters, Samara stood next to a bronze relief that memorialized the strike.

“In 1912 a group of workers largely immigrant, largely female and with over 40 different ethnicities made a stand against oppression. Conditions in the textile mill where they worked were atrocious, workers were callously laid off and fired, and the average worker made $9.00 for 60 hours of work. Even by the standards of the day it was terrible. One day in the January cold they struck they fought for a 54-hour week, a 15% increase in wages, double pay for overtime and no bias against striking workers. They were oppressed and beaten by the police, by militia with fixed bayonets... strike leaders were framed and jailed, 3 strikers died... but the nations eyes turned to Lawrence and it became a symbol and a rallying cry for the nation.”

“That was over a century ago and we have come a long way as a nation, but we still have a way to go. As your Senator I will honor the sacrifice and struggle of those who came before, and fight for a better future for all those who will come after.”

“For decades Republicans have been fighting unions on virtually every issue, the minimum wage, paid family leave, fair scheduling laws, affordable healthcare, Medicaid, Medicare… But I say we need to make unions stronger, make it easier for workers who want to organize, if people want to work together for better wages, for better health care, and for better working conditions, they should have the right to do so.”

“Unions helped build America’s middle class, fighting for better wages and reasonable hours, for safer factories, pensions and retirement security… for healthcare. I hear the phrase ‘corporate and labor influence in politics’ these are not made equal, one fights for tax loopholes and tax breaks for the rich and the other fights for equal pay and social security. What side are you on? Unions believe we are STRONGER TOGETHER and they are right!”

“When it comes to the minimum wage I firmly believe that no one should work full time and live in poverty. Sixty percent of workers in America are hourly employees and these hours are hardly constant—especially when business is slow. At $7.25 an hour a parent working a 40 hour week cannot keep themselves and their baby above the poverty line. That’s wrong full stop. We have a moral obligation to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour. I also pledge to introduce legislation that penalizes big business who does not pay its employees a livable wage. The federal government should not be subsidizing workers with welfare while their CEO give themselves raises.”

“And when we get the $15 an hour we need to make sure women are paid just as much as men. It is 2017 , at a time when we have self-driving cars and computers that fit on our wrists, women still make only 79 cents for every $1 a man makes. The game is rigged against working families, and pay discrimination is a big part of that. I want my young daughters to know that their hard work, that their skills are just as valid and valuable as a man's.

“Helping young people prepare to engage in the workforce and in life as productive adults is central to any society. Unfortunately many in the United States, those from low-income families, who haven’t had the educational opportunities of the more fortunate find the path to economic security is obscured.”

“We must light a beacon to economic security, to good jobs that provide a future for young people. We must expand work-based learning in high school, we must build on-ramps to employment for teens and young adults by supporting non-profits and community based groups in high school where they can develop valuable technical skills as well as academics, and we need mentorship programs that foster positive relationships between young people and caring adults.”

“My last name is Samara, a name that comes from half a world away. In America though your name should be no barrier to success, no matter your name or circumstances of birth, the color of your skin, no matter who you love or how you choose to worship... America should be a place where none of that matters. I stand here now proud of my heritage, knowing that I am just a part of the greater American story. I have a vision for America where there are no barriers to success - no matter what color you are, no matter where you're from, no matter how much money you have.”

“Thats where I come from, not let me tell you what I stand for. I stand for no PACs just people, I have pledged to no longer accept donations from corporate PACs, this is just the first step in Comprehensive Campaign Finance Reform that is necessary for our growing Democracy. I stand for the scientific consensus that Climate Change is real, and that we must take steps to build a clean energy economy to make fuel and energy cheaper, better for the environment and free of our dependency on foreign countries.”

“I stand for those who serve are nation in uniform, and making sure that when they return to civilian life we are there to support them in the challenges they face. I stand for Expanding medical care and support services for our service members is a moral duty.”

“I stand for Universal Healthcare, Health Care is a Human Right, a moral responsibility. I will fight to make sure that insurance companies no longer turn people away for pre-existing conditions or discriminate against women. I will work hand in hand with our governor to craft and support a healthcare plan that covers all of Massachusetts so it can continue to be the national leader in coverage and innovation.”

“I stand for Equal Pay for Equal Work. An economy that works for everyone, a $15 minimum wage, affordable childcare, parental leave. No one who works full time should live in poverty and its time big business and the 1% paid its fair share.”

“I stand for LGBTQ equality, I go to Boston’s Pride Parade every year, I marched in DC and spoke on LGBTQ rights and progress. I will stand against any attempt to take away our progress, LGTBQ rights are human rights and we need an equality act to ban discrimination against LGBTQ individuals in employment, housing and other areas.”

“I stand for A God Given Right to Safety, the Minutemen Act showed that Congress cares more about handouts to Gun Manufacturers than safety for our people, and across the country children are paying the price. Gun Violence plagues our communities every day and as your Senator I will fight back against the epidemic, thoughts and prayers are not enough we need action to take dangerous weapons off our streets and out of the hands of dangerous individuals.”

“For most folks, one income isn't enough to raise a family and send your kids to college. Sometimes, two incomes aren't enough. It's harder to save. It's harder to retire. You're doing your part, you're meeting your responsibilities, but it always seems like you're treading water or falling behind.”

“I’m tired of waiting, waiting a decade for a pay raise while CEO pay is soaring, i’m tired of waiting for Republican Senators to act while more Americans fall into poverty, i’m tired of waiting for them to realize that their are kids with the knowledge and the drive to go to college and change the world but can’t because its not affordable. I’m tired of waiting and that’s why I am seeking the Democratic nomination for Senator of the great state of Massachusetts.”

“We, the people of Massachusetts, the birthplace of the American Revolution, Birthplace to presidents and patriots, heroes of war and peace, a place of science and philosophy, a state that has ALWAYS pushed America forward. And we know the way forward don’t we? We know how to make our economy stronger and fairer, how to make our communities safer and education more affordable, how to make our retirement security and our healthcare the gold standard.”

“We know that we should not abandon our public education to benefit private and religious schools, but we must strengthen our public education. We know that inclusion and diversity make us stronger, that we must encourage new Americans to come here to build better lives. We know that we must protect members of the LGBTQ+ community, we know that ALL are created equal and must be protected as such under the law!”

“We start right here, right now by talking about the economy. An economy that works for too few at the expense of the many. A rigged game where wall street wins and main street loses, when bankers rig interest rates so you pay more for a house or a car thats a rigged game. When companies use tricks and loopholes to avoid taxes and don’t pay their fair share? Thats a rigged game, and when the top 1% has more than the bottom 99% IT’S A RIGGED GAME!”

“Close the Loopholes, lets tell American companies that if they want to benefit from our laws and our protection they need to bring those profits home. We need a fairer economy because the market the republicans claim is ‘free’ is just a game with loaded dice. We have seen wall street billionaires declare bankruptcy a half dozen times and get bailed out, but someone who can’t afford to pay a speeding ticket goes to jail. IT’S A RIGGED GAME. “

“Since 1978 CEOs have gotten paid over 900% more, workers are 65% more productive and they get 9% more. When America’s workers play a rigged game we all lose, when unions get busted and workers can’t organize? We lose... and when you don’t give people a livable wage we all lose. Basic decency and sound economics both bring you to the same conclusion: IT’S A RIGGED GAME thats why it’s time to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.”

“But if we are really going to create permanent lasting change we MUST support education. Now i’m not supporting teaching our kids how to better answer a multiple choice question on a test. I want to build real strong communities around schools, have teachers who are well-trained motivated and LOVE what they do. I want schools and teachers that really prepare our children not just for college but for life. We need to treat teachers with the respect they deserve and like the professionals they are!”

“The average student graduates with over $35,000 in debt, I want to make sure that every student gets the opportunity to go to college and that they can go to community college for free and when a student borrows money to go to college they get low rates.”

“The ACA was not perfect, it could have been improved BUT I would take the ACA over having tens of millions without healthcare, without a net, where the only time they see a doctor is in the emergency room. We must continue to improve healthcare, making sure coverage is truly universal and held to the highest standards. I will work hand in hand with our governor to get the best possible healthcare after the RLSA until we can finally repeal it.”

“Everybody deserves affordable healthcare, nobody should have to choose between filling a grocery cart or a prescription jar. The Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and other programs that allow people to retire with dignity, that gives survivor benefits to their partners and families…. These are programs I will fight tooth and nail to defend, to make sure Social Security is there for you. It’s the least we can do.”

“As we make peoples healthcare secure let us also secure our communities…. Mass Shootings capture headlines, but daily tragedies we see in towns and cities across the nation are just as tragic. Thirty Thousand Americans are killed by gun violence every year, the madness must end. I have given my thoughts and prayers to victims too many times but as great man once said ‘when you pray move your feet’. We need to move, we need to realize that we have options and ways to bring down gun violence without dismantling the second amendment which I respect. Ways to ensure criminals, terrorists and other dangerous individuals don’t get firearms. This is not about hunters, this is not about responsible gun owners looking to protect their family… This is about realizing that there is no good reason to own an assault rifle. If you buy a gun, no matter where or when, you should get a background check. The gun lobby owns many in Congress but they do not own the conscience of the American people.”

“As your Senator I will fight to ensure that no one who works full time will live in poverty, I will fight to raise the minimum wage, get better work scheduling, get paid family and medical leave, I will work towards giving every kid in America an opportunity to go to college without being buried under a mountain of debt, and for the debt that is owed now I will fight to make that burden easier.”

“As your Senator I will fight for retirement with dignity, an expansion of Social Security, Strengthening of Medicare and Retirement accounts, and to reform the ACA.”

“As your Senator I will fight against attempts to strip control of a woman’s body away from her. Defending a woman’s right to choose, supporting education and easier access to contraception is vital to promoting sexual health.”

“We need stronger laws to govern Wall Street, we need to keep the 1% accountable and when banks get too big they need to be broken up, the people of this country and this state deserve someone who will hold their feet to the fire and make sure they are accountable. We deserve someone who will support trade deals that don’t just favor the big corporations, trade deals that don’t leave you in the dirt and left behind as the gap between rich and poor widens and the middle class disappears.”

“In too many places the poor are getting poorer, families who need help will find essential services cut, they will find healthcare cut and they need to ‘pull themselves up by their bootstraps’ while the boot of the 1% is on their back. Americans trapped in poverty, no hope of a job or education, many turning to drugs and gangs. We as a nation cannot abandon them, and as your Senator I swear I will fight for them.”

“Call it ‘trickle down’, call it ‘supply side economics’ but its the same story, the shining city is for the privileged few not America as a whole. But democrats have always fought for a different vision, a vision of a nation where we pursue new frontiers in education, healthcare, and prosperity, a nation where we all move forward to that new frontier together, where no-one is left behind.”

“Our nation, our republic will not work if we do not get out there and fight for what we believe in. Politicians from the President to the local dog catcher need to hear from you, they hear plenty from the 1% and Wall Street, from Super-Pacs and giant corporations and those who can fill their pockets and campaign chests. If we don’t speak now, make our voices heard, our politicians will ONLY work for the wealthy few.”

“So while I am asking for your vote, but more importantly asking for your engagement. I hope that when election day comes you put a check mark next to my name on a ballot, but should you decide that you disagree I hope that you still get involved. Raise the level of debate and discourse, demand the highest standards not just from your elected officials but from those who elect them. Do not take your vote for granted, your country needs you, your nation needs you, and those who do not have the chance to vote need you.”

“Our state has a strong Irish tradition, and the Irish tell the story of a man reaching the gates of heaven asking to be let in, St. Peter says ‘of course just show us your scars’ to which the man replies ‘Scars? I have no scars’ St. Peter says ‘what a pity, was there nothing worth fighting for?”

“In the days to come we will accomplish much, we will push our state and our nation continually forward, but no progress worth making has ever been made with self sacrifice, personal suffering and sometimes even death. Find your truth, fight for it, pray and move your feet, show others the path forward by blazing the trail.”

“We are STRONGER TOGETHER, that means everyone who works hard has an equal shot at America’s promise, at joining the middle class and having a better life. We are STRONGER TOGETHER yet so many of our corporate and political leaders seem content to pursue their own self interest, leaving so many hard working Americans struggling and without a fair shot. So lets not give up now, abandon our dreams to dark apathy we are STRONGER TOGETHER and we can achieve the American Dream.”

“Together we can accomplish great things, I pray you join me, I pray you stand and march forward with me, and one day we will have built a country worthy of the principles we were founded on. Thank you, God bless America and God bless the Great State of Massachusetts.”
Last edited by Dentali on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Meeting the Candidates

The Coffee Shop NYC
New York City
New York State

"I would prefer we not assume right now. While those are valid points, this primary is a chance for voters to decide who to support, for the party to decide. As an official, I would not like to offer anything of substance, especially in regards to voter lists and the like if that's what you are implying."

She had taken a serious tone but returned to a neutral expression.

"I haven't looked into the Representative greatly but some of his endorsers are questionable at best. Perhaps focusing on his legislative record might help? Which bills he voted for, which he didn't. What bills has he even passed or cosponsored?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse