NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 am

Edgar Brankers

@WABrankers
The cornerstone of a free society is an independent judiciary, and the judiciary has already made its position clear on the flag burning, the fact that it is protected under the 1st amendment. I might not like it, but we should all respect the decision of justices.

Edgar Brankers

@WABrankers
The proposition that Congress should be allowed to overturn judicial decisions regarding free speech is a very dangerous road to go down on, for once we establish that freedom of speech can be taken away, that opens the floodgates to potential destruction of civil liberties.

Edgar Brankers

@WABrankers
The flag burning amendment is akin to taking a nuke to an anthill outside your lawn, sure we got rid of the anthill, but we caused problems many magnitudes greater. We have to ask ourselves, is it truly worth it to open the floodgates to the gradual destruction of civil liberties, in order to solve a relatively minor problem? My answer is firmly no

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Vilseck Home, Honolulu, Hawaii

It had been a turbulent two days already, with a fiery chat that ended terribly with Governor
Hotchkiss and Schlang. The only conversation that went well so far was with Soberman, and it made Joh closer to falling off the edge of the umbrella of the Democratic
Party. The recent tweet by Schlang further infruriated Joh, not at the part when he pretended to have had a productive conversation with Joh, but when he called it ‘pragmatic’. ‘Pragmatic’ was a word Joh especially disliked, he didn’t want to be a pragmatist, he wanted to be a revolutionary. He arrived at the door of Vilseck, not the first time. He knocked. “Hello, it’s Joh here.”

Vilseck answered the door himself. "Come on in, Joh, I'm glad to see you. Would you like anything to drink?"

"I wouldn't mind a coffee, thanks." Joh took a seat.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:28 am

Peter Amaras
@ConservativeRevolutionary

Jason Samara now is finally saying that he is against Winston bailouts after supporting them for eight years! He's a member of the Bailout Party, who tells you to elect more Democrats to office, when they were the party that gave out bailouts!
#Hypocrite #FalseFlipFlopper #BailoutParty #WinstonBailout #BailoutDemocrats

Peter Amaras

Samara still supports corrupt Winston bailouts by supporting the disaster of Winstoncare, which stole healthcare from millions of Americans for the benefit of lobbyists and government-snuggling insurance companies!
#FailedWinstoncare #Losetoncare #StoleInsurance #CouldntKeepOurDoctors #Corrupt

Peter Amaras

The taxpayer-funded millionaire Samara complains about a rigged system, and then sends your hard-earned dollars to crony companies while the honest employers get demonized!
#TakingYourMoney #CrookedCronyism #Corruption #CutTaxes #BailoutsForFriends #FakeMoneyTakers #RealJobCreator

Peter Amaras

Republicans support free markets, and Democrats like Samara support rigged markets! No more to a taxpayer-funded corrupt crony system! Samara says he hates freedom and liberty, but we'e going to have it whether he likes it or not!
#RiggedMarkets #FreeMarkets #CorruptVsClean #VoteGOP #FreedomAndLiberty #GreatConservativeRevolution
Last edited by Prolieum on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Meeting Glen Anderson

Anderson's SUV
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania

"Of course, that's an argument. But then they'll shout 'isn't that what they say for sanctuary cities too?' And then the debate turns into something much larger. Proceed with caution is the best advice though."

She smiled and followed him out of the car.

"Excellent, I'm parched despite this water."

Glen entered with Mondale and they were seated in a small private room in the back of the restaurant. After taking time to look over the menu for a bit Anderson struck up conversation again, "I don't suppose you've been following my campaign for governor?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am

The Healthcare Conference

State Capital Building
Albany
New York

Kallie sniffles a little as the Republican does not greet her and the Progressive does not even speak. Kinda rude She was considering awkwardly welcoming them again when the Governor entered and spoke.

"Hello Governor, yes, I do hope we can be civil. But we must achieve a solution that does implicate major austerity measures because this not about financial concerns, this is about providing essential services, services that the electorate requires. That their lives depend on. Now, the Party seeks to maintain similar benefits for the low income and elderly, with as few reductions to services and minimizing alternations to qualifications as we can. We believe we can follow the lead of other states and increment income taxes on the wealthy and against some corporations, excluding technology ones or perhaps those who employ specified groups like a significant share of veterans. Similarly, legalizing marijuana could help augment more money towards such programs, as Ohio is proposing."

"Your economics sound good, but I have grave concerns about marijuana legalization. I know it is less dangerous than other drugs, but people do get addicted and I have heard that it is a 'gateway drug' toward other drugs including more dangerous drugs like crack cocaine, meth, and LSD. I also want to keep qualifications at their current level if possible. Any specific rates in mind for taxes?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 am

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
The WAC was probably the worst bill ever signed into law. I should know, I am a Doctor!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 am

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
The WAC was probably the worst bill ever signed into law. I should know, I am a Doctor!

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@TheLoveDoctor, "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." -President Ronald Reagan.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Misquoting Reagan, typical Republican! Governor Reagan was one of the best Governors of California. He signed a very liberal bill (the Therapeutic Abortion Act) into law. (This was a revolutionary bill in the '60s!)
Marianne 2024:

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@TheLoveDoctor, "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." -President Ronald Reagan.

Liked and retweeted by @KeepWyomingGreat.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
A vote for Troy Wilson is a vote to keep Wyoming in the 3rd World Country state that it is in today! The facts show that Troy has done nothing to improve the standards of living in Wyoming! (Rumour has it that he supports the Dudley Tax!) #TroyWilsonCouldntEvenLookAfterAChild #ProbablyBecauseHeIsOne
Marianne 2024:

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:08 am

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
A vote for Troy Wilson is a vote to keep Wyoming in the 3rd World Country state that it is in today! The facts show that Troy has done nothing to improve the standards of living in Wyoming! (Rumour has it that he supports the Dudley Tax!) #TroyWilsonCouldntEvenLookAfterAChild #ProbablyBecauseHeIsOne

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
"My record shows that I fought Dudley and am committed to getting Wyoming $250 million for infrastructure from the executive fund. I also fight for free trade."
"Yet another liberal shows their ignorance of Wyoming."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:26 am

Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Troy, what your record really shows is; a failed Presidential run, many failed bills, you having many meltdowns on the Senate floor, and your neglect towards Wyoming.#JustSaying
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #26
Sunbury, Northumberland County

“Back in the valley again” Anderson mumbled to himself half asleep in the back of a car. He had been zig zagging across the state with seeming randomness but it was with purpose, based on statistics, demographics and polling data. Northumberland was being targeted now because Anderson wished to appeal more to veterans and Northumberland had one of the highest ratios of veterans to citizens in the state.

Weis Markets was headquartered in Sunbury, a food retailer that dotted the landscape with 205 stores in the Mid-Atlantic. 23,000 people were employed by the chain, most in the state of Pennsylvania. Anderson spent the early part of his day speaking with employees at the Weis headquarters about the company and how to grow business in the state. He also met privately with the owners, not to pressure them for an endorsement or for financial support, but to detail his plans for lowering taxes, regulations and improving the business environment.

After ther Weis Headquarters Glen took a tour of the Sunbury Textiles factory, one of the few mills to manufacture 100% of its products in the United States. Sunbury Textiles is the gold standard for factories with employees staying on average 20 years. He gave a short speech to the workers at the factory and the owner, applauding them for their commitment to quality and to American made products, Glen put heavy emphasis on the value the company places on its people, families and workmanship and how those values should be reflected across the nation.

That night Glen met with Veterans at the local VA hall speaking to them, listening to their stories and enticing them to attend with food and drink. He gave a shortened version of his stump speech focusing on how his policies would help veterans and strengthen benefits and support programs, but all told mainly listened to the veterans.

The next day Glen gave a speech to the assembled supporters in Sunbury.

"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“You feel like they live in the forgotten land, that no one understands what a blue-collar, working-class family has to go through in Pennsylvania today. You’re good, hard-working people, and ready for a change."

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“On day one as governor I will declare a statewide disaster and state of emergency regarding the opioid crisis, this will enable us to take immediate measures to enhance response, increase access to treatment and save lives. It will be the first of its kind for a public health emergency in the state.

“Step one will be to create an Opioid Command Center located at PEMA. The Command will meet weekly and be responsible for coordinating all elements of our response to the crisis. Next we will expand access to the prescription drug monitoring program to ensure prescribers are in compliance with opioid regulations.”

“We must make Overdoses and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome as reportable conditions, so that prescribers know if a patient has a history with abuse, keeping prescribers informed and making sure data is available is vital to curbing future addiction. We must also give the DDAP further emergency purchase authorization, allowing us to purchase more lifesavings drugs. Other aspects of this include amending regulations so that EMTs can dispense naloxone, waiving regulations that keep pharmacists from interacting with other organizations that deal with at risk individuals. Make rescheduling of fentanyl derivatives permanent as long as the crisis continues.”

“We have a shortage of doctors certified for the Narcotic Treatment Program, we need to allow nurses and physician assistants to expedite initial intakes which will greatly speed up the certification process and provide more qualified doctors to fight the crisis. For the duration of the crisis we will waive ALL licensing requirements and fees for high-performing drug and alcohol treatment facilities.”

“We also need to start exploring any and every option to combat this crisis, a plan that addresses the crisis from the top down, start to finish. This is just the first step in addressing this crisis, I just hope the current governor finally realizes the severity of the crisis. Even now I am speaking with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to secure funding exclusively to fight this crisis and the greater crisis with addiction as a whole. Moving forward we need to ask ourselves 3 major questions What treatment programs are proven to be effective?‘How can we fast track the most effective programs? How can we educate people about the dangers of opioids?’”

“The same moral commitment that calls us to act on the Opioid Crisis calls us to move to protect the most vulnerable among us, the lives of the unborn. In the words of Ronald Reagan ‘I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion… has already been born’. I’ve heard some claim you can’t determine where a life begins, that its a matter of debate, well here is where I stand… if we don’t know when the unborn becomes a human life then we MUST opt in favor that it is a human life until someone proves it isnt. And as a life they are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“As it stands our state levys one of the highest taxes on natural gas in the nation, and the democrats in harrisburg have tried to raise it higher every year. That hurt every one of those jobs pipelines like Mariner East has created, the permit delays, the fee increases on gas wells, raising a tax on gas sold to homes… the energy sector is one of our states most promising sectors, we shouldnt shackle it to the greed of bureaucrats in Harrisburg. As your governor I will fight every proposed tax increase, and do everything I can to relieve your regulatory and tax burden.”

“Not only that I am going to support research on how to make fossil fuels, natural gas, every form of energy, cleaner and more efficient, so you can do more business and bring home a bigger paycheck to your families. The future of energy is not more corporate welfare, its cutting the oppressive regulatory and tax burden so companies can pay more, hire more and expand to their full economic potential. We have a 21st century industry operating under a 1970s regulatory regime, changing this alone would make a huge difference in the industry.”

“Our current state government is too focused on doling out taxpayer cash and promulgating regulation than on fostering an environment for good-paying jobs and economic growth.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“This same leadership has led to the near collapse of our pension system in the state, the average family of four now owes $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund debt. 10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

Senator Wilson opposes a tax to punish monopolistic corporations and protect our environment, crying big government. But then he demands that that same government and taxpayers in the other 49 states pay for his state's infrastructure proposal. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

Senator, please at least be consistent in your incorrect, misguided, and damaging beliefs. Anything less is simply a disqualification to serve the world's finest legislative body. At the minimum, Senator Kramer is unwavering in his backward and radical positions.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:59 pm

The Tramper (the houseboat), Suisun City Marina, Suisun City, California May 22nd, 2017

Sydney was within the cramped confinements of the houseboat, having just returned from buying groceries at the local Raley's.

There was an assortment of foods and drinks laid out on the small table next to the even smaller fridge, ranging from deli meat to avocados and prune juice. As always, there was an emphasis on long-lasting items, given the lack of space in the fridge and the non-existent stove-top or microwave.

A large -or as large as possible- package of Chè was always included, a reminder of the mother country and a small pleasure she allowed herself from an otherwise controlled diet. This package was made up of chè trái cây -a sweet mixture of fruit, milk, yogurt, and syrup- and chè chuối -a relatively less sweet mixture composed of banana and tapioca.

After putting away the last of the groceries and she sat down in a small chair she had brought to enjoy a cup of chè chuối and take in the sunset, and Grizzly Island in the distance.

Her [cell] phone began to buzz. Can I not have a moment of peace and quiet?

“Hello?”

On the other end of the line was Matthew Antić, who had received a call from the Chairman of the Santa Clarita Valley Chapter of the Los Angeles Lincoln Clubs, who had in turn been called by the Chairman of the Downtown Chapter.

“Sydney, this is Matthew. You have to hear this, it's important! I was watching Channel 7, and apparently your golden boy has set up shop at his trashy tabloid and -get this- has been testing out sound trucks at full volume right near traffic. It went about as well as it should- it’s all over the local news, Channel, 5, Channel 11-”

“No need to worry.”

“No need to worry? No need to worry? I’m begging you Sydney, I’m begging you to reconsider. He doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

“Listen-”

“No you listen, I know this is not your first time at the rodeo but I’m pulling seniority. I know LA as well as you do, actually more because I’ve been on the Board of Supervisors so long. I’ve seen a lot of politicians in my time, but this Cox fellow is the worst. He doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’s going to lose. The only question is, are you going to let him bring you down too? You have a responsibility, a responsibility to the party- you’re a party woman and you should know that your actions reflect on your reputation. It’s one thing to back a competent person who ends up losing, it’s another thing to back someone you know is going lose. I want you think about that.”

“Thank you for your advice, but I must be going-”

“No no no no. Don’t you hang up on me! I am not ending the conversation until I know your decision, and that you’re sure of it. No more beating around the bush, it’s now or never.”

“You want us to keep talking, we’ll keep talking.” If she was honest with herself, his advice was very welcome. At this point, she didn’t know what to do.

A student of American history would note that today was the day when Senator Charles Sumner was beaten with a cane, in Congress for all to see. nearly 160 years ago. That was right before the Civil War. Recently -so very recently- a Senator was attacked again, in Congress for all to see, with that same Senator being beaten to within an inch of her life soon after.

Was that the fate that awaited Sydney if she ran for office again? De Pena had done nothing wrong, in the eyes of the radicals, except disagree. But Sydney knew that memories could last for years, and what she had done while in office was memorable to many.

She thought of her gun -her father had always encouraged his children to defend themselves- and remembered the last time she needed it. She had not removed it from its safe in over a year, yet here she was, wondering if it was still in working condition. It was a pistol, more specifically a Glock, that she had ovtained in the 90s during the fallout from Proposition 212.

Her permit had recently been renewed, but she decided it would be best not to have it unless absolutely necessary. In the meantime, she had pepper spray if anything happened. She prayed she would not have to use either weapon going forward.

When she ran for office the first time, there were cruel comments, to put it mildly. The second time, there were death threats. What in God's name would await her now, this third time?

She already invested so much in terms of money. These top-notch advisors didn’t come cheap, she was spending a small fortune just for these few months of work. She had already taken out a mortgage on the house in Napa Valley. The profits from the winery were just enough to cover the monthly payments, with a little left over- but it was a still a large commitment.

And her time? Her time was even more precious. She was spending what was supposed to be her golden years doing political work -not that she didn’t enjoy political work- for an uncertain and unlikely outcome.

She shared these thoughts with Matthew, and would later share her thoughts with Kelly, and Greg- when he was free. She would need the advice of others for what came next.

But their advice was conflicting. Matthew said to cut her losses, and Greg said there was unrealized potential that would emerge with her help. Kelly? Kelly told her to trust in herself.

What cookie-cutter, throwaway advice! But it was advice enough.

Sydney Cao’s office, California Business Center, Fairfield, California May 23rd, 2017

A modest room on the second floor of the Business Center served as Sydney’s office. It was a little ways away from the marina, but the space was affordable and had all the requirements needed for her to work remotely.

She had one task this morning: to have a complete record of her thoughts and list of contacts from her notebook. Within a few hours of typing, it was done: a lifetime of effort preserved in digital form.

She noticed a few vacancies signs as she walked down the hallway. The Business Center rented space to startups, and with a recession coming many of them had already bit the dust. The entire floor was empty. It was an eerie feeling... but also one of promise for her.

She spoke to the landlord before she left about renting more office space. How much more? A lot more; the entire second floor to be exact. The mortgage had left her with a lump sum that could spent as quickly or slowly as needed.

The landlord was willing -she was a good customer after all- and the lease was signed within an hour or so.

A worthwhile investment, to be sure.

Solano County Government Center, Fairfield, California May 23rd, 2017

Sydney had completed all the other needed steps to begin a campaign months ago, from hiring a campaign manager and other staffers to forming a formal organization to comprise it. Now all that was left was the announcement.

Last year, when she first started preparing for a run for office, her goal was quite small: a seat on the Suisun City Council. She was friendly enough, and active in the community. A familiar face from cleaning up the estuary on Earth Day, or delivering wine herself from Tramper by the Bay to local restaurants. But she knew she was capable of something greater.

She then mulled over a run for the Solano County Board of Supervisors. District 3 was just about the best district for her politically speaking, and her experience with public transit and environmental protection from back in the day would come in handy. There would be more scrutiny of course, and more opposition. Then again, she was a familiar face. And her involvement in the community would be a strength, from the well-known -writing occasional opinion pieces in the Daily Republic- to the less well-known- sending over food and clothes for the migrant ministry run by the Diocese that served farmworkers in Davis, Dixon, and Madison.

Then she met Taylor Cox, and realized she had a chance to do something even greater.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Donald Johnson
@TheLoveDoctor
Troy, what your record really shows is; a failed Presidential run, many failed bills, you having many meltdowns on the Senate floor, and your neglect towards Wyoming.#JustSaying

"And you support baby murder and obstruction."
(Image)
Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

Senator Wilson opposes a tax to punish monopolistic corporations and protect our environment, crying big government. But then he demands that that same government and taxpayers in the other 49 states pay for his state's infrastructure proposal. Hypocrisy at its finest.

(Image)

(Image)
Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

Senator, please at least be consistent in your incorrect, misguided, and damaging beliefs. Anything less is simply a disqualification to serve the world's finest legislative body. At the minimum, Senator Kramer is unwavering in his backward and radical positions.
(Image)

"So Wyoming should be basically treated as a territory is what I am hearing. Wyoming deserves better than what Washington is doing and I am a warrior for Wyoming families ignored and mistreated by eight years of Winston's overreach."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm

"https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2017/tibet"
"It is long past time for Americans to see the horrific human rights abuses carried out in Tibet by the CCP."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Mayor's Office, Seattle, Washington

Arlen was silent for a moment. His mind began to flood with the possibilities of changing party affiliation, but it would also fill with the possible ramifications. 'Could he really leave the party that made him? Could he really leave something that he invested so much time into?' More and more questions began lingering in his head. After taking a drink he managed to cough up a few words.

"I was not expecting that," Arlen said with an awkward chuckle. "You certainly caught me off guard, Ms. Walton. I'd just like to ask you some questions about the Progressives if that is OK with you."
Marianne 2024:

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Casa De Johnson, Los Angeles

Donald Johnson done the walking around his backyard at his lovely home. He was doing the thinking about life and the meaning behind it. Deep in thought, Donald remembered about Taylor Cox, one of his ok loser friends. He remembered he was meaning to give him a call so he took the best phone out of his pocket and bashed Cox's number in and hit the call button.
Marianne 2024:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm

May 23, 2017

Taylor Cox
7-11 Convenience Store, Los Angeles,
California

Cox walked out of a convenience store after buying himself some lottery tickets, when he received a phone call from Johnson. "Been a while. Wonders what he wants." Cox thought, as he answered the phone. "Hello, Taylor Cox speaking."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Outside Senator Wilson’s Office, Washington, D.C. May 6th, 2017

Sydney had first taken the contentious approach, hoping her husband would be able to gather a coalition to hold up the TPP until human rights concerns were more effectively addressed, but he had failed. But it was better this way. If he had succeeded, he would have scuttled the agreement entirely- not the best way to get in the leadership’s good graces. Of course, it didn’t help that he was as popular as a rotten tomato- so perhaps that was doomed to fail from the start.

No matter, he could do with the CNI what he wished; it was really his cause anyhow, not hers. Thus the cooperative approach, and the email that had led her back to D.C.

She found much to like in Senator Wilson, in spite of his recent troubles. This was in large part because he was a good Catholic -as good a Catholic as one could be in a position of power- and she appreciated his strong defense of the Church and its values. This much she would certainly mention, and she brought with her an invitation -from the head of the Catholic League himself- to become a member.

Business came first, of course. She had reached out to Wilson because he supported free trade and human rights- and clearly sought to balance the two.

She did not mind the TPP in principle- in fact, she saw it a boon to America as a whole and California in particular, given the state’s high level of foreign investment from and trade with Asia.

Her concern, as with many in the Vietnamese-American community, was that the regime in Hanoi would use it as a lifeline to prolong their grip on the country. That was something she could not abide.

She caught a red-eye flight to the East Coast, calling activists in Orange County and elsewhere to ask what they found most concerning and what steps Washington could take to help.

The day was here.

She knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Bruke wrote:Outside Senator Wilson’s Office, Washington, D.C. May 6th, 2017

Sydney had first taken the contentious approach, hoping her husband would be able to gather a coalition to hold up the TPP until human rights concerns were more effectively addressed, but he had failed. But it was better this way. If he had succeeded, he would have scuttled the agreement entirely- not the best way to get in the leadership’s good graces. Of course, it didn’t help that he was as popular as a rotten tomato- so perhaps that was doomed to fail from the start.

No matter, he could do with the CNI what he wished; it was really his cause anyhow, not hers. Thus the cooperative approach, and the email that had led her back to D.C.

She found much to like in Senator Wilson, in spite of his recent troubles. This was in large part because he was a good Catholic -as good a Catholic as one could be in a position of power- and she appreciated his strong defense of the Church and its values. This much she would certainly mention, and she brought with her an invitation -from the head of the Catholic League himself- to become a member.

Business came first, of course. She had reached out to Wilson because he supported free trade and human rights- and clearly sought to balance the two.

She did not mind the TPP in principle- in fact, she saw it a boon to America as a whole and California in particular, given the state’s high level of foreign investment from and trade with Asia.

Her concern, as with many in the Vietnamese-American community, was that the regime in Hanoi would use it as a lifeline to prolong their grip on the country. That was something she could not abide.

She caught a red-eye flight to the East Coast, calling activists in Orange County and elsewhere to ask what they found most concerning and what steps Washington could take to help.

The day was here.

She knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

The Senator came out a greeted this arrival.
"Hello Madam. Please come on in."
He led her into his office that he had recently decorated with framed replica maps of the Wyoming Territory, circa 1885, and the plan of the Pacific railroad, and busts of Wilson's heroes, Abraham Lincoln, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.
"Please, have a seat. May I ask who you are?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Donald Johnson does the seductive smile while speaking.

"Hello T Cox. I would like to speak with you." He does the wink. "It is very important."
Marianne 2024:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Meelducan wrote:

Donald Johnson does the seductive smile while speaking.

"Hello T Cox. I would like to speak with you." He does the wink. "It is very important."

Taylor Cox

"What's so important? Go ahead and tell me."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:03 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
"https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2017/tibet"
"It is long past time for Americans to see the horrific human rights abuses carried out in Tibet by the CCP."

Liked and retweeted by @GoodOle'American.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse