NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Taylor began to suit up, ready to begin debating. Of course, the debate wasn't for a few days, but the more prepared the better. He began to read up on books regarding debate, and memorised logical fallacies almost to the word. He knew from the twitter war he couldn't win without unleashing the dogs of war, and so he sharpened his blade.

After some reading, he was ready to board the plane, arriving just in time for the appointment. He continued his reading on the plane, spending every single waking and sleeping moment preparing for it. He was about to prove the world he wasn't just some big ego with big plans but with no will or strength to enforce them.

After arriving in Boston, he drove to Stevenson's office, as they agreed upon. He knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

"This is Martin Taylor, Representative of the 9th District of Washington."

Kristen was back at her office in Nantucket after some DMs sorted out some confusion about meeting and was still trying to figure out how this had all happened so fast. She had been biting her nails about whether to be risky and criticize a Reed cabinet member and then she was suddenly going fast and furious in a twitter war and laying out a few good zingers in her opinion. Now she was at the point of organizing the debate that she had made a thing herself, and even though she didn't regret that she was still feeling nervous about it. She could handle some crazy radical on a debate stage right? It would be like easy mode or at least it should be, but she wasn't assuring herself. She had been reading over his speech a few times and getting more and more disturbed by it for basic prep along with doing some Binging of his wikipedia article and any other info, but didn't know what her strategy was going to be until they made arrangements.

It probably wasn't justified but she was feeling a little physically nervous too. She had originally wanted the meeting to be in D.C. because of the close quarters partially and she didn't prefer the context at home even though she obviously preferred the environment. Taylor had sounded crazy enough during the speech and aggressive enough on twitter that she didn't know what to expect, so she was keeping pepper spray light in a pocket instead of her purse in a not very comfortable pair of pants and had an almost full staff working.

But he was here now though on a hot but beautiful summer day and she got the door herself. "Come in Representative" she welcomed him, a little stiff and formal.

"Thank you, representative." Martin replied, looking for a nearby seat. He had a large smirk on his face, one which represented his smug superiority and his narcissism well. His eyes bore on her like a hyena upon its prey, as his usual self-confident self saw the debate in such a manner. HIs demeanor was like that of a murderer or a hunter. To the weak-minded, it was intimidating and it was fierce. He was very much a haughty man, as she could clearly tell.

He found a chair and had asked the representative: "Excuse me, am I able to sit there, if you don't mind?"
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:22 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Kristen was back at her office in Nantucket after some DMs sorted out some confusion about meeting and was still trying to figure out how this had all happened so fast. She had been biting her nails about whether to be risky and criticize a Reed cabinet member and then she was suddenly going fast and furious in a twitter war and laying out a few good zingers in her opinion. Now she was at the point of organizing the debate that she had made a thing herself, and even though she didn't regret that she was still feeling nervous about it. She could handle some crazy radical on a debate stage right? It would be like easy mode or at least it should be, but she wasn't assuring herself. She had been reading over his speech a few times and getting more and more disturbed by it for basic prep along with doing some Binging of his wikipedia article and any other info, but didn't know what her strategy was going to be until they made arrangements.

It probably wasn't justified but she was feeling a little physically nervous too. She had originally wanted the meeting to be in D.C. because of the close quarters partially and she didn't prefer the context at home even though she obviously preferred the environment. Taylor had sounded crazy enough during the speech and aggressive enough on twitter that she didn't know what to expect, so she was keeping pepper spray light in a pocket instead of her purse in a not very comfortable pair of pants and had an almost full staff working.

But he was here now though on a hot but beautiful summer day and she got the door herself. "Come in Representative" she welcomed him, a little stiff and formal.

"Thank you, representative." Martin replied, looking for a nearby seat. He had a large smirk on his face, one which represented his smug superiority and his narcissism well.

He found a chair and had asked the representative: "Excuse me, am I able to sit there, if you don't mind?"

"Sure, go ahead." Kristen crossed her arms across her chest and stayed standing a few feet away. She suddenly realized that she had left the door open but stopped herself from going and closing it. The air conditioner kept whirring with a little bit of noise from the other room in the fairly small office of staffers working or at least pretending to. "So have you made any arrangements to organize broadcasting or am I going to have to pick up that slack?"
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Thank you, representative." Martin replied, looking for a nearby seat. He had a large smirk on his face, one which represented his smug superiority and his narcissism well.

"Sure, go ahead." Kristen crossed her arms across her chest and stayed standing a few feet away. She suddenly realized that she had left the door open but stopped herself from going and closing it. The air conditioner kept whirring with a little bit of noise from the other room in the fairly small office of staffers working or at least pretending to. "So have you made any arrangements to organize broadcasting or am I going to have to pick up that slack?"

Martin sat down, his fingers locked together, as his smirk turned into a face which resembled one of thought.

"I've set up broadcasting on the internet and all that, but I think you should be the one to turn to the mainstream media. They see me as some dangerous radical that shouldn't be given a platform. Hell, they'd probably give neo-nazis a platform before I get one. So yes, I think you should turn to the MSM. I'll handle all the internet and stuff. I've been a bit busy reading recently, but it shouldn't be too hard."

He laid back after finishing, ready to talk dates and other business.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Martin sat down, his fingers locked together, as his smirk turned into a face which resembled one of thought.

"I've set up broadcasting on the internet and all that, but I think you should be the one to turn to the mainstream media. They see me as some dangerous radical that shouldn't be given a platform. Hell, they'd probably give neo-nazis a platform before I get one. So yes, I think you should turn to the MSM. I'll handle all the internet and stuff. I've been a bit busy reading recently, but it shouldn't be too hard."

"What exactly have you set up?" Kristen asked. She wasn't exactly feeling trusting.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Martin sat down, his fingers locked together, as his smirk turned into a face which resembled one of thought.

"What exactly have you set up?" Kristen asked. She wasn't exactly feeling trusting.

"I've set up a YouTube stream and we'll announce the official stream tomorrow, we just need to fix a few things. We'll also set up streams on other social networks and promote people to watch them. Buy a few ads here and there, you know. We'll take care of the online presence, you handle the MSM."
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 pm

"I've set up a YouTube stream and we'll announce the official stream tomorrow, we just need to fix a few things. We'll also set up streams on other social networks and promote people to watch them. Buy a few ads here and there, you know. We'll take care of the online presence, you handle the MSM."

"Is that steam on your account?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I've set up a YouTube stream and we'll announce the official stream tomorrow, we just need to fix a few things. We'll also set up streams on other social networks and promote people to watch them. Buy a few ads here and there, you know. We'll take care of the online presence, you handle the MSM."

"I originally intended it to be (and on several other accounts), but we can change it if you wish."
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 pm

"I originally intended it to be (and on several other accounts), but we can change it if you wish."

"I have an account we can host it on for YouTube and Facebook. If you want to run it on other sites too, you can handle that. Now, I'll have to figure out if I can arrange things with the media on short notice but we should strike while the iron is hot. I am going to try to have them host it Thursday night. I assume that won't be a problem."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Jason Samara 24 Hour Livestream 6pm- 12am

At 6pm Samara and his team went back to the campaign HQ for dinner enjoying a pot luck of sorts with the team and Jason all bringing one item and sharing it amongst the team. Once again politics talk was banned as they took an hour to laugh and chat as a guy co-workers. After dinner Jason spent a half hour on facetime with his kids talking to them about their day and promising to take them to movies tomorrow.

By 7:30 Jason was off to a small indoor rally to supporters in Upper Falls. It was set to start at 8 and he arrived just in time, giving him some time to thank speakers and various supporters backstage before the event proper started. Several people spoke before him focusing on individual issues and local concerns which they felt Samara could best address as Senator, local politicians and activists that had fallen in line to support the Samara campaign. After the introduction Samara gave his stump speech.

“Hello! What a crowd, it’s really an honor to be here thank you all for coming and for the warm welcome.”

“I’m Congressman Jason Samara, I am a man raised in Boston, Massachusetts. I grew up walking the Freedom trail, I grew up watching the South End of Boston go from dangerous and remote in the 80s flourish, I grew up jogging along the Charles river and rooting for the Red Sox. But I was born to two loving parents in Puerto Rico, my father was an immigrant and a psychiatrist, my mother was a social worker who devoted her life to helping people get back on their feet. When I was 2 my father passed away in an car accident and my mother took me to Boston to live with her mother. Times were hard, money was short, we relied on family, community and at times the government to get by. I am a product of public school, I grew up hearing stories of my family that fought for civil rights, of my uncles that marched next to Doctor King, who stood on the bridge at Selma, who marched on Washington and I took that to heart.”

“I dedicated my life and schooling to community outreach and service, I married my high school sweetheart and we have beautiful daughters. I was elected to Congress in 2010 becoming the first African American to represent the state, I have fought for welfare reform, consumer protections, providing affordable college and healthcare, LBGTQ rights, a woman’s right to choose and housing reform. I proudly stand by the work I have done for this state. As a Congressman I proudly voted against the RLSA, WAC and BBA. My parents and my grandmother are no longer with us today, but I know they look down on our work with pride.”

“My last name is Samara, a name that comes from half a world away. In America though your name should be no barrier to success, no matter your name or circumstances of birth, the color of your skin, no matter who you love or how you choose to worship... America should be a place where none of that matters. I stand here now proud of my heritage, knowing that I am just a part of the greater American story. I have a vision for America where there are no barriers to success - no matter what color you are, no matter where you're from, no matter how much money you have.”

“Thats where I come from, now let me tell you what I stand for. I stand for no PACs just people, I have pledged to no longer accept donations from corporate PACs, this is just the first step in Comprehensive Campaign Finance Reform that is necessary for our growing Democracy. I stand for the scientific consensus that Climate Change is real, and that we must take steps to build a clean energy economy to make fuel and energy cheaper, better for the environment and free of our dependency on foreign countries.”

“I stand for those who serve are nation in uniform, and making sure that when they return to civilian life we are there to support them in the challenges they face. I stand for Expanding medical care and support services for our service members is a moral duty.”

“I stand for Universal Healthcare, Health Care is a Human Right, a moral responsibility. I will fight to make sure that insurance companies no longer turn people away for pre-existing conditions or discriminate against women. I will work hand in hand with our governor to craft and support a healthcare plan that covers all of Massachusetts so it can continue to be the national leader in coverage and innovation.”

“I stand for Equal Pay for Equal Work. An economy that works for everyone, a $15 minimum wage, affordable childcare, parental leave. No one who works full time should live in poverty and its time big business and the 1% paid its fair share.”

“I stand for LGBTQ equality, I go to Boston’s Pride Parade every year, I marched in DC and spoke on LGBTQ rights and progress. I will stand against any attempt to take away our progress, LGTBQ rights are human rights and we need an equality act to ban discrimination against LGBTQ individuals in employment, housing and other areas.”

“I stand for A God Given Right to Safety, the Minutemen Act showed that Congress cares more about handouts to Gun Manufacturers than safety for our people, and across the country children are paying the price. Gun Violence plagues our communities every day and as your Senator I will fight back against the epidemic, thoughts and prayers are not enough we need action to take dangerous weapons off our streets and out of the hands of dangerous individuals.”

“For most folks, one income isn't enough to raise a family and send your kids to college. Sometimes, two incomes aren't enough. It's harder to save. It's harder to retire. You're doing your part, you're meeting your responsibilities, but it always seems like you're treading water or falling behind.”

“I’m tired of waiting, waiting a decade for a pay raise while CEO pay is soaring, i’m tired of waiting for Republican Senators to act while more Americans fall into poverty, i’m tired of waiting for them to realize that their are kids with the knowledge and the drive to go to college and change the world but can’t because its not affordable. I’m tired of waiting and that’s why I am seeking the Democratic nomination for Senator of the great state of Massachusetts.”

“I am pro-immigrant, but I recognize not everyone trying to come into this nation has the best intentions, not everyone should be allowed into our nation. But a zero tolerance policy does not reflect our morality, turning away families looking for a better life, those fleeing poverty, violence and starvation… turning them away is not American.”

“America has always and should always be a haven for the oppressed, the vulnerable and the downtrodden. We cannot shirk that responsibility now. Our immigration policy must stop the criminalization of entire communities, the tearing apart of families, and the exploitation of new Americans. My immigration policy is grounded in putting the sanctity of families first, and will enforce civil, human and labor rights, continuing our tradition of embracing diversity letting it push our nation to new heights.”

“Those who enter the country illegally who do not have a criminal record should be given temporary amnesty and a simple path to citizenship. If an immigrant pays taxes they should receive the same benefits as citizens. We must dismantle our inhumane deportation programs and detention centers that tear families apart, replacing them with a system targeted on criminal activity besides crossing the border and make sure DHS agencies have oversight. We need a swift and fair legislative roadmap to citizenship for all undocumented immigrants. We must respect local communities, ensuring their positive interactions with law enforcement instead of forcing them to live in hiding out of fear. We must modernize the visa system, especially regarding family visas which has a massive backlog. We must reverse the criminalization of immigrants, no person is illegal and in most cases the act of an illegal border crossing is one of desperation not malice, we must recognize that.”

“We need to save our democracy, we need to systematically reform our nation, our politics. I pledged to take to corporate PAC money because I believe PACs come before people. Washington works great for the rich, for those with connections… companies and the ultra wealthy can spend billions to influence Congress and federal agencies… we need lobbying reform and we need it today.”

“Lobbying as we know it must end, everyone who lobbies MUST register, we must take Washington lobbyists out of the shadow, ban foreign governments from hiring lobbyists and shut down the ability of lobbyists to move freely in and out of government jobs. When running for federal office candidates should be required to put their tax returns online, while in office we need to keep Senators and Congressman from trading stocks and when they retire we need to ban them from becoming lobbyists.”

“We don’t just need to limit the power of corporations in politics we need to empower the people in our Republic. Politicians are supposed to compete for votes, not try and disqualify voters who don’t support them. Many laws and rules make it more difficult to vote, and practices like partisan gerrymandering keep your vote from counting as much as it should. We must eliminate rules that make voting more difficult, laws and rules that suppress votes especially in minority communities.”

“Democracy shouldn’t be for sale, so that is why we must fight the Citizens United decision, so that you do not need to suck up to rich donors and the washington elite in order to run for office. No more billionaire Super PACs.”

“Years ago I was proud to protest against the Iraq War, at a time when it wasn’t popular to do so. I believe that time has vindicated those who stood against it then, and going forward it is a lesson we must hold close. A strong military is important, it should be a deterrent so that we won’t have to use it, we must be vigilant against terrorists like ISIS and Hamas, but we cannot be the world’s policeman, we need to bring our troops home and strengthen our support for them as they transition into civilian life.”

“When we pursue foreign policy in the future, we should not solve problems with military might and intimidation first… we need to cut our bloated defense budget, take a stand against the military industrial complex that has a grip on our military policy. We need to reinvest our money and resources into diplomacy, standing by our global allies to advance our shared interests and advance the cause of global justice.”

“That fight for justice must continue at home too, our justice system promises equality under the law and America has one of the best justice systems in the world but we need to acknowledge its faults. We live in a nation where for the exact same crime minority americans are more likely than white americans to be arrested, charged and convicted. We live in a nation where teen with and small amount of pot and no intent to distribute can get thrown in jail.”

“We must keep a constant vigil on our justice system, to find what policies disproportionately affect our minority communities and end them. We must embrace community policing and the demilitarization of police, comprehensive reform to our sentencing laws and the complete decriminalization and legalization marijuana.”

“We must however crack down on those who profit off the destruction of our planet. Climate change ravages our planet, our people. It threatens to displace millions, droughts, floods, extreme storms and a changing environment that will wreak havoc on civilization. We need to double down our commitment to alternative and renewable energies, to end our dependence on fossil fuels, to make renewable clean energy affordable and practical.”

“We, the people of Massachusetts, the birthplace of the American Revolution, Birthplace to presidents and patriots, heroes of war and peace, a place of science and philosophy, a state that has ALWAYS pushed America forward. And we know the way forward don’t we? We know how to make our economy stronger and fairer, how to make our communities safer and education more affordable, how to make our retirement security and our healthcare the gold standard.”

“We know that we should not abandon our public education to benefit private and religious schools, but we must strengthen our public education. We know that inclusion and diversity make us stronger, that we must encourage new Americans to come here to build better lives. We know that we must protect members of the LGBTQ+ community, we know that ALL are created equal and must be protected as such under the law!”

“We start right here, right now by talking about the economy. An economy that works for too few at the expense of the many. A rigged game where wall street wins and main street loses, when bankers rig interest rates so you pay more for a house or a car thats a rigged game. When companies use tricks and loopholes to avoid taxes and don’t pay their fair share? Thats a rigged game, and when the top 1% has more than the bottom 99% IT’S A RIGGED GAME!”

“Close the Loopholes, lets tell American companies that if they want to benefit from our laws and our protection they need to bring those profits home. We need a fairer economy because the market the republicans claim is ‘free’ is just a game with loaded dice. We have seen wall street billionaires declare bankruptcy a half dozen times and get bailed out, but someone who can’t afford to pay a speeding ticket goes to jail. IT’S A RIGGED GAME. “

“Since 1978 CEOs have gotten paid over 900% more, workers are 65% more productive and they get 9% more. When America’s workers play a rigged game we all lose, when unions get busted and workers can’t organize? We lose... and when you don’t give people a livable wage we all lose. Basic decency and sound economics both bring you to the same conclusion: IT’S A RIGGED GAME thats why it’s time to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.”

“But if we are really going to create permanent lasting change we MUST support education. Now i’m not supporting teaching our kids how to better answer a multiple choice question on a test. I want to build real strong communities around schools, have teachers who are well-trained motivated and LOVE what they do. I want schools and teachers that really prepare our children not just for college but for life. We need to treat teachers with the respect they deserve and like the professionals they are!”

“The average student graduates with over $35,000 in debt, I want to make sure that every student gets the opportunity to go to college and that they can go to community college for free and when a student borrows money to go to college they get low rates.”

“The ACA was not perfect, it could have been improved BUT I would take the ACA over having tens of millions without healthcare, without a net, where the only time they see a doctor is in the emergency room. We must continue to improve healthcare, making sure coverage is truly universal and held to the highest standards. I will work hand in hand with our governor to get the best possible healthcare after the RLSA until we can finally repeal it.”

“Everybody deserves affordable healthcare, nobody should have to choose between filling a grocery cart or a prescription jar. The Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and other programs that allow people to retire with dignity, that gives survivor benefits to their partners and families…. These are programs I will fight tooth and nail to defend, to make sure Social Security is there for you. It’s the least we can do.”

“One of the best tools we can use to reduce healthcare costs is a way to empower patients to make informed decisions about their healthcare. We need a tool that is comprehensive, that provides location specific price and quality information, not just a national average of the cost of services.”

“Hospitals should and must be MANDATED to publicly post their price lists in a machine readable format on their websites. In addition hospitals should be required to report directly to state and federal agencies so they can provide a comprehensive data set for consumers.”

“We must address that our current medical education system is not producing enough primary care physicians, and as we work towards healthcare reforms like patient centered medical homes and Accountable Care Organizations. One reason for that is that the Medicare physician payment policy greatly favors specialists and Primary Care Physicians have a massive gap in income. We must support loan forgiveness policies for medical students who pursue careers in primary care, and generally incentivizing med students who focus on primary care.”

“As we make peoples healthcare secure let us also secure our communities…. Mass Shootings capture headlines, but daily tragedies we see in towns and cities across the nation are just as tragic. Thirty Thousand Americans are killed by gun violence every year, the madness must end. I have given my thoughts and prayers to victims too many times but as great man once said ‘when you pray move your feet’. We need to move, we need to realize that we have options and ways to bring down gun violence without dismantling the second amendment which I respect. Ways to ensure criminals, terrorists and other dangerous individuals don’t get firearms. This is not about hunters, this is not about responsible gun owners looking to protect their family… This is about realizing that there is no good reason to own an assault rifle. If you buy a gun, no matter where or when, you should get a background check. The gun lobby owns many in Congress but they do not own the conscience of the American people.”

“As your Senator I will fight to ensure that no one who works full time will live in poverty, I will fight to raise the minimum wage, get better work scheduling, get paid family and medical leave, I will work towards giving every kid in America an opportunity to go to college without being buried under a mountain of debt, and for the debt that is owed now I will fight to make that burden easier.”

“As your Senator I will fight for retirement with dignity, an expansion of Social Security, Strengthening of Medicare and Retirement accounts, and to reform the ACA.”

“As your Senator I will fight against attempts to strip control of a woman’s body away from her. Defending a woman’s right to choose, supporting education and easier access to contraception is vital to promoting sexual health.”

“I grew up in a home full of strong women, I was raised by a single mom with the help of her mother. I have an incredible wife, I have 3 daughters I count myself blessed for every single day and I stand by my record fighting to give my girls a better life, a better country to call theirs. To make my mother proud and know that in heaven she is looking down and smiling on the work we do together.”

“I have supported a woman’s right to choose and have reproductive rights, I have fought for programs that empower women and young girls in this country and around the world, I have fought to help keep those who commit acts of violence against women accountable, I have fought against domestic abuse and for equal pay for equal work.”

“But I can do better… we can do better… we can always do better we can always go further and fight harder.”

“As long as women are thought of something less than, overworked and underpaid, just on their appearance and not their character, as long as they are subjected to violence and not to school… we cannot truly move forward.”

“There is no simple reform, no one magic pill, it is a revolution of the mind, heart and spirit. Of Policy and attitudes, of people willing to stand up to bigotry and discrimination. We must stand up to double standards and glass ceilings.”

“I am a religious man, and Christ said ‘he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone’, teaching us that only the faultless have the right to pass judgement on others. With this as in all things no one is faultless, this is a Democratic problem, this is a Republican problem, this is a Progressive problem and this is an American Problem. The question is do you stand fight for something better.”

“I want my daughters to be free from prejudice, to be treated with respect. In the coming days we will have battles to fight, battles for better healthcare, for equal pay, for a women’s control over her own reproductive health. When we see evil, when we see injustice it is our duty to speak out, it is my duty to speak out.”

“We need stronger laws to govern Wall Street, we need to keep the 1% accountable and when banks get too big they need to be broken up, the people of this country and this state deserve someone who will hold their feet to the fire and make sure they are accountable. We deserve someone who will support trade deals that don’t just favor the big corporations, trade deals that don’t leave you in the dirt and left behind as the gap between rich and poor widens and the middle class disappears.”

“In too many places the poor are getting poorer, families who need help will find essential services cut, they will find healthcare cut and they need to ‘pull themselves up by their bootstraps’ while the boot of the 1% is on their back. Americans trapped in poverty, no hope of a job or education, many turning to drugs and gangs. We as a nation cannot abandon them, and as your Senator I swear I will fight for them.”

“Call it ‘trickle down’, call it ‘supply side economics’ but its the same story, the shining city is for the privileged few not America as a whole. But democrats have always fought for a different vision, a vision of a nation where we pursue new frontiers in education, healthcare, and prosperity, a nation where we all move forward to that new frontier together, where no-one is left behind.”

"To this end I want to reform and improve the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the Child Tax Credit. My goal is to make work pay, the EITC and Child Tax Credit is great for increasing employment and labor force participation, but they can be improved. I want to make the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for families with children under 17, increase the phase in rate to 50 for families with children under the age of 6. This could lift over a million people out of poverty."

“President Roosevelt said that our right to liberty as Americans included the ‘the right of every family to a decent home.’ If we are going to fulfill that right for all American’s we must pursue housing that is safe, secure and affordable. Without a good home no one can thrive, participate fully in our economy, our society. Housing is a basic human need and we have a moral responsibility as a society to ensure it is met.”

“We need to protect families from being displaced, preserve rental housing using incentives that keep rents low paired with renovation and credits for energy efficiency. We need to facilitate permitting for adding rental units to larger existing homes, especially for elderly homeowners. We must expand community ownership models like co-housing and housing trust while encouraging the construction, financing and preservation of owner occupied multifamily houses, creating ways of financing for working individuals and families. We need 21st century regulatory reform that understands home-sharing, protecting the income generating function of homeowners and protecting rental opportunities. Home rule petitions must be expedited allowing communities to experiment and lower costs.”

“To my republican friends out there I want them to come to the table with us on this. Affordable housing is not charity, its not government welfare, this is one of the bottom rungs on the ladder to security and prosperity for our families and our communities. Good housing improves child and maternal health, leads to better school performance, better jobs, the ability to accumulate savings and contribute to the nation.”

“Our nation, our republic will not work if we do not get out there and fight for what we believe in. Politicians from the President to the local dog catcher need to hear from you, they hear plenty from the 1% and Wall Street, from Super-Pacs and giant corporations and those who can fill their pockets and campaign chests. If we don’t speak now, make our voices heard, our politicians will ONLY work for the wealthy few.”

“So while I am asking for your vote, but more importantly asking for your engagement. I hope that when election day comes you put a check mark next to my name on a ballot, but should you decide that you disagree I hope that you still get involved. Raise the level of debate and discourse, demand the highest standards not just from your elected officials but from those who elect them. Do not take your vote for granted, your country needs you, your nation needs you, and those who do not have the chance to vote need you.”

“Our state has a strong Irish tradition, and the Irish tell the story of a man reaching the gates of heaven asking to be let in, St. Peter says ‘of course just show us your scars’ to which the man replies ‘Scars? I have no scars’ St. Peter says ‘what a pity, was there nothing worth fighting for?”

“In the days to come we will accomplish much, we will push our state and our nation continually forward, but no progress worth making has ever been made with self sacrifice, personal suffering and sometimes even death. Find your truth, fight for it, pray and move your feet, show others the path forward by blazing the trail.”

“We are STRONGER TOGETHER, that means everyone who works hard has an equal shot at America’s promise, at joining the middle class and having a better life. We are STRONGER TOGETHER yet so many of our corporate and political leaders seem content to pursue their own self interest, leaving so many hard working Americans struggling and without a fair shot. So lets not give up now, abandon our dreams to dark apathy we are STRONGER TOGETHER and we can achieve the American Dream.”

“Together we can accomplish great things, I pray you join me, I pray you stand and march forward with me, and one day we will have built a country worthy of the principles we were founded on. Thank you, God bless America and God bless the Great State of Massachusetts.”

After his speech Samara spent the remaining time promoting and shaking hands with supporters and donors giving as much one on one time as possible to his people. He spent several hours at the event taking individual questions on the floor of the building and asking his own about the issues affecting them most. Samara listened as much as he spoke and did his best to ask thoughtful questions, he was already ready with a smile and a willingness to take selfies with his supporters. At 11pm Samara finally left the rally having shook as many hands as he could and headed back to his main office in his congressional district. He arrived at midnight where the overnight security guard let him in, speaking to him with a familiarity that said he was familiar with the late nights Samara worked.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I originally intended it to be (and on several other accounts), but we can change it if you wish."

"I have an account we can host it on for YouTube and Facebook. If you want to run it on other sites too, you can handle that. Now, I'll have to figure out if I can arrange things with the media on short notice but we should strike while the iron is hot. I am going to try to have them host it Thursday night. I assume that won't be a problem."

"It won't be. I'm already in town. I'll handle the rest. Anything else?"
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 pm

"It won't be. I'm already in town. I'll handle the rest. Anything else?"

"The location will probably be in Bourne, I'm working on reserving a specific venue."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:07 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"It won't be. I'm already in town. I'll handle the rest. Anything else?"

"The location will probably be in Bourne, I'm working on reserving a specific venue."

"Interesting. Is that all?"
Please Watch

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

New Jersey State House, Trenton, New Jersey

"I hate these traditions."

The words had more vitriol in their content than their tone, the latter more resigned and tired than spiteful, filtered through lips wrapped around a cigarette. It was not lit, she was not lucky enough to be able to indulge in that. This was just another try at a strategy to satiate the craving without rendering her remaining lung entirely useless, a method suited for only the backstage, before prying eyes and nosing noses butted in to catch a glimpse or a whiff. It was something. She would still rather it be something else.

The irritation was not out of any disagreement with what she was saying. The words she had scripted she believed, by and large, at the least, but never had embraced the necessity of going out and saying them. She would have been a better Governor in another era, before news cameras needed to be everywhere to cover all-too-frequent speeches, when phone lines went ringing off of the hook, and they expected you to criss-cross the state to pat everyone's head and drip some honey in their ears. Cycle back two hundred years, and being Governor would have much less of that, a far quieter office, and much more time to sit down and pen policies by candlelight that would actually do something over feeding the never-satiated media hounds, negotiate with a legislature that was not only looking for a soundbite that could go in a Youtube clip or a tweet. That would have been a far finer vocation than the blaring of the one she retained at present, and yet was attempting to maintain.

One of her sex, of course, would never have gotten that opportunity in the first place. That would have been a life far more likely to see her simply hitched off to some scion of a plantation or other and live out her days producing children. Then again, she considered as she gnawed the cancer stick, her own experience in that regard had not turned out much differently.

It was all fate, regardless, and even if she was fated to waste her time wondering about it, in some kind of cruelly recursive plan, she would, be one will or another, be stepping out on stage soon, and had better stash the Newport while she still had the chance.

The cig went into the toilet, and her gaze went to the mirror once more time, mulling over the hour-and-a-half of makeup covering the skin, and realistically assessing it as about as good as could be done. Her Chief of Staff poked her head in, and the Governor sighed, oriented herself, and made her way out to the cameras and crowd.

"Today we celebrate two hundred and forty-one years of freedom in the greatest country in the world. Two hundred and forty-one years ago today, the American colonies became the United States of America, a nation that has stood the test of time."

It was not an ideal pause-for-applause line, but Hotchkiss did not always have the luxury on pausing on one when breath was a scarce as hers was.

"This country was formed on ideals of liberty, freedom, and justice for all, proud principles that we still hold today. Liberty and Prosperity is the motto of our state, and we continue to work to make sure that every citizen has their full share of both."

"New Jersey was one of the first states to join these United States, and we have stood strong ever since. Our soldiers have foot in every war that this country has, from the Revolution to World War II to the War on Terror today. I was proud to stand alongside my fellow Americans in our armed forces, and today should be a day where we commend the servicemen of today and the veterans of yesterday for their service."

A longer break this time, that line had been excessive. The applause, at least, was enough to allow a recovery.

"We remember their contributions, but also the contributions of many others. The doctors who have cared for the sick and ailing, the businessmen who have brought innovation and prosperity, the police officers and firefighters who keep us safe at home in peace as our soldiers do in times of war."

"The Fourth of July is a day for all of us who share this great country. Today we should all remember our great past and appreciate that we have the privilege to be citizens in the greatest country in the world."

"Happy Independence Day. God bless you all, and God bless the United States of America."

She could have written all that in a letter. Washington did it, after all, but this was not his day. In the present, this was what was demanded, and so it was what was given, as Hotchkiss offered a perfunctory wave to the crowd, and yielded the stage.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm

"Interesting. Is that all?"

Taylor was sounding both more agreeable and blunt than Kristen expected, but she wasn't going to question it. "We need a moderator and a format."

Rihki Roceekestanaopia
Civilian

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rihki Roceekestanaopia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:16 am

*Leaked photo of President Reed

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:37 am

Anderson's House, Washington DC Metropolitan Area

She took a seat while he moved into the kitchen.

"Things have been a little rough lately, so I missed a lot of the last session," she replied. "But the Lord continues to bless us."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:19 am

The Orion Islands wrote:Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
“Only one state is run worse than New Mexico. Commies don’t understand anything.”

Martin Taylor
@MartinTaylorWA

"No, you don't understand anything. People like you have blood on your hands, the blood of innocents! And all for what, to please corporations that mooch off the Federal Government and addict our own citizens?! You have blood on your hands, I say! #BloodonYourHands"

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
“I refuse to engage with a Stalinist”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:22 am

Meelducan wrote:
(Image)
Joe Darnell
@SenatorDarnell
Senator Wilson has a cheek to call New Mexico a poorly run state, he has done nothing to help the people of Wyoming! He should be ashamed!

(Image)
Joe Darnell
@SenatorDarnell
Currently, @NMGOV has a better healthcare plan than the ‘Troy Wilson 2016’ campaign did.

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
“I have authored bills designed to boost Wyoming’s economy and defend this great nation.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 am

Sanabel wrote:Anderson's House, Washington DC Metropolitan Area

She took a seat while he moved into the kitchen.

"Things have been a little rough lately, so I missed a lot of the last session," she replied. "But the Lord continues to bless us."

“I’m sorry to here that” Anderson said with sympathy in his voice “but tonight the lord is going to bless us with some really good salmon if I do say so myself”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:03 am

Senator Villanueva de Peña's Office, Deming, New Mexico

"Do you have any water? I'm not very used to deserts," Aubrey inquired in a pleasant tone, covering over the awareness that she assumed both of them had of the nonverbal standoff that was forming.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:17 am

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

If this Martin Taylor really thought that corporations were bigger terror organizations than ISIS, then he wouldn't say to fight them with protests and letters. We didn't fight Daesh with protests and letters, we fought them with rifles and artillery, because we were fighting a real terror of rape and murder, not bad wages.

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Letters don't mean anything to real agents of terror with they burn down your house or devastate your neighborhood with rocket barrages or kill your children in front of you. Taylor is ridiculous with hyperbole, and any legitimate criticism of corporate greed and failures falls apart when he opens his mouth too wide and makes a fool of himself.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 am

Prolieum wrote:
(Image)
Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

If this Martin Taylor really thought that corporations were bigger terror organizations than ISIS, then he wouldn't say to fight them with protests and letters. We didn't fight Daesh with protests and letters, we fought them with rifles and artillery, because we were fighting a real terror of rape and murder, not bad wages.

(Image)
Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Letters don't mean anything to real agents of terror with they burn down your house or devastate your neighborhood with rocket barrages or kill your children in front of you. Taylor is ridiculous with hyperbole, and any legitimate criticism of corporate greed and failures falls apart when he opens his mouth too wide and makes a fool of himself.

Liked and retweeted by Glen Anderson

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:39 pm

The Honorable Senator Troy Wilson
U.S. Capitol Building
First St SE, Washington, DC 20004
Dear Senator,
I would like to ask you a few questions regarding a current FBI investigation. I would like to make it known that your answers to these questions will be included in an official report. If you would like to make them private please specify that. I would, however, like to remind you that you are not being charged with any crime, and can choose not to answer the questions.
Sincerely, 
Austin Miller
Deputy Attorney General
Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice Building Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20530
If we may start with these:
Have you ever met Dianna Noble?
Have you met Alois Kramer?
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:The Honorable Senator Troy Wilson
U.S. Capitol Building
First St SE, Washington, DC 20004
Dear Senator,
I would like to ask you a few questions regarding a current FBI investigation. I would like to make it known that your answers to these questions will be included in an official report. If you would like to make them private please specify that. I would, however, like to remind you that you are not being charged with any crime, and can choose not to answer the questions.
Sincerely, 
Austin Miller
Deputy Attorney General
Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice Building Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20530
If we may start with these:
Have you ever met Dianna Noble?
Have you met Alois Kramer?

To: The Assistant Attorney General
I have never met Dianna Noble in any capacity, although we have had hostile interactions on Twitter. I have met Senator Kramer through my service in the Senate.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Joe Darnell
@SenatorDarnell
And yet Senator (@KeepWyomingGreat), Wyoming has one of the worst economies in these United States.

Joe Darnell
@SenatorDarnell
In 2018, Wyoming has a clear choice, continue to fail under the watch of Troy Wilson, or, elect someone who actually cares about Wyoming, and not just there Senate paycheck.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse