NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:
"Mr. Governor" The GOP leader says after clearing his throat resulting in a somewhat different voice "The GOP has the majority, we can get it through as stands."

Di Pietro: “Ok. I’ll put it at the 70th percentile. Will that please everyone? Now that the Republicans are speaking up, mind telling me your opinion of the 4.75% income tax hike on the top bracket?”

"He already agreed to that" he reminded.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Di Pietro: “Ok. I’ll put it at the 70th percentile. Will that please everyone? Now that the Republicans are speaking up, mind telling me your opinion of the 4.75% income tax hike on the top bracket?”

Di Pietro: “I don’t remember the Republican leader agreeing to it.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Di Pietro: “Ok. I’ll put it at the 70th percentile. Will that please everyone? Now that the Republicans are speaking up, mind telling me your opinion of the 4.75% income tax hike on the top bracket?”

New York Republican Senate Leader

"We will do it, if that's the only way it gets done."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu May 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Dentali wrote:

"And in the spirit of cooperation, I can even drop to 90% for the threshold"

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Dentali wrote:

He nodded in approval "Thank you, now we are getting somewhere."

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Dentali wrote:

Di Pietro: “Alright gentlemen, we agreed on a 4.75% tax hike on the top bracket and to use the chained-CPI. Now we can use the 70th percentile to work with.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Di Pietro: “Alright gentlemen, we agreed on a 4.75% tax hike on the top bracket and to use the chained-CPI. Now we can use the 70th percentile to work with.”

"90th. I just voluntarily dropped that and the Majority leader here agreed, don't get greedy."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu May 16, 2019 4:13 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:Di Pietro: “Alright gentlemen, we agreed on a 4.75% tax hike on the top bracket and to use the chained-CPI. Now we can use the 70th percentile to work with.”

"90th. I just voluntarily dropped that and the Majority leader here agreed, don't get greedy."

“Watch it, I never agreed to it. I think 80 is reasonable.”

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Dentali wrote:

"So that's what I get for voluntary compromise, exploitation" he said bitterly. "No, that's off the table now. You blew that chance."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Dentali wrote:

"So that's what I get for voluntary compromise, exploitation" he said bitterly. "No, that's off the table now. You blew that chance."

“Mr governor let’s call it a day for now, just do the healthcare we agreed to then tackle this issue at a later date.”

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Dentali wrote:

“Mr governor let’s call it a day for now, just do the healthcare we agreed to then tackle this issue at a later date.”

Di Pietro: “Any objections?”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am

Arthur Arlen
@NorfolkMayor
After many meetings with the Commission On Climate Change Mitigation and Adaption, today I announce my plan to classify Norfolk as an Eco-City.

Arthur Arlen
@NorfolkMayor
By doing this, Norfolk will move into the 21st Century eviromentally. Climate Change is a major problem that our country is facing and we must do everything we can to fight it.

Arthur Arlen
@NorfolkMayor
I urge cities throughout the Commonwealth to begin taking steps towards becoming an eco-city. Let's make Virginia the cleanest state in the country!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Glen for Penn? Life, Liberty and the pursuit of the Governor’s Mansion
By David Halco

It’s 9 pm on a Saturday, Glen Anderson has been working a 14 hour day barnstorming across Dauphin County visiting homes, small businesses and literal barns but he has one last stop to make. Jessica Anderson, a clever and freckle-faced 11-year-old runs out to greet him, Glen who was exhausted just moments before lights up before picking his daughter up and swinging her around in a tight embrace.

“Dad!” Jessica says returning the hug, “Can we watch Doctor Strange before you tuck me in?”

“I wish I got more moments like this,” Anderson said a few hours later when Jessica had been put to bed, “I asked her if I could run for Governor before I announced, I wanted her input, her permission. She told me ‘if you’re going to run you better win’”

Earlier that day Anderson had been at a roadside diner with some of his team, treating them to a well deserved lunch. He was recognized by a few people, obliging in selfies and brief conversations on issues but for the most part he was busy coordinating an event with his team. Anderson had announced quite early for the race but considering his campaigns busy schedule it is probably good he did. Anderson pledged to visit all 67 counties in Pennsylvania.

“These aren’t just lip service visits either,” his campaign manager, Amanda De Sousa, says as Glen is distracted from the interview by talking with the owner of the diner about how buying local produce can be made more cost effective, “We spend all weekend in a county, visit every spot we can and talk to whoever we can. He doesn’t believe in voter rolls, in targeting those who are known Republican activists, he just cares if they are a citizen of the state.”

“The hardest part of campaigning?” Anderson says, repeating the question I had asked as he looked over the diner menu, “I’m a health nut, and on the road it’s hard to eat right. Everyone is tempted to get McDonalds every day out of convenience.” After a few moments contemplation he makes his selection a spinach and feta cheese egg white omelette “Feta has a third less fat than cheddar” he explains matter of factly. “When I was a fitness trainer I tried to start people out making small changes before moving on to the big ones, maybe that’s what i’ve always tried to do since.”

Glen was born into Generation X, weaned on Star Wars, Alt Rock and a healthy skepticism of the mainstream. “REM, Sonic Youth,” Glen said flipping through his Ipod, “Springsteen is my favorite but most of my music is alternative and post-punk rock; the Replacements, The Smiths, The Cure… they taught me that in life you shouldn’t be afraid of making mistakes of not doing something perfectly, if you want to get anywhere you need to free yourself from that fear.”

Anderson is a famous name in Pennsylvania, especially in the west where the factories and offices of “Anderson Industrial” dot the landscape and employ 2,000 people. “As a kid I was all about sports and the local music scene, it wasn’t so much competition with others that attracted me as the idea of perfecting myself. I cared more about being in good shape than being on a team. I love Penn State though,” Anderson added, referring to his alma mater, “I’ll root for them in anything.”

Anderson has been advocating for change in Washington for longer than he has served in Congress, he worked as an intern for Pennsylvania Senator Raymond Gootlatch while in college and assisted in a number of other campaigns for office in his home state. “It was a busy time,” Anderson commented as we were driven to his next event, “I was a waiter and a fitness trainer while doing freelance writing and working for “America Tomorrow”, I am not going to pretend I wasn’t born into a wealthy family but I tried to strike out on my own and be independent.”

His skill with the pen landed him a role as a speechwriter of Vice President Dickney in 2004, until Anderson decided to return home full time in 2006. “I had just gotten married,” he explained, “we wanted to settle down someplace a bit more stable but honestly I was restless, even after Jessica was born.” Anderson and his then-wife Rebecca Dalton moved to the suburbs outside Pittsburgh near Anderson Industrial’s headquarters; where Glen started working for his family as a consultant and lobbyist, but he never strayed from politics completely advising local campaigns and working to elect Republicans.

“When Winston got elected, the people of Pennsylvania felt hopeful. Maybe this guy could get us through the recession… I didn’t vote for him, didn’t support him, helped the PA Republican Party organize against him but I still hoped they were right. That somehow Winston would be the right man for the right moment. But it became readily apparent he wasn’t.”

Glen credits his increasing political activism as a major reason for his divorce from Rebecca Dalton in 2010, as his passion left him less time to be a good husband, “After our nominee for Congress lost in 2010, I decided I was done being behind the scenes. I wanted to be the guy running, Senator Gootlatch wanted me to but I never felt ready before. I told Rebecca that I couldn’t stand on the sidelines and do nothing while the state and country suffered.”

Over 70 members of Congress and a handful of governors are divorced, but something that potentially cost Nelson Rockefeller the Republican nomination in ‘64 is still an issue. ‘“Some voters will ask ‘How can I talk about family values when I have a failed marriage?’” Anderson asked rhetorically after finishing a rally a few miles west of Harrisburg, “That’s a fair question, but bottom line… Rebecca is still an amazing mom and I’m doing all I can to be an amazing dad. Divorce is rough, sure, but we put our daughter first. I still worry about keeping her safe and getting her through school like everyone else.” When I asked Anderson if he regret getting married in the first place, he told me, “No... because it gave me Jessica.”

Anderson won his first election in 2012, relying on a wealth of experience, connections and with a family name known in the region, to make it through the primary and then the general election, he won against the Democratic incumbent Peggy Epps by a 5 point margin outperforming the districts Partisan Lean by two points, he mainly focused on an economic platform. In his first year he authored two bills, the first of which increased healthcare protections for firefighters especially volunteers and another that protected small town banks. The next year saw three more bills.

After his first term, Anderson grew more comfortable writing legislation. “I had worked in Congress before, I knew what it looked like and how it felt to get votes for a bill. I missed it. But I was still new, I was in no rush to make a fool of myself. After the first year I decided I was ready to go full tilt.” Anderson would become a prolific bill author on a number of issues, notably on education. His outspokenness on the issue led him to the chairmanship on the Committee on Education and the Workforce. He championed charter schools and education savings accounts, anything to privatize and localize schools. It was Anderson who authored the highly popular DC voucher Pilot program.

Anderson voted in his first election in 1988, voting for the Senior Shrub. “I wasn’t much of an activist then, but everyone loved Reagan and wanted the good economy to continue. When 1992 came around I was close to voting for Pallot, I liked a lot of what he was saying and his middle of the road focus. But in the end, I was a Conservative and stuck with the party.” Sticking with the party is something Anderson has had issue with, claiming he has never voted a straight party ticket in his life. “Having an R next to your name doesn’t mean you should get elected. Make no mistake, I’m a Republican, proud to be so, but not every Republican is created equal.”

He caused some stir in the last election by not explicitly endorsing now President Reed, “I voted for him in the end, and I told others to do so. He’s a great guy and has proven himself since.” Anderson explained, “My worry wasn’t ideological it was ‘if this guy gets a phone call at 2am about Russia invading Estonia can he handle it? Will he know what to do?’ I’m happy to say my fear was unfounded. It definitely pissed off some people in the party, but if you’re not ruffling some feathers as a politician you’re doing it wrong.”

Another rarity in today’s politics is Anderson’s commitment to bipartisan legislation, authoring more legislation than any other Republican this last session, most of it with a co-sponsor from across the aisle. “My biggest pieces of legislation this session were the 21st Century Agriculture Act, the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, Save Small and Local Business Act and the Innovation in America Act.”

“The Agriculture Act was backed by Senator Alphonsey from California. He’s a Progressive but incredibly bright and he’s truly committed to his job.” Anderson hinted a bit at his belief Alphonsey would run for President in 2020 before continuing to talk about the benefits of the farm bill. “The tax code didn’t work for farmers, where they had their money, how they were taxed, this reflected modern realities… people think of farming as some antiquated thing but the truth is its changing rapidly and is innovating constantly, we need to support workers as industries change and farming is no different.”

Touring public schools in Philadelphia is what inspired The Education Facility Rehabilitation Act. According to Anderson, “Kids can’t learn if the school is falling apart, and in a lot of cities they have their priorities backwards for funding schools, mainly in urban areas like Philadelphia that are using schools that have been around for decades. Congressman Barnum, I was in a meeting with him for an unrelated matter, and I mentioned the bill, I never expected him to jump on it like he did. That bill wouldn’t have gotten through without him.”

“Saving Small and Local Business, and the Innovation in America Act…” Anderson said with a hint of pride “The Winston administration was responsible for a gutting of small businesses, through taxation and mostly through regulation. Pennsylvania’s government didn’t help things. Innovation in America is a Consumer focus ‘made in America’ type bill. Problem with most ‘made in America’ solutions is that they raise the cost for consumers, buy American for twice as much. This focuses on bringing down the costs of manufacturing in America, of innovating, of bringing jobs to places like Erie that need it the most.”

During this last session he was simultaneously campaigning for the Governorship. Despite essentially holding 2 full time jobs, Anderson managed to never miss a vote and wrote more legislation than any other Congressman that session, something Anderson credits to a great campaign staff he can trust to make hard decisions. “No one campaigns alone, I trust my staff to make the right choice when the chips are down and I can’t be there to chime in. My duty as a Congressman comes first and they knew that going in.”

However the campaign does admit to missteps, like doing a joint rally with Senator Alois Kramer before he officially announced his campaign for President and before the massacre in Dillon, Montana, which claimed 9 lives.

“The idea from the beginning of the campaign was to unite as many people and groups as possible, I knew Kramer a bit but not very well. At the time I just saw him as a Senator a bit further right than me with a ton of experience. I told him I was running and he offered to endorse. I said yes. Then, a few days later, he announced he was considering challenging Reed in 2020.” Anderson relayed the story with a bitter taste in his mouth, the association clearly causing him some distress.

“I let him know my frustration, bluntly and firmly, that he would not inform me of such a move, that it affected my campaign by association and that the President didn’t at all deserve such a primary threat so early into his Presidency. Kramer was apologetic and swore to me… swore to god that he did not actually intend to challenge the President and was simply expressing frustration at a few recent positions, He offered to make it up to me by holding a rally with me, I told him I would think about it. Afterwards I contacted the White House, spoke with the chief of staff about the endorsement and made it clear I had no intention of supporting Kramer challenge the President, they greenlit the joint rally with Kramer and we held it.”

“Then Kramer announced, I disowned the endorsement he had given me and expressed my disdain for the move. Then Dillion happened… I have no words for Kramer’s actions and association, the man has dishonored the nation and Congress.”

Anderson has continued to campaign throughout the state, racking up momentum and more endorsements from multiple wings of the Republican Party, like Governor Stephens of Montana, Senator Troy Wilson of Wyoming, Senator Diane Lane of Wisconsin and Governor Mondale of Ohio as well as many local names from across the state.

“My platform is to Get Pennsylvania Working Again, to bring economic prosperity to the state, to lower the burdens of taxes and regulation and to remove the barriers to prosperity that affect people from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh.”

“The Commonwealth Healthcare Choices Plan is my current pride and joy,” Anderson said, referring to his healthcare policy platform, “It tooks years of research, writing and experimentation, I’m proud of the final product and it’s going to do a lot of good. The basic idea is to empower consumers, let them choose and tailor healthcare to their own personal needs.” Healthcare frequently ranks as the number 1 issue among voters across the nation, and in Pennsylvania its dueling for the top spot with “Jobs/Economy.” So far, Anderson is the only candidate for the Governorship with a full healthcare plan, including current Governor Brantley. “I have a reputation as a ‘policy guy’ or a ‘policy wonk’, I hope that people start viewing that more as a ‘solutions guy’ someone who actually has real solutions for how to solve real problems. Too often the party gets too focused on rejecting Progressive and Liberal solutions to problems, we are dismissive, we say ‘that won’t work because of X,Y and Z.’ Too often we lose sight that they are addressing real problems facing Americans today and we can’t win by just saying ‘No,’ we need to have our own way forward.”

“When I go door to door I hear the same thing, people feel disconnected from their elected leaders. Ever problem they have is met with more taxes, that people don’t need or want. You can claim the tax increases are all for good things but how much are we getting for our investment? Our state is hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, taxpayers… and the only solution Harrisburg has found is raising taxes.” Anderson has been bringing a pro-business low tax message to communities throughout the state, remaining remarkably whether speaking to inner city Philadelphia, blue collar Erie or rural Lancaster, pledging not to raise taxes and to tear down regulation.

“Something I learned from Senator Gootlatch is that you can’t go door to door explaining your 20 point policy plan” Anderson explained in between stops on his tour of Westmoreland County “So instead of education policy I talk about their kids, and I talk about Jessica and how at 11 she wants to be a dentist.” Anderson chuckles a bit and shakes his head “What kind of an 11 year old wants to be a dentist? I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, I expected for her to say Wonder Woman or something but instead she told me a dentist.”

Smiling Anderson continues “As a parent you feel joy when your kid starts to set goals but you also get scared you can’t do your part to get them there. That’s where I talk about education savings accounts, economic security and helping people send their kids to college.”

“As it stands Anderson has visited 58 of the 67 counties in the state before the Republican primary is even over, recently another Congressman has entered the race Areen Ramlan of the 6th Congressional District, a relative unknown. “Jump on in” Anderson said after hearing the announcement of Ramalan entering the race “I believe in the exchange of ideas, primaries are a great opportunity for the party to continually refine its identity.”

On the left Governor Brantley has been largely regarded as an inactive governor, after taking over for Governor Vilseck after he left to head the DNC. “We need him to move on a bunch of immediate issues” Anderson related with frustration “first and foremost the opioid crisis, he’s paid lip service to it but has yet to do much of substance. Our state has the highest salary for the governor in the country, something I aim to change, he hasn’t earned a dime.”

“This is a state in crisis, but we also have great opportunity. We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live. Pennsylvania can leave the way.”
Last edited by Dentali on Sun May 19, 2019 1:22 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 am

Albany, New York
New York State Executive Mansion
Monday
22 May

"I think it should be decided now." McGareth suggests.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Di Pietro: “Any objections?”

"Not here"

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Areen Ramalan Campaign Rally, Norristown, Pennsylvania
Ramalan returned to Montgomery County for his next rally following his rally in Reading. The stop in Norristown was a relatively short one, as he would be traveling to Allentown the next day. He gave his speech to a small sized crowd, standing atop a small platform set up in the middle of a public square.

“Norristown has been the victim of the job loss to illegal immigration for the past decade. Harrisburg has done nothing to prevent this city, and many other Pennsylvania cities from being destroyed by illegal immigration, the Pennsylvanian jobs taken. Illegal immigration must be dealt with accordingly, we cannot stand idle like the current government.

This state’s GOP is in need of reform, we need to reform the idea of republican values. Anderson is far too much of a moderate to get anything done, I ensure that enough is enough. Enough with Brantley’s idle government, enough with the current Pennsylvania GOP not putting up a fight, instead happily going along due to so-called “bi-partisanship” and letting our jobs be taken, our economy go down just for this. This moderation is not what we need right now, what we need are people who will firmly stand up for republican values and not cower down or compromise on it. Jobs are essential, family values are essential, religious tradition is essential.

Norristown is a city of businesses, small businesses. These are the small businesses that will benefit the most from the free market. Under a market free of massive regulations, the small businesses will have all the opportunities to earn honestly. Do not fall into the fear mongering of the left when they say deregulation only benefits monopolies, because as we can see in a city like this, small businesses do flourish when the city government decides to take steps and lower taxes while deregulating.

Pennsylvania will not tolerate sanctuary cities. There are deadly consequences to not following the law, making our cities “safe havens” for illegal aliens will only make them more dangerous. We will lose more jobs to these people. As governor, I will make sure that none of our cities become “sanctuaries” at all, passing statewide laws preventing this.

Taxation is another issue near and dear to Pennsylvanians. The common Pennsylvanian pays their taxes, and probably doesn’t realize what it’s beneficial for. That’s for a good reason, the only people who benefit from high taxes are the bureaucrats sitting in Harrisburg. I hate the term “anti-establishment”, but my opponents in this race are a representation of these bureaucrats. They are, in all senses, the establishment, and high taxation only makes their paychecks go up, while Pennsylvanians benefit from nothing.

The opioid crisis is an issue that affects the young people in our country the most. While our state isn’t the worst at this, we need to combat this crisis head on. As governor, I pledge to make it much harder for doctors to prescribe harmful painkillers and whatnot. I will do whatever is in my power to make sure this crisis ends.

We need to focus on a harder approach to school choice. Too long have the so called “conservatives” of Pennsylvania stayed around doing absolutely nothing. We need to fully implement numerous programs in order to give parents the choice they deserve. Not everyone has to go to failing and outright dangerous schools, and not everyone has to pay exorbitant property prices simply because the home they want is in a good school district. We need to focus on charter schools and advocate many alternative schooling options. I promise to do all in my power to advocate school choice, there is no compromise on this issue. Far too long have Pennsylvania republicans gone too lightly on this issue, enough is enough!

I will also not stand idle while powerful bureaucrats keep getting more powerful. My main campaign platform revolves around going back to the basics, to where we were when we were founded. Pennsylvania was the only colony at our founding where freedom, liberty, and justice were valued. We should not hesitate to show our state pride, because we deserve it. This is a state built by the people, not by the bureaucrats. As such, they sit there in Harrisburg, getting rich off of the crushing taxes. Taxes stop innovation, taxes do nothing but make bureaucrats richer. The people will not be victim to this anymore, bureaucracy should be on its way out!

There is no compromise on getting things done, we will meet our goals, and not stand idle like the so called moderates. Too long has the Pennsylvania GOP been compromising on the issues the people care about, enough is enough.”
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Fredrick Williams
@GovMS
President Reed did not address the incoming CULTURAL GENOCIDE against the South by the YANKEE aggressors. Mississippi would rather die poor and hungry than take down our beloved Southern flag.

Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue May 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #60
Warren, Warren County
Women’s Care Center

2 days after the Congressional Baseball Game

Anderson made a tough decision to divert from his campaign schedule to help secure himself with the evangelical base of the Republican Party in the state. Ramalan had finally named him in a speech, making a baseless attack but had decided he was going to stay above it for now. He had been planning on visiting the Women’s Care Center but not this soon, it was a group he had associated with in the past but not too heavily. Now he would bring it front and center, holding a Pro-Life rally outside it with the permission of its operators. This was not billed as an Anderson rally but relied heavily on the campaign infrastructure to increase turnout at the event as well as bring news cameras. Anderson would not speak about his race for governor unless directly asked and his supporters were politely asked to not bring any Anderson campaign materials only those that supported a pro-life message.

Before the rally he spoke private and answered questions from a number of faith leaders in the community about his support for pro life laws and measures specifically touting his 20 week abortion ban pledge.

Arriving at the Women’s Care Center early he toured the facility, took some pictures with a few of the women there and asked questions of both the staff and the patients on how the state could best support them. As the rally began Anderson was the third of 5 speakers and likely the most well known, he elected to give a shorter speech letting others take the lead but gave a few good red meat soundbites for the news and the evangelical voters.

“I would like to thank everyone for coming today and choosing to support life. I would also like to thank all the speakers today telling their stories and hope that they reach those who need to hear them. I promise to keep my comments brief."

I’d like to tell a story that many here known already, but many watching may not. In 1984 a student at Notre Dame confided in her Professor about her unplanned pregnancy. She told her professor she didn’t want an abortion but didn’t know what else to do, she didn’t know where to turn. Professor Janet Smith took action and bought a small house near campus, right next to an abortion clinic. Starting with that student she helped show young women they could choose life instead of abortion.”

“The Women’s Care Center started with one small conversation, someone being a good friend and neighbor. That one choice has grown into the country’s largest network of pregnancy-resource facilities;... 23 locations in 11 states, serving 25,000 a year. WCC locations offers free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, counseling, referrals for prenatal care, parenting classes and resources from children’s clothing to diapers and toys.”

“I am not going to stand here and pretend I know what women who have an unplanned pregnancy are going through, I will not pretend it is easy… what I am going to do is offer my help as a friend and neighbor to someone going through a hard time. We should treat women going through this period with love, charity and understanding.”

“I stand for life because I believe human life has inherent value. That each child born and unborn has the ability to open up our lives and add to the rich tapestry of our world. That each child born and unborn has the potential for greatness. A child born today could become the doctor that cures cancer, could be the brave man or woman that plants a flag on Mars, closer to home they could be a leader in the community, a friend when someone is in need, a volunteer that realizes the gift given to them and wants to give back.”

“When we terminate a pregnancy we kill that potential… we all suffer, we all lose a little bit of ourselves. We lose what might have been. I am proud to serve in a Congress, to be part of a movement that has chosen to value life, to turn away from funding organizations that convince women they have no alternative but to abort the life and the potential within them. Organizations that limit a woman’s choice so they can profit. I refuse to believe the way to empower a life is by allowing people to end a life.”

“The right to life is fundamental, it trumps virtually any other right I can imagine, without it none of the other rights matter. You cannot have liberty without life. This is not a political or policy issue, its a basic issue at the foundation of every society which we must answer, and how we choose to answer will define us. The Constitution tells us every human life is worthy of protection, whether they can vote or not, whether they can speak or not. ”

“May God bless our women who are struggling with unplanned pregnancy, may we love them and embrace them. May we find the strength to empower them and find their potential. Thank you.”

After his speech Anderson spent a few hours speaking with different people at the event, the other speakers and young advocates/activists. He talked about supporting WAC in Congress and when asked about his agenda as governor he spoke about his support for a 20 week abortion ban. All told he tried to strike a very humble tone while speaking, staying friendly and acting like a good Christian neighbor.
Last edited by Dentali on Tue May 21, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed May 22, 2019 1:01 pm

To: Representative Areen Ramalan

RE: An opportunity

Representative,

I have seen your recent speech in Norristown where you have shown support for American people against the growing tide of illegal immigration flowing from the southern border. I would first like to thank you for doing so and would like to invite you to my D.C. area residence in Anaandale, Virginia in order to discuss further your campaign and new potential opportunities you may find. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Respectfully,

Senator Alois Kramer
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm

To: Senator Alois Kramer

I will be glad to come over, just send me a time to visit.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am

Aureumterra wrote:

To: Representative Arleen Ramalan

Would this Saturday at 18:20 work for you, Representative?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat May 25, 2019 7:30 am

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
Only a career politician like Jason Samara and his Washington cronies that have spent their entire careers burying all of us in more and more debt could say that a balanced budget is avoiding responsibility. How out of touch can someone be to say that it is responsible to dig us deeper and deeper into debts that he'll refuse to pay?

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
We're being lectured on responsibility by someone who has helped blow massive holes in our budgets as a Winston ally and can't even handle the responsibility of his own office without running out on the job.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:

Yes, I will be there at 18:20
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat May 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:

Yes, I will be there at 18:20

To: Representative Areen Ramalan

I look forward to seeing you, Representative.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun May 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #61
Hermitage, Mercer County

3 days after Congressional Baseball Game

Mercer was about halfway between his home district and the town of Erie where he launched his campaign with Mercer itself being in the region of Erie. This county in the northwest of the state was part of Anderson’s ‘home turf’ with moderate blue collar workers making up a large portion of the community. In the late 90s and early 00s it was considered a bellwether for the entire state but had been trendingly increasingly red since 2004 despite voter registration having less than a percent discrepancy between republicans and democrats.

Oddly though his day campaigning in the county didn’t start in the county, or even the state instead Anderson found himself in Youngstown, Ohio. Hermitage being on the border of Ohio meant that it was in the broadcasting area of stations originating in Youngstown namely WKBN and AM radio station with a talk format. He had an in studio interview there where he mainly focused on major politics of the country overall to offset the weirdness of campaigning for Pennsylvania in Ohio, he made sure to express support for Julie Mondale as Ambassador to the UN and lauded the job she did as governor. After the early morning interview Anderson moved east into Mercer proper.

Interviewer: Congressman Ramalan attacked you recently saying “Anderson is far too much of a moderate to get anything done, I ensure that enough is enough”, how do you respond?

Anderson: I tried to contact the Congressman a number of times to ask him to agree to a clean campaign, I was ignored every time and I guess I know why now. As to the specific charge of my moderation I would ask ‘Compared to what?’ Ramalan has served in Congress a bit, despite his lack of a single piece of legislation to his name, can Ramalan point to a single vote that trended to my right? Furthermore I have written conservative bills and fought for conservative legislation, I have been on the floor debating democrats and progressives alike. Ramalan to my knowledge has never voiced support in favor of a single bill, never debated in favor of a Conservative position on the floor of Congress.”

“He promises to advance school choice, i’ve actually advanced school choice. He promises to help small business, I have actually helped small businesses, so I would like to thank Congressman Ramalan for supporting legislation I have written. He calls for lower taxes but has no plan, I call for lower taxes and have pledged to not raise or implement new taxes AND I have a plan to lower them without harming essential services or creating massive debt.”

“Congressman Ramalan has never taken actual substantive action to advance Conservative ideology. Now if he was a businessman, or someone from outside politics that would be understandable but he is a Congressman, he was elected to represent the values and interests of his district and he hasn’t done anything.”

He was greeted with strong support from supporters he had cultivated in the area, he held a private meeting with a number of prominent republicans where he articulated his vision for Pennsylvania, his rhetoric was a bit more conservative then normal but was still his standard and workable pitch focusing on an economic message and his success as a Congressman. From there he spent 2 hours going door to door in reliably republican neighborhoods, people politically involved and likely to vote. He had 1 on 1 conversations with a number of families giving each roughly 10 to 15 minutes to have a conversation with the Congressman.

After his retail politics were finished for the day he gave an evening speech at a rally.

"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“You feel like they live in the forgotten land, that no one understands what a blue-collar, working-class family has to go through in Pennsylvania today. You’re good, hard-working people, and ready for a change."

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“On day one as governor I will declare a statewide disaster and state of emergency regarding the opioid crisis, this will enable us to take immediate measures to enhance response, increase access to treatment and save lives. It will be the first of its kind for a public health emergency in the state.

“Step one will be to create an Opioid Command Center located at PEMA. The Command will meet weekly and be responsible for coordinating all elements of our response to the crisis. Next we will expand access to the prescription drug monitoring program to ensure prescribers are in compliance with opioid regulations.”

“We must make Overdoses and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome as reportable conditions, so that prescribers know if a patient has a history with abuse, keeping prescribers informed and making sure data is available is vital to curbing future addiction. We must also give the DDAP further emergency purchase authorization, allowing us to purchase more lifesavings drugs. Other aspects of this include amending regulations so that EMTs can dispense naloxone, waiving regulations that keep pharmacists from interacting with other organizations that deal with at risk individuals. Make rescheduling of fentanyl derivatives permanent as long as the crisis continues.”

“We have a shortage of doctors certified for the Narcotic Treatment Program, we need to allow nurses and physician assistants to expedite initial intakes which will greatly speed up the certification process and provide more qualified doctors to fight the crisis. For the duration of the crisis we will waive ALL licensing requirements and fees for high-performing drug and alcohol treatment facilities.”

“We also need to start exploring any and every option to combat this crisis, a plan that addresses the crisis from the top down, start to finish. This is just the first step in addressing this crisis, I just hope the current governor finally realizes the severity of the crisis. Even now I am speaking with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to secure funding exclusively to fight this crisis and the greater crisis with addiction as a whole. Moving forward we need to ask ourselves 3 major questions What treatment programs are proven to be effective?‘How can we fast track the most effective programs? How can we educate people about the dangers of opioids?’”

“The same moral commitment that calls us to act on the Opioid Crisis calls us to move to protect the most vulnerable among us, the lives of the unborn. In the words of Ronald Reagan ‘I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion… has already been born’. I’ve heard some claim you can’t determine where a life begins, that its a matter of debate, well here is where I stand… if we don’t know when the unborn becomes a human life then we MUST opt in favor that it is a human life until someone proves it isnt. And as a life they are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“As it stands our state levys one of the highest taxes on natural gas in the nation, and the democrats in Harrisburg have tried to raise it higher every year. That hurt every one of those jobs pipelines like Mariner East has created, the permit delays, the fee increases on gas wells, raising a tax on gas sold to homes… the energy sector is one of our states most promising sectors, we shouldnt shackle it to the greed of bureaucrats in Harrisburg. As your governor I will fight every proposed tax increase, and do everything I can to relieve your regulatory and tax burden.”

“Not only that I am going to support research on how to make fossil fuels, natural gas, every form of energy, cleaner and more efficient, so you can do more business and bring home a bigger paycheck to your families. The future of energy is not more corporate welfare, its cutting the oppressive regulatory and tax burden so companies can pay more, hire more and expand to their full economic potential. We have a 21st century industry operating under a 1970s regulatory regime, changing this alone would make a huge difference in the industry.”

“Our current state government is too focused on doling out taxpayer cash and promulgating regulation than on fostering an environment for good-paying jobs and economic growth.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse