NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

San Francisco, California

This was the first time that Joh visited a state that was already a strong supporter of Medicare for All. It wanted to make waves in the left-wing sphere by challenging the most liberal state in the country to adopt the idea of Medicare for All. It would be an optimal opportunity for more small dollar donations and increased volunteers to spread the message. By being the spearhead of the Medicare for All campaign, it was Joh's plan to become the biggest left-wing influencer in the Democratic Party. If he could achieve that, it would be impossible for the Democratic establishment to ignore him and his efforts.

Joh entered the stage of the rally, with Twisted Sister 'We're not going to take it' blaring in the background. He raised his fist in the air, like they do in the union gatherings, allowing for pictures to be taken on him in front of the massive 'Medicare for All' backdrop behind him.

"I've been around this entire country spreading the message of Medicare for All, but this was one of the rallies I was looking forward to the most. That's because I believe San Francisco and California has the power to be the progressive powerhouse. We're partly there, but we need a grassroots movement, a movement unseen before in American politics to make the real change. What makes me hopeful is the election of Scotty Marlowe, a big supporter of Medicare for All and an endorser of our campaign. But there needs to a larger push by the allies of Medicare for All to make it a reality. One of our campaigners recently attended a rally held by Donald Johnson and asked him on the question of Medicare for All. It wasn't a good answer, in fact, it was a weak answer. And we need to tell our elected representatives to stop being so weak on the matters that are important to us.

Donald Johnson said that his main priority is to 'fix' WinstonCare. The Medicare for All campaign is clear on this issue; WinstonCare is irredeemable. From the very beginning, WinstonCare was a free market failure, a 'pragmatic' middle ground, but it did some good. It got some people insurance, but overall, the big pharmaceutical companies were the real beneficiary of WinstonCare. WinstonCare left millions still without insurance and healthcare. Our goal is coverage for everyone, for free. Remember the word free because some in the establishment like to talk about 'affordable'. When they raise the word 'affordable', they still want you to pay for healthcare expenses. You shouldn't have to cough up any money for illness, disease or medical complications.

I have this saying to those who say healthcare is a luxury, treating healthcare like a piece of expensive furniture. I say; 'when I went to the doctors and they said I had a broken arm, they sent me home with it anyway!'. Because, really, the anti-Medicare for All arguments are a joke. They should be treated as jokes, because Medicare for All is so damn simple to understand and to pay for. The debate is easy to win, all that we need now are an active movement on the ground to get on the streets and put pressure on the government and the major parties. We know that healthcare isn't a luxury, it is a right. It should be treated the same as education, everyone deserves it when they need it, so if it is a right that we believe people should have, the government must provide it free for all citizens.

Financial calculations have found that the government will save money by moving to the Medicare for All system - because we will eliminate the insurance companies who work as a third person. If we can eliminate the third person and provide free healthcare for everyone, we will have a happier, healthier and fiscally responsible society. Medicare for All will save the people of the United States of America $500 billion in medical expenses. Allowing that $500 billion to be injected back into the community through additional spending. What we will see it more jobs, demand for more doctors, creating new opportunities, especially for our youth trying to find work. That's why we need to donate and volunteer as much as we can to make this a reality.

We need to move away from the wallet and purse biopsy, what world do we live in when the size of someones bank account equals their healthcare outcomes. Out of principal I believe that we shouldn't even take notice of someones personal wealth, someones personal wealth should not contribute to that persons well-being. That's why a very small minority of the America population opposes it, only 30% oppose it. 70% support it because it's humane and it's a system that we can do and do easily. The public support it behind us, now what we need is tangible political army and we're on our way to building it.

Medicare for All is now. We cannot wait. Each year, thousands of Americans die because they cannot afford their healthcare. Where are we living, India? No, the death of thousands of Americans, a lot of them in red states, need a voice. A voice of compassion, a voice of reason, the voice of the Medicare for All campaign. It we need to stand-up for the people that are disregarded by our political system, for too long have they ignored public opinion. All elected officials that do not support Medicare for All should out themselves right now. My challenge to all elected officials, let us know whether you support Medicare for All. If you don't, I understand you don't have the guts to turn against your electorate. If you do respond, and oppose Medicare for All, I'll give it to you, you have a lot of guts. But, having a lot of guts doesn't mean you will win re-election. We're coming for you and your seats. Be prepared, because we certainly are."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
Congressman Areen Ramalan officially launched his campaign for the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial office. The young, ambitious congressman had announced the launch of his campaign on social media, and used fundraised money to hold his first rally at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, in his home district. He decided it was finally time to step into the media spotlight and make his voice heard, if he ever had a chance at this office. Many local media outlets were present at the rally, eager to hear what this new face in the race had to say. Ramalan took a deep breath, and stepped up to the podium as the crowd applauded.

Excerpt from Ramalan for PA Rally
“Thank you! I have decided, after careful consideration and consulting my exploratory committee, to run for the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial office! It’s time for a new beginning in our state. A beginning not controlled by corrupt bureaucrats and such, rather a state run by the public, holding on to the republican values we were founded upon by William Penn. My main campaign platform revolves around going back to the basics, to where we were when we were founded. Pennsylvania was the only colony at our founding where freedom, liberty, and justice were valued. We should not hesitate to show our state pride, because we deserve it. This is a state built by the people, not by the bureaucrats. As such, they sit there in Harrisburg, getting rich off of the crushing taxes. Taxes stop innovation, taxes do nothing but make bureaucrats richer. You, the workers of Pennsylvania deserve all the respect from your government as possible. This is the one issue that all of us in this race, from both sides of the aisle, can agree on, labor unions must be protected! Workers must be protected! I also feel very strongly about the second amendment. We must give the opportunity for every citizen of Pennsylvania to own a gun. It is their constitutional right. While Brantley supports raising the legal age to own guns, I think there is no problem with what it is currently. In fact, we must enshrine it in law, that everyone age 18 and above has the full rights to own a firearms in this state. Raising the age to own a firearm will make guns more alien to the general public, without knowing proper handling of these tools, raising the legal age will only do more harm than good.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 pm

July 2nd, 2017

Taylor Cox
Cox's Party HQ, Los Angeles
California

"Alright. You got the campaign route map set up?" Cox asked one of his workers, as they were busy using the Los Angeles Journal building as Cox's own campaign office. "It's set up, though we have no idea on what any of the other candidates will have planned." one of his aides explained. "I need you to get me in contact with someone who knows how to run healthcare for once. That bitch Cao thinks that she can embarrass me in front of the Lincoln Club, well I will show them that they are missing out and they will run back to me, begging for their approval to me." Cox thought, having a bit of an inflated ego. "Have you considered simply doing single-payer?"
"No! My voters will think I'm appealing to the Democrats and the Johnsons!"
"Sir, speaking of the Johnsons, you did mention your plan on the statue they gave you."
"Oh course. Let me head over to City Hall to get it through. You start making posters, t-shirts, LAJ podcast episodes up, etc. I'm going to City Hall to sign in my final order. And even if Scotty attempts to get rid of it, he get a bad reaction." Cox said, grinning. "Also, if anyone has the time, someone call Dinesh D'Souza. Call him saying if he's making another book of his."

City Hall

Ah, the mayor's office. Cox is going to miss this place. Then again, he could run for mayor's office again. Though the governor's office might have a more comfy chair. With a fountain pen, Cox was busy sending an order that he wishes to send to city council, if they are willing to still support it, even though most of them are probably thankful he's leaving. He didn't care. Even if the order will be pending, when Cox reveals it tomorrow, the public will surely make sure that it stays. It will be a lose/lose middle finger to Scotty that Cox was making sure it happened. After finishing up the paper and making sure it was sent to the city council, Cox made a phone call to a construction firm.

"Hang on, you want us to do what?" a beard covered construction worker said, as a crew was outside near Cox's statue that many assumed was made by Cox himself, when it was in fact made by the Johnsons and given to him after that funeral. "What I want you guys to do is to remove this statue off the podium and bring it to my house in Glendale." Cox explained to the crew, as some trucks in the square, where a worker can be seen getting out a sledgehammer. "I tell you what. You get it down all neat and if you vote for me for governor, I can make sure you hard hats were tearing up the roads for no reasons. I know some plans on how I can make sure you all have your paychecks from a satisfying day of hard work." Cox said, smiling that teeth whitened mouth of his.

Cox stayed behind a bit to make sure the workers were doing their job, as they were removing the base of the statue, where some pedestrians were wondering what the hell Cox was doing. Cox proceeded to drive home, where he looked at the usual sights in the neighborhood. "Let's see. The hipsters. The religious woman that no one cares about. The dysfunctional family with their loud arguments. And there's my boring neighbor across the street, who I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's a serial killer." Cox thought, as he pulled into the driveway. "And the landmark of this street is the family with a sex-addict daughter in-law and a wife that might be having an affair on you."

Cox didn't understand what has been happening with Velma. Whenever he was near Velma, he felt like he somehow time-traveled into the 50's. Velma had started to look like she was in the 50's as well. Velma was starting to wear this polka dot skirt with a dress of the same color. Velma once asked Cox to help her buy a pearl necklace, where he tried to get her a ring as well, but she mostly preferred the necklace over the ring, which pissed off Cox slightly. Even her hair was off by a decade. Yet, she still looked young. Cox looked at the doorway and saw some mail on the coffee table in front of the TV. Cox saw a postcard of what looked like the Rock and Roll Museum in Ohio, which he tried to examine closer. "Cox? Is that you?" Cox said, holding a meat mallet from the kitchen. "Honey, I'm home as usual." Cox remarked. "You been away all afternoon, dear. Don't worry about the mail, my boss wants me to check track of their mail, while they are on vacation."
"Alright. Can I make a bit of a voicemail, quick? It's important for work."
"Yeah, go ahead." Velma said, where Cox walked to the phone and made a voice mail to Scotty Marlowe.

"Hey, Marlowe. I'm transferring my position as mayor onto you. You are to get your ass to City Hall about 3 PM sharp tomorrow. Get a speech, ready. Now, enjoy your night." Cox said as a voicemail, before he immediately ended it.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Congressman Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #55
S.N.P.J., Lawrence County

Pittsburgh was Anderson’s home and base of his support as such he felt comfortable using Lawrence County for a bit of a stunt, showing he cared for ALL Pennsylvanians no matter how small the vote. First however he conducted a radio interview with AM talk station WKST 1200 when he gave his pro-blue collar message of economic revival and education. After this interview he visited the S.N.P.J. borough in Lawrence County, which had a population of 19 people.

It was honestly more a recreational complex than anything, a summertime resort for social gatherings in the County. But people were registered to vote there and he held a miniature rally where he spoke with all 19 members of the borough individually, and conducted an interview with their newspaper Prosveta.

After shaking hands and answering questions from all that had them Anderson gave his stump speech from atop a picnic table.

"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“You feel like they live in the forgotten land, that no one understands what a blue-collar, working-class family has to go through in Pennsylvania today. You’re good, hard-working people, and ready for a change."

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“On day one as governor I will declare a statewide disaster and state of emergency regarding the opioid crisis, this will enable us to take immediate measures to enhance response, increase access to treatment and save lives. It will be the first of its kind for a public health emergency in the state.

“Step one will be to create an Opioid Command Center located at PEMA. The Command will meet weekly and be responsible for coordinating all elements of our response to the crisis. Next we will expand access to the prescription drug monitoring program to ensure prescribers are in compliance with opioid regulations.”

“We must make Overdoses and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome as reportable conditions, so that prescribers know if a patient has a history with abuse, keeping prescribers informed and making sure data is available is vital to curbing future addiction. We must also give the DDAP further emergency purchase authorization, allowing us to purchase more lifesavings drugs. Other aspects of this include amending regulations so that EMTs can dispense naloxone, waiving regulations that keep pharmacists from interacting with other organizations that deal with at risk individuals. Make rescheduling of fentanyl derivatives permanent as long as the crisis continues.”

“We have a shortage of doctors certified for the Narcotic Treatment Program, we need to allow nurses and physician assistants to expedite initial intakes which will greatly speed up the certification process and provide more qualified doctors to fight the crisis. For the duration of the crisis we will waive ALL licensing requirements and fees for high-performing drug and alcohol treatment facilities.”

“We also need to start exploring any and every option to combat this crisis, a plan that addresses the crisis from the top down, start to finish. This is just the first step in addressing this crisis, I just hope the current governor finally realizes the severity of the crisis. Even now I am speaking with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to secure funding exclusively to fight this crisis and the greater crisis with addiction as a whole. Moving forward we need to ask ourselves 3 major questions What treatment programs are proven to be effective?‘How can we fast track the most effective programs? How can we educate people about the dangers of opioids?’”

“The same moral commitment that calls us to act on the Opioid Crisis calls us to move to protect the most vulnerable among us, the lives of the unborn. In the words of Ronald Reagan ‘I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion… has already been born’. I’ve heard some claim you can’t determine where a life begins, that its a matter of debate, well here is where I stand… if we don’t know when the unborn becomes a human life then we MUST opt in favor that it is a human life until someone proves it isnt. And as a life they are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“As it stands our state levys one of the highest taxes on natural gas in the nation, and the democrats in harrisburg have tried to raise it higher every year. That hurt every one of those jobs pipelines like Mariner East has created, the permit delays, the fee increases on gas wells, raising a tax on gas sold to homes… the energy sector is one of our states most promising sectors, we shouldnt shackle it to the greed of bureaucrats in Harrisburg. As your governor I will fight every proposed tax increase, and do everything I can to relieve your regulatory and tax burden.”

“Not only that I am going to support research on how to make fossil fuels, natural gas, every form of energy, cleaner and more efficient, so you can do more business and bring home a bigger paycheck to your families. The future of energy is not more corporate welfare, its cutting the oppressive regulatory and tax burden so companies can pay more, hire more and expand to their full economic potential. We have a 21st century industry operating under a 1970s regulatory regime, changing this alone would make a huge difference in the industry.”

“Our current state government is too focused on doling out taxpayer cash and promulgating regulation than on fostering an environment for good-paying jobs and economic growth.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:04 am

Ramalan for PA Campaign Stop #2: Great Valley High School, Chester County

Ramalan kicked off his campaigning by holding a rally at a local high school in his home district. He gave a speech from the auditorium of the school, speaking to his home district, the ones who had elected him to congress. As usual, multiple local media outlets were present at the rally, such as 6 ABC, NBC 10, and FOX 29. A reporter from the Philadelphia Inquirer was present as well.

“Thank you. I am a proud Pennsylvanian. I was born here, to my parents who immigrated from India. I lived my entire life in the Keystone State, and I have dedicated everything to our state ever since the time you people elected me to represent you. It is an honor, the most honorable position to be representing my state in the House of Representatives, but now I have dreams for my state that will improve the lives of every Pennsylvanian out there.

My father was an immigrant from India. He was a skilled worker who came on an EB-1 visa. We need skilled workers in Pennsylvania, we need people who are ready to innovate from outside. What we do not need is unskilled foreign workers. They come in here and take our jobs, make local Pennsylvanians who do blue collar work to lose their jobs. We shall not tolerate this, nor should we keep it going. I promise to heavily restrict hiring standards on foreigners in Pennsylvania, make employment law tough so that only the absolute cream of the crop get to work here. We do not need unskilled workers stealing Pennsylvania made jobs. We do not need employers going to hire them over local Pennsylvanian workers just because they are cheaper. I will make sure employers think twice about giving up a Pennsylvanian’s job in favor of an unskilled foreigner, especially if they happen to be an illegal alien. I promise to make employment standards in our states go real tough on foreign born unskilled workers.

That brings me to my next point. Pennsylvania will not tolerate sanctuary cities. There are deadly consequences to not following the law, making our cities “safe havens” for illegal aliens will only make them more dangerous. We will lose more jobs to these people. As governor, I will make sure that none of our cities become “sanctuaries” at all, passing statewide laws preventing this.

Now I want to talk about a heartbreaking statistic. Last year, 2016, there were 30,881 abortions in our state. That is completely ridiculous, the fact that abortion clinics are even allowed to give an abortion to those whose life is not endangered by it, or is a case of rape or incest, is appalling in enough of itself. 18.4% of pregnancies in 2015 were ended with murder. Yes, I said murder, because it IS murder. There is no reason, in any “trimester”, to have an abortion unless it’s one of the aforementioned cases. As governor, I will fully make sure that such a horrifying statistic is never repeated in the state. There are many alternative ways, adoption is one of the best things you can do to your child if you’re not sure about having them. I will make sure adoption services are accessible to everyone, so they don’t have to resort to murder for it.

Pennsylvania is known for having some of the absolute best public schools in the country. I’m standing in one right now. Great Valley High School is consistently ranked in the top 20 schools in the state. We need to continue this streak, it is part of our reputation as a state. Adding on to that, our colleges are some of the best ones in the nation as well. We have world renowned institutions such as Penn State, Temple, Drexel, and of course, UPenn, where I graduated from.

Another statistic that we should all be proud of is that our state has the fifth lowest divorce rate in the country. We as Pennsylvanians must hold on to our traditional family values, and we are doing a good job of it. While the divorce rate across the country has skyrocketed, Pennsylvania has consistently remained at the bottom. We as a community must teach kids about family values and contribution to your family, and we can keep this streak going!

Taxation is another issue near and dear to Pennsylvanians. The common Pennsylvanian pays their taxes, and probably doesn’t realize what it’s beneficial for. That’s for a good reason, the only people who benefit from high taxes are the bureaucrats sitting in Harrisburg. I hate the term “anti-establishment”, but my opponents in this race are a representation of these bureaucrats. They are, in all senses, the establishment, and high taxation only makes their paychecks go up, while Pennsylvanians benefit from nothing.

The opioid crisis is an issue that affects the young people in our country the most. While our state isn’t the worst at this, we need to combat this crisis head on. As governor, I pledge to make it much harder for doctors to prescribe harmful painkillers and whatnot. I will do whatever is in my power to make sure this crisis ends.

Once again, thank you for having me. You, the people of Chester County elected me as your representative, and I have kept the promises i made during my initial campaign, consistently voting for bills that protect our traditional republican values, you the people know I keep my word. Thank you.”
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:21 am

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #55
Fayette, Juniata County

Glen was frustrated by this know nothing, do nothing rep from clarks county acting like he was hot shit and running for Governor. He wanted to attack, ‘whats your tax plan’, ‘whats your healthcare plan’, ‘how much of this’, ‘how little of that’? Literally every subject begged for more detail compared to the comprehensive, detailed and researched plans of the Anderson team. But Anderson had yet to be directly attacked and Glen wasn’t going to strike first and lose the moral high ground.

“I’m pro-life, pro-religious freedom, pro-tax cuts, pro-regulatory cuts, have backed the president in every initiative, been a good soldier on 90% of my votes, I am the most pro-small business rep in the house, i believe in states rights, support energy independence, i’m christian, strongly against illegal immigration, have school choice as one of the central planks of my platform, oppose the ACA and single payer, I support welfare reform and work requirements, how exactly am I not a true republican?”

It was a running monologue Anderson had kept going in his head and occasionally out loud to his staff in the past days. “Has he even wrote a bill? Has he even read a bill? Had any independent thought in his mind?”

Luckily Anderson managed to push all those feelings down by the time he reached Juniata County in Central PA. Refocusing once again on farms Anderson toured a half dozen livestock farms, which was the largest industry in the county. 41% of the county was agricultural, 2/3rds was forested, 34% underdeveloped, its one of the most sparsely populated counties in the state. As no one location in the county could be a major gathering point for the rally, Anderson visited a series of small hamlets and villages driving from the southwest to the northeast corner of the county. He would arrive in town, head to an area where people congregate and then would shake hands and talk to people “Hello i’m Congressman Glen Anderson and I’m running for Governor.” He listened asked asked thoughtful questions as much as he talked, especially when visiting the small businesses in the area. In each location he would spend an hour to an hour and a half.

The exception to this was Fayette Township, where his team organized a rally.

"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“You feel like they live in the forgotten land, that no one understands what a blue-collar, working-class family has to go through in Pennsylvania today. You’re good, hard-working people, and ready for a change."

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“On day one as governor I will declare a statewide disaster and state of emergency regarding the opioid crisis, this will enable us to take immediate measures to enhance response, increase access to treatment and save lives. It will be the first of its kind for a public health emergency in the state.

“Step one will be to create an Opioid Command Center located at PEMA. The Command will meet weekly and be responsible for coordinating all elements of our response to the crisis. Next we will expand access to the prescription drug monitoring program to ensure prescribers are in compliance with opioid regulations.”

“We must make Overdoses and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome as reportable conditions, so that prescribers know if a patient has a history with abuse, keeping prescribers informed and making sure data is available is vital to curbing future addiction. We must also give the DDAP further emergency purchase authorization, allowing us to purchase more lifesavings drugs. Other aspects of this include amending regulations so that EMTs can dispense naloxone, waiving regulations that keep pharmacists from interacting with other organizations that deal with at risk individuals. Make rescheduling of fentanyl derivatives permanent as long as the crisis continues.”

“We have a shortage of doctors certified for the Narcotic Treatment Program, we need to allow nurses and physician assistants to expedite initial intakes which will greatly speed up the certification process and provide more qualified doctors to fight the crisis. For the duration of the crisis we will waive ALL licensing requirements and fees for high-performing drug and alcohol treatment facilities.”

“We also need to start exploring any and every option to combat this crisis, a plan that addresses the crisis from the top down, start to finish. This is just the first step in addressing this crisis, I just hope the current governor finally realizes the severity of the crisis. Even now I am speaking with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to secure funding exclusively to fight this crisis and the greater crisis with addiction as a whole. Moving forward we need to ask ourselves 3 major questions What treatment programs are proven to be effective?‘How can we fast track the most effective programs? How can we educate people about the dangers of opioids?’”

“The same moral commitment that calls us to act on the Opioid Crisis calls us to move to protect the most vulnerable among us, the lives of the unborn. In the words of Ronald Reagan ‘I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion… has already been born’. I’ve heard some claim you can’t determine where a life begins, that its a matter of debate, well here is where I stand… if we don’t know when the unborn becomes a human life then we MUST opt in favor that it is a human life until someone proves it isnt. And as a life they are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“As it stands our state levys one of the highest taxes on natural gas in the nation, and the democrats in harrisburg have tried to raise it higher every year. That hurt every one of those jobs pipelines like Mariner East has created, the permit delays, the fee increases on gas wells, raising a tax on gas sold to homes… the energy sector is one of our states most promising sectors, we shouldnt shackle it to the greed of bureaucrats in Harrisburg. As your governor I will fight every proposed tax increase, and do everything I can to relieve your regulatory and tax burden.”

“Not only that I am going to support research on how to make fossil fuels, natural gas, every form of energy, cleaner and more efficient, so you can do more business and bring home a bigger paycheck to your families. The future of energy is not more corporate welfare, its cutting the oppressive regulatory and tax burden so companies can pay more, hire more and expand to their full economic potential. We have a 21st century industry operating under a 1970s regulatory regime, changing this alone would make a huge difference in the industry.”

“Our current state government is too focused on doling out taxpayer cash and promulgating regulation than on fostering an environment for good-paying jobs and economic growth.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 am

Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

The irony of Representative Anderson citing the National Transgender Discrimination Survey while trying to drag down a bill to help the American LGBTQ+ community should not be lost. I would caution voters in Pennsylvania when considering the Representative in his bid for Governor.

Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

He may seem polished and all, much more than the more radical members of his caucus like Senator Amaras. But the same backwards views over gender and sexuality cannot be so easily disguised. Those who attack LGBTQ+ people are bigots, plain and simple. And no bible verse or any amount of rhetoric can change that.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:10 am

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Representative Ramalan just announced his campaign for Governor of Pennsylvania...and he comes right of the gate stating "I promise to heavily restrict hiring standards on foreigners in Pennsylvania.." And then he goes on to berate sanctuary cities and immigrants. The xenophobia from Ramalan must be rejected.

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Our country cannot be led by those who see something different and fear it, who instead of offering an opportunity to newcomers seek to put them down and against unskilled foreigners, even those that are here legally! Ramalan is targetting not just undocumented immigrants but all 'unskilled' immigrants. This should worry everyone greatly!

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

The GOP has taken sharp turns to the alternative right, but this is a new direction for the party of individual freedom. This is a direction that seems to advocate discrimination and xenophobia without apologizing. We always knew members of the Republican party believed this but they are now finally bold enough to say it aloud. And we will be even bolder to reject them at the polls!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
(Image)
Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

The irony of Representative Anderson citing the National Transgender Discrimination Survey while trying to drag down a bill to help the American LGBTQ+ community should not be lost. I would caution voters in Pennsylvania when considering the Representative in his bid for Governor.

(Image)

(Image)
Eleanor McCroskey
@ANewFlame

He may seem polished and all, much more than the more radical members of his caucus like Senator Amaras. But the same backwards views over gender and sexuality cannot be so easily disguised. Those who attack LGBTQ+ people are bigots, plain and simple. And no bible verse or any amount of rhetoric can change that.

(Image)

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyomingGreat
"How about looking at your own anti-religion bigotry? So many lies spread by the radical left?"
"To @BeamMeUpScotty: Illegal immigration is a crime and must be dealt with accordingly. We are not racists outside of Williams, but you just cry racism to cover your own freedom restricting policies. We are the party of Lincoln still."
Last edited by The Orion Islands on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 am

Areen Ramalan
@Ram4PA2018
@BeamMeUpScotty Seriously? This is the best you could come up with? Calling a first generation immigrant a “xenophobe” just goes to further show how the far left cares more about their racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc. labels than what their own platform is about… absolutely nothing
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:49 am

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

You said it Representative: " I will make sure employers think twice about giving up a Pennsylvanian’s job in favor of an unskilled foreigner, especially if they happen to be an illegal alien." I could hardly believe it either, given your background. But here we are.

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Freedom restricting policies? It is the Republican party seeking to rollback rights of the LGBTQ+ community and women. You are not like the party of Lincoln at all, he never questioned the 'cost' of his policies nor the 'traditions' of his community. He saw the need for this country to progress, something you fail to realize.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 am

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

You said it Representative: " I will make sure employers think twice about giving up a Pennsylvanian’s job in favor of an unskilled foreigner, especially if they happen to be an illegal alien." I could hardly believe it either, given your background. But here we are.

(Image)

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Freedom restricting policies? It is the Republican party seeking to rollback rights of the LGBTQ+ community and women. You are not like the party of Lincoln at all, he never questioned the 'cost' of his policies nor the 'traditions' of his community. He saw the need for this country to progress, something you fail to realize.

(Image)

Anita Flores
@TruthRevolution

But at least we can still get our comfort from knowing that the 1860s Democrats that wanted to keep guns out of the hands of the coloreds have their successors thinking the exact same way today
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 am

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

(Image)

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

(Image)

“No freedom for Jews or Christians, for businesses, the unborn, it goes on and on. And holding to American tradition is wonderful.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:25 am

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Well, I'm not a Democrat from the 1860's. Times change and Progress is not only necessary, but it is also wonderful. So Senator Wilson, while I am sure that the American tradition you speak of is great, giving rights to underrepresented groups across this country is just as great.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Well, I'm not a Democrat from the 1860's. Times change and Progress is not only necessary, but it is also wonderful. So Senator Wilson, while I am sure that the American tradition you speak of is great, giving rights to underrepresented groups across this country is just as great.

(Image)

Anita Flores
@TruthRevolution

Because as every good statist knows, you don't actually have any rights yourself, just whatever your benevolent ruler deigns to give you.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:08 pm

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

(Image)

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyominGreat
"His inability to deny what I have said shows that he is concerned with taking away freedom and making America into a European socialist country."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

(Image)

Wilson Twitter @KeepWyominGreat
"His inability to deny what I have said shows that he is concerned with taking away freedom and making America into a European socialist country."

Liked and Retweeted by Areen Ramalan
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm

To: Representative Areen Ramalan

RE: An opportunity

Representative,

It has came to may attention that you have entered the national political spotlight due to your announcement of your gubernatorial campaign. As from what I have witnessed so far, you seem to be campaigning primarily for the benefit of blue collar Americans, as seen in your support for lower immigration and favouring American workers over the importation off immigrant workers. Therefore, I have a bill which although it may at first appear to be unrelated to blue collar Americans, would most likely gain you positive support from such voters. Consequently, I would like to request a meeting with you in your office at a time and date suitable for you in order to show you the bill and its details so you can make a informed decision on it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Senator Alois Kramer
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
To: Senator Troy Wilson

Senator,

It has came to my attention recently that there is rather a large amount of tension between you and I for reasons that are fairly obvious to us both. I would like to take every step I can in order to prevent the two of us from disliking one another on a personal level and would therefore I would lime to invite you to my home for dinner so you and I can ensure that any tension we do have is kept at a minimal. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Respectfully,

Senator Alois Kramer

To: Senator Alois Kramer
Agreed. When and where?
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Shall we say my residence in Annandale, Virginia at 17:30 on Friday?
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Shall we say my residence in Annandale, Virginia at 17:30 on Friday?

To: Senator Alios Kramer
Accepted.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Senator Wilson, I would hope you would stop misleading the public. I have never sought to take away freedoms from Jewish Americans nor Christians, though I have sought for religious freedom and equality among our diverse country. A freedom extended to Christians, Jews, and Muslims, along with others who practice a moral faith.

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

As for businesses, simply because I believe in the American working class instead of big coal like you do doesn't make me evil. I support giving tax cuts to the middle class and protecting unions. You would rather see tax cuts for the rich including yourself and dismantling organized labor.

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

And your defense for the unborn, while outwardly noble, is quite hypocritical. You care about human life at its conception but you strip funding for welfare and social programs to help these same children when they are born. You care more about a fetus but you are fine with our broken and grossly underfunded adoption and foster care system, instead giving subsidies to fossil fuel.

Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Next time, instead of holding a piece of coal in Congress to protect the CEOs funding your reelection, hold up $1000 because that's how much 58% of America's working class has in savings, with the vast majority having less. Hold up something that shows you are for the working class instead of offering incoherent debates in Congress for a silly train.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:33 pm

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Senator Wilson, I would hope you would stop misleading the public. I have never sought to take away freedoms from Jewish Americans nor Christians, though I have sought for religious freedom and equality among our diverse country. A freedom extended to Christians, Jews, and Muslims, along with others who practice a moral faith.

(Image)

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

As for businesses, simply because I believe in the American working class instead of big coal like you do doesn't make me evil. I support giving tax cuts to the middle class and protecting unions. You would rather see tax cuts for the rich including yourself and dismantling organized labor.

(Image)

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

And your defense for the unborn, while outwardly noble, is quite hypocritical. You care about human life at its conception but you strip funding for welfare and social programs to help these same children when they are born. You care more about a fetus but you are fine with our broken and grossly underfunded adoption and foster care system, instead giving subsidies to fossil fuel.

(Image)

(Image)
Scotty Marlowe
@BeamMeUpScotty

Next time, instead of holding a piece of coal in Congress to protect the CEOs funding your reelection, hold up $1000 because that's how much 58% of America's working class has in savings, with the vast majority having less. Hold up something that shows you are for the working class instead of offering incoherent debates in Congress for a silly train.

(Image)

“COAL IS WYOMING’S ECONOMY! 70% of my reelection is funded by the people of Wyoming. I also believe that you have shoved immorality down our throats. I do not oppose reasonable welfare, but I oppose generational welfare that the Democratic Party has put millions in.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:40 pm

To: Representative Areen Ramalan

Representative,

It has came to may attention that you have entered the national political spotlight due to your announcement of your gubernatorial campaign. As from what I have witnessed so far, you seem to be campaigning primarily for the benefit of blue collar Americans, as seen in your support for lower immigration and favouring American workers over the importation off immigrant workers. Therefore, I have a bill which although it may at first appear to be unrelated to blue collar Americans, would most likely gain you positive support from such voters. Consequently, I would like to request a meeting with you in your office at a time and date suitable for you in order to show you the bill and its details so you can make a informed decision on it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Senator Alois Kramer

To: Senator Alois Kramer

I will take the opportunity to look over the bill. I do intend to vote for bills that directly or indirectly benefit American blue collar workers. I’m free all week, we can set up a meeting at my West Chester office anytime this week.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Peter Amaras
@ConservativeRevolutionary

Scotty Marlowe lets the mask slip, and admits that life in the womb is human life from the moment of conception! Radical Democrats have tried to wipe away this undeniable biological fact because it's inconvenient to their agenda, but Scotty shows that's it's all a sham.
#BasicBiology #DemocraticLies #DenyingTheObvious #LetsTheMaskSlip #AdmittingTheirHumanity #WeAllSawIt

Peter Amaras
@ConservativeRevolutionary

When you admit in public that it's an innocent human life that you're ending, you can't get out of the fact that you've admitted that the act is murder and you still support it!
#AbortionEndsAHumanLife AbortionKillsAHumanChild #CantEscapeTheTruth #FaceTheFacts
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse