NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@GovMS
I done have strong suspicion that the "Progressives" done cheated to deny a seat to Republicans. I have experience in coordinating elections, a background in mathematical science from ma time in West Point, and I done believe that the voting patterns done indicate that the Progressives cheated to win the Senatorial election.

Zachary Fowler
@SenatorFowler

@GovMS Thats a serious accusation, can you please give your reasoning in more depth? And if this was all math and voting patterns and not based on hard evidence then why did you not bring up this allegation previously?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Dentali wrote:
(Image)
Fredrick Williams
@GovMS
I done have strong suspicion that the "Progressives" done cheated to deny a seat to Republicans. I have experience in coordinating elections, a background in mathematical science from ma time in West Point, and I done believe that the voting patterns done indicate that the Progressives cheated to win the Senatorial election.

Zachary Fowler
@SenatorFowler

@GovMS Thats a serious accusation, can you please give your reasoning in more depth? And if this was all math and voting patterns and not based on hard evidence then why did you not bring up this allegation previously?

Fredrick Williams
@GovMS
I had my suspicions, but I done faith that the voting machines were not compromised and just be an abnormality. With this news today done coming out I can now come forth with ma accusation.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Antonio De Nieto
@SFRep

The news from my home state is very troubling, the potential of a large scale intrusion on our democracy is something that needs to be taken exceptionally seriously. Me and my office will do our utmost to help in an investigation in the matter.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Dentali wrote:

Zachary Fowler
@SenatorFowler

Fredrick Williams
@GovMS
I had my suspicions, but I done faith that the voting machines were not compromised and just be an abnormality. With this news today done coming out I can now come forth with ma accusation.

Zachary Fowler
@SenatorFowler

@GovMS What evidence is your suspicion based on? Can you please be more specific, the best way to prevent this from happening again is by exposing the practice in full and then, with full knowledge of the challenge, writing policy that prevents it from happening again.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 pm

ImageImage
William Mullins
@MullOverThisTweet

The news out of California shows just how easily the system can be rigged for those in power. I join the many voices calling for Ramirez to open an independent investigation into the results of the election.

ImageImage
William Mullins
@MullOverThisTweet

The fact that such an important Senate race could have been impacted by this disgraceful incident is deeply alarming. We need to do way more to ensure our election security is absolutely top notch to prevent further incidents like this.
Die nasty!!111

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 am

Gene Eric's Office, Harte Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

"The short verdict, or should I make it long?" Eric asked.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 am

Prolieum wrote:

"The short verdict, or should I make it long?" Eric asked.

"I'd appreciate the long version, I can take the feedback and incorporate it into the campaign."

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:18 am

"Representative Emberton, it's good to see you made the trip." Stephens greeted once the Rep had shown up. "Welcome to Arsenal Hill, one of the finest spots in the finest state in this union. Come on along inside and have a drink with me."
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:(Image)

"Representative Emberton, it's good to see you made the trip." Stephens greeted once the Rep had shown up. "Welcome to Arsenal Hill, one of the finest spots in the finest state in this union. Come on along inside and have a drink with me."

"Thank you for having me governor, and please call me Michael" Emberton entered the Stevens residence "I was hoping to squeeze in this meeting before Congress started back up."

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 am

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:(Image)

"Thank you for having me governor, and please call me Michael" Emberton entered the Stevens residence "I was hoping to squeeze in this meeting before Congress started back up."

"It was a piece of legislation that you had in mind, wasn't it?" Stevens asked while they went in. He gestured with his cane "take a seat wherever you like. Monica? Could you be a dear and fetch some bourbon for this gentleman and myself?"

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:11 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"It was a piece of legislation that you had in mind, wasn't it?" Stevens asked while they went in. He gestured with his cane "take a seat wherever you like. Monica? Could you be a dear and fetch some bourbon for this gentleman and myself?"

"Yes I want to take the money from the Carbon Tax and invest it in Appalachia, coal county that will be hardest hit by the tax. We can use it to rebuild those regions and give them much needed economic relief. As you know a number of counties in your state are in Appalachia and would get funding from the bill, so I was hoping that you could use your support and influence to help pass the bill." Emberton looked to Monica, "Neat, please."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:19 pm

"Before I do, one final question," Eric requested. The second delay in giving the final answer had uncertain motivations, perhaps not wishing to give an answer, perhaps seeking to keep the Representative off-balance, perhaps simply buying time without a conclusion yet in mind.

"Why was it that you didn't endorse the President this last cycle?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Before I do, one final question," Eric requested. The second delay in giving the final answer had uncertain motivations, perhaps not wishing to give an answer, perhaps seeking to keep the Representative off-balance, perhaps simply buying time without a conclusion yet in mind.

"Why was it that you didn't endorse the President this last cycle?"

"Before I give you an answer, I will say I voted for him and I indicated I was going to but I didn't give an official endorsement." Anderson sighed "He had no experience, I personally believe the best Presidents were former governors with executive experience, someone who got a 3am phone call about some disaster befalling the state who takes charge in crisis."

Anderson shifted a bit "President Reed is doing great but he has no record on which I could base a vote, I believe he has the moral character to lead, his rhetoric is spot on... I just couldn't bring myself to officially endorse him without seeing how he faired in that kind of role. Nothing can prepared you for the Presidency, so i've been told, but some people are more prepared than others... I couldn't say candidate Reed was prepared."

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Dentali wrote:

"Yes I want to take the money from the Carbon Tax and invest it in Appalachia, coal county that will be hardest hit by the tax. We can use it to rebuild those regions and give them much needed economic relief. As you know a number of counties in your state are in Appalachia and would get funding from the bill, so I was hoping that you could use your support and influence to help pass the bill." Emberton looked to Monica, "Neat, please."

Thaddeus sat down only after Emberton had. "You wouldn't happen to have brought a copy of the bill with you, would you have?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Dentali wrote:

Thaddeus sat down only after Emberton had. "You wouldn't happen to have brought a copy of the bill with you, would you have?"

Emberton hands over a folder "Not done yet, its done in concept but we are working on the monetary amounts."

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Dentali wrote:

Emberton hands over a folder "Not done yet, its done in concept but we are working on the monetary amounts."

Stevens started reading while Monica got the drinks, but stopped early on. "You've got an interesting choice for a Senate sponsor there"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Dentali wrote:

Stevens started reading while Monica got the drinks, but stopped early on. "You've got an interesting choice for a Senate sponsor there"

"He's part of the states of Appalachia, I plan on getting more Senators onboard he was just the first to volunteer. Noah Ashe expressed interested and should be reading it as we speak."

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Ramalan nodded and thanked the secretary, as he made his way up to Williams’ office.

“Good day, governor.” He greeted Williams

Williams gestured for him to take a seat, and slid to Ramalan a bowl of vegetarian Vietnamese pho.

"Please it be no good to discuss policy without a full stomach."

“Thank you governor” Ramalan replied as he started eating.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Senator Diane Lane
@SenDianeLane

”The recent occurrences with voting machines uncovered in California are extremely distressing and worrisome from a national security standpoint. Action must be taken to prevent such events from happening again.” - DL
RETWEETSFAVORITE

Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 am

Dentali wrote:

"He's part of the states of Appalachia, I plan on getting more Senators onboard he was just the first to volunteer. Noah Ashe expressed interested and should be reading it as we speak."

"I'd say that that particular Senator might be a unique case," Stevens suggested. "But, I've been out of that chamber for a while now, so I won't tell you how to manage your sponsors. He's not a writer on this, is he?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am

Dentali wrote:

"I'd say that that particular Senator might be a unique case," Stevens suggested. "But, I've been out of that chamber for a while now, so I won't tell you how to manage your sponsors. He's not a writer on this, is he?"

"No i've been the sole write so far, I have no problem kicking him off once we get another senate so-sponsor."

Normudria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Normudria » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Joel Tokomara
@TokoThoughts

The worst part about #LivingInDC is that there's no good place to get lutefisk around. It's a lye-curdled taste of home.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Normudria wrote:
(Image)
Joel Tokomara
@TokoThoughts

The worst part about #LivingInDC is that there's no good place to get lutefisk around. It's a lye-curdled taste of home.

Martin Taylor
@MartinTaylorWA

You can't get a good anything in DC for less than $500. I once tried a store-bought turkey (After all, why limit turkey to thanksgiving?), it was dry, sticky and half-air. The funny thing is that it was the 'luxury' turkey, so I shudder to think what the budget turkey tastes like.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Normudria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Normudria » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:41 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Normudria wrote:
(Image)
Joel Tokomara
@TokoThoughts

Martin Taylor
@MartinTaylorWA

You can't get a good anything in DC for less than $500. I once tried a store-bought turkey (After all, why limit turkey to thanksgiving?), it was dry, sticky and half-air. The funny thing is that it was the 'luxury' turkey, so I shudder to think what the budget turkey tastes like.

Joel Tokomara
@TokoThoughts

@MartinTaylorWA "Flyover" turkey is a rare luxury not experienced in the Beltway, sadly. Though, I bet the budget turkey may actually have been better.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Normudria wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Martin Taylor
@MartinTaylorWA

Joel Tokomara
@TokoThoughts

@MartinTaylorWA "Flyover" turkey is a rare luxury not experienced in the Beltway, sadly. Though, I bet the budget turkey may actually have been better.

Martin Taylor
@MartinTaylorWA

Well, I hope it was. Even at that price, it would've still been a massive rip-off.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse