NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Kristen looked around her for a moment after she had knocked before she cautiously tried the door after hearing the bellow.

The door, having been left unlocked and shaken by the mighty roar, swung open.

Anyone who entered would have been greeted by a masked Stanbridge, dressed like a Puritan and with the head of a Boston Terrier.

He jumped up from behind the table and bellowed again. “Hark, ‘tis the Knight of North Andover, in the service of the Good King of Nestor’s line! Who goes but a traveler! You are worthy, are you not?

He gave a thumbs-up, as if to beckon the guest inside.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Bruke wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Kristen looked around her for a moment after she had knocked before she cautiously tried the door after hearing the bellow.

The door, having been left unlocked and shaken by the mighty roar, swung open.

Anyone who entered would have been greeted by a masked Stanbridge, dressed like a Puritan and with the head of a Boston Terrier.

He jumped up from behind the table and bellowed again. “Hark, ‘tis the Knight of North Andover, in the service of the Good King of Nestor’s line! Who goes but a traveler! You are worthy, are you not?

He gave a thumbs-up, as if to beckon the guest inside.

"Wh..whaa?" Stevenson stepped back and not too stealthfully stuck her hand in her purse to make sure she still had her pepper spray in there.

"I'm, uh, sorry, I'm looking for...." she trailed off considering the possibility that the person in the mask was exactly who she was looking for.

"Mr. Mallory?" she asked.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:37 pm

"Wh..whaa?" Stevenson stepped back and not too stealthfully stuck her hand in her purse to make sure she still had her pepper spray in there.

"I'm, uh, sorry, I'm looking for...." she trailed off considering the possibility that the person in the mask was exactly who she was looking for.

The masked man took off his mask to reveal himself.

His look was timeless, as if he had never aged a year. Or perhaps that was the anti-aging cream he lavished upon himself every morning. “Stanbridge Reginald Mallory- the 4th!- at your service. I have heard many things about you, Madame Stevenson- some of them good, others marvelous! Come hither, and we shall speak of that most wretched game of politics. Would you care for some rutabaga tea?” He gestured to the sitting room to his left.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
"I thought it would be a nice thing to do as part of talking about immigration reform, let some more people know about it and have some fun with ancestry while making the point about how important immigration has been to this country and how important it is that we get a system that works"

"You didn't make that case when you took it, it didn't register on peoples radar. People need to take you seriously, you don't have too much in the way of actual policy accomplishments under your belt or practical experience. I would recommend you show off how knowledgable you are about subjects, and emphasize your story. You're an olympian, you were part of a team, that takes intense hard work and dedication, tell that story. Talk about the pride in your nation from that and your reliance on teammates, and how you take those values into the senate."

"I don't control the media cycle" Stevenson pointed out remaining respectful and raising the point instead of challenging. "I did what I could to promote my reform and the test with that, but I don't have a connection to everyone to make it come up on their radar. It was enough for you to notice and for Stansky in New Jersey to notice, so I think it had some effect."

"I have been talking more about issues than my personal story so far, but I think I understand what you're saying. I can start to reference my past more often, but I am focused on the future."

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Bruke wrote:

The masked man took off his mask to reveal himself.

His look was timeless, as if he had never aged a year. Or perhaps that was the anti-aging cream he lavished upon himself every morning. “Stanbridge Reginald Mallory- the 4th!- at your service. I have heard many things about you, Madame Stevenson- some of them good, others marvelous! Come hither, and we shall speak of that most wretched game of politics. Would you care for some rutabaga tea?” He gestured to the sitting room to his left.

Stevenson laughed artificially though it sounded very real, she had done a laugh like that hundreds of times in her decade long career as eye candy, though never in a situation that was quite like this before.

"Tea would be wonderful Mr. Mallory, thank you." Stevenson nodded politely and entered the room.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:18 pm

Stevenson laughed artificially though it sounded very real, she had done a laugh like that hundreds of times in her decade long career as eye candy, though never in a situation that was quite like this before.

"Tea would be wonderful Mr. Mallory, thank you." Stevenson nodded politely and entered the room.

As Madame Stevenson entered the sitting room, she would undoubtedly be confronted by the many paintings which depicted Arthurian legend- they covered every square inch of the room, except for the windows (and ceiling). (And floor). All of them had piercing eyes, which pierced the soul! They all looked- watching, waiting....

King Arthur stood out among the rest...

Stanbridge set out a tea cup of a strange colored liquid that did not look like your typical cuppa. “I am terribly sorry if I frightened you earlier- you caught me in the act, you see- but enough of that ballyhooe. As a man of history, I know that history waits for no one.... so, tell me yours. What made you want to transcend the typical body politic to become part of that great lumbering ogre of political bodies, the Senate of these United States?”
Last edited by Bruke on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Rep. Loma Aquene's Congressional Office
Rep. Melvin Freeman

Freeman listened attentively, setting his pen down onto the notepad, occasionally nodding as she spoke to denote his interest and comprehension of the commentary throughout.

"Nuclear energy isn't something I am necessarily opposed against, but it does come with a plethora of risks. Potentially unnecessary risks. It's almost something I'd rather have written as an entirely separate bill. But, I wouldn't be opposed to amending it onto the bill, especially since I'm expecting fierce Republican opposition from the start, calling us radicals for even daring to try this. I think, if it comes down to a question of the fate of the bill itself, we certainly can, and should, introduce a motion to amend the bill to include nuclear power. But, I'm sure we both agree that nuclear's a whole can of worms on its' own. I don't want fears of another three mile island incident clouding the fate of this bill. But at the same time, I know it may not be passable without nuclear's inclusion. I want to test the waters without it first, and then we can go from there."

Freeman then quickly glanced down to his notepad, inscribing a quick notation as it relates to the suggestion of the additional clause for security. "You do make a valid point. I will make sure a clause dictating energy security will be included near the top. Sure, the name suggests its' intent, but specific wording within the bill to illustrate and reinforce the intent behind it? Wouldn't hurt as an addition as appeal to moderate conservatives."

Then, clicking his pen and setting it back down, looking toward Aquene, Freeman nodded his head and continued, grinning as he speaks. "I'm glad you bring that up. We could include language to restrict carbon dioxide usage, and I would not be opposed to the measure or the concept thereof. But, at a certain point, we may be piling on too much for the moderates in Congress to accept the bill as it is written. Should this pass, as it is, it already provides the opportunity for a separate bill to lay the roadmap in order to achieve that carbon emission goal within. That's, of course, just one option, another being to include the bit of carbon emission restriction into the bill. Either which courses, I am certainly open to taking."

Freeman, darting a quick look back down to his notepad, wrote down notations for the grant suggestion, nodding his head as he wrote. "FEMA Grants... for affected... disaster zones..." He mumbled to himself, smirking as he returned his focus to Aquene. "We should give the administration a fair window of time in order to fill in all the needed positions for the newly-established agency. If we're submitting the bill within the month, and we find it passing both chambers, and presumably signed by the President, sometime after? Big ifs of course, no matter what the timetable is, but reasonable expectations of the agency being fully active no earlier than late-2018 would probably be the best ballpark-estimates. Then, completely and fully-funded for the 2019 fiscal year. Safer bets would suggest the start of agency operation sometime in 2019, and fully functional and funded by January 1st, 2020."

"Now, goals? We're in a recession right now, of course. This is like one of those stimulus bills, but one that has mutually beneficial effects for the economy and the environment. Not to mention, the added emphasis of national security. I think, to your point earlier, we may be better off posing it as three-prong bill that has special emphasis and obvious benefits for each of the three. But, aside from the net-zero carbon emissions, of which I believe the goal of a timeline should be included on whatever verbiage is written, whether included on this bill or is written as an independent bill, it's all intended to be somewhat ambiguous and open for now, on the bill. Once finalized, we can capture more of the specifics of dollar amounts and dates and such. But know this: you are the very first person, aside from some of my staff, to have even seen this, thus it will certainly be edited."

Freeman glanced down at his notepad for a lingering second, speaking openly toward Aquene as he does. "Anything else you'd like to ask about this particular bill, or... shall we move on to the next topics?"
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:02 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

The Healthcare Conference

State Capital Building
Albany
New York

She tucked away her whip.

"Sounds good, could help control runaway costs."

"Alright Senator?"

"That is something I can agree to"

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:26 am

Drumthwacket, Princeton, New Jersey

Hotchkiss silently sat by through Anderson's hyping of the concept, before shifting in her seat to lean over the table and better view the map, one not dissimilar from other that she had seen before.

"You have a very high bar for what's enough to be doing much," she observed as a first comment. Without waiting for a reply, she stepped into the details.

"Arlington is already running," she rasped. "It has lines working east and southwest. Port Morris is where we need to rebuild the track if we want to make a connection. We've already partially done that

"Costs on our side should be near half of a billion," she continued. "That's single track, not double track. Doubling means making this much more expensive for clearing and fitting out, and there are already concerns about feasibility for the project."

She looked over to her guest. "If we get to the bridge and don't cross it, we've wasted the walk up to the bridge. Unless you have pressing business that needs you to close up and go from here, we need to talk about the weeds before we start praising something that might be choked out."

Hotchkiss began to count off on her fingers. "We need to talk contracting and where that goes at the state line. Prevailing wage we'll have to pay, and if that changes over your border. Land details and tracking, engine use and type. Sorting through eminent domain claims and problems, what exactly you mean by leasing and privatization. We have a state rail company, that's an institution that I don't have complete control over, so that means more discussions about who collects where, and how. If this won't get off the ground, we shouldn't try to lift it."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:19 am

Stevenson was tired of checking her Blackberry every time she got out of a session and seeing that Samara was somewhere else in the state. Enough was finally enough and she wasn't going to stay quiet. That weekend she was going to Brockton, digging into Samara's own Congressional district with a specific purpose and ready to let loose before the biggest crowd she could get, serving up free pizza as a cliche but not ineffective way to bring more in along with the strategies she had tested out in Provincetown.

"Happy Saturday everyone! I appreciate you taking some time on the weekend to spend with me. I hope this can be a fun event for you and I don't bore you too much. These couple of days off after the five day work week are really a godsend, and I'm glad Henry Ford made Saturdays a thing and God made Sundays! But while we love the weekends, working is important. In a way when you think about it, we're all working together in some ways. All of us are doing something to keep the economy going that helps everyone else out. The farmer going to work over in a place like Iowa helps us get food here and a fisherman here can send that in the same way to Iowa or to Florida or just across the state. Everything from farmers and fishers to businessmen, and businesswomen! and cable providers to people who do public service like teachers and firefighters. Working can be a drag but its a community effort in both our local communities and our national community, and we can feel a little better when work gets long and hard knowing that we're helping out someone else too.

But when you get a job you have to do it and I think we all understand that. Of course we don't stay at the same job our whole life. We get new careers and new opportunities, but until we start working somewhere else we finish the job that we have and that we were trusted to do. Imagine if a firefighter today was planning on starting a business career in November and instead of still working at his job he started leaving to do his own thing and spent all his time away from the firehouse but still kept taking his paychecks? Imagine he left his job to go hang out and drink at cookouts while his colleagues did what they were chosen to do? It would be ridiculous, everyone would see it as ridiculous, and it would get him fired. The public trusted him with that position and he's abandoning it for personal advancement and just slacking off, and leaving that job undone while still collecting for himself.

That's Jason Samara. It's time to call this out. He's the Congressman that you elected right here but he's completely done with that gig, he doesn't care about it anymore. Now he's decided that he wants a promotion and he wants that Senate seat so he's given up on being your Representative. I barely ever see him in Congress anymore. Since he announced he's been screwing you guys over royally waltzing out of his responsibilities to puff himself up campaigning. You haven't gotten the voice you deserve and that you're entitled to by your vote, because it's too busy giving speeches on the other side of the state about how great he is or the ones where he wants to evict a hundred thousand Jews from their homes because they're Israeli which has Stansky blushing with pride.

He's already walked out on all of you, and just you wait for him to walk out on the state if he wins, because that's how it'll happen. If he wins to be Senator of Massachusetts I will tell you exactly what will happen. For a year or two he'll be the state's Senator, and we won't get any immigration reform and we won't get any tax reform or relief for struggling families and we will get some very harshly anti Israel foreign policy but he'll be the Senator for a year or two. And then he's going to decide that he wants to run for President and he won't care about us at all anymore. He basically has given up on his job as a Representative and all his responsibilities because he wants to be a Senator now and then he's going to give up on his responsibilities as a Senator because he wants to be President. You all can see that's what he's planning to do. I 100% guarantee that if Jason Samara is elected Senator he is going to leave us to go campaign in Ohio or Florida or North Carolina to become President and leave our state behind. 100% guarantee, and you can quote me on that. We already have the proof that he'll leave his responsibilities for his own gain right now.

I'm going to do this race right for the people in my Congressional district over in Cape Cod and for everyone in this state. Here's what my schedule is going to be. First off, Sundays, I'm going to go to church, and then Monday through Friday, on those days I'm going to be doing the work that he's not, the work the people in my district elected me to do in Congress, the work that they've trusted me with. I'm going to repay that trust fighting for the American Family Savings Act and more legislation that we need every single one of those days, because that's the responsibility that I was given when I was elected. On the weekends when Congress is out of session is when I'll be coming back to this state to make my case for why I hope you'll give me my vote to become your Senator, and I'll be making that case during the week, not by deserting but by doing the job that I was elected to and that I for one will uphold the duty to perform.

There's this old fable that my father told me once. I don't know where it came from, I think it's from Alaska, or Canada, but even if the setting is different the message is still the same. There was a man who was sledding with his dog team in the wild north during the winter making a run, but the weather was getting worse and worse, and soon a massive blizzard made him have to stop by a nearby cave and set up in there. He built a fire to stay warm and wait out the storm with his sled and his dogs. While they're waiting there some wild dogs come in towards the warm fire and the man decides he wants the chance to add them to his team and get a bigger sled. So he lets them stay and when its dinnertime he gives them the very best of the meat that he has with him to convince them to stay and he gives his own team only scraps. The storm blows for days and every night he does the same thing until it finally blows over and the skies are clear again and he can ride. But as he goes to hitch up his sled he sees all the wild dogs are running away. And he yells at them and curses them, and says "Ungrateful beasts! I gave you all the best. Why won't you stay?" And one of the dogs turns around and says "You let your own starve while you tried to bring us in with your finest meats. As soon as another pack came along you would treat us just the same as you treated them."

If you think you deserve a bigger job and a bigger responsibility then you have to prove it by doing the job you already have right. If someone will desert their responsibilities as a Representative for you then they're going to do the same thing as a Senator once they want to go higher. Let me be very clear that this matters. This is a fundamental issue of this campaign and this decision. Will you choose a Senator who will honor the trust you put in them and faithfully execute the office, or one who will throw it all away once they get their chance for personal gain? Even if it hurts my election chances, I won't do wrong by the people who elected me to the House by abandoning those responsibilities, I refuse to. I'm going to do my job, and if you elect me your Senator I promise to you that I will serve out my entire term, faithfully, no running for President, no running for Governor, I'm doing my job now and I'll do that job with the same respect to all of you who trust me with your vote. Choose someone who will honor that choice by doing the job you choose them for. Thank you."

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 am

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
This is a fundamental question of this election. Does a man who deserts his duty and lies about it deserve even higher office? Should voters choose someone who has abandoned his responsibilities for personal gain?

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
I believe in doing the job you have the right way before you decide you should get a promotion. Millions of Americans don't have the luxury to just skip out on their day job, and a Congressman who disrespects his work and theirs while lying about his activities isn't one who should be given a higher position.

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
I'm not taking any days off. I'll continue to fight for the American Family Savings Act and other legislation that Massachusetts needs every working day, because whether or not the people of Massachusetts honor me with their trust to represent them in the Senate, I still have a job to do and I won't abandon it.

Kristen Stevenson
@BayStateGirl
I owe too much to the people of my district who put their faith and trust in me to be a difference maker for them to do anything but give them my all.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 am

Fredrick Williams
@MSGov
Slavery in antebellum Mississippi was an evil, but the cruel working conditions of the industrial North were even worse. Slaves at least if they were maimed or disabled had to be cared for, while in the North kids who lost their limbs in industrial accidents were reduced to destitute begging. Us Southerners already apologized for the evil known as slavery, it be time for Northerners to apologize as well!

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 am

Toledo, Ohio
SeaGate Convention Centre
Saturday
13 May

Ella finishes the last in line and starts to close up packing away the books that are left and taking down the table with the people helping her. It has been a good day.
Last edited by Tumblrena on Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:51 am

Sam McGareth
@Five-Oh

Had respect for Samara but derelicting duty is bad news! Slacking Samara? Much less respect. Must do the work!

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:53 am

Ella Enchanted
@EllaEnchanted

I'm sure that Representative Samara had a good reason for missing work. I don't think we should jump to conclusions and say he's not following his responsibilities just like that.

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:59 am

Buck Havich
@VPOTUS

I am troubled by the recent decisions of Representative Samara. No one expects perfect attendance but the scale of his absences should be a serious concern. I would hesitate to give support to any politician Republican, Democrat or Progressive who doesn't honor the import duties of being in Congress.
Last edited by Tumblrena on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Sam McGareth
@Five-Oh

Weaseling Williams talking about apologizing for slavery. When and where for Williams apology? Haven't seen it. Fake news! Can apologize by getting rid of Confederate flags and monuments. Money where the mouth is! Very weasely. Not trustworthy, needs to prove it!

Tumblrena
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:07 pm

Albany, New York
New York State Executive Mansion
Monday
22 May

McGareth has very thoroughly explored the upstairs of the Mansion and returns back down. He decides to stop at the legislative meeting and see what is going on and comes in and sits down next to Speaker Wayy without saying anything.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Getting elected to serve your country in Congress is a tremendous honor, and it's an honor that comes with responsibilities. If you can't or won't handle those responsibilities, then you don't deserve the office.

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

If Representative Samara wants to spend his time trying to become Senator Samara, then he should resign from the House and let someone who will fulfill the duties that he is not take his place.

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Frankly, if you're in the middle of your term in Congress, your job should be to finish that term, as simple as that. If you absolutely have to run for another office it's your responsibility to make every effort to be just as dedicated in Congress while you're running than you would have been if you didn't.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Amaras Residence, Keokuk, Iowa

Sydney decided to start off the conversation while everyone was settling down before dinner began.

"This is actually not the first time I have been to the Midwest. My brother and I -along with his family- fly out to Carthage, Missouri every August for the Marian Days- a 4-day event in honor of Our Lady, and the main pilgrimage for Vietnamese Catholics in the United States. Joseph and I went with our parents when it first started, and we have returned every year since."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Statement from the Office of Congressman Jason Samara

I would like to take a moment to address the recent slander on my character and accusations that I am not taking my position seriously.

I have authored more bills this session than Congressperson Stevenson has authored her entire tenure. I have authored more bills this session than most other Representatives. I have not missed a single vote this session, and I have worked with other Congresspeople and co-authored/co-sponsored dozens of other bills this session. The reason Representative Stevenson hasn’t seen me lately is because I’ve never worked with her and didn’t see her regularly to begin with. Additionally she has served in Congress for less time than I have and announced for Senate before me.

I have always traveled frequently between Massachusetts and DC, I represent my district faithfully and that means actually meeting with the people of my district regularly. I apologize if it has appeared to some as if I was not serving diligently in Congress, I will scale down my event schedule ito avoid such misconceptions in the future. I would however ask that those who would criticize me actually look at the facts before jumping in to the conversation.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Teddy Kimbrell

@TheVirginiaCongressman

Congressman Samara is a shining example of a public servant, regardless of the slander Representative Stevenson and the Republicans are trying to perpetrate. He is a workhorse if there ever was one, proposing legislation that will help America live up to its many promises and doing more in one session than the Congresswoman has done in her entire life. Lets call this for what it is: yet another attempt to paint an accomplished African-American man as lazy and selfish.

Congressman Walsh

@MIRepWalsh

Jason Samara is an embarrassment to his district. His facade of service to his state is transparent, and his personal ambition overrides any other concerns he may have, including those of his constituents. The people of Massachusetts deserve someone who will fight for others in the Senate, not prioritize self-promotion. I believe Representative Kristen Stevenson is that someone.
Last edited by Vaquas on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Congressman Frank Johnson

@ThePhillyJohnson

Racist Republicans and Progressive politicians slander Jason Samara because they are afraid of strong black people doing their jobs. I have seen him in Congress many times and we have made good legislation together. Known cheating succubus and liar Kirsten Stevenson couldn't win an election if it was against Ellen Walton herself, and it shows!
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Katharine Hobbes
@KHobbes

Samara's passive agressive "statement" (written in <5 minutes) clearly shows Stevenson got under his skin and is onto something. He talks about how he works hard and tries to not miss a single vote - sounds good right?

Katharine Hobbes
@KHobbes

Except that literally in the next paragraph he says he'll cut down the number of his campaign events. So which one is it Jason? #Icallbullshit

Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Amaras Residence, Keokuk, Iowa

Amaras settled into his seat after the guests had taken theirs, and the boys after, Linda Sue quickly fetching one final item from the kitchen before sitting down herself. The centrepiece of the table was a long and thick meatloaf, surrounded and supplemented by thin cuts of fried potatoes, a bowl of steaming green beans, and a basket of rolls. None of the Amaras's touched the food, however, as Peter held out his hands to either side, one taken by Huck and one by his wife, who did the same, Huck offered his hand to Liliana, and Mike, taking his mother's hand in his right, lifted his small left up to Cao.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse