NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 am

New Jersey State House, Trenton, New Jersey

"March Seventh. I won't tell you the year," the Governor answered back with a touch of wry humour in her deep voice, the odd divergence one she was following gamely. "That's a Pisces."
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:30 am

National Air and Space Museum, Washington D.C.

Appleby shrugged. "I don't know what a good office is. I had to add furnishings myself. It's in Cannon, if that matters." He leaned up against the side of the escalator as it slowly rose.

"Are Senate offices better?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:19 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Ask the obstructionist Democrats and 'Progressives' if the government is going to shut down," Hotchkiss replied. "I've done my part, this is all in their hands."

She pivoted over to second reporter, shaking her head. "There isn't any time for any of these changes. The government is about to shut down. Those can be in the next budget. Right now, we have to pass this one."

"Governor the budget was only a single vote short of passing, do you plan on becoming personally involved with the negotiations and whipping of votes?"
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am

"I have repeatedly met with Democratic politicians on both bills. It is time that the leadership in that chamber brings the radicals in line before they plunge this state into chaos," Hotchkiss replied, inhaling heavily after the statement. "If they can't make their people see reason then they're not doing any good for this state."
Male.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:00 am

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

Progressive Primary arriving soon. I want a New York that puts our minorities first, put Progressive values first. Valores progresivos para Nueva York! #ProgressiveforNewYork

(Image)

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@PatriciaWaterfieldreal, A candidate for the Progressive Party nomination for Senator of New York has just said that they will essentially ignore the needs of the majority population of New York in order to support her misguided social engineering.

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
Ma'am, I must say that if you keep making statements like this your campaign is as dead as a dodo.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 am

Vaquas wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The joke had Stevenson confused and trying to figure out if there was some hidden meaning or second level to it that she didn't get. There was some Irish in the results but that wasn't the big one. Was he just avoiding that? The weird uncomfortable feeling about the results from earlier returned and she had so much going through her mind that it took her a minute to register that he was now on her side of the desk.

If the bachelor line wasn't already obvious the wink was and the speed of all of it was crazy, she didn't even know who we was four minutes ago but he seemed very direct at getting to know her. Feeling a little bit calculating she turned to half sit on the desk looking up at him.

"Well the timing would be a lot easier if we could be extra sure that I'm going to win that Senate seat. I wonder if a guy could help a girl out with something like that."

It occurred to her that she had literally no idea where he was from and she badly hoped it was not Mississippi.

Stevenson's Office

"I think maybe a guy could." he said, giving her a hard to place look. "I'd have no trouble endorsing the most competent person for the job, Samara is a joke, I'm all in." he assured her, setting down the papers. He let out a chuckle before locking eyes with the freshman Bay Stater. "I don't imagine you have a lot of problems winning over men on Capitol Hill, do you Kristen?" he asked suggestively.

Stevenson almost made a joke about how no one ever called her competent, then decided that was a really bad joke to make. The locking eyes lasted for only a couple seconds before she broke off the gaze and gracefully slipped around to the other side of the table. The move looked more like being coy than running away with her graceful and slightly sensuous movements but she was feeling a little unnerved at how quickly everything was going. The eyes looked hungry to her, which had her heart beat faster in a couple of ways, flirt or flight reflex. She got her composure back turning the desk corner to get to the other side, where she leaned with her hands down on the desk to look back up at him partially reconnecting the gaze, but not as intently.

"Well, some men can be pigs" she said with a little innocent shrug trying to see what the reaction would be.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am

Rep. McCroskey's District Office,
Greenpoint, New York

John cleared his throat again, trying his best to fight the urge to loosen his collar. "Well..."

The sudden realisation hit him, John scoffed before thinking out loudly "It's not like I'm doing something bad."

"I thought that with the prospects of your seat being open I could run for the House myself. It would be a unique opportunity to help and contribute to the community I grew up in."
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am

Prolieum wrote:

"I have repeatedly met with Democratic politicians on both bills. It is time that the leadership in that chamber brings the radicals in line before they plunge this state into chaos," Hotchkiss replied, inhaling heavily after the statement. "If they can't make their people see reason then they're not doing any good for this state."

"Do you believe the new Republicans in the legislature that called the first budget 'too much compromise' bare any of the blame?"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:58 am

Hotchkiss had no intention of breaking her own already-fragmenting party apart now, of all times.

"The Republicans have come to the table and done their job. Those comments only prove that this is a very favorable compromise for the Democrats, and they have no excuse to vote against."
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:53 am

Prolieum wrote:

Hotchkiss had no intention of breaking her own already-fragmenting party apart now, of all times.

"The Republicans have come to the table and done their job. Those comments only prove that this is a very favorable compromise for the Democrats, and they have no excuse to vote against."

A reporter with New Jersey Business News Now -and with a very thick Jersey accent- spoke up. “Governor do you have a plan to keep pharmaceutical companies in Jersey, especially as major players in the industry have either merged or left the state in recent years?”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Glen Anderson Campaign Stop #27
East Stroudsburg University, Monroe County

“You’re here for two reasons” Amanda said to Glen as they ate Chinese food over a table crowded with papers and campaign notes. “Motorists and cops, Monroe has the largest regional police force in the state and has some of the worst traffic. Now is the time to talk about supporting cops and infrastructure to improve traffic, additionally the per capita income is pretty low so talk jobs and lifting people out of poverty”

Glen spent the past hours in with Amanda in a one on one planning session, the first hour was a date where they spent time together and talked about things other than politics for once. Afterwards it was all business, they were able to flip the switch and focus on the campaign. The next day they struck out with the whole deal making their case to Monroe County.

They went to blighted communities well below the poverty line, talking about education and wage growth. Providing better paying jobs for low skilled workers and providing training to assistance low income individuals looking for opportunity. Glen also made a point of highlighting economic opportunity zones, their success and Glen’s planned expansion of the programs. He also did a brief interview with the Pocono Record about his life, service in Congress and plans for the future of Pennsylvania.

The next day he arrived for his rally at East Stroudsburg University, unlike his typical style of arriving 15 minutes early he arrived 10 minutes late. The audience was forced to wait a bit until he finally took the stage.

“"Thank you all for being here today, and for caring enough about our great state to be involved in this effort to Get Pennsylvania Working for the better. This is an incredible turnout and its truly humbling.”

“Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Congressman Glen Anderson I was born in Lebanon and I have devoted my life to public service. Since I first start representing the 17th district in 2012 I have constantly asked myself, ‘how do I best serve my state?’ Searching for an answer to that question I have traveled to every corner of the state, from my alma mater Penn State, to the streets of Philadelphia, the rusted factories of Erie, to the farms of Lancaster I have consistently traveled and spoke to countless residents of our state, people from all walks of life about their concerns and hopes.”

“But today I want to start with a concern of my own... I’m sorry it took so long to get here, I pride myself on punctuality, i’ve been traveling all over the state in recent days and I must say this is one of the most difficult drives in the state. I had a meeting with some congresspeople in New York City last night and had to take I-80 back here.”

“As your governor I am going to do all in my power to improve transportation in this state, that ranges from fixing potholes to building all new state of the art infrastructure. Northeastern Pennsylvania is a big part of that future, starting with passenger rail access to New York City. This is an extraordinarily difficult project but more than worth the effort. 20,000 Pennsylvanian’s commute to Jersey and New York daily without a direct line, roadway and truck traffic on I-80 are out of control and its not going down.”

“Look at Portland, Maine... their transit line to Boston gave that town an economic boom. New York has 5 times the population of Boston, imagine the growth that could give us. We are going to have to rethink the principles regarding how we contract or infrastructure projects. First, agencies responsible for overseeing a competitive contracting program should be responsible solely for transit policy, meaning that it should not directly operate transit services itself. Transit policy agencies should also avoid employing personnel directly responsible for operating bus transit services, thereby limiting additional “legacy costs.” Such agencies, moreover, could begin the implementation of a competitive process by contracting bus routes at the rate of employee attrition, in compliance with the Federal Transit Act. Finally, contracts should be small enough and bid frequently enough to maintain bidder interest and contractor discipline.”

“Stimulating private sector infrastructure investment plays a critical part in development, we can do this through reducing the tax burden and repealing regulatory burdens, so that resources can be better spent in ways that boost job growth and economic prosperity for working people.”

“The common theme I've been hearing is frustration. People everywhere see a real disconnect between Harrisburg and the rest of Pennsylvania. We feel that not only are our elected leaders not solving the serious problems that face us, but that they are actually causing the problems, and making things worse.”

“The average Pennsylvanian sees a governor and a legislature willing to impose record tax increases on the rest of us that we don't need, don't want, and simply cannot afford.”

“We are perfectly situated to become the strongest state in the union, a economic powerhouse. 1/3rd of our nation’s population is within a 24 hour drive, we have a strong work ethic, our universities are leading advanced research that will change the way we live, and yet every day I see our state hemorrhaging jobs, businesses, and taxpayers at an alarming rate, with no discernible response, or action from Harrisburg other than imposing more taxes and stressing our economy to the breaking point.”

“Regardless of party the people of our state constantly tell me we are heading in the wrong direction, and through all my discussions, my travels across the state and country it has become abundantly clear that our state cannot change direction without changing governors, that is why I am running for governor, to get Pennsylvania working again, I refuse to accept the status quo, the politics as usual.”

“Let me tell you what i stand for... I’m proud to say that in during my tenure in congress, i’ve fought to expand healthcare to our first responders, I have championed education, supporting Education Savings Accounts and merit pay for teachers. Just this year I introduced bills in Congress designed to strengthen our pediatric workforce, to protect and encourage innovation for small businesses, to reform onerous regulations stifling the growth of our communities, and to start a grant program to rehabilitate our crumbling schools. I proudly introduced the “21st Century Agriculture Act of 2017” which will revolutionize how we farm and improving quality of life across the state. I’m Pro-Life, Pro-Free Speech, Pro-Second Amendment, Pro-Student, Pro-Small Business and Firmly against the bloated government and fiscal irresponsibility of Harrisburg.”

“As it stands today Harrisburg has 150,000 pages worth of regulations that impact business and every single citizen, we have a heroin and opioid crisis, we have a skilled labor crisis, we have an economy has stay flat for years under the current administration. And for every problem facing our state, the current administration seems to only find one solution… raise taxes.”

“Harrisburg looks out for itself not the state, from day one as governor I will push to cut property taxes, cut wasteful spending and work to create a more efficient government in Harrisburg that works for the people of our state. I pledge that as your governor I will begin a policy of zero based budgeting, we will track every dollar being spent and we will treat with respect every single one. Despite claims to the contrary I can tell you that Harrisburg does not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem, and today I am calling on the state legislature to begin working on a taxpayer bill of rights.”

“We're standing up for the thousands of Pennsylvanians who are losing their pensions because of politics and incompetence. We're standing up for the Pennsylvanian’s who have lost their jobs and we're standing up for their families who are struggling to make ends meet. We're standing up for those thousands of small business owners who have closed their doors, and the thousands of others who are struggling just to keep them open.”

“I know the anxiety you all are feeling, I have a young daughter myself. She wants to grow up to be a dentist, and I want to not only make sure she can go to college and pursue her dream but that their will be good jobs and economic security when she graduates. Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“You feel like they live in the forgotten land, that no one understands what a blue-collar, working-class family has to go through in Pennsylvania today. You’re good, hard-working people, and ready for a change."

“A few weeks ago I was speaking with some of my fellow congress members from Florida. They told me of Dorothy Famiano and her kids Danielle and Nicholas. Nicholas was born with a condition called spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair, Danielle has autism and cerebral palsy, and they were both in the foster care program. Dorothy looked at these kids and where others may have seen challenge raising children with special needs instead only saw love and adopted the pair. Today Danielle and Nicholas are thriving teenagers with lives more promising than anyone could have expected.”

“Dorothy deserves all the praise and credit in the world for her actions, but she had hardships raising these kids. The public school system didn’t work for them, there was no place to put them, placed in classrooms overfilled with students that had severe behavioral issues it was not a environment where they could learn or thrive. It wasn’t until Dorothy learned about the Gardiner Scholarship that things turned around. The scholarship was specifically for children with special needs, applying through the Step Up for Students program the Scholarship gave her the ability to homeschool her children, letting her teach her children at their own pace and meeting their needs, from there her kids blossomed and made great progress.”

“Dorothy said ‘They have gifts that aren’t necessarily discovered in a classroom setting. I saw that potential in them from the first time I met them. The success my children are enjoying is due to the fact the Gardiner Scholarship is geared towards each child’s strength. It’s the personalized learning experience that has made it so successful. A lot of people don’t understand this.’”

“Thousands of students in our state face the same challenges that Dorothy’s kids faced. Programs similar to the Gardiner Scholarship program could prove a turning point in the education and development for our children. We need Education Savings Accounts, programs where parents can provide children with the education that best suits them, tuition, special needs services, curriculum and more can be funded based on the individual needs of the kids. This is educational innovation, this is bringing closer to bringing education into the 21st century, people demand choice in every area of life, education should not be the exception.”

“Six States have already enacted ESA’s and families are extremely satisfied with the results, over a 90% satisfaction rate. Empowering parents is a necessity to improving education, and ESAs promise to improve the lives of student by letting parents choose what’s best for their child.”

“Pennsylvania was once the leader in education choice, in 2011 the tax credit cap for EITC scholarships here was $60 million, it served 38,000 students the most in the country, Florida served 29,000 students. Audits of the program have found it saves billions for taxpayers and provides better education for the students through school choice and empowering parents. Now Florida serves 107,000 students while Pennsylvania doesn’t serve half that many, and is forced to turn down thousands every year. The EITC should not be arbitrarily capped but should be based on demand. As governor I will pursue legislation to increase tax credits automatically if 90% of available credits were claimed in the previous year. I will not allow partisan political skirmishes disrupt valuable programs as we have seen too often in the past.”

“School Choice and Education Savings Accounts put choice back in the hands of parents, they provide an escape route from failing and violent schools, they save money and lead to smaller class sizes, they give lower income families the same options as upper income families, and they force schools to improve to attract students. Perhaps most importantly it rejects the notion of a “One-Size-Fits-All” education, it creates diverse schools that respond to the needs of the children instead of forcing children to respond to the needs of a rigid curriculum.”

“ For towns like this I wrote the Student Fiscal Literacy Act, supports schools that try and teach their students practical financial literacy, how to balance a checkbook, save for the future and make smart financial choices that let them pursue the American dream. Its for towns like this that I wrote legislation like the 21st Century Agriculture Act, which amends the tax code to reflect the modern realities of farming, lowering the cost of doing business and making things easier, a goal I will continue as your governor. ”

“For towns like this I authored the Save Local and Small Business Act, which rewrote regulations a rules governing businesses on main street, making it easier to do business, lowering taxes and increasing investment in the small businesses that need and deserve it the most. It reforms the worst parts of Dodd-Frank, that have so badly impacted small banks and businesses and made it easier for entrepreneurs to get loans.”

“For towns like this I wrote the Invent and Manufacture in America Act, which promotes and protects manufacturers in America, not just helping keep our job right here in Pennsylvania, but beginning the process of bringing them back home.”

“For kids like ours I wrote the Educational Facility Rehabilitation Act, a bill that will help ensure that kids don’t need to attend crumbling schools, schools without heat in the winter or air conditioning in the Summer, because schools should have to worry about teaching children, not whether the facilities are safe. For kids like ours I authored the Strengthening our Pediatric Workforce Act, which encourages doctors to enter into the field of children's health, a field that desperately needs more doctors.”

“As your governor my agenda will all works towards the prosperity of Pennsylvanians, not select corporations or special interests. I will push for policies that promote charter schools and quality education, doubling down on policies like your county has where residents may apply to attend cyber charter schools with no additional costs to parents. And when we send our children to college I will pursue a policy of openness and much needed transparency regarding tuition and what your children will get out of college.”

“On day one as governor I will declare a statewide disaster and state of emergency regarding the opioid crisis, this will enable us to take immediate measures to enhance response, increase access to treatment and save lives. It will be the first of its kind for a public health emergency in the state.

“Step one will be to create an Opioid Command Center located at PEMA. The Command will meet weekly and be responsible for coordinating all elements of our response to the crisis. Next we will expand access to the prescription drug monitoring program to ensure prescribers are in compliance with opioid regulations.”

“We must make Overdoses and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome as reportable conditions, so that prescribers know if a patient has a history with abuse, keeping prescribers informed and making sure data is available is vital to curbing future addiction. We must also give the DDAP further emergency purchase authorization, allowing us to purchase more lifesavings drugs. Other aspects of this include amending regulations so that EMTs can dispense naloxone, waiving regulations that keep pharmacists from interacting with other organizations that deal with at risk individuals. Make rescheduling of fentanyl derivatives permanent as long as the crisis continues.”

“We have a shortage of doctors certified for the Narcotic Treatment Program, we need to allow nurses and physician assistants to expedite initial intakes which will greatly speed up the certification process and provide more qualified doctors to fight the crisis. For the duration of the crisis we will waive ALL licensing requirements and fees for high-performing drug and alcohol treatment facilities.”

“We also need to start exploring any and every option to combat this crisis, a plan that addresses the crisis from the top down, start to finish. This is just the first step in addressing this crisis, I just hope the current governor finally realizes the severity of the crisis. Even now I am speaking with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to secure funding exclusively to fight this crisis and the greater crisis with addiction as a whole. Moving forward we need to ask ourselves 3 major questions What treatment programs are proven to be effective?‘How can we fast track the most effective programs? How can we educate people about the dangers of opioids?’”

“The same moral commitment that calls us to act on the Opioid Crisis calls us to move to protect the most vulnerable among us, the lives of the unborn. In the words of Ronald Reagan ‘I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion… has already been born’. I’ve heard some claim you can’t determine where a life begins, that its a matter of debate, well here is where I stand… if we don’t know when the unborn becomes a human life then we MUST opt in favor that it is a human life until someone proves it isnt. And as a life they are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“As it stands our state levys one of the highest taxes on natural gas in the nation, and the democrats in harrisburg have tried to raise it higher every year. That hurt every one of those jobs pipelines like Mariner East has created, the permit delays, the fee increases on gas wells, raising a tax on gas sold to homes… the energy sector is one of our states most promising sectors, we shouldnt shackle it to the greed of bureaucrats in Harrisburg. As your governor I will fight every proposed tax increase, and do everything I can to relieve your regulatory and tax burden.”

“Not only that I am going to support research on how to make fossil fuels, natural gas, every form of energy, cleaner and more efficient, so you can do more business and bring home a bigger paycheck to your families. The future of energy is not more corporate welfare, its cutting the oppressive regulatory and tax burden so companies can pay more, hire more and expand to their full economic potential. We have a 21st century industry operating under a 1970s regulatory regime, changing this alone would make a huge difference in the industry.”

“Our current state government is too focused on doling out taxpayer cash and promulgating regulation than on fostering an environment for good-paying jobs and economic growth.”

“We don’t do enough… not nearly enough to support our farmers. I’m not talking about subsidizing farmers more i’m talking about farming smarter. The truth is the average farmer receives little to no actual support with the vast majority going to corporate farmers and massive land holders. Our farmers facing burdensome regulations, negative stereotypes, children fleeing the family business. As governor I will reform how we approach farming, I’ll make sure aid goes to the people who actually need it not corporate mega-farms. We will foster an environment of community, accountability and stewardship, we are seeing our small rural communities falling apart, their vibrant spirit becoming ghost towns in the same way our proud industrial towns turn to rust.

Our government federal, state and local saddle our farmers with excess paperwork, regulations and an increasingly burdensome bureaucracy. Big corporate farms set high barriers that small farms cont overcome, thats not a free market. As Governor I will cut back on the red tape that hurts so many, you will not need an army of lawyers to contend with a mountain of paperwork and regulation. We will deregulate locally produced foods, and work to exempt local sales from government licensure, permitting, certification, inspection, packaging, and labeling requirements, and applies to farmers’ markets as well as on-site stores at farms.

“As it stands the democratic leadership in Harrisburg is a relic, large scale standardization, control, spending and bureaucracy, things do not reflect a highly diverse society, a highly diverse population and a highly diverse state, instead we have an lumbering ‘one size fits all’ government that doesnt fit with the 21st century. With all our advantages jobs are growing at less than 1% a year, Pennsylvania unemployment increases while the rest of the country decreases. Business and entrepreneurship has been stifled by over taxation and regulation, an unbroken 45 year streak of tax increases. We need new solutions, new innovation not more of the same.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in companies like GE sending jobs to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Jobs will come from a healthy modernized economy not one built behind barriers to growth or handouts to a privileged few through corporate welfare. In congress I have made my first priority the economic security for families, that is something I will continue as governor, building a 21st century economy where people can work hard not just to get by but to thrive and give their children a better life then they had.”

“Under the absent leadership of the democrats an average family of four in our state now owes nearly $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund alone. Many of our school districts, our urban areas spend over $300,000 per high school graduates, half aren’t proficient in basic algebra, they can’t read at a high school level. And for all the accolades the democrats have received for increasing education funding, less than 30% has actually gone to teaching.”

“This same leadership has led to the near collapse of our pension system in the state, the average family of four now owes $20,000 to pay off the state pension fund debt. 10 years ago democrats denied the existence of a pension crisis, 2 years ago Vilseck vetoed vital pension reforms, but because of the advocacy and had work of Pennsylvania citizens like you I have some good news... our Senate Majority Leader has introduced SB 1, and it is going to be a major turn around for our state. It moves us away from the unsustainable pension system to a system that provides choice for workers and stability for taxpayers. I have spoken with the leader at length about SB 1 and I am proud to fully endorse this legislation and I encourage all of you to contact your representatives and voice your support!”

“SB 1 is just one step in the right direction, we need to lower taxes of all forms, property, sales, income and whatever else overburden Pennsylvanians. Our budget deficit grows not because of a lack of revenue but because these high taxes, overregulation and a state government that continues to fund failing programs. As your governor I will institute an automatic sunset provision for under-performing programs and require the implementation of cost-reducing changes recommended by the IFO or Performance based Budget Board. We are going to introduce transparency measures and pass the taxpayer protection act to control spending and protect the hard earned money of families across the state.”

“We are going to become the most business friendly state in the nation, not through reckless corporate welfare that the current administration engages in but by actually creating a environment of growth, an environment where the American Dream can thrive. Our state has countless advantages, we have some of the largest, cheapest deposits of natural gas and coal in the world, we can utilize that to bring back the manufacturing jobs of years past we can become the global leader in manufacturing and energy exports once again. I refuse to accept Pennsylvania’s place at the bottom of the country for job growth and economic output, its time for that to end.”

“As your governor I will put an end to a lack of transparency in Harrisburg, the shadow budget, the lack of accountability. I am going to start a policy of job growth, education and fiscal responsibility. I will make blue collar communities like this one, ones that have been left behind by Winston and Harrisburg, my top priority unlike the democrats who have taken communities like yours for granted. How many years have democratic leaders made promises that never came to fruition? You all deserve economic strength and stability, accept nothing less.”

“Despite this lack of transparency, the state lawmakers are some of the best paid in the nation, the governor makes over $190,000 a year, the highest in the nation. I pledge to you today that as governor I will not take a dime of that salary until the salary is lowered! The lowest salary of a governor in the nation is $70,000, Maine, I call on the legislature to make it at least that low. All elected officials working for the state will have a pay freeze while I am governor until the budget is balanced.”

“I will do everything in my power to create an environment more friendly to business encouraging the growth of industries new and old. I am going to fight for the expansion of healthcare and higher education here, i’m going to fight for tax cuts for small businesses and across the board. As your governor I will be an advocate in Washington for the renegotiation of trade deals that are now outdated and costing jobs.”

“The policies of Harrisburg have resulted in plants like GE to send jobs and plants to Texas, our wealth and factories overseas leaving thousands of Pennsylvanians out of work. The negligence of those in Harrisburg have seen the jobs of skilled craftsman and tradespeople moved thousands of miles away, it has devastated our middle class, it has devastated our nation. Staying on this path and continuing these policies of relentless taxation, and allowing our communities to deteriorate will keep our factories closed, our inner cities poor, and special interests in control.”

“Ladies and gentlemen let’s have the economic resurgence of our state begin today. Lets send a message to Harrisburg a message that enough is enough and we need an economy that is growing not stagnant, it’s time to stop over-taxing, over-regulating, and crippling ourselves. It’s time to get Pennsylvania working again, I hope you join me, God bless America and God Bless the Great State of Pennsylvania, Thank You!.”

REPORTER QUESTIONS

R: How much would this rail line cost?
A: We are still working on cost estimates, and a great deal depends on the state of New York and New Jersey but it would bring economic prosperity to the whole region that would far outweigh the cost.

R: Do you have any thoughts on the New Jersey Government Shutdown?
A: I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the New Jersey Legislature. I believe however it was just short 1 vote so i'm confident their differences can be settled quickly.

R: Any thoughts on who the President will pick to replace Secretary Bell?
A: Well firstly I want to send my thoughts and prayers to Secretary Bell and his family, and tell you that the man is tough as nails. As for who will be the Acting Secretary, I don't know who the President has in mind. But he has a strong bench to choose from, too many good candidates is a good problem to have, I have every confidence the President will make a great selection.
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Boyd's Steakhouse
Martinsburg
West Virginia

Lenny nearly choked on his potato at Amaras' words, swallowing it and lightly coughing "That wasth a hot potato, excuse me Mister Senator." He spoke while clearing his throat, his thoughts clouded by numerous bad memories involving women.

He thought on the spot

"I bet your wife is a graceful woman, to answer your question: I'm not married unfortunately, women around New York these daysth. Find out what you think and they go psycho, psycho in the bad way. I-mean the other bad way. So I'm waiting" he gritted his teeth in between his words "Waiting for the right one, everything after marriage". Lenny mentally cringed.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Mayor's Office, Seattle, Washington

Arlen began to think about the choice he had ahead of him. It was certainly a lot for him to think about, but deep down he knew the answer. He simply could not leave the party that made him, the party that supported him in his first run for office. Even though Arlen was displeased with the current state of the party he could not turn his back on it.

He took a deep breath, exhaled and placed a smile on his face.

"Wow. Ok. This is a lot to take in." Arlen paused. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity Ms. Walton. It was great to finally meet you, but I believe you already know my answer," Arlen paused again. "For the time being, it's a no. I'm just not ready to jump ship yet."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Toledo, Ohio
SeaGate Convention Centre
Saturday
13 May

Ella smiles brightly at the young woman and greets her warmly.

"Hello! What's your name? Of course I'll sign your notebook and thank you very much for the compliment. I actually knitted this sweater myself and I think you can tell!" She smiles and looks at some of the less well made parts where the lines cross strangely or the designs flop a little.

She takes and signs the journal with a light graceful looping signature with some frills right on the inside cover.

"Do you want a book too?" She asks.

Tumblrena
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tumblrena » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Seattle, Washington
Mayor's Office
Sunday
11 June

Ellen lightly takes a small bite of salad and does not externally react to the news as she chews and swallows.

"I did not know that." She says to start.

"There are many things I do not know but I would like to know this one. Would you mind telling me why?" She asks.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Of Michiganites and Museums

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Washington
District of Columbia

She shrugged, as the escalator moved up. Turning to face him, she spoke.

"Marginally. Its more spacious but just results in more people, bigger staffs. Lots of interns....do you have interns Congressman?"

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Meeting a Concerned Constitutent

Brooklyn District Office
Greenpoint
New York

"Many great people have started their involvement in politics, in the dishonorable battle for change, at this level. I won't include myself but the 12th has seen some of the first firsts, the first Puerto Rican woman, the first African-American woman, Shirley Chisholm herself served in this seat..."

Eleanor seemed to have lost herself in thought, before returning after an awkward silent period.

"So, yes, you have quite a list of predecessors to follow if you decide to run. Don't count me in that thought."

She spoke sharply, before returning to a kinder tone.

"But...I am glad to see your honest and earnest interest."

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Mayor's Office, Seattle, Washington

"Well it's really a combination of thing," Arlen explained.

"The Democratic Party helped make me, supported me in my first election and have supported me since. Although I am quite dissatisfied with the current ideology of the Democratic Party on a national scale, I believe I can help mold my the ideology of my state party." Arlen took a sip of his drink. "It didn't help sway me to know that the Progressive Party has no real infrastructure in Virginia, that's something the Democrats have."

"Although I must admit, you almost swayed me, Ms. Walton. Maybe in the next few years I'll flip, but not now the time is not right for me."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 pm

National Air and Space Museum, Washington D.C.

"Yes," Appleby answered succinctly, stepping off of the motorized staircase and then off to the side to avoid blocking the way, continuing once on steady ground again.

"Plenty. Set them up in the office, give them work. They just come in unpaid, no salary, still do the work. Seems like something that you shouldn't be able to do, but they are volunteering for it," he shrugged. "Guess if they like it, they like it."
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 pm

"Still not what we're talking about, but fine, I'll answer," Hotchkiss replied to the accented reporter posing the pharmaceuticals question.

"New Jersey has to be a welcome environment for business. Without that, there's no jobs, without that, there's no money. Being a productive state means making this state one employers want to hire in. A Stansky Manifesto only drives away jobs, and we can't afford that."
Male.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:02 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Still not what we're talking about, but fine, I'll answer," Hotchkiss replied to the accented reporter posing the pharmaceuticals question.

"New Jersey has to be a welcome environment for business. Without that, there's no jobs, without that, there's no money. Being a productive state means making this state one employers want to hire in. A Stansky Manifesto only drives away jobs, and we can't afford that."

“Will you include greater funding in this current budget for scientific research at our state’s great universities, or if not now, in later budgets?”
Last edited by Bruke on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Boyd's Steakhouse, Martinsburg, West Virginia

Amaras considered reaching across the table to offer a fatherly pat on the shoulder but, assessing the distance, settled for simply nodding in agreement.

"That's the right way to do it. It might be hard, especially in a place like New York, but stay true, and God will send the right woman your way."
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Clearwater Campaign Commercial

Moses Clearwater's campaign was able to launch a statewide ad buy, thanks to the new support from Stafford and the campaign's growing buzz thanks to the tour and door knocking efforts.

Clearwater was able to use some of his film connections to produce an ad that was very professional cinematographically. It had dramatic lighting and music, not far off from the vein of the Atlantic Fire films based off of Clearwater's novel series by the same name. A deep, African American voice narrated over the music.

Moses Clearwater was a child of the Civil Rights Movement, fighting alongside his parents for equality.

The Air Force Academy taught him honor, duty, and service to his community and his nation.

The Gulf War taught him the power of sacrifice and the privelidge of comraderie.

The end of one millennium and the dawn of another brought a new era of politics. Moses Clearwater became a dealmaker and a fighter.

Though he lost everything, he learned the power of humility and forgiveness as he rebuilt a life shattered by his own mistakes.

Through writing and film he found a way to serve his nation in a new way- through the unity that comes with art.

As the Washington spews hate and division, Virginia needs a leader who has honor and humility to build bridges, not burn them. Virginia needs a leader who will use both principle and compromise to bring the change that our citizens of all creed and color need. That leader is Moses Clearwater, a man built by his times, experiences, and community.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:39 pm

"There's no time to change this budget. That's a question for the next budget," Hotchkiss dismissed.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"How confident are you in the state's ability to fund healthcare in the longterm?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse