NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP IC-Volume II (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am

Amaras's Office, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington D.C.

"Interesting," Amaras commented, removing his glasses after he had finished reading the bill. "What's the intent behind it?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am

Prolieum wrote:
Appleby's Office, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

"Or we can be done now, if you're not interested," Appleby added without emotion.

“I’m listening.” Kimbrell responded.
Last edited by Vaquas on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:41 am

"Sex-change surgery. Used to cover it, RLSA killed that. Had red tape everywhere anyways. New bill-full government coverage. No red tape or privacy violating, just free surgeries," Appleby laid out.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Sex-change surgery. Used to cover it, RLSA killed that. Had red tape everywhere anyways. New bill-full government coverage. No red tape or privacy violating, just free surgeries," Appleby laid out.

“I don’t think I understand, you’re suggesting that we fully subsidize all sex change sugeries regardless of mental state, gender dysphoria diagnosis, any of that? Don’t you think there are more vital operations that we should be covering?” Kimbrell questioned.
Last edited by Vaquas on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:01 pm

"Vital for them." Appleby replied. "Everyone covers the emergency room. Soon many won't cover this anymore. The old system had you trapped, diagnoses there, referral there. Wastes time, wastes money, might not work out. This is simpler."
Male.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:50 pm

ImageImage
Sen. Joanne Winslow
@JWinslowMT

Congratulations to President Reed on his decision regarding our presence in the Middle East. With ISIS defeated it's time to bring our troops home.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Hotchkiss 2017 Campaign Headquarters, Trenton, New Jersey

Hotchkiss took Stansky's offered hand with a small, clammy one of her own before taking a seat. It was not immediately apparent, and likely would not be without looking under the table or a perceptive eye, but her seat had longer legs than Joh's, or the others at the table. The adjustment provided a modest boost to her seated height, though not enough to place her even with the taller man.

"Your performance was also impressive...Joh," she replied, rolling over the immediately familiar term somewhat awkwardly in her mouth, her voice carrying an unmistakable rasp.

"I was surprised to hear it end so soon," she commented.

“What do you mean ‘end so soon’?”
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:36 pm

"You ended only a few tenths of a percent away from Schlang," the Governor noted. "I would have expected someone in your position to contest those results."
Male.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Interesting," Amaras commented, removing his glasses after he had finished reading the bill. "What's the intent behind it?"

"The intent behind this bill is in order to encourage business activity in the United States through the dissolution of the EPA. This in turn will most likely lead to an increase in business activity and entrepreneurship in the United States which is particularly needed to support this country as it lifts itself from the current financial recession."
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Josephine Stafford
@StaffordStrong

I encourage Governor Hughes to take heed to my recommendations for potential appointments to fill the Michigan Senate seat. This state's people have done me the honor of electing me to the Senate numerous times and they deserve a proper successor.

Josephine Stafford
@StaffordStrong

If Governor Hughes decides instead to act unilaterally, I will be disappointed that he decides to put party over policies and people, the same people who elected him.

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"You ended only a few tenths of a percent away from Schlang," the Governor noted. "I would have expected someone in your position to contest those results."

"I'm not too interested in pursuing it further. I'm content with the result. I have plans that will lead me in an different direction. But, let's get to the chase. The invitation I received from you was a little skimp in details, why did you ask me to come over?"
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Sahara Headquarters

The Renaissance Center
Detroit
Michigan

Josephine took a sip of water as she finished the small chicken and strawberry salad in front of her. She had not eaten much during the meeting, speaking more than chewing. But the supposed healthcare experts did not make great conversation but it was all okay in retrospect. It was better to keep them fed and returning to offer their support than to have them leave feeling that she was ungrateful. It was very different from Washington, a change she knew would be expected as these people made their career without any help from the Democratic machine but one she could not help but always return to when alone. But it was hardly anything she did not believe she could overcome without dedicating herself to it.

Her office faced the river and she looked over the few boats making their way down it. An entertaining view as she continued eating, finishing in a short while and placing the dirty dishes in a small tub on a counter to her left. The aide would come soon to take them, hopefully, sooner rather than later as she disliked seeing the messy plates. She returned to her computer, clicking through several tabs before arriving at her schedule and marking 'Lunch with Policy Team' done. She scrolled down and confirmed that she had the rest of the afternoon free, a rare occurrence but not one she was ungrateful for.

She returned to another tab, with the header reading 'Recommendations for Senate', and saw the additions her aides and Chief Secretary, Ana Castner, had made. Several names had been added, many more had been removed, and nearly all had a dozen of links and paragraphs of texts accompanying them. She read a couple over, aloud, of course, to help her think better.

"Timothy Yeser, current state senate leader for the Democrats...interesting choice but he might be more useful where he is now....Mike Welchman, young congressional representative, firebrand liberal and someone Hughes would like"

Stafford laughed audibly, clicking through the editing history to note which of the aides had made such a comment. She returned.

"Lee Appleby, quiet and moderate Democrat, someone who could follow orders but prove a little too rough around the edges..."

She read a couple more names but found herself returning to the name Appleby. Taking to the many links under his name, she realized where she had heard the name and raised an eyebrow at his surprisingly moderate stances. While not rare, his background and aloof demeanor did not explain it nor did they fail to stop her interest in the Congressman. Far from the ideal Senate replacement, she did not consider him at all and quickly removed the name from the list. But instead copied the information to an email to Ana to organize a meeting. She would be in Washington to meet with a showman so why not add to the circus of a trip with another peculiar yet noteworthy act, the Appleby act.

Continuing down the list, she read more names before settling on a final list of fifteen names. The top contender though was a surprising choice, one that the media had floated around a bit and that once Josephine had presented to the Michigan Democratic leadership, they had been quick to support. It was Jane Vickers, Governor William Hughes' Lieutenant Governor and running mate, who unlike the man himself, had remained a Democrat or so was persumed in his silence on the matter. It would open the door to a Progressive LTG of course but that was something they expected already in 2018 when she would probably be booted off the ticket. But if Vickers could dip the sinking ship that was Hughes now, and with Josephine prepared, the Democrats could sweep now. Plus it would be pretty difficult for William to discredit his own running mate, especially for such a significant role. And if he did, it would only further hurt him.

Clicking 'submit', the list was sent off to Ana for her final review before being sent to the major news outlets, the Governor, and posted online all hopefully by the end of the day. She continued working on a couple speeches for the remainder of the time, all for the major fundraisers she would be hosting. Despite not holding any office, the money she brought in for the party was a duty the DNC had not forgotten to remind her of and were quick to ask for its continuance. She didn't mind it, the wealthy of the Midwest were easy to convince with the right words. But the money flowing in was not going to the DNC, at least not yet. Sahara and the Stafford Strong PAC were collecting most of the money, a war chest in the making.

She had not yet decided for what, but it was a bargaining chip she refused to simply hand over to the Democrats, especially after her removal from leadership. It was nothing personal, more out of a matter of principle. She would be going to Hawaii though, to hopefully sort out those issues. But if not, her trip to Washington would similarly offer new opportunities for what to use the money. After making a couple of edits, she finished, downloading the new draft to a USB for her laptop. It would be nearly a month before she would back in this office so turning off the lights and blinds, she tidied up a bit. Satisfied with her work, she left with papers and the USB in hand.

To: Lee Appleby

Subject: Former Senator Stafford (D-MI)

Hello Congressman Appleby,

Former Senator Josephine Stafford would like to meet with you when she will be in Washington in two days, a friendly discussion. Please respond if there is a time and place available for the two of you to meet, despite the short notice.

Best,

Ana Castner
Chief Secretary for Mrs. Stafford

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

Republican Debate has been a complete fiasco. We cannot be lead by incompetent leaders who do not seek to represent New York values. #ProgressiveforNewYork

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

Republican Debate has been a complete fiasco. We cannot be lead by incompetent leaders who do not seek to represent New York values. #ProgressiveforNewYork

(Image)

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal, Ma'am, I believe that the incompetent leaders here would be the Progressive Party with the reason being that you have tweeted that we need to support prostitution and it's associated lifestyle.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

(Image)

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal, Ma'am, I believe that the incompetent leaders here would be the Progressive Party with the reason being that you have tweeted that we need to support prostitution and it's associated lifestyle.

Samantha Soberman
@SamanthaSoberman

You're complicit in mass murder, shut the hell up.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

(Image)

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

More attacks from the Republican far-right. #ProgressiveforNewYork

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:36 pm

ImageImage
Lenny Lotto
@Lennyslottomachine

@PatriciaWaterfieldReal Poor Patricia. This wasn't any large scale personal attack from Kramer, though it did sound academic which you might find infuriating.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Vaquas wrote:
(Image)
Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American

Samantha Soberman
@SamanthaSoberman

You're complicit in mass murder, shut the hell up.

Liked by Jason Samara

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

More attacks from the Republican far-right. #ProgressiveforNewYork

Alois Kramer
@GoodOle'American
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal, Ma'am, if you don't have anything to respond with apart from mere labelling I would suggest acknowledging that your goose was cooked.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

I do not respond to the far-right as they belong in the trash can of history.#ProgressiveforNewYork

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:44 pm

ImageImage
Jason Larson
@LouisianaLarson

New York is a state that's been dominated by the coastal liberal elites for decades. I think it's time we take back the state, and make it great again! But we need a true American patriot in order to win.

ImageImage
Jason Larson
@LouisianaLarson

I believe @Lennyslottomachine is exactly the kind of outsider who can beat the left and represent real Americans! I strongly urge my NY supporters and all conservatives in the state to support him in the primary.

ImageImage
Jason Larson
@LouisianaLarson

MarliO is a freaky near-pornstar who is only running for attention and to embarrass the whole country. She and her behavior is all so disgusting. Her music is deplorable, and so are her politics. DO NOT VOTE FOR HER!

Die nasty!!111

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Patricia Waterfield
@PatriciaWaterfieldReal

Republican Candidate endorsed by White Supremacist, Civil War Revisionist, Segregationist and a Mass Shooter. How fitting. #ProgressiveforNewYork

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

I'm sorry if this is out of line, but @StaffordStrong, since when does someone who quits their job get to choose their replacement?

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

The people elected you to a six year term, and now they're not getting it, because you're leaving before you finished the job. If you couldn't see it through all the way, you shouldn't have run in the first place.

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Even if you had to leave you didn't do a thing for any kind of transition, you just showed up and left with no warning or notice. No one saw it coming and no one had any time to prepare. Maybe if you tweeted this before you left it would have some legitimacy.

Zipporah Hazelelponi
@ScionOfZion

Frankly, I think the Governor should pick whoever he wants, and I don't see why you should get a say.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Amaras waved his hand. "I figured that part out myself. What's the political intent?"
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:53 pm

"More than one reason," Hotchkiss rasped vaguely. "Now one of those reasons is asking about what those plans you mentioned are."
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse