NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:15 pm

I'd have to write a post...I do have something in mind

We'll see if the juices flow. If they do, maybe I'll consider a little harder
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:That would be hilarious. Please do.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for representatives. Each representative must: (1) be at least twenty-five years old; (2) have been a citizen of the United States for the past seven years; and (3) be (at the time of the election) an inhabitant of the state they represent.Members are not required to live in the districts they represent, but they traditionally do

Inhabitant=/=resident

There are zero chance candidates who do silly stuff like move around the country and run in random states all the time

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Didn't realize how Asian 9 was

Wonder if there could be some peeling off there

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:
Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for representatives. Each representative must: (1) be at least twenty-five years old; (2) have been a citizen of the United States for the past seven years; and (3) be (at the time of the election) an inhabitant of the state they represent.Members are not required to live in the districts they represent, but they traditionally do

Inhabitant=/=resident

There are zero chance candidates who do silly stuff like move around the country and run in random states all the time

I can see every wannabe politician in the country flying to seattle for this...
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Dentali wrote:
Inhabitant=/=resident

Kailen Murray makes a comeback
Last edited by Uttland on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:That would be hilarious. Please do.

Joe Crowley didn’t live in his district, he lived in Virginia.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Dentali wrote:
Inhabitant=/=resident

I'm just imagining everyone seeing the seat belonging to some sort of universally hated incumbent and then all running there whilst Taylor crushes them all in the polls thanks to his new powers of not being overly inflammatory or stupid.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I actually considered Soberman moving for a split second but then I realized its not in character for her to do so and she's running a Gubernatorial campaign
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Vaquas wrote:I actually considered Soberman moving for a split second but then I realized its not in character for her to do so and she's running a Gubernatorial campaign

At this rate, even President Reed will consider running in the special election.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Off topic, I just took the philosophical dichomity test and I somehow got Objectivism. I disagree with Rand on nearly everything, but I guess Bioshock is the world for me.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Gah so many things I could do with so many characters
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Uttland wrote:Off topic, I just took the philosophical dichomity test and I somehow got Objectivism. I disagree with Rand on nearly everything, but I guess Bioshock is the world for me.

A fellow Bioshock fan I see! We can start Rapture IC.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Vaquas wrote:Gah so many things I could do with so many characters

I honestly regret having so many. It’s just so busy. I’m hyperfocusing on Lane, Rhodes, Mayfield, Albano, and Torres, keeping these as my core five. I’m doing something with Hookstraten soon, but that’s an excursion.
Last edited by Uttland on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Uttland wrote:Off topic, I just took the philosophical dichomity test and I somehow got Objectivism. I disagree with Rand on nearly everything, but I guess Bioshock is the world for me.

A fellow Bioshock fan I see! We can start Rapture IC.

I’ve never played the games funny enough, but I’m well acquainted with them and their fundamental concept.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:A fellow Bioshock fan I see! We can start Rapture IC.

I’ve never played the games funny enough, but I’m well acquainted with them and their fundamental concept.

Well, it's never too late to create an underwater or floating city. Though, seeing how most of our IC characters are all over the political spectrum, most of them can apply to being citizens in Columbia.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Uttland wrote:I’ve never played the games funny enough, but I’m well acquainted with them and their fundamental concept.

Well, it's never too late to create an underwater or floating city. Though, seeing how most of our IC characters are all over the political spectrum, most of them can apply to being citizens in Columbia.

Wouldn’t be a bad ol’ RP. But honestly I would be very entertained if Hookstraten was in Columbia. He would be right at home.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Well, it's never too late to create an underwater or floating city. Though, seeing how most of our IC characters are all over the political spectrum, most of them can apply to being citizens in Columbia.

Wouldn’t be a bad ol’ RP. But honestly I would be very entertained if Hookstraten was in Columbia. He would be right at home.

Speaking of Hook, where is he? It's been a while. A return is a must. Cox needs him to help kill Jared in the perfect crime.

RPs I do

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 pm

My mind somehow morphed that 7 into a 4 and I almost lost my mind
Democratic Nominee 2024

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Uttland wrote:Wouldn’t be a bad ol’ RP. But honestly I would be very entertained if Hookstraten was in Columbia. He would be right at home.

Speaking of Hook, where is he? It's been a while. A return is a must. Cox needs him to help kill Jared in the perfect crime.

I’m planning rally around the site of a former confederate statue with several prominent far-right figures in Virginia. Coming in with a bang. Soon.

Attempting to kill Jared also needs to occur, that could be very fun.

That also reminds me that I was planning an invasion of the US with another character. I need to finish that arc.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Uttland wrote:Wouldn’t be a bad ol’ RP. But honestly I would be very entertained if Hookstraten was in Columbia. He would be right at home.

What? :eyebrow:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Speaking of Hook, where is he? It's been a while. A return is a must. Cox needs him to help kill Jared in the perfect crime.

I’m planning rally around the site of a former confederate statue with several prominent far-right figures in Virginia. Coming in with a bang. Soon.

That also reminds me that I was planning an invasion of the US with another character. I need to finish that arc.

WAIT DELUCCA!?

RPs I do

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Uttland wrote:I’m planning rally around the site of a former confederate statue with several prominent far-right figures in Virginia. Coming in with a bang. Soon.

WAIT DELUCCA!?

Yes! She was last in the Middle East dropping off funds and fake passports to Ferdinand’s Islamic army with the goal of going to Mexico and sneaking across the border to commit terrorist acts.
Last edited by Uttland on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Meelducan wrote:please don’t tell me Taylor is running with the Democrats.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Meelducan wrote:please don’t tell me Taylor is running with the Democrats.

We don't know yet

But he's going to face a contested primary if he does

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Uttland wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:WAIT DELUCCA!?

Yes! She was last in the Middle East dropping off funds and fake passports to Ferdinand’s Islamic army with the goal of going to Mexico and sneaking across the border to commit terrorist acts.

You do realize that every Libertarian wants her prosecuted for being the one who destroyed their party. Is she even aware that she's mainly responsible for what happened?

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse