NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Vaquas wrote:De Blasio kicking off all the candidate on candidate conflict by rhetorically castrating O’Rourke was pretty epic, ngl.

Big losers of this debate are O’Rourke, Ryan, both of whom lost every exchange they got involved in.

Big Winners are Castro, Gabbard, de Blasio, and Delaney, who all did what they needed to do to garner a little more attention.

The moderators hated delaney, they consistently jumped on his time, or denied his time. For responses that were supposed to be 60 seconds they gave every other candidate 70 seconds and started to interrupt Delaney at 50.

Also Gabbard did well
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Well Beto took quite the L today.
Die nasty!!111

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Well Beto took quite the L today.

Beto looked incredibly uncomfortable and out of depth, every just walked all over him.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 pm

Impressed by Castro. Felt like they handed the debate to Warren on purpose as well.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Sanabel wrote:Impressed by Castro. Felt like they handed the debate to Warren on purpose as well.

Yea if you look at the amount of time each candidate was given it was ridiculously lopsided to benefit Booker, O'Rourke and Warren.

Also how much do you want to bet Kamala Harris is pulling an all nighter with Rosetta Stone to learn spanish?

EDIT: If Castro gets a boost and knocks out Beto i could see a Warren/Castro ticket
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:48 pm

Bidifgiv is the friend I invited, to clarify given all the new applications
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Puebliza
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Puebliza » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Puebliza
Character Name: Athena Ann Kirkland
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 42
Character Height: 5'9
Character Weight: 185lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Queens County District Attorney / Gubernatorial Candidate
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New York
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Extremely well known in the African American and Latino community. Former Big Law litigator. Great public speaker and advocate. Wide name recognition in NYC. Husband is an Elite Lawyer in Big Law.
Main Weaknesses: Short tempered. Lack of patience. Very blunt. Lack of sympathy. Arrogant at times. Egotistical. Manipulator.
Biography:

Athena An Kirkland is an only child to two extremely wealthy Columbia Law School professors. Her father was one of the first Black men in the Harvard Law Review, and Her mother attended Princeton and created the first African American student organization at Stanford Law. She was born in Ithica New York while her father taught at Cornell University. She then moved to New York City, where she attended and graduated High School. Athena was accepted into Spellman College and graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice. She then attended Law School at Duke University and graduated at the bottom of her class, although she did manage to snatch a Big Law job. Athena passed theNew York Bar exam in her first try, which made up for the lack of determination in Law School. After securing a Big Law job, she worked as a lead litigator for seven years; and during that period met her husband at a Big Law gala. Her husband was a hugely successful corporate lawyer in Chicago who had recently transferred to the New York City branch. They got married after three years of dating, and Athena quit her job shortly after giving birth to twins.

Athena did not want to head back to Big Law, so she took a job at the Queens County District Attorneys office as a prosecutor in the Homicide Division. She successfully prosecuted many criminal cases and shortly after was appointed senior prosecutor of the division. As a top prosecutor, she made it her homicidal units priority to execute the law with the most dignity. Athena was appointed as the first female black Assistant district attorney of Queens County. She worked hand in hand with authorities and created a top priority division for domestic and child abuse cases. Athena continually advocated for the safety of children and women who were victims of domestic violence. Athena argued that domestic abuse cases lacked the attention the desired from the current DA's office.

In 2015, she defeated her opponent, a long-serving DA in the Democratic election and went to win the general election in a landslide win. She ran with a criminal justice reform platform. In her current term as District Attorney, Athena announced that her office would not be prosecuting low-level marijuana drug offenses. The policy change sparked a wave of equal praise by the NAACP, Black Lives Matter movement and backlash from the NYPD, and other police organizations around New York; although her approval rating with African American and Latino voters rose. Regarding law enforcement, Athena worked with the Attorney General of New York to secure more resources for sexual assault and domestic abuse cases. Currently, Athena is gearing up to run for Governor of New York, although she has expressed presidential ambitions.

Other Info:

I have read and accepted the rules of the roleplay: Puebliza

Do Not Remove: 84721

NOTE: I changed her geographic location/office for it to make better sense.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:17 am

Just getting around to watching the debate and Warren has already annoyed me by using ‘Latinx’; IT’S GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT PLS STOP
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:20 am

Dentali wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Impressed by Castro. Felt like they handed the debate to Warren on purpose as well.

Yea if you look at the amount of time each candidate was given it was ridiculously lopsided to benefit Booker, O'Rourke and Warren.

Also how much do you want to bet Kamala Harris is pulling an all nighter with Rosetta Stone to learn spanish?

EDIT: If Castro gets a boost and knocks out Beto i could see a Warren/Castro ticket

Castro crushed it at the debate. Consider Beto gone once they uncover his criminal record.
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:21 am

Maybe Biden+Castro because Castro was in Biden’s cabinet so they know each other.
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:42 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Castro crushed it at the debate. Consider Beto gone once they uncover his criminal record.

I dunno, his mugshot look good as far as mugshots go.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:46 am

I just finished a post I've been working on for a while and I'm honestly scared to post it.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Maybe Biden+Castro because Castro was in Biden’s cabinet so they know each other.

Unlikely, however I would like to see a Biden/Inslee ticket or a Biden/Harris ticket.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 am

Alozia wrote:I just finished a post I've been working on for a while and I'm honestly scared to post it.

Post it, the Gods of Washington demand it!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 am

Probably best to stop pretending like the Dem nominee is going to pick someone of the same sex as their running mate in this election cycle.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 am

How is everyone able to make these flashy graphics in their posts?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:35 am

Bruke wrote:How is everyone able to make these flashy graphics in their posts?

Flashy Graphics?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:37 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Bruke wrote:How is everyone able to make these flashy graphics in their posts?

Flashy Graphics?

Like the announcement tweet

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:50 am

Bruke wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Flashy Graphics?

Like the announcement tweet

Either Photoshop, Powerpoint, MS Paint, or Paint 3D.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 am

I've realised there's something missing in terms of Taylor's personal life. Any suggestions? My first thought was making him (closeted) gay and only being discovered after a leaked sex tape/a journalist investigating him/opposition research, and perhaps a bit of an alcoholic. But perhaps there might be an even better fit for him...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:03 am

Meelducan wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Maybe Biden+Castro because Castro was in Biden’s cabinet so they know each other.

Unlikely, however I would like to see a Biden/Inslee ticket or a Biden/Harris ticket.

there is no world where biden doesnt pick a woman

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I've realised there's something missing in terms of Taylor's personal life. Any suggestions? My first thought was making him (closeted) gay and only being discovered after a leaked sex tape/a journalist investigating him/opposition research, and perhaps a bit of an alcoholic. But perhaps there might be an even better fit for him...

Please no
Democratic Nominee 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:18 am

Vaquas wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I've realised there's something missing in terms of Taylor's personal life. Any suggestions? My first thought was making him (closeted) gay and only being discovered after a leaked sex tape/a journalist investigating him/opposition research, and perhaps a bit of an alcoholic. But perhaps there might be an even better fit for him...

Please no

Being an alcoholic would certainly explain that debate performance.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:50 am

Do b o t h
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse