NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:21 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
RL names still apply but elections after 2016 can shift

If I remember correctly from my lurking days Jean-Luc Mélenchon won the French Presidental Election instead of Emmanuel Macron

Correctomundo
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Sorry for inactivity, been quite busy IRL
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Hey, are other nations in the same state as the USA? Basically 'the exact same except with different leader names'?

Except for the U.K. Because of Westminster RP
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:51 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:

Who is the current PM?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:

We in the same universe?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:30 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Except for the U.K. Because of Westminster RP

Who is the current PM?

Wyvern, lame duck who is about to resign

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:15 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Who is the current PM?

Wyvern, lame duck who is about to resign

Who is the not-David Cameron of the timeline?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Wyvern, lame duck who is about to resign

Who is the not-David Cameron of the timeline?

Wyvern.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:22 am

Tell me when Kramer is ready
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:24 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Who is the not-David Cameron of the timeline?

Wyvern.

Oh I thought that Wyvern was the not-Theresa May.
Please Watch

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:53 am

Aureumterra wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Except for the U.K. Because of Westminster RP

We in the same universe?

We are.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I think coming in guns blazing like that after the tweeting issues is not the best move...

From what I would guess, Miller seems to consider the matter fairly settled, going by his returning to Twitter to issue his apology after Denisevich's text to stay off the account. I think the best course of action would be to continue off of his post with Reed stepping in to partially interrupt and bring up the Twitter issue, but I am open to a different plan.

Is there any objection to the quoted plan?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:54 am

I aim to write 5000 words for my manifesto by next week Saturday. It'll most definitely be released before this day next month, though. It'll be a big manifesto, trust me. It'll basically outline Taylor's plans for the United States.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Here is the first chapter so far (Along with the titles for the others):

Chapter I - The Penultimate Stage of Democracy - A world on Fire
No democracy, no matter how stable or perfect, lasts forever. From the rise of Julius Caesar to the fall of the Weimar Republic, every democracy has an end date. History shall repeat itself, and a dangerous beast shall crown himself dictator to the cries of millions. We can learn from history in this regard, as we must secure American democracy before it is too late. We have entered the penultimate stage of democracy: as oligarchs begin seizing control of institutions and those in favour of democracy begin to retreat, the democratic system decays slowly, rotting like necrotising flesh as maggots and worms flock to the dying mother of liberty. Great civilisation and Western democracy shall be destroyed in a great fire, as the world tumbles into chaos. Some predict this shall happen within the next 50 years, maybe even the next 20. The Western world shall have far-reaching oligarchies, united in all but name. Corporations have already become more powerful than governments and many politicians already rely on their support, so it shan't be too long. The 'alt' and populist right surge around the world as democracy retreats, slowly collapsing. Human rights abuses are being uncovered even in democratic nations. From the investigation into the Wyvern ministry's abuses of disabled people by the UN and to Andrej Duda's attempt at suspending human rights and seizing control of the courts, democracy is in danger across the world. All nations and all peoples must now rally to create an ultimate solution to all our problems, lest the inferno of autocracy incinerate all freedom. This manifesto shall outline all the measures needed to save Western democracy. Long live democracy!
Chapter II - Plutocrats and Kleptocrats - The Cycle of Oligarchy
Chapter III - The People's Bill of Rights - A New Plan for America
Chapter IV - The Great American Transportation System - From Coast to Coast
Chapter V - Equality for All! - American Egalitarianism
Chapter VI - The Cities of the Future - Green Urbanism
Chapter VII - The Protection of Society - The End of Police Brutality
Chapter VIII - The Advancement of Technology - The Future of Science
Chapter IX - The Destruction of Capital - The Deluge
Chapter X - Conclusion
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Prolieum wrote:
From what I would guess, Miller seems to consider the matter fairly settled, going by his returning to Twitter to issue his apology after Denisevich's text to stay off the account. I think the best course of action would be to continue off of his post with Reed stepping in to partially interrupt and bring up the Twitter issue, but I am open to a different plan.

Is there any objection to the quoted plan?

fine by me

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Here is the first chapter so far (Along with the titles for the others):

No democracy, no matter how stable or perfect, lasts forever. From the rise of Julius Caesar to the fall of the Weimar Republic, every democracy has an end date. History shall repeat itself, and a dangerous beast shall crown himself dictator to the cries of millions. We can learn from history in this regard, as we must secure American democracy before it is too late. We have entered the penultimate stage of democracy: as oligarchs begin seizing control of institutions and those in favour of democracy begin to retreat, the democratic system decays slowly, rotting like necrotising flesh as maggots and worms flock to the dying mother of liberty. Great civilisation and Western democracy shall be destroyed in a great fire, as the world tumbles into chaos. Some predict this shall happen within the next 50 years, maybe even the next 20. The Western world shall have far-reaching oligarchies, united in all but name. Corporations have already become more powerful than governments and many politicians already rely on their support, so it shan't be too long. The 'alt' and populist right surge around the world as democracy retreats, slowly collapsing. Human rights abuses are being uncovered even in democratic nations. From the investigation into the Wyvern ministry's abuses of disabled people by the UN and to Andrej Duda's attempt at suspending human rights and seizing control of the courts, democracy is in danger across the world. All nations and all peoples must now rally to create an ultimate solution to all our problems, lest the inferno of autocracy incinerate all freedom. This manifesto shall outline all the measures needed to save Western democracy. Long live democracy!
Chapter X - Conclusion

Can I recommend you not call it a manifesto? the word has very negative connotations. Maybe call it a 'mission statement', 'agenda', or a 'platform'

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Whom is the not-Bush of the RP?
Please Watch

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:13 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Tell me when Kramer is ready

I will, I'm just waiting for Kelvinsi.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Here is the first chapter so far (Along with the titles for the others):

Chapter X - Conclusion

Can I recommend you not call it a manifesto? the word has very negative connotations. Maybe call it a 'mission statement', 'agenda', or a 'platform'

Wait, really? Across the pond, parties release manifestos every election declaring their agenda if elected.
Please Watch

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Dentali wrote:

Chapter X - Conclusion

I imagine those connotations are largely reversed for much of the target audience.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:17 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Whom is the not-Bush of the RP?

Owen B.K. Shrub for the elder, Owen K. Shrub for the junior.

They, along with other notable expies, namely the Supreme Court, can be found on the wiki.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I imagine those connotations are largely reversed for much of the target audience.

I'm not thinking communism i'm thinking mass shooters leaving manifestos

EDIT: As for the target audience it depends if he is going to try and double down on his base or try and expand more mainstream, in which case he should change messaging
Last edited by Dentali on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

The target demographic is really the average American. Apart from the 2nd and 9th sections, it uses more positive language.
Please Watch

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:21 pm

I’m ready to have the meeting if you want to
YANG GANG 2020

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

I'm not thinking communism i'm thinking mass shooters leaving manifestos

Speaking entirely anecdotally, I have seen little to nothing of such a connotation, though it may well have such an implication in some circles. That said, the most significant example of the term at present has not occurred in-roleplay, though past examples, of course, exist.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse