NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Prolieum wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I sent an email to Senator Kramer. For IC purposes unless he chooses to release it it is not in the public domain.

That is the general policy. Publicly releasing emails is viewed similarly as in real life, as a controversial breach of trust. One Republican candidate drew criticism for doing so.

And that was Kramer's email that was released.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:06 am

WCC, is Taylor coming?
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 am

Format glitch. Arab, I think you have to delete the quotation in your last IC post

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:14 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:WCC, is Taylor coming?

Yep. I'll go to MA now.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:20 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:WCC, is Taylor coming?

Yep. I'll go to MA now.

I think there was a misunderstanding there, she meant her office in D.C., she doesn't have one in Boston

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yep. I'll go to MA now.

I think there was a misunderstanding there, she meant her office in D.C., she doesn't have one in Boston

I guess there is the campaign office

We can make make it work out

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:35 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yep. I'll go to MA now.

Should I edit it? Because from what I understand, Congressmen have an office in their constituency and one in DC. I thought it would be better to meet in the constituency one.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am

Should I edit it? Because from what I understand, Congressmen have an office in their constituency and one in DC. I thought it would be better to meet in the constituency one.

Boston isn't her constituency

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Should I edit it? Because from what I understand, Congressmen have an office in their constituency and one in DC. I thought it would be better to meet in the constituency one.

I know, I just landed in Boston and then travelled to her constituency.
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:24 am

I know, I just landed in Boston and then travelled to her constituency.

All right, I'll make it work and get a post up soon as I can

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:28 am

How much pollution did you contribute by flying to boston instead of communicating on the phone or doing a telemeeting?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 am

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Should I edit it? Because from what I understand, Congressmen have an office in their constituency and one in DC. I thought it would be better to meet in the constituency one.

How much pollution did you contribute by flying to boston instead of communicating on the phone or doing a telemeeting?

We'll be doing the debate in that area anyway. I'd have to travel there anyway, so..
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 am

#Stelson

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:29 pm

You know Anderson is in a great position to win suburban voters, given his moderate economic focused stances and generally pleasant demeanor and dignified manner all of which plays well with suburban voters. However he is going to have some difficulty reaching suburban women, even though he hits them dead on in terms of issues the fact he doesn't have a strong female surrogate to use as a messenger means his ability to exploit and turn them out is reduced.

That being said his two opponents aren't suited any better to exploit this, brantley is married but has been divorced in the past. Ramalan is single and his inflammatory rhetoric/ Kramer association is proven to turn off suburban voters PLUS immigration is a proven losing issue with the suburbs.

Ramalan anti immigration rhetoric is best suited in blue collar communities, union towns. Problem is Anderson has focused on them a TON even opening his campaign in Erie. Ramalan's positions could also win evangelicals BUT his Hindu faith is likely to make them less likely to support them. Anderson has promised a 20 week abortion ban has while divorced has made church service a regular part of his campaign stops, hopefully curbing that criticism.

Brantley is inactive so I can't really comment on his campaign, in his app his high approval rating is noted but he hasn't really earned it based on information from his app or through the RP. He could try and attack Anderson for his wealthy upbringing but Brantley was also born into wealth, he could attack him for being divorced but Brantley is also divorced AND apparently had an affair.
Last edited by Dentali on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Is the Anderson meeting to be rescheduled, Dentali?

which meeting?

You had scheduled the meeting with Eric to occur immediately following the conclusion of his meeting with Chalmers and Ashe, unless I remember incorrectly.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

which meeting?

You had scheduled the meeting with Eric to occur immediately following the conclusion of his meeting with Chalmers and Ashe, unless I remember incorrectly.

I didn't realize you were ready to proceed, I am ready when you are. Where should it be held?

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

I didn't realize you were ready to proceed, I am ready when you are. Where should it be held?

It can be held after the meeting with Harrington, there is no rush. I am currently working on another post regardless.
Last edited by Prolieum on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

It can be held after the meeting with Harrington, there is no rush. I am currently working on another post regardless.

apologies, ive been trying to do stuff with Sanabel for a long time now and his return finally allows me to catch up

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

apologies, ive been trying to do stuff with Sanabel for a long time now and his return finally allows me to catch up

By all means, I would have advised the same approach.
Male.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:31 pm

ah hell i forgot the fourth of july

Red Party
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Party » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

how in the hell is this thing still alive, and can I get back in?
does smoking kill? idk

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Red Party wrote:how in the hell is this thing still alive, and can I get back in?

Blood sacrifices obvs

Ruln can jump right back in. Even got an event going on right now in Specev that should help him get back into the flow

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Red Party wrote:how in the hell is this thing still alive, and can I get back in?

What is dead may never die

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Mark Ruln Senator of Minnesota right?

i cant find his app
Last edited by Dentali on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Dentali wrote:

Mark Ruln Senator of Minnesota right?

i cant find his app

It's an oldy

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name:Red Party
Character Name:Mark Ruln
Character Gender:Male
Character Age:35
Character Role:Senator/Minnesota
Appearance:6'2, Blond Hair, Blue Eyes
Character State of Origin:Minnesota
Character Affiliation (Democrat, Republican or Non-Aligned): Democrat
Main Strengths:Strong appeal to both sides, Strong appeal to young voters
Main Weaknesses:Lacks support from older voters
Short Bio:Born in Rosemount, Minnesota, Mark quickly picked up politics from a young age. He led his classes in grades and graduated from Trinity College in Ireland with a degree in Business. (1 to 2 paragraphs)
Other Info:
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse