NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:
Oh wow O'Leary doesn't want to leave who could have predicted this drama for the sake of drama....

Did you expect him to? It's not like his personality is going to randomly change

I didnt expect him to thats the point, none of my characters are going to have this conflict. You can find someone else to get between stevenson and o'leary
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 am

You know what I want to do? Even though I'm leaving for Europe in 2 days, I want to do something fun in the IC, while waiting for Xath and when I return to the States. I want to do some more slice of life posts from a NPC that go from 1999 to 2006. I wanna have it still take place in the IC world, but still give a bit of a story to go with it. Sounds interesting?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 am

Sarah Palin should get another show on TLC.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:16 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:You know what I want to do? Even though I'm leaving for Europe in 2 days, I want to do something fun in the IC, while waiting for Xath and when I return to the States. I want to do some more slice of life posts from a NPC that go from 1999 to 2006. I wanna have it still take place in the IC world, but still give a bit of a story to go with it. Sounds interesting?

Sure
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:46 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:You know what I want to do? Even though I'm leaving for Europe in 2 days, I want to do something fun in the IC, while waiting for Xath and when I return to the States. I want to do some more slice of life posts from a NPC that go from 1999 to 2006. I wanna have it still take place in the IC world, but still give a bit of a story to go with it. Sounds interesting?

Sure

Also, everyone is invited to RP with me with this. It's for fun, so.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Sure

Also, everyone is invited to RP with me with this. It's for fun, so.

Where will it be set?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Bruke wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, everyone is invited to RP with me with this. It's for fun, so.

Where will it be set?

It's mainly going to take place during the Shrub era of presidency, but isn't going to revolved politicians. It's mainly going to deal with the transition into adulthood for a main character who's going to be the central part of the story, especially since he has to deal with several turn of the millennium events, while attempting to get some head starts to some personal goals of his. 1999-2001 will be focused at his high school in Montana, while he is forced to attend a college in New Jersey until 2006 where he heads to Los Angeles before Cox was mayor.

RPs I do

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Bruke wrote:
Where will it be set?

It's mainly going to take place during the Shrub era of presidency, but isn't going to revolved politicians. It's mainly going to deal with the transition into adulthood for a main character who's going to be the central part of the story, especially since he has to deal with several turn of the millennium events, while attempting to get some head starts to some personal goals of his. 1999-2001 will be focused at his high school in Montana, while he is forced to attend a college in New Jersey until 2006 where he heads to Los Angeles before Cox was mayor.

Montana, NJ, LA.... are you sure this has nothing to do with politicians? :p

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:23 pm

How can you show such lack of respect for the first lady?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Okay everybody can we get some guesses as for polling of Anderson vs Ramalan in the Pennsylvania Republican Gubernatorial Primary?

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Dentali wrote:Okay everybody can we get some guesses as for polling of Anderson vs Ramalan in the Pennsylvania Republican Gubernatorial Primary?

Anderson should still win, but Ramalan seems like he’ll be competitive enough to narrow things..

On the high end for R: 52% A, 48% R

On the high end for A: 55% A, 45% R

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Bruke wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:It's mainly going to take place during the Shrub era of presidency, but isn't going to revolved politicians. It's mainly going to deal with the transition into adulthood for a main character who's going to be the central part of the story, especially since he has to deal with several turn of the millennium events, while attempting to get some head starts to some personal goals of his. 1999-2001 will be focused at his high school in Montana, while he is forced to attend a college in New Jersey until 2006 where he heads to Los Angeles before Cox was mayor.

Montana, NJ, LA.... are you sure this has nothing to do with politicians? :p

It's going to be a ragged path for our protagonist. This quote is going to basically sum up the plot of the story.
"Everybody just sorta feels like they don't know where their future is heading right now, ya know?" - Billie Joe Armstrong.

RPs I do

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:Okay everybody can we get some guesses as for polling of Anderson vs Ramalan in the Pennsylvania Republican Gubernatorial Primary?

Anderson should still win, but Ramalan seems like he’ll be competitive enough to narrow things..

That’s lower for Anderson than I thought

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Bruke wrote:

Those are super narrow bounds

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:27 pm

58-42 MOE 6

Obviously its a primary and very early so there's a lot of fluidity to keep in mind, but I ran that this weekend

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:29 pm

58-42 MOE 6

Obviously its a primary and very early so there's a lot of fluidity to keep in mind, but I ran that this weekend

Of course its super early, i didnt realize you were officially running the numbers

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Dentali wrote:
Bruke wrote:

I mean, this is assuming Ramalan is competitive, and he for now he seems to be straddling the line enough to peel off conservatives while remaining a feasible option for the center-right (though less desirable than Anderson).

If Ramalan veers too far to the right to try and consolidate conservative support, Anderson should be able to hit 60%.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Bruke wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I mean, this is assuming Ramalan is competitive, and he for now he seems to be straddling the line enough to peel off conservatives while remaining a feasible option for the center-right (though less desirable than Anderson).

If Ramalan veers too far to the right to try and consolidate conservative support, Anderson should be able to hit 60%.

Andy could easily win with over 70% if things break his way

I don't think it's likely he'd drop below 40 but a 10+ pt loss could still happen

There's a lot of room for either of them to go up or down. Andy should still be the clear favorite and scenario 1 is more likely than scenario 2, but I think odds are better that it'll shape out to be at least a 6+ pt margin of victory than <6

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Ramalan definitely missed a big chance to try to get party support behind him by attending and wooing

National endorsements aren't end all in gov races, but if he could've swung Amaras it could've been something, and after the big blowup with Andy some possible regional/mod support from Stev and more importantly Roberts would've been nice for him

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Did Morton reply? May have missed it

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Did Morton reply? May have missed it

It’s a coming, I’m still trying to tie up loose ends from other RPs.

The reply will be baseball-themed- if Vil is a baseball fan, he should enjoy this.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Bruke wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Did Morton reply? May have missed it

It’s a coming, I’m still trying to tie up loose ends from other RPs.

The reply will be baseball-themed- if Vil is a baseball fan, he should enjoy this.

He's not really though he's a big fitness guy, so maybe something'll hit

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Ramalan definitely missed a big chance to try to get party support behind him by attending and wooing

National endorsements aren't end all in gov races, but if he could've swung Amaras it could've been something, and after the big blowup with Andy some possible regional/mod support from Stev and more importantly Roberts would've been nice for him

Roberts already endorsed Anderson

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Ramalan definitely missed a big chance to try to get party support behind him by attending and wooing

Roberts already endorsed Anderson

Doesn't mean it couldn't be pulled

But Ram's best chance to hit when the iron might have been hot is past

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Bruke wrote:

Andy could easily win with over 70% if things break his way

I don't think it's likely he'd drop below 40 but a 10+ pt loss could still happen

There's a lot of room for either of them to go up or down. Andy should still be the clear favorite and scenario 1 is more likely than scenario 2, but I think odds are better that it'll shape out to be at least a 6+ pt margin of victory than <6

I think Anderson's heavy (and detailed) emphasis on retail politics is going to give him the edge. Ive crazy heavily researched his campaign strategies modeling after IRL local campaigns and positions. Ram has just done rallies, Anderson has done a bunch of interviews, visiting specific groups and businesses, knocking on doors... Comparing the rallies of Andy and Ram, Andersons are larger and more detailed with rhetoric modeled on Scott Wagner and Donald Trump's rallies in the state. As for the conservative stuff, no positions really set Ram apart from Anderson, nothing concrete he can point to, beyond that the christian conservatives will probably be less likely to support a hindu over a christian (Anderson has gone to church in almost every post and met with clergy a dozen time).

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse