NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. XI

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:40 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Awww my Nilap post has disappeared.

Oh well, it wasn’t anything too special.

Can I have some examples of those aforementioned assassination attempts? Especially if they're creative and/or successful.

The de facto Senate leader (de la Pena) got what we call... de la Pena’d.

Not dead, but almost. In so many ways.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:43 pm

Bruke wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Can I have some examples of those aforementioned assassination attempts? Especially if they're creative and/or successful.

The de facto Senate leader (de la Pena) got what we call... de la Pena’d.

Not dead, but almost. In so many ways.

yea but that was an organic event, she didn't know she would be attacked going there, and other players did the attacking.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey, for future reference Amu, you gotta wait for an official acceptance to start posting

You're totally fine, all the edits were good and it was just a check off, don't need to change or go back on anything, just letting you know

Welcome!
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:24 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Awww my Nilap post has disappeared.

Oh well, it wasn’t anything too special.

Can I have some examples of those aforementioned assassination attempts? Especially if they're creative and/or successful.

They were neither.

The three big ones that I remember off the top of my head were assassination attempts on Drumpf and Egazarian, GOP candidates for President

But the biggest most blatant one was Senator Conti (Dem running for President, openly gay Senator) having a Neo nazi literally with a swastika tattoo on his forehead take shots at him shouting "DEATH TO HOMOS" to get attention/sympathy

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Hey, for future reference Amu, you gotta wait for an official acceptance to start posting

You're totally fine, all the edits were good and it was just a check off, don't need to change or go back on anything, just letting you know

Welcome!

Oh. I assumed that since you're the Co-OP, and you said that it was accepted outside of some minor edits, I was accepted.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Hey, for future reference Amu, you gotta wait for an official acceptance to start posting

Welcome!

Oh. I assumed that since you're the Co-OP, and you said that it was accepted outside of some minor edits, I was accepted.

I was asking the question if you wanted to adjust it back to 14 or change the bills, but like I said, it's no big deal

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Oh. I assumed that since you're the Co-OP, and you said that it was accepted outside of some minor edits, I was accepted.

I was asking the question if you wanted to adjust it back to 14 or change the bills, but like I said, it's no big deal

OK.
I'm a dude.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Amuaplye
Character Name: Pyotr Torenov
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 46 years old.
Character Height: 5'10"
Character Weight: 150 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Representative of New York's 10th District.
Appearance: (Image)
Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New York
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths: Pacifist, altruistic.
Main Weaknesses: Short-fused, inexperienced (Despite being in office for several years, he has done very little.)
Biography:

Born on July 10, 1971 to Alexandr Torenov (A 1st generation Russian immigrant, and also representative for New York's 10th District from 1962 to 1970.), and his wife, Julia Torenova. Alexandr was in his 50s, and his wife in his 30s, which was uncommon. His childhood and adolescence were uneventful, going to Beekman Hill in elementary, East Side in his early teens, and then graduating from Stuyvesant when he was 18. He then attended the same school his father was an alumni from: Columbia University. He majored in political science (a thing that Torenov, who was now 70, probably had a role in, considering that's what he majored in too.), and graduated when he was 24, with a bachelor's degree in political science. It was at this point that he started dating his wife, Katherine Stuart. They got married in 1995, and they had 2 kids, Venyamin, born in 1998, and Mary, born in 2003.

On December 12, 1996, Alexandr died in his sleep at the age of 76. This lead Pyotr, now 26, to pursue a career in politics in order to preserve his father's legacy. After all, his eulogy at his funeral (where he announced it), he did say that it was "what Alexandr would have wanted." His first election was for the State House in 2000 (at 30), which he lost in the primaries. This caused him to take a break in politics.

Tragedy struck the following year when on September 11, 2001, 2 planes struck the World Trade Center, another stuck the Pentagon, and a 4th crashed into a field in Pennsylvania. He barely survived, as he was supposed to have a meeting with a journalist on the 107th floor of Tower 1 (the Windows on the World restaurant), however, he and the journalist survived, as the traffic was poor and they both missed their appointment. Other people weren't lucky, as 2,977 people were killed (not including the 19 hijackers), including his father-in-law. Due to this causing a wave of discrimination towards Muslims, he decided to run again, hoping that he would be able to stop it from growing worse.

He then competed in 4 different races from 2002 until 2014, which were the 22nd Senate District, City Council, Mayor, and the 48th Assembly District, all of which he lost. On his 5th race, in 2014, he ran for Representative for the 10th District, at 45. He won the district in a major upset, due to the fact that he was relatively unknown, despite the fact that he had ran in 5 places. His main ideology were based on his "3 Things America Should Do", referring to helping unify people, rehabilitate prisoners, and helping the poor.

In Congress, he is known as the "Quiet One", as he usually does not get himself involved in any of the major stuff, except voting. This has caused him to be relatively unknown, except for the Speaker, the people that sit near him, and his electorate, of course. He is seen as pro-gun control, pro-choice, pro-alternative energy, and wishes for funding for social programs. Since the end of President Winston's term, these are his votes:

Women's Alternative Choices Act: No
Safely Neutering Illegal Persons Act: No
Second Amendment Originality Defense Act: Yes
Restoring Local Authority to Services Act: No
America's Safety Act: No
Dignifying and Editing Female Accomplishes and Currency for Extended Duration: Yes
Taylor Force Act: Yes
Budget Act of 2017: Yes
Sexual Assault Categorization Act: Yes
Declaration of War Against the Islamic State: No
STATUTORY: Yes
Bill to Provide Conjugal Familial Visits under Federal Jurisdiction: Yes.
Rectify Dudley's Disservice Act: Yes
American Right to Bear Arms Act: No
Resolution Honoring the Memory of the Orlando Nightclub Terrorist Attack Victims: Abstain (Was sick that day and couldn't vote.)
Education Equality, Fairness, Nondiscrimination and Equal Treatment Act: No
Combating Racism, Eugenics, and Sexism in Terminations: No

Other Info: None.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Amuaplye

Do Not Remove: 84721

ACCEPTED

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:33 pm

There's our official shiny letters

Welcome again!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm gonna get in touch with Pro about reopening the House if San is still late

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:There's our official shiny letters

Welcome again!

SHINY!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 am

I think I'm still waiting for you in MA when you get the chance Bruke

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:08 am

That took a while, but now it’s finally happening.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Excuse me while I ask a stupid question, but is a proposal for a bill a motion?
I'm a dude.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:04 pm

Amuaplye wrote:Excuse me while I ask a stupid question, but is a proposal for a bill a motion?

Basically of you want to propose a bill you say "I would like to submit the following bill" then post the bill and it goes on the docket

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Dentali wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Excuse me while I ask a stupid question, but is a proposal for a bill a motion?

Basically of you want to propose a bill you say "I would like to submit the following bill" then post the bill and it goes on the docket

OK, I'll edit it accordingly.
I'm a dude.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Dentali wrote:

Then after that, you can either move to suspend the rules to take it up (needs a second and a 2/3rda majority if someone objects) or wait for it to come up through the docket

Most bills come up through suspending because of the size of the docket

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Dentali wrote:

OK, I'll edit it accordingly.

you have a bill already?

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Dentali wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:OK, I'll edit it accordingly.

you have a bill already?

I have an idea for one, yes. Mostly about lowering sentences on some illicit drugs, since Torenov knows that, with the composition of the current House and Senate, he wouldn't be able to pass the full bill. (Which is legalizing marijuana, disbanding the DEA, and using the funding that went towards the DEA and put it into government-operated needle exchange programs.)
I'm a dude.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Dentali wrote:

you have a bill already?

I have an idea for one, yes. Mostly about lowering sentences on some illicit drugs, since Torenov knows that, with the composition of the current House and Senate, he wouldn't be able to pass the full bill. (Which is legalizing marijuana, disbanding the DEA, and using the funding that went towards the DEA and put it into government-operated needle exchange programs.)

Reminds me of the half finished reduced sentencing drug bill I've had sitting around for Jared for months

Seems like a pretty good idea for a first bill, you should go for it

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Amuaplye wrote:I have an idea for one, yes. Mostly about lowering sentences on some illicit drugs, since Torenov knows that, with the composition of the current House and Senate, he wouldn't be able to pass the full bill. (Which is legalizing marijuana, disbanding the DEA, and using the funding that went towards the DEA and put it into government-operated needle exchange programs.)

Reminds me of the half finished reduced sentencing drug bill I've had sitting around for Jared for months

Is there an application for that? I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to this, so I might need some help.
I'm a dude.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Amuaplye wrote:

Is there an application for that? I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to this, so I might need some help.

I mean we have a format for the bill but you can submit whatever you want.... Keep in mind if its bad we will destroy it in character and by extension your congressman. However OOC we will help you as much as you need.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Amuaplye wrote:

There's a template in the Congress thread, and you can look at some of the other bills posted there. You don't need to worry about going into hyper detail or complexity, simplified bills are perfectly fine.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Ohhh no....

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 pm

Samara is a guy.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse